PDA

View Full Version : Southland Offseason Thread

Pages : [1] 2 3 4

Daytripper
February 14th, 2017, 02:37 PM
General conversation about Southland Conference topics.

Some possible discussion topics:

New head coaches at Lamar and Abilene Christian.

Can Sam Houston bounce back from the JMU humiliation?

Can McNeese improve under second-year HC?

Will the overall competitiveness of the conference improve?

Can UCA build on last season and be a legit natty contender?

TheRevSFA
February 14th, 2017, 02:40 PM
Sam starts their inevitable spiral down into the depths of the SLC cellar...

UCA wins the conference.

Daytripper
February 14th, 2017, 02:41 PM
Sam starts their inevitable spiral down into the depths of the SLC cellar...

UCA wins the conference.

We will see... xcoffeex

Daytripper
February 14th, 2017, 02:43 PM

Will SFA fans begin discussing basketball before October?

TheRevSFA
We will see... xcoffeex

Yes we will xnodx

I just figured I'd get the "we don't get any respect on AGS" thread on Katfans going for 2017....

TheRevSFA

We always start in August.

What's funny though, is that you are trying to insult us for doing what this board effectively does.....

xcoffeex

Daytripper
February 14th, 2017, 02:44 PM
Yes we will xnodx

I just figured I'd get the "we don't get any respect on AGS" thread on Katfans going for 2017....

Those threads are very seasonal. Check back in November...:(

Daytripper
February 14th, 2017, 02:46 PM
We always start in August.

What's funny though, is that you are trying to insult us for doing what this board effectively does.....

xcoffeex

Honestly, I really do hope you guys are competitive in football this season. Hope you win them all except for the BOTPW.

TheRevSFA
February 14th, 2017, 02:50 PM
Honestly, I really do hope you guys are competitive in football this season. Hope you win them all except for the BOTPW.

I don't care if we go 1-10..as long as the one is at BOTPW and we break the streak...

Although getting Sawyer in as QB could be pretty awesome.

Panther88
February 14th, 2017, 02:54 PM
Let us hope lightning doesn't strike twice, ala hurricane-like, w/ the match-up between PV and SHSU. This is a contest that is 30 years overdue, considering the proximity between both schools.

Daytripper
February 14th, 2017, 02:57 PM
Let us hope lightning doesn't strike twice, ala hurricane-like, w/ the match-up between PV and SHSU. This is a contest that is 30 years overdue, considering the proximity between both schools.

I'm looking forward to a burgeoning rivalry. With your facilities, you should replace HBU in the conference. You guys can be competitive.

- - - Updated - - -

Oh, and Nicholls. Will Nicholls continue to improve or return to being Nicholls?

BEAR
February 14th, 2017, 03:16 PM
From what I could see the conference will be stronger next year.

I don't see Sam doing any worse. So I predict they will AT LEAST share the regular season conference title.

UCA should be about the same. BUT when it comes to depth they have improved at the DB position. While we had talent back there last year, we got lit up in spots..badly.

SFA will be better. Heck of a recruiting class. As for coaching...no improvement there.

SLU will be better.

Having said that I find it hard to believe UCA will make the playoffs with Kansas State and SHSU in the first four games. No room for error after those. Thinking about that again, if UCA doesn't compete with SHSU for the title, then I don't see anyone doing it. McNeese is just too much of a unknown.

BEAR
February 14th, 2017, 03:36 PM
What player are you excited about watching next year? Why? ONE player.

#23 RB Carlos Blackman 6'1" 228 Sophomore

Freshman stats: 4.5 ypc, 5 TDs. 639 total yards.

Why? UCA rushed 645 times last year using 6 or 7 RBs a game. Kid never had a chance to show his talent. I can't tell you how many fans of the other schools WANTED to see that kid on the field. I'd get PMs from Sam fans, SFA fans, and Samford fans just wondering what the hell our coach was doing leaving him on the bench. He's not flashy. He's just straight ahead knock the crap out of you ready. I seriously hope he becomes the focus of the RB offense this next year.

Here's a short video of his game with Nicholls.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gd7SDy6-3TM

High School: played at Gosnell (Ark.) High School... 2012 conference champions... 2013 conference champions... 2014 conference champions... 2014 first-team All-Conference... 2015 first-team All-Conference... 2015 first-team All-State... academic honor roll... 269 points scored in 2015 regular season (most in Arkansas)... 2,368 rushing yards... avg. 12 yards per carry... averaged 215.3 yards per game... scored 38 total touchdowns, including 97-yard run... scored six TDs in a game three times... Hooten's Magazine rated #20 player in Arkansas

Daytripper
February 14th, 2017, 03:57 PM

Tyon Merchant. This incoming freshman should start AND have an impact in the defensive backfield...which we need.

Tyon Merchant • DB • 6-1 • 180 • College Station, Texas (A&M Consolidated HS)
- Three-star recruit according to 247Sports.com
- Three-star recruit according to Scout.com
- Ranked by Scout.com as No. 103 CB in nation and No. 13 CB in Texas
- 2016 stats: 2 INT, 1 INT TD
- 2015 stats: 37 tackles, 2 TFL, 7 PBU, 1 FR, 1 INT, 1 PR TD
- 2014 stats: 31 tackles, 4 sacks
- 2015 all-District 18-5A first team
- 2016 all-District 18-5A first team

Daytripper
February 14th, 2017, 04:02 PM

#23 RB Carlos Blackman 6'1" 228 Sophomore

Freshman stats: 4.5 ypc, 5 TDs. 639 total yards.

Why? UCA rushed 645 times last year using 6 or 7 RBs a game. Kid never had a chance to show his talent. I can't tell you how many fans of the other schools WANTED to see that kid on the field. I'd get PMs from Sam fans, SFA fans, and Samford fans just wondering what the hell our coach was doing leaving him on the bench. He's not flashy. He's just straight ahead knock the crap out of you ready. I seriously hope he becomes the focus of the RB offense this next year.

Here's a short video of his game with Nicholls.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gd7SDy6-3TM

High School: played at Gosnell (Ark.) High School... 2012 conference champions... 2013 conference champions... 2014 conference champions... 2014 first-team All-Conference... 2015 first-team All-Conference... 2015 first-team All-State... academic honor roll... 269 points scored in 2015 regular season (most in Arkansas)... 2,368 rushing yards... avg. 12 yards per carry... averaged 215.3 yards per game... scored 38 total touchdowns, including 97-yard run... scored six TDs in a game three times... Hooten's Magazine rated #20 player in Arkansas

He's a biggin'

SFA 93
February 14th, 2017, 06:07 PM
http://sfasawmill.com/s/156/sfas-four-star-quarterback-i-feel-like-well-shock-a-lot-of-people/2

Our receiving corp should be a nightmare to cover

WR:#9 Trae Hart 5-11; 175 (Sr.) (All-SLC) 2nd Team
WR:#2 Frank Iheanacho 6-6; 230 (Jr.)
WR:#5 Terian Goree 6-3; 185 (Jr.)
WR:#80 Tamrick Pace 6-3; 200 (So.) All-American (Freshman)
WR:#89 Kiki Hill 6-2; 226 (So.) (All-SLC) HM
WR:#82 Cody Williams 6-3; 212 (So.)
WR:#81 Jonathan Sam 6-2; 205 (So.)
WR:#22 Thomas Nolley 6-3; 190 (Fr.)
WR:#00 Dylan Parker 6-4; 185 (Fr.)

McNeese72
February 15th, 2017, 07:48 AM

Nah! Not without any players, especially in the OL. ;)

Doc

Daytripper
February 15th, 2017, 08:39 AM
Here's my unscientific general prediction of how the upcoming season will play out.

SHSU and UCA will make the playoffs. One of either McNeese, SELA, and Nicholls will also make the playoffs if the ball bounces their way in a game or two. SFA and ACU have the best chance of the longshots to break through and have a playoff season. UIW should improve. The rest of the league will suck as usual. I foresee the two new HCs going in opposite directions. I think ACU will be greatly improved. Lamar could end up being the worst team in the league.

Panther88
February 15th, 2017, 10:45 AM
I'm looking forward to a burgeoning rivalry. With your facilities, you should replace HBU in the conference. You guys can be competitive.
Oh, and Nicholls. Will Nicholls continue to improve or return to being Nicholls?

You're in the SHSU minority, D-wizzle. There were QUITE a few SHSU'ers on this site who very negatively stated that "Prairie View has nothing to offer the Southland conference" when I proposed a PV move from the SWAC to the more regional-friendly SLC a few years ago. I foretold, at that time, that a new football stadium was forthcoming, along w/ a complete overhaul of our entire athletic infrastructure, which occurred (state of the art new t&f stadium used by the 2016 summer olympic team to train on, new soccer stadium, new baseball stadium, new softball stadium, new tennis courts, upgraded basketball gym, new bowling alley (building), new starbucks on campus lol xlolx , blah blah blah).

This fall decently excites me because we have 3 SLC schools on our OOC schedule: SHSU, Nicholls, and IUW. The tale of the tape of our more recent ascension will be told in those OOC games. We have 10 D-I FCS games and 1 sub-FCS game this fall.

Sammy94
February 15th, 2017, 10:45 AM

Why? Are they good at basketball anymore?

Panther88
February 15th, 2017, 10:48 AM
http://sfasawmill.com/s/156/sfas-four-star-quarterback-i-feel-like-well-shock-a-lot-of-people/2

Our receiving corp should be a nightmare to cover

WR:#9 Trae Hart 5-11; 175 (Sr.) (All-SLC) 2nd Team
WR:#2 Frank Iheanacho 6-6; 230 (Jr.)
WR:#5 Terian Goree 6-3; 185 (Jr.)
WR:#80 Tamrick Pace 6-3; 200 (So.) All-American (Freshman)
WR:#89 Kiki Hill 6-2; 226 (So.) (All-SLC) HM
WR:#82 Cody Williams 6-3; 212 (So.)
WR:#81 Jonathan Sam 6-2; 205 (So.)
WR:#22 Thomas Nolley 6-3; 190 (Fr.)
WR:#00 Dylan Parker 6-4; 185 (Fr.)

Geez they are big. Are they fast or just big slow guys?

Sammy94
February 15th, 2017, 11:07 AM
What player are you excited about watching next year? Why? ONE player

Corey Avery, with a new OC and a more balanced attack, this guy should have a few more games like this one in 2017.

http://static-10.sinclairstoryline.com/resources/media/e6382175-5718-4723-ad4e-9899c693e9a3-large16x9_coreyavery0000000?1481328777939

But how can you just pick one???

A Walter Payton QB, Yedi, Stewart, Davis, Remus, and a new DC and upgrades on defense. Could be the best year ever.

FormerPokeCenter
February 15th, 2017, 11:25 AM
I don't expect much out of my Pokes this year. 3rd or 4th, probably. No DL, thin at OL...thin at DB...pretty good at QB and receiver...but probably not enough time to throw the ball...

Panther88
February 15th, 2017, 11:36 AM
SHSU is loaded. No disrespect to SHSU but it will be akin to us playing last fall's Rice squad where they were physically bigger and stronger than us and certainly out-executed us on O.

I'm not sure what PV's strength is @ this moment other than we return 8 on O and 8 on D. There were MAJOR holes that needed to be filled, like the graduated QB position where we inked the skills of the #6 rated JUCO dual-threat QB last fall. He was originally a 3* recruit who went JUCO.

In an odd twist, PV has done well in its home games the last 5 seasons. We've lost only 4-5 total (I think?). Oddly enough, SU beat us @ our place last fall in the new diggs and the team before them that gave us an L was... *drumroll*.... the SLC's ACU. Differing coach, different talent, ... The talent AND coaching were all upgraded since then. The last 2 consecutive years, we've lost only 1 game @ home.

Daytripper
February 15th, 2017, 12:07 PM
Geez they are big. Are they fast or just big slow guys?

If a 6-3 or 6-4 WR had any speed at all, he would be FBS.

Panther88
February 15th, 2017, 12:41 PM

You will catch decent flack for that comment sir. :D But, it holds true to a certain extent.

We have a now redshirt-soph WR who's actually a t&f guy (200m/100m speed that was tops in Cali and was being looked @ by the PAC-XII Cali/Oregon schools but no one offered him early and we did). He's 6'3" 217lbs of pure blazing speed but... is inconsistent w/ catching the last year (being PC). He's being counted on this fall, I'm sure, since our other big WR (6'3" 215 lber possession WR graduated).

TheRevSFA
February 15th, 2017, 03:52 PM

Iheanacho was FBS :)

Daytripper
February 15th, 2017, 04:36 PM
Iheanacho was FBS :)

Good get, then!

SFA 93
February 15th, 2017, 05:59 PM
Fast...check out their videos. Hart, Nacho, Goree were all FBS, with Hart getting All-SLC, Pace was a three star recruit and All American as a true freshman. Hill was All SLC. We have another recruit at WR Thompson who is a three star recruit with 4.38 spd. had offers to Maryland and UConn. Sam Houston State tried to get Parker the week before signing.

Catatonic
February 16th, 2017, 06:26 AM
Fast...check out their videos. Hart, Nacho, Goree were all FBS, with Hart getting All-SLC, Pace was a three star recruit and All American as a true freshman. Hill was All SLC. We have another recruit at WR Thompson who is a three star recruit with 4.38 spd. had offers to Maryland and UConn. Sam Houston State tried to get Parker the week before signing.

Great recruiting year. Can your present staff develop the talent you have? That's not intended as a jab. Honest question based on recent history.

TheRevSFA
February 16th, 2017, 07:43 AM
Great recruiting year. Can your present staff develop the talent you have? That's not intended as a jab. Honest question based on recent history.

That is the million dollar question.

I might try to get out to Abilene to go see the new stadium.

Sammy94
February 16th, 2017, 08:18 AM
Sam Houston State tried to get Parker the week before signing.

Winning must not be a big deal to him.

Sammy94
February 16th, 2017, 08:21 AM
SHSU is loaded.

Sorry, maybe you guys should have scheduled SFA?

Sammy94
February 16th, 2017, 08:23 AM

They have always had the talent.

Daytripper
February 16th, 2017, 08:52 AM

Me too. Trying to decide if I want to go to Abilene or Conway this year.

FormerPokeCenter
February 16th, 2017, 09:59 AM
Abilene's bound to be easier on the eyes...

Catatonic
February 16th, 2017, 10:41 AM

Let me know if you come. Not sure what tailgating is going to be like yet but there will probably be something going on.

BEAR
February 16th, 2017, 10:58 AM

Go to Abilene. I don't see our DBs doing any different than last year. Either is likely a win anyway. Experience something new. Well, you could tailgate with me in Conway...but honestly go to Abilene and post pics here.

Sammy94
February 16th, 2017, 11:57 AM

Arkansas construction sucks. Its Abilene and PV for me, I will get to see both new stadiums.

Daytripper
February 16th, 2017, 12:05 PM
Arkansas construction sucks. Its Abilene and PV for me, I will get to see both new stadiums.

Good call. I might make the PV trip also.

Panther88
February 16th, 2017, 12:39 PM

Good call. I might make the PV trip also.

Bring your loan officer w/ you because they just went up on the price of game day tickets and "parking." xsmhx I think PV has the highest game day walk up ticket price of any D-I FCS school. (35$ pre-/37$ game day) The mission of the athl dept is to keep normal folks away from PV home football games.

Panther88
February 16th, 2017, 12:41 PM
Sorry, maybe you guys should have scheduled SFA?

Nah man. We wanted the local school w/ D-I FBS talent cloaked in a D-I FCS title. :D

Daytripper
February 16th, 2017, 01:28 PM
Bring your loan officer w/ you because they just went up on the price of game day tickets and "parking." xsmhx I think PV has the highest game day walk up ticket price of any D-I FCS school. (35$ pre-/37$ game day) The mission of the athl dept is to keep normal folks away from PV home football games.

Wow. That is shameful. Are student tix free? If not, how much?

BEAR
February 16th, 2017, 03:19 PM

I forgot all about that. Sad when you live in the middle of it for so long that you get used to it to the point its just part of everyday life.

Panther88
February 16th, 2017, 04:32 PM
Wow. That is shameful. Are student tix free? If not, how much?

Student tix are free. And you're right, it is god awfully shameful. xsmhx We have PV athl staffers who sincerely have no desire for longevity in their current roles. xreadx

SFA 93
February 16th, 2017, 10:15 PM
https://twitter.com/tyler_ferre/status/832435482801872897 Axe Games are on.

Daytripper
February 17th, 2017, 01:21 PM
https://twitter.com/tyler_ferre/status/832435482801872897 Axe Games are on.

Bath Salts are some bad ****...xrotatehx

LuckyKat
February 18th, 2017, 08:12 AM
Making All SHSU road games this year

Daytripper
February 18th, 2017, 09:15 AM
Making All SHSU road games this year

I'm jealous.

citdog
February 18th, 2017, 01:49 PM
Southland

https://media.timeout.com/images/103319854/image.jpg

SFA 93
February 18th, 2017, 01:59 PM
We're all heart!

Wildcat1997
February 19th, 2017, 03:59 PM
It's flattering people think ACU has the potential to be a playoff team this year even after we have been so bad the last couple of seasons. But I really don't think there is much of a chance of us making the playoffs this year. With players having to adjust to a new coaching staff and playing 2 FBS teams to start the season, I just don't see it. If we go 0-2 vs those FBS teams like I think we will, it would require us to be nearly perfect during conference play. Don't get me wrong, I fully expect this team to become a playoff contender before long, just not this year. I predict a 5 win season this year.

Wildcat1997
February 19th, 2017, 04:27 PM
My prediction for the standings are:

1. SHSU

2. UCA

3. SELA

4. McNeese

5. SFA

6. ACU

7. Nicholls

8. LU

9. HBU

10. UIW

11. NSU

Catatonic
February 20th, 2017, 07:06 AM
It's flattering people think ACU has the potential to be a playoff team this year even after we have been so bad the last couple of seasons. But I really don't think there is much of a chance of us making the playoffs this year. With players having to adjust to a new coaching staff and playing 2 FBS teams to start the season, I just don't see it. If we go 0-2 vs those FBS teams like I think we will, it would require us to be nearly perfect during conference play. Don't get me wrong, I fully expect this team to become a playoff contender before long, just not this year. I predict a 5 win season this year.

It is nice to see another ACU fan on here. Welcome. I mostly agree with your take on ACU this year. I see us being improved enough that we could sneak up on one of the top teams but at the end of the season we will wind up in the middle of the pack. This year.

Serpentor
February 21st, 2017, 12:07 PM
Where are the HBU fans? Surely one of the 1500 that average for the home crowd must have internet access...

Wildcat1997
February 23rd, 2017, 10:22 PM
ACU lands former Baylor RB Johnny Jefferson. He ran for over 1000 yards his Sophomore season and also ran for 299 in a bowl game against UNC. This is a huge pickup at a thin position.

Daytripper
February 24th, 2017, 07:44 AM
ACU lands former Baylor RB Johnny Jefferson. He ran for over 1000 yards his Sophomore season and also ran for 299 in a bowl game against UNC. This is a huge pickup at a thin position.

He immediately becomes one of the top 3 RBs in the conference. Great pick up.

Sammy94
February 24th, 2017, 09:27 AM
He immediately becomes one of the top 3 RBs in the conference. Great pick up.

If his head is on straight. He didn't play last year because of "personal issues".

BEAR
February 24th, 2017, 09:39 AM
ABILENE, Texas *– Abilene Christian University Athletics announced Wednesday that it has partnered with Daktronics to bring a state-of-the-art LED video scoreboard to Anthony Field at Wildcat Stadium.

The board will be one of the largest in Division I Football Championship Subdivision (FCS) athletics. ACU's board will measure 25 feet high by 64 feet wide for a total of 1,600 square feet. That board will be the fourth-largest on-campus video board in FCS football behind only Stephen F. Austin, Northern Iowa and Sam Houston State.

-See Conference News feeds

Panther88
February 24th, 2017, 09:55 AM
If his head is on straight. He didn't play last year because of "personal issues".

It's painfully obvious that he has a serious mental dysfunction. xsmhx

Daytripper
February 24th, 2017, 10:25 AM
It's painfully obvious that he has a serious mental dysfunction. xsmhx

As long as he wasn't one of the Baylor rapists or a woman beater...

Daytripper
February 24th, 2017, 10:28 AM
-See Conference News feeds

That board was paid for by a single donation. That kind of financial support for ACU is why they will be an FCS power in the near future.

BEAR
February 24th, 2017, 10:32 AM
That board was paid for by a single donation. That kind of financial support for ACU is why they will be an FCS power in the near future.

Very true. I knew when ACU came in the conference they would be a plus strengthening the conference. Look at the women's basketball team. Sure most of the sports have some catching up to do but the potential is very strong and donors like this are amazing for that school.

Panther88
February 24th, 2017, 10:36 AM
As long as he wasn't one of the Baylor rapists or a woman beater...

I thought that was one of the provisions for those kids accepting athletic scholarships @ baylor was to be an eventual rapist of females and female beater. xconfusedx

Daytripper
February 24th, 2017, 11:24 AM
Very true. I knew when ACU came in the conference they would be a plus strengthening the conference. Look at the women's basketball team. Sure most of the sports have some catching up to do but the potential is very strong and donors like this are amazing for that school.

And it is great for the Southland Conference.

Wildcat1997
February 24th, 2017, 11:39 AM
I'm pretty sure ACU has by far the biggest endowment in the Southland at $380 million.

Daytripper
February 24th, 2017, 12:04 PM
I'm pretty sure ACU has by far the biggest endowment in the Southland at $380 million.

I agree. Although I'm not sure what UIW's is. Being a private U, it might be pretty substantial.

BEAR
February 24th, 2017, 12:16 PM

Incarnate Word 120 million+
Lamar 106.8 million
SHSU 97 million
McNeese 75 million
SFA 71.3 million
UNO 56.7 million
UCA 48.6 million
Southeastern 34.22 million
Nicholls State 8.5 million
HBU???
NWST???
Texas A&M CC???

Happily with our new administration making an all out effort to raise the endowment we are looking at it going up appx. $8-10 million a year.

Wildcat1997
February 24th, 2017, 12:16 PM
I agree. Although I'm not sure what UIW's is. Being a private U, it might be pretty substantial.
$125 million from what I could find. Which is pretty substantial.

BEAR
February 24th, 2017, 12:53 PM
If UCA would quit buying land and property around the campus the freakin' thing would go up substantially. xcoffeex

Add to that those freakin' greek villages they keep building that cost $15 million each and money is being spent on ONE social group while regular dorms go unfixed for years.

Catatonic
February 24th, 2017, 01:00 PM

As long as he wasn't one of the Baylor rapists or a woman beater..

He started taking prescription meds after being pretty badly banged up in a car accident and developed an addiction problem. He took time off last year to enter a treatment program in Pennsylvania. He has been rather open about his battle with addiction. Hopefully he has the problem under control.

There is no record of his involvement in Baylor's rape culture.

Daytripper
February 24th, 2017, 02:23 PM
Incarnate Word 120 million+
Lamar 106.8 million
SHSU 97 million
McNeese 75 million
SFA 71.3 million
UNO 56.7 million
UCA 48.6 million
Southeastern 34.22 million
Nicholls State 8.5 million
HBU???
NWST???
Texas A&M CC???

Happily with our new administration making an all out effort to raise the endowment we are looking at it going up appx. $8-10 million a year.

Good new for you guys, then.

I didn't realize SHSU had that much.

BEAR
February 24th, 2017, 03:43 PM
Good new for you guys, then.

I didn't realize SHSU had that much.

Does Lamar get that much from their industry down there?

BEAR
February 24th, 2017, 03:55 PM
Endowments at other schools in the FCS:

YALE: 25.41 BILLION
Harvard: 35.7 BILLION
NDSU: 138 million (football beasts)
North Dakota: 230 million
James Madison: 80 million
Eastern Washington: 52 million
Villanova: 552 million
Coastal Carolina: 25 million (baseball beasts)
Howard: 659 million
Prairie View: 69 million

Nickels
February 24th, 2017, 07:46 PM

Yes. They also have some big pocketed alumni.

citdog
February 24th, 2017, 07:52 PM

The Citadel has 1900 Cadets and a 245 million endowment.

Daytripper
February 24th, 2017, 10:43 PM

Not the Southland, but okay.

KPSUL
February 25th, 2017, 08:53 AM

I realize Furman sucks, but their endowment is 593 million

cx500d
February 25th, 2017, 10:44 AM

zing!

citdog
February 25th, 2017, 12:03 PM

They do. The Jesus business was GREAT for them for a LONG TIME.

Panther88
February 25th, 2017, 08:54 PM

PV, decades upon decades of funded inequity vs the "others," intentional state sabotage, & still enduring. We will continue to right our ship and "make PV great again." :D

Catatonic
February 26th, 2017, 06:10 AM
PV, decades upon decades of funded inequity vs the "others," intentional state sabotage, & still enduring. We will continue to right our ship and "make PV great again." :D

At least you are not Coastal Carolina. Have you officially notified Harvard and Yale that you will soon be surpassing their endowment or do you plan to just sneak up on them?

Panther88
February 26th, 2017, 07:57 AM
At least you are not Coastal Carolina. Have you officially notified Harvard and Yale that you will soon be surpassing their endowment or do you plan to just sneak up on them?

We have newly installed billboards in htown, the df-dove, & directly across the east side of ut-austin's main campus detailing our pending take-over :D .

McNeese75
February 26th, 2017, 01:29 PM

Plaintiff attorneys involved in tobacco litigation, etc wrote some big checks.

Wildcat1997
February 28th, 2017, 10:36 AM
I've been wondering why the Southland doesn't want to add one more football playing member to bring up the conference to 14 total and 10 in football. Texas A&M Commerce and WT A&M or even Tarleton would all be good options. It doesn't even have to be a Texas team it could be an Oklahoma, Louisiana, Arkansas or even a New Mexico team. I just hate the Conference having odd numbers. It just makes more sense for it to be even.

McNeese75
February 28th, 2017, 10:56 AM
I've been wondering why the Southland doesn't want to add one more football playing member to bring up the conference to 14 total and 10 in football. Texas A&M Commerce and WT A&M or even Tarleton would all be good options. It doesn't even have to be a Texas team it could be an Oklahoma, Louisiana, Arkansas or even a New Mexico team. I just hate the Conference having odd numbers. It just makes more sense for it to be even.

Common sense does not apply when it comes to the Southland Conference.

FormerPokeCenter
February 28th, 2017, 11:03 AM

Landing a former Baylor football player should appease the feminists on campus...

FormerPokeCenter
February 28th, 2017, 11:08 AM

The only Louisiana team that could conceivably move to the Soutland would be Louisiana College, in Pineville. But, they're DIII and don't have the facilities...or the interest.

I'm not sure who'd be available in Arkansas....maybe South Arkansas University, but they'd have to change their colors and logo ;)

http://www.muleriderathletics.com/images/responsive/main_logo.png

Wildcat1997
February 28th, 2017, 11:14 AM
Common sense does not apply when it comes to the Southland Conference.
LOL good point.

Wildcat1997
February 28th, 2017, 11:17 AM
The only Louisiana team that could conceivably move to the Soutland would be Louisiana College, in Pineville. But, they're DIII and don't have the facilities...or the interest.

I'm not sure who'd be available in Arkansas....maybe South Arkansas University, but they'd have to change their colors and logo ;)

Really the only states that have schools that could conceivably move up would be definitely Texas and maybe Oklahoma and New Mexico.

Wildcat1997
February 28th, 2017, 11:18 AM
Landing a former Baylor football player should appease the feminists on campus...
Well to be fair he wasn't involved at all. There aren't many feminists at ACU anyways.

Wildcat1997
February 28th, 2017, 11:26 AM
I would just like to selfishly see one of our old LSC rivals make the jump. Personally I think Commerce would be the best prepared and they seem to be the ones that have shown the most interest in moving up along with WT A&M.

FormerPokeCenter
February 28th, 2017, 11:27 AM
I wanna see TAMU-K and TAMU-CC merge and field a Southland Team....I'd love to see the Javelinas in the SLC...

Wildcat1997
February 28th, 2017, 11:45 AM
I wanna see TAMU-K and TAMU-CC merge and field a Southland Team....I'd love to see the Javelinas in the SLC...I would like to see them too but we would still only have 13 members but it would get us 10 football members assuming TAMU-K moves their team to D1.

Catatonic
February 28th, 2017, 11:54 AM
I would like to see them too but we would still only have 13 members but it would get us 10 football members assuming TAMU-K moves their team to D1.

We play a 9 game schedule but we already have 11 football members.

Wildcat1997
February 28th, 2017, 12:08 PM
We play a 9 game schedule but we already have 11 football members.
You're right. For some reason I was thinking we only had 9 football playing members. If it were up to me we would play every conference team once and 1 OOC game a year so we can actually play a 12 game schedule.

FormerPokeCenter
February 28th, 2017, 01:39 PM
I'd love to see the conference expand into an eastern and western division, with six game conference schedules, plus a championship game, plus four OOC games...

Either that or split some of the teams off into an affiliated, but separate, perhaps Div II conference..

No offense intended to any of the teams currently in the SLC, but the Nicholls Budget makes them a likely candidate for Division II...and then there's HBU, who's not quite ready for primetime....perhaps encourage UNO to take their club team to Division II, Encourage TAMU to join the SLC and then you'd need a couple of others....Lamar, maybe...perhaps even Northwestern, given their stagnancy of late. I really wanna see Northwestern come back to prominence, though...so..that's a hard one...

Anyway...just scattershot riffing...

BEAR
February 28th, 2017, 03:18 PM

Man Arkansas schools have no money. We're Louisiana-north.

By the way, who had the logo first?

http://tse2.mm.bing.net/th?id=OIP.HMKoFQ6KepiCDf6gQkPOFwC9Es&w=135&h=160&c=7&qlt=90&o=4&pid=1.7

Catatonic
February 28th, 2017, 03:34 PM
Central Oklahoma would be a good move up candidate if no schools from Arkansas are able to move up. Or the schools from Texas previously mentioned.

I like the idea of adding a couple of teams and playing a divisional schedule with with a play off game and still allowing room for 3 OOC games.

McNeese75
February 28th, 2017, 05:33 PM

http://tse2.mm.bing.net/th?id=OIP.HMKoFQ6KepiCDf6gQkPOFwC9Es&w=135&h=160&c=7&qlt=90&o=4&pid=1.7

Don't matter, them donkey riders gotta change :D

pokefan02
March 1st, 2017, 08:11 PM
That is not the McNeese logo

Sent from my SM-G930P using Tapatalk

Wildcat1997
March 3rd, 2017, 03:48 PM
It appears that some ACU players are having trouble adjusting to Dorrel's disciplined style. Dorrel himself said that 85% of the team had bought in but 15% still weren't. And recently some players were supposedly suspended for skipping class and bad grades. If this keeps up look for them to definitely be gone from the team.

Daytripper
March 4th, 2017, 09:17 AM
It appears that some ACU players are having trouble adjusting to Dorrel's disciplined style. Dorrel himself said that 85% of the team had bought in but 15% still weren't. And recently some players were supposedly suspended for skipping class and bad grades. If this keeps up look for them to definitely be gone from the team.

A new coach has to come in and clean out the those who don't buy in. A few bad apples can poison an entire locker room. I have no doubt that Dorrel will make it work.

McNeese72
March 6th, 2017, 09:04 AM

Wyoming, that's why we no longer have it. I'm surprised they haven't gotten on the Arkansas team for their logo even if it is a mule. It would probably be too similar to them.

Doc

cx500d
March 7th, 2017, 08:01 PM
Wyoming, that's why we no longer have it. I'm surprised they haven't gotten on the Arkansas team for their logo even if it is a mule. It would probably be too similar to them.

Doc

Oh yeah, its pretty close to the same. They trademarked that years ago. I'm surprised it just now caught up.

http://www.anygivensaturday.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=24729&stc=1

LuckyKat
March 9th, 2017, 08:38 AM
I look for ACU to make Big Jump this year

Daytripper
March 9th, 2017, 08:50 AM
I look for ACU to make Big Jump this year

I've been saying that, as well. They have always had pretty good talent and now they have a legit coach. The new on-campus stadium will be a boon for recruiting. They will compete for conference championships and playoff appearances within the next 3-4 years.

Catatonic
March 9th, 2017, 01:54 PM
I've been saying that, as well. They have always had pretty good talent and now they have a legit coach. The new on-campus stadium will be a boon for recruiting. They will compete for conference championships and playoff appearances within the next 3-4 years.

I agree with this. It is too soon to say about making a big jump THIS year though. We don't have enough depth. The staff is looking for a few FBS move downs this spring to fill the holes in our line up. If they are successful, we might make a move earlier rather than later. For now the safe bet is watch out in 3 years.

McNeese72
March 11th, 2017, 09:05 PM
Oh yeah, its pretty close to the same. They trademarked that years ago. I'm surprised it just now caught up.

http://www.anygivensaturday.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=24729&stc=1

What do you mean "just now caught up"? We changed logos way back in 2003. That was about 14 years ago.

Doc

Wildcat1997
March 13th, 2017, 05:53 PM
ACU has offered Breylin Mitchell. He was a 2015 3* DE and played at TCU. But the kicker is he was arrested after committing a gas station robbery and punching a female employee. He has immense talent but the question is does he have the attitude? The good news is ACU has a good history with troubled players and Dorrel will not allow him to become a problem.

Daytripper
March 13th, 2017, 08:22 PM
ACU has offered Breylin Mitchell. He was a 2015 3* DE and played at TCU. But the kicker is he was arrested after committing a gas station robbery and punching a female employee. He has immense talent but the question is does he have the attitude? The good news is ACU has a good history with troubled players and Dorrel will not allow him to become a problem.

I believe in second chances. But this guy sounds like a bad dude. Hope he works out, but....

Catatonic
March 13th, 2017, 08:35 PM
I believe in second chances. But this guy sounds like a bad dude. Hope he works out, but....

My thoughts exactly. I will defer to the coaches but.....

Wildcat1997
March 13th, 2017, 09:16 PM
Just disregard everything I said. One of the coaches sent me a message and said that he hasn't been offered and he doesn't know why he said that he did.

Serpentor
March 14th, 2017, 11:46 AM
Just disregard everything I said. One of the coaches sent me a message and said that he hasn't been offered and he doesn't know why he said that he did.

Might be shopping his talents around and lying about schools offering him a position to pressure other schools to pick him up. Probably figured Abilene Christian was a small enough school nobody would look into it.

Catatonic
March 14th, 2017, 01:52 PM
Might be shopping his talents around and lying about schools offering him a position to pressure other schools to pick him up. Probably figured Abilene Christian was a small enough school nobody would look into it.

This is the second time a former P5 player has claimed an offer from ACU that he did not have in the past month.

BEAR
March 14th, 2017, 03:43 PM
This is the second time a former P5 player has claimed an offer from ACU that he did not have in the past month.

WHAT??! Now I'm beginning to wonder about your coaching staff. I know your former coach wasn't successful in your transition but this is looking kinda suspicious. xlolx

Daytripper
March 20th, 2017, 04:02 PM
Spring Practice

http://www.gobearkats.com/ViewArticle.dbml?DB_OEM_ID=19900&ATCLID=211528500

HUNTSVILLE – For the Sam Houston State Bearkats, the 2017 season cannot get here soon enough. But in the meantime, the defending Southland Conference champions are getting back to work after kicking off spring drills at Bowers Stadium.
“We are really pleased with the day-to-day effort, intensity and pace of the way practice has gone,” head coach K.C. Keeler said. “It’s really been impressive. It’s been a physical first five days, which is one of the reasons we broke it up the way we broke it up. We can get a little time off for Spring Break and then get back after it.”

Sammy94
March 21st, 2017, 07:58 AM
Spring Practice

HUNTSVILLE – For the Sam Houston State Bearkats, the 2017 season cannot get here soon enough. But in the meantime, the defending Southland Conference champions are getting back to work after kicking off spring drills at Bowers Stadium.
“We are really pleased with the day-to-day effort, intensity and pace of the way practice has gone,” head coach K.C. Keeler said. “It’s really been impressive. It’s been a physical first five days, which is one of the reasons we broke it up the way we broke it up. We can get a little time off for Spring Break and then get back after it.”

xchinscratchxxchinscratchx
We haven’t been able to block P.J.,” Keeler said. “He’s been a level above where he even was last year. I think Derick Roberson (http://www.gobearkats.com/ViewArticle.dbml?&ATCLID=211220015&DB_OEM_ID=19900) and Marcus Loud (http://www.gobearkats.com/ViewArticle.dbml?&ATCLID=211169592&DB_OEM_ID=19900) have had a really strong first five days. I really like what I’ve seen from several of the transfers, including Sekou Clark and Craig Williams Jr., who I expect to both make an impact for us next year.”

BEAR
March 21st, 2017, 08:45 AM
What is this????? You are selling tickets already? WTF? Our Admins wouldn't have a FREAKIN CLUE about how to hype a program like that. Or to sell tailgate spots to people who had them last year and probably want them again. Shame. Just a shame.

FOOTBALL

2017 Football season tickets now on sale (http://www.gobearkats.com/ViewArticle.dbml?SPSID=92955&SPID=11345&DB_LANG=C&ATCLID=211518713&DB_OEM_ID=19900)

Season tickets for the upcoming season of Bearkat Football are now on sale and all 2016 season ticket holders receive first priority to renew their same seat.... (http://www.gobearkats.com/ViewArticle.dbml?SPSID=92955&SPID=11345&DB_LANG=C&ATCLID=211518713&DB_OEM_ID=19900)

Daytripper
March 21st, 2017, 01:51 PM
Clayton Carlin new Bearkat D-Coordinator.

http://www.gobearkats.com/ViewArticle.dbml?DB_OEM_ID=19900&ATCLID=211528590

HUNTSVILLE – Sam Houston State head football coach K.C. Keeler has announced the promotion of Clayton Carlin (http://www.gobearkats.com/ViewArticle.dbml?&ATCLID=211100148&DB_OEM_ID=19900) to defensive coordinator for the upcoming 2017 season.
Carlin joined the Bearkats in 2016 as defensive backs coach and replaces Brad Sherrod (http://www.gobearkats.com/ViewArticle.dbml?&ATCLID=209403009&DB_OEM_ID=19900) as the head man on defense after Sherrod accepted a position on staff at Wake Forest earlier this spring.
The position will be nothing new for Carlin as he spent four seasons at Coastal Carolina serving as defensive coordinator, prior to joining the Bearkats and has also ran defenses at Bucknell and Cornell.
“I’ve known Clayton for probably about 30 years,” head coach K.C. Keeler said. “He has worked my camps and he’s a terrific football coach and a better person. He’s got a great way with the way he coaches the kids and a very simple approach to coaching defense.”

Daytripper
March 21st, 2017, 02:03 PM
What is this????? You are selling tickets already? WTF? Our Admins wouldn't have a FREAKIN CLUE about how to hype a program like that. Or to sell tailgate spots to people who had them last year and probably want them again. Shame. Just a shame.

Our AD has been pretty good about promoting season tickets in a timely manner. I think his philosophy is to do it fairly quickly after recruiting ends and around the time of spring practice. There is a little bit of off-season excitement around here during this time and it might spur a new season ticket holder or two. They also have payment plans for season tickets. I'm not sure how common that is but I know I take advantage of it.

Wildcat1997
March 24th, 2017, 03:37 PM
Texas Tech and ACU will play each other in 2024 and 2026. I'm sure there are elementary students very excited about this news.

BEAR
March 29th, 2017, 08:49 AM
Any words about our spring practices? Anybody go to any?

Daytripper
March 29th, 2017, 03:37 PM
Any words about our spring practices? Anybody go to any?

I didn't get to go, but I posted this earlier in this thread...

McNeese75
March 29th, 2017, 07:25 PM
Our local newspaper beat writer left for the Anniston Star to cover Alabama a week or so ago. It's crickets around here for the Cowboys (all sports)

BEAR
March 30th, 2017, 08:15 AM
Our local newspaper beat writer left for the Anniston Star to cover Alabama a week or so ago. It's crickets around here for the Cowboys (all sports)

Funny you said that. I went to our statewide paper to look for new articles and videos covering the Bears...because our statewide paper which I refuse to name, is soooooooooooo well known for covering "sports".....so well known.....so well.....so.... here's what I got.

http://www.anygivensaturday.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=24802&stc=1

So apparently UCA is still playing Henderson State and Conque is still our coach. Oh, and we've got a new turf on our field. xeyebrowx xsmhx

Catatonic
March 30th, 2017, 08:21 AM
Funny you said that. I went to our statewide paper to look for new articles and videos covering the Bears...because our statewide paper which I refuse to name, is soooooooooooo well known for covering "sports".....so well known.....so well.....so.... here's what I got.

http://www.anygivensaturday.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=24802&stc=1

So apparently UCA is still playing Henderson State and Conque is still our coach. Oh, and we've got a new turf on our field. xeyebrowx xsmhx

Are you talking about the state wide newspaper that shares a name with a certain minority political party?

BEAR
March 30th, 2017, 08:47 AM
Are you talking about the state wide newspaper that shares a name with a certain minority political party?

Yep. You're half right. xlolx It's pathetic when a pig in northwest Arkansas can sneeze and reporters race up there while ours win division I conference championships...well, it's silent.

BEAR
March 31st, 2017, 10:24 AM
Hey REV.... you coming up to Conway this year?

Daytripper
March 31st, 2017, 12:56 PM
Yep. You're half right. xlolx It's pathetic when a pig in northwest Arkansas can sneeze and reporters race up there while ours win division I conference championships...well, it's silent.

Sam has the same problem. We are about 65 miles from Houston, but the local newspaper only covers UH, Rice, UT and TAMU. We might get an occasional small blurb if we make the playoffs. And they did cover us during our natty appearances, but only the day before. TV news actually does a better job for us than the paper.

SFA 93
March 31st, 2017, 01:31 PM
All I need for my sports coverage.

https://sfasawmill.com/
https://pbs.twimg.com/profile_images/773974443915743232/UtYVGzJ5.jpg

SFA 93
March 31st, 2017, 01:44 PM
Pro Day Results

Looks like our best NFL prospects are

QB/TE: Zach Conque 6-6; 232 Little Rock, Arkansas (Catholic/UTSA) 4.56 spd. 36.5 vertical (Trevor Knight was 4.54 from the NFL combine with a 35.5 vertical)

GP:35;ATT:1,067;COMP:611;PCT:.57;YDS:6,867;TD:46;I NT:24;R:405;YDS:1,602;TD:34
TYDS:8,476;TD:81 (1 REC)

- 3X All-SLC

School Records
- 2nd in Career Rushing TDS (34)
- 3rd in TDS (81)
- 3rd in Career Pass Completions (611)
- 4th in Career Passing Yards (6,867)
- 4th in Career Total Yards (8,476)
- 6th in Career Passing TDS (46)
- 8th in Career Scoring (214)
- 14th in Career Rushing (1,602) <1st among QBS>

WR: Justice Liggins 6-1; 205 Tyler, Texas (John Tyler) 4.37 spd. 39 in vertical
GP:36;REC:102;YDS:1,166;TD:8

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Guba1rcZbkw

DB: Germod Williams 5-9; 180 Shreveport, Louisiana (Oak Ridge/Texas State) 4.4 spd.
G:39;TKL:91;TFL:2.5;FF:2;FR:1;PD:9;INT:6

Daytripper
April 1st, 2017, 12:04 PM
All I need for my sports coverage.

https://sfasawmill.com/
https://pbs.twimg.com/profile_images/773974443915743232/UtYVGzJ5.jpg

That's all good. And it is a good site. But generally only die-hard fans read school specific sites. It's the newspapers and television that help expand the brand. The Sawmill won't put new fans in the seats or get a recruit thinking about SFA.

SFA 93
April 2nd, 2017, 06:25 AM
It can't hurt either if say a recruit or fan wanted to learn more, or to see more about SFA athletics. The Sawmill now gives them a place to go to, unlike many other programs our size.

The Sawmill just started and is a professionally formatted outlet, not school owned, that will grow in time with its podcasts and live streaming sporting events.

Isaac Niedrauer and his staff have done a tremendous job in getting this thing off the ground and we as a fan base are lucky to have such a resource.

Isaac came to SFA because he wanted to start covering a sports program that had passionate fans.

Yes, it takes all kinds of exposure to generate new fans and recruits and with the school website, basketball program, ESPN3 coverage, and now the Sawmill, the Lumberjack brand has high hopes in continuing to grow and expand.

McNeese72
April 3rd, 2017, 09:20 AM
McNeese's First Scrimmage of the Spring Report: The defense smoked the offense.

Conclusion: Either our defense is very, very good or our offense is very, very bad.

Qualifier: It is just one controlled scrimmage and it really doesn't mean squat.

Doc

TheRevSFA
April 3rd, 2017, 09:27 AM
That's all good. And it is a good site. But generally only die-hard fans read school specific sites. It's the newspapers and television that help expand the brand. The Sawmill won't put new fans in the seats or get a recruit thinking about SFA.

The Sawmill has a great partnership with the AD and with ESPN...I imagine Issac is going to take it much further than just a fan site.

TheRevSFA
April 3rd, 2017, 09:28 AM
Hey REV.... you coming up to Conway this year?

I'll know closer to time. I'm really hoping to.

Daytripper
April 3rd, 2017, 09:46 AM
The Sawmill has a great partnership with the AD and with ESPN...I imagine Issac is going to take it much further than just a fan site.

What an amazing concept.....the AD partnering with a fan site. We wouldn't know how that works.

FormerPokeCenter
April 3rd, 2017, 11:44 AM
Pro Day Results

Looks like our best NFL prospects are

QB/TE: Zach Conque 6-6; 232 Little Rock, Arkansas (Catholic/UTSA) 4.56 spd. 36.5 vertical (Trevor Knight was 4.54 from the NFL combine with a 35.5 vertical)

GP:35;ATT:1,067;COMP:611;PCT:.57;YDS:6,867;TD:46;I NT:24;R:405;YDS:1,602;TD:34
TYDS:8,476;TD:81 (1 REC)

- 3X All-SLC

School Records
- 2nd in Career Rushing TDS (34)
- 3rd in TDS (81)
- 3rd in Career Pass Completions (611)
- 4th in Career Passing Yards (6,867)
- 4th in Career Total Yards (8,476)
- 6th in Career Passing TDS (46)
- 8th in Career Scoring (214)
- 14th in Career Rushing (1,602) <1st among QBS>

WR: Justice Liggins 6-1; 205 Tyler, Texas (John Tyler) 4.37 spd. 39 in vertical
GP:36;REC:102;YDS:1,166;TD:8

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Guba1rcZbkw

DB: Germod Williams 5-9; 180 Shreveport, Louisiana (Oak Ridge/Texas State) 4.4 spd.
G:39;TKL:91;TFL:2.5;FF:2;FR:1;PD:9;INT:6

The metrics at the Combine are all meticulously documented, electronically timed and video'd from every conceivable angle.

Generally, "Pro Day" at a small school isn't as stringently documented. The timing's not going to be as intrinsically accurate as it is at the combine.

I wouldn't put much stock in that 40 time...

Having seen him play, I'm not sure he's a legitimate 4.5 guy. He's got nice wheels, but I don't think he's in that league...

TheRevSFA
April 3rd, 2017, 11:59 AM
The metrics at the Combine are all meticulously documented, electronically timed and video'd from every conceivable angle.

Generally, "Pro Day" at a small school isn't as stringently documented. The timing's not going to be as intrinsically accurate as it is at the combine.

I wouldn't put much stock in that 40 time...

Having seen him play, I'm not sure he's a legitimate 4.5 guy. He's got nice wheels, but I don't think he's in that league...

They had 30 mph winds out of the south that day.....

FormerPokeCenter
April 3rd, 2017, 12:45 PM
LOL....hell, under those conditions I could still run 4.5...

Daytripper
April 3rd, 2017, 12:48 PM

With that kind of tail wind I would have to roll to a 4.5...like a tumbleweed.

Sammy94
April 3rd, 2017, 04:51 PM

Hell it takes me 4.5 to get up off my couch.

SFA 93
April 3rd, 2017, 04:56 PM
http://www.anygivensaturday.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=24820&stc=1http://www.anygivensaturday.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=24821&stc=1

McNeese75
April 3rd, 2017, 08:20 PM
Well I sure wish Conque the All Star QB would have played the entire game against McNeese last year xnodx

BEAR
April 3rd, 2017, 08:40 PM
Well I sure wish Conque the All Star QB would have played the entire game against McNeese last year xnodx

I thought the kid could take a hit. xthumbsupx

McNeese72
April 3rd, 2017, 08:53 PM
Hey guys, we all know that SFA93 is a hype machine from all his posting in the past. ;)

Doc

TheRevSFA
April 4th, 2017, 10:10 AM
Yeah Conque isn't an NFL QB...He's not an NFL anything.

You're looking at the next Quarterback of the Montreal Alouettes.

FormerPokeCenter
April 4th, 2017, 12:50 PM
I'm not knocking the kid...I just don't think he's a 4.5....not considering that his hype video in HS had him listed as a 4.7, which probably translates into 4.8-4.9...

I could believe that he's a legitimate low 4.7, high 4.6 now, after maturing and getting stronger...

Sammy94
April 4th, 2017, 02:46 PM
Yeah Conque isn't an NFL QB...He's not an NFL anything.

You're looking at the next Quarterback Coach of the SFA Lumberjacks.

I fixed it for you to his most likely outcome.

TheRevSFA
April 4th, 2017, 03:34 PM
I fixed it for you to his most likely outcome.

God I hope not.

Well, we had former QBs go coach at Sam..maybe he'll take the TW route

SFA 93
April 4th, 2017, 03:59 PM
Conque will now participate in the Baylor pro day.

citdog
April 4th, 2017, 04:05 PM
the Baylor pro day.

Hide your kids. Hide your wife...

FormerPokeCenter
April 4th, 2017, 05:37 PM
Ain't nobody got time for dat!

SFA 93
April 5th, 2017, 02:23 PM
Zach had a great day in Waco.

Got called back by several NFL scouts who wanted to interview him.

Stock is rising at the TE position.

BEAR
April 5th, 2017, 02:52 PM
Zach had a great day in Waco.

Got called back by several NFL scouts who wanted to interview him.

Stock is rising at the TE position.

I'm happy for him. Watching him grow up here from a little kid to a grown man his game progressed right in front of my eyes. Of course he had it tough at SFA recently but give him some decent coverage protections and he's a pretty good QB IMO. But then I'm biased knowing him I guess. He had pretty good teachers in Conway with Nathan Brown and the other QBs on the practice fields. Will he make the NFL. No idea. But he is talented for sure.

Panther88
April 5th, 2017, 04:45 PM
Hide your kids. Hide your wife...

1 demerit. lol xlolx Ouch. xlolx

BEAR
April 6th, 2017, 09:56 AM
Alright, I'm making one out of conference road trip this year and my choices are:

Kansas State

Murray State

Which one would you go to?

I suspect Kansas State will be a paycheck game and Murray State is winnable.

Kansas, where I have lived, is flat from what I remember.

Murray State has horses etc...

TheRevSFA
April 6th, 2017, 12:08 PM
Alright, I'm making one out of conference road trip this year and my choices are:

Kansas State

Murray State

Manhattan is a ****hole.

McNeese72
April 6th, 2017, 01:11 PM

Kansas State

Murray State

We did the Kansas St thing back in 2003. Wasn't impressed by the city nor the stadium. Can't say anything about Murray St. though, because I haven't been there.

Doc

BEAR
April 6th, 2017, 01:25 PM
Is this their stadium?

http://farm4.staticflickr.com/3159/2569104869_2a05e64bd9_z.jpg

McNeese75
April 6th, 2017, 10:33 PM
Manhattan is a ****hole.

THIS xnodx

Daytripper
April 7th, 2017, 01:13 PM
Bearkats have their Orange-White scrimmage tonight. Hope they look good and come out healthy.

http://www.gobearkats.com/ViewArticle.dbml?SPSID=92955&SPID=11345&DB_LANG=C&ATCLID=211549027&DB_OEM_ID=19900

SFA 93
April 7th, 2017, 01:52 PM
SFA has their second scrimmage of the spring tomorrow at Carthage High.

in other news Zach Conque has been contacted by the Houston Texans for a private workout and interview.

Panther88
April 8th, 2017, 08:32 AM
Bearkats have their Orange-White scrimmage tonight. Hope they look good and come out healthy.

http://www.gobearkats.com/ViewArticle.dbml?SPSID=92955&SPID=11345&DB_LANG=C&ATCLID=211549027&DB_OEM_ID=19900

Impressive from top to bottom, trip. Former qb RhettB was an impressive leader and I do believe Mr Briscoe is in that same lineage. Accurate as all get out and definitely has touch to go along w/ that cannon of an arm w/ great decision making. Double teams will forever be required for PJ Hall lol. He is amazing, even at quarter speed lol.

Who is the lefty 2nd str qb???????? Man... Instant starter on another squad. xsmhx

FormerPokeCenter
April 8th, 2017, 09:29 AM
SFA has their second scrimmage of the spring tomorrow at Carthage High.

in other news Zach Conque has been contacted by the Houston Texans for a private workout and interview.

I didn't realize the Texans were hurting at Tight End?

BEAR
April 8th, 2017, 09:42 AM
https://youtu.be/JNqf3FcOQkU

cx500d
April 8th, 2017, 01:10 PM
No, You can get a good look at the atmosphere and stadium here:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ErTd8zQe5rM

Temp was > 100F, high humidity. Perfect Football weather.

Is this their stadium?

http://farm4.staticflickr.com/3159/2569104869_2a05e64bd9_z.jpg

cx500d
April 8th, 2017, 02:21 PM
88:

Her's Bomar going against a new FCS team while they were still ineligible for the playoffs.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oJRYS1PNFaY

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oTx__3AIusw

Impressive from top to bottom, trip. Former qb RhettB was an impressive leader and I do believe Mr Briscoe is in that same lineage. Accurate as all get out and definitely has touch to go along w/ that cannon of an arm w/ great decision making. Double teams will forever be required for PJ Hall lol. He is amazing, even at quarter speed lol.

Who is the lefty 2nd str qb???????? Man... Instant starter on another squad. xsmhx

Daytripper
April 8th, 2017, 04:24 PM

Caleb Griffin. Sophomore.. He's much more athletic than Briscoe and will bring a whole new dimension to the offense next year.

Panther88
April 9th, 2017, 06:40 AM
Caleb Griffin. Sophomore.. He's much more athletic than Briscoe and will bring a whole new dimension to the offense next year.
OMG, a soph??????? xsmhx His arm strength is amazing to watch.

Also, congrats on the JWebb lotto. He's very talented and physically gifted.

BEAR
April 12th, 2017, 09:06 AM
Alright...who went to their Spring game?

Anyone else unimpressed? Impressed? Not sure?

Saw a TON of recruits at the UCA spring game. Rising high school juniors too. What a difference in body size between a junior and a senior! Geez.

Carlos Blackman is a beast. I hope we use him this year. What a waste to have the kid on the bench as much as we did last year.

Here's coach talking about the spring game. He said we needed to improve and he's right. But we don't have the nearly 30 recruits on campus yet so no biggie. It's that way for many teams I'm sure. But check out Carlos' run. He must have gotten 100 yards that game. He's #23.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KAwBRb2jhbM

Daytripper
April 12th, 2017, 10:10 AM

Anyone else unimpressed? Impressed? Not sure?

Saw a TON of recruits at the UCA spring game. Rising high school juniors too. What a difference in body size between a junior and a senior! Geez.

Carlos Blackman is a beast. I hope we use him this year. What a waste to have the kid on the bench as much as we did last year.

Here's coach talking about the spring game. He said we needed to improve and he's right. But we don't have the nearly 30 recruits on campus yet so no biggie. It's that way for many teams I'm sure. But check out Carlos' run. He must have gotten 100 yards that game. He's #23.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KAwBRb2jhbM

You guys have a keeper for a coach. Hope you can keep him. We need as many good teams in the Southland as we can get. Hopefully, McNeese, Nicholls, SELA and SFA (??) will be legit next year also.

Wildcat1997
April 12th, 2017, 02:28 PM
Here is recap of ACU's game https://youtu.be/71HaRCg3gGg

BEAR
April 12th, 2017, 02:44 PM
You guys have a keeper for a coach. Hope you can keep him. We need as many good teams in the Southland as we can get. Hopefully, McNeese, Nicholls, SELA and SFA (??) will be legit next year also.

He's been coaching for a while. I see him retiring after 2022 or moving to a better paying job like Clamp Crank did. IMO.

Sammy94
April 12th, 2017, 02:55 PM

Offense is still potent, TE is more involved and a bit more running plays mixed in. Looks like PJ Hall will have a new position at d tackle. Defensive line looks tremendous. Secondary is still suspect. I really hope those DB recruits can come in and change that.

BEAR
April 12th, 2017, 04:27 PM
Offense is still potent, TE is more involved and a bit more running plays mixed in. Looks like PJ Hall will have a new position at d tackle. Defensive line looks tremendous. Secondary is still suspect. I really hope those DB recruits can come in and change that.

I don't see Sammy being anything less than what they were in the SLC last year. I favor them to win it all again. Something clicked in that school a few short years ago and they haven't let it go. But the SLC has to step it up and have more than 2 teams actually do something in the playoffs yearly. Plus our out of conference competition besides FBS schools has got to increase up and down the schools. Even though we lost to Samford at home it showed our team we were better than what we put on that field in the first half of that game. It poured over to the ASU game obviously. But overall the entire SLC has to step it up against other stronger FCS schools.

Wildcat1997
April 12th, 2017, 05:01 PM
I don't see Sammy being anything less than what they were in the SLC last year. I favor them to win it all again. Something clicked in that school a few short years ago and they haven't let it go. But the SLC has to step it up and have more than 2 teams actually do something in the playoffs yearly. Plus our out of conference competition besides FBS schools has got to increase up and down the schools. Even though we lost to Samford at home it showed our team we were better than what we put on that field in the first half of that game. It poured over to the ASU game obviously. But overall the entire SLC has to step it up against other stronger FCS schools.ACU will be playing Southern Utah in a couple of years. I know they aren't elite or anything but at least we are trying to improve our OOC.

Daytripper
April 12th, 2017, 05:09 PM
I don't see Sammy being anything less than what they were in the SLC last year. I favor them to win it all again. Something clicked in that school a few short years ago and they haven't let it go. But the SLC has to step it up and have more than 2 teams actually do something in the playoffs yearly. Plus our out of conference competition besides FBS schools has got to increase up and down the schools. Even though we lost to Samford at home it showed our team we were better than what we put on that field in the first half of that game. It poured over to the ASU game obviously. But overall the entire SLC has to step it up against other stronger FCS schools.

Agree.

BEAR
April 12th, 2017, 08:05 PM
ACU will be playing Southern Utah in a couple of years. I know they aren't elite or anything but at least we are trying to improve our OOC.

Thats great news. ACU is a team that I thought would compete from the start. UCA was told the other day that they added Ole Miss in 2022. Time to go tailgate! xlolx

McNeese75
April 12th, 2017, 09:14 PM
ACU will be playing Southern Utah in a couple of years. I know they aren't elite or anything but at least we are trying to improve our OOC.

That's a great trip if you are headed to Cedar City (thru Vegas of course) :D

McNeese72
April 13th, 2017, 08:02 AM
When your defensive line gets umpteen-gillion sacks in the scrimmages and the Spring Game, it doesn't make you feel too good about your offensive line. Just saying.

Doc

BEAR
April 13th, 2017, 08:09 AM
When your defensive line gets umpteen-gillion sacks in the scrimmages and the Spring Game, it doesn't make you feel too good about your offensive line. Just saying.

Doc

That's not good. Ever. Maybe they can use the new stairs at the end of the stadium on their way back to the locker room to watch film and improve...xeyebrowx xlolx

McNeese72
April 13th, 2017, 08:28 AM
That's not good. Ever. Maybe they can use the new stairs at the end of the stadium on their way back to the locker room to watch film and improve...xeyebrowx xlolx

That new handicap ramp down to the playing field is the stupidest thing ever at Cowboy Stadium. Some of our fans who deal with the government regulations says that there were more simpler ways that this could be done.

But, at least, our handicapped players and coaches can make it down to the playing field easier now. ;)

Doc

FormerPokeCenter
April 13th, 2017, 08:45 AM
Hell, I might even be able to make it down to the field now to watch a game from the sidelines!

It's got to good for all those old photographers on the sideline, too!

McNeese72
April 13th, 2017, 08:48 AM
I didn't take a good photo of the new monstrosity but you can see in the background of the two photos below.

http://www.anygivensaturday.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=24851&stc=1

http://www.anygivensaturday.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=24852&stc=1

Doc

FormerPokeCenter
April 13th, 2017, 09:01 AM
They should do that all the way around the stadium, and we can change the nickname from "The Hole" to "The Cage"....or....."Thunderdome".....Two teams enter, one team leaves...

FormerPokeCenter
April 13th, 2017, 09:02 AM
Maybe they're trying to make the SHSU fans feel at home with all those vertical bars...

Daytripper
April 13th, 2017, 09:34 AM
Maybe they're trying to make the SHSU fans feel at home with all those vertical bars...

Nice try, but Bearkats are much more comfortable with this type of bar:

https://encrypted-tbn2.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTjrxWpRBhlLaFTDq-fD5KlAChqwirsxbi93cAnNAeAq0ePrccC

FormerPokeCenter
April 13th, 2017, 09:36 AM
How many of your alumni got shot there???

Daytripper
April 13th, 2017, 09:41 AM
How many of your alumni got shot there???

Tequila shot?

FormerPokeCenter
April 13th, 2017, 09:44 AM
No, shot by law enforcement in Waco...Here's the mugshots of all the folks arrested at Twin Peaks...

Just look at all that orange!

http://kxxv.images.worldnow.com/images/7883731_G.jpg

BEAR
April 13th, 2017, 10:24 AM
Um...why are there only 2 women in that picture collage and why do most of the men look like they should be on Duck Dynasty...xlolx

FormerPokeCenter
April 13th, 2017, 10:49 AM
2017 Bearkat Team picture? The women are trainers?

Sammy94
April 13th, 2017, 11:15 AM

Pretty funny especially coming from a McNeese fan.

FormerPokeCenter
April 13th, 2017, 12:10 PM
Actually, it would be pretty funny coming from anybody in conference...

Daytripper
April 13th, 2017, 12:23 PM

No. The women are also players. We don't even need an all-men's team to beat up on the likes of McNeese.....xcoffeex

FormerPokeCenter
April 13th, 2017, 12:47 PM
We'll see ;)

Sammy94
April 13th, 2017, 04:59 PM
Actually, it would be pretty funny coming from anybody in conference...

The McNeese Alumni team is really in orange, maybe perhaps it would be more funny coming from anyone else in the conference.

cx500d
April 13th, 2017, 08:13 PM
Oh, I thought that was the Sammy team given the orange..I just figured the gray haired dudes were the transfers kicked off UT/TA&M, TCU, Baylor, etc.

No, shot by law enforcement in Waco...Here's the mugshots of all the folks arrested at Twin Peaks...

Just look at all that orange!

http://kxxv.images.worldnow.com/images/7883731_G.jpg

citdog
April 13th, 2017, 08:26 PM
Oh, I thought that was the Sammy team given the orange..I just figured the gray haired dudes were the transfers kicked off UT/TA&M, TCU, Baylor, etc.

Put 'em in gray and they look like Hood's Texicans...

clutchcitykat
April 13th, 2017, 08:58 PM

Reaching for jokes now. We'll gladly take them and continue to win.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

cx500d
April 13th, 2017, 09:09 PM
Don't have to reach far, 65-7 has a funny ring to it.

Reaching for jokes now. We'll gladly take them and continue to win.

clutchcitykat
April 13th, 2017, 09:22 PM
Don't have to reach far, 65-7 has a funny ring to it.

Ouch. Haven't heard that one yet.

FormerPokeCenter
April 13th, 2017, 09:33 PM
The McNeese Alumni team is really in orange, maybe perhaps it would be more funny coming from anyone else in the conference.

McNeese doesn't have an Alumni Tent...we have an alumni pavilion...about a hundred yards away from the Geaux Cowboys tailgate spot...

No orange...

https://www.mcneese.edu/files/styles/large/dbu/f/c/d6ca8519/NOLAND.ALUMNI%20PAVILION.jpg?itok=p0NbgZ4d

Sammy94
April 14th, 2017, 08:58 AM
McNeese doesn't have an Alumni Tent...we have an alumni pavilion...about a hundred yards away from the Geaux Cowboys tailgate spot...

No orange?

https://www.mcneese.edu/files/styles/large/dbu/f/c/d6ca8519/NOLAND.ALUMNI%20PAVILION.jpg?itok=p0NbgZ4d

Just a few guys that won't be making an appearance in that pavilion is what I was talking about.....

http://ll-media.tmz.com/2014/08/22/0822-isaiah-golden-mug-current-1.jpg

https://lintvksnt.files.wordpress.com/2016/08/daniel-sams.jpg

http://kplc.images.worldnow.com/images/25802500_BG1.jpg

http://static-37.sinclairstoryline.com/resources/media/5eed5e2b-91a4-4a71-a35f-b33045f0b545-K7JNitze.jpg?1450737592431

GodHelpTheBears
April 14th, 2017, 11:35 AM
Pure conjecture, but it seems the MVFC wants to be centered on the Dakotas and the MVC wants to be centered around Chicago.

Neither of those really work for Missouri State, and I know it would be a bit of an odd fit, but if we stated our interest in all-sports Southland membership to your conference leaders, how do you think that would be received?

Sammy94
April 14th, 2017, 11:45 AM
Pure conjecture, but it seems the MVFC wants to be centered on the Dakotas and the MVC wants to be centered around Chicago.

Neither of those really work for Missouri State, and I know it would be a bit of an odd fit, but if we stated our interest in all-sports Southland membership to your conference leaders, how do you think that would be received?

I wouldn't have any issue with Missouri State, distance wise its not much farther north than UCA.

GodHelpTheBears
April 14th, 2017, 11:49 AM
I wouldn't have any issue with Missouri State, distance wise its not much farther north than UCA.

Yeah, I want to be clear that nothing is being done on either side to make this happen now, but the door doesn't appear to be completely shut.

I was more invested in the games we had against UCA than any of the teams we play in the MVFC. I wish we had kept it going, it was starting to feel like a legitimate rivalry.

Sammy94
April 14th, 2017, 11:58 AM
Yeah, I want to be clear that nothing is being done on either side to make this happen now, but the door doesn't appear to be completely shut.

I was more invested in the games we had against UCA than any of the teams we play in the MVFC. I wish we had kept it going, it was starting to feel like a legitimate rivalry.

I would love to see a 12 team split conference.

Central Arkansas, Missouri State, Northwestern, SELA, McNeese, Nicholls in one division. Sam, SFA, IWU, ACU, HBU, Lamar in the other. Each school would play the 5 teams in their division and then rotate a home and home with 3 from the other division every 2 years. We could go back to a 8 game conference schedule that way.

BEAR
April 14th, 2017, 02:13 PM

I second that. That 53 yarder made it over the crossbar by a hair. Seriously fans watched us score that TD with 59 seconds left in the fourth and said dang we left them too much time. xlolx And the defensive battle at your place in the second half of that first game that blanked scores for both teams...dogfight. xthumbsupx

McNeese72
April 14th, 2017, 05:02 PM
Just a few guys that won't be making an appearance in that pavilion is what I was talking about.....

http://ll-media.tmz.com/2014/08/22/0822-isaiah-golden-mug-current-1.jpg

https://lintvksnt.files.wordpress.com/2016/08/daniel-sams.jpg

http://kplc.images.worldnow.com/images/25802500_BG1.jpg

http://static-37.sinclairstoryline.com/resources/media/5eed5e2b-91a4-4a71-a35f-b33045f0b545-K7JNitze.jpg?1450737592431

David Hamm is back on the team. That she said, he said thing got settled.

Doc

citdog
April 14th, 2017, 06:17 PM

Central Arkansas, Missouri State, Northwestern, SELA, McNeese, Nicholls in one division. Sam, SFA, IWU, ACU, HBU, Lamar in the other. Each school would play the 5 teams in their division and then rotate a home and home with 3 from the other division every 2 years. We could go back to a 8 game conference schedule that way.

That way y'all could play nobody every year...

GodHelpTheBears
April 15th, 2017, 12:34 PM
I second that. That 53 yarder made it over the crossbar by a hair. Seriously fans watched us score that TD with 59 seconds left in the fourth and said dang we left them too much time. xlolx And the defensive battle at your place in the second half of that first game that blanked scores for both teams...dogfight. xthumbsupx

2013? I was there for that one. That was the best team I've seen us have - we ran Iowa close at Kinnick (Ferentz vs. Terry Allen showed me what football in 1935 looked like) and 5 of our 7 losses were by a TD or less.

2014 was a damn relief. We got that kicker (Marcelo Bonani) from Florida Atlantic. Julian Burton torched your secondary, iirc.

We've also had dogfights with Sam Houston State and Northwestern State (I still can't decide which 2013 loss was more disappointing, to your guys or to NSU).

Daytripper
April 17th, 2017, 09:45 AM

I agree. I think it is absolutely stupid to force the nine game conference schedule on the teams. It limits the flexibility to schedule competitive FCS opponents, as well as making it harder to schedule FBS money games.

BEAR
April 17th, 2017, 10:05 AM
I've seen a few late signees at UCA. Anyone get any late ones?

One RB and one RB/WR. Both pretty good. The first RB is Jatavious Wilson's double on the football field. 4.43 speed at 5'8". xlolx I know the SLC hated seeing JW run the ball. The second guy is a WR that ran track and played football for his hometown. About a 4.5 speed at 6'2". His triple jump landed at 43 feet or so. Nice. I'll see if I can find more info about them.

Looks like we signed another Jatavious Wilson type!

Bevan (B.J.) Rainford
Jersey #: 4
Positions: RB, SB
Height & Weight: 5'8" 174lbs
40 Yard Dash: 4.43
Shuttle: 3.83
Vertical: 33
Bench: 230
100 Meter Dash: 10.92
Squat(LBS): 325
Clean(LBS): 230
Class of: 2017

Kylan Robinson

Jersey #: 21
Positions: RB, WR
Height & Weight: 6'2" 180lbs
40 Yard Dash: 4.41
Bench: 245
100 Meter Dash: 10.9
400 Meter Dash: 48.5
Squat(LBS): 350

Daytripper
April 17th, 2017, 01:01 PM

One RB and one RB/WR. Both pretty good. The first RB is Jatavious Wilson's double on the football field. 4.43 speed at 5'8". xlolx I know the SLC hated seeing JW run the ball. The second guy is a WR that ran track and played football for his hometown. About a 4.5 speed at 6'2". His triple jump landed at 43 feet or so. Nice. I'll see if I can find more info about them.

Bevan (B.J.) Rainford

Kylan Robinson

I don't think we have had any since signing day..

Wildcat1997
April 20th, 2017, 11:52 AM

Bevan (B.J.) Rainford

Kylan Robinson

ACU will be bringing in around 8 or so FBS drop downs.

cx500d
April 20th, 2017, 09:37 PM
Dropdowns or kickedofftheteamdowns?

BEAR
April 21st, 2017, 12:38 AM

8? Why so many at once? I noticed when UCA did that kind of thing under Conque the kids on the team who came out of high school kinda got pushed aside and when their time came to play they weren't as ready as if they should hav been. Thats a bunch at once. I cant believe Ken left the closet that bear or your recruiting grounds are that shallow in Texas.

Catatonic
April 21st, 2017, 01:46 AM
8? Why so many at once? I noticed when UCA did that kind of thing under Conque the kids on the team who came out of high school kinda got pushed aside and when their time came to play they weren't as ready as if they should hav been. Thats a bunch at once. I cant believe Ken left the closet that bear or your recruiting grounds are that shallow in Texas.

New coach. New system. More expectations for team members has resulted in more attrition than normal. Those who have been kicked off the team or who left rather than meet the demands of the new staff have left several holes to fill. Virtually all of the newcomers are at a couple of positions where we are without depth or experience-DB in particular. Also, an O Lineman or two.

Catatonic
April 21st, 2017, 01:50 AM
Dropdowns or kickedofftheteamdowns?

Dropdowns. A couple of kicked-0ff-the-team-downs tweeted that they are coming to ACU but our staff says they haven't spoken with us. The transfers I have seen discussed are all looking for more playing time and are stuck down the depth chart at their current schools.

SFA 93
April 21st, 2017, 03:42 AM
http://www.anygivensaturday.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=24866&stc=1

Catatonic
April 21st, 2017, 03:47 AM
He was fishing with Zack, per Twitter. Is he joining the SFA staff? I see he has the visor....

Nice looking fish though.

SFA 93
April 21st, 2017, 04:25 AM
That's what I was wondering, but nothing has been announced.

Wildcat1997
April 21st, 2017, 07:37 AM
It won't for sure be 8. It could be anywhere from 5 to 8 depending on how it plays out. We just really need depth at key positions like OL and DB. We would also normally be bringing in Jucos but Dorrel really doesn't like them because he doesn't think enough of them work out.

Catatonic
April 21st, 2017, 07:40 AM
It won't for sure be 8. It could be anywhere from 5 to 8 depending on how it plays out. We just really need depth at key positions like OL and DB.

And RB, although I don't think we have a transfer rb lined up.

BEAR
April 21st, 2017, 08:17 AM
Ahh attrition. That always happens with a new coach. Ken was a great friend of mine at UCA. I traveled to the national championship game when we were NAIA to watch him and the crew win it all. He's always been a field general and sideline coach and I can imagine he will land somewhere probably as an assistant or head coach at the D2 level. But I hope the new coach gets those holes filled and moves away from all the transfers. It really is just plugging holes for a short time. Every team has them but I noticed the teams that are most successful have very few and have built chemistry over a 4 year period with high school kids. Is that new stadium finished? Might need to take a road trip to see one of your games this year if it is. I'm planning on at least ONE trip to a SLC stadium every year..maybe two...even if my team isn't playing. It should be fun.

Catatonic
April 21st, 2017, 09:41 AM
Ahh attrition. That always happens with a new coach. Ken was a great friend of mine at UCA. I traveled to the national championship game when we were NAIA to watch him and the crew win it all. He's always been a field general and sideline coach and I can imagine he will land somewhere probably as an assistant or head coach at the D2 level. But I hope the new coach gets those holes filled and moves away from all the transfers. It really is just plugging holes for a short time. Every team has them but I noticed the teams that are most successful have very few and have built chemistry over a 4 year period with high school kids. Is that new stadium finished? Might need to take a road trip to see one of your games this year if it is. I'm planning on at least ONE trip to a SLC stadium every year..maybe two...even if my team isn't playing. It should be fun.

The new stadium is on track to open in time for the first home game on Sept. 16.

BEAR
April 21st, 2017, 11:17 AM
The new stadium is on track to open in time for the first home game on Sept. 16.

xthumbsupx

SFA 93
April 21st, 2017, 02:26 PM
Live tomorrow on ESPN3

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/C9o3WaGUMAI4-9I.jpg

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/C9t5-M4XgAA7zkL.jpg

cx500d
April 21st, 2017, 08:49 PM
http://www.anygivensaturday.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=24866&stc=1

Holy repeated imagery, but there is a fishing thread elsewhere on ags. Nice fish though.

Serpentor
April 22nd, 2017, 12:17 PM
I agree. I think it is absolutely stupid to force the nine game conference schedule on the teams. It limits the flexibility to schedule competitive FCS opponents, as well as making it harder to schedule FBS money games.

Was there ever any explanation for how they came up with that scheduling idea?

Wildcat1997
April 22nd, 2017, 09:43 PM
http://www.anygivensaturday.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=24868&stc=1 Here's the lockers going into Wildcat Stadium. The monitors for the nameplates will be coming in later. How do they compare to the rest of the Southland and FCS?

SFA 93
April 23rd, 2017, 06:28 AM
Spring Game in the books

Summary

QB Foster Sawyer scored the only two TDs in the game, one rushing and one passing. The offense was driving on another series into the red zone when the ball from center sailed over Sawyer's reach.

Secondary playing really well, flying all over the field, Coach Byrd has the defense fast and aggressive as the defensive line was hurrying the QBs all night.

Navy transfer CB Andre Wiley is going to be good, had 2 INTs and a FF.

Our receivers are giants (Nacho, Pace, Goree, Williams. Hill, Sam, Baldwin, Nolley) all 6-2 plus

Storm Ruiz is going to be a weapon in the kicking game as he was perfect in every attempt.

No John Franklin and 13 others due to injury.

Looks like junior TCU transfer Demetrion Amie has found him a spot at the table playing DE SCK:2.0;FF:1;FR:1; and numerous TFL and QB hurries all night.

Jacks ran 120 plays playing 50 players

You can still catch the game in replay on ESPN3

SFA 93
April 23rd, 2017, 06:34 AM
WC 1997 so you guys are getting the monitor name plates like the new Texas Longhorn lockers?

Are those marble slabs?

I can't speak for other locker rooms but those are better than SFA's, which most locker rooms are as we are in major need of an upgrade that we can't afford.

Wildcat1997
April 23rd, 2017, 08:43 AM
WC 1997 so you guys are getting the monitor name plates like the new Texas Longhorn lockers?

Are those marble slabs?

I can't speak for other locker rooms but those are better than SFA's, which most locker rooms are as we are in major need of an upgrade that we can't afford.No I was kidding about the monitors :). We couldn't afford that in our wildest dreams. And I don't think that's marble, I think it's just a cushion with a wrapping around it. I think they are nice, especially since we don't have to use high school ones anymore.

FormerPokeCenter
April 23rd, 2017, 11:11 AM
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/CskZMxhUMAAxU5c.jpg

The bins underneath the seats are designed to hold practice shoes and workout clothes. There's mesh system that's designed to catch dirt, mud and grass in the bins you can see at the floor level...

It's a little thing, but it's a design feature that makes keeping the place clean a lot easier...

Daytripper
April 25th, 2017, 08:43 AM
Was there ever any explanation for how they came up with that scheduling idea?

I have no idea what the reasoning behind it is.

Wildcat1997
April 25th, 2017, 08:53 AM
Here's the shower area going into the stadium as well: http://www.anygivensaturday.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=24890&stc=1

McNeese75
April 25th, 2017, 11:21 AM
Here's the shower area going into the stadium as well: http://www.anygivensaturday.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=24890&stc=1

Reminds me of a football field in Conway Arkansas xeekx

FormerPokeCenter
April 25th, 2017, 11:26 AM
Now that you mention it...it does look sort of festive and...well...what's the word I'm looking for ???

BEAR
April 25th, 2017, 12:05 PM
Reminds me of a football field in Conway Arkansas xeekx

Actually it reminds me of this for some reason...Here's the players lining up to shower....xlolx

http://alden-tan.com/wp-content/uploads/large-matrix-blu-ray7.jpg

- - - Updated - - -

Does everyone have their tailgate spot yet?! xthumbsupx

SFA 93
April 25th, 2017, 05:34 PM
Apple II software

Nickels
April 26th, 2017, 08:23 PM
Nothing compares to the Demon's visitor locker room....Literally.

FormerPokeCenter
April 26th, 2017, 09:13 PM
You mean their closet under the stands?

Nickels
April 26th, 2017, 10:39 PM
You mean their closet under the stands?
Wasn't aware they even had that. The Kats have been setting up camp near one of the end zones the past few years.

McNeese75
April 27th, 2017, 10:21 AM
Wasn't aware they even had that. The Kats have been setting up camp near one of the end zones the past few years.

Ahhhhh so the Kats came out of the closet. Got it xlolx

(kidding aside, the visitor amenities at Turpin suck big time)

Nickels
April 27th, 2017, 08:44 PM
Ahhhhh so the Kats came out of the closet. Got it xlolx

(kidding aside, the visitor amenities at Turpin suck big time)
I dont think ours are much better. I see half of our opponents hanging out on the field house steps during the half.

Does the SLC have some kind of standard for opposing locker rooms? If not, they should. Seeing players hanging around the field during the break makes our conference look as podunk as it actually is.

McNeese75
April 27th, 2017, 09:15 PM
I dont think ours are much better. I see half of our opponents hanging out on the field house steps during the half.

Does the SLC have some kind of standard for opposing locker rooms? If not, they should. Seeing players hanging around the field during the break makes our conference look as podunk as it actually is.

Obviously the standard is really low, lol. I doubt the McNeese visitor accommodatations are anything to write home about.