PDA

View Full Version : Our Athletic Dept is WORSE than yours....

SoupCity85
December 20th, 2016, 03:42 PM
This is the epitome of why YSU's fan base has dwindled to nothing. They take care of the Loge holders, cuz that's where the money is. 1000 tickets, that just blows my mind. My head is telling me to cancel all my plans for that weekend and just stay home!!! What a joke.

ALPHAGRIZ1
December 20th, 2016, 03:42 PM
No its not

BisonFanAnn
December 20th, 2016, 03:49 PM
This is the epitome of why YSU's fan base has dwindled to nothing. They take care of the Loge holders, cuz that's where the money is. 1000 tickets, that just blows my mind. My head is telling me to cancel all my plans for that weekend and just stay home!!! What a joke.

And prove them right? Nope, get tickets any way you can, and fill those seats with red!

ALPHAGRIZ1
December 20th, 2016, 04:01 PM
Yes it is

- - - Updated - - -

No......its not

SoupCity85
December 20th, 2016, 04:02 PM
Yes it is

- - - Updated - - -

No......its not

I knew you would come around...:)

BisonBacker
December 20th, 2016, 04:03 PM
Maybe whoever wins the chipper can design a ring around this for a logo......

http://www.anygivensaturday.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=24225&stc=1

or this

http://www.anygivensaturday.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=24226&stc=1

Professor Chaos
December 20th, 2016, 04:22 PM
There's lots of tickets on Flash Seats for face value or slightly above.... just sayin'.

You guys would really have reason to bitch had the other semifinal turned out differently.

BisonTru
December 20th, 2016, 04:30 PM
I agree. Dumb, dumb, dumb.

Oh well, don't cancel your plans. There's going to be plenty of tickets. The market is holding up well (a good sign this game will be fairly full) right around face or a little above. It will start to fall off at some point closer to the game. They also will release a bunch of standing room only tickets at some point (usually between Christmas and the New Year).

At the moment there's 4 tickets row 3 for 73+fees available online. That's about what you'd of paid for the YSU allotted tickets.

crossfire07
December 20th, 2016, 06:15 PM
Going back looking at attendance history, no NC game YSU has been in has been a highly attended event. Even back in 97 when we played them in Chatty we had easily 75% of the fans there ( beer truck and gumbo trailer included ) and we had to drive further. So if there is going to be a full stadium there is going to have to be a lot of JMU fans making the trip.

BigHouseClosedEnd
December 20th, 2016, 06:19 PM
Ignorant question, but what really is the deal on this? Richmond would've had 3-4k supporters in Frisco and we would have been ridiculed for being a small school with limited support. Youngstown has a very large stadium for FCS. Do the alumni just not have the disposable income to travel on 3 weeks notice? So odd.

Not trying to flame. Was just amazed when I read this today.

phoenix3
December 20th, 2016, 06:30 PM
NOPE

POD Knows
December 20th, 2016, 08:04 PM

Get you ass down there, there will be tickets. I got piled up at NDSU/SDSU #2 and lost my ticket, the place was packed and I walked up and bought a ticket right in front of the building. Get you ass down there, be fan and take your chances.

ValleyTalk
December 20th, 2016, 08:08 PM
The one local sports show this afternoon was bombarded with angry Penguin Club and season ticket holders who got screwed out of this very questionable decision. Sure the attendance has been bad this year, but when people have 3 weeks lead time for a NATIONAL CHAMPIONSHIP game, by God they will find a way to get down there to watch them. I know a number of alum's who did not attend any games this year that are going. It is very unfortunate they decided on just 1k tix.

Between the loge holders, Penguin Club, and season ticket folks, you have to be talking about 5k+ just there before you hit students and casual fans...

JMU's operation completely blew YSU's out of the water when it came to ticket packages and what have you. Plenty of upset folks in Youngstown tonight and I certainly can't blame them. YSU needs to take notes from the JMU ticket folks on how to pull something like this off. Now it will be a sea of purple in Frisco 1/7/2017.

SoupCity85
December 20th, 2016, 09:18 PM
Ignorant question, but what really is the deal on this? Richmond would've had 3-4k supporters in Frisco and we would have been ridiculed for being a small school with limited support. Youngstown has a very large stadium for FCS. Do the alumni just not have the disposable income to travel on 3 weeks notice? So odd.

Not trying to flame. Was just amazed when I read this today.

The "rumor mill" has said that YSU lost a great deal of $$$ on the 2 playoff games and apparently wasn't willing to sign up for 4k tickets at a cost of $75 per. The bad thing is tickets were NEVER offered to season ticket holders and/or alumni. They would have easily sold 4k tickets. Hell, of the 5k+ for the first playoff and 8K for the second game......80 percent were probably the season ticket holders. It just makes no sense that they only went with 1000 tickets. It's just bad for YSU as a whole.

jmufan999
December 20th, 2016, 09:19 PM
My head is telling me to cancel all my plans for that weekend and just stay home!!!

you should. you don't need to stand for that. take a stand, man.

penguinpower
December 20th, 2016, 09:27 PM
This is a horrible situation with a village idiot running ticketing and marketing.

BisonTru
December 20th, 2016, 09:35 PM
you should. you don't need to stand for that. take a stand, man.

xlolxxdrunkyx

Bisonoline
December 20th, 2016, 09:39 PM
I agree. Dumb, dumb, dumb.

Oh well, don't cancel your plans. There's going to be plenty of tickets. The market is holding up well (a good sign this game will be fairly full) right around face or a little above. It will start to fall off at some point closer to the game. They also will release a bunch of standing room only tickets at some point (usually between Christmas and the New Year).

At the moment there's 4 tickets row 3 for 73+fees available online. That's about what you'd of paid for the YSU allotted tickets.

The NCAA might also have some extra tickets as well. The NCAA-Flashseats had a computer problem where you couldnt list your tickets for sale. They refunded the purchase price and fees. I know I wasnt the only one who had that problem.

CaryNCDuke
December 20th, 2016, 09:46 PM
Jmu has now released where seats are to each fan. Sorry YSU. Hope to see a few of you all there. Going to be enjoying section 105. Cheers to a competitive game!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

dewey
December 20th, 2016, 10:54 PM
I just looked on Flash Seats and there are a lot of pairs and up to 4 for face value or slightly above.

Just buy them from Flash seats. I no longer have a Bison in the fight, literally and figuratively, since I have already sold my 8 tickets on Flash Seats at what I paid for them.

In the grand scheme of cost ticket price is a small percentage of the total trip.

BTW....alcohol should be the largest expenditurexdrunkyx

Also if YSU only bought 1000 tickets then there will be another 3k available later.

If us NDSU fans have learned anything the latest 5 years it is how the ticket prices vary and how to get them.

Dewey

Hoboken Dukes
December 20th, 2016, 11:08 PM
Also if YSU only bought 1000 tickets then there will be another 3k available later.

Dewey

Um...JMU already sold those 3k tickets and informed everyone this evening where they are sitting. People on the message board now coordinating between the two sides/14 sections we have in the stadium.

dewey
December 20th, 2016, 11:12 PM
Um...JMU already sold those 3k tickets and informed everyone this evening where they are sitting. People on the message board now coordinating between the two sides/14 sections we have in the stadium.

So JMU has bought 7000 tickets?

There are still a lot of tickets on Flash Seats.

Dewey

JMUNJ08
December 20th, 2016, 11:23 PM
So JMU has bought 7000 tickets?

There are still a lot of tickets on Flash Seats.

Dewey

That seems to be correct. JMU through just their ticket office has 50% of the stadium already packed with 3 weeks left for others to plan/ buy tickets...

dewey
December 20th, 2016, 11:24 PM
That seems to be correct. JMU through just their ticket office has 50% of the stadium already packed with 3 weeks left for others to plan/ buy tickets...

That is great news for the Duke fans. If YSU fans want to go there are always tickets.

Dewey

TheKingpin28
December 20th, 2016, 11:46 PM
It cannot be said enough but if you dont go, you will regret it. If you have to sit at the very top of the rows in 40F weather, it will be well worth the trip. My first year I sat in the Bison contingent (100 of us) on the 30 yard line about 6 rows up on the SHSU side with Orange and Blue all around me and it was well worth the trip.

BamKat
December 21st, 2016, 12:01 AM
I sold my tickets for $150 each and I had multiple bids at 125.. I was asking $200. I looked yesterday and they had MANY tickets priced at $52... That's less than face value.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

BisonTru
December 21st, 2016, 01:23 AM
I sold my tickets for $150 each and I had multiple bids at 125.. I was asking $200. I looked yesterday and they had MANY tickets priced at $52... That's less than face value.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Did you sell yours pre Semis ?

ofhs93
December 21st, 2016, 08:36 AM
There's lots of tickets on Flash Seats for face value or slightly above.... just sayin'.

You guys would really have reason to bitch had the other semifinal turned out differently.

VERY TRUE!

TheRevSFA
December 21st, 2016, 09:31 AM
It cannot be said enough but if you dont go, you will regret it. If you have to sit at the very top of the rows in 40F weather, it will be well worth the trip. My first year I sat in the Bison contingent (100 of us) on the 30 yard line about 6 rows up on the SHSU side with Orange and Blue all around me and it was well worth the trip.

Was that the first NDSU/SHSU game? I think I saw Trans Am Bison that game going up and down the stairs in his pimp coat.

My favorite thing about that game was seeing all of the fans of the schools not playing. There were quite a bit of SFA alumni there cheering for Sam, and I saw some UCA ones as well.

Professor Chaos
December 21st, 2016, 10:00 AM
Does anyone know when the YSU AD had to make this decision about returning the tickets without being on the hook to sell them? Unless he had to make that decision early in the playoffs you'd think he would've had the common sense to call NDSU AD Matt Larsen (or former AD Gene Taylor - now at Iowa) to ask them about what the expect.

NorthChuckSouth
December 21st, 2016, 10:18 AM
We could make a few arguments on this topic

penguinpower
December 21st, 2016, 10:39 AM
Does anyone know when the YSU AD had to make this decision about returning the tickets without being on the hook to sell them? Unless he had to make that decision early in the playoffs you'd think he would've had the common sense to call NDSU AD Matt Larsen (or former AD Gene Taylor - now at Iowa) to ask them about what the expect.

My understanding is that they were on the hook after the second round if YSU advanced. Not sure how truthfull that explanation is at this point but if true it sounds to me that they may not have expected the team to be there, or since they lost $80k they weren't willing to be on the hook for $250k

Professor Chaos
December 21st, 2016, 10:41 AM
My understanding is that they were on the hook after the second round if YSU advanced. Not sure how truthfull that explanation is at this point but if true it sounds to me that they may not have expected the team to be there, or since they lost $80k they weren't willing to be on the hook for $250k
Well, that would make more sense then. Still, it's an incredible lack of foresight by the AD.

penguinpower
December 21st, 2016, 10:48 AM
Well, that would make more sense then. Still, it's an incredible lack of foresight by the AD.
Yes. They could have sent out a simple poll asking about interest to season ticket holders. The community is in an uproar and some say they will demand a change be made in the athletic department. Honestly, the way I feel is that they bent over backwards to ensure that the playoff games were at home and the fans let the university down. Now it's the other way around and the fans don't like it. What is upsetting is that they screwed the season ticket holders. Otherwise the fair weather fans can hitchhike there and scalp a ticket for all I care. I am sick and tired of the lack of support and the excuses for not going to games and always being asked for free ticket.

Sent from my SM-G930T using Tapatalk

walliver
December 21st, 2016, 10:59 AM
In their defense, there could be some risk in taking all 4000 tickets. It is well-known that NDSU fans bought up beaucoups of tickets when they first went on sale, and may be flooding the market with cheap tickets. On the other hand, YSU should have aggressively sold as many as possible prior to releasing the tickets.

TheKingpin28
December 21st, 2016, 12:15 PM
Was that the first NDSU/SHSU game? I think I saw Trans Am Bison that game going up and down the stairs in his pimp coat.

My favorite thing about that game was seeing all of the fans of the schools not playing. There were quite a bit of SFA alumni there cheering for Sam, and I saw some UCA ones as well.

Yeah that was the first one.

https://scontent.xx.fbcdn.net/v/t1.0-9/373959_10150511550579444_1834877564_n.jpg?oh=3fedd cbed8d54728bce1cc4dd5723177&oe=58AFA0FF

https://scontent.xx.fbcdn.net/v/t1.0-9/376118_10150475880314444_1941837452_n.jpg?oh=650ed ef8567f77c71124c6c16f56836d&oe=58DC0E1D

NDSUtk
December 21st, 2016, 12:30 PM
Yeah that was the first one.

https://scontent.xx.fbcdn.net/v/t1.0-9/373959_10150511550579444_1834877564_n.jpg?oh=3fedd cbed8d54728bce1cc4dd5723177&oe=58AFA0FF

https://scontent.xx.fbcdn.net/v/t1.0-9/376118_10150475880314444_1941837452_n.jpg?oh=650ed ef8567f77c71124c6c16f56836d&oe=58DC0E1D
Ha, I'm in that picture on the bottom left. First row, 4 of us - I had my turf sweatshirt on at that point so I'm in grey.

Paladin1aa
December 21st, 2016, 12:46 PM
Lets be serious - I was a LONG time Penguin Club member, had season tickets for 20 years. When the current AD got the job, it was well known he was a "good ole boy" and bent over kissing the butts in the loges. Attendance started to go down years ago when he got hired. He made poor coach selections , scheduled poorly, rarely promoted games but made sure the loge folks had good food, waited on hand & foot and treated like royalty and got what they insisted on ( 6 home games every year for the big bucks they spent).

Business owners in the Penguin Club bought big blocks of tickets and passed them out for free to employees and customers. Bread company promoted two for one tickets. Everything was CHEAP !! The AD even kept a long time LOSING men's Basketball coach ( as he was paid cheaply) and destroyed the program in the process.

I stopped buying Penguin Club seats 2 years ago and stopped coming to BB games 3 years ago. I won't be back until he is gone. Sure, I support YSU teams but only cheering on from the TV set. Many feel the same way and the attendance dropped seriously at the same time I stopped coming. The athletic dept is in shambles and will remain so. YSU was content hiring a former incompetent FB player as its AD. Choke on him as long as you want. Its up to Tressel to fire his boy or take the consequences. And then deal with the $$$$$$$$$ guys in the loges.

Merry Christmas

TheKingpin28
December 21st, 2016, 12:53 PM
Ha, I'm in that picture on the bottom left. First row, 4 of us - I had my turf sweatshirt on at that point so I'm in grey.

It was crazy being on the SHSU side. Every time they would get loud, our section would get louder. Some solid banter on both sides of the aisle (no pun intended).

So you pretty much had the exact same spots as me except 5 rows closer.

RootinFerDukes
December 21st, 2016, 12:56 PM
I know I can probably google it, but what is a Loge holder at YSU? It sounds like you have the Penguin Club, a donor club just like JMU's Duke Club that almost any university has. What's the difference?

kdinva
December 21st, 2016, 02:06 PM
That is great news for the Duke fans. If YSU fans want to go there are always tickets.

and per google and bing maps, Youngstown is only 25 miles "further" than Harrisonburg to Frisco....

penguinpower
December 21st, 2016, 02:37 PM
So I just heard from Dana Balish at WFMJ in Youngstown that YSU was required to buy their allotment after the Jax State game. Based on waning attendance thru the season the school put in for 1000 tickets at $75 each. They made the decision based on attendance at regular season games and wanted to avoid the risk of eating the FBS payday in those tickets. There you have it. If they would have told everyone that up front it would have been better.

penguinpower
December 21st, 2016, 02:44 PM
Also the NCAA wants payment for the tickets even if your team doesn't make it. Then the university would have to dump the tickets. That's borderline retarded.

BisonFanAnn
December 21st, 2016, 03:29 PM
Also the NCAA wants payment for the tickets even if your team doesn't make it. Then the university would have to dump the tickets. That's borderline retarded.

That makes no sense at all. Presumably there are 4000 seats allotted for the home team, 4000 for the away team. It's the same 8000 seats, regardless of which two teams end up going.

Even the NCAA couldn't be so far out that they would charge multiple teams for the same seats.

Do teams that don't make the quarters or semis, or teams that have a lower bid and play away, still have to pay their bid for those games, or only for games that the actually host?

Bisonator
December 21st, 2016, 06:41 PM
So I just heard from Dana Balish at WFMJ in Youngstown that YSU was required to buy their allotment after the Jax State game. Based on waning attendance thru the season the school put in for 1000 tickets at $75 each. They made the decision based on attendance at regular season games and wanted to avoid the risk of eating the FBS payday in those tickets. There you have it. If they would have told everyone that up front it would have been better.
That's bull****. They give the 2 teams that win the semi's 4000 tickets each. Someone at YSU is trying to blow smoke up your asses.

BisonTru
December 21st, 2016, 06:54 PM

1. You are not on the hook for the tickets if you don't make the championship. If that was the case NDSU, EWU, SHSU, ect. would have all bought and paid for 4K seats. That didn't happen.

2. If your AD is telling the truth that you had to give the NCAA a number of tickets you wanted after the JSU game, why knowing NDSU is on the opposite side of the bracket and a possible finalist opponent would you not request the maximum. NDSU fans already scarfed up the GA tickets. They would have easily taken the 3K they gave up, and the stadium would have been 15 to 1.

3. Your home attendance at one game was reported a little under 20K. Now I'm sure that number is inflated some, but to think your fanbase couldn't sell more than a 1K tickets for a championship game with 3 weeks to prepare? That's just a horrible pulse on their own fanbase.

4. Screw it if you eat a little money. Runs like this can spur a lot of interest not only from fans but recruits. Bet on your fans and players.

There's no way around this your Athletic Department screwed up, big time. They left a lot of fans out to dry. No push for charter planes or travel packages. Nothing, and they'll keep doing it if people don't demand better.

Bisonoline
December 21st, 2016, 07:49 PM

That makes no sense. Then the teams making the natty wouldnt have tickets.

ytownchief22
December 21st, 2016, 08:18 PM

Dana Balash of the media is another goody too shoes. Won't ask the hard, tough questions to anyone in YSU. Can't trust anything he says. As for the AD, he is terrible and needs to go. YSU athletic department as a whole screwed the pooch on this thing. Still hopeful to see plenty of red down there in Frisco!

Penguin Nation
December 22nd, 2016, 07:28 PM
The YSU Athletic Department screwed up, and then openly lied about it. Heads should roll but won't.

BEAR
December 22nd, 2016, 08:02 PM
Your athletic department is worse than ours?....no its not!

Did your athletic department make free phone calls to tailgate spot holders to get them to renew? Ours didn't.
Did your athletic department advertise ONE football game to the local and state media outlets. Ours didn't.
Did your athletic department advertise their athletic fund or solicit memberships for donations? Ours didn't.
Did your athletic department send in stories to the local press about student athletes off field accomplishments? Ours didn't.
Did your athletic department update their website with results of completed games? Ours didn't.
Did your athletic department advertise players on field accomplishments? Ours didn't.

Bottom line...ours didn't. It sucks! They won't even take volunteers to help with the above things!

BisonTru
December 22nd, 2016, 08:06 PM
They still gave back 3K tickets they could have reserved for their fans. Penguins Win!

Bisonoline
December 22nd, 2016, 11:54 PM
They still gave back 3K tickets they could have reserved for their fans. Penguins Win!

Hard to beat that performance.

BisonTru
December 23rd, 2016, 10:12 AM
2. Participating Institutions. Tickets for seats in sections 100-107 (4,000 spectators) will be reserved for the home team to sell via its institutional outlets. 350 band seats will also be held for the home team on the stage. Tickets for seats in sections 126-133 (4,000 spectators) will be reserved for the visiting team to sell via its institutional outlets. 350 band seats will also be held for the visiting team on the stage. Each team is required to purchase not less than 1,000 tickets. Ticket prices are $65 sideline; and $75 midfield. A seating manifest will be emailed by Trina Simerly to each of the four semifinal teams.
Not later than Sunday, December 18 each institution shall inform Trina Simerly how many tickets they would like for the championship game (and their locations). Confirmed sales only will be printed and shipped via next-day delivery to each institution by AXS. Ticket links will be provided to ticket managers for the remaining block (with Flash Seats as the required method of delivery).
A participating institution may return any unsold tickets. They will need to inform Trina Simerly at the NCAA ([email protected]; 317-917-6516) of the number of electronic tickets to be returned and their location no later than 5 p.m. Eastern time Monday, December 26. No hard ticket returns will be accepted. Once the competing institutions release the tickets being retained, the NCAA and Team Frisco may use them for sale to the general public.
The NCAA will invoice the participating institutions for all tickets taken and payment will be due to the NCAA not later than 30 days after the date of the championship game.

- This was posted on bisonville by a YSU fan. YSU's AD is full of ****. Not only weren't they required to pay for the tickets before hand, but as long as they requested flash seats (online tickets) they had until Monday the 26th to sell them or they could return them.

Penguin Nation
December 23rd, 2016, 10:39 AM
2. Participating Institutions. Tickets for seats in sections 100-107 (4,000 spectators) will be reserved for the home team to sell via its institutional outlets. 350 band seats will also be held for the home team on the stage. Tickets for seats in sections 126-133 (4,000 spectators) will be reserved for the visiting team to sell via its institutional outlets. 350 band seats will also be held for the visiting team on the stage. Each team is required to purchase not less than 1,000 tickets. Ticket prices are $65 sideline; and $75 midfield. A seating manifest will be emailed by Trina Simerly to each of the four semifinal teams.
Not later than Sunday, December 18 each institution shall inform Trina Simerly how many tickets they would like for the championship game (and their locations). Confirmed sales only will be printed and shipped via next-day delivery to each institution by AXS. Ticket links will be provided to ticket managers for the remaining block (with Flash Seats as the required method of delivery).
A participating institution may return any unsold tickets. They will need to inform Trina Simerly at the NCAA ([email protected]; 317-917-6516) of the number of electronic tickets to be returned and their location no later than 5 p.m. Eastern time Monday, December 26. No hard ticket returns will be accepted. Once the competing institutions release the tickets being retained, the NCAA and Team Frisco may use them for sale to the general public.
The NCAA will invoice the participating institutions for all tickets taken and payment will be due to the NCAA not later than 30 days after the date of the championship game.

- This was posted on bisonville by a YSU fan. YSU's AD is full of ****. Not only weren't they required to pay for the tickets before hand, but as long as they requested flash seats (online tickets) they had until Monday the 26th to sell them or they could return them.

It was a risk-free loan. Not a penny had the chance to be wasted. Epic incompetence from the YSU AD.

NDSUtk
December 23rd, 2016, 11:48 AM
Your athletic department is worse than ours?....no its not!

Did your athletic department make free phone calls to tailgate spot holders to get them to renew? Ours didn't.
Did your athletic department advertise ONE football game to the local and state media outlets. Ours didn't.
Did your athletic department advertise their athletic fund or solicit memberships for donations? Ours didn't.
Did your athletic department send in stories to the local press about student athletes off field accomplishments? Ours didn't.
Did your athletic department update their website with results of completed games? Ours didn't.
Did your athletic department advertise players on field accomplishments? Ours didn't.

Bottom line...ours didn't. It sucks! They won't even take volunteers to help with the above things!
Good grief do you even have an athletic department?

Paladin1aa
December 23rd, 2016, 12:06 PM
Thats classic moRon, PN. He should have been fired years ago. He screws up yearly. YSU wonders where the crowds went. This is anal.

BisonTru
December 23rd, 2016, 12:37 PM
Yeah, you guys might need a new fan forum as well. The mods over there are homer Nazi's.

BEAR
December 23rd, 2016, 08:26 PM
Good grief do you even have an athletic department?

Lots of people making money holding positions...nothing getting done.

penguinpower
December 24th, 2016, 03:56 AM
http://www.vindy.com/news/2016/dec/24/demand-for-tickets-catches-ysu-off-guard/?mobile

JMUNJ08
December 25th, 2016, 12:09 AM
http://www.vindy.com/news/2016/dec/24/demand-for-tickets-catches-ysu-off-guard/?mobile

Spin city! I guess we put in a bid for 7k hard tickets then... protected the stadium. They even threw in EWU? I'm surprised we had our group size in Fargo which is closer/ easier to get to than Cheney... all hogwash by YSU. A monkey with darts could have done better

penguinpower
December 25th, 2016, 05:51 AM
Spin city! I guess we put in a bid for 7k hard tickets then... protected the stadium. They even threw in EWU? I'm surprised we had our group size in Fargo which is closer/ easier to get to than Cheney... all hogwash by YSU. A monkey with darts could have done better

They have some splainin' to do. This isn't over from a fan perspective. I am hearing that the airing of the grievances will occur after the game byou many season ticket holders.

LuckyKat
December 25th, 2016, 06:37 AM
Pfbbttt,
Take a Gander at Katfans if you want all the Dirt

Penguin Nation
December 25th, 2016, 07:18 AM
Yeah, you guys might need a new fan forum as well. The mods over there are homer Nazi's.

For a few years there was a great one, letsgoguins.com. It was fun, it was loose, but like YSU FB before Bo....it just withered away

grayghost06
December 25th, 2016, 11:28 PM

Pretty accurate assessment. If our board mods had that "protect the admin" attitude, we'd have about 3 members.

caribbeanhen
December 26th, 2016, 07:04 AM
Pretty accurate assessment. If our board mods had that "protect the admin" attitude, we'd have about 3 members.

I have never visited a JMU board but was tipped off that I had my own thread on one of your boards.... one eye open...

Redbird 4th & short
December 26th, 2016, 09:29 AM
They have some splainin' to do. This isn't over from a fan perspective. I am hearing that the airing of the grievances will occur after the game byou many season ticket holders.
I'm with Penguin Power .. definitely some moderators protecting the Sports Admin folks and AD Strollo.

In 2014, ISU had just 5,000 Redbird fans hosting 1st round playoff game against UNI .. students were gone of course. Round 2, we had to fly 2500 miles to EWU and had less than 150 fans, good portion being players families. Round 3, flew 1200 miles to UNH and had less than 300 fans. For championship, we had close to 4,000 .. after getting just 5,000 in our backyard in round 1.

Our Sports Admin made mistakes early and corrected them immediately to ensure we got and used our entire allotment. YSU Sports Admin made many mistakes and told several lies to cover it up. They need to own up to their mistakes (with as little spin as possible), if they expect the earn back any confidence and trust from their fan base.

And YSU AD Strollo owes a big thank you to JMU for beating Bison in semis .. or there would be zero tickets on market if Bison were playing with Frisco capacity reduced to 18k due to end zone construction. Imagine if they had to explain giving Bison 3k more tickets going into game against Bison.

Professor
December 27th, 2016, 11:39 AM
Interesting complaints about the NCAA.........