PDA

View Full Version : 7 Additional JMU Players Suspended

superman7515
December 19th, 2016, 11:03 PM
https://jamesmadison.rivals.com/news/seven-james-madison-football-players-suspended

HARRISONBURG – The James Madison University football program has suspended seven players, according to the school’s athletic department.

The suspensions occur as James Madison prepares to play for its second NCAA FCS championship. On Jan. 7, the Dukes face Youngstown State in Frisco, Texas.

On Monday, JMU football coach Mike Houston said he would have no further comment and would not elaborate on the nature of the offenses that led to the suspensions.

After beating North Dakota State in the FCS semifinals on Friday, Houston confirmed that wide receiver Terrence Alls and linebacker Brandon Hereford were “suspended indefinitely." Neither played in the win inside the FargoDome.

“We have a very high standard of expectation for our players and their conduct, both on and off the field,” Houston said on Friday. “Unfortunately, I had some guys that did not meet that standard. We’re going to do right, so they have been suspended indefinitely.”

Kevin Warner, JMU Assistant Athletic Director for Communications, said Monday the school would not release the names of the suspended players. He did not give a reason...

grayghost06
December 19th, 2016, 11:30 PM
Pretty sure they are not additional to Alls & Hereford. The guys that played against NDSU "should" be playing against Y'town.

jmuwishyouhadadukedog
December 19th, 2016, 11:31 PM
To clarify: the 7 suspended referenced here are only suspended players we have. Only two are definitively known, that being Brandon Hereford (regular season leading tackler) and Terrance Alls (#2 receiver). Neither played against NDSU.

superman7515
December 19th, 2016, 11:41 PM
Pretty sure they are not additional to Alls & Hereford. The guys that played against NDSU "should" be playing against Y'town.

Ah, thanks for the clarification, I mistook it that there were seven plus the two we already knew about.

UNHWildcat18
December 20th, 2016, 12:17 AM
That sucks that one of the best defensive players and top 2 wide receiver couldn't keep their **** together off the field.

Bisonoline
December 20th, 2016, 12:27 AM
That sucks that one of the best defensive players and top 2 wide receiver couldn't keep their **** together off the field.

What about the other 5? Did they play against NDSU? Or ar they just now suspended after confirmation?

FUBeAR
December 20th, 2016, 12:45 AM
Wow! So, maybe JMU's suspended Players should take on YSU's suspended Players in a 7-on-7 exhibition game at halftime xeyebrowx

JK, but I hope the pre-game / game coverage doesn't even mention this ish. Not a good 'look' for FCS Football, dangit.

UNHWildcat18
December 20th, 2016, 01:23 AM
What about the other 5? Did they play against NDSU? Or ar they just now suspended after confirmation?

I haven't read into it but I don't think any of those seven played against the bison. Hope Alls plays in the NC kid is a beast

Horatio
December 20th, 2016, 01:23 AM
It looks like the Youngstown players are still going to have to, Duke it out in Frisco

citdog
December 20th, 2016, 01:29 AM
It looks like the Youngstown players are still going to have to, Duke it out in Frisco

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fTOmW43lpTY

caribbeanhen
December 20th, 2016, 03:42 AM
CBDS is here, Big Pharma/gwph is cultivating marijuana for kids in the form of prescription drugs for epilepsy..... it will take some time but eventually the NCAA will come around to the High Times... you can probably get a prescription for medical marijuana in how many states now? these players bodies take a beating don't think a little mid week toke is going to hurt anything

UNHWildcat18
December 20th, 2016, 04:47 AM
So I guess 5/7 players suspended were starters. Houston laying down the iron hammer

Gangtackle11
December 20th, 2016, 05:26 AM
Puts a taint on this for sure.

mcveyrl
December 20th, 2016, 05:30 AM

My understanding is that none of the seven played against NDSU. The only "contributors" to the team were Alls and Hereford so they had to eventually say something about them. If I remember the broadcast correctly they were listed as "Coach's Decision".

I believe what happened (complete speculation) is that we were notified of the positive tests after the SHSU game and knew it would take a week for the B sample tests to come back and for an official NCAA suspension, but Houston suspended those guys in the interim.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Big Duke
December 20th, 2016, 05:33 AM
This all took place prior to the NDSU game and is now just being released. Same team that played NDSU will be playing YSU

Bison56
December 20th, 2016, 10:54 AM

https://s-media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com/originals/31/2e/b0/312eb09060a3618c76143379f481aae3.gif (https://www.google.com/url?sa=i&rct=j&q=&esrc=s&source=images&cd=&cad=rja&uact=8&ved=0ahUKEwiU-6SLnoPRAhVB74MKHdNFDSgQjRwIBw&url=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.pinterest.com%2Fpin%2F549439 223266604241%2F&psig=AFQjCNFiiq2x98uI_KjSGPO44e2afmQdjg&ust=1482339207721144)

RootinFerDukes
December 20th, 2016, 01:53 PM
This all took place prior to the NDSU game and is now just being released. Same team that played NDSU will be playing YSU

DING DING DING DING DING! WINNER WINNER CHICKEN DINNER!

Lets stop making this into more than it is. Its disappointing, but it's the same players that just beat NDSU on Friday. YSU will have the same players that just beat EWU on saturday. No one is any more disadvantaged then they were before.

jmufan999
December 20th, 2016, 02:08 PM
DING DING DING DING DING! WINNER WINNER CHICKEN DINNER!

Lets stop making this into more than it is. Its disappointing, but it's the same players that just beat NDSU on Friday. YSU will have the same players that just beat EWU on saturday. No one is any more disadvantaged then they were before.

exactly. and to the UNH fan who mentioned it: you're right, Alls is an absolute beast. real shame he won't be able to play in the NC game. it will be a valuable lesson for him. hopefully he (and the other guys) mature from this.

Gangtackle11
December 20th, 2016, 02:26 PM
My understanding is that none of the seven played against NDSU. The only "contributors" to the team were Alls and Hereford so they had to eventually say something about them. If I remember the broadcast correctly they were listed as "Coach's Decision".

I believe what happened (complete speculation) is that we were notified of the positive tests after the SHSU game and knew it would take a week for the B sample tests to come back and for an official NCAA suspension, but Houston suspended those guys in the interim.

This makes the most sense since the NCAA tests about 15 players the week before the game & several after each game.

AmsterBison
December 20th, 2016, 02:32 PM
This makes the most sense since the NCAA tests about 15 players the week before the game & several after each game.

I'm not seeing any confirmation that none of the seven played against NDSU. We know two didn't and that's it. Or am I missing something?

Big Duke
December 20th, 2016, 02:44 PM
I'm not seeing any confirmation that none of the seven played against NDSU. We know two didn't and that's it. Or am I missing something?
Coach Houston was on XM 84 college sports The Playbook at 2:00 est today. He stated that 7 players were suspended prior to the NDSU game and none of the 7 played in that game

jmuwishyouhadadukedog
December 20th, 2016, 02:47 PM

While I've seen nothing 'conclusive', per se, the rumors of seven people being suspended all came out well before the NDSU game.

Even your board picked up the rumor on 12/14/2016 (before the NDSU game). http://www.bisonville.com/forum/showthread.php?37869-JMU-board-posters-saying-7-JMU-players-suspended-for-same-issues-at-YSU

Do you think its likely that they'd hold out Hereford and Alls but let other players play? Piecing all the information I've seen, I'd wager money that none of the seven suspended players played against NDSU.

AmsterBison
December 20th, 2016, 03:17 PM
While I've seen nothing 'conclusive', per se, the rumors of seven people being suspended all came out well before the NDSU game.

Even your board picked up the rumor on 12/14/2016 (before the NDSU game). http://www.bisonville.com/forum/showthread.php?37869-JMU-board-posters-saying-7-JMU-players-suspended-for-same-issues-at-YSU

Do you think its likely that they'd hold out Hereford and Alls but let other players play? Piecing all the information I've seen, I'd wager money that none of the seven suspended players played against NDSU.

Well, unless they got tested after the game too. But, hey, if it didn't involve PEDs, I don't care.

Just seems like JMU and YSU have more drug suspensions for the championship game than the last 10 years combined. Given the high rate of positives, it makes me wonder if the drug testing protocol has changed or whether Frisco should substitute anti-drug PSAs for the intro videos this year.

Hoboken Dukes
December 20th, 2016, 03:25 PM
will also impact next season, as Alls & Hereford will have to sit out half the season.

the key here, as mentioned elsewhere, is Kirsch. he was never going to play vs NDSU, and was out for SHSU as well. so his absence in those games doesn't tell us anything as it relates to availability for the championship. there were musings on the jmu message boards that Kirsch won't play in the natty regardless of the state of his ankle. so no one can confirm whether or not Kirsch is even available for the big game were his ankle to recover enough in time.

BisonBacker
December 20th, 2016, 03:59 PM

You and everyone else is supposed to just take the word of the fans and their coach xlolx

ASU33
December 20th, 2016, 04:44 PM
This sucks. Hopefully these young men will learn from this.

crossfire07
December 20th, 2016, 05:00 PM
Its no secret the NCAA does a lot of testing during the post season so it is kind of hard to have sympathy for these idiots. geez

SUPharmacist
December 21st, 2016, 07:42 PM
What exactly were the suspensions for? I don't understand the reluctance to discuss this by JMU and YSU. It seems like both schools are taking appropriate actions, but wouldn't it make a better example if it was clear to all what went down to discourage future problems.

RootinFerDukes
December 21st, 2016, 08:12 PM
What exactly were the suspensions for? I don't understand the reluctance to discuss this by JMU and YSU. It seems like both schools are taking appropriate actions, but wouldn't it make a better example if it was clear to all what went down to discourage future problems.

Maybe some are seniors and could have NFL prospects damaged? Maybe it's a violation of some policy to disclose that information? Does it really matter?
Players are suspended all the time for a "violation of team rules". It's also wrong to comment on pending legal/criminal matters.
Our curiosity frankly isn't as important as the privacy of players. That's just my opinion.
They're suspended and that's all we really need to know.

mcveyrl
December 21st, 2016, 08:38 PM
You and everyone else is supposed to just take the word of the fans and their coach xlolx

You don't have to take the fans' word but why would a coach lie about something like this that's easily verifiable once the names come out, or once a key contributor in Fargo is not in Frisco?

Bisonwinagn
December 21st, 2016, 10:17 PM
Maybe some are seniors and could have NFL prospects damaged? Maybe it's a violation of some policy to disclose that information? Does it really matter?
Players are suspended all the time for a "violation of team rules". It's also wrong to comment on pending legal/criminal matters.
Our curiosity frankly isn't as important as the privacy of players. That's just my opinion.
They're suspended and that's all we really need to know.

**** player privacy. I'm so ****ing tired of hearing about player privacy. If they were tested positive by the NCAA then they should be required to say exactly in specific detail exactly what happened. In fact the NCAA should suspend the player and issue a press release for the reasons or why the **** are they being tested in the first place if it's only for show. **** the players.

Thumper 76
December 22nd, 2016, 12:37 AM
**** player privacy. I'm so ****ing tired of hearing about player privacy. If they were tested positive by the NCAA then they should be required to say exactly in specific detail exactly what happened. In fact the NCAA should suspend the player and issue a press release for the reasons or why the **** are they being tested in the first place if it's only for show. **** the players.

Jesus, someone's a butt hurt little bitch about the last game eh?

TheKingpin28
December 22nd, 2016, 01:32 AM
Jesus, someone's a butt hurt little bitch about the last game eh?

It happens to those of us who are not the emotional fair weather fans. They just get so in to it and bleed green and gold that they truly support NDSU more than the rest of us.

penguinpower
December 22nd, 2016, 04:20 AM

I support this for several reasons.

1. Athletes have privileges that the general student body does not have.
2. Some public shaming would go a long way in preventing future bad decisions
3. Increases peer pressure on the teams

PAllen
December 22nd, 2016, 08:58 AM

Which would be the right thing for the team to do.

RootinFerDukes
December 22nd, 2016, 08:59 AM

So you're okay with your personal issues being aired in a public forum? Does everyone at your employer need to know why you aren't working there anymore, for example? Do they need to send out a company wide email?

Bisonator
December 22nd, 2016, 09:05 AM
Why not release the names? They are adults. If there is already 2 names known, why the double standard?

Thumper 76
December 22nd, 2016, 09:14 AM
Why not release the names? They are adults. If there is already 2 names known, why the double standard?

I would assume the two are known because it's pretty easy to peg when a starter isn't playing or didn't even get on the plane.

BisonBacker
December 22nd, 2016, 09:19 AM
So you're okay with your personal issues being aired in a public forum? Does everyone at your employer need to know why you aren't working there anymore, for example? Do they need to send out a company wide email?

I love how some of the JMU folks are trying to defend this.
1. They didn't play against ------- so it's ok you just have to believe us.
2. The example quoted above. Apples to oranges comparisons to defer criticism.

These players are legal adults and in most cases likely accepting scholarship money to play a sport at a public institution taking tax dollars from the State. As part of the institution is it's sports teams where money is spent to have the damn team. That team represents not only the school but falls under NCAA rules if they want to compete in said sports sponsored by the NCAA. Comparing that to a privately employed individual and any employment issue that person may theoretically have is idiotic. The more the school and it's fans defer this issue and it is an issue whether you want to admit it or not just makes the school and it's sports team(s) along with any fans defending it look bad.

Here is another issue that has been swept under the rug. Given only a certain percentage of players were tested (not the whole team) and by those numbers reported 43% of those tested failed I think the whole damn team ought to be tested. Would prove interesting to see those results. If 43% of those tested were in violation I think it's reasonable to believe had the whole team been tested more would be on the out looking in. But that's ok though because you guys say it is xcoffeex

RootinFerDukes
December 22nd, 2016, 09:33 AM

I do wish they'd name all seven to just be done with it, but it appears to be a don't ask, don't tell kind of situation. The two who were named were only named because our beat writer directly asked Coach Houston about them because he noticed they didn't play against NDSU and then Houston was honest when directly asked.
The five other names were never mentioned, so therefore never told.

mcveyrl
December 22nd, 2016, 10:04 AM
I love how some of the JMU folks are trying to defend this.
1. They didn't play against ------- so it's ok you just have to believe us.
2. The example quoted above. Apples to oranges comparisons to defer criticism.

These players are legal adults and in most cases likely accepting scholarship money to play a sport at a public institution taking tax dollars from the State. As part of the institution is it's sports teams where money is spent to have the damn team. That team represents not only the school but falls under NCAA rules if they want to compete in said sports sponsored by the NCAA. Comparing that to a privately employed individual and any employment issue that person may theoretically have is idiotic. The more the school and it's fans defer this issue and it is an issue whether you want to admit it or not just makes the school and it's sports team(s) along with any fans defending it look bad.

Here is another issue that has been swept under the rug. Given only a certain percentage of players were tested (not the whole team) and by those numbers reported 43% of those tested failed I think the whole damn team ought to be tested. Would prove interesting to see those results. If 43% of those tested were in violation I think it's reasonable to believe had the whole team been tested more would be on the out looking in. But that's ok though because you guys say it is xcoffeex

I understand your gripe and I also wish they'd just release the names, but your last paragraph cherry picks the parts of information and uses them to your advantage. We don't know how many players were tested, all I've seen is what posters on here say. They might've tested 30 players, who knows...regardless, it's embarrassing to have one guy get hit.

Let me also ask this, if the participation chart for Frisco matches Fargo, would you concede that the suspended players didn't play against NDSU? Or is there some alternate conspiracy at work here?

BisonBacker
December 22nd, 2016, 10:26 AM
I understand your gripe and I also wish they'd just release the names, but your last paragraph cherry picks the parts of information and uses them to your advantage. We don't know how many players were tested, all I've seen is what posters on here say. They might've tested 30 players, who knows...regardless, it's embarrassing to have one guy get hit.

Let me also ask this, if the participation chart for Frisco matches Fargo, would you concede that the suspended players didn't play against NDSU? Or is there some alternate conspiracy at work here?

Cherry Picking? Not at all. Just stating the obvious for those who are not wearing blinders. As to the last question it answers nothing.

mcveyrl
December 22nd, 2016, 10:30 AM
Cherry Picking? Not at all. Just stating the obvious for those who are not wearing blinders. As to the last question it answers nothing.

How many players were tested?

BisonBacker
December 22nd, 2016, 10:33 AM
How many players were tested?

I read 16 somewhere. If true it's a shame the whole team wasn't.

mcveyrl
December 22nd, 2016, 10:34 AM
I read 16 somewhere. If true it's a shame the whole team wasn't.

I read somewhere that none of the guys who were suspended played against NDSU.

BisonBacker
December 22nd, 2016, 10:39 AM
I read somewhere that none of the guys who were suspended played against NDSU.

Like I said take the blinders off. Your own message board people who are saying the same thing as you about "believe me" and "I have inside information" by "people involved in the program" were the source. But enjoy the game and experience if it doesn't bother you that your team is of questionable character individuals. It's sad because I'm sure there are great individuals on the team as the questions left unanswered only make the entire team and coaching staff look dirty.

Oh and if it makes you feel any better same thing goes for YSU.

Rather than call it the chipper it should be called the reefer or maybe the PED Bowl.

mcveyrl
December 22nd, 2016, 10:43 AM
Like I said take the blinders off. Your own message board people who are saying the same thing as you about "believe me" and "I have inside information" by "people involved in the program" were the source. But enjoy the game and experience if it doesn't bother you that your team is of questionable character individuals. It's sad because I'm sure there are great individuals on the team as the questions left unanswered only make the entire team and coaching staff look dirty.

Rather than call it the chipper it should be called the reefer or maybe the PED Bowl.

The school issued a statement on Tuesday that none of the suspended players played against NDSU. That's probably better information than you "reading somewhere" that 16 players were tested.

BisonBacker
December 22nd, 2016, 10:46 AM
The school issued a statement on Tuesday that none of the suspended players played against NDSU. That's probably better information than you "reading somewhere" that 16 players were tested.

Yeah because we all know the school is being so up front and honest about the whole thing by providing details so all other schools, players and fans have no unanswered questions as to the legitimacy of the program in question.

mcveyrl
December 22nd, 2016, 10:52 AM
Yeah because we all know the school is being so up front and honest about the whole thing by providing details so all other schools, players and fans have no unanswered questions as to the legitimacy of the program in question.

Well, I'll go back to my last question. If participation in Frisco matches participation in Fargo, does that not prove the suspended players didn't play against NDSU? And if you say it doesn't, how?

ysubigred
December 22nd, 2016, 10:52 AM

Hey!! leave YSU out of this! We already took our lumps and the name are out.

Carry on xrolleyesx

DirtyDukes
December 22nd, 2016, 10:54 AM
Hey!! leave YSU out of this! We already took our lumps and the name are out.

Carry on xrolleyesx

The school didn't release the names, though, right?

BisonBacker
December 22nd, 2016, 10:55 AM
Well, I'll go back to my last question. If participation in Frisco matches participation in Fargo, does that not prove the suspended players didn't play against NDSU? And if you say it doesn't, how?

If Houston had any credibility he'd have the entire team tested and release the names of those who failed the tests. You can try to deflect all you want but it won't work. Your entire team has a shadow cast on it by this and nothing you can say will change that FACT. Hiding behind closed doors and saying nothing further will be said on it by the coaches and school is BS.

ysubigred
December 22nd, 2016, 10:58 AM
The school didn't release the names, though, right?

They did. Plastered all over the local news.

BisonBacker
December 22nd, 2016, 11:00 AM

xcoffeex

JMU fans be xwhistlex

BisonBacker
December 22nd, 2016, 11:04 AM
JMU FANS on their own team issues.

http://animalfair.com/wp-content/uploads/2016/02/hear-no-evil-see-no-evil-speak-no-evil.jpg

mcveyrl
December 22nd, 2016, 11:04 AM
If Houston had any credibility he'd have the entire team tested and release the names of those who failed the tests. You can try to deflect all you want but it won't work. Your entire team has a shadow cast on it by this and nothing you can say will change that FACT. Hiding behind closed doors and saying nothing further will be said on it by the coaches and school is BS.

So you're not really saying that any players that tested positive played in the game, you're saying the whole team is presumed guilty until proven innocent and shouldn't have played in the game.

BisonBacker
December 22nd, 2016, 11:05 AM
So you're not really saying that any players that tested positive played in the game, you're saying the whole team is presumed guilty until proven innocent and shouldn't have played in the game.

See my last post. Which one are you?

DirtyDukes
December 22nd, 2016, 11:14 AM

The school didn't release the names. They still haven't confirmed the names. You're wrong.

NCAA determines who takes the tests. Also Houston's credibility is fine due to the fact he just beat the #1 seed without those players. You just sound like you can't eat enough of your SOUR GRAPES.

BisonBacker
December 22nd, 2016, 11:15 AM
The school didn't release the names. They still haven't confirmed the names. You're wrong.

NCAA determines who takes the tests. Also Houston's credibility is fine due to the fact he just beat the #1 seed without those players. You just sound like you can't eat enough of your SOUR GRAPES.

How many other players on your team would have failed if tested? No sour grapes at all. Just don't like cheaters.

BisonBacker
December 22nd, 2016, 11:18 AM

Yeah because taking transfers from FBS schools where the player was dismissed for "undisclosed" reasons screams integrity xlolx

Lehigh'98
December 22nd, 2016, 11:42 AM
How many other players on your team would have failed if tested? No sour grapes at all. Just don't like cheaters.

Has NDSU ever done this?

BisonBacker
December 22nd, 2016, 11:53 AM
Has NDSU ever done this?

In 7 years one player was suspended and that was for Academics. Yes it was released to the public. xcoffeex

Thumper 76
December 22nd, 2016, 12:19 PM

Marijuana is cheating? So how about kids that get a ticket for underage drinking? Is that cheating?

Bisonoline
December 22nd, 2016, 12:24 PM
Marijuana is cheating? So how about kids that get a ticket for underage drinking? Is that cheating?

How do we know it was for MJ? Could have been speed, coke and numerous other performance enhancing drugs. It doesnt have to be steroids to be a PED,

The thing is if that many got busted on a short sample how would be the results for the rest of the team. It does open up a big can of worms but they have no one to blame but themselves.

Lehigh'98
December 22nd, 2016, 12:28 PM
In 7 years one player was suspended and that was for Academics. Yes it was released to the public. xcoffeex

I meant testing all players as I think you were suggesting. Is that a common practice at NDSU?

Bisonoline
December 22nd, 2016, 12:30 PM
I meant testing all players as I think you were suggesting. Is that a common practice at NDSU?

If a bunch of our players pissed hot I think that would happen.

BisonTru
December 22nd, 2016, 12:40 PM
If a bunch of our players pissed hot I think that would happen.

There was some rumors last week that one of YSU's players failed and that triggered the whole team getting testing which caught the other 3. It's all hearsay stuff and that's all we're going to get since the NCAA and JMU have no obligation to say anything further, but it's possible the whole JMU team was tested.

The facts that we know and really all we will know is that 7 players were suspended, all 7 didn't play in the semis, all 7 won't play in the finals. If all or any of the 7 come back mid season next year we will know it was for recreational drugs and not PEDs.

ysubigred
December 22nd, 2016, 12:45 PM

Wait Whut!?!? I'm sure that "IF" the names of the YSU athletes that the news plastered all over the country was not accurate the University would have had them retract the story. xsmhx

SUPharmacist
December 22nd, 2016, 01:08 PM
As far as JMU and YSU in my eyes they are no better or worse than anyone else following the rules, and I do not view anything as tainted. I just think it would help any program, to publicly disclose the details when this happens to discourage future problems. I do not know how NDSU would handle it, but as a fan I would prefer transparency. Whether it is NCAA rules or team rules when you get caught breaking them why should it be private? As far as the comparison to an employer sharing info, I think we would be a lot better off if it was shared why people were terminated as well. I have seen many scenarios where something was brushed under the rug quietly and then others just continue the same behavior.

SeattleGriz
December 22nd, 2016, 01:56 PM
Well, unless they got tested after the game too. But, hey, if it didn't involve PEDs, I don't care.

Just seems like JMU and YSU have more drug suspensions for the championship game than the last 10 years combined. Given the high rate of positives, it makes me wonder if the drug testing protocol has changed or whether Frisco should substitute anti-drug PSAs for the intro videos this year.
Don't they add marijuana testing for the playoffs?

SeattleGriz
December 22nd, 2016, 02:00 PM
How do we know it was for MJ? Could have been speed, coke and numerous other performance enhancing drugs. It doesnt have to be steroids to be a PED,

The thing is if that many got busted on a short sample how would be the results for the rest of the team. It does open up a big can of worms but they have no one to blame but themselves.
It's marijuana. Stays in the system longer. If the guy was absolutely only a one time celebration user, there are still good chances to pee below the threshold for most drugs.

Bisonoline
December 22nd, 2016, 02:03 PM
It's marijuana. Stays in the system longer. If the guy was absolutely only a one time celebration user, there are still good chances to pee below the threshold for most drugs.

Yet we really dont know.

But higher the body fat the longer MJ stays in the system.

Milktruck74
December 22nd, 2016, 03:21 PM
MJ is lippophilic, so a fat and chronic user could pop positive 45 days after discontinuing uses....Skinny and occasional use is usually gone in a few days.

mcveyrl
December 22nd, 2016, 04:41 PM
There was some rumors last week that one of YSU's players failed and that triggered the whole team getting testing which caught the other 3. It's all hearsay stuff and that's all we're going to get since the NCAA and JMU have no obligation to say anything further, but it's possible the whole JMU team was tested.

The facts that we know and really all we will know is that 7 players were suspended, all 7 didn't play in the semis, all 7 won't play in the finals. If all or any of the 7 come back mid season next year we will know it was for recreational drugs and not PEDs.

I think this is a pretty objective assessment of where we're at in this situation.

BisonBacker
December 22nd, 2016, 05:37 PM
I think this is a pretty objective assessment of where we're at in this situation.

You want to believe that but with the lack of transparency with JMU nobody really knows how many players were tested after the initial findings of those who failed.

BisonBacker
December 22nd, 2016, 05:46 PM

You fail to realize that if it's MJ and the player using did it to overcome some pain issue from an injury that he otherwise wouldn't have been able to play without it yes it's cheating. Put it another way. Players from other teams in the same scenario I just described who follow the rules if unable to play because they are clean vs a JMU player using MJ who can play makes it cheating. From what others have said it's used to help control pain. I have never smoked the crap never had the desire so I'm going by what others who are more knowledgeable on MJ have said what it's used for. That's assuming it's not PED's and is MJ. Hell at this point nobody knows cuz all of us are just supposed to say OK if JMU say's so that must be the truth. That's laughable.

mcveyrl
December 22nd, 2016, 06:03 PM
You want to believe that but with the lack of transparency with JMU nobody really knows how many players were tested after the initial findings of those who failed.

This is where the term "cherry picking" comes in...earlier, you "read somewhere" that 16 guys got tested and rolled with that to come up with your whole 43% number and demand that the whole team be tested. But now "nobody really knows". Which is it?

I know you want transparency, but we're getting what we get. I think that's what BisonTru was saying. The difference is how you look at it. You assume that the whole team is dirty because of seven guys. I know seven guys got popped and can make no assumptions about the rest of the team. Same goes for YSU and their guys.

BisonBacker
December 22nd, 2016, 06:36 PM
This is where the term "cherry picking" comes in...earlier, you "read somewhere" that 16 guys got tested and rolled with that to come up with your whole 43% number and demand that the whole team be tested. But now "nobody really knows". Which is it?

I know you want transparency, but we're getting what we get. I think that's what BisonTru was saying. The difference is how you look at it. You assume that the whole team is dirty because of seven guys. I know seven guys got popped and can make no assumptions about the rest of the team. Same goes for YSU and their guys.

Talk about Cherry picking good lord. Ever hear of the adage where there's smoke there's fire? Shame on fans for wanting transparency. Who are we to demand that. Lets hide behind a coaching staff & administration who when caught doesn't want to clear the air. You need to take off the blinders.

mcveyrl
December 22nd, 2016, 07:30 PM
Talk about Cherry picking good lord. Ever hear of the adage where there's smoke there's fire? Shame on fans for wanting transparency. Who are we to demand that. Lets hide behind a coaching staff & administration who when caught doesn't want to clear the air. You need to take off the blinders.

The same blinders BisonTru has on I guess?

Bisonwinagn
December 22nd, 2016, 10:08 PM

Yes they should be made public if someone committed an NCAA violation. But I don't think the school should disclose it the NCAA should issue a press release of all their findings. Also I'm a part of an association with my profession and if I commit a violation even an ethics violation it is released to the public. There is absolutely no reason to keep this private and brush it under the rug. If it's ignored why do the testing in the first place is what my comment said. Just stop the testing and move on.

DoWe
December 23rd, 2016, 01:16 AM
I don't post around here often, but I feel a compelling urge to nominate BisonBacker as the most butthurt of the entire AGS community.

BB, life will get back to normal and I hope you and your family are able to salvage a Merry Christmas and or a Happy Holiday! Cheers!

RootinFerDukes
December 23rd, 2016, 08:02 AM
Yes they should be made public if someone committed an NCAA violation. But I don't think the school should disclose it the NCAA should issue a press release of all their findings. Also I'm a part of an association with my profession and if I commit a violation even an ethics violation it is released to the public. There is absolutely no reason to keep this private and brush it under the rug. If it's ignored why do the testing in the first place is what my comment said. Just stop the testing and move on.

I'm okay with the NCAA making public statements after results as long as it is consistently done to all schools across all divisional levels and sports. I do wish JMU would name all seven players so that there is transparency. Our entire fbs/no fbs debacle has clearly shown that the university loves to avoid transparency.

SkinsWizDukes
December 23rd, 2016, 09:14 AM
You fail to realize that if it's MJ and the player using did it to overcome some pain issue from an injury that he otherwise wouldn't have been able to play without it yes it's cheating. Put it another way. Players from other teams in the same scenario I just described who follow the rules if unable to play because they are clean vs a JMU player using MJ who can play makes it cheating. From what others have said it's used to help control pain. I have never smoked the crap never had the desire so I'm going by what others who are more knowledgeable on MJ have said what it's used for. That's assuming it's not PED's and is MJ. Hell at this point nobody knows cuz all of us are just supposed to say OK if JMU say's so that must be the truth. That's laughable.

What are your thoughts on Michael Phelps? Is he a cheater? Should he vacate all of his gold medals?

jmufan999
December 23rd, 2016, 09:32 AM
I don't post around here often, but I feel a compelling urge to nominate BisonBacker as the most butthurt of the entire AGS community.

hahaha.... it's pretty incredible. I'm having a great time reading it, just wondering how long it will go on. great entertainment. xpopcornx

BisonBacker
December 23rd, 2016, 09:57 AM

BB, life will get back to normal and I hope you and your family are able to salvage a Merry Christmas and or a Happy Holiday! Cheers!

It's a good thing you don't if that's the best you can come up with. Butt hurt? Not at all. Seeing a team with the lack of integrity or being led by those lacking integrity yeah I do. Go back to your fan forum and cheer on the shenanigans going on at JMU. Believe me there are many fans who are saying the same thing that for both teams and this years championship it will be overshadowed by the black eye JMU and YSU's players however many there really are that violated NCAA rules. Let me nominate DoWe as idiot poster of the year award.

- - - Updated - - -

I'm okay with the NCAA making public statements after results as long as it is consistently done to all schools across all divisional levels and sports. I do wish JMU would name all seven players so that there is transparency. Our entire fbs/no fbs debacle has clearly shown that the university loves to avoid transparency.

Thank you a reasonable comment from a JMU fan.

- - - Updated - - -

What are your thoughts on Michael Phelps? Is he a cheater? Should he vacate all of his gold medals?

Now we are talking olympics lol. Lets stay on topic. You want to start another thread about olympics and cheating feel free.

mcveyrl
December 23rd, 2016, 10:14 AM
For the record, I said several posts ago I wish they would publish the names

penguinpower
December 23rd, 2016, 11:06 AM
I have given this some thought. I think they need to release the names and it applies to all schools. Athletes are privileged and the rules should be different for them. That being said, the type of violation does matter the most is if it is a PEDs vs other drugs. PEDs should be a permanent ban with no ability to transfer down a level or sit out. That is flat out cheating from an athletes standpoint. However, street drugs are not performance enhancing and should be treated differently. Should the penalties be the same? I don't know, but they need to be severe. Either way individuals that are not following the rules should not affect those who are. This entire topic is really about individual accountability. If you get hired in an important job that has to deal with public safety (i.e. air traffic controller etc.) you must follow the rules or you could kill people or in the best case only lose your job which may be the only way you can support your family. I say that a public shaming is good for the soul of you use street drugs. Then also some sort of suspension, but the public shaming would probably go further in my mind.

Sent from my SM-G930T using Tapatalk

BisonBacker
December 23rd, 2016, 11:38 AM
I have given this some thought. I think they need to release the names and it applies to all schools. Athletes are privileged and the rules should be different for them. That being said, the type of violation does matter the most is if it is a PEDs vs other drugs. PEDs should be a permanent ban with no ability to transfer down a level or sit out. That is flat out cheating from an athletes standpoint. However, street drugs are not performance enhancing and should be treated differently. Should the penalties be the same? I don't know, but they need to be severe. Either way individuals that are not following the rules should not affect those who are. This entire topic is really about individual accountability. If you get hired in an important job that has to deal with public safety (i.e. air traffic controller etc.) you must follow the rules or you could kill people or in the best case only lose your job which may be the only way you can support your family. I say that a public shaming is good for the soul of you use street drugs. Then also some sort of suspension, but the public shaming would probably go further in my mind.

While that would be great if it could be made to be true but it's not. The results on the field are or can be skewed. While it's not the fault of the players who do follow the rules the overall effect is on the game and both teams players overall. Hence the issue in general. If it didn't affect the other players the NCAA wouldn't have the ban in the first place. If the NCAA and all teams wanted to they could stop it. You got it right that if it's PED's yes a ban across all levels of college football is warranted. As to hiding the names behind some obscure rule my comment would be if they want to participate in an NCAA sanctioned game then follow the rules. If not they know the consequences. Public shaming would be good as well but something tells me those types who are willing to break the rules don't care about their public image. If they did they wouldn't be doing it in the first place.

BisonBacker
December 23rd, 2016, 11:42 AM
For the record, I said several posts ago I wish they would publish the names

If I missed that which I apparently did good on you. All fans should demand accountability from their teams/coaches and administration but unfortunately so many just want to sweep away problems as long as their teams winning.

Bisonoline
December 23rd, 2016, 12:25 PM

The players names arent as important as the drugs they were taking. IMO.

superman7515
December 23rd, 2016, 12:37 PM
The players names arent as important as the drugs they were taking. IMO.

From what I understand, they tested positive for ketamine, MDMA, Adderall, Bromo-Dragonfly, heroin, coke, crack, codeine, oxys, percs, vikes, PCP, LSD, Dilaudid, mescaline, mushrooms, bath salts, cortisone, Toradol, Molly, her sister Sandra, big Frank, birth control, Plan B, that morphine from China they took off the market, stuff to make your dick hard, stuff to make your dick soft, stuff to help find your dick, that stuff from Kenya that's supposed to be a scurvy cure for silverback gorillas but for humans it just makes them violently masturbate, ibuprofen, aspirin, and Flintstone gummies.

But you'll just have to take the word of me, the fans, and coaches.

BisonBacker
December 23rd, 2016, 01:06 PM
From what I understand, they tested positive for ketamine, MDMA, Adderall, Bromo-Dragonfly, heroin, coke, crack, codeine, oxys, percs, vikes, PCP, LSD, Dilaudid, mescaline, mushrooms, bath salts, cortisone, Toradol, Molly, her sister Sandra, big Frank, birth control, Plan B, that morphine from China they took off the market, stuff to make your dick hard, stuff to make your dick soft, stuff to help find your dick, that stuff from Kenya that's supposed to be a scurvy cure for silverback gorillas but for humans it just makes them violently masturbate, ibuprofen, aspirin, and Flintstone gummies.

LOL that about covers it sup.

mcveyrl
December 23rd, 2016, 01:39 PM
Because it's Friday, and I ain't got no job...I give you:

Ballad for MJ As a Performance Enhancer
(To the tune of Afroman's "Because I Got High")

Fargodome was real loud, but then I got high

Your line was supposed to pound, but then I got high

Man it got quiet quick and I know whyyy

Because we got high, because we got high, because we got high.

You were s'posed to win six 'chips, but then I got high

You had booked your Frisco tix, but then I got high.

Now you sit at home in snow and I know whyyyy

Bisonator
December 23rd, 2016, 03:16 PM
Because it's Friday, and I ain't got no job...I give you:

Ballad for MJ As a Performance Enhancer
(To the tune of Afroman's "Because I Got High")

Fargodome was real loud, but then I got high

Your line was supposed to pound, but then I got high

Man it got quiet quick and I know whyyy

You were s'posed to win six 'chips, but then I got high

You had booked your Frisco tix, but then I got high.

Now you sit at home in snow and I know whyyyy

xbowx

penguinpower
December 24th, 2016, 03:46 PM
Sounds like something Kip would say on Napoleon Dynamite

caribbeanhen
December 25th, 2016, 09:27 AM

couldn't help but think about Depp and Thompson ... Fear and loathing in Las Vegas when reading this post...

Longhorn
December 25th, 2016, 12:32 PM

I'll second your nomination. xthumbsupx

semobison
December 27th, 2016, 09:36 AM

LOL! Shrooms? Did someone mention Shrooms!

DirtyDukes
December 27th, 2016, 11:55 AM
LOL! Shrooms? Did someone mention Shrooms!

http://media.tumblr.com/tumblr_lswmbakhFo1qcehfo.gif

Serpentor
December 29th, 2016, 02:19 PM

You kids stay out of my medicine cabinet!

RootinFerDukes
December 29th, 2016, 02:43 PM
https://twitter.com/craighaley/status/814556231834673152

Oh would you look at that. I said you're just going to have to believe me that some of us have sources.

Tubby Raymond
January 7th, 2017, 12:26 PM
I'd be happy to volunteer for that testing procedure if they are still looking for subjects.