PDA

View Full Version : Bars and Restaurants in Frisco, Texas

GoGuinsGo
December 22nd, 2016, 05:19 PM
Hey all (mostly Bison fans lol),

Can you give me a list of places to get a beer and a sandwich? I am staying at the Comfort Inn and Suites which is 0.4 from the stadium. It looks like there is a pretty large strip plaza on google street maps. Any info would be great! Thanks.

Also, if you’d like to add any other restaurants to this list that are a short distance a way that would be great as well.

BisonTru
December 22nd, 2016, 05:29 PM
Some options in here http://www.anygivensaturday.com/showthread.php?190133-Doin-Frisco

I'd recommend Wild Pitch and/or Tight Ends. If you want to stay closer The Londoner is right by the stadium.

TheKingpin28
December 22nd, 2016, 06:35 PM
Wild Pitch FTW. The most family orientated restaurant I have ever been to, and when I say that, I mean myself and my buddies who are now between 24-26. I consider them my family since they always have my best interests in mind. They want me to drink to where my liver hurts.

Professor Chaos
December 22nd, 2016, 06:40 PM
If you don't have them in your area of the country Twin Peaks is a good spot for a beer and a sandwich. Think Hooters but with much better food and outfits. And the Frisco area has the "talent" to staff it pretty well. It's a chain though so if you want something more unique I'd recommend Bonedaddy's House of Smoke. There's some exquisite Texas BBQ served there.

My personal favorite down there though is Pappadeaux's though. It's a Cajun seafood place that has locations around the country but none near me. The Jumbo Shrimp Brochette is absolutely fabulous:

http://i1217.photobucket.com/albums/dd394/kstyle3/pappad4_zpsb82ea670.jpg

BisonTru
December 22nd, 2016, 07:02 PM
Wild Pitch/Tight Ends>>>>>Twin Peaks>>Hooters

Bisonoline
December 23rd, 2016, 12:18 AM
Wild Pitch/Tight Ends>>>>>Twin Peaks>>Hooters

Ive never understood the allure of going to a place that has over priced drinks, mediocre food just to oggle over girls youre not going to get laid by.xcoffeex:D

Bisonoline
December 23rd, 2016, 12:19 AM
If you don't have them in your area of the country Twin Peaks is a good spot for a beer and a sandwich. Think Hooters but with much better food and outfits. And the Frisco area has the "talent" to staff it pretty well. It's a chain though so if you want something more unique I'd recommend Bonedaddy's House of Smoke. There's some exquisite Texas BBQ served there.

My personal favorite down there though is Pappadeaux's though. It's a Cajun seafood place that has locations around the country but none near me. The Jumbo Shrimp Brochette is absolutely fabulous:

http://i1217.photobucket.com/albums/dd394/kstyle3/pappad4_zpsb82ea670.jpg

Food is fantastic. One of my all time favorites. The soft shell crab app FTW.
Also the Crawfish Trio entre---Crawfish etoufee, saute crawfish and fried crawfish tails.

Bisonoline
December 23rd, 2016, 12:27 AM
Hey all (mostly Bison fans lol),

Can you give me a list of places to get a beer and a sandwich? I am staying at the Comfort Inn and Suites which is 0.4 from the stadium. It looks like there is a pretty large strip plaza on google street maps. Any info would be great! Thanks.

Also, if you’d like to add any other restaurants to this list that are a short distance a way that would be great as well.

Blue Goose Cantina---Brisket tacos
Hutchins BBQ----Best brisket Ive ever had
Mannys----Tex Mex
Pappadeauxs----Cajun and seafood and steaks
Nates Seafood and Steak House----Cajun and Seafood
Fogo de Choa----Brazillian Steak House
Bobs Chop House---Steaks
Pecan Lodge----BBQ
Ruth Chris---High end steak house
Pappa Bros---VERY high end steak house

FargoBison
December 23rd, 2016, 12:31 AM
Lockhart Smokehouse in Plano also has some solid BBQ.

Bisonoline
December 23rd, 2016, 12:39 AM

I agree. Watch out for those deviled eggs. Thay have some kick.

Hoboken Dukes
December 23rd, 2016, 02:31 AM
Ive never understood the allure of going to a place that has over priced drinks, mediocre food just to oggle over girls youre not going to get laid by.xcoffeex:D

because at the end of the day, we are all Butters' at heart.

http://www.anygivensaturday.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=24243&stc=1

Franks Tanks
December 23rd, 2016, 07:23 AM
because at the end of the day, we are all Butters' at heart.

http://www.anygivensaturday.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=24243&stc=1

Texas suburbia includes every chain restaurant known to man. An endless array of strip malls and cul de sacs and pick up trucks that have never seen dirt.

The BBQ places are legit however. Mediocre BBQ in Texas is better than the best around in most other places.

RootinFerDukes
December 23rd, 2016, 07:31 AM

I feel the same way. The food at hooters sucks. Tilted kilt, the one time I went, was a little bit better food.

I've heard of a Texas restaurant called trucker's paradise (I think) where the waitresses are naked supposedly.

Bisonator
December 23rd, 2016, 07:37 AM
That's because you're old and married. I'm sure you never went to these places in your 20's.:D

POD Knows
December 23rd, 2016, 11:03 AM

Because that is where the people are, I think beer was only $3 at the Wild Pitch last year and that was for a pounder.

Bisonoline
December 23rd, 2016, 12:06 PM
I feel the same way. The food at hooters sucks. Tilted kilt, the one time I went, was a little bit better food.

I've heard of a Texas restaurant called trucker's paradise (I think) where the waitresses are naked supposedly.

I went to one of those 3 years ago down in Frisco just to see what the big deal was.. I know this will sound strange but I was actually embarrassed for the girls. Seriously you come up to a guy 60 years old and act like you are really interested in where Im from while throwing your shoulders back so I can see your tits?

GoGuinsGo
December 23rd, 2016, 12:06 PM
Thanks Bisonoline!

Bisonoline
December 23rd, 2016, 12:08 PM
That's because you're old and married. I'm sure you never went to these places in your 20's.:D

Where in Fargo would one of those places be in the 70s?:D I was a patron of the original Sports Bar.

But may be Im jaded as I was a bouncer in a strip joint when I was in the Navy.

TransAmBison
December 23rd, 2016, 12:17 PM
Where in Fargo would one of those places be in the 70s?:D I was a patron of the original Sports Bar.

But may be Im jaded as I was a bouncer in a strip joint when I was in the Navy.Carpal tunnel?

Bisonoline
December 23rd, 2016, 12:20 PM
Carpal tunnel?

Some would think its a dream job. After the first couple of days its boring as ****. Plus when the girls are as stupid as the customers it gets old real fast.

But the fringe benefits:D werent bad.

cx500d
December 23rd, 2016, 01:56 PM
Blue Goose Cantina---Brisket tacos
Hutchins BBQ----Best brisket Ive ever had
Mannys----Tex Mex
Pappadeauxs----Cajun and seafood and steaks
Nates Seafood and Steak House----Cajun and Seafood
Fogo de Choa----Brazillian Steak House
Bobs Chop House---Steaks
Pecan Lodge----BBQ
Ruth Chris---High end steak house
Pappa Bros---VERY high end steak house

I went to Hutchins BBQ I McKinney last night; brought my parents/siblings that are down for Christmas from the land of snow. I was wearing my green ndsu hat and yellow jacket, and the pit master spotted me in the line and came over and offered condolences to me for ndsu not making the chipper. He and one of the meat cutters talked to me a bit and said they were going miss all the bisons coming down this year. I did tell him that Hutchins BBQ was recommended by a number of bisons on the football forums for the ysu and jmu people fortunate enough to be making the journey, so he was greatful to hear that. Not that he really needs the business because they are always busy, but he enjoyed all the ndsu visitors and camaraderie over the years. The McKinney location is the main and original one and its is generally open 11am-9 or 930pm depending on day, whereas the frisco location is generally open much less and they may run out of some meats where McKinney never runs out.

So all these years of relationship building by bisons has been noticed and made fcs fans out of the locals. Too bad cocky had a different experience, but ysu and jmu you will have a clean slate this year, so build some relationships and wear your school color gear so they know who you are!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Bisonoline
December 23rd, 2016, 02:08 PM
I went to Hutchins BBQ I McKinney last night; brought my parents/siblings that are down for Christmas from the land of snow. I was wearing my green ndsu hat and yellow jacket, and the pit master spotted me in the line and came over and offered condolences to me for ndsu not making the chipper. He and one of the meat cutters talked to me a bit and said they were going miss all the bisons coming down this year. I did tell him that Hutchins BBQ was recommended by a number of bisons on the football forums for the ysu and jmu people fortunate enough to be making the journey, so he was greatful to hear that. Not that he really needs the business because they are always busy, but he enjoyed all the ndsu visitors and camaraderie over the years. The McKinney location is the main and original one and its is generally open 11am-9 or 930pm depending on day, whereas the frisco location is generally open much less and they may run out of some meats where McKinney never runs out.

So all these years of relationship building by bisons has been noticed and made fcs fans out of the locals. Too bad cocky had a different experience, but ysu and jmu you will have a clean slate this year, so build some relationships and wear your school color gear so they know who you are!

When I went to the Frisco location last year they had a sign when you walked in the door that said" ALL the BBQ YOU CAN EAT. 19.99. I looked at the guy and said---"sign me up coach."

BirdFan 4Life
December 23rd, 2016, 02:39 PM
If you go into Downtown Dallas or are staying around there...all I can say is KATY TRAIL ICE HOUSE. Very Open and easy to mingle with fans especially if you plan a meet up and own the bar Friday Night.

If you are under 30, Concrete Cowboy Saturday Night.

If you want to just see it all McKinley Ave has all the bars and Blackfriar Pub was pretty cool in Uptown.

If you got time to kill on Sunday before you fly out I would highly recommend The Old Monk just North of Uptown. Great food and drinks for brunch.

cx500d
December 23rd, 2016, 05:38 PM
When I went to the Frisco location last year they had a sign when you walked in the door that said" ALL the BBQ YOU CAN EAT. 19.99. I looked at the guy and said---"sign me up coach."

Yes, the McKinney location has an all you can eat also. However, I am stuffed after eating the standard plate portion, the sides, and the peach cobbler with ice cream on top.

Bisonoline
December 23rd, 2016, 06:56 PM
Yes, the McKinney location has an all you can eat also. However, I am stuffed after eating the standard plate portion, the sides, and the peach cobbler with ice cream on top.

Considering that most BBQ places charge 10-12.00 a pound I figured that was a pretty good deal. When I saw the sign it was like---EUREKA my kind of people!!! :D

MrNoodles
December 23rd, 2016, 07:30 PM

You got to try the burnt ends. Delicious!

cx500d
December 23rd, 2016, 08:03 PM
You got to try the burnt ends. Delicious!

Some people are into the burnt ends because you get the flavor from the black outside and rub, but they are a little dry for me. Most BBQ places here, including Hutchins, they typically ask how you want the cut of brisket- lean (dryer), moist (more marbled), or a mix. I tend to go for the mix or the moist. Burnt ends tend to be pretty dry, where the moist/marbles cuts tend to melt in your mouth. To each your own, and do try it and enjoy!

RootinFerDukes
December 23rd, 2016, 08:33 PM
Other than the game itself, I'm most excited for Texas style bbq. It'll taste better after a win.