PDA

View Full Version : Harvard Hires Lafayette OC

Ivytalk
February 5th, 2017, 05:04 PM
Wait, what?xconfusedx

Harvard hired Lafayette OC Mickey Fein as its "passing game coordinator"/ wide receiver coach. Fein is a former Maine QB. Is this a net gain for Harvard, or a big meh?

Lafayette and Maine posters, have at it. Will this improve last year's mediocre 7-3 Harvard squad?

UNHWildcat18
February 5th, 2017, 08:38 PM
I mean Lafayette overall has been garbage for a long time soooooo, but
total offense 5th/7
total rushing 7th7
total passing 3rd/7
passing efficiency 4th/7
That's 2016, you can look at stats from previous seasons as well. (aren't much better)

Ivytalk
February 6th, 2017, 07:00 AM
I mean Lafayette overall has been garbage for a long time soooooo, but
total offense 5th/7
total rushing 7th7
total passing 3rd/7
passing efficiency 4th/7
That's 2016, you can look at stats from previous seasons as well. (aren't much better)
Thanks for the info. Sounds like meh to me.

LeopardBall10
February 6th, 2017, 08:02 AM
I happen to like Mickey. I think he knows his stuff and can be a good coach but was pulled into the Frank Tavani quagmire with the rest of the team. He had some ideas but couldn't utilize them because the OL couldn't handle it and the Head Coach opposed it. I thought he always did a good job of creating a winning culture for the offense, the guys in his meeting room, but because he wasn't the Head Coach, and Frank undermined everything his staff did, that culture never progressed beyond the meeting room doors.

I think Mickey brings some good concepts and knowledge to the Harvard staff and I think he makes the offense better as long as the rest of the staff is on board and Murphy has defined roles for everyone so no toes get stepped on. But I think this is a much better get for Mickey than the Crimson. He gets to move closer to family, will get to see his daughter play (lacrosse) whenever Lafayette plays Harvard, he ends up on a winning staff with a well developed HC after years spent slowly withering away in Easton. This may be a way for him to restart his career.

Bogus Megapardus
February 6th, 2017, 08:12 PM
Wait, what?xconfusedx

Harvard hired Lafayette OC Mickey Fein as its "passing game coordinator"/ wide receiver coach. Fein is a former Maine QB. Is this a net gain for Harvard, or a big meh?

Lafayette and Maine posters, have at it. Will this improve last year's mediocre 7-3 Harvard squad?

We all know that Tim Murphy himself is a former Lafayette coach. How's that worked out for you so far?xpopcornx

Ivytalk
February 7th, 2017, 08:15 AM
We all know that Tim Murphy himself is a former Lafayette coach. How's that worked out for you so far?xpopcornx
I take your point!

DFW HOYA
February 7th, 2017, 08:24 AM

It speaks well of Tim Murphy that 7-3 would be considered mediocre.

Go Green
February 7th, 2017, 11:31 AM
It speaks well of Tim Murphy that 7-3 would be considered mediocre.

One of those losses was to Yale. Murphy could have gone 9-1 and the season would still be considered mediocre. See, e.g., Reaction of Yale Alums to Bulldogs' 2007 Season.

ngineer
February 11th, 2017, 09:16 PM
Change of scenery probably good for Fein. Sucked into the Frankasaurus mind meld, he made need some 'conversion therapy' before August.

citdog
February 11th, 2017, 09:28 PM
Change of scenery probably good for Fein. Sucked into the Frankasaurus mind meld, he made need some 'conversion therapy' before August.

homophobe

ngineer
February 12th, 2017, 11:03 AM
homophobe ??? I do not follow the DeVos religious views, but it might help Harvard extricate Fein from Tavani's prehistoric mind set of play calling.

Bogus Megapardus
February 14th, 2017, 04:41 PM
??? I do not follow the DeVos religious views, but it might help Harvard extricate Fein from Tavani's prehistoric mind set of play calling.

Not to worry - I do follow the DeVos religious views and I don't get it either, ngineer! I agree that Tavani was like a wet blanket over any skill or ability Mickey Fein had to offer. He'll be good at Harvard, I think. Pards head to Allston on 10/14 so we'll see.

Pards Rule
February 16th, 2017, 08:51 AM
Hopefully first win over Crimson since 2009! What is happening with Stan Clayton?