PDA

View Full Version : FCS Festivus- AIRING OF GRIEVANCES!

Bucs2016
December 24th, 2016, 02:40 PM
Yeah I'm a day late who cares it's FCS Festivus! "FC-estivus"!! We already had the Feats Of Strength and JMU/YSU won.

Now it's time for the Airing of Grievances. I've got a lot of problems with you people and now you're gonna hear about em!!

1. Wofford get some helmet decals already
2. VMI a kangaroo isn't an acceptable mascot change it
3. Coastal Carolina...Just Say Not to Teal Turf
4. Sam Houston is a person not a state SHSU!
5. Citadel why do you annoy rich neighbors with that dang cannon!? Stop!
6. CSU, yes, my team, fix the damn stadium! Serenity now!!
7. NDSU stop being selfish and greedy! Share!!!
8. Western & Eastern & Northern & Southern Illinois this is getting ridiculous just merge already
9. Chattanooga is your mascot a train or bird or snake!?!?! Decide!
10. North Alabama you're D1 now oh congrats welcome whoopdee-do nobody cares purple is ugly anyway

You people can fill out the other 100+ grievances I'm tired.
SERENITY NOW!

Drblankstare
December 24th, 2016, 03:44 PM
James Madison was C list founding father

Bill
December 24th, 2016, 03:55 PM
Dr., I must disagree there.

While some may not like his name sake's college football team, he is definitely no C list founding father. Anyone who was a co-author of the federalist papers is an A lister to me!

ST_Lawson
December 24th, 2016, 04:19 PM
My grievance....our defense.

Go...gate
December 24th, 2016, 06:12 PM
Colgate, please go back to the uniform style from the Wheelright/Dunlap years.

Less is more.

UNHWildcat18
December 24th, 2016, 07:07 PM
UNH please rebuild the missing stands from the away side (make the field house expansion around it)
Bryant win the NEC already, get some lights and turf while your at it.
UMAINE, your mascot's name is banana bear hahahaha squids
JMU-stop trying to be Oregon, some of the uni's are hideous (win the NC though for the CAA xthumbsupx)
Patriot league fans-make your own threads to rabble on about PL stuff xdrunkyx
UNH please tell Carty to stop trying to be the next chip Kelly

Bucs2016
December 25th, 2016, 04:04 AM
UNH please rebuild the missing stands from the away side (make the field house expansion around it)
Bryant win the NEC already, get some lights and turf while your at it.
UMAINE, your mascot's name is banana bear hahahaha squids
JMU-stop trying to be Oregon, some of the uni's are hideous (win the NC though for the CAA xthumbsupx)
Patriot league fans-make your own threads to rabble on about PL stuff xdrunkyx
UNH please tell Carty to stop trying to be the next chip Kelly

Yes! Air em out! Serenity now!

Bucs2016
December 25th, 2016, 05:45 AM
I don't have a steel pole to raise for FCS Festivus but if I did I'm sure our kicker would hit it.

So while I'm at it...

Ivy League join the playoffs already. Get what's coming to you!

Milktruck74
December 25th, 2016, 08:05 AM
MEAC and SWAC if you are not going to participate in the playoffs (with your best teams) just get out. You really aren't FCS level, so just leave the NCAA altogether and form your own league where grades and graduation don't really count.

Panther88
December 25th, 2016, 09:33 AM
MEAC and SWAC if you are not going to participate in the playoffs (with your best teams) just get out. You really aren't FCS level, so just leave the NCAA altogether and form your own league where grades and graduation don't really count.

Huh?????

Laker
December 25th, 2016, 09:39 AM
Anyone allergic to cat hair?

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/C0iBG2FVIAExioE.jpg

caribbeanhen
December 25th, 2016, 09:41 AM

what about the White Ivories? errr I mean Ivy leagues...haha

Milktruck74
December 25th, 2016, 09:48 AM
what about the White Ivories? errr I mean Ivy leagues...haha

Yeah, them too.

Longhorn
December 25th, 2016, 12:43 PM
James Madison was C list founding father

"C" list? As in being commonly known as "The Father of the Constitution"?

FWIW, he's the only "Commander in Chief" who actually took to the field during a war.

You're going to have to up your weak-sauce smack if you're trying to denegrate James Madison as a founding father.

Bucs2016
December 25th, 2016, 12:56 PM

FWIW, he's the only "Commander in Chief" who actually took to the field during a war.

You're going to have to up your weak-sauce smack if you're trying to denegrate James Madison as a founding father.

Now this is a Festivus!

WestCoastAggie
December 25th, 2016, 01:02 PM

Taking a look at viewership of the Celebration Bowl and being on ABC, viewers along with ESPN/Disney view us HBCU's on a higher level than the rest of the FCS sub-division.

The irony...

Bucs2016
December 25th, 2016, 01:37 PM
Taking a look at viewership of the Celebration Bowl and being on ABC, viewers along with ESPN/Disney view us HBCU's on a higher level than the rest of the FCS sub-division.

The irony...

Oh joy it's an FC-estivus for the rest of us!

Go Lehigh TU owl
December 25th, 2016, 01:46 PM
Lehigh not having lights and having to travel to Durham!!

The performance put forth in the first round of the playoffs! That's not Lehigh football! Only SHSU's showing against JMU was worse. Be better next year guys!!

The first half performance against Monmouth to start the year!! That was hideous!!

To the defense still being average at best (really below average). The DC really should be gone!

One more...

The entire PL, including Lehigh, get better!! Holy Cross kept Gilmore?!?! WTH is that? At least Lafayette parted ways with Tavani. They'll be contenders imo if the administration doesn't screw it up. Fordham's defense is even worse than Lehigh's. Get that in order and you'd be a Top 20 team! Colgate is always up and down! Get some consistency and play an 11 game schedule!! Bucknell barely cares and Georgetown does not care!!

Milktruck74
December 25th, 2016, 02:15 PM

The irony...

They are their for the party....not the football.

BisonFan02
December 25th, 2016, 04:39 PM

The irony...

#FCSAffirmativeAction xlolx

Drblankstare
December 25th, 2016, 04:39 PM

British burn Washington to the ground

citdog
December 25th, 2016, 04:47 PM
British burn Washington to the ground

unfortunately it was rebuilt

Gangtackle11
December 25th, 2016, 04:53 PM

Dolly was a vixen back in the day. xpeacex

Drblankstare
December 25th, 2016, 05:22 PM
unfortunately it was rebuilt

Touche

Bucs2016
December 25th, 2016, 05:41 PM
East Tennessee State it's far past time that you finally play a game at Dollywood. And have Dolly be the coin toss guest. AND...create a new ETSU special logo for that game. With two twin mountain "peaks" like an M but more rounded. To honor Dolly of course. I'm angry that you haven't done this.

Austin Peak yeah I'm talking to you....rename yourself. You can't sound like the sanitation seweage wing of the City of Austin public works departmenr. Austin Pee Poop and Water.

Bucs2016
December 25th, 2016, 05:42 PM

xdrunkyx FC-estivus!!!

Thumper 76
December 25th, 2016, 07:21 PM

The irony...

Not sure what viewership has to do with it. You refuse to take part in what makes the FCS the FCS, then go and be a special subdivision of your own, and take the Ivies with you.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Sader87
December 25th, 2016, 09:07 PM
Not sure what viewership has to do with it. You refuse to take part in what makes the FCS the FCS, then go and be a special subdivision of your own, and take the Ivies with you.

An interesting thesis....are the playoffs what makes the FCS or is it a subdivision that continues to want to play D1-level football albeit at a less expensive level? Can it be both? Hasn't it basically been both since its existence as a subdivision?

Bisonoline
December 25th, 2016, 09:52 PM
An interesting thesis....are the playoffs what makes the FCS or is it a subdivision that continues to want to play D1-level football albeit at a less expensive level? Can it be both? Hasn't it basically been both since its existence as a subdivision?

What has set us apart is the fact that we have a real playoff to determine who is the national champion. In the last 10-15 years some of the Fcs teams have shown they can compete with the higher up teams by doing more with less. But its been the playoffs which has always set us apart.

Laker
December 25th, 2016, 09:54 PM
If it was still 1-AA instead of Football CHAMPIONSHIP Subdivision someone might be able to argue about not taking part in playoffs, but really- I don't understand why anyone would be in this division if they don't want to have the opportunity to be in the playoffs. There is a level for bowl games which has recently expanded to what you could call a tournament, there is a D2 level that has a maximum of 36 scholarships and a D3 level with no scholarships. The Pioneer League competes and won a playoff game this year- those other conferences should join up too.

Sader87
December 25th, 2016, 10:36 PM
And 80 out of 120 FBS programs go to bowl games....it's just a name/moniker.

It's all semantics imo....I do agree, they should have stayed with the 1-A and 1-AA labels. Grambling, Harvard, Southern, Princeton et al want to continue to play football at a D1 level but not participate in the playoffs...why do people get so upset about this? I'm of the opinion that they have the right outlook on post-season play but I'm not calling for the elimination of the playoff system. (Though I'd rather Holy Cross and the Patriot League had an alternative to the FCS playoffs).

BisonFan02
December 25th, 2016, 10:42 PM
Festivus is over. The head of household is about to be pinned. xlolx

Bisonoline
December 25th, 2016, 10:45 PM

It's all semantics imo....I do agree, they should have stayed with the 1-A and 1-AA labels. Grambling, Harvard, Southern, Princeton et al want to continue to play football at a D1 level but not participate in the playoffs...why do people get so upset about this? I'm of the opinion that they have the right outlook on post-season play but I'm not calling for the elimination of the playoff system. (Though I'd rather Holy Cross and the Patriot League had an alternative to the FCS playoffs).

So what would be the difference if the Ivys went D2? They would still play all of the same teams. Does the D1 designation make them feel better about themselves?

My thought on the FCS is this. If you are going to be in this division then be in it. You dont go off and start your own bowl games because you cant compete with the other teams. If you cant compete then drop down a level. If you dont want to be in the playoffs then get out.

cx500d
December 25th, 2016, 10:51 PM
Dr., I must disagree there.

While some may not like his name sake's college football team, he is definitely no C list founding father. Anyone who was a co-author of the federalist papers is an A lister to me!

I get George Madison confused with James Mason. I'm pretty sure James mason was the protagonist with the killer house on the backside of Mt Rushmore in "North by Northwest." Please confirm Thumper.

cx500d
December 25th, 2016, 10:53 PM

And take the Ivy with you.

Sader87
December 25th, 2016, 11:06 PM
So what would be the difference if the Ivys went D2? They would still play all of the same teams. Does the D1 designation make them feel better about themselves?

My thought on the FCS is this. If you are going to be in this division then be in it. You dont go off and start your own bowl games because you cant compete with the other teams. If you cant compete then drop down a level. If you dont want to be in the playoffs then get out.

A host of reasons, the Ivies have to play D1 in football as all their other sports are D1, they still play schools who play scholarship D1 football etc etc

The Ivies have been playing at the 1-AA/FCS level a lot longer than you guys have...I think they know what they're doing.

Bisonoline
December 25th, 2016, 11:35 PM
A host of reasons, the Ivies have to play D1 in football as all their other sports are D1, they still play schools who play scholarship D1 football etc etc

The Ivies have been playing at the 1-AA/FCS level a lot longer than you guys have...I think they know what they're doing.

They are doing it wrong.

TheKingpin28
December 25th, 2016, 11:54 PM

So can the same be said about anything that has been around longer than others since they know what they are doing. Choose your words wisely since if they want to be a part of Division 1, then compete the whole way. If they want to participate in March Madness, then extend this offer for post season for all athletes, not just some. Could you imagine the outrage if they told their women's teams the same bull **** they do for the FCS playoffs? They would have the current overreaching DOJ and States suing their asses for Title IX infringement. This is why it is a joke they do not compete. Can't have your cake and eat it too.

Bucs2016
December 26th, 2016, 05:53 AM
EASY FIX....

If the Ivies and HBCUs don't wanna do the playoffs then have the bowl game.

Ivy Champ vs MEAC Champ in the Culture Clash Bowl!!

caribbeanhen
December 26th, 2016, 06:42 AM
MEAC team played in the playoffs....

GAD
December 26th, 2016, 07:16 AM
What happen as far as the SWAC goes had nothing to do with not wanting to be in the playoffs you are totally wrong on that end, they chose to start the playoffs on the date that we played our biggest game. A change to the date of that game would have change the game completely

huskie
December 26th, 2016, 08:09 AM
FBS schools robbing football players that have graduated from FCS schools.

ASU33
December 26th, 2016, 08:17 AM

Whatever helps you sleep at night!

ASU33
December 26th, 2016, 08:30 AM

People just gotta have something to b!tch about.

ASU33
December 26th, 2016, 08:31 AM

Someone's salty!

MR. CHICKEN
December 26th, 2016, 08:39 AM
What happen as far as the SWAC goes had nothing to do with not wanting to be in the playoffs you are totally wrong on that end, they chose to start the playoffs on the date that we played our biggest game. A change to the date of that game would have change the game completely

......YEAH.....LET US....HOLD UP DUH 23.....WHILST WE WAIT ON #24.........xchinscratchxxeyebrowxxchinscratchx... ..BROCCO!

Bucs2016
December 26th, 2016, 09:20 AM
It's a FCS Festivus miracle!

GAD
December 26th, 2016, 09:22 AM
......YEAH.....LET US....HOLD UP DUH 23.....WHILST WE WAIT ON #24.........xchinscratchxxeyebrowxxchinscratchx... ..BROCCO!
We do our thing you do yours
We are not the ones on here crying telling someone else what they should do

UNHWildcat18
December 26th, 2016, 09:33 AM
Love all this ivy MEAC rabble. I don't care if ivies don't participate but MEAC shouldn't get an at large IMO. They send their two best teams to a "bowl" and what the 3rd ranked team gets a spot? In a league good enough to send 1 seed to the slaughter every year? balogne

ASU33
December 26th, 2016, 09:37 AM
Love all this ivy MEAC rabble. I don't care if ivies don't participate but MEAC shouldn't get an at large IMO. They send their two best teams to a "bowl" and what the 3rd ranked team gets a spot? In a league good enough to send 1 seed to the slaughter every year? balogne

Yeah I see why you're upset! Lmao!

GAD
December 26th, 2016, 09:58 AM
People are here because they want to be, most HBCU fans are a fan of their school first not the flagship school of the state
btw when was the last time Chattanooga was at or near capacity while the Vols had a home game?

Thumper 76
December 26th, 2016, 10:09 AM

Plenty of other schools have their biggest regular season game date moved all the time and still get great crowds, that's a lame excuse. You're seriously going to tell me if the game was moved a weekend back people wouldn't go, and wouldn't have as much fun? Would the Super Bowl be less attended or watched if they moved it up or back a week?

GAD
December 26th, 2016, 10:36 AM
Plenty of other schools have their biggest regular season game date moved all the time and still get great crowds, that's a lame excuse. You're seriously going to tell me if the game was moved a weekend back people wouldn't go, and wouldn't have as much fun? Would the Super Bowl be less attended or watched if they moved it up or back a week?

Many of the people who attend the Bayou Classic don't live here people come in from all over the country for the game and to visit family for Thanksgiving if the game is on a different weekend those people are not here. Some have said we could lose 30K fans. Can you name any game in FCS that can lose 30K and the people in charge just say "oh well"

This is a video from the 1976 game watch the first minute notice where the people are saying they came from
https://youtu.be/xblWzYoXMEI

ASU33
December 26th, 2016, 10:37 AM

Honestly the Bayou Classic had little to nothing to do with the SWAC giving up its automatic bid.

Ivytalk
December 26th, 2016, 10:37 AM
Love me some anti-Ivy hate for Christmas!xdrunkyx

But what would NDSU have called its teams if nobody had prevented the extermination of the bison years ago?:p

Ivytalk
December 26th, 2016, 10:40 AM
EASY FIX....

If the Ivies and HBCUs don't wanna do the playoffs then have the bowl game.

Ivy Champ vs MEAC Champ in the Culture Clash Bowl!!

Not a bad idea. They could get Barack Obama to do the coin toss...and change sides at halftime!:D

MR. CHICKEN
December 26th, 2016, 11:06 AM
We do our thing you do yours
We are not the ones on here crying telling someone else what they should do

.....SURE SOUNDS LIKE TEARS......."IFIN' DEY WOOD CHANGE DUH DATE.....DEN WE CAN PLAY...WHIFF YA'S......BUT FIRST....WE REQUIRE SPECIAL TREATMENT....TA ACCOMADATE OURAH GAME......AN' WE'LL OWN-LAH HOLD UP.....DUH TURNEY.....ONE WEEK.......PRETTY PLEASE"...........BRAWK!

POD Knows
December 26th, 2016, 11:12 AM

But what would NDSU have called its teams if nobody had prevented the extermination of the bison years ago?:p

NDSU were the Aggies before the Bison nickname came along.

Thumper 76
December 26th, 2016, 12:24 PM
Many of the people who attend the Bayou Classic don't live here people come in from all over the country for the game and to visit family for Thanksgiving if the game is on a different weekend those people are not here. Some have said we could lose 30K fans. Can you name any game in FCS that can lose 30K and the people in charge just say "oh well"

This is a video from the 1976 game watch the first minute notice where the people are saying they came from
https://youtu.be/xblWzYoXMEI

If the game is that big of a deal I highly doubt 30k will just up and not come because it's not convenient. I don't care if they're from far away or not. People travel long distances to go to Hobo Day in Brookings and that game is never the exact same weekend, people always show up though.

Also, if those fans are accustomed to showing up on Thanksgiving weekend then securing a first round home game should be easier I would think.

In the end the reality of why there is the celebration bowl isn't for the attendance. It's so you can have a game on a major network against a similar level of competition while you have announcers making silly comments about how good the two schools involved are compared to the rest of the subdivision without having to have the proof in the pudding like there used to be when the SWAC and MEAC got their asses kicked in the first round every year. Do you honestly think that those conferences back out of the playoffs if they had a couple of national championship appearances and one or two titles to go with it?

ASU33
December 26th, 2016, 12:57 PM
If the game is that big of a deal I highly doubt 30k will just up and not come because it's not convenient. I don't care if they're from far away or not. People travel long distances to go to Hobo Day in Brookings and that game is never the exact same weekend, people always show up though.

Also, if those fans are accustomed to showing up on Thanksgiving weekend then securing a first round home game should be easier I would think.

In the end the reality of why there is the celebration bowl isn't for the attendance. It's so you can have a game on a major network against a similar level of competition while you have announcers making silly comments about how good the two schools involved are compared to the rest of the subdivision without having to have the proof in the pudding like there used to be when the SWAC and MEAC got their asses kicked in the first round every year. Do you honestly think that those conferences back out of the playoffs if they had a couple of national championship appearances and one or two titles to go with it?

Bottom line we HAVE the Celebration Bowl and the Bayou Classic. We have the networks because HBCUs bring ratings. You seem to be salty that we have the fans, media attention, and bowl game. More non-HBCU gains b!tch and complain about what HBCUs do than HBCU fans do. You never seen a threat where HBCU folks were up in arms about the happenings at NDSU or anywhere else but EVERY HBCU topic on this board has a "sideways" comment from some Non-HBCU alum. Why does what we do bother you so much? Is it the 50,000+ crowds? The media attention? This attitude is why many HBCU posters have abandoned AGS. We congratulate you guys on your accomplishments and the whole nine but we rarely if ever get that same treatment here.

PantherRob82
December 26th, 2016, 01:06 PM
People are here because they want to be, most HBCU fans are a fan of their school first not the flagship school of the state
btw when was the last time Chattanooga was at or near capacity?

Fixed it for you. xlolx

BisonFan02
December 26th, 2016, 01:14 PM
Bottom line we HAVE the Celebration Bowl and the Bayou Classic. We have the networks because HBCUs bring ratings. You seem to be salty that we have the fans, media attention, and bowl game. More non-HBCU gains b!tch and complain about what HBCUs do than HBCU fans do. You never seen a threat where HBCU folks were up in arms about the happenings at NDSU or anywhere else but EVERY HBCU topic on this board has a "sideways" comment from some Non-HBCU alum. Why does what we do bother you so much? Is it the 50,000+ crowds? The media attention? This attitude is why many HBCU posters have abandoned AGS. We congratulate you guys on your accomplishments and the whole nine but we rarely if ever get that same treatment here.

No you don't....

Saturday, December 17

3.744M
SDSU
Houston
Vegas Bowl
3:49 PM
ABC

2.711M
Grambling
N.C. Central
Celeb. Bowl
12:01 PM
ABC

2.050M
Temple
Navy
AAC Champ.
ABC

3.093M
Houston
Memphis
American
12:00 PM
ABC

16.841M
Michigan
Ohio State
Big Ten
A

The noon ABC time slot brings accidental viewers....it probably draws just as many eyeballs as old sitcom reruns would during that time.

Grambling
Alcorn St.
SWAC Champ.
4:04 PM
ESPNU

E. Washington
Youngstown St.
FCS semis
6:30 PM
ESPNU

Mry Hrdn-Baylor
UW-Oshkosh
D-III Champ.
7:00 PM
ESPNU

GAD
December 26th, 2016, 01:15 PM
.....SURE SOUNDS LIKE TEARS......."IFIN' DEY WOOD CHANGE DUH DATE.....DEN WE CAN PLAY...WHIFF YA'S......BUT FIRST....WE REQUIRE SPECIAL TREATMENT....TA ACCOMADATE OURAH GAME......AN' WE'LL OWN-LAH HOLD UP.....DUH TURNEY.....ONE WEEK.......PRETTY PLEASE"...........BRAWK!
What tears? The date didn't change we just kept doing what we were doing if you want to the playoffs the remain on Thanksgiving weekend do that you made your choice we made ours but trust me hardly anybody here is crying over not being in the playoffs

GAD
December 26th, 2016, 01:22 PM

How many teams have in the last 20 years won a national championship and hauled ass to FBS
Most would leave if offered 1 million dollars and a spot on national TV

citdog
December 26th, 2016, 01:26 PM
How many teams have in the last 20 years won a national championship and hauled ass to FBS
Most would leave if offered 1 million dollars and a spot on national TV

Why do you think ABC puts terrible football like y'all play on TV? Let us see if you will answer that question honestly...

Bucs2016
December 26th, 2016, 03:10 PM
Why do you think ABC puts terrible football like y'all play on TV? Let us see if you will answer that question honestly...

You make a solid point here.

When NO other football is on...yes..an HBCU game will draw viewers. I'm sure NDSU vs CSU in the opener this year drew viewers because nothing else was on. Same concept. But they aren't putting SC State vs Bethune Cookman on TV in October.

To me if the HBCUs and Ivy wanna be FCS they need to play by the same standards and go to the playoff.

As for crowds...HBCU games are fun. Been to a few. Bands are great. Tailgate is awesome. But for me I prefer a SoCon or Big South game (or FBS game obviously).

Bucs2016
December 26th, 2016, 03:12 PM
Not a bad idea. They could get Barack Obama to do the coin toss...and change sides at halftime!:D

Oh snap no you didn't go there!!! Happy Festivus now THAT is how we do it!

ASU33
December 26th, 2016, 03:29 PM
You make a solid point here.

When NO other football is on...yes..an HBCU game will draw viewers. I'm sure NDSU vs CSU in the opener this year drew viewers because nothing else was on. Same concept. But they aren't putting SC State vs Bethune Cookman on TV in October.

To me if the HBCUs and Ivy wanna be FCS they need to play by the same standards and go to the playoff.

As for crowds...HBCU games are fun. Been to a few. Bands are great. Tailgate is awesome. But for me I prefer a SoCon or Big South game (or FBS game obviously).

The HBCUs, the Ivies, and whoever should else should do what's best for their leagues. Once again participating in the playoffs isn't a requirement for FCS membership.

TheKingpin28
December 26th, 2016, 04:59 PM
The HBCUs, the Ivies, and whoever should else should do what's best for their leagues. Once again participating in the playoffs isn't a requirement for FCS membership.

But then leave and form your own division. It's that simple. It's called the FCS for a reason. It's football CHAMPIONSHIP subdivision, not the football (let's have our own tournament [bowl actually] and say we are the best when in reality if we played equal competition, it has been proven over time we suck) division. If you don't want to be a part of the FCS as a whole, then leave. It's not a 2 way street. Could you imagine if the CAA, MVFC, and Big Sky left to form their own championship? Would that be alright with the rest of the FCS and NCAA? Hell no so why does the MEAC and SWAC get the special treatment?

ASU33
December 26th, 2016, 05:12 PM
But then leave and form your own division. It's that simple. It's called the FCS for a reason. It's football CHAMPIONSHIP subdivision, not the football (let's have our own tournament [bowl actually] and say we are the best when in reality if we played equal competition, it has been proven over time we suck) division. If you don't want to be a part of the FCS as a whole, then leave. It's not a 2 way street. Could you imagine if the CAA, MVFC, and Big Sky left to form their own championship? Would that be alright with the rest of the FCS and NCAA? Hell no so why does the MEAC and SWAC get the special treatment?

Once again, participating in the playoffs IS NOT a requirement for FCS membership. I'm not sure what part of that you don't understand? If anyone else wanted to create a bowl or do something different you think we'd care? No we wouldn't, we don't care what anyone does now so why do you "fake care" so much about what we do?

citdog
December 26th, 2016, 05:20 PM
You must appreciate the irony as below is the SWAC and MEAC motto...

http://izquotes.com/quotes-pictures/quote-segregation-now-segregation-tomorrow-and-segregation-forever-george-wallace-192316.jpg

ASU33
December 26th, 2016, 05:25 PM
You must appreciate the irony as below is the SWAC and MEAC motto...

http://izquotes.com/quotes-pictures/quote-segregation-now-segregation-tomorrow-and-segregation-forever-george-wallace-192316.jpg

What ironic is that this was posted by Mr.Confederacy himself! 😃

Sader87
December 26th, 2016, 08:09 PM
It is what it is.....stop anyone on the street (not in Youngstown or Harrisonburg) and I doubt very many would know Youngstown St was playing JMU for the FCS title this year. That doesn't lessen their achievement this year, just that it really isn't that important to many other schools.

The Ivies, Patriots etc play at the FCS-level because it is still (somewhat) quality college football. It also allows a school like Holy Cross to now play opponents like Boston College, Navy and Syracuse.

Congrats to the programs that make it all the way to Frisco....there are other FCS fans though who who'd rather play their regular season and call it a year.

Daytripper
December 26th, 2016, 08:41 PM
What ironic is that this was posted by Mr.Confederacy himself! 

Rip Van Citdog just woke up after going to sleep in 1859.

NY Crusader 2010
December 26th, 2016, 08:59 PM
My festivus:

1) Colgate playing a ten-game schedule.
2) PL going oh-fer against the CAA regular AND post-season.
3) Georgetown still not having any scholarships
4) Holy Cross' dismal performance at Yankee Stadium against Fordham. That was rock bottom.
5) Losing to Albany with a squad that was still healthy at the time, after winning 37-0 the year before.

caribbeanhen
December 26th, 2016, 09:11 PM
lot's of white eye butt hurt on display in this thread, I wish people cared about the FCS playoffs but generally nobody does so I have no problem with the SWAC MEAC hook up, that game was attended by more people than the pretty much the entire playoff anyway...(enter Bison fans)

by the way, I haven't seen any posters that support those teams claiming they could win a game in the FCS playoffs.... People making up stuff so they can spew venom.... haha

why not a MFVC vs CAA playoff .... best 4 teams from each conference participate in 8 team playoff...
2 games on Friday after Thanksgiving, next 2 games the next day....

citdog
December 26th, 2016, 09:49 PM
Rip Van Citdog just woke up after going to sleep in 1859.

Deplorable I tell you. Deplorable....

Bisonator
December 27th, 2016, 07:54 AM
lot's of white eye butt hurt on display in this thread, I wish people cared about the FCS playoffs but generally nobody does so I have no problem with the SWAC MEAC hook up, that game was attended by more people than the pretty much the entire playoff anyway...(enter Bison fans)

by the way, I haven't seen any posters that support those teams claiming they could win a game in the FCS playoffs.... People making up stuff so they can spew venom.... haha

why not a MFVC vs CAA playoff .... best 4 teams from each conference participate in 8 team playoff...
2 games on Friday after Thanksgiving, next 2 games the next day....
Are you high?

Bucs2016
December 27th, 2016, 08:06 AM
Once again, participating in the playoffs IS NOT a requirement for FCS membership. I'm not sure what part of that you don't understand? If anyone else wanted to create a bowl or do something different you think we'd care? No we wouldn't, we don't care what anyone does now so why do you "fake care" so much about what we do?

It is like.....what if the NFLs Dolphins, Jaguars, Bucs, Saints, Panthers and Falcons all said "Hey no NFL playoffs for us. We're gonna just have the 'Down South Bowl' for our teams."

Makes no sense. And that's directed at the Ivies also.

If you don't wanna participate in the football cchampionship....WHY do Ivies and HBCUs jump for joy at a March Madness invite? Why not have your own basketball tournament AFTER the conference tourneys and stay out of March Madness also?

Sorry man. It just reeks of elitism at times and of...something else at other times. You're FCS. We play it off on the field in a tournament. Elitism and I'll say it...segregation. That's what the Ivies and HBCUs not going along with what all the others in D1 do reeks of.

NY Crusader 2010
December 27th, 2016, 08:47 AM
It is like.....what if the NFLs Dolphins, Jaguars, Bucs, Saints, Panthers and Falcons all said "Hey no NFL playoffs for us. We're gonna just have the 'Down South Bowl' for our teams."

Makes no sense. And that's directed at the Ivies also.

If you don't wanna participate in the football cchampionship....WHY do Ivies and HBCUs jump for joy at a March Madness invite? Why not have your own basketball tournament AFTER the conference tourneys and stay out of March Madness also?

Sorry man. It just reeks of elitism at times and of...something else at other times. You're FCS. We play it off on the field in a tournament. Elitism and I'll say it...segregation. That's what the Ivies and HBCUs not going along with what all the others in D1 do reeks of.

For the HBCUs it's about $$$. It should be obvious that the Celebration Bowl benefits the MEAC and SWAC more so than sending their top teams to the playoffs. A bowl game on ABC in front of 50K+ (with higher ratings than the FCS chip in all likelihood) or a first round playoff game attended by 4,000 people? Not a difficult decision. With the Ivies, I believe their lack of participation is a combination of adherence to tradition and just flat-out elitism as you stated. Not wanting to upstage H-Y may be a part of it but to allow all their other sports teams to participate in postseason play but not football is pure hypocrisy. I'm sick of hearing the academic excuses -- THE MAJORITY OF THE PLAYOFFS OCCUR OVER ACADEMIC BREAKS!!!

I believe it should be up to the individual conferences to decide what is best for it's members - in the case of the PL I will always advocate for playoffs. As a huge fan of FCS football, I'd love to see the Ivy, SWAC and MEAC champs in the playoff fray every year. However, the product is absolutely fine without them, just as it has been fine without Georgia Southern, App State, UMass and Marshall.

Another point -- the Ivies and HBCU can still represent our division positively without participating in the playoffs. The beauty of this level of football is that it quite often produces players that are as good as some of the cream of the crop from FBS. One thing I always enjoy doing when watching an NFL game is to go through the teams' rosters and see how many guys played FCS ball. It always amazes me how well-represented this division is in the NFL. And the Ivies and black colleges are a big part in spreading that brand at the highest level of football. Harvard had a dozen guys active in training camps this year, including three veteran names now in Ryan Fitzpatrick, Cameron Brate and Kyle Juzczyk. Robert Mathis went to Alabama A&M, Antoine Bethea to Howard. Oh, and the best WR and RB of all time both cut their teeth in the SWAC in Jerry Rice and Walter Payton.

GAD
December 27th, 2016, 08:56 AM
Because things like RPI and GPI have little to do with weather or not people want to watch a football game

NY Crusader 2010
December 27th, 2016, 09:00 AM
Because things like RPI and GPI have little to do with weather or people want to watch a football game

Nailed it.

caribbeanhen
December 27th, 2016, 09:35 AM
Are you high?

I would be if I could see some good football games, playoffs don't deliver for the most part...

Professor
December 27th, 2016, 10:01 AM
What's funny is that people on here assume that we did this ourselves. Has it not dawned on you that ESPN came to the MEAC and SWAC and said we have an idea?

Milktruck74
December 27th, 2016, 10:37 AM
I'm working on next year's grevience..... conferences that can't win 25% of their OOC vs FCS should give up their auto qualifier for the year.

cx500d
December 27th, 2016, 10:48 AM
I don't know, F'N Hawks?

cx500d
December 27th, 2016, 10:52 AM
Its that you are an FCS School sanctioned by the NCAA as FCS, but you refuse to send your best schools to the FCS tournament. Thats why we get 6-5 schools in the tournament. Same with the Ivies. You don't refuse to participate in the NCAA Basketball tournament, or Track, or Baseball, or any other sport.

Professor
December 27th, 2016, 11:35 AM
The NCAA basketball tournament pays every team that is selected to participate. The FCS playoffs require you to make a bid to host the game and then splits profit with you 85% for NCAA and 15% for the school.

CB Bowl makes money for the conference and the team and is on ABC, not ESPN3

Bucs2016
December 27th, 2016, 02:18 PM
I'm working on next year's grevience..... conferences that can't win 25% of their OOC vs FCS should give up their auto qualifier for the year.

Excellent. How long can the current Festivus airing of grievances last before we must wait til next year? I say 12 days. 12 days of Xmas and all. So...January 3rd?

I have plenty more to air out.

Bucs2016
December 27th, 2016, 02:28 PM
I'm proud the Festivus thread has uprooted some grievances with Ivy and HBCU. Serenity now!!!

Here's a doozy. Straight from former Harvard OC Jay Mills. Most Ivy schools have endowment and grants set up in such a way that if you have a family making under 60k a year...you get 100% costs covered. It's for "diversity" and applies to all students not just athletes.

THUS...when Ivy recruits a ball player...they have him "live" with the poorest family member they can find for their senior year of high school. Then he's under 60k. And then it's free.

SOOO...when Ivy preaches "we're non scholarship" it's a dang lie. They have 100+ kids not paying a dime. You just have to be "poor". That's why so many Harvard recruits all of a sudden move in with their 22 year old brother or cousin who just graduated college and don't earn much. They "live" with them and are poor. Free college!

Sorry to break that little secret. But if you're "poor" and skilled...and especially if you don't look like a Trump family member...then Ivy will let you in for free and probably overlook bad grades too.

Bucs2016
December 27th, 2016, 02:37 PM
My current gripe isn't nearly as much with HBCUs. They're a bit unique so whatever let me do what they do. But Ivy League???? No excuse. You enter March Madness but then claim academics prevent you from being in the football playoff. Lame. Just admit you'd get blown out and that's why you dont. At least the HBCU teams, when they have entered playoffs, can compete with most FCS teams.

Ivy fans would probably complain that my teams concessions only serve stale soda, bad coffee and movie theater food instead of fine wine and caviar!!! Ivy fans who travel to Citadel would whine that the cannons and camo are offensive and mean. They'd probably call the Fargo Police Department to file a noise complaint at NDSU. They'd probably lecture SHSU fans that Sam Houston was an offensive pro-gun white privilege dealer and demand an apology! And I assume if Ivies went to Youngstown State they'd demand a "safe space" immediately upon seeing Coach Pelini yelling at his staff!

kdinva
December 27th, 2016, 03:24 PM
Ivy fans......who travel to Citadel would whine that the cannons and camo are offensive and mean.

true, since some if not most of the Ivies have made the ROTC offices move off of campus....

kdinva
December 27th, 2016, 03:26 PM
Yeah I'm a day late who cares it's FCS Festivus! "FC-estivus"!! We already had the Feats Of Strength and JMU/YSU won.

Now it's time for the Airing of Grievances. I've got a lot of problems with you people and now you're gonna hear about em!!

2. VMI a kangaroo isn't an acceptable mascot change it
!

read up on the history......the kangaroo was around before Baptist College....

Hammerhead
December 27th, 2016, 04:03 PM
We would probably still be using Aggies as our nickname/mascot. The original nickname was Farmers until around 1900 or somewhere around then.

CockyGeek
December 27th, 2016, 04:06 PM
Austin Peay... Just stop playing football. And any other team with a freaking track around their football field needs to get facility upgrades before they can participate in FCS.

Bands and cheerleaders should travel to all away games. If you can bring the team, you should bring the rest of the gameday atmosphere.

Stop it with the ties for conference championships. Nobody wants a ring when you didn't even best team or get a playoff spot in some cases.

Instant Replay. We should get this all during the year and not just during the playoffs. So many butchered calls. I once saw somebody recover an onside kick that only went about 5 yards. There's literally nothing you can do when the refs are morons.

POD Knows
December 27th, 2016, 04:09 PM
Austin Peay... Just stop playing football. And any other team with a freaking track around their football field needs to get facility upgrades before they can participate in FCS.

Bands and cheerleaders should travel to all away games. If you can bring the team, you should bring the rest of the gameday atmosphere.

Stop it with the ties for conference championships. Nobody wants a ring when you didn't even best team or get a playoff spot in some cases.

Instant Replay. We should get this all during the year and not just during the playoffs. So many butchered calls. I once saw somebody recover an onside kick that only went about 5 yards. There's literally nothing you can do when the refs are morons.

NDSU doesn't have room for the bands unless they want them to take the seats of their fans.

ASU33
December 27th, 2016, 04:55 PM

Yes!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Bucs2016
December 27th, 2016, 05:03 PM
read up on the history......the kangaroo was around before Baptist College....

Change it!!! I could see a hornet. Or tiger. Or even a bird of some sort. But not a kangaroo.

Bucs2016
December 27th, 2016, 05:05 PM
true, since some if not most of the Ivies have made the ROTC offices move off of campus....

It's true it would happen! They'd complain!

kdinva
December 27th, 2016, 05:23 PM
Change it!!! I could see a hornet. Or tiger. Or even a bird of some sort. But not a kangaroo.

then CSU get rid of the "Bucs".......pirates signify stealing, one of the 10 commandments....

Bucs2016
December 27th, 2016, 06:41 PM
then CSU get rid of the "Bucs".......pirates signify stealing, one of the 10 commandments....

I know man. We have a pirate mural near the bookstore. He has a gun and sword and bottle of rum. Pirates stole raped and murdered. Yet he's our mascot. Crazy huh? The history of why we are called that is...well...sad honestly.

As "Baptist College" upon being founded in 1960s...sports teams were few and had no facilities. Basketball, baseball and track. So...coaches went around to local high schools and churches begging to use their fields, gyms and track occasionally for practice and games. Churches and HS coaches jokingly referred to them as a bunch of pirates, always begging and trying to loot other people's stuff. Hence....the Buccaneers. Has nothing to do with Charlestons rich history with ACTUAL pirates like Blackbeard or Stead Bonnett. No...our story is much more sad.

Ivytalk
December 27th, 2016, 06:50 PM
My current gripe isn't nearly as much with HBCUs. They're a bit unique so whatever let me do what they do. But Ivy League???? No excuse. You enter March Madness but then claim academics prevent you from being in the football playoff. Lame. Just admit you'd get blown out and that's why you dont. At least the HBCU teams, when they have entered playoffs, can compete with most FCS teams.

Ivy fans would probably complain that my teams concessions only serve stale soda, bad coffee and movie theater food instead of fine wine and caviar!!! Ivy fans who travel to Citadel would whine that the cannons and camo are offensive and mean. They'd probably call the Fargo Police Department to file a noise complaint at NDSU. They'd probably lecture SHSU fans that Sam Houston was an offensive pro-gun white privilege dealer and demand an apology! And I assume if Ivies went to Youngstown State they'd demand a "safe space" immediately upon seeing Coach Pelini yelling at his staff!
You have some misconceptions about Ivy football fans. They don't travel well, so none of those things would ever happen. Apathy rules.

Bucs2016
December 27th, 2016, 07:02 PM
You have some misconceptions about Ivy football fans. They don't travel well, so none of those things would ever happen. Apathy rules.

Haha yes I'm sure they dont. It's scary off campus in the Ivy. It's not a Safe Space on Main Street! You could end up somewhere like Spartanburg, Birmingham or worse Ladson!

NY Crusader 2010
December 27th, 2016, 10:20 PM

You're both right and wrong at the same time (second paragraph is GOLD btw). While most years the Ivy rep (or reps) wouldn't get "blown out" in the playoffs, they certainly wouldn't be regularly contending for championships either. It is my opinion that the reason for not allowing football into the postseason is because they do not want to admit that they don't play at the highest level of the sport. Losing to JMU or Youngstown would knock them off their high horse more so than losing to UNC in March. That being said, the Ivies would be much more competitive than the HBCUs and I'm speaking as someone who's rooted for the MEAC to advance every year to end the losing streak. Just last year, the Ivy League had Harvard ranked 5th and Dartmouth 6th in the final Sagarin rankings. In 2004, Harvard was ranked one spot behind national champ JMU IIRC. But, we'll be forced to speculate for a long time to come as I don't see the Ivy presidents suddenly deciding that their conference's precious football season ought to end with a loss in Fargo or Harrisonburg.

Thumper 76
December 28th, 2016, 12:39 AM

Um, I'm a fan of the Jackrabbits, and a Jackrabbit or a Kangaroo would whip the hell out of a Redbird, cardinal, and many other birds, as well as a hornet or wasp.

TheKingpin28
December 28th, 2016, 11:42 AM
Um, I'm a fan of the Jackrabbits, and a Jackrabbit or a Kangaroo would whip the hell out of a Redbird, cardinal, and many other birds, as well as a hornet or wasp.

But look at your avatar. (Ignore the fact that that was a bet) You and everyone that is on AGS that knows you, knows that you are secretly a Bison fan. It is alright. Together we can rule the FCS!

Silenoz
December 28th, 2016, 11:56 AM
My grievance is with the Big Sky. I have learned that when you are a ****ty FCS team you are supposed to ride your conference's coattails. But you're giving us nothing!

Laker
December 28th, 2016, 12:05 PM
1. No more Gatorade baths. It killed both George Allen and Long Beach State football.
2. No more receivers pointing first down. Congratulate your line for protecting the QB who threw the ball to you.
3. No more d-backs waving "incomplete"- especially after you got called for pass interference, holding or targeting. It is your job to stop the completion legally. Let the officials do that.
4. No more dropping the ball right before you cross the goal line when you are way ahead of everyone. No excuse for it- EVER!

Thumper 76
December 28th, 2016, 12:38 PM
But look at your avatar. (Ignore the fact that that was a bet) You and everyone that is on AGS that knows you, knows that you are secretly a Bison fan. It is alright. Together we can rule the FCS!

You should test your brakes before you drive next...

TheKingpin28
December 28th, 2016, 01:20 PM
You should test your brakes before you drive next...

Actually I replaced my brakes on my car on Monday. So they are all good to go.

Bison Fan in NW MN
December 28th, 2016, 01:29 PM
IMO, let the SWAC and MEAC have their bowl game, who cares. Same goes for the Ivies...elitist pussies....do not participate.

I see NDSU has Mississippi Valley State on the schedule next year. Pretty sure this will play out exactly like the other 2 times these schools played. I think the last game played, MVSU had something like 160 yards and 0 points. Too bad it couldn't have been one of the better SWAC teams but I'm sure a Grambling would not want to come to Fargo and lose.

I have emailed our AD and asked him to try and get an Ivy team to Fargo and he replied that they have said NO to offers in the past.

ASU33
December 28th, 2016, 02:55 PM
1. No more Gatorade baths. It killed both George Allen and Long Beach State football.
2. No more receivers pointing first down. Congratulate your line for protecting the QB who threw the ball to you.
3. No more d-backs waving "incomplete"- especially after you got called for pass interference, holding or targeting. It is your job to stop the completion legally. Let the officials do that.
4. No more dropping the ball right before you cross the goal line when you are way ahead of everyone. No excuse for it- EVER!

That one REALLY chaps my arse! Sadly it was a play like this that cost my team a playoff game here in the Georgia state playoffs.xsmhx

PantherRob82
December 28th, 2016, 03:26 PM
Because things like RPI and GPI have little to do with weather or not people want to watch a football game

Well according to you guys no one likes to watch your games either. They just like to socialize. ;)

Son of Eli
December 30th, 2016, 05:01 PM

How about reconstituting the Gridiron Bowl and making it between the Patriot and Ivy Champs and playing it the week between Christmas and New Year's Day at Yankee Stadium or down in Florida?

Son of Eli
December 30th, 2016, 05:17 PM

Ivy League teams have beaten perennial FCS playoff teams such as Cal Poly, Villanova and New Hampshire in recent years

dgtw
December 30th, 2016, 05:49 PM
If you do not play scholarship football or don't field a team at all do not put your other sports in a conference that sponsors football. If you are not willing to play a full conference schedule then find another home.

Go...gate
December 31st, 2016, 04:15 PM
How about reconstituting the Gridiron Bowl and making it between the Patriot and Ivy Champs and playing it the week between Christmas and New Year's Day at Yankee Stadium or down in Florida?

Intriguing idea.

citdog
December 31st, 2016, 04:22 PM

YES!!!! It could be called....

The Pretentious Bowl

bonarae
December 31st, 2016, 11:23 PM
Okay, in my current signature (I'll reprint it in its entirety below), have the issues been addressed or discussed about in this thread?

The fans' three perpetual questions to the Ivy Presidents:
When will you increase the number of games we are allowed to play in every season? xbawlingx
Will you allow our champion to play for the FCS' grandest prize? xsmhx
Will you allow the major-conference schools (FBS and FCS alike) to schedule us without any fears or restrictions? xchinscratchx

The challenge for Ivy football to return to national prominence is that it is a matter of when and not how. xsmhx
Also, I have lost my patience of the Ivy presidents not moving towards football's playoff participation. xnonono2x

Well... in my impressions ATM, while the rest of the FCS (including the SWAC and the MEAC, somewhat) progressed, the Ivies have mostly stagnated and being left to their own devices by the Presidents' non-action towards football... while they have made some progress (e.g. no extra practices, tackling bans in practice), it's still not enough to warrant any improvement, that's why I have had been dual or multiple rooting for other FCS and even D-III schools.

caribbeanhen
January 1st, 2017, 07:09 AM

I would love to see a Bowl game between the Ivy League and the SWAC league champions

Call it the Southern Speed vs High paying Degree's Bowl

FormerPokeCenter
January 1st, 2017, 12:57 PM
The SWAC has Southern Speed? When did that happen???

TheKingpin28
January 1st, 2017, 01:07 PM
This thread is still going? Geesh I thought this was so last year but I guess AGS feels the need to bring up old topics.

JMUisat14
January 1st, 2017, 01:29 PM
Ivy League teams have beaten perennial FCS playoff teams such as Cal Poly, Villanova and New Hampshire in recent years

"perennial"... 4 playoff berths in the past 15 years?

ngineer
January 1st, 2017, 06:44 PM

Really? Hmmm. Washington, Jackson, Grant, T.Roosevelt, Eisenhower, Kennedy, were all on the field of battle. Might have missed one or two in the 1840's that I always get confused. Of course, now that I am re-reading your comment, perhaps you meant while President. Not sure exactly what Madison did during War of 1812, but his house did get burned, so I guess that qualifies!:D

ngineer
January 1st, 2017, 06:48 PM

Why not? They carry their own pouch.

ngineer
January 1st, 2017, 06:52 PM
I'm proud the Festivus thread has uprooted some grievances with Ivy and HBCU. Serenity now!!!

Here's a doozy. Straight from former Harvard OC Jay Mills. Most Ivy schools have endowment and grants set up in such a way that if you have a family making under 60k a year...you get 100% costs covered. It's for "diversity" and applies to all students not just athletes.

THUS...when Ivy recruits a ball player...they have him "live" with the poorest family member they can find for their senior year of high school. Then he's under 60k. And then it's free.

SOOO...when Ivy preaches "we're non scholarship" it's a dang lie. They have 100+ kids not paying a dime. You just have to be "poor". That's why so many Harvard recruits all of a sudden move in with their 22 year old brother or cousin who just graduated college and don't earn much. They "live" with them and are poor. Free college!

Sorry to break that little secret. But if you're "poor" and skilled...and especially if you don't look like a Trump family member...then Ivy will let you in for free and probably overlook bad grades too.

Actually, for H-P-Y it's over $100k.

DeltaDevil662
January 2nd, 2017, 05:48 AM

Sideways or sideways sprinkled with racist undertones (see below). We would rather stay over on our own side because if we cuss these posters out for posts like below, the admins will kick us off not the ones below

As you know, we don't talk or think about these other leagues nearly as much as they keep our names in their mouths. They act as if THEY are the gatekeepers of FCS football. The MEAC didn't have an auto bid but still got at large team in this year (something that we had to beat in their heads for years that you could still get in without an auto-bid) and STILL got posters on here clucking about the MEAC not deserving that at-large bid. Let's put in another 6-5 school instead based on conference SOS like the last two years and have them lose in front of 997 people. But then will be the first one to gripe about the FBS system not having a real playoff. The FBS/P5 schools are corrupt as hell but even I don't think they would try to justify putting in a 7-5 Ole Miss based off SEC SOS over 9-3 Louisville in a 16 team playoff. But it happened to BCU two years in a row despite being ranked and beating a FBS school. It happened to Albany THIS year despite beating a FBS school. The only reason it didn't happen to A&T this year is because they were ranked in the top 10-15 before losing to NCCU.

As ASU33 said, participation in the playoffs is not a requirement to be a FCS school. As A&T showed this year, we don't need an AQ for participation. Schedule strongly OOC and the at-large option is still there for those HBCUs that still want to participate (see Prairie View's 2017 OOC schedule). But this notion that HBCUs HAVE to participate in a rigged playoff system to please some out of touch posters on this board is asinine. Let's see: play in front of 30k+ people in a NFL stadium on ABC (exposure) in a bowl game as FCS schools with a payout equivalent to a mid-level bowl game or play in front of 3200 people in Richmond VA on ESPN3. That's a hard decision.

Let us and the Ivy League do us and the rest of you do you.

P.S. By the way, if the rumors are true about a possible FCS bowl (involving PWI schools) on CBS in the future, your precious playoff system will be in serious trouble seeing the success of the Celebration Bowl.

dgtw
January 2nd, 2017, 06:10 AM
People complain just as much about the Ivy playoff boycott and make wine and cheese jokes about them.

caribbeanhen
January 2nd, 2017, 06:33 AM
The SWAC has Southern Speed? When did that happen???

haha, good point but just ask any 10 year veteran of any Louisiana Parish Police Department...

Professor
January 3rd, 2017, 09:22 AM
haha, good point but just ask any 10 year veteran of any Louisiana Parish Police Department...

Damn Shame

ASU33
January 3rd, 2017, 12:58 PM

xcoffeex