PDA

View Full Version : Congratulations to YSU AND to EWU!

Preferred Walk-On
December 18th, 2016, 02:08 PM
I did not see any thread started for this, so I though I would. Moderators: please feel free to move this, if needed.

First, as an NDSU fan that was lamenting our loss on Friday, I was not sure I would watch the semifinal game on Saturday. However, I have become such an FCS football rube, that I could not turn away. The game was 100% worth it, not because of the result, but because it was a hell of a game, battles to the end on both sides, with an amazing finish. Simply one of the most entertaining games to watch in FCS this season.

Second, congratulations to the YSU Penguins on representing the MVFC well (yes, I am also an MVFC rube). I must admit, you NDSU'ed the crap out of EWU (controlled TOP, kept the potent EWU offense off the field, and converted/scored when needed), and I was impressed. You will need to do this again to be successful against JMU.

Third, congratulations to the EWU Eagles on your wonderful season, with not one, but two candidates for the Walter Payton award. Taking out Washington State and showing the grit you did to go down and score with a little over four minutes left in the game to regain the lead showed great determination and character. I can only say that I understand the pain of that type of defeat, as your defeat yesterday reminded me a lot of the heartbreak for the Bison in 2010 when Brock Jensen "fumbled" inside the 1 yd line to lose the game in OT. Although Cooper will not be there next year, you have a strong nucleus, especially on offense, that will make you very formidable next year. I look forward to our matchup next Sept.