PDA

View Full Version : LIBERTY WILL COME CRYING BACK TO FCS HAHA

Bucs2016
February 20th, 2017, 11:21 PM
Well Liberty finally did it. FBS Independent 2018. Leaving Big South.

Huge mistake. They're gonna lose. A lot. Heres why:

1. LU recruited well in FCS because basically they had close to the lower level FBS facilities. Beautiful compared to the rest of the Big South. However....the return of ODU and the rise of JMU has hurt Liberty.

2. LU is in boring a** Lynchburg and has crazy religious rules on campus. Now they're recruiting FBS talent. Their stadium is now subpar FBS rather than excellent FCS. They arent BYU or Notre Dame. Or TCU.

3. They're gonna try to recruit FBS recruits to the middle of nowhere...face strict campus rules...have NO championship they can ever win...EVER....and play in a stadium that is now subpar in FBS. SORRY. NO CHANCE. You're gonna tell an FBS recruit he cant have a TV in his room, cant hold hands w a female, cant listen to rap music, cant have a sip of alcohol ever? Again....only BYU gets away with that. Yall aint BYU.

Liberty....man...yall finally did it. Its not gonna work out for you like it did for App or how it will work for Coastal. Seriously....what makes you guys expect you'll ever be better than Rice or Kansas??? You wont. You'll be worse.

And imagine this. You've won your last championship. Ever. Whenever the last one was...thats it. Never again will Liberty sport a championship ring or hold a football championship trophy.

Aaaahhh....man....good luck. Just not sure how when you are being blown out at home by a team with a ****ty 4000k seat aluminum stadium yall can look in the mirror and say "Yep. We're FBS ready!"

Bisonoline
February 20th, 2017, 11:27 PM

1. LU recruited well in FCS because basically they had close to the lower level FBS facilities. Beautiful compared to the rest of the Big South. However....the return of ODU and the rise of JMU has hurt Liberty.

2. LU is in boring a** Lynchburg and has crazy religious rules on campus. Now they're recruiting FBS talent. Their stadium is now subpar FBS rather than excellent FCS. They arent BYU or Notre Dame. Or TCU.

3. They're gonna try to recruit FBS recruits to the middle of nowhere...face strict campus rules...have NO championship they can ever win...EVER....and play in a stadium that is now subpar in FBS. SORRY. NO CHANCE. You're gonna tell an FBS recruit he cant have a TV in his room, cant hold hands w a female, cant listen to rap music, cant have a sip of alcohol ever? Again....only BYU gets away with that. Yall aint BYU.

Liberty....man...yall finally did it. Its not gonna work out for you like it did for App or how it will work for Coastal. Seriously....what makes you guys expect you'll ever be better than Rice or Kansas??? You wont. You'll be worse.

And imagine this. You've won your last championship. Ever. Whenever the last one was...thats it. Never again will Liberty sport a championship ring or hold a football championship trophy.

Aaaahhh....man....good luck. Just not sure how when you are being blown out at home by a team with a ****ty 4000k seat aluminum stadium yall can look in the mirror and say "Yep. We're FBS ready!"

That is almost word for word what we were told when we moved up. Did you get a copy of UNDs student newspaper when we moved up?????

Bucs2016
February 20th, 2017, 11:33 PM
That is almost word for word what we were told when we moved up. Did you get a copy of UNDs student newspaper when we moved up?????

[/B]

You guys are WAY different. You clearly had an FCS caliber facility. And you're a public school. LU is a strict Southern Baptist religious based campus. The Falwells run it. And Lynchburg is um....dull to be nice. Also a dry county I believe. They wont get FBS caliber recruits there. The appeal of playing in a stadium like that draws FCS players. But FBS? No.

The ONLY reason Charleston Southern gets good FCS talent is because Charleston is a paradise city for college kids. Otherwise we'd be screwed bc we are also religious with rules...but LU rules are 10x stricter.

They may prove me wrong. But I doubt it.

Bucs2016
February 20th, 2017, 11:45 PM
Im a conservative so i depsise this website( http://m.dailykos.com/story/2012/5/11/1090946/-Liberty-University-s-The-Liberty-Way-exposed ), but, here is a sample of LU rules. *Remember...now they're trying to lure recruits not away from Charleston Southern, VMI, Richmond and Gardner-Webb....but from VA Tech, Louisville, UVA, WVU, UNC, Notre Dame, Marshall, etc:

For one...after dusk you cant be in the parking lot with your girlfriend. You are forbidden from watching R rated movies. ANYWHERE. Not just campus. And there is NO CABLE TV on campus. Wanna watch that Bama vs Clemson Monday night ESPN thriller? Sorry. Not here.

No dancing or kissing at Liberty. Seriously. No wonder players dont do TD or sack dances. They cant.
If you wanna go out and stay out overnight...must get permission and sign out.

FLIP FLOPS ARE BANNED.
BIKINIS ARE BANNED (Hell we have girls at CSU who go to the beach between classes and stay in the bikini top)
Female shorts and skirts....must be knee length.

Their classification of offenses groups drinking alcohol, spending overnight w girlfriend and missing church...EQUALLY as bad as abortion or rape.

Its insane. Tbey had enough facilities and stuff to compete with the Big South. But FBS? You see how NDSU is apples and oranges now Im sure. Yall just doubled scholarships and kept rolling!!

To each his own and its their school, their rules, their choice. But to think they're gonna recruit FBS talent is crazy.

ursus arctos horribilis
February 21st, 2017, 12:12 AM
Why didn't you start this in smack? If it is your original intention to talk **** I'm fine with it but just start the damn thread over there. I've had about my fill of the **** talk over Liberty on the FCSD board this week.

Also put your money where your mouth is. I'll go a Hundy that they are not back by 2022. PM if interested.

Go...gate
February 21st, 2017, 12:26 AM

This is a done deal?

Bucs2016
February 21st, 2017, 12:28 AM
This is a done deal?

Yep.

Go...gate
February 21st, 2017, 12:31 AM
It is, but not without risks:

http://pilotonline.com/sports/columnist/harry-minium/minium-ncaa-exception-for-liberty-was-right-call-but-could/article_cccaf7d1-88de-5c93-bf5d-1943f64e9aaa.html

Bucs2016
February 21st, 2017, 12:31 AM
Why didn't you start this in smack? If it is your original intention to talk **** I'm fine with it but just start the damn thread over there. I've had about my fill of the **** talk over Liberty on the FCSD board this week.

Also put your money where your mouth is. I'll go a Hundy that they are not back by 2022. PM if interested.

Sorry. If it was mid October I would. Late February probably not much else on main board to talk about.

And...its not smack. Im just harshly analyzing. This is all true.

Id take that bet but im not super confident. LU hired the Baylor AD. Kept Turner Gill. And then moved to FBS. For all I know they'll incorporate Liberty football as a private business and apply for an NFL expansion slot.

Bucs2016
February 21st, 2017, 12:40 AM
It is, but not without risks:

http://pilotonline.com/sports/columnist/harry-minium/minium-ncaa-exception-for-liberty-was-right-call-but-could/article_cccaf7d1-88de-5c93-bf5d-1943f64e9aaa.html

Good article. Same thinking i had on it.

I suppose Liberty is hoping evangelical Christians (baptists) will follow LU football the same way Mormons do BYU and Catholics do Notre Dame. Obvious history factors make that a VERY silly dream. But that aside....most evangelicals in the South are in SEC/ACC country. Which means they already religiously follow some other FBS team. SO while Catholics in Indiana or Wyoming may become Notre Dame fans....i highly doubt evangelicals in Florida, Alabama or Texas are gonna start being rabid LU fans.

Catatonic
February 21st, 2017, 06:13 AM
Good article. Same thinking i had on it.

I suppose Liberty is hoping evangelical Christians (baptists) will follow LU football the same way Mormons do BYU and Catholics do Notre Dame. Obvious history factors make that a VERY silly dream. But that aside....most evangelicals in the South are in SEC/ACC country. Which means they already religiously follow some other FBS team. SO while Catholics in Indiana or Wyoming may become Notre Dame fans....i highly doubt evangelicals in Florida, Alabama or Texas are gonna start being rabid LU fans.

Until recently Baylor imagined itself as the evangelical counterpart to BYU and Notre Dame. Following the debacle in Waco maybe Liberty imagines they can pick up the mantle. although Liberty's rules are a lot more stringent than Baylor's.

F'N Hawks
February 21st, 2017, 07:57 AM

[/B]

UND.

Anthony215
February 21st, 2017, 08:12 AM
Never realized all the strict rules they have but having known a few kids who went to Liberty trust and believe they find a way to have a good time and I'm sure on the recruiting trips the recruits see that they can still enjoy the college life in Lynchburg even if they have to disguise a party for a bible study session lol.

Anthony215
February 21st, 2017, 08:15 AM
For those who think that the P5 schools won't come to a mid major keep on thinking that. ODU has already hosted NC State and will host UNC next season. No reason to believe Liberty can't pull off a 2 road games in return for 1 home game in Lynchburg deal if their admins have any relationships with other ADs willing to play ball.

http://www.fbschedules.com/2017/02/north-carolina-appalachian-state-schedule-three-game-football-series/

BEAR
February 21st, 2017, 08:16 AM

Bigot much? I don't care if you don't agree with their rules that's your right but it is their campus and is a religious one at that. You could have said "strict" religious rules instead but you turned it into what you did. Do better. Man that ruined the thread completely.

RootinFerDukes
February 21st, 2017, 08:16 AM
The rise of JMU? That happened back in 2004. We've been here ever since. We haven't had a losing season since 2002.

Sycamore62
February 21st, 2017, 08:29 AM
Wow, have you considered not attending Liberty or were you forced to?

RootinFerDukes
February 21st, 2017, 08:29 AM
For a CSU fan, you should be somewhat excited not because your conference is that much less appealing (it never was), but for the fact that the Big South is CSU's conference to lose every single season. It does suck realizing your conference is guaranteed to be a one bid-conference moving forward.

Libertine
February 21st, 2017, 08:32 AM
There was a time when I might -- MIGHT!! -- have bothered to correct a CSU paper hat on stuff like this. (Seriously, you went to the Daily Kos to get a sample of the rules at a conservative religious school? Really? )

However, as of last Thursday...

http://www.anygivensaturday.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=24654&stc=1

IBleedYellow
February 21st, 2017, 08:34 AM
Umm.

No. They aren't coming back. Their administration will bleed money to stay in FBS. Their founder's vision had FBS as a dream to spread Christianity and thought it was a great platform for that.

More power to them.

RootinFerDukes
February 21st, 2017, 09:02 AM
Umm.

No. They aren't coming back. Their administration will bleed money to stay in FBS. Their founder's vision had FBS as a dream to spread Christianity and thought it was a great platform for that.

More power to them.

Yep. This. One of three things will happen.

1) they'll find success and become relevant. Unlikely but it could happen. They'll always stay independent too outside of a P5 coming calling and that's not happening. Falwell doesn't like rules and regulations and a conference membership is exactly that.

2) they'll be a forgettable G5 independent that is generally indecipherable from UMass, NMSU and UConn (eventually). This is what will actually happen. They'll lose more than they win and not go to many bowl games unless Falwell creates his own, and I can definitely see him doing that sooner rather than later. Falwell will eat the financial losses in the name of playing "big boy college football".

3) The least likely but possible chance that Falwell and Liberty eventually go under and thus the university and football team with it.

Either way, Falwell will close the university before he sends his program back to FCS. That is a guarantee.

walliver
February 21st, 2017, 09:08 AM
Liberty will do OK ... it's not like they were a perennial contender at FCS level, anyway. And they have the money to stay at FBS no matter what happens.
The Big South, and CSU in particular will be negatively impacted. A Big South team may not host a playoff game for the next 3-5 years. With CCU out, everybody's SOS takes a hit. With Liberty out, it falls a little more. Unless CSU and the rest can step up their OOC schedules significantly, a seed will be very unlikely regardless of how good the teams are. KSU and UNA may help down the road, but beating PC and Gardner Webb won't win a seed.

DirtyDukes
February 21st, 2017, 09:17 AM
Until recently Baylor imagined itself as the evangelical counterpart to BYU and Notre Dame. Following the debacle in Waco maybe Liberty imagines they can pick up the mantle. although Liberty's rules are a lot more stringent than Baylor's.

Ironic then that they took Baylor's AD.

IBleedYellow
February 21st, 2017, 09:32 AM
Ironic then that they took Baylor's AD.

The fact that they did take Baylor's AD is the reason that I lost pretty much all respect for Liberty.

You can claim "forgiveness and only God can judge" most times. Sitting back and watching teams gang rape 45+ ladies, is not most times.

Thumper 76
February 21st, 2017, 09:41 AM
The fact that they did take Baylor's AD is the reason that I lost pretty much all respect for Liberty.

You can claim "forgiveness and only God can judge" most times. Sitting back and watching teams gang rape 45+ ladies, is not most times.

This. I'm glad they're going to FBS just for that reason alone. Don't let the door hit ya where the good lord splitcha.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

POD Knows
February 21st, 2017, 10:12 AM
This. I'm glad they're going to FBS just for that reason alone. Don't let the door hit ya where the good lord splitcha.

I am with you on this, WGAF. Good riddance.

dbackjon
February 21st, 2017, 11:26 AM

The rape/murder mantle? They did hire Baylor's AD, who should be in jail for his role in covering up dozens of rapes.

dbackjon
February 21st, 2017, 11:28 AM
Umm.

More power to them.

Correct - unless forced down with others, they will never move back

ursus arctos horribilis
February 21st, 2017, 12:19 PM
Sorry. If it was mid October I would. Late February probably not much else on main board to talk about.

And...its not smack. Im just harshly analyzing. This is all true.

Id take that bet but im not super confident. LU hired the Baylor AD. Kept Turner Gill. And then moved to FBS. For all I know they'll incorporate Liberty football as a private business and apply for an NFL expansion slot.

I can see a level of nastiness in the posts that sort of spells out what your intentions are Bucs. As I said that is all fine if you put it where it should go. Not saying a lot of this hasn't been done elsewhere but I am really getting tired of the crap sprayed around on what should be the one decent board here to come talk real news, issues, etc. I see your time of the year reasoning but find it faulty also. what type of thread you are posting up really has zero to do with chronology. I'd just really appreciate it if you took the time to either make just the points without the angst and emotion OR you put the thread on the board that it works for. I will be making a bit more of an effort this season to get rid of a lot of this.

Just asking for your help moving forward.xthumbsupx

DFW HOYA
February 21st, 2017, 12:23 PM
They'll lose more than they win and not go to many bowl games unless Falwell creates his own, and I can definitely see him doing that sooner rather than later.

Well, the obvious bowl name is already taken...

http://content.sportslogos.net/logos/68/1856/full/qhh3t1o1c3f7o36b6tmb.gif

dbackjon
February 21st, 2017, 12:34 PM
Well, the obvious bowl name is already taken...

http://content.sportslogos.net/logos/68/1856/full/qhh3t1o1c3f7o36b6tmb.gif

Nah, given Jr's love affair with that paragon of virtue and Christian ethics, the Trump Bowl is the frontrunner

KPSUL
February 21st, 2017, 01:03 PM

Big South Championship Ring: http://www.anygivensaturday.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=24659&stc=1

GManFromTigerland
February 21st, 2017, 01:17 PM

My thoughts exactly. This will be interesting.

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

RootinFerDukes
February 21st, 2017, 01:28 PM
Correct - unless forced down with others, they will never move back

Even in that hypothetical situation, Falwell will sue them for everything he can. He won't go down without a fight. The easier path around this is the entire P5 just "moving up" to another subdivision level or leave the NCAA all together like they've always rumored.

StrikeJMU
February 21st, 2017, 01:45 PM
I'd love to play Liberty in Lynchburg for $500,000.

Bucs2016
February 21st, 2017, 02:11 PM
The rise of JMU? That happened back in 2004. We've been here ever since. We haven't had a losing season since 2002.

Yes i know. Thats what I meant. Liberty has lost some recruits ever since 2004 to JMU.

Bucs2016
February 21st, 2017, 02:13 PM
For a CSU fan, you should be somewhat excited not because your conference is that much less appealing (it never was), but for the fact that the Big South is CSU's conference to lose every single season. It does suck realizing your conference is guaranteed to be a one bid-conference moving forward.

I won't deny that I am. I fully accept who we are. We will NEVER be FBS or on a level like JMU is right now with facilities. We're a small D1 school in an average FCS conference. And im fine with it.

Bucs2016
February 21st, 2017, 02:19 PM
Big South Championship Ring: http://www.anygivensaturday.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=24659&stc=1

Thats cute coming from a team that would finish .500 in the SoCon.

- - - Updated - - -

I'd love to play Liberty in Lynchburg for $500,000.

You will. And JMU will beat em.

RootinFerDukes
February 21st, 2017, 02:20 PM
Yes i know. Thats what I meant. Liberty has lost some recruits ever since 2004 to JMU.

A school with one playoff appearance and one playoff win (*sigh*) is your definition of having been somewhere with which one can be "passed"? There wasn't much for JMU to rise above in relation to Liberty.

Bucs2016
February 21st, 2017, 02:42 PM
A school with one playoff appearance and one playoff win (*sigh*) is your definition of having been somewhere with which one can be "passed"? There wasn't much for JMU to rise above in relation to Liberty.

No not at all. Just saying JMU is 1 of the several things that has kept LU from being any better than they are. They have to thread a needle in recruiting so all the other things affect them a lot. The success of JMU, ODU, Richmond and others recruiting that mid Atlantic region makes it even harder. Now them being FBS will amplify it even more.

BadlandsGrizFan
February 21st, 2017, 02:43 PM
https://cdn.meme.am/cache/instances/folder326/61708326.jpg

StrikeJMU
February 21st, 2017, 02:49 PM
I'm assuming their first step will be scheduling a home and home with the New Jersey Generals.

BadlandsGrizFan
February 21st, 2017, 02:51 PM
Well I'm guessing good old fashioned gang rapes will now be allowed on campus. At least the current new hires seem to be in favor of that sort of thing?

Never realized all the strict rules they have but having known a few kids who went to Liberty trust and believe they find a way to have a good time and I'm sure on the recruiting trips the recruits see that they can still enjoy the college life in Lynchburg even if they have to disguise a party for a bible study session lol.

Bucs2016
February 21st, 2017, 02:51 PM
I'm assuming their first step will be scheduling a home and home with the New Jersey Generals.

HAHA oh man....I bet most people dont get that reference yet.

Go...gate
February 22nd, 2017, 12:51 AM

Brian Sipe and Herschel Walker and John Joyce (Colgate '82) will be coming out of retirement.

The Boogie Down
February 22nd, 2017, 02:28 PM
Brian Sipe and Herschel Walker and John Joyce (Colgate '82) will be coming out of retirement.

Fordham's Sam Bowers has all three of 'em beat. NJ Generals all-time leader in receiving yards, and the USFL's all-time leader in receiving yards for a TE. Two records which I can safely say will NEVER be broken!

Bisonoline
February 22nd, 2017, 02:33 PM

Brian Sipe? Wow havent heard that name in years.

walliver
February 22nd, 2017, 03:24 PM

They're being renamed The Deplorables.

Also, don't believe the fake scores ESPN posts.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Bucs2016
February 22nd, 2017, 04:47 PM
They're being renamed The Deplorables.

Also, don't believe the fake scores ESPN posts.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

YES! Someone got the Trump connection hahaha

mmiller_34
February 22nd, 2017, 06:32 PM
4000k seat aluminum stadium

That is a huge ****in' stadium.

Thumper 76
February 22nd, 2017, 07:54 PM
That is a huge ****in' stadium.

Glad I'm not the only one who saw that xlolx

Bucs2016
February 23rd, 2017, 05:53 AM
Glad I'm not the only one who saw that xlolx

Its my CSU edgeamucation

catamount man
February 23rd, 2017, 09:01 PM
Umm.

No. They aren't coming back. Their administration will bleed money to stay in FBS. Their founder's vision had FBS as a dream to spread HIS VERSION OF Christianity and thought it was a great platform for that.

More power to them.

FIFY. GO CATS!!!