PDA

View Full Version : Lafayette coach looks great and a ?

Little Stevie
December 27th, 2016, 01:08 PM
http://www.mcall.com/sports/college/mc-lafayette-names-new-football-coach-20161221-story.html

Looks like great hire.
What does the position pay and is it with endowed funds?

Little Stevie
December 27th, 2016, 01:13 PM
http://www.mcall.com/sports/college/mc-lafayette-names-new-football-coach-20161221-story.html

Looks like great hire.
Is the HC job an endowed salary? How much $$ does HC make?

Franks Tanks
December 27th, 2016, 01:20 PM

Looks like great hire.
Is the HC job an endowed salary? How much $$ does HC make?
Yes, it is endowed by F.M. Kirby, but not sure of Garrett's salary. The prior head coach was making in the area of 225k based on best guesses by people who know better than me, but possible Garrett is making more.

ngineer
December 27th, 2016, 09:03 PM
Yes, it is endowed by F.M. Kirby, but not sure of Garrett's salary. The prior head coach was making in the area of 225k based on best guesses by people who know better than me, but possible Garrett is making more.

I would be shocked if over $180K

Andy
December 28th, 2016, 09:49 AM
I would be shocked if over $180K

You may be right as T's salary didn't make the 5 "highest compensated employee" (non officer) list on the Form 990 for period ending 6/2014. Those figures got as low as about $215k.

The $225k figure was posted by "Xbo" on the LC board, he got that from a young "computer savvy" guy at a recent bball game who claimed to have researched it.

O'Hanlon, BTW, $342k total comp. ($350k 2015)

Dan Weiss, ex-LC pres who held up PL scholarships for awhile, received over $900k as a kind of going away present, I guess. He is now the president of The Metropolitan Museum of Art.

Fordham
December 28th, 2016, 11:23 AM
better days ahead for Lafayette, no doubt.

Andy
December 28th, 2016, 12:13 PM

We're hopeful. Thanks, Fordham. Garrett interviewing existing staff this week.

carney2
December 29th, 2016, 10:09 AM
We're hopeful. Thanks, Fordham. Garrett interviewing existing staff this week.

More than one or two retentions would not be good, considering where this program has been. Still, I got a lot more for Christmas in this package than I ever dared hope for, and I'm more than willing to let the next few years take their course.

ngineer
December 29th, 2016, 03:43 PM

Can't get much worse. I would suspect Garrett retains no more than two from current staff, and possibly very "youngins" at that, i.e. not around so long to have deep ties to "the way we did things around here" mentality. The initial key will be recruiting. LC just seems not to have gotten much out of the scholarship era recruiting yet.

LeopardBall10
December 30th, 2016, 07:28 AM
Can't get much worse. I would suspect Garrett retains no more than two from current staff, and possibly very "youngins" at that, i.e. not around so long to have deep ties to "the way we did things around here" mentality. The initial key will be recruiting. LC just seems not to have gotten much out of the scholarship era recruiting yet.

I fully expect the whole staff to be gone, but there is an outside shot that someone like Dell or McFadden are kept on. Dell is a Lafayette grad, played on a championship team and has been coaching the DL for the last few years. McFadden has a great rapport with the players, especially the minority players, and he is a great teacher of the game.

Pards Rule
January 8th, 2017, 02:38 PM
Gunnard Twyner formerly of Bengals and Arena named WR coach and Gordon Sammis of VMI will take OL coaching duties. John Garrett filling out the staff.