PDA

View Full Version : APP fans...

Griswold
January 20th, 2007, 09:27 PM
Are you getting as worried as I am about our OOC schedule the longer it takes to announce who we're playing next year? xcoffeex

How many other schools are still waiting to finalize their schedule?

SuperJon
January 20th, 2007, 11:13 PM
Liberty's got two games left to fill. I have heard absolutely NO rumors on who it is. I'm worried kind of like you guys are, even though our two schools are in completely different situations.

NDSUFREAK
January 20th, 2007, 11:15 PM
NDSU is not finalized.

AppStateold299
January 20th, 2007, 11:54 PM
Not too many schools have posted their schedules for next year. It is hardly ever posted this early in the year. I know we all want to see who we are facing next year and get excited, but the schedule usually gets posted about early to mid February.

Griswold
January 21st, 2007, 01:20 AM
Not too many schools have posted their schedules for next year. It is hardly ever posted this early in the year. I know we all want to see who we are facing next year and get excited, but the schedule usually gets posted about early to mid February.

It seemed like last year we announced our schedule right around the championship game (tell me if I'm wrong) and I wasn't too thrilled with Gardner Webb (even though I know why they were on there) or Mars Hill. All I heard about was Cobb saying how difficult it was to fill our schedule with all I-AA/FCS schools plus now we have to fill the LSU spot.

Griswold
January 21st, 2007, 01:22 AM
NDSU is not finalized.

It seemed to me you or nother NDSU fan had a post "Have your AD call our AD"!

:nod:

ASU Kep
January 21st, 2007, 03:42 AM
It seemed to me you or nother NDSU fan had a post "Have your AD call our AD"!

:nod:

I know I posted that once or twice. I'd love to see how that match-up would play out.

th0m
January 21st, 2007, 07:47 AM
It seemed like last year we announced our schedule right around the championship game (tell me if I'm wrong) and I wasn't too thrilled with Gardner Webb (even though I know why they were on there) or Mars Hill. All I heard about was Cobb saying how difficult it was to fill our schedule with all I-AA/FCS schools plus now we have to fill the LSU spot.

I don't think so. Didn't it take a long time for the ASU-JMU game to be finalized? I remember us being very late last year with releasing our schedule, but that may have been because of the late addition of Bloomsburg.

Mr. C
January 21st, 2007, 09:01 AM
Three times in the last five years, the schedule hasn't been finalized until the end of February, or in March. I remember in 2003, talking to Roachel Laney at an improptu press conference with the ASU media contingent at the Southern Conference basketball tournament when he announced to us that the Mountaineers would be playing Hawaii in football. This has been an on-going problem for several years.

appfan2008
January 21st, 2007, 09:25 AM
i understand the problem but it sure would be nice to find who we are playing and it seems the longer we wait then the worse the team we are going to play will be

SuperJon
January 21st, 2007, 09:55 AM
I feel somewhat like you guys do. We're trying to build a program and enhance the schedule and build towards the playoffs, and as it gets later and later I start to worry that we're going to start putting cupcakes on the schedule again. I know it's harder for you guys because you're insanely good, but it's hard for us because some schools flat won't schedule us because they don't like our chancellor and some schools think we still suck.

BrevardMountaineer03
January 21st, 2007, 06:18 PM
I hope they announce it soon. Just for a peace of mind.