PDA

View Full Version : Texas State Reportedly Makes Decision

TexasTerror
January 20th, 2007, 04:31 PM
Texas State - San Marcos fans "in the know" are stating that a decision is a done deal and that we should know something here in the next 48 hours.

According to fans in San Marcos, the hire is Brad Wright, who was the assistant head coach under David Bailiff, who just recently left the program to coach at Rice University.

Wright has spent most of his coaching in the Texas high school ranks with three years at Texas State - San Marcos and two years at Louisiana-Lafayette (in the 80s). Wright is a former 'Cats football player who was a student assistant after completing his eligibility.

Wright's bio:
http://txstatebobcats.cstv.com/sports/m-footbl/mtt/wright_brad00.html

TexasTerror
January 20th, 2007, 04:56 PM
From the Rice press conference, here's Bailiff on the HC position...

(on one of his assistants filling the Texas State HC position) "I know Brad Wright is going to apply for that job, and I think thats what the community wants there. Not to put any pressure on my last boss, but I know he's applying, I know he's a great fit."

BigApp
January 20th, 2007, 05:12 PM
well that was quick

TexasTerror
January 20th, 2007, 05:47 PM
Brent Thibodeaux over at BobcatFans.com has released the following...

SAN MARCOS - BobcatFans.com is breaking the news first that Texas State University will name Bobcat assistant coach Brad Wright the new head football coach.

A press conference has been schedule at Texas State University at 11am on Monday (1/22/2007) to announce Wright as the coach.

Wright just finished his third season at Texas State as the assistant head coach.

Prior to joining the Texas State staff Wright had spent the past four seasons as the director of athletics and head football coach at Canyon High School in New Braunfels. Wright helped turn around a struggling Cougar football program. After two, one-win seasons his first two seasons at the school, Canyon High went 7-2 in 2002 and advanced to the state quarterfinals in 2003.

Wright earned his bachelor's degree in physical education from Texas State in 1981

ngineer
January 20th, 2007, 10:09 PM
Hope the school doesn't take a 'knee-jerk' decision...;) :D Sorry, couldn't help it...:asswhip: :asswhip: :asswhip: :asswhip: :o

gokats85
January 20th, 2007, 10:15 PM
Hope the school doesn't take a 'knee-jerk' decision...;) :D Sorry, couldn't help it...:asswhip: :asswhip: :asswhip: :asswhip: :o

xlolx xlolx xlolx ngineer, you're on a roll!!!

TexasTerror
January 21st, 2007, 07:07 AM
Football: Wright bids to take 'interim' off his title
Web Posted: 01/19/2007 11:15 PM CST

Jerry Briggs
Express-News

Texas State interim head football coach Brad Wright met with university officials Friday but came away unsure of his status as a candidate for the job on a permanent basis.

"Interim means I'm going to be something else pretty quick," Wright said. "That's what interim stands for in the coaching world."

Wright was appointed interim coach at Texas State on Thursday night after David Bailiff accepted the head coaching job at Rice.

Bailiff reportedly agreed to a five-year contract worth $2 million, averaging $400,000 per year, at the Division I-A school. He was making $160,000 annually at I-AA Texas State.

A Texas State official said Bailiff was taking at least three assistants with him, including Craig Naivar, Tom Herman and Blake Miller.

Wright said he could be joining the Rice staff if he doesn't get the permanent head coaching position with the Bobcats.

http://www.mysanantonio.com/sports/stories/MYSA012007.03C.FBCtexasstate.wright.1d886f8.html

slycat
January 22nd, 2007, 11:36 AM
Its official. Brad Wright is the head coach at Texas State. I am pleased with the choice. I would have liked the AD to look at more options but Wright is a good guy and we needed a quick choice to help with recruiting.

From the Texas St website.

http://txstatebobcats.cstv.com/sports/m-footbl/spec-rel/012207aac.html

Another chapter which chronicles Brad Wright's association with Texas State University began Monday as he was introduced as the Bobcats' 15th head football coach.

Wright has been a member of Texas State's coaching staff for the past three seasons. He was lured away from a successful high school coaching career to become the Bobcats' assistant head coach, running backs coach and special teams' coordinator when David Bailiff was named Texas State's head coach in 2004. Wright fills the vacancy left when Bailiff was named the head coach at Rice University.

TexasTerror
January 26th, 2007, 10:01 PM
Texas State University - San Marcos adds two more coaches with SHSU experience to their staff...

SAN MARCOS - Texas State head coach Brad Wright announced Friday additions to his coaching staff including naming third-year staff member Kyle Tietz co-defensive coordinator along with Casey Horny, who joins the Bobcat staff after stints at Sam Houston State and Trinity.

Also named to the Texas State staff Friday was Kevin Brown (wide receivers coach), Charlie Reeve (running backs coach), Michael Salinas (special teams' coordinator/safeties coach) and Greg Walls (cornerbacks coach).

http://txstatebobcats.cstv.com/sports/m-footbl/spec-rel/012607aab.html

BEAR
January 27th, 2007, 09:25 AM
So Texas State is adding Horny, Teitz to their staff! Great job! xlolx :hurray: :bow:

BigApp
January 27th, 2007, 03:07 PM
oooooooo.......I see a very bad joke in that one....:cool: :cool: :cool:

txstatebobcat
January 27th, 2007, 03:56 PM
So Texas State is adding Horny, Teitz to their staff! Great job! xlolx :hurray: :bow:
Can't forget our co-offensive coordinator Travis Bush.

Spooney-Cat
January 29th, 2007, 12:12 PM
I personally like the "Horny-Bush" scheme!:thumbsup:

RabidRabbit
January 29th, 2007, 12:33 PM
I personally like the "Horny-Bush" scheme!:thumbsup:

:p Now what recruit would pass up the chance to be Wright and receive thorough coaching from Horny, Teitz and Bush? :rolleyes: