PDA

View Full Version : 2016 JMU vs NDSU championship teams

January 8th, 2017, 07:40 AM
It is my opinion that this years Bison team was the weakest team NDSU sent to the playoffs. I think the 2010 team was better. So lets have the debate. Of the 5 repeat Bison Championship teams which of those teams would have defeated this years version of JMU football???

UNHWildcat18
January 8th, 2017, 07:46 AM
It is my opinion that this years Bison team was the weakest team NDSU sent to the playoffs. I think the 2010 team was better. So lets have the debate. Of the 5 repeat Bison Championship teams which of those teams would have defeated this years version of JMU football??? Does JMU get its suspended players back? If so and both teams are healthy JMU beats NDSU 2014 no question IMO, other than that I don't know enough to make any calls, I'm sure others will elaborate better.

caribbeanhen
January 8th, 2017, 07:46 AM
None,

JMU far better than any of the 5 Bison teams.... to go into that Dome where the home field advantage is close to surreal compounded by biased Refs and dominate the Bizun like JMU did says it all

besides, the previous 5 weak sisters you beat were merely FCS teams... JMU has FBS talent and that's what it took to beat you...

January 8th, 2017, 07:56 AM
Does JMU get its suspended players back? If so and both teams are healthy JMU beats NDSU 2014 no question IMO, other than that I don't know enough to make any calls, I'm sure others will elaborate better.

No I think to be as simple as possible we need to decide based on the players that took the field in the Championship games. No adding suspended players or injured players back. Teams have to be able to deal with those issues.

Bison Fan in NW MN
January 8th, 2017, 08:02 AM
It is my opinion that this years Bison team was the weakest team NDSU sent to the playoffs. I think the 2010 team was better. So lets have the debate. Of the 5 repeat Bison Championship teams which of those teams would have defeated this years version of JMU football???

2013 and both teams with Carson.

cx500d
January 8th, 2017, 08:28 AM
2013 and both teams with Carson.

I'll take any of the 5, plus 86 and 90

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

mvemjsunpx
January 8th, 2017, 08:32 AM

The 2010 Bison were definitely not better than this year's version. Just look at the stats (http://www.mvc.org/football/stats/10/ndsu.htm) & the fact they lost 4 games. Come on, Missouri State beat them 3-0 in the regular-season finale.

th0m
January 8th, 2017, 08:32 AM

Are you just trying to create another shouting match? What fruitful discussion do think will come from this extreme hypothetical. No one will be able to convince anyone anyway.

January 8th, 2017, 08:52 AM
Are you just trying to create another shouting match? What fruitful discussion do think will come from this extreme hypothetical. No one will be able to convince anyone anyway.
I am simply trying to hear others insights. It is the way one can learn and evaluate their own bias. I try to be realistic in how I evaluate the Bison. I will cheer for them regardless, win or lose I back my team.

KPSUL
January 8th, 2017, 09:10 AM

xthumbsupx Yah, what he said!

January 8th, 2017, 09:29 AM
None,

JMU far better than any of the 5 Bison teams.... to go into that Dome where the home field advantage is close to surreal compounded by biased Refs and dominate the Bizun like JMU did says it all besides, the previous 5 weak sisters you beat were merely FCS teams... JMU has FBS talent and that's what it took to beat you...

The Bison of those years also played FBS team and defeated them. The Bison, as any team certainly has a home field advantage. As far as refs, in the playoffs refs are not the same refs as the regular season. If I recall the rules they are from a neutral conference.

caribbeanhen
January 8th, 2017, 09:37 AM
The Bison of those years also played FBS team and defeated them. The Bison, as any team certainly has a home field advantage. As far as refs, in the playoffs refs are not the same refs as the regular season. If I recall the rules they are from a neutral conference.

I know, how many FBS teams have you beat in a row now? very impressive, but some of you fans try to conceal the fact that you pretty much are an FBS team talent wise

Gil Dobie
January 8th, 2017, 09:39 AM
The 2010 Bison were definitely not better than this year's version. Just look at the stats (http://www.mvc.org/football/stats/10/ndsu.htm) & the fact they lost 4 games. Come on, Missouri State beat them 3-0 in the regular-season finale.

Brock Jensen didn't play the second half of that game.

POD Knows
January 8th, 2017, 09:43 AM
The 2013 Bison team beats them, don't know about the other ones.

Gil Dobie
January 8th, 2017, 09:45 AM
I know, how many FBS teams have you beat in a row now? very impressive, but some of you fans try to conceal the fact that you pretty much are an FBS team talent wise

The difference is, NDSU recruits their players and molds them into the system, where others take in several FBS transfers. The allows NDSU to have good teams year after year, while others depend on the FBS transfers available.

mvemjsunpx
January 8th, 2017, 09:49 AM
Brock Jensen didn't play the second half of that game.

Brock Jensen wasn't good that year anyway, so I'm not sure why that matters.

semobison
January 8th, 2017, 09:49 AM
None,

JMU far better than any of the 5 Bison teams.... to go into that Dome where the home field advantage is close to surreal compounded by biased Refs and dominate the Bizun like JMU did says it all

besides, the previous 5 weak sisters you beat were merely FCS teams... JMU has FBS talent and that's what it took to beat you...

JMU was impressive this year but the team they beat in Fargo was not a championship caliber team. In this seasons MVFC play the stats tell the story.

Scoring Offense 26 ppg,
passing offense, 144ypg
1st downs, 17.5 pg
Offense 3rd down conversion, 41.7%
Defense 3rd down conversion, 42.6% (it was awful all season)

These are the poorest stats for any year since we won the 1st natty. This years Bison was a good team but not up to recent standards. Many of us saw this coming during the regular season.

That at being said, JMU was a complete team, offense, defense and special teams but saying they are better than all 5 championship teams is just plain stupid!

Bison Fan in NW MN
January 8th, 2017, 09:51 AM
JMU was impressive this year but the team they beat in Fargo was not a championship caliber team. In this seasons MVFC play the stats tell the story.

Scoring Offense 26 ppg,
passing offense, 144ypg
1st downs, 17.5 pg
Offense 3rd down conversion, 41.7%
Defense 3rd down conversion, 42.6% (it was awful all season)

These are the poorest stats for any year since we won the 1st natty. This years Bison was a good team but not up to recent standards. Many of us saw this coming during the regular season.

That at being said, JMU was a complete team, offense, defense and special teams but saying they are better than all 5 championship teams is just plain stupid!

For being "down", I'll take a 12-2 season.

Gil Dobie
January 8th, 2017, 10:22 AM
Brock Jensen wasn't good that year anyway, so I'm not sure why that matters.

He wasn't too shabby in the games 2 games against Big Sky teams in 2010. Jensen started 7 games that season, 3 of them playoff games. He went 2-1 in the playoffs.

TheKingpin28
January 8th, 2017, 11:27 AM
I feel like the 2013 team is the best constructed team in the FCS ever with the 1996 Thundering Herd being a close 2nd. I believe that the 2015 team would have found holes in the JMU D and Carson would have picked them apart with the defense being exponentially better than this years defense. That said, those are the only two teams with certainty that would have beaten this team and not caused me to doubt them, with the 12 and 14 teams making it a solid fight. I do not believe the 11 team would have won, but that was a defensive slug fest against one of the best FCS RBs of this decade.

POD Knows
January 8th, 2017, 11:31 AM
I feel like the 2013 team is the best constructed team in the FCS ever with the 1996 Thundering Herd being a close 2nd. I believe that the 2015 team would have found holes in the JMU D and Carson would have picked them apart with the defense being exponentially better than this years defense. That said, those are the only two teams with certainty that would have beaten this team and not caused me to doubt them, with the 12 and 14 teams making it a solid fight. I do not believe the 11 team would have won, but that was a defensive slug fest against one of the best FCS RBs of this decade.

You must mean the 1986 team, we weren't real good in 1996

TheKingpin28
January 8th, 2017, 11:40 AM
You must mean the 1986 team, we weren't real good in 1996

Thundering Herd. Marshall University. I was saying that their team might be the only that would have competed against the 2013 Bison.

POD Knows
January 8th, 2017, 11:45 AM
Thundering Herd. Marshall University. I was saying that their team might be the only that would have competed against the 2013 Bison.

Yep, my bad, I skimmed your post.

YoUDeeMan
January 8th, 2017, 12:03 PM

2003 UD team was the best.

Demolished everyone...their defensive points record still stands, and that includes a useless Wofford TD with zero on the clock.

Hot knife through butter against the best FCS teams. Every team they beat was ranked in the top 7...and they destroyed them - not even close. Including two teams from the vaunted Midwest. No gimmie games from a watered down playoff that are gifted to teams these days.

TheKingpin28
January 8th, 2017, 12:07 PM
Yep, my bad, I skimmed your post.

It happens. Besides that team, that 2013 team will probably be never matched again. When a guy like Tim Brewster says no to FBS talent since they were from Minnesota instead of Alabama, Texas, and Florida, it became a win for the Bison Dynasty. Now high school kids these days have to decide would they rather play for the Gophers who will continually be mediocre, or compete year in and year out for a D1 National Title, it is easy to decide.

JayMYou
January 8th, 2017, 12:08 PM
This isn't even the most talented JMU team in our history, but it is hands down the most cohesive and disciplined. They have been coached and inspired to execute and dominate. Not the same team as the beginning of the season and while there have been other teams with far more talent, with they way they've come together this year I think on any given SaturdayTM they could beat any of the past champions. And for me that's the exciting thing about the progression of our program. If we've found a similar formula to NDST we should get to the point where we can plug and play players and coaches without the program as a whole suffering, and not live and die by a superstar or a particular head coach.

70MilesFromCanada
January 8th, 2017, 12:12 PM
Oh goody, another "what if/I think" thread. Here's the answer: 2016 - JMU was the best in FCS, 2011-15 NDSU was the best. Even the silly NCAA agrees (check their web site). Comparisons? It ain't that cold outside guys. 🍻

70MilesFromCanada
January 8th, 2017, 12:14 PM
FYI - the 2016 JMU team won ZERO games in 2011-15.

Gangtackle11
January 8th, 2017, 12:23 PM
It happens. Besides that team, that 2013 team will probably be never matched again. When a guy like Tim Brewster says no to FBS talent since they were from Minnesota instead of Alabama, Texas, and Florida, it became a win for the Bison Dynasty. Now high school kids these days have to decide would they rather play for the Gophers who will continually be mediocre, or compete year in and year out for a D1 National Title, it is easy to decide.

Don't underestimate PJ Fleck at Minnesota. He worked miracles at WMU.

JayMYou
January 8th, 2017, 12:28 PM
Showing my complete FCS ignorance, but why aren't all the Dakota and Montana teams in the same conference? Not trying to stir the pot but is it due to political or perception issues (one school looking down on another)?

One of the biggest reasons I want JMU to move to FBS is because we're now split between our natural regional rivals that interest me and now more are (or have moved to) FBS.

FCS: Richmond, W&M, Delaware, Nova, etc. vs FBS: ODU, App St, Ga Southern, East Carolina, Navy, UMass, Marshall, etc.

TheKingpin28
January 8th, 2017, 12:30 PM
2003 UD team was the best.

Demolished everyone...their defensive points record still stands, and that includes a useless Wofford TD with zero on the clock.

Hot knife through butter against the best FCS teams. Every team they beat was ranked in the top 7...and they destroyed them - not even close. Including two teams from the vaunted Midwest. No gimmie games from a watered down playoff that are gifted to teams these days.

So the Bison played some guys named:

David Johnson (Best RB in the NFL): 12 Rushes for 143yds and 1 run of 85. Take that away and he had 11 rushes for 58 yards.
Zach Zenner (#1 RB for the Lions) [This is where the term a Zenner came from]: 8 Rushes for 4yds. Yes 4 yards
Terrance West (#1 RB for Ravens) [Best RB in the FCS that year and your vaunted CAA team btw]: 22 Rushes for 99yds and 1 TD.
Lorenzo Taliaferro (Scat Back for Ravens): 11 Rushes for 53yds and 1 TD.
Marshaun Coprich (RB for New York Giants): 20 Rushes for 59yds and 1 TD.
KANSAS STATE RUSHING (Oh btw reigning Big 12 Champs): 23 Rushes for 69yds and 1 TD.
NEW HAMPSHIRE RUSHING (Your vaunted CAA): 38 Rushes for 67yds and 1 TD.
TOWSON RUSHING (Your vaunted CAA including West): 35 Rushes for 106yds and 1 TD. [So outside of West they went 13 Rushes for 7yds].
Tyler Lockett (WR for Seattle Seahawks): 7 Catches for 113yds and 1 TD.

But continue to push the narrative of riding the dick of the CAA to claim your victory with them. The 2013 Bison did the following:

Points Per Game: 38.7 vs 11.3
Total Rushing: 3860 vs 136
Rushing Yards Per Attempt: 5.9 vs 2.9
Rushing Per Game: 257.3 vs 91.3
Total Rushing TDs: 35 vs 7
Total Passing TDs: 35 vs 10
Total Offense: 457.5 vs 255.9
Total Scoring: 581 vs 169

You want to try again with your weak sauce?

Go Lehigh TU owl
January 8th, 2017, 12:37 PM
JMU is the best CAA champion since 2003 Delaware. Their roster is loaded with talent and Houston put it together perfectly. I would put it up against Bison title team except 2013. I think this year's JMU team is better than 2014 and 2015 NDSU. 2011 and 2012 would be interesting.

2016 JMU, 2013 NDSU, 2007 App State, 2003 Delaware and 2000 GSU are the Top 5 teams of the 2000's imo

semobison
January 8th, 2017, 12:50 PM
Yup, these CAA guys are amazed at how much bigger their dicks look when it's the first time they have had a hard on in 7 years!

F'N Hawks
January 8th, 2017, 12:55 PM
Yup, these CAA guys are amazed at how much bigger their dicks look when it's the first time they have had a hard on in 7 years!

At least you now understand how annoying you guys were for the past 5 years. No difference.

Gangtackle11
January 8th, 2017, 12:58 PM
At least you now understand how annoying you guys were for the past 5 years. No difference.

Shhhh.....don't give away the game plan.

POD Knows
January 8th, 2017, 12:59 PM

We will still be annoying, even in defeat. :D

Drblankstare
January 8th, 2017, 01:33 PM
I nominate this for Most Off-season thread of all time.

YoUDeeMan
January 8th, 2017, 02:25 PM
So the Bison played some guys named:

David Johnson (Best RB in the NFL): 12 Rushes for 143yds and 1 run of 85. Take that away and he had 11 rushes for 58 yards.
Zach Zenner (#1 RB for the Lions) [This is where the term a Zenner came from]: 8 Rushes for 4yds. Yes 4 yards
Terrance West (#1 RB for Ravens) [Best RB in the FCS that year and your vaunted CAA team btw]: 22 Rushes for 99yds and 1 TD.
Lorenzo Taliaferro (Scat Back for Ravens): 11 Rushes for 53yds and 1 TD.
Marshaun Coprich (RB for New York Giants): 20 Rushes for 59yds and 1 TD.
KANSAS STATE RUSHING (Oh btw reigning Big 12 Champs): 23 Rushes for 69yds and 1 TD.
NEW HAMPSHIRE RUSHING (Your vaunted CAA): 38 Rushes for 67yds and 1 TD.
TOWSON RUSHING (Your vaunted CAA including West): 35 Rushes for 106yds and 1 TD. [So outside of West they went 13 Rushes for 7yds].
Tyler Lockett (WR for Seattle Seahawks): 7 Catches for 113yds and 1 TD.

But continue to push the narrative of riding the dick of the CAA to claim your victory with them. The 2013 Bison did the following:

Points Per Game: 38.7 vs 11.3
Total Rushing: 3860 vs 136
Rushing Yards Per Attempt: 5.9 vs 2.9
Rushing Per Game: 257.3 vs 91.3
Total Rushing TDs: 35 vs 7
Total Passing TDs: 35 vs 10
Total Offense: 457.5 vs 255.9
Total Scoring: 581 vs 169

You want to try again with your weak sauce?

You played against good players?

Bravo...now you want NDSU lumped in with the clowns from those MEAC teams that brag that they played against ________ who spent time in the NFL. Yup, you're in really good company when you get to MEAC level bragging territory. xthumbsupx

Maybe your games against DSU and Ferris State (isn't that a prison) sparked that comparison.

And you played the reigning Big12 champs? xeyebrowx

Whew...talk about living off past reputations...you must be part of the NDSU posse that likes to say they beat a highly ranked GSU team...only to find that they played against an overrated shell of a team. xlolx

Congrats. I always wondered what staring at long stretches of empty, snow covered wilderness would do to a person's perspective.

TheKingpin28
January 8th, 2017, 02:37 PM
You played against good players?

Bravo...now you want NDSU lumped in with the clowns from those MEAC teams that brag that they played against ________ who spent time in the NFL. Yup, you're in really good company when you get to MEAC level bragging territory. xthumbsupx

Maybe your games against DSU and Ferris State (isn't that a prison) sparked that comparison.

And you played the reigning Big12 champs? xeyebrowx

Whew...talk about living off past reputations...you must be part of the NDSU posse that likes to say they beat a highly ranked GSU team...only to find that they played against an overrated shell of a team. xlolx

Congrats. I always wondered what staring at long stretches of empty, snow covered wilderness would do to a person's perspective.

I'm not sure which is the better response.

This:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uq-v1TTUyhM

or

This:

http://i.imgur.com/0mw1I8e.gif

Drblankstare
January 8th, 2017, 06:18 PM
The word of the day is perspective. JMU just won the chipper with a really good team. Let's sit down and relax before we rate them in history. Same thing had to happen with the 2013 Bison team.

Bisonoline
January 8th, 2017, 07:34 PM
JMU is the best CAA champion since 2003 Delaware. Their roster is loaded with talent and Houston put it together perfectly. I would put it up against Bison title team except 2013. I think this year's JMU team is better than 2014 and 2015 NDSU. 2011 and 2012 would be interesting.

2016 JMU, 2013 NDSU, 2007 App State, 2003 Delaware and 2000 GSU are the Top 5 teams of the 2000's imo

JMU has an excellent team. I dont know if I would rate them that high. As I have stated earlier in the year NDSU wasnt as good as they have been in the past. With that thought in mind JMU didnt roll us. As a matter of fact if you go back if it werent for the big plays its a different game. Now the big plays count dont get me wrong.

In a week or two Im going to go back and watch that game again. From that I will be able to see if what I remember actually matches up to what I see now..

JMUs corners are special!!! That wont change.

YoUDeeMan
January 8th, 2017, 09:24 PM
JMU has an excellent team. I dont know if I would rate them that high. As I have stated earlier in the year NDSU wasnt as good as they have been in the past. With that thought in mind JMU didnt roll us. As a matter of fact if you go back if it werent for the big plays its a different game. Now the big plays count dont get me wrong.

In a week or two Im going to go back and watch that game again. From that I will be able to see if what I remember actually matches up to what I see now..

You got steamrolled. The game really wasn't close.

On the road JMU beats you by 30. xnodx

BisonFan02
January 8th, 2017, 09:39 PM

......but not YSU on a "neutral" site?

344Johnson
January 8th, 2017, 09:57 PM
Now high school kids these days have to decide would they rather play for the Gophers who will continually be mediocre, or compete year in and year out for a D1 National Title, it is easy to decide.

Can you give us even one name...one...high school kid who has chosen NDSU or any Dakota school over a scholarship from the Gophers? I think you are right, it's really easy for them to decide..just not the way you think it is.

Bisonoline
January 8th, 2017, 10:17 PM

Dont know if youre trying to convince me or yourself. I think you guys have been steamrolled for so many years now you have forgotten the true meaning and just cant keep the word out of any conversation. :D

TheKingpin28
January 8th, 2017, 11:58 PM
Can you give us even one name...one...high school kid who has chosen NDSU or any Dakota school over a scholarship from the Gophers? I think you are right, it's really easy for them to decide..just not the way you think it is.

Sean Engel out of Chaska.

But you should know that.

F'N Hawks
January 9th, 2017, 06:16 AM
Sean Engel out of Chaska.

But you should know that.

When did Minnesota offer him? Never saw that.

Bison Fan in NW MN
January 9th, 2017, 06:28 AM

Oh, gotta love Capt. After the Fact spread some knowledge...xlolx

JMU deserved to win that game but calling it "got steamrolled" is hilarious.

Hopefully by the time the '18 opener comes around that UD is respectable and puts up a decent fight in the inevitable blowout loss for them.

Gangtackle11
January 9th, 2017, 06:35 AM

I believe Reynolds graduates, but Moreland is back. Oliver is also back.

That was the biggest thing I noticed seeing SDSU up close, along with NDSU & YSU that they need to find faster receivers & skill players against talented defensive teams.

#19 on SDSU had no separation against Nova's quick DBs & was a non-factor (3 catches for 39 yards). The TE was another story. A hyped SADSU offense that ran wild in the MVFC was relegated to 10 points albeit enough to beat a pathetic Villanova offensive performance.

JMU showed the same in their 2 wins vs. MVFC opponents. The MVFC this season reminded me of what they said about the Big Ten. Big & strong, but not so quick. BIG TEN for years got exposed often in bowl games against faster SEC/PAC-10/12 teams.

I personally love smash mouth football & the use of a blocking FB, but at least for this year JMU solved the run game of the MVFC & exposed the lack of speed in the passing games. Maybe next season.

That said I suspect NDSU will go far next season especially if they stay home in the dome & SADSU will complain about being sent to Fargo. xpeacex

Bison Fan in NW MN
January 9th, 2017, 06:42 AM
I believe Reynolds graduates, but Moreland is back. Oliver is also back.

That was the biggest thing I noticed seeing SDSU up close, along with NDSU & YSU that they need to find faster receivers against talented defensive teams. #19 on SDSU had no separation against Nova's quick DBs & was a non-factor (3 catches for 39 yards). The TE was another story.
A hyped SDSU offense that ran wild in the MVFC was relegated to 10 points albeit enough to beat a pathetic Villanova offensive performance.

JMU showed the same in their 2 wins vs. MVFC opponents. MVFC reminds me of what they said about the Big Ten. Big & strong, but not so quick. BIG TEN for years got exposed often in bowl games against faster SEC/PAC-10/12 teams.

I personally love smash mouth football & the use of a blocking FB, but at least for this year JMU solved the run game of the MVFC & exposed the lack of speed in the passing games. Maybe next season.

Cannot argue with the WR analysis. NDSU needs to recruit or develop WRs that can get separation from talented DBs. They don't have to run a 4.3 but NDSU needs to find some that are not all 5-11 and under 200 lbs.

Granted most FCS teams will not have a defensive backfield like JMU has but having your WR group all being "possession" or "slot" WRs is not the way to go. NDSU needs a good deep threat also.

Gil Dobie
January 9th, 2017, 06:56 AM
Bring a little Sagarin into the thread to spice things up. National Champion in Bold.

2003 Season
#40 Delaware 76.15
#77 WIU 66.20
#78 SIU 66.19
#78 UNI 66.06
#84 Montana 65.23

2004 Season
#69 App St 69.29
#87 UNI 65.48
#89 Illinois St 64.95
#90 Texas St 64.69
#98 SIU 62.50

2006 Sagarin
#53 App St 73.36
#57 NDSU 71.81
#59 Mass 71.24
#70 Montana 68.63
#71 Youngstown 68.55

#44 App St 75.73
#62 UNI 72.33
#67 Richmond 70.13
#71 NDSU 68.80
#73 Delaware 68.64

#41 Richmond 76.23
#45 James Madison 74.98
#62 Montana 71.53
#63 Villanova 71.24
#69 App St 70.00

#30 Villanova 78.74
#49 William & Mary 75.19
#59 Montana 71.73
#60 Richmond 71.25
#76 App St 68.12

#52 Delaware 72.88
#57 Villanova 72.42
#58 E Washington 72.40
#72 Georgia Southern 67.84
#75 App St 67.62

#37 NDSU 76.60
#62 Sam Houston 70.59
#63 Montana 70.56
#75 UNI 68.20
#81 Georgia Southern 67.24

#35 NDSU 77.94
#63 Sam Houston 70.81
#72 Georgia Southern 68.44
#79 South Dakota State 66.59
#88 E Washington 64.51

#17 NDSU 86.38
#46 Eastern Illinois 75.23
#66 Towson 69.79
#79 E Washington 65.60
#84 SE Louisiana 64.81

#32 NDSU 79.73
#41 Illinois St 75.14
#55 UNI 72.15
#67 South Dakota State 69.09
#68 Coastal Carolina 68.49

#36 NDSU 77.77
#76 Illinois State 67.35
#77 UNI 67.35
#79 Jacksonville State 66.62
#89 South Dakota State 64.41

2016 Pre Championship Game
#39 JMU 76.54
#44 NDSU 75.60
#51 EWU 73.40
#60 YSU 70.73
#80 SDSU 66.28

Gangtackle11
January 9th, 2017, 06:58 AM
Cannot argue with the WR analysis. NDSU needs to recruit or develop WRs that can get separation from talented DBs. They don't have to run a 4.3 but NDSU needs to find some that are not all 5-11 and under 200 lbs.

Granted most FCS teams will not have a defensive backfield like JMU has but having your WR group all being "possession" or "slot" WRs is not the way to go. NDSU needs a good deep threat also.

Nova has the same issues on offense. I see it every week. Tall & fast equals FBS generally.

Noryan34
January 9th, 2017, 07:13 AM

I can't recall a speedy receiver for the Bison other than maybe Ryan Smith as a slot guy. They have had lots of slower receivers and it never has been a problem because the accuracy of the QB has been superb. Now we have a QB whose accuracy is lacking. At the high levels of football (aka deep in the playoffs) your going to be facing good teams, so to expect guys to be wide open is a fool's errand. In the JMU game I saw several times where our receivers had 1/2 step to a step on the DBs and the ball wound up at their feet or behind them. WR speed isn't the only issue at play here.

As far as defense goes, the RPO has always been an Achilles heel for the Bison D, someone finally had the horses to pull it off in the playoffs. As a side note: I feel like every game the Bison played this year was against the damn spread option. Soon they will be the only ones left that have a QB that can take a snap under center.

Gil Dobie
January 9th, 2017, 07:18 AM
I can't recall a speedy receiver for the Bison other than maybe Ryan Smith as a slot guy. They have had lots of slower receivers and it never has been a problem because the accuracy of the QB has been superb. Now we have a QB whose accuracy is lacking. At the high levels of football (aka deep in the playoffs) your going to be facing good teams, so to expect guys to be wide open is a fool's errand. In the JMU game I saw several times where our receivers had 1/2 step to a step on the DBs and the ball wound up at their feet or behind them. WR speed isn't the only issue at play here.

As far as defense goes, the RPO has always been an Achilles heel for the Bison D, someone finally had the horses to pull it off in the playoffs. As a side note: I feel like every game the Bison played this year was against the damn spread option. Soon they will be the only ones left that have a QB that can take a snap under center.

Around 10 years ago the Bison had Allen Burrell, school record in the 100 and Marques Johnson, All-American in the 60 and 200 at WR. Used to be a lot of Football/Track duo's on the team.

YoUDeeMan
January 9th, 2017, 07:22 AM
......but not YSU on a "neutral" site?

Historians, with your simple mindset, will look at the score and imagine a closer game, when nothing could be farther from the truth. YSU had no shot and was beaten like a pimp's low end offering.

JMU toyed with YSU all night long and YSU didn't play to win once they got down by 21. What team, down 21 points, uses all of their play clock and doesn't play hurry up? xeyebrowx

Bo Diddly played to keep his team from being embarrassed. And THAT was embarrassing.

JMU played along with that slow pace because winning a chipper with some class is worth more than embarrassing an old, angry man that represents a school from a dead city.

Gangtackle11
January 9th, 2017, 07:25 AM
Bring a little Sagarin into the thread to spice things up. National Champion in Bold.

2003 Season
#40 Delaware 76.15
#77 WIU 66.20
#78 SIU 66.19
#78 UNI 66.06
#84 Montana 65.23

2004 Season
#69 App St 69.29
#87 UNI 65.48
#89 Illinois St 64.95
#90 Texas St 64.69
#98 SIU 62.50

2006 Sagarin
#53 App St 73.36
#57 NDSU 71.81
#59 Mass 71.24
#70 Montana 68.63
#71 Youngstown 68.55

#44 App St 75.73
#62 UNI 72.33
#67 Richmond 70.13
#71 NDSU 68.80
#73 Delaware 68.64

#41 Richmond 76.23
#45 James Madison 74.98
#62 Montana 71.53
#63 Villanova 71.24
#69 App St 70.00

#30 Villanova 78.74
#49 William & Mary 75.19
#59 Montana 71.73
#60 Richmond 71.25
#76 App St 68.12

#52 Delaware 72.88
#57 Villanova 72.42
#58 E Washington 72.40
#72 Georgia Southern 67.84
#75 App St 67.62

#37 NDSU 76.60
#62 Sam Houston 70.59
#63 Montana 70.56
#75 UNI 68.20

#35 NDSU 77.94
#63 Sam Houston 70.81
#88 E Washington 64.51

#17 NDSU 86.38
#66 Towson 69.79
#79 E Washington 65.60
#84 SE Louisiana 64.81

#32 NDSU 79.73
#41 Illinois St 75.14
#55 UNI 72.15

#36 NDSU 77.77
#76 Illinois State 67.35
#77 UNI 67.35

#39 JMU 76.54
#44 NDSU 75.60
#51 EWU 73.40
#60 YSU 70.73
#80 SDSU 66.28

Not that I'm a big believer in Sagarin or Massey, but if you are then my Cats enter the conversation of best FCS teams of past 15 years. Actually the 2010 team had the potential to go back-to-back, but were decimated by injuries late that season & lost at EWU.

Noryan34
January 9th, 2017, 07:28 AM
Around 10 years ago the Bison had Allen Burrell, school record in the 100 and Marques Johnson, All-American in the 60 and 200 at WR. Used to be a lot of Football/Track duo's on the team.

Hmm, I even went to some of those games 10 years ago. All I recall is them being terrible, as a student I just remember everyone being so enamored by a B1G transfer we had to come play QB. Used to sit in the top row of the student section, drinking and not a single person was within 20 rows of us. Man have times changed. Probably don't remember anyone because; well, it was college after all.

YoUDeeMan
January 9th, 2017, 07:32 AM
Not that I'm a big believer in Sagarin or Massey, but if you are then my Cats enter the conversation of best FCS teams of past 15 years. Actually the 2010 team had the potential to go back-to-back, but were decimated by injuries late that season & lost at EWU.

Yeah, UD got ripped off by the chain gang.

UD has the strongest Sagarin number of all those teams...not their fault everyone else got comparatively worse. xlolx

Gangtackle11
January 9th, 2017, 07:41 AM
Yeah, UD got ripped off by the chain gang.

UD has the strongest Sagarin number of all those teams...not their fault everyone else got comparatively worse. xlolx

We beat #1 Delaware 28-21 in OT to get into the 16 team playoffs. Then destroyed #3 SFA down there & new #1 App St. in Boone, NC before bowing out 41-31 at new #1 EWU.

In the span of a month we played 3 #1 teams & a #3.

A Natty between Villanova & Delaware would have been the next game.

Gil Dobie
January 9th, 2017, 07:50 AM
Hmm, I even went to some of those games 10 years ago. All I recall is them being terrible, as a student I just remember everyone being so enamored by a B1G transfer we had to come play QB. Used to sit in the top row of the student section, drinking and not a single person was within 20 rows of us. Man have times changed. Probably don't remember anyone because; well, it was college after all.

I have endzone season tickets, and remember Marques catching a 1 handed bomb for a TD right in front of us. They may not even have been Bohl recruits.

semobison
January 9th, 2017, 08:23 AM

Johnson and Burrell both were both productive for NDSU in Bohl's early years but were recruited by Babich. The Montana game, Burrell on the reverse outrunning Montana to the edge for a TD. NDSU has had a long list through the years of track guys playing football, Robinson, Braxton, Tim Jacobsen, Burrell, Johnson. Since Bohl took over I don't recall any 2 sport Track/Football guys.

TheKingpin28
January 9th, 2017, 09:06 AM
When did Minnesota offer him? Never saw that.

They offered him sometime last January-February. It was a big deal that he wanted to come to NDSU over the Gophers. I remember that since the Star Tribune had a little snippet on him.

Christiank22
January 9th, 2017, 09:34 AM
Honestly the 2013 NDSU team would beat this JMU team by at minimum 2 TDs. The JMU run game would be held to under 100 yards total, no question about it. People don't realize just how good that 13 team was, it was, in my opinion, the best FCS team ever.

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

F'N Hawks
January 9th, 2017, 09:47 AM
They offered him sometime last January-February. It was a big deal that he wanted to come to NDSU over the Gophers. I remember that since the Star Tribune had a little snippet on him.

Hmmm, I'm gonna go ahead and say you are thinking of somebody else. No information out there suggesting they offered him at any point. Unless you have some.

Bison56
January 9th, 2017, 10:03 AM

Coming from the guy who said this.

SHSU offense (with Briscoe) > JMU offense

SHSU defense > JMU defense

centennial
January 9th, 2017, 10:18 AM
I think the big difference is the QB and the DB's. NDSU lost a couple of very good players to injuries. That caused the RPO to burn them quite a bit. The WR's were mostly okay, just that Easton just isn't close to Carson and Brock. He actually regressed from last year which is surprising. I wonder if he actually had a back injury that the commentators kept talking about. The backup QB is quite accurate, never even gave him a chance even in other games that NDSU had a hold of.

One other thing the coaching has dropped. The inability to run a 2 minute drive, the time management, and both the offensive play calling and defensive play calling was sub par. It's not like JMU did anything different from a bunch of other teams, yes they had better players but they clogged up the middle and then their recievers played man. All season NDSU played not to lose, afraid to take chances, afraid to step on the throat, that finally bit them.

On topic the 2013 team war better than anything I've seen in the FCS. Other teams vs JMU could be close depending on the planning and game.

Bisonator
January 9th, 2017, 10:26 AM
Tough to judge teams from different years but I would take the 2013 and 2014 NDSU teams over this years JMU squad. That 2013 team was just dominate except for the UNI game. Very balanced both offensively and defensively. The 2014 team did not have as good a defense but with Wentz and Crockett they were pretty potent offensively. Not to take anything away from this years JMU squad as they were clearly the best team in FCS this season. In fact I think they might be the best overall team NDSU has faced at the FCS level. Great combination of speed and power, great offense, defense and special teams.

grizband
January 9th, 2017, 12:41 PM
The 1996 Marshall team is probably the best FCS team ever assembled. Honestly, the 1996 Griz team is up there, too...

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

thebootfitter
January 9th, 2017, 01:28 PM
We beat #1 Delaware 28-21 in OT to get into the 16 team playoffs. Then destroyed #3 SFA down there & new #1 App St. in Boone, NC before bowing out 41-31 at new #1 EWU.

In the span of a month we played 3 #1 teams & a #3.

A Natty between Villanova & Delaware would have been the next game.
I think that's the same year that many EWU fans and players say that their game against the Bison was the toughest they played... including the chipper.

Gil Dobie
January 9th, 2017, 01:57 PM
The 1996 Marshall team is probably the best FCS team ever assembled. Honestly, the 1996 Griz team is up there, too...

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

1996 Marshall was #21 in Sagarin at 85.12
Montana was #45 at 75.80

Which means nothing more than a computer ranking means, but both were great teams.

Lehigh'98
January 9th, 2017, 01:59 PM
1996 Marshall was #21 in Sagarin at 85.12
Montana was #45 at 75.80

Which means nothing more than a computer ranking means, but both were great teams.

No one is stopping Moss, plus he had an NFL QB when he could actually throw over 20yds.

ysubigred
January 9th, 2017, 02:33 PM
Historians, with your simple mindset, will look at the score and imagine a closer game, when nothing could be farther from the truth. YSU had no shot and was beaten like a pimp's low end offering.

JMU toyed with YSU all night long and YSU didn't play to win once they got down by 21. What team, down 21 points, uses all of their play clock and doesn't play hurry up? xeyebrowx

Bo Diddly played to keep his team from being embarrassed. And THAT was embarrassing.

JMU played along with that slow pace because winning a chipper with some class is worth more than embarrassing an old, angry man that represents a school from a dead city.

Wow you are a dumb ass!! How did your blue ****ed up chickens do in the Championship game??

I though so! You're welcomexthumbsupx

Gil Dobie
January 9th, 2017, 02:41 PM
No one is stopping Moss, plus he had an NFL QB when he could actually throw over 20yds.

The key to stopping Moss would be getting to the QB. I would love to see the 2013 Bison vs the 1996 Marshall team.

ysubigred
January 9th, 2017, 02:43 PM
The key to stopping Moss would be getting to the QB. I would love to see the 2013 Bison vs the 1996 Marshall team.

I'd put $5k on the Bison!

Lehigh'98
January 9th, 2017, 03:27 PM

I could see NDSU winning the game by ball control, time killing possesions, but I couldn't see them stopping Moss in any significant way with Pennington at the helm. How much better was the Bison Dline than the Montana Dline that played that year?

ysubigred
January 9th, 2017, 03:34 PM
I could see NDSU winning the game by ball control, time killing possesions, but I couldn't see them stopping Moss in any significant way with Pennington at the helm. How much better was the Bison Dline than the Montana Dline that played that year?

Com'mon Man!!

UNIFanSince1983
January 9th, 2017, 03:37 PM

Eric Kresser was the QB that year. They redshirted Pennington in 1996. Either way that team was unstoppable. However, we cannot forget they had home field all throughout the playoffs including the Championship game. UNI had a damn good team in 96 and got walked on by Moss.

Gil Dobie
January 9th, 2017, 03:44 PM

Emanual was the 2014 Buchanan winner, Drevlow as All-Conference. Had a great bunch of D-Backs, 2 all-conference in 2013 and the 3rd in 2014, and all-conference LB, with 2 others in 2014.

Lehigh'98
January 9th, 2017, 03:49 PM
Emanual was the 2014 Buchanan winner, Drevlow as All-Conference. Had a great bunch of D-Backs, 2 all-conference in 2013 and the 3rd in 2014, and all-conference LB, with 2 others in 2014. Moss being a top 3 receiver to ever play football, I would still think he has his way with the Bison D. K. State hit some deep balls on you guys if I remember correctly.

POD Knows
January 9th, 2017, 03:52 PM
Moss being a top 3 receiver to ever play football, I would still think he has his way with the Bison D. K. State hit some deep balls on you guys if I remember correctly.

You are probably right but it is a team game, who knows how the other 10 would match up.

Lehigh'98
January 9th, 2017, 03:55 PM
You are probably right but it is a team game, who knows how the other 10 would match up. I could see the Bison grinding out a W, but I don't think I'd make them the favorite. Moss had a pretty big chip on his shoulder that year too. We will never know anyway, it's all just message board fodder.

centennial
January 9th, 2017, 04:04 PM
I could see the Bison grinding out a W, but I don't think I'd make them the favorite. Moss had a pretty big chip on his shoulder that year too. We will never know anyway, it's all just message board fodder.

You also realize that athletes as a whole have gotten bigger, stronger, faster. Of course it doesn't work for NFL greats but the other 22 players are a step above the 90's players. We might be slowing down on the gains but there is a difference. Comparing across generations isn't fair. NDSU 2013 team 20 years ago- really hard to say how they would compare, could perhaps compare to a top 10 FBS team in 1995. We just don't know.

POD Knows
January 9th, 2017, 05:38 PM
I could see the Bison grinding out a W, but I don't think I'd make them the favorite. Moss had a pretty big chip on his shoulder that year too. We will never know anyway, it's all just message board fodder.

Moss would have had 350 receiving yards against this years Bison D

cx500d
January 9th, 2017, 05:56 PM
They also had two NFL cornerbacks in Marcus and CJ that would shut down the pass.

TheKingpin28
January 9th, 2017, 05:56 PM
Moss would have had 350 receiving yards against this years Bison D

He would have won them the game. Don't sell him too short.

BisonFan02
January 9th, 2017, 06:23 PM
The 2013 Bison team is the GOAT. An absolute stupid amount of talent and depth at all positions.

344Johnson
January 9th, 2017, 09:31 PM

His scout page doesn't have an offer listed. I've never even heard of the guy though.

BisonFan02
January 9th, 2017, 09:58 PM
His scout page doesn't have an offer listed. I've never even heard of the guy though.

You lost me at Scout.

TheKingpin28
January 9th, 2017, 10:01 PM

Scout page? The guy was wanted by Wyoming, USD (mixed reports about SDSU), Minnesota, UNI, SIU, WIU, and rumor has it Iowa State. He is no slouch and a hell of a get for NDSU.

Bisonoline
January 9th, 2017, 10:09 PM
Scout page? The guy was wanted by Wyoming, USD (mixed reports about SDSU), Minnesota, UNI, SIU, WIU, and rumor has it Iowa State. He is no slouch and a hell of a get for NDSU.

Who is this?

F'N Hawks
January 9th, 2017, 10:12 PM
LOL. So Engel had mystery offers from Minnesota and Iowa State that only you know about. Got it.

344Johnson
January 9th, 2017, 10:12 PM

Yes? Scout? You know...one of the big recruiting websites?
Bisonation.info doesn't list an offer from Minnesota either . Literally the only place I've been able to find anything about Minnesota is from you.

Go Lehigh TU owl
January 9th, 2017, 10:26 PM
Moss being a top 3 receiver to ever play football, I would still think he has his way with the Bison D. K. State hit some deep balls on you guys if I remember correctly.

The Montana team Marshall smoked was VERY good! The stretch from '90 to that Marshall team in '96 was a golden age for FCS/1AA football. The level of play, coaching and talent was excellent during that time period. I liked the CBS network broadcasts too. Those games had a big time feel when the title was in Huntington.

Go Lehigh TU owl
January 9th, 2017, 10:30 PM
You also realize that athletes as a whole have gotten bigger, stronger, faster. Of course it doesn't work for NFL greats but the other 22 players are a step above the 90's players. We might be slowing down on the gains but there is a difference. Comparing across generations isn't fair. NDSU 2013 team 20 years ago- really hard to say how they would compare, could perhaps compare to a top 10 FBS team in 1995. We just don't know.

The size difference is amazing! The OL of that Marshall team probably averaged in the 270 the range. It's a completely different game. I watch old Youtube games and OL sizes of the players in the early to mid 90's is drastically different. There were some teams, Washington, Notre Dame, USC and Michigan comes to mind that had huge lines. FSU and Miami did not. FSU had a center who was in his 240s and a guard in the 250s during the '91 season. Miami's OT in '92 was 247 iirc.

TheKingpin28
January 9th, 2017, 10:44 PM
Who is this?

Played both the #1 and #3 for WR positions.

http://bisonation.info/wr-sean-engel-chaska-mn-2016-offer/

Other Offers: FBS: Wyoming FCS: UNI, SDSU, SIU, USD, WIU, Cornell, Bucknell
HS: Chaska (https://goo.gl/maps/kIW9x)
Height: 6’5″
Weight: 203
Prim. Position: WR
Sec. Position: FS
40 Yard Dash: 4.57
Bench Press: 205
Squat: 315

TheKingpin28
January 9th, 2017, 10:46 PM
Yes? Scout? You know...one of the big recruiting websites?
Bisonation.info doesn't list an offer from Minnesota either . Literally the only place I've been able to find anything about Minnesota is from you.

Check 24/7 Sports for his page. I know what a Scout is. I was being sarcastic since you did not know who he was. Just cause bisonnation info does not have it does not make it un-true.

- - - Updated - - -

LOL. So Engel had mystery offers from Minnesota and Iowa State that only you know about. Got it.

Do about 5 minutes of research and you would be surprised what you can find.

344Johnson
January 9th, 2017, 10:50 PM
Check 24/7 Sports for his page. I know what a Scout is. I was being sarcastic since you did not know who he was. Just cause bisonnation info does not have it does not make it un-true.

- - - Updated - - -

Do about 5 minutes of research and you would be surprised what you can find.

247 specifically says no offer from Minnesota. Do about 5 minutes of research, you'll be surprised what you find.

TheKingpin28
January 9th, 2017, 10:50 PM
His older brother played for the Gophers and they wanted him in his Junior year but chose against it. Again, do about 5 minutes of research and you would be surprised what you can come up with.

Not directed at you Bisonoline, it is for the Sioux fan and our resident 344

- - - Updated - - -

247 specifically says no offer from Minnesota. Do about 5 minutes of research, you'll be surprised what you find.

Exactly, which means you need to check other sources.

Bisonoline
January 9th, 2017, 10:52 PM
His older brother played for the Gophers and they wanted him in his Junior year but chose against it. Again, do about 5 minutes of research and you would be surprised what you can come up with.

- - - Updated - - -

No problem. Where did the kid end up?

344Johnson
January 9th, 2017, 10:55 PM

- - - Updated - - -

I have yet to find a source that indicates he received an offer. Forgive us for not taking your word.

TheKingpin28
January 9th, 2017, 10:58 PM
No problem. Where did the kid end up?

He signed with the Bison over the other schools. This kid was a steal and if Stick can get his passing game going, watch out for this kid. I know I seem high on this kid, but his measurables for WR his size are hard to ignore. Think Zach Vraa hands combined with Ryan Smith's abilities. With his size, he should win the 50/50 balls which should open up the running game just that much more.

TheKingpin28
January 9th, 2017, 11:07 PM
It has been awhile since the Bison had a solid Big Possession WR who can also get down the field fast. Maybe Vraa, but he was hampered by injuries throughout his career. Warren Holloway was a solid possession receiver but I do not remember him being a burner. I am trying to think. Ryan Smith was awesome but small and had to stay in the slot.

BisonFan02
January 9th, 2017, 11:09 PM
It has been awhile since the Bison had a solid Big Possession WR who can also get down the field fast. Maybe Vraa, but he was hampered by injuries throughout his career. Warren Holloway was a solid possession receiver but I do not remember him being a burner. I am trying to think. Ryan Smith was awesome but small and had to stay in the slot.

Slow the roll for now....kid redshirted, and he should have been able to see the field. Time will tell.

centennial
January 9th, 2017, 11:30 PM
He signed with the Bison over the other schools. This kid was a steal and if Stick can get his passing game going, watch out for this kid. I know I seem high on this kid, but his measurables for WR his size are hard to ignore. Think Zach Vraa hands combined with Ryan Smith's abilities. With his size, he should win the 50/50 balls which should open up the running game just that much more.
Stick can throw? I don't know where this thread has devolved into about if a recruit had a offer from MN.

344Johnson
January 10th, 2017, 07:02 AM
Stick can throw? I don't know where this thread has devolved into about if a recruit had a offer from MN.

I'll show ya...

Now high school kids these days have to decide would they rather play for the Gophers who will continually be mediocre, or compete year in and year out for a D1 National Title, it is easy to decide.

Here. This gentleman claims NDSU is now winning recruiting battles against the Gophers...even though he can't prove it. Super secret scholarship offers.

Gangtackle11
January 10th, 2017, 07:12 AM

One that ran a pedestrian 4.74 laser timed 40 @ Nike Invitational. 6-5 200. Sounds like a TE in the making once he gets in the weight room like the UND guys. xpeacex

JMUisat14
January 10th, 2017, 07:18 AM
#37 NDSU 76.60
#62 Sam Houston 70.59
#63 Montana 70.56
#75 UNI 68.20

#35 NDSU 77.94
#63 Sam Houston 70.81
#88 E Washington 64.51

#17 NDSU 86.38
#66 Towson 69.79
#79 E Washington 65.60
#84 SE Louisiana 64.81

#32 NDSU 79.73
#41 Illinois St 75.14
#55 UNI 72.15

#36 NDSU 77.77
#76 Illinois State 67.35
#77 UNI 67.35

#39 JMU 76.54
#44 NDSU 75.60
#51 EWU 73.40
#60 YSU 70.73
#80 SDSU 66.28

JMU now ranked #33 on Sagarin, #27 on Massey. xthumbsupx

F'N Hawks
January 10th, 2017, 08:48 AM
One that ran a pedestrian 4.74 laser timed 40 @ Nike Invitational. 6-5 200. Sounds like a TE in the making once he gets in the weight room like the UND guys. xpeacex

He wishes. Gonna have to keep doing jazzercise down there, the plates are all being used up north.

Lehigh'98
January 10th, 2017, 09:14 AM
The Montana team Marshall smoked was VERY good! The stretch from '90 to that Marshall team in '96 was a golden age for FCS/1AA football. The level of play, coaching and talent was excellent during that time period. I liked the CBS network broadcasts too. Those games had a big time feel when the title was in Huntington.

I agree, they were big time! Loved the broadcasts of those games in WV. Although growing up in Youngstown, I may have been a little biased. I also love that 30/30 they did on Moss, Rand U. Those HS highlights were hilarious.

Bison56
January 10th, 2017, 10:52 AM

No one can get in a weight room like UND guys do.

Bison56
January 10th, 2017, 10:53 AM

He is slow.

centennial
January 10th, 2017, 10:56 AM
No one can get in a weight room like UND guys do.
If you ever drive past Grand Forks you'll hear grunting, it's the UND players pissed off that they were left out of the playoffs last year. I hear they drink muscle milk 8 times a day.

F'N Hawks
January 10th, 2017, 10:59 AM
If you ever drive past Grand Forks you'll hear grunting, it's the UND players pissed off that they were left out of the playoffs last year. I hear they drink muscle milk 8 times a day.

You're about a year off with that joke, Chief. Do better. Be better.

Bison56
January 10th, 2017, 11:00 AM

https://i.imgflip.com/pifgk.jpg (https://www.google.com/url?sa=i&rct=j&q=&esrc=s&source=images&cd=&cad=rja&uact=8&ved=0ahUKEwjkjcfIhrjRAhUljlQKHYeBC40QjRwIBw&url=https%3A%2F%2Fimgflip.com%2Fi%2Fpifgk&psig=AFQjCNFk_DyvH1VbLWk9IIm0KKf6hXgMmQ&ust=1484153841542730)

POD Knows
January 10th, 2017, 11:58 AM
https://i.imgflip.com/pifgk.jpg (https://www.google.com/url?sa=i&rct=j&q=&esrc=s&source=images&cd=&cad=rja&uact=8&ved=0ahUKEwjkjcfIhrjRAhUljlQKHYeBC40QjRwIBw&url=https%3A%2F%2Fimgflip.com%2Fi%2Fpifgk&psig=AFQjCNFk_DyvH1VbLWk9IIm0KKf6hXgMmQ&ust=1484153841542730)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=37VebUxrbKI

mango433
January 10th, 2017, 12:42 PM

You just compared a will be redshirt freshman with two really good receivers (I don't know enough about NDSU history but they are some of the best I can remember)? Slow down dude.

If Minnesota actually offered (which looking at every sight--Scout, Rivals, 247--they didn't), he probably takes it.

TheKingpin28
January 10th, 2017, 05:17 PM
You just compared a will be redshirt freshman with two really good receivers (I don't know enough about NDSU history but they are some of the best I can remember)? Slow down dude.

If Minnesota actually offered (which looking at every sight--Scout, Rivals, 247--they didn't), he probably takes it.

Vraa had 6 years and Carson Wentz/Brock Jensen throwing to him. Of course he was going to be good. Smith was arguably the best WR in North Dakota his year. This kid has records at his school and is damn good. I look forward to when I can pinpoint this and prove to everyone how big of a steal this was.

Silenoz
January 10th, 2017, 05:42 PM
Weak

344Johnson
January 10th, 2017, 09:40 PM
Vraa had 6 years and Carson Wentz/Brock Jensen throwing to him. Of course he was going to be good. Smith was arguably the best WR in North Dakota his year. This kid has records at his school and is damn good. I look forward to when I can pinpoint this and prove to everyone how big of a steal this was.

Ryan Smith was not even a WR in high school.

I think he was an RB until his sophomore year of college.

mmiller_34
January 10th, 2017, 11:32 PM

http://gifsec.com/wp-content/uploads/GIF/2015/07/So-Stupid.gif

I DO DECLARE that if were able to gather a team of all the best MVFC players we might be able to compete with JMU this year.

Serious, who gives a ****.

mmiller_34
January 10th, 2017, 11:34 PM
You're about a year off with that joke, Chief. Do better. Be better.

It will never go away and you need to know that.

Its like this:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pVENWl8uBeg

F'N Hawks
January 11th, 2017, 08:29 AM

Its like this:

Never said it was going to go away. I want it around. Just stating his attempt at humor was a year off as UND made the playoffs this year. He needs to stay fresh and be better.

Bison56
January 11th, 2017, 10:07 AM
Never said it was going to go away. I want it around. Just stating his attempt at humor was a year off as UND made the playoffs this year. He needs to stay fresh and be better.

http://i674.photobucket.com/albums/vv103/oshari/fresh.gif (http://www.google.com/url?sa=i&rct=j&q=&esrc=s&source=images&cd=&cad=rja&uact=8&ved=0ahUKEwj_sK3WvLrRAhUM_4MKHWd7Bi0QjRwIBw&url=http%3A%2F%2Fdump.fm%2Frainydaze%2F2012-06-01%2F7620953&bvm=bv.143423383,d.cGw&psig=AFQjCNFobyJ7L611VmfkpLNJCR0Xa8Y4Sg&ust=1484237050048858)

centennial
January 11th, 2017, 11:35 AM
UND made the playoffs? I guess your team didn't get the memo. What a choke job..

F'N Hawks
January 11th, 2017, 11:55 AM
UND made the playoffs? I guess your team didn't get the memo. What a choke job..

Good one. xembarrassedx

Bison56
January 11th, 2017, 05:04 PM

UND sucks

January 11th, 2017, 06:08 PM
I thank all of you on your opinion. Some of it was well thought out and informative, using stats to support your position. Others...... well I hope all had fun with this.

70MilesFromCanada
January 11th, 2017, 10:52 PM
I'd put $5k on the Bison!

No you wouldn't. xsmhx

70MilesFromCanada
January 11th, 2017, 10:55 PM
UND sucks

R U OLD? U talk OLD. :p

Hammerhead
January 12th, 2017, 01:44 PM
Not as old as the sign in Ralph Englestad Arena that says "You're in Sioux Country" when you aren't the Sioux anymore. :)

R U OLD? U talk OLD. :p

70MilesFromCanada
January 12th, 2017, 06:58 PM
Not as old as the sign in Ralph Englestad Arena that says "You're in Sioux Country" when you aren't the Sioux anymore. :)

Hmmm...I proved in the AGS Bracket Challenge that I am math challenged BUT if the Ralph was opened in Oct. 2001, that means you are a maximum of 15 years old. That explains your posts. 😂

Bisonoline
January 12th, 2017, 07:06 PM
Hmmm...I proved in the AGS Bracket Challenge that I am math challenged BUT if the Ralph was opened in Oct. 2001, that means you are a maximum of 15 years old. That explains your posts. 

So you admit to getting your chops busted by a 15 year old? Seems about right.

cx500d
January 13th, 2017, 06:38 PM

Its like this:

And this:
http://www.anygivensaturday.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=24369&stc=1

BEAR
January 13th, 2017, 08:27 PM
UCA National Champion? Saw this funny on twitter: You could say that about any team that beat Illinois State though...

QT College Football Playoff System

January 10, 2017 1:01 pm (http://zaysmith.com/2017/01/10/qt-college-football-playoff-system-3/) | Zay Smith (http://zaysmith.com/author/miragedad/)
http://zaysmith.com/wp-content/uploads/2017/01/CFP-300x169.jpg (http://zaysmith.com/wp-content/uploads/2017/01/CFP.jpg)
News Headline: (http://www.patriotledger.com/sports/20170110/clemson-beats-alabama-to-claim-national-title)“Clemson beats Alabama to claim national title.”
Not so fast there.
During the 2016 college football season:
Central Arkansas beat Illinois State.
Which beat Northwestern.
Which beat Pitt.
Which beat Clemson.
Hail Central Arkansas!
National College Football Champions!

cx500d
January 13th, 2017, 10:04 PM
UCA National Champion? Saw this funny on twitter: You could say that about any team that beat Illinois State though...

QT College Football Playoff System

January 10, 2017 1:01 pm (http://zaysmith.com/2017/01/10/qt-college-football-playoff-system-3/) | Zay Smith (http://zaysmith.com/author/miragedad/)
http://zaysmith.com/wp-content/uploads/2017/01/CFP-300x169.jpg (http://zaysmith.com/wp-content/uploads/2017/01/CFP.jpg)
News Headline: (http://www.patriotledger.com/sports/20170110/clemson-beats-alabama-to-claim-national-title)“Clemson beats Alabama to claim national title.”
Not so fast there.
During the 2016 college football season:
Central Arkansas beat Illinois State.
Which beat Northwestern.
Which beat Pitt.
Which beat Clemson.
Hail Central Arkansas!
National College Football Champions!

Yep. Its pretty compelling, that Transitive Property.