PDA

View Full Version : Over/Under on Attendance for 2016 FCS Championship game

ALPHAGRIZ1
December 17th, 2016, 10:09 PM
What is your guess?

I will go with around 4000-5000 fans from both teams and maybe 2k of locals that want to watch football near Dallas

7500 tops

Cocky
December 17th, 2016, 10:11 PM
There will be less in the stand than Bison fans who just tailgated with no intentions of going into the game last year.

ysubigred
December 17th, 2016, 10:12 PM
I'll be there, that's one for the Youngstown crowd.

ysubigred
December 17th, 2016, 10:13 PM
There will be less in the stand than Bison fans who just tailgated with no intentions of going into the game last year.

Sadly it's 800 miles from my house to Frisco. I'm already 119 miles from Nashville.

Twentysix
December 17th, 2016, 10:17 PM
12000 tops

TheKingpin28
December 17th, 2016, 10:32 PM
I'd say 10K and the FCS people will wonder why the championship looked empty. Hats off to both teams and congrats, but if it is even close to selling out, I'd be shocked.

DirtyDukes
December 17th, 2016, 10:33 PM
I have an in with the JMU ticket office adn they're already sold out of their allotment. Hoping to get more from YSU. I'd say from a poll of people I know 70% are getting them outside of the school. I think we will have about 10k jmu fans there when it's all said and done.

BisonFan02
December 17th, 2016, 10:33 PM
See the 2010 championship....and subtract a 1000ish.

Bisonoline
December 17th, 2016, 10:40 PM
I have an in with the JMU ticket office adn they're already sold out of their allotment. Hoping to get more from YSU. I'd say from a poll of people I know 70% are getting them outside of the school. I think we will have about 10k jmu fans there when it's all said and done.

If you know somebody whose looking Ive got a few to sell/

ValleyTalk
December 17th, 2016, 10:46 PM

Judging from the people I've been talking to tonight, I think YSU's allotment will go pretty damn fast as well. It's the NDSU allotment :D of tix which is the big question mark lol! Bison folks, how many did you guys buy up???

TheKingpin28
December 17th, 2016, 10:48 PM
Judging from the people I've been talking to tonight, I think YSU's allotment will go pretty damn fast as well. It's the NDSU allotment :D of tix which is the big question mark lol! Bison folks, how many did you guys buy up???

I went in 11 and 12 but I can tell you that had ndsu won, it would be close to 80% Bison fans. When they went on sale for the packages,we gobbled them up fast.

ysubigred
December 17th, 2016, 10:52 PM
Not to talk bad about my school but I'd be surprised "IF" we get 2k there.

Go Lehigh TU owl
December 17th, 2016, 11:12 PM
What would attendance be if in was in Chattanooga? :D

clenz
December 17th, 2016, 11:13 PM
Depends on how badly depressed NDSU fans want to rape ysu and jmu fans to make themselves feel better

SoupCity85
December 17th, 2016, 11:14 PM
I'll be there +6.

Bison56
December 17th, 2016, 11:31 PM
Not sure on attendance, but the tv ratings should be a record because the Bison aren't in it again. xcoffeex

NDSU Fan
December 17th, 2016, 11:33 PM
Not sure on attendance, but the tv ratings should be a record because the Bison aren't in it again. xcoffeex

Naw most of the fans could care less now.

ValleyTalk
December 18th, 2016, 12:05 AM
Naw most of the fans could care less now.
BO PELINI

NDSU Fan
December 18th, 2016, 12:46 AM
BO PELINI

A good 75% of them don't even know who that is.

StrikeJMU
December 18th, 2016, 12:46 AM
I'm headed to Frisco with 3 others. Let's go Dukes!

dewey
December 18th, 2016, 12:57 AM
Depends on how badly depressed NDSU fans want to rape ysu and jmu fans to make themselves feel better

Not me. Give me what I paid and I will sell all 8 together.

Dewey

frozennorth
December 18th, 2016, 01:47 AM

ASU33
December 18th, 2016, 02:12 AM
I would say maybe around 10k

BisonTru
December 18th, 2016, 03:40 AM

It's a buyers market. A lot of demand disappeared Friday night. If you have your tickets listed over face, you'll end up eating them. Which some Bison fans will do that, and just let them go to the garbage. At this point, I would get 80-90% of what I had into them and let them go.

IMO, I don't see any reason this game doesn't get a similar crowd to 2010 of 13K, and with only 16K available seats that will look decently full on TV.

Catsfan90
December 18th, 2016, 03:50 AM
It's a buyers market. A lot of demand disappeared Friday night. If you have your tickets listed over face, you'll end up eating them. Which some Bison fans will do that, and just let them go to the garbage. At this point, I would get 80-90% of what I had into them and let them go.

IMO, I don't see any reason this game doesn't get a similar crowd to 2010 of 13K, and with only 16K available seats that will look decently full on TV.
Didn't they sell them for a few years out a couple years back? Has that already passed?

Sent from my XT1080 using Tapatalk

NDSUtk
December 18th, 2016, 03:53 AM
Didn't they sell them for a few years out a couple years back? Has that already passed?

That finished last year

Catsfan90
December 18th, 2016, 03:55 AM
That finished last year
Well, atleast the gamble on those fans paid off!

NDSUtk
December 18th, 2016, 03:57 AM
Well, atleast the gamble on those fans paid off!

Hell yeah. We had great seats three years in a row. Loved it. Was actually wishing they'd have let us renew the same seats for another three. I would have bought them in a heartbeat.

Catsfan90
December 18th, 2016, 03:59 AM
Hell yeah. We had great seats three years in a row. Loved it. Was actually wishing they'd have let us renew the same seats for another three. I would have bought them in a heartbeat.
At the rate NDSU was headed, I'm surprised season tickets for Frisco were never floated :p.

Wilson16
December 18th, 2016, 08:58 AM

POD Knows
December 18th, 2016, 09:25 AM
Under 10K, it is a long haul for both teams.

RootinFerDukes
December 18th, 2016, 09:44 AM
IMO, I think JMU brings 10k, which is good for 2/3 of the 15k seating at Toyota Stadium. Remember that 25% of the seats are not available this year in the one endzone due to the renovations to the soccer hall of fame. Incredibly lame but it won't matter if 15k doesn't show up between both schools.

The real question is how many YSU fans will come. Either way, it's a bare minimum 2-1 JMU split among the crowd. 3-1 or 4-1 isn't out of the question either.

RootinFerDukes
December 18th, 2016, 09:55 AM
I love that some fans are thinking there will be less than the 13k there for the 2010 game between EWU and UD. Both JMU (19.8k) and YSU (12.4k) have more average fans per game combined in 2016 than those schools did in 2010 (17.8k/6.5k). Both schools are geographically closer to Frisco as well (17h15m/17h30m compared to 20h45m/27h). Both schools have at least one championship in their past (EWU didn't going into the 2010 game).

We will match the 13k at minimum and possible exceed it. Since its only 15k seating this year, a full 15k crowd isn't out of the question.

Gil Dobie
December 18th, 2016, 10:11 AM
Full house, over 10K. YSU and JMU travel good.

Daytripper
December 18th, 2016, 10:11 AM
I'd say about 10k. I encourage any FCS fans in Texas to go to the game. It is a great experience and the tickets will be relatively cheap with the Bison tix flooding the market. I challenge Southland fans to show up in your team's colors/gear. Would be cool to see all of our teams represented on the Big Screen and TV.

swaghook
December 18th, 2016, 10:29 AM
It's a buyers market. A lot of demand disappeared Friday night. If you have your tickets listed over face, you'll end up eating them. Not true at least not yet. Sold our 3 for $85 a ticket which is slightly more then cost with fees included. No one will be making big bucks on them like previous years but no reason to dump them quite yet. Maybe by later this week but right now the market is ok if you have seats closer to the middle then on the goal line.

kdinva
December 18th, 2016, 10:33 AM

Bison Fan in NW MN
December 18th, 2016, 10:37 AM
13-14K

With decreased capacity this year, it will look decent on TV.

JMUNJ08
December 18th, 2016, 10:55 AM
JMU tickets/ travel packages pretty much gone and I know plenty of people scrambling to get there. With the lead time, JMU fans will surely get there in big numbers. We do also have a few alumni chapters around Texas (I am as surprised as you). Last time we made it, don't forget it was just the next week in Chatty and we still showed well. Myself missing out as a Freshman the last time, there was no way I was missing this one.

ngineer
December 18th, 2016, 11:23 AM
A good 75% of them don't even know who that is.

True. Most would probably respond that it is a sandwich.

- - - Updated - - -

My guess is about 12,000.

PurpleStreamers
December 18th, 2016, 11:40 AM
Under 10K, it is a long haul for both teams.

This is hysterical. JMU could sell this out solo. With the missing seating, guaranteed sellout. Did you all watch Gameday?! Dukes show up for a party and they're everywhere. With the time to plan, I have zippy concerns on attendance. Honestly worried tickets will be tough soon.

Last year's regular season game at SMU was well-attended and the DFW Alumni Chapter is strong. They're actually hosting 350 on Friday night at JerryWorld already.

JMUNJ08
December 18th, 2016, 11:51 AM
This is hysterical. JMU could sell this out solo. With the missing seating, guaranteed sellout. Did you all watch Gameday?! Dukes show up for a party and they're everywhere. With the time to plan, I have zippy concerns on attendance. Honestly worried tickets will be tough soon.

Last year's regular season game at SMU was well-attended and the DFW Alumni Chapter is strong. They're actually hosting 350 on Friday night at JerryWorld already.

Have insights to get one of those 350 tickets? I'm scrambling to get 1... PM me

NDSUtk
December 18th, 2016, 01:25 PM
When do JMU fans find out if they get tickets from their school allotment?

KPSUL
December 18th, 2016, 01:41 PM
I'm thinking about a range from 10,000 to 12,000 and here's why: I'd guess about 9000 are already in the hands of NDSU fans. The prices on the NCAA ticket exchange are still sky high, and I think most of those NDSU folks are going to be too slow to reduce prices to close to face value. By the time a large number become available at a reasonable price it will bee too close to game day for most JMU and YSU fans to make the arrangements and commitment to travel to Frisco. As I said in another thread, anyone jumping on tickets at current exchange prices will be making a big mistake. It may take a couple weeks, but ticket prices will nosedive before Jan 7th. Also don't worry on the location of the tickets you buy now. Just get something that will get you through the gate; there will be good empty seats spread all over the stadium even though the game will technically be sold out.

NDSUtk
December 18th, 2016, 01:57 PM
I'm thinking about a range from 10,000 to 12,000 and here's why: I'd guess about 9000 are already in the hands of NDSU fans. The prices on the NCAA ticket exchange are still sky high, and I think most of those NDSU folks are going to be too slow to reduce prices to close to face value. By the time a large number become available at a reasonable price it will bee too close to game day for most JMU and YSU fans to make the arrangements and commitment to travel to Frisco. As I said in another thread, anyone jumping on tickets at current exchange prices will be making a big mistake. It may take a couple weeks, but ticket prices will nosedive before Jan 7th. Also don't worry on the location of the tickets you buy now. Just get something that will get you through the gate; there will be good empty seats spread all over the stadium even though the game will technically be sold out.

You do realize that face value this year is right around $84/ticket right? The NCAA jumped them up big time. From what I can see, there are at least a thousand seats on the exchange that are under face value already.

ALPHAGRIZ1
December 18th, 2016, 01:59 PM

What is hysterical is you thinking JMU gets much more than 5k at this game.

KPSUL
December 18th, 2016, 01:59 PM
You do realize that face value this year is right around $84/ticket right? The NCAA jumped them up big time. From what I can see, there are at least a thousand seats on the exchange that are under face value already.

Yep, I bought one in August.

Daytripper
December 18th, 2016, 02:01 PM

I bought a single under face value from NCAA ticket exchange. After some sort of fee, it ended up being about face value.

DirtyDukes
December 18th, 2016, 02:01 PM
Bro at this point it just seems like you're a hater.

Daytripper
December 18th, 2016, 02:03 PM

Pot, meet kettle.

DirtyDukes
December 18th, 2016, 02:09 PM
Pot, meet kettle.

I don't hate you guys I Just don't respect you at all.

PurpleStreamers
December 18th, 2016, 02:09 PM
When do JMU fans find out if they get tickets from their school allotment?

Our ticket office said today they're working though the night and expect to have that info out sometime tomorrow. Our priority deadline is 5 p.m. today for STH's. I'm a mid-level donor and was told it will be close whether or not my level can get more than they are approved for based on Duke Club level. In other words, I'm approved for four, but ordered ten and they weren't sure the allotment would hold out for extras at my level. IF that's the case, no need to worry on JMU turnout.

Also, right now we're going half-band, but fans/alums are pressuring to be allowed to donate to bring the whole Marching Royal Dukes (400+). Will be interesting how JMU handles that. I'm guessing they wait on that decision till after the allotment is figured out.

ALPHAGRIZ1
December 18th, 2016, 02:10 PM

Why?

Montana wouldnt get much more either, fan bases always think they are elite until you have to prove it by spending money and traveling. Just being honest. We would be about the same as JMU and I wouldnt think we could do much more than 5k if that. Now other Griz fans will come on here and call bull**** but I have been to games in Chattanooga and many many road games, just like this years UNI game and we may have had 500 there.

Those fans are wrong

th0m
December 18th, 2016, 02:11 PM

JMU already sold out their initial 4k allotment sooo yeah, there will be more than 5k JMU fans.

NDSUtk
December 18th, 2016, 02:12 PM
Yep, I bought one in August.
Not sure why you're saying NDSU fans won't be offering at face value then and that people would be stupid to buy now. If I were going and saw decent seats at ~20% discount, I'd jump on that. Yes prices will drop but let's be honest, the cost of the ticket is the least expensive part of this trip, unless you live in Texas. If you're worried about saving another $15 off your ticket, you may want to rethink going LOL.

chicagoduke
December 18th, 2016, 02:12 PM
I'm guessing it's going to be 2717. NDSU fans, can you confirm that number for me?

ALPHAGRIZ1
December 18th, 2016, 02:13 PM
JMU already sold out their initial 4k allotment sooo yeah, there will be more than 5k JMU fans.

I will believe it when I see it. I stand by my original prediction.

Daytripper
December 18th, 2016, 02:15 PM
I don't hate you guys I Just don't respect you at all.

You don't know me at all. Generalizations are the option for the intellectually weak...meaning you.

ASU33
December 18th, 2016, 02:16 PM
I'll be there!

NDSUtk
December 18th, 2016, 02:19 PM
Our ticket office said today they're working though the night and expect to have that info out sometime tomorrow. Our priority deadline is 5 p.m. today for STH's. I'm a mid-level donor and was told it will be close whether or not my level can get more than they are approved for based on Duke Club level. In other words, I'm approved for four, but ordered ten and they weren't sure the allotment would hold out for extras at my level. IF that's the case, no need to worry on JMU turnout.

Also, right now we're going half-band, but fans/alums are pressuring to be allowed to donate to bring the whole Marching Royal Dukes (400+). Will be interesting how JMU handles that. I'm guessing they wait on that decision till after the allotment is figured out.
Kudos to your fan base. Always best to see a good crowd there! Plus I got a buddy with 8 tickets in the 9th row he's selling :) So hit me up if you're looking to save on the flash fees!

Preferred Walk-On
December 18th, 2016, 02:29 PM

This is an interesting assessment. I really hope there will not be good empty seats all over the stadium for both ticket seller's sake [disclaimer: I am one of them with 12 tickets; 8 and 4 together ;) ] and for a good showing on TV (although debates on this very forum suggest that this has no bearing on whether anybody cares about the FCS).

The reason I say that is that I actually know a number of Bison fans that are willing to eat their tickets if they do not get at least face value (not necessarily asking for more, but want face). The reasons are many, but they have to do with prior year ticket gouging (and bragging about it), the fact that many of the fans went on quite discounted three-year packages (and merely consider this year a necessary calculated risk that busted), and that some want to make a statement that our fan base travels and that ticket acquisition (if you want to represent like NDSU has the past few years) also comes through Fargo (metaphorically-speaking).

My buddy and I are actually thinking about going to the game, since the trip itself is also a blast, and the matchup is interesting. We have until the day before to cancel rooms, so KPSUL might also be correct that it might be too close to game day for others to make plans. We also fall into the category that if face value is attained, we will give them up, and if not, we are also fine with eating our tickets.

DirtyDukes
December 18th, 2016, 04:16 PM
You don't know me at all. Generalizations are the option for the intellectually weak...meaning you.

DT- maybe we can meet up in Frisco. I'm not saying I disrespect you as a person - just your team. And not even the individuals - minus maybe Keeler, just the whole persona you guys put up that is totally inaccurate.

Hell, I know MK left wanting to fight me - but if you remember I had invited him to my tailgate. Now the guys like Nickels and KrazyKat99 who are racist and homophobic, I have no respect for. But guys like you and BNation and others, I totally respect. I just don't think your team would have won 3 games in the CAA.

BisonTru
December 18th, 2016, 04:35 PM
Not true at least not yet. Sold our 3 for $85 a ticket which is slightly more then cost with fees included. No one will be making big bucks on them like previous years but no reason to dump them quite yet. Maybe by later this week but right now the market is ok if you have seats closer to the middle then on the goal line.

Yours are sold. At this point I'd get any tickets sold ASAP. Good for you getting yours sold. A lot of Bison fans got their money back selling early. IMO the market will continue to fall. If youre holding I'd move them soon.

crossfire07
December 18th, 2016, 05:10 PM
Bison fans with all these tickets didn't think this through. Holding on to all those tickets and eating the little loss would been worth it turning on the tv and seeing a totally empty stadium which it will be anyways because neither of these teams are going to bring loads of numbers based off of their previous turnouts.

Bisonoline
December 18th, 2016, 06:54 PM
Yours are sold. At this point I'd get any tickets sold ASAP. Good for you getting yours sold. A lot of Bison fans got their money back selling early. IMO the market will continue to fall. If youre holding I'd move them soon.

The selling function at flash seats is not functioning. Ive been on the phone with them and they are working on it.

KPSUL
December 18th, 2016, 06:58 PM
Not sure why you're saying NDSU fans won't be offering at face value then and that people would be stupid to buy now. If I were going and saw decent seats at ~20% discount, I'd jump on that. Yes prices will drop but let's be honest, the cost of the ticket is the least expensive part of this trip, unless you live in Texas. If you're worried about saving another $15 off your ticket, you may want to rethink going LOL.

This thread is about estimating actual in the stadium attendance and I'm explaining why I think thousand(s) of tickets will never be exchanged from the NDSU fans currently holding them to FCS fans who would considering going to Frisco. It would be better for everyone if that doesn't happen; however, I'm predicting that it will.

There are tickets available now on the NCAA Ticket Exchange for at, or even below, face value. So I agree, any JMU or YSU fans determined to attend should buy them before they pay for a flight. However, if it is feasible for someone to do it, I still think waiting will result in better seats at a more reasonable price. As someone else pointed out, this is currently a buyers market and it should stay that way up to game time.

JayMYou
December 18th, 2016, 07:01 PM

Man, you just have diarrhea of the mouth. You should really take your head out of your Butte every once in a while.

ALPHAGRIZ1
December 18th, 2016, 07:57 PM
Do I

FargoBison
December 18th, 2016, 08:26 PM
What does the NCAA report? Tickets sold or actual attendance?

crossfire07
December 18th, 2016, 09:03 PM
Tickets sold but the empty seats don't lie. Yeah, there was 30,000 at that low level championship bowl game this weekend.

mcveyrl
December 18th, 2016, 10:15 PM

I ordered mine through JMU this afternoon. Ticket office said that it looks like only donors would be able to get tix from the school. I have no idea what that allotment is, but it means that all other JMU fans will have to go on the secondary marker to get theirs. That will probably be official sometime tomorrow, so it may give the market a little boost.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

alexale23
December 18th, 2016, 10:18 PM
I ordered mine through JMU this afternoon. Ticket office said that it looks like only donors would be able to get tix from the school. I have no idea what that allotment is, but it means that all other JMU fans will have to go on the secondary marker to get theirs. That will probably be official sometime tomorrow, so it may give the market a little boost.

Thought you was hitchhiking there and standing in the parking lot with a card board sign to try get free tix..

JMUNJ08
December 18th, 2016, 11:21 PM
Bison fans with all these tickets didn't think this through. Holding on to all those tickets and eating the little loss would been worth it turning on the tv and seeing a totally empty stadium which it will be anyways because neither of these teams are going to bring loads of numbers based off of their previous turnouts.

What a pitiful fan of FCS football you are. We all try to market our brand because we get so little face time as 'D2'. I doubt Bizzzon fans are that rude to someone who deserved to be there. JMU fans already sold out their allotment and moving on to secondary market. Get ready for tons of purple n gold invading Frisco!

ASU33
December 19th, 2016, 06:45 AM
I'm going to be there regardless to support FCS football. I went last year also. Anytime I can go out and support FCS football I do exactly that, regardless if my team is involved or not. I was at the Celebration Bowl this weekend for that same reason. I want FCS to be successful as Possible and have nice showings when we're on the tube.

RootinFerDukes
December 19th, 2016, 07:18 AM
I am surprised by the amount of neutral support that says they're coming to this game or that they have in past years.

The haters are plentiful. JMU and YSU both just sold out their combined 8k school allotments. That's half the stadium right there. It will be 75% full, worst case scenario.

ASU33
December 19th, 2016, 07:42 AM
I am surprised by the amount of neutral support that says they're coming to this game or that they have in past years.

The haters are plentiful. JMU and YSU both just sold out their combined 8k school allotments. That's half the stadium right there. It will be 75% full, worst case scenario.

Yeah there's a group of SWAC alums(mainly from Grambling and Prairie View) that live in the DFW area that have been going every year since its been in Frisco. I went with them last year and had a blast partying with The folks from NDSU. I had so much fun I'll be back this year.

SkinsWizDukes
December 19th, 2016, 07:49 AM

From what I'm seeing, YSU hasn't released their ticket info yet and are set to do so today. There are a lot of JMU fans that weren't able to get tix through JMU since demand was so high.

mcveyrl
December 19th, 2016, 08:48 AM
Do we know for sure that each team gets 4000?

DirtyDukes
December 19th, 2016, 09:47 AM
Do we know for sure that each team gets 4000?

I confirmed with the ticket office that our allotment was 4000 and we sold it all with about 750 reserve orders requested. So that's 4750 JMU fans arleady.

Do any Bison fans know if they sell booze AT the game?

TheRevSFA
December 19th, 2016, 09:50 AM
Yeah there's a group of SWAC alums(mainly from Grambling and Prairie View) that live in the DFW area that have been going every year since its been in Frisco. I went with them last year and had a blast partying with The folks from NDSU. I had so much fun I'll be back this year.

I am still a maybe on this year. I love going to the game. Depends on how bad my jet lag is, plus if I want to be away from my daughter again after getting home from being away from her.

But to your point, it doesn't matter if your team is in it or not, you should go to the Championship game. Support FCS. It's worth every penny spent

DirtyDukes
December 19th, 2016, 09:51 AM
I am still a maybe on this year. I love going to the game. Depends on how bad my jet lag is, plus if I want to be away from my daughter again after getting home from being away from her.

But to your point, it doesn't matter if your team is in it or not, you should go to the Championship game. Support FCS. It's worth every penny spent

Would love to meet up and offer you a beer (or something stronger) if you do go, Rev!

Grizalltheway
December 19th, 2016, 09:52 AM

Bison fans are special snowflakes, and they're having trouble accepting that there might be other fans out there who love their teams as much as they do. xthumbsupx

Thumper 76
December 19th, 2016, 09:55 AM
Bison fans are special snowflakes, and they're having trouble accepting that there might be other fans out there who love their teams as much as they do. xthumbsupx

I know I've seen some bison fans saying their tickets are going in the trash so nobody else can have them. Super classy move there.

cx500d
December 19th, 2016, 10:03 AM
What they said and what they did are probably two different things.

I know I've seen some bison fans saying their tickets are going in the trash so nobody else can have them. Super classy move there.

NDSUtk
December 19th, 2016, 10:19 AM
I confirmed with the ticket office that our allotment was 4000 and we sold it all with about 750 reserve orders requested. So that's 4750 JMU fans arleady.

Do any Bison fans know if they sell booze AT the game?
If you buy the hospitality wristbands, they have a suite at the top of the concourse with a cash bar and I think free snacks. However the food and drinks can't be taken out of that suite. I have never bothered buying the wristband, so will defer to others on their thoughts.

It's pretty much been cool to cold every year we've been there (save year 2) and I just put 4-6 beers strategically placed throughout the cold weather gear. Their security didn't seem too concerned on searching.

NDSUtk
December 19th, 2016, 10:23 AM
To be honest, I haven't seen very many Bison fans commenting about lack of attendance expectations on here. I've seen a few saying they expect around the same as 2010 which was 13k. And with 16k available, that's over 80% full.

Regardless, one will never know. They'll announce a sell out because every ticket was sold.

There are a few blow hards that'll say they will just eat their tickets, but I think that's few and far between.

TheRevSFA
December 19th, 2016, 10:24 AM

I doubt they actually do that.

- - - Updated - - -

Would love to meet up and offer you a beer (or something stronger) if you do go, Rev!

For sure. I have a friend from the Island who is a YSU alum who is going and has an extra ticket for me if I decide to go.

Will probably be a night before decision.

RootinFerDukes
December 19th, 2016, 12:21 PM

I guess you can put a price on pride. $80 a seat.

BadlandsGrizFan
December 19th, 2016, 12:39 PM
I can see the stadium from my office window, the chipper could be a mess this year. That place is tore up with construction material everywhere right now. It could be a bad year for the FCS chipper.

Twentysix
December 19th, 2016, 12:44 PM

I watched the playoff game that was no where near sold out at JMU's home stadium.

We will see how much of a bubble you live in or if you actually have the pulse of JMU alumni.

cx500d
December 19th, 2016, 12:48 PM
Yeah, I guess we can use this as a consolation. If there was a good year to miss it, this would be the one to miss. Didn't know you are a local too. Don't know any local Griz here, although I know a few Kitties.

I can see the stadium from my office window, the chipper could be a mess this year. That place is tore up with construction material everywhere right now. It could be a bad year for the FCS chipper.

PurpleStreamers
December 19th, 2016, 02:12 PM
I watched the playoff game that was no where near sold out at JMU's home stadium.

We will see how much of a bubble you live in or if you actually have the pulse of JMU alumni.

Not denying that, just saying JMU's Stadium holds 25k and people had less than a week to plan for a Friday night game in mid-December (where lots of folks have conflicts). This year Toyota holds 16k with the construction and people have three weeks to plan for what is almost certainly a free weekend for everyone after holidays and after watching the Dukes legitimize themselves to our own skeptics by winning at your place.

DirtyDukes
December 19th, 2016, 02:32 PM
Hearing rumors YSU only took 1k of their allotment and gave us the other 3k which we sold - so 7K for JMU just through our ticket office.

BisonTru
December 19th, 2016, 02:45 PM
Hearing rumors YSU only took 1k of their allotment and gave us the other 3k which we sold - so 7K for JMU just through our ticket office.

I doubt that.

Although NDSU fans would just buy from YSUs site.

Panther88
December 19th, 2016, 03:53 PM
Don't forget about the really iffy weather in the metroplex during the Jan/Feb timeframe.

YSUGUIN
December 19th, 2016, 04:52 PM
Do you happen to know what your school allotment was? YSU just now, about 15 minutes ago, released the information on how to get tickets, and it looks like I won't even be able to order mine until Thursday......if there are any left....and, they didn't release what our allotment is....so, just curious if I should wait until Thursday, or go out there to sites and take my chances. Also, do you know what is a safe site to order from in case that's the route I take.

SkinsWizDukes
December 19th, 2016, 05:06 PM
Do you happen to know what your school allotment was? YSU just now, about 15 minutes ago, released the information on how to get tickets, and it looks like I won't even be able to order mine until Thursday......if there are any left....and, they didn't release what our allotment is....so, just curious if I should wait until Thursday, or go out there to sites and take my chances. Also, do you know what is a safe site to order from in case that's the route I take.

It looks like your admin chose to only ask for 2 of the 7 sections allotted to you so the rest were claimed by jmu. Seems like a questionable decision.

BirdFan 4Life
December 19th, 2016, 05:06 PM
I'm looking forward to comparing the traffic trying to get off the highway to 2014 when I was there for NDSU/ISU. It backed up a couple miles with Green and Gold that morning. Nicest traffic jam I've ever been in.

I hope the stadium is at least at 75% of capacity.

ValleyTalk
December 19th, 2016, 05:39 PM
I was told YSU will have 3,750 tix as of earlier this afternoon just before the press release went out.

Loge holders get first dibs tomorrow, then season ticket holders Wednesday, before the general public gets their chance the following week.

SkinsWizDukes
December 19th, 2016, 07:16 PM
https://mobile.twitter.com/JMUTickets/status/811011929963696129

JMU announced they sold an allotment of over 7k tix

RootinFerDukes
December 19th, 2016, 08:12 PM
There's no way JMU got ahold of all of those extra tickets unless ysu requested only a few sections.
It's going to be a beautiful sea of purple. Bridgeforth southwest!

Bisonoline
December 19th, 2016, 08:13 PM

If you look at who said that crap they are on the fringe.

BisonTru
December 19th, 2016, 08:17 PM
WTF? I just read YSU's release and they only have two section. Man if I were a YSU fan and I couldn't get tickets thru their allotment I would be PISSED. They basically just gave them away to JMU the way it looks.

BisonTru
December 19th, 2016, 08:20 PM
There's no way JMU got ahold of all of those extra tickets unless ysu requested only a few sections.
It's going to be a beautiful sea of purple. Bridgeforth southwest!

I didn't believe you guys at first, but at the looks at what both ticket offices are saying, this looks to be what happened. I'd be irate if I was Penguin fan.

Bisonator
December 19th, 2016, 08:46 PM
I know at least 4 Bison fans who are still going.

DirtyDukes
December 19th, 2016, 09:47 PM
I doubt that.

Although NDSU fans would just buy from YSUs site.

Never doubt me again.

NDSUtk
December 19th, 2016, 10:05 PM
https://mobile.twitter.com/JMUTickets/status/811011929963696129

JMU announced they sold an allotment of over 7k tix
Ouch.... Youngstown wtf... I know you don't get the greatest attendance but damn... That's less than 2k tickets. How does your school not take more than that, especially since the tickets are still being ordered?!

ASU33
December 19th, 2016, 10:13 PM
Ouch.... Youngstown wtf... I know you don't get the greatest attendance but damn... That's less than 2k tickets. How does your school not take more than that, especially since the tickets are still being ordered?!

I was thinking the same thing!

ValleyTalk
December 20th, 2016, 06:07 AM
I'd love to know that too. So many people I know that came to either one or no games this year are going to this one to be a part of something special. I think someone underestimated the demand. When you have three weeks to prepare travel arrangements, then you can certainly get more people on board to go.

mcveyrl
December 20th, 2016, 06:40 AM
I'd love to know that too. So many people I know that came to either one or no games this year are going to this one to be a part of something special. I think someone underestimated the demand. When you have three weeks to prepare travel arrangements, then you can certainly get more people on board to go.

I think it's weird that you have to ask for an allotment up front. Why not give teams the full allotment and then a deadline to return them?

ValleyTalk
December 20th, 2016, 06:48 AM
I think it's weird that you have to ask for an allotment up front. Why not give teams the full allotment and then a deadline to return them?

I'm trying to find out on this. If YSU wouldn't sell them by let's say New Years open them up to general public or offer to JMU??

mcveyrl
December 20th, 2016, 07:04 AM
I'm trying to find out on this. If YSU wouldn't sell them by let's say New Years open them up to general public or offer to JMU??

That makes a lot more sense than trying to predict what you need. If I had to guess, you probably have to guarantee to the NCAA that you'll sell the tickets so they were trying to be conservative...$NCAA$

SkinsWizDukes
December 20th, 2016, 07:25 AM
What is also impressive is that we sold out the 7k to Duke Club members in 1.5 days. There were a lot of JMU fans that were not able to get tix through JMU so they're having to go elsewhere as well.

JMU2K_DukeDawg
December 20th, 2016, 07:31 AM
This is starting to remind me of JMU@W&M Semifinal ticket situation in 2004. W&M totally changed their ticket policies after we flooded their ticket office with requests. We had nearly 50% of the crowd there that night, and having gone to the final as well in 2004, the semifinal REALLY had a feel of a championship game, especially with the in-state rivalry.

PurpleStreamers
December 20th, 2016, 10:16 AM
What's crazy is YSU's ticketing policies. Straight outta the 90's. NO online option. Students can't even call and can only buy in-person on Friday, December 23rd (good luck with that). They didn't even start selling till this morning and they don't sell to anyone outside their donors till next week. How in the world are you not ready for this?

AmsterBison
December 20th, 2016, 11:41 AM
It's going to be a full house; reduced capacity plus JMU seems to travel well.

Bisonoline
December 20th, 2016, 11:48 AM
What is also impressive is that we sold out the 7k to Duke Club members in 1.5 days. There were a lot of JMU fans that were not able to get tix through JMU so they're having to go elsewhere as well.

Where did you get the extra 3K. Team allotment is 4K.

mcveyrl
December 20th, 2016, 11:57 AM
Where did you get the extra 3K. Team allotment is 4K.

Rumor is that YSU was given 4K, they returned 3K and gave them to JMU.

Ticket info from both sides would bear that out. JMU has announced that they will be selling sections 100-107 AND 128-133. YSU says they only have Sections 126-127.

NDB
December 20th, 2016, 12:00 PM
This is starting to remind me of JMU@W&M Semifinal ticket situation in 2004. W&M totally changed their ticket policies after we flooded their ticket office with requests. We had nearly 50% of the crowd there that night, and having gone to the final as well in 2004, the semifinal REALLY had a feel of a championship game, especially with the in-state rivalry.

I thought Virginia was a commonwealth?

Bisonoline
December 20th, 2016, 12:02 PM
Rumor is that YSU was given 4K, they returned 3K and gave them to JMU.

Ticket info from both sides would bear that out. JMU has announced that they will be selling sections 100-107 AND 128-133. YSU says they only have Sections 126-127.

Wow. YSU screwed the pooch.

grayghost06
December 20th, 2016, 12:25 PM
YSU has very solid regular season attendance; just under 15k the last two years. Combine that w/ a great football tradition and the resurgence under Pelini...I'm just surprised they aren't travelling better. Would have thought we'd each sell our allotment and fight for what was left.

I certainly don't mind a home crowd advantage. It's just that a more balanced split gives the game a championship feel.

ytownchief22
December 20th, 2016, 12:38 PM
Our ticket office is a joke. Sad, but true.

ysubigred
December 20th, 2016, 12:40 PM
YSU has very solid regular season attendance; just under 15k the last two years. Combine that w/ a great football tradition and the resurgence under Pelini...I'm just surprised they aren't travelling better. Would have thought we'd each sell our allotment and fight for what was left.

I certainly don't mind a home crowd advantage. It's just that a more balanced split gives the game a championship feel.

YSU hasn't had 15K since the last time your team was in town xeyebrowx

clenz
December 20th, 2016, 12:40 PM

YSU is the best at creating a great box score attendance vs AIS attendance.

ysubigred
December 20th, 2016, 12:42 PM
Our ticket office is a joke. Sad, but true.

I didn't even chance it. I already bought 4 from a NDSU guy I work with, great seat not on the YSU side though xrolleyesx

ysubigred
December 20th, 2016, 12:43 PM
YSU is the best at creating a great box score attendance vs AIS attendance.

We'd do great in the MAC LOL!!

ytownchief22
December 20th, 2016, 12:44 PM
I didn't even chance it. I already bought 4 from a NDSU guy I work with, great seat not on the YSU side though xrolleyesx

Yep, that's the way a lot of YSU fans are going because our ticket office is a joke.

RootinFerDukes
December 20th, 2016, 01:06 PM
I don't know what the policy is in terms of when a school has to return unsold tickets by a certain deadline, but I'm shocked YSU didn't at least take their full 4k allotment and sell what they could and then return the rest to the other school or general public sales. That would've been the better thing to do strategically to not put your team at as much of an "away game" disadvantage as possible. Wait as long as possible before those tickets could go out to the opposing fans.

Hoboken Dukes
December 20th, 2016, 01:08 PM
JMU ticket office - and the program in general - are really handling this like a big time organization. Tons of info available, organized, the Dallas chapter is on point. Multimedia department has been churning out high quality hype videos and game recaps. Hell, even the weekly Coach Houston press conferences on Facebook Live are dialed out.

We give our AD and other aspects a hard time regarding some mickey mouse aspects of the athletic program, but their performance so far this playoff run has been nothing short of first class. Proud alum, JMU going to take over Frisco.

BisonTru
December 20th, 2016, 02:50 PM
https://twitter.com/CraigHaley/status/811256580150882308

https://twitter.com/YSUsports/status/811293092829626369

Wow. Just dumb.

mcveyrl
December 20th, 2016, 02:53 PM
Man, I feel for YSU fans. Depending on the secondary market you MIGHT get some cheaper tickets, but there's no guarantee that you will and definitely no guarantee you'll all be in one section...

DirtyDukes
December 20th, 2016, 02:55 PM
Kind of ridiculous that we will have 4 sections on one side and 3 on the other.

Hoboken Dukes
December 20th, 2016, 02:59 PM
We have 12 sections. 100-107 on one then a handful on the other. YSU has 2. Where are you getting 4 and 3?

TheKingpin28
December 20th, 2016, 03:01 PM

http://images.panoramas.com/media/catalog/product/f/c/fcs14d.jpg

Something like this?

BisonTru
December 20th, 2016, 03:03 PM
BTW, YSU was putting tickets up for sale today for donors only. So no non-donor season ticket holders or most likely a large chunk of smaller donors will not get tickets in their allotment. And they sent 3K tickets to JMU. :(

DirtyDukes
December 20th, 2016, 03:11 PM

Something like this?

That's really impressive. However, the fact it's Towson takes away from it jusssssst a bit.

TheKingpin28
December 20th, 2016, 03:16 PM
That's really impressive. However, the fact it's Towson takes away from it jusssssst a bit.

This was the JSU game. They had about 1/4 of the stadium and that included spots for their enormous band

https://s-media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com/originals/8c/2a/b6/8c2ab64fe08987f40727031221ce8d03.jpg

Hoboken Dukes
December 20th, 2016, 03:17 PM
plus, towson has yellow in their uniforms, too. i'd bet that's a 60-40 NDSU/Towson split. <sarcastic>

BisonFanAnn
December 20th, 2016, 03:18 PM
http://images.panoramas.com/media/catalog/product/f/c/fcs16d_1.jpg

cx500d
December 20th, 2016, 03:19 PM
No, thats all the sections plus the now non-existent end zone seats.

Something like this?

cx500d
December 20th, 2016, 03:21 PM
If you don't count the end zone seats.

This was the JSU game. They had about 1/4 of the stadium and that included spots for their enormous band

https://s-media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com/originals/8c/2a/b6/8c2ab64fe08987f40727031221ce8d03.jpg

ASU33
December 20th, 2016, 03:33 PM

Something like this?

Very nice pic!xbowx

SkinsWizDukes
December 20th, 2016, 03:40 PM

We have 14 total from our allotment. 8 on one side and 6 on the other.

TheKingpin28
December 20th, 2016, 03:55 PM
I just posted these photos in reference to what it could look like for JMU if they really do bring the contingent they say they are bringing. Will look weird not seeing NDSU on the TV in January in Frisco. I want to see a sellout and I look forward to watching how this will play out.

JMUNJ08
December 20th, 2016, 04:26 PM
I just posted these photos in reference to what it could look like for JMU if they really do bring the contingent they say they are bringing. Will look weird not seeing NDSU on the TV in January in Frisco. I want to see a sellout and I look forward to watching how this will play out.

Sea of purple. I am having trouble finding alumni who are not at least making the effort to get tickets/ travel setup. We have an ever expanding/ younger alumni group and I expect a wild time.

One of those pictures would look great in my house! xthumbsupx

Professor Chaos
December 20th, 2016, 04:31 PM

Something like this?

Very nice pic!xbowx
Everything except for the dog **** turf that is...

TheKingpin28
December 20th, 2016, 05:48 PM
Sea of purple. I am having trouble finding alumni who are not at least making the effort to get tickets/ travel setup. We have an ever expanding/ younger alumni group and I expect a wild time.

One of those pictures would look great in my house! xthumbsupx

They are quite nice.

Everything except for the dog **** turf that is...

Yeah that turf was by far one of the worst fields I have seen ever. It made CAS field at SDSU seem like a dream come true. Watching that game and how people were slipping and sliding was so painful, it made me want watch a game on tv live at The Inferno since that would be less painful on the eyes.

crossfire07
December 20th, 2016, 05:59 PM
YSU sent 3000 tickets back. wow

ofhs93
December 21st, 2016, 07:32 AM
YSU sent 3000 tickets back. wow

Which were then allotted to JMU and promptly sold out....so that is a minimum of 7000 JMU fans just based on NCAA allotted tickets....which sold out in a matter of a few hours total. Something tells me there will be a lot of Purple and Gold in Frisco.

grayghost06
December 21st, 2016, 08:37 AM
Does AlphaGriz ever tire of being wrong? Between this thread and his bold predictions regarding JMU games, he's money in the bank. Just do the opposite of what he thinks.

DirtyDukes
December 21st, 2016, 08:42 AM
JMU Ticket Office prediction more than 10k JMU fans at the game due to requested tickets through just their office. That doesn't include the people who never inquired there and went the private route. If somehow YSU fans can get some Bison tickets or we see some Bison come down to the game anyways we will definitely sell out.

ysubigred
December 21st, 2016, 08:54 AM
Not to talk bad about my school but I'd be surprised "IF" we get 2k there.

LOL Quoting myself xeyebrowx

Thanks YSU ticket office and Athletic Department for making my prediction come true xdrunkyx

RootinFerDukes
December 21st, 2016, 09:01 AM
What is your guess?

I will go with around 4000-5000 fans from both teams and maybe 2k of locals that want to watch football near Dallas

7500 tops

LULZ xblahx

BisonTru
December 22nd, 2016, 01:57 PM
The secondary market keeps climbing. Still tickets to be had for $100, but I'd guess this game will be close to full. I'd guess 15K will be there.

nodak651
December 22nd, 2016, 03:35 PM
Any guesses on how many NDSU fans still attend? 1-2K?

ALPHAGRIZ1
December 22nd, 2016, 09:37 PM
Does AlphaGriz ever tire of being wrong? Between this thread and his bold predictions regarding JMU games, he's money in the bank. Just do the opposite of what he thinks.
Sure I am, still stand by the 7500 I said last week.

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

mcveyrl
December 22nd, 2016, 10:15 PM
Sure I am, still stand by the 7500 I said last week.

Just to be clear, you're predicting 7500 AIS as the max attendance at the game...

I smell a whiskey bet.

ALPHAGRIZ1
December 22nd, 2016, 10:36 PM
Yes, and I am being generous with that number.

JMUNJ08
December 22nd, 2016, 11:54 PM
Yes, and I am being generous with that number.

Even with JMU selling 7k on their own? C'mon you are being stubborn now!

mcveyrl
December 23rd, 2016, 06:02 AM
Even with JMU selling 7k on their own? C'mon you are being stubborn now!

Yea, honest questions for AG because you seem like a pretty straightforward guy (but maybe I'm naive) :

Both schools sold 8K in about a day and a half and the secondary market continues to see increases in prices, which would tend to indicate increased demand. Do you think these schools are lying? Are ticket prices being artificially inflated? Maybe you think fans will buy the tickets and not travel. There's got to be a reason you're sticking with that number other than just stubbornness.

th0m
December 23rd, 2016, 06:06 AM
He's just trying to get you riled up Mcveyrl. Attendance will be close to capacity. Butts in seats a little less due to NDSU no shows but a solid show nonetheless.

RootinFerDukes
December 23rd, 2016, 07:51 AM
Alpha griz is clearly not the brightest bear in the woods.

Bisonoline
December 23rd, 2016, 12:34 PM

You dont get it. :D

http://forum.siouxsports.com/uploads/monthly_2016_12/trolling24.jpg.aca64ff1f97cd490219f84033fb3c4e1.jp g (http://forum.siouxsports.com/uploads/monthly_2016_12/trolling24.jpg.aca64ff1f97cd490219f84033fb3c4e1.jp g)

mcveyrl
December 23rd, 2016, 02:16 PM
You dont get it. :D

http://forum.siouxsports.com/uploads/monthly_2016_12/trolling24.jpg.aca64ff1f97cd490219f84033fb3c4e1.jp g (http://forum.siouxsports.com/uploads/monthly_2016_12/trolling24.jpg.aca64ff1f97cd490219f84033fb3c4e1.jp g)

Fair enough. Gave him too much credit, I guess.

ALPHAGRIZ1
December 25th, 2016, 12:51 PM
Yea, honest questions for AG because you seem like a pretty straightforward guy (but maybe I'm naive) :

Both schools sold 8K in about a day and a half and the secondary market continues to see increases in prices, which would tend to indicate increased demand. Do you think these schools are lying? Are ticket prices being artificially inflated? Maybe you think fans will buy the tickets and not travel. There's got to be a reason you're sticking with that number other than just stubbornness.

Yeah I just don't buy the numbers being thrown around. I have been to numerous NC games in Chattanooga and Frisco and the only time I bought the numbers were when NDSU was there....all seats filled and another 3-4k in the parking lot tailgating while the game was on.

If you guys do Crack my 7500 threshold good on you and I am wrong.

Longhorn
December 25th, 2016, 01:00 PM
What is your guess?

I will go with around 4000-5000 (tel:4000-5000) fans from both teams and maybe 2k of locals that want to watch football near Dallas

7500 tops

I give you credit for persistence...you never tire of being wrong! xlolx

Longhorn
December 25th, 2016, 01:02 PM

True. He does like to spread his cr*p about tho...

ALPHAGRIZ1
December 25th, 2016, 07:12 PM
I give you credit for persistence...you never tire of being wrong! xlolx
Wewillsee

Longhorn
December 26th, 2016, 11:27 AM
Wewillsee

Doubt it. You have to have an open mind to "see"

Considering that 8,000 tickets allocated to JMU and YSU (7k to JMU and 1k to YSU) have already been sold, I'll add obstinate to your trait of being persistent...two qualities that don't necessarily compliment one another...but whatever floats your boat.

ALPHAGRIZ1
December 26th, 2016, 01:11 PM
Just because they say they sold that many tickets doesnt make it fact. Just because they "say" they sold that many tickets doesnt mean people will show up.

We will see when game day arrives, but I expect to see more empty seats than the Holiday bowl................

RootinFerDukes
December 26th, 2016, 01:31 PM
Just because they say they sold that many tickets doesnt make it fact. Just because they "say" they sold that many tickets doesnt mean people will show up.

We will see when game day arrives, but I expect to see more empty seats than the Holiday bowl................

There's actually some truth to this conspiracy theory. Just ask the University of Richmond.

ALPHAGRIZ1
December 26th, 2016, 06:10 PM
There's actually some truth to this conspiracy theory. Just ask the University of Richmond.

How about you guys just shut up until game time then come back and tell me if I am wrong or not? I will take your word for it since I wont be watching.

Longhorn
December 26th, 2016, 07:56 PM

"Just because they say..."??? xrotatehx

I bet you're one of the guys that believe they faked the moon landings too, am I right?

POD Knows
December 26th, 2016, 08:17 PM

I bet you're one of the guys that believe they faked the moon landings too, am I right?

Yea, Kubrick directed it. I saw it on the internet

http://yournewswire.com/stanley-kubrick-confesses-to-faking-the-moon-landings/

grayghost06
December 26th, 2016, 08:17 PM
How about you guys just shut up until game time then come back and tell me if I am wrong or not? I will take your word for it since I wont be watching.

How about you just say, "I was shootin' off my mouth and I really don't know *****." But if by some chance we all were wrong, we all come back and apologize. Of course for that to happen, both schools and the media in H'burg, Y'town and Dallas would have to be conspiring w/ Alphagriz.

ALPHAGRIZ1
December 26th, 2016, 09:14 PM

I see Montana announce sell outs every week and then go to the games......lots of empty seats every week and getting emptier. Not a conspiracy just an observation

caribbeanhen
December 26th, 2016, 09:15 PM

Schor.... he will win it for JMU..... Forget the scouting report and just watch him play...

JMUisat14
December 26th, 2016, 09:49 PM
I see Montana announce sell outs every week and then go to the games......lots of empty seats every week and getting emptier. Not a conspiracy just an observation

Last time I checked Montana was not one of the two teams in the championship.

Bisonator
December 27th, 2016, 08:03 AM
How about you just say, "I was shootin' off my mouth and I really don't know *****." But if by some chance we all were wrong, we all come back and apologize. Of course for that to happen, both schools and the media in H'burg, Y'town and Dallas would have to be conspiring w/ Alphagriz.
Yeah right, good one!xlolx

ALPHAGRIZ1
December 27th, 2016, 11:42 AM
Last time I checked Montana was not one of the two teams in the championship.
Montana wouldnt bring more than 5k to the game either.........not that we will ever get there again.

BisonFan02
December 27th, 2016, 09:11 PM
Montana wouldnt bring more than 5k to the game either.........not that we will ever get there again.

https://media.tenor.co/images/f4616ad8094a2db8a66caa0d1f0dfaf5/raw

penguinpower
December 27th, 2016, 09:41 PM
There is a decent number of Youngstown people living in Frisco and McKinney areas. I know 3 families in addition to my brother. They are even talking about opening a Handel's ice cream place there. My brother said that there are a lot of people living there that will be going

NDSUtk
December 29th, 2016, 10:22 AM
153 listings on Flash Seats with just under 500 tickets on those listings as of this morning.

ytownchief22
December 29th, 2016, 10:50 AM
YSU athletic department trying to cover their butts from the fiasco of only getting 1,000 tickets before. Better late then never I guess....

http://www.ysusports.com/sports/fball/2016-17/releases/fcs-student-travel-package

BisonTru
December 29th, 2016, 11:14 AM
That section is under construction. They must have been able to finish up some of the construction or find some temp seating.

JMUNJ08
December 29th, 2016, 11:31 AM
YSU athletic department trying to cover their butts from the fiasco of only getting 1,000 tickets before. Better late then never I guess....

http://www.ysusports.com/sports/fball/2016-17/releases/fcs-student-travel-package

If I'm a student, sign me up! Just go out Wednesday night n don't let the party stop!

The Yo Show
December 29th, 2016, 12:57 PM
Packages sold out within less than an hour haha.

Bisonator
December 29th, 2016, 01:02 PM

They only offered 125 tickets to students? And they sold out in 45 minutes. Your AD should be **** canned. WTF has Tressel had to say about this fiasco?

ytownchief22
December 29th, 2016, 01:09 PM
They only offered 125 tickets to students? And they sold out in 45 minutes. Your AD should be **** canned. WTF has Tressel had to say about this fiasco?

He will say nothing. He is trying his best to stay away from the athletics part. Meanwhile, the AD and his clowns are pissing more people off each day.

jmufan999
December 29th, 2016, 01:48 PM
I will take your word for it since I wont be watching.

hahaha.... jesus you're bad at this.

let me guess: if JMU wins, you didn't watch because you don't care. if YSU wins, you will have watched. tell me I'm wrong.

BirdFan 4Life
December 29th, 2016, 03:05 PM
The article states that YSU was paying for the ticket to the game and the bus fare from OH to TX. Pretty good deal if you can't afford to fly as a student.

Standing Room Only Ticket though, what a buncha A Holes.

ALPHAGRIZ1
December 29th, 2016, 04:42 PM
hahaha.... jesus you're bad at this.

let me guess: if JMU wins, you didn't watch because you don't care. if YSU wins, you will have watched. tell me I'm wrong.
Why would anyone outside of those two fan bases care who wins? It's going to be a bad game anyway.

Grizalltheway
December 29th, 2016, 05:25 PM
The same reason you've scratched your record to NDSU winning the last 5 years?

ALPHAGRIZ1
December 29th, 2016, 08:40 PM
You make no sense, there isn't one person that gives less of a **** than I do if NDSU wins or not.

Get real

JMUisat14
December 30th, 2016, 10:01 AM
You make no sense, there isn't one person that gives less of a **** than I do if NDSU wins or not.

Get real

Your actions and demeanor on this board certainly says otherwise.

Hammerhead
December 30th, 2016, 10:15 AM
I took a bus sponsored by some group and NDSU with students and non-students to the D-II championship game in 1986 when I was a freshman. The bus drivers said drink what you want in the back, but those of us who were under 21 do so at your own risk. :)

If I'm a student, sign me up! Just go out Wednesday night n don't let the party stop!

Bisonoline
December 30th, 2016, 01:33 PM

Hes just there for the party.

caribbeanhen
December 30th, 2016, 01:50 PM
I took a bus sponsored by some group and NDSU with students and non-students to the D-II championship game in 1986 when I was a freshman. The bus drivers said drink what you want in the back, but those of us who were under 21 do so at your own risk. :)

the good ole days, kids need to put the smart phones down and start drinking, partying and hooking up again.....

ALPHAGRIZ1
December 30th, 2016, 01:50 PM
Just because I know football and can see they are the best team in the FCS the last 5 years............suddenly that makes me a "Bison fan"

You nor anyone else gets to puts words in my mouth or tell other what I am thinking or mean by twisting my words. Sorry not gonna happen

caribbeanhen
December 30th, 2016, 02:18 PM
Just because I know football and can see they are the best team in the FCS the last 5 years............suddenly that makes me a "Bison fan"

You nor anyone else gets to puts words in my mouth or tell other what I am thinking or mean by twisting my words. Sorry not gonna happen

no one can put any words in your mouth because your foot is still in there with all the WRONGS you posted leading up the JMU Bison game....

ALPHAGRIZ1
January 1st, 2017, 04:53 PM
Just like I figured, nobody (relevant) has anything to say.

jmuwishyouhadadukedog
January 7th, 2017, 11:17 AM
Yeah, I'd say you were off, just a little.

ALPHAGRIZ1
January 7th, 2017, 11:39 AM
Yep I was wrong.

Longhorn
January 7th, 2017, 03:10 PM
Yep I was wrong.

No surprise there. xcoffeex

Cocky
January 7th, 2017, 03:11 PM
14423 was the attendance today.

caribbeanhen
January 7th, 2017, 03:13 PM
Yep I was wrong.

you whiffed on Schor!

kdinva
January 7th, 2017, 03:13 PM
14423 was the attendance today.

I think that is very accurate......and loved the end zone shots of the xtra points with dirt and catepillar machinery in the background......would have been 19,000 there with a complete stadium...

Cocky
January 7th, 2017, 03:16 PM
I think that is very accurate......and loved the end zone shots of the xtra points with dirt and catepillar machinery in the background......would have been 19,000 there with a complete stadium...

All available seats were not filled today.

MR. CHICKEN
January 7th, 2017, 03:23 PM
......MVFC....DIDN'T DO THEIR FAIR SHARE..........SON-IN-LAW...WORKS FO' CAT...IN PEORIA........MANY DUCATS WORFF...UH FREE....ADVERTIZIN'..........BROCCO!

th0m
January 7th, 2017, 03:24 PM
No but its not unreasonable to expect that YSU could have brought another couple thousand fans if their ticket office hadnt been as boneheaded. For all we know most of those empty seats were NDSU no shows.

ALPHAGRIZ1
January 7th, 2017, 03:30 PM
you whiffed on Schor!
Yeah 7 for 12 and 112 yards passing.........what a whiff.

caribbeanhen
January 7th, 2017, 03:33 PM
Yeah 7 for 12 and 112 yards passing.........what a whiff.

I said he is a winner... if YSU had challenged JMU, Stats would of been a bit different though

ALPHAGRIZ1
January 7th, 2017, 04:08 PM
I said he is a winner... if YSU had challenged JMU, Stats would of been a bit different though
Obviously he's the next Peyton Manning, elite game today............

Bisonoline
January 7th, 2017, 04:14 PM
All available seats were not filled today.

But were they sold? There is always empty seats even with sell outs.

caribbeanhen
January 7th, 2017, 04:17 PM
I thought it looked packed, the EZ construction was an eyesore though

Cocky
January 7th, 2017, 04:29 PM
But were they sold? There is always empty seats even with sell outs.

Im sure a Bison fan owned the tickets or had them at one time.

Bisonoline
January 7th, 2017, 04:31 PM
Im sure a Bison fan owned the tickets or had them at one time.

There are also tickets sold-given to local businesses. Im sure with the weather they opted out on attending.

Green26
January 7th, 2017, 10:29 PM
Yep I was wrong.

Are you ever right on anything? Other than NDSU was very good the past half dozen years?

ALPHAGRIZ1
January 7th, 2017, 11:27 PM
Are you ever right on anything? Other than NDSU was very good the past half dozen years?

You are a pompous lying, JACKass, I nailed that one a dozen years ago.

I was right about Stitt being a bad HC hire, Semore is a better DC than TG and that the cats would beat us this year..........and NDSU not winning it all again this year. Lots of things I am right about.

Pards Rule
January 8th, 2017, 02:31 PM
I thought it looked packed, the EZ construction was an eyesore though

That was the side I sat on on the same exact day 1/7/12 - 5 years earlier to see NDSU beat SHSU and pick up its first title. What are they doing there? And attendance in my book is turnstiles clicked not tickets sold..So, what was the estimated attendance based on visuals you guys?

Green26
January 8th, 2017, 07:53 PM
You are a pompous lying, JACKass, I nailed that one a dozen years ago.

I was right about Stitt being a bad HC hire, Semore is a better DC than TG and that the cats would beat us this year..........and NDSU not winning it all again this year. Lots of things I am right about.

Semore is not a better DC than TG. Where did you say any of those things?

Green26
January 8th, 2017, 08:09 PM
Alpha, so why did you start a thread entitled "Why Stitt will succeed", and then start talking about what a great hire he was? You are such a liar. You were all excited about Stitt's hiring.

ALPHAGRIZ1
January 8th, 2017, 08:22 PM
Alpha, so why did you start a thread entitled "Why Stitt will succeed", and then start talking about what a great hire he was? You are such a liar. You were all excited about Stitt's hiring.

I have never been excited about his hire Jack, keep your **** and lies off of here.

BisonFan02
January 8th, 2017, 08:48 PM
I have never been excited about his hire Jack, keep your **** and lies off of here.

It gave my balls a tingle.

Green26
January 8th, 2017, 09:49 PM
Hey, Mike. Your posts being excited about Stitt are all over egriz.

BisonFan02
January 8th, 2017, 10:00 PM

whats egriz?

TheRevSFA
January 8th, 2017, 10:23 PM
whats egriz?

The action of leaving a place.

Oh wait, that's egress....

BisonFan02
January 8th, 2017, 10:25 PM
The action of leaving a place.

Oh wait, that's egress....

.......but I digriz. :D

ALPHAGRIZ1
January 8th, 2017, 11:36 PM

No they are not Jack, I dont post on eGriz and havent in at least a couple years, I can however get you in contact with the people that have if you want? I have your cell number and can text you their numbers, its the least I can do for what they have done.

ValleyTalk
January 9th, 2017, 07:03 PM
I know of quite a few fans for both teams that were not able to attend because their Friday afternoon/evening flights were canceled due to that winter storm that hit the Atlantic Coast. The place was packed and was a great experience. Would love to be back!

PurpleStreamers
January 10th, 2017, 12:53 PM
I know of quite a few fans for both teams that were not able to attend because their Friday afternoon/evening flights were canceled due to that winter storm that hit the Atlantic Coast. The place was packed and was a great experience. Would love to be back!

Yup. Always a few jerks in every fanbase and our two were no exception, but overall had a great time meeting and hanging out and talking good-natured trash with YSU folks all day Friday and Saturday!

Also, tv ratings are in:

2014: 1.2M
2015: 1.44M
2016: 1.35M
2017: 1.56M

http://www.sportsmediawatch.com/2016/01/...mpionship/ (http://www.sportsmediawatch.com/2016/01/pga-tour-ratings-tournament-champions-nbc-golf-channel-all-american-bowl-fcs-national-championship/)

Maybe it was just the weather in much of the country, but I'd like to think it says something about the AGS question of whether the dynasty was good for FCS. (and of course it's all thanks to Dukes! - more bait)

mcveyrl
January 10th, 2017, 01:00 PM
Yup. Always a few jerks in every fanbase and our two were no exception, but overall had a great time meeting and hanging out and talking good-natured trash with YSU folks all day Friday and Saturday!

Also, tv ratings are in:

http://www.sportsmediawatch.com/2016/01/...mpionship/ (http://www.sportsmediawatch.com/2016/01/pga-tour-ratings-tournament-champions-nbc-golf-channel-all-american-bowl-fcs-national-championship/)

Maybe it was just the weather in much of the country, but I'd like to think it says something about the AGS question of whether the dynasty was good for FCS. (and of course it's all thanks to Dukes! - more bait)

I don't see the ratings for the 2017 game anywhere...

clenz
January 10th, 2017, 01:06 PM
I don't see the ratings for the 2017 game anywhere...
Fair to assume that since we removed 18K Bison fans in the stands and another 50K from Frisco, and had them watching on TV that the ratings would go up.

POD Knows
January 10th, 2017, 01:10 PM

Also, tv ratings are in:

Were did you get the 2017 number

Redbird007
January 10th, 2017, 01:20 PM

Also, tv ratings are in:

IMO, the fledgling nature /second tier status of FCS football is not helped by the dynasty of any team. FCS needs to be marketed around the entire country as much as possible. The NDSU championship dynasty was (who knows if it is even over?) tremendous for NDSU and the city of Fargo. It was good for the state of ND and MVFC. Beyond that I believe it did not help FCS football numbers and likely lead to an overall decrease in fan interest at other schools and regions. Any school winning multiple times is just not going to get much attention outside of their immediate region and fan base. As impressive as NDSU's run was there are basically few, if any, football fans in the Chicagoland area that know of that accomplishment. I use that only as an example but I believe you would find the same limited football fan knowledge in basically all other areas of the country except the upper Midwest. The same would apply if any other team from a different region of the country won 5 in a row. With JMU/CAA winning this year you now have a much larger population base hearing about a FCS football championship which is a good thing. Had NDSU won again the same NDSU fans would have heard about the 6peat and virtually no new fans would have heard about FCS football.

Noryan34
January 10th, 2017, 01:31 PM
Had to do some digging as original posted broken or incorrect link.

https://sportstvratings.com/raiders-texans-sportscenter-nfl-countdown-top-cable-sports-tv-ratings-for-saturday-january-7-2016/7274/

POD Knows
January 10th, 2017, 01:58 PM
Had to do some digging as original posted broken or incorrect link.

https://sportstvratings.com/raiders-texans-sportscenter-nfl-countdown-top-cable-sports-tv-ratings-for-saturday-january-7-2016/7274/

Looked like the highest rated broadcast on that network for the period.