PDA

View Full Version : The best thing about the NDSU loss..

Cocky
December 16th, 2016, 09:24 PM
the city of Frisco will be the big loser.

RootinFerDukes
December 16th, 2016, 09:29 PM
Really? I'm pumped as hell and I even have some trolling tendencies but I don't kick someone when they're down.

Cocky
December 16th, 2016, 09:36 PM
Really? I'm pumped as hell and I even have some trolling tendencies but I don't kick someone when they're down.

If you had the pleasure of going to Frisco when the Bison were playing you would understand the dislike for Frisco. Never felt more unwelcome, even at opponents home,, on campus stadium are more respectful and welcoming.

KPSUL
December 16th, 2016, 10:08 PM
It's going to be fun watching the prices on the NCAA Ticket Exchange nosedive in the coming days and weeks when the Bizon fans try to sell theirs.

Daytripper
December 16th, 2016, 10:10 PM
It's going to be fun watching the prices on the NCAA Ticket Exchange nosedive in the coming days and weeks when the Bizon fans try to sell theirs.

I'm buying low and spending the savings on booze.

TheRevSFA
December 16th, 2016, 10:13 PM
Yeah looks like I'll be getting a ticket to Frisco

Daytripper
December 16th, 2016, 10:14 PM
Yeah looks like I'll be getting a ticket to Frisco

We may finally meet. I'll look for the Jacks gear, you look for the dude in orange.

dewey
December 16th, 2016, 10:41 PM
If anyone needs tickets at cost I have some that I would be happy to sell.

Shoot me a PM if interested.

Dewey

ursus arctos horribilis
December 16th, 2016, 11:22 PM
I'm buying low and spending the savings on booze.

I like your style DT cuz a man has got to have a plan. That is a good one.

POD Knows
December 16th, 2016, 11:26 PM
I get to cancel my rooms and get about 80,000 Holiday Inn priority points back. Every cloud has a silver lining or something.

RootinFerDukes
December 17th, 2016, 02:09 AM
If you had the pleasure of going to Frisco when the Bison were playing you would understand the dislike for Frisco. Never felt more unwelcome, even at opponents home,, on campus stadium are more respectful and welcoming.

Care to be more specific? I understand that Frisco businesses love NDSU because they're shocked that such a "lower level" school could bring such a massive crowd to a game 15.5 hours away. JMU fans will be a respectable crowd in their own right. I've got people I never in a million years would think would go to a game in TN, let alone TX, saying they're planning on booking a flight.

I'm not sure what EWU or YSU would bring. YSU also has a strong following.

dgtw
December 17th, 2016, 03:54 AM
I didn't have any problems there. But I didn't go bar hopping, either.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Cocky
December 17th, 2016, 05:45 AM
Care to be more specific? I understand that Frisco businesses love NDSU because they're shocked that such a "lower level" school could bring such a massive crowd to a game 15.5 hours away. JMU fans will be a respectable crowd in their own right. I've got people I never in a million years would think would go to a game in TN, let alone TX, saying they're planning on booking a flight.

I'm not sure what EWU or YSU would bring. YSU also has a strong following.

For one the Mayor was an ass to JSU fans. The restaurant we when to had discounts for NDSU fans but not JSU fans. Announcer was prompting NDSU fans to cheer but never JSU. The whole experience was to make sure NDSU was happy and held every advantage possible. NDSU would be a better host than Frisco.

JMU should have a different experience since NDSU will not be there, or I hope so. Anyways Frisco and the NCAA made what maybe a once in a lifetime event for JSU fans a very forgettable trip.

caribbeanhen
December 17th, 2016, 06:03 AM
For one the Mayor was an ass to JSU fans. The restaurant we when to had discounts for NDSU fans but not JSU fans. Announcer was prompting NDSU fans to cheer but never JSU. The whole experience was to make sure NDSU was happy and held every advantage possible. NDSU would be a better host than Frisco.

JMU should have a different experience since NDSU will not be there, or I hope so. Anyways Frisco and the NCAA made what maybe a once in a lifetime event for JSU fans a very forgettable trip.

if that was happening I would of swiped a drunk Bison's fans cap when approaching the bar.... when coming back to the table with the drinks let burachono Bison have his hat back....

obviously this was the underground economy where you have Bison fans raiding Frisco with dollars falling out of there pockets from all the oil money they saved, you have Frisco business owners in bed with the refs to ensure the Bison fans keep coming back, and the NCAA is good with it all because the Championship game is sold out, looks good on TV... The perfect trilogy of corruption... haha

Cocky
December 17th, 2016, 06:11 AM
If I were a NDSU fan I would have been smiling ear to ear. Dont blame any of them for taking every advantage of Frisco's hospitality toward the Bison herd.

caribbeanhen
December 17th, 2016, 07:34 AM
If I were a NDSU fan I would have been smiling ear to ear. Dont blame any of them for taking every advantage of Frisco's hospitality toward the Bison herd.

oh no doubt about that, but the Bison fans weren't the only ones smiling... NCAA and Frisco business owners were smiling away

RootinFerDukes
December 17th, 2016, 07:42 AM
I'm sure frisco's mayor is pissed right now. JMU fans will come with numbers. No need to worry.

ursus arctos horribilis
December 17th, 2016, 04:27 PM

No offense meant Cocky but this all seems sort of dumb in that you would sort of expect that businesses and so forth would tilt toward their biggest client wouldn't ya?

I mean if it were you, and this were your meal ticket, you wouldn't have any favoritism? Seems a bit odd to think the business playing field should have some sort of equalizer other than the making of a buck and what serves your business the best.

It is too bad you didn't have a good experience but I think I damn sure would have whether I got the "equal treatment" or not. WGAF, I mean crap when we travel on the road to another teams area we don't get it then either so don't know what the difference is really.

Free markets are fair in that sense, they curve to the cash. They are not fair in and "this has to be equal for everyone" type of way.

ursus arctos horribilis
December 17th, 2016, 04:29 PM
I'm sure frisco's mayor is pissed right now. JMU fans will come with numbers. No need to worry.

Again, not intended to offend but I don't think it is gonna be anywhere near what it would have been. Hope that is wrong and would love to be surprised buy you guys aren't taking 15k or better there would you think?

ALPHAGRIZ1
December 17th, 2016, 04:33 PM
No offense meant Cocky but this all seems sort of dumb in that you would sort of expect that businesses and so forth would tilt toward their biggest client wouldn't ya?

I mean if it were you, and this were your meal ticket, you wouldn't have any favoritism? Seems a bit odd to think the business playing field should have some sort of equalizer other than the making of a buck and what serves your business the best.

It is too bad you didn't have a good experience but I think I damn sure would have whether I got the "equal treatment" or not. WGAF, I mean crap when we travel on the road to another teams area we don't get it then either so don't know what the difference is really.

Free markets are fair in that sense, they curve to the cash. They are not fair in and "this has to be equal for everyone" type of way.

Hey pal, quit acting like we have fun when we go on road trips, its simply not true. Iowa, North & South Carolina, North Dakota etc have all been world class asshats when we show up and you know it. We buy all the drinks, nobody shows us around and we dont even sniff fun until we get back to the motherland. (Montana for all you east coast meterosexuals)

I wont speak for you but I am already not looking forward to the next trip where ever it may be........................its just not worth it.

xcoffeex

Bisonoline
December 17th, 2016, 04:45 PM
if that was happening I would of swiped a drunk Bison's fans cap when approaching the bar.... when coming back to the table with the drinks let burachono Bison have his hat back....

obviously this was the underground economy where you have Bison fans raiding Frisco with dollars falling out of there pockets from all the oil money they saved, you have Frisco business owners in bed with the refs to ensure the Bison fans keep coming back, and the NCAA is good with it all because the Championship game is sold out, looks good on TV... The perfect trilogy of corruption... haha

Sad part is you probably believe that crap. xsmhx

Daytripper
December 17th, 2016, 04:46 PM
Go to Frisco. Eat and drink to your heart's content. Tailgate. Cheer for your team. Be a classy winner or a good loser. Don't worry about anything else. HAVE FUN!

ursus arctos horribilis
December 17th, 2016, 04:48 PM
Hey pal, quit acting like we have fun when we go on road trips, its simply not true. Iowa, North & South Carolina, North Dakota etc have all been world class asshats when we show up and you know it. We buy all the drinks, nobody shows us around and we dont even sniff fun until we get back to the motherland. (Montana for all you east coast meterosexuals)

I wont speak for you but I am already not looking forward to the next trip where ever it may be........................its just not worth it.

xcoffeex

Yeah but when we do have to buy a beer, it's full price! Hell, when you are around Bison fans at an event I wouldn't think you'd have to pay much as it is. xlolx

I know what you mean though, it's a real bitch. It is only as fun as you make it I guess.

JSU would tryly be a great game/place to get on our schedule. I'd enjoy those people and their mistreatment and price gouging very much. C'mon AD's, get this done!

Damn, we've had some great f'n trips.

Bisonoline
December 17th, 2016, 04:50 PM

You are usually treated the way you act. Walk in with an attitude like the first two jackwagon JSU fans I met and I can see why they wanted nothing to do with you.

Its only as much fun as you put in to it. Just saying.

caribbeanhen
December 17th, 2016, 05:06 PM
Sad part is you probably believe that crap. xsmhx

what... Bison fans didn't spend a lot of money in Frisco?
Business owners in Frisco didn't want the Bison to win again?
the NCAA doesn't like the look of a full stadium for a championship game?

what's so hard to believe about all that?

cant you understand a back handed compliment or does everything need to be in black n white for ya?

mamberso
December 17th, 2016, 05:10 PM

I was there and enjoyed every minute of my experience (except for the game itself). There were plenty businesses cater the Bison crowd. But as was pointed out earlier, that was because at least 75% of the people there were NDSU fans. We live in a place where those businesses have every right to do so. You have every right not to frequent those establishments. I had no problem with it.

As for the stadium experience, the PA announcer was mimicking the first down and touchdown calls at each team's home stadium. It was annoying, but he was doing it for both teams. Every NDSU fan I met was extremely nice. The only jerks I met were wearing red, which to me was the worst part of the experience.

I think the fans of both teams will enjoy the weekend. I am a fan of FCS football. I hope for the sake of FCS, the stadium is full.

BisonTru
December 17th, 2016, 05:12 PM
I will admit the ISU championship they were assigned the paved lot and we just parked all our **** there and took it.

Oh well, I'm over it. 😃

IBleedYellow
December 17th, 2016, 05:17 PM
I haven't read much of this thread...But I'll say this.

You're treated how you act. There's a reason that a police officer of Frisco said "Y'all are the most respectful drinks we've ever met."

Sorry we drank a lot, tipped a lot, and had fun with the bars down there.

They enjoyed having us down there just like we enjoyed being there with them.

Cocky you're just being salty. Maybe if ya don't walk into a bar yelling "stay cocky!" To waiters and waitresses. Experienced that first hand, then watched NDSU fans get seated before that rude group for obvious reasons.

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

cx500d
December 17th, 2016, 05:34 PM
It's supply and demand. Of course you are going to pay more for beer when the Bison are in town, because the beer inventories will be in short supply.

Yeah but when we do have to buy a beer, it's full price! Hell, when you are around Bison fans at an event I wouldn't think you'd have to pay much as it is. xlolx

I know what you mean though, it's a real bitch. It is only as fun as you make it I guess.

JSU would tryly be a great game/place to get on our schedule. I'd enjoy those people and their mistreatment and price gouging very much. C'mon AD's, get this done!

Damn, we've had some great f'n trips.

RootinFerDukes
December 17th, 2016, 05:36 PM
Does anyone have the listing of what the face value prices were for the FCS championship game when they went on sale in the preseason? I want to make sure something is a good deal. Thanks.

Bisonoline
December 17th, 2016, 05:36 PM
what... Bison fans didn't spend a lot of money in Frisco?
Business owners in Frisco didn't want the Bison to win again?
the NCAA doesn't like the look of a full stadium for a championship game?

what's so hard to believe about all that?

cant you understand a back handed compliment or does everything need to be in black n white for ya?

::You have Frisco business owners in bed with the refs to ensure the Bison fans keep coming back, and the NCAA is good with it all because the Championship game is sold out, looks good on TV... The perfect trilogy of corruption... haha""

I found your delusions amusing. You on the other hand---as I said---believe it.:D

Bisonoline
December 17th, 2016, 05:38 PM
Does anyone have the listing of what the face value prices were for the FCS championship game when they went on sale in the preseason? I want to make sure something is a good deal. Thanks.

They were 75 dollars. Then there is the hospitality packages with food and indoor cushy seats at the game. Dont know what those cost.

RootinFerDukes
December 17th, 2016, 05:43 PM
They were 75 dollars. Then there is the hospitality packages with food and cushy seats at the game. Dont know what those cost.

Do you know if every section was $75? What section was yours? The allotment directly through JMU is $75 also. Thanks for the response.

Bisonoline
December 17th, 2016, 05:46 PM

I just cancelled 4 rooms at the Comfort Suites. Which is right next to the tailgate lot.

Bisonoline
December 17th, 2016, 05:47 PM
Do you know if every section was $75? What section was yours? The allotment directly through JMU is $75 also. Thanks for the response.

This year i think they were all the same price as they are 4000 seats short because of the renovation of the stadium. My tix are in sec 107 and 109.

caribbeanhen
December 17th, 2016, 06:00 PM
::I found your delusions amusing. You on the other hand---as I said---believe it.:D

glad your starting to get it! but never believe anything you read on the net...

Twentysix
December 17th, 2016, 06:02 PM

everything is the same price except student tickets.

BisonFanAnn
December 17th, 2016, 06:05 PM
Seats closer to the end zones were $71.50 (with fees).

Hospitality package (ticket plus access to free food and an indoor space) were $198 each with fees.

NDSUtk
December 17th, 2016, 08:34 PM
Seats closer to the end zones were $71.50 (with fees).

Hospitality package (ticket plus access to free food and an indoor space) were $198 each with fees.
Accurate. And $82 after fees for more middle. Went Up a fair amount this year.

Twentysix
December 17th, 2016, 08:37 PM
Accurate. And $82 after fees for more middle. Went Up a fair amount this year.

Yeah, my last 3 sets of tickets were $33 face value. :\

Bisonoline
December 17th, 2016, 08:42 PM

You get the 3 year package?

NDSUtk
December 17th, 2016, 08:55 PM
Yeah I did the three year pack and it worked out to like $40/each and that was 5th and 6th row at the 30

Twentysix
December 17th, 2016, 09:01 PM
You get the 3 year package?

Yeah.

I sold the 2nd years tickets and paid for the whole thing :)

NDSU Fan
December 17th, 2016, 09:27 PM
I paid $331 for 4 tickets in section 125 with fees. $75 face value with a $5 FCS ticket order fee and $26 FCS football ticket fee.

Cocky
December 17th, 2016, 09:40 PM

Havent ever travel on the road to any opponent who treated you as classless as Frisco.
In our businesses we instruct our employees to treat everyone with class and professionalism. Your money was hard earned and you deserve to be treated with respect while being served. I guess we will have to disagree on how to run a business.

Cocky
December 17th, 2016, 09:43 PM
Again, not intended to offend but I don't think it is gonna be anywhere near what it would have been. Hope that is wrong and would love to be surprised buy you guys aren't taking 15k or better there would you think?
Heck no will it be the same. NDSU brings several times the fans of any FCS school and will rank with several top level FBS schools.

Cocky
December 17th, 2016, 09:49 PM
I was there and enjoyed every minute of my experience (except for the game itself). There were plenty businesses cater the Bison crowd. But as was pointed out earlier, that was because at least 75% of the people there were NDSU fans. We live in a place where those businesses have every right to do so. You have every right not to frequent those establishments. I had no problem with it.

As for the stadium experience, the PA announcer was mimicking the first down and touchdown calls at each team's home stadium. It was annoying, but he was doing it for both teams. Every NDSU fan I met was extremely nice. The only jerks I met were wearing red, which to me was the worst part of the experience.

I think the fans of both teams will enjoy the weekend. I am a fan of FCS football. I hope for the sake of FCS, the stadium is full.
Well maybe since all of the jerks wear red I hope we dont see you in Jville anytime soon. You must be the biggest jerk around if you feel all JSU fans are jerks.

Cocky
December 17th, 2016, 09:53 PM
I haven't read much of this thread...But I'll say this.

You're treated how you act. There's a reason that a police officer of Frisco said "Y'all are the most respectful drinks we've ever met."

Sorry we drank a lot, tipped a lot, and had fun with the bars down there.

They enjoyed having us down there just like we enjoyed being there with them.

Cocky you're just being salty. Maybe if ya don't walk into a bar yelling "stay cocky!" To waiters and waitresses. Experienced that first hand, then watched NDSU fans get seated before that rude group for obvious reasons.

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

Dont remember yelling anything when we went into any business.

Wilson16
December 17th, 2016, 10:00 PM
Loved everything about my trips to Frisco other than it could have been warme.

Bison56
December 17th, 2016, 10:13 PM
When the fans trash talk as much as the players it's understandable.

ursus arctos horribilis
December 17th, 2016, 10:23 PM
It's supply and demand. Of course you are going to pay more for beer when the Bison are in town, because the beer inventories will be in short supply.

My group stands toe to toe with the Bison fans. Grizo is not considered part of my group after an unfortunate but funny showing in a parking lot in Fargo btw. I won't be out drank, I promise you that. I am a one man demand brother!xthumbsupx

Then I got Alpha to help drive prices up.

ursus arctos horribilis
December 17th, 2016, 10:33 PM
Havent ever travel on the road to any opponent who treated you as classless as Frisco.
In our businesses we instruct our employees to treat everyone with class and professionalism. Your money was hard earned and you deserve to be treated with respect while being served. I guess we will have to disagree on how to run a business.

I'm not sure we desagree other than your change up in direction there. I agree with that. I say you still give your top customer, your most income, the extra nod and attention. That's a fact.

I find it hard to believe that one would be treated poorly all over unless that person or group had some attitude. Your experience seem to divert from mamberso's so possibly it is just a difference in the way you were perceived.

But to say it again. My main point is simply that the town, businesses, waitstaffs, etc. will bend to the money and that is at it should be I think.

caribbeanhen
December 18th, 2016, 06:02 AM

speaking of trash talking....^^^^

CHIP72
December 18th, 2016, 06:23 AM
Heck no will it be the same. NDSU brings several times the fans of any FCS school and will rank with several top level FBS schools.

Oh really? I'd like to see NDSU, located in rural North Dakota and having to share fans within their state with UND, routinely attract 100K fans to home games like some FBS/DI-A teams do.

Cocky
December 18th, 2016, 07:24 AM
Oh really? I'd like to see NDSU, located in rural North Dakota and having to share fans within their state with UND, routinely attract 100K fans to home games like some FBS/DI-A teams do.
Never experienced NDSU at a regular season game home or away. Last year their crowd may have been close to 30,000 in and out of the stadium.
100K, only a few teams are in that group. And no NDSU will not rank with UAT, Ohio St and the extreme top of FBS.

Cocky
December 18th, 2016, 07:26 AM

Didnt encounter any NDSU fan who trashed talked anymore than any other group of fans. Didnt see any fans from either team being a dick only being normal fans. I guess i found the asshole Frisco people you and member found the fans.

CHIP72
December 18th, 2016, 08:27 AM
Cocky - I attribute the suckiness of Frisco's population to 1) Frisco being a hoity-toity suburb and 2) many of those people being Dallas Cowboys fans. 😄

AmsterBison
December 18th, 2016, 08:51 AM
Unlike the 2peat, 3peat, or 4peat gear, the 5peat gear won't be out of date for a long time.

Also, isn't the stadium in Frisco significantly smaller this year? Seems like a good time to change the guard.

POD Knows
December 18th, 2016, 09:34 AM
Didnt encounter any NDSU fan who trashed talked anymore than any other group of fans. Didnt see any fans from either team being a dick only being normal fans. I guess i found the asshole Frisco people you and member found the fans.

I don't know how you were treated in Frisco but I get the issue with the perception that Frisco was basically Fargo south. My wife made her first trip to Frisco last year and we were all over the north metro area and she noted that a lot of the establishments had "Welcome Bison" signs and green/yellow stuff but almost nothing on JSU. She thought it was kind of weird. Ran into a group of JSU fans in a bar , about 8 of them, and they were really nice, said they were having a good time. I saw very few JSU fans out and about though.

Bison Fan in NW MN
December 18th, 2016, 10:42 AM
I don't know how you were treated in Frisco but I get the issue with the perception that Frisco was basically Fargo south. My wife made her first trip to Frisco last year and we were all over the north metro area and she noted that a lot of the establishments had "Welcome Bison" signs and green/yellow stuff but almost nothing on JSU. She thought it was kind of weird. Ran into a group of JSU fans in a bar , about 8 of them, and they were really nice, said they were having a good time. I saw very few JSU fans out and about though.

Honestly, I didn't see one before the game. Just like the Towson game...they were the most pathetic crowd in terms of numbers. Sat right in the middle of their section on the 50 and they were pretty "chirpy" for about a quarter and a half...then not much....xlolx

Cocky
December 18th, 2016, 11:21 AM
Honestly, I didn't see one before the game. Just like the Towson game...they were the most pathetic crowd in terms of numbers. Sat right in the middle of their section on the 50 and they were pretty "chirpy" for about a quarter and a half...then not much....xlolx
Probably because of the score.

swaghook
December 18th, 2016, 11:39 AM
Well we all knew an end had to come sometime. Really wanted another trip to Frisco, but planned an alternate vacation and we are headed for Florida instead.

cx500d
December 18th, 2016, 12:00 PM
Frisco/Plano people developed relationships with Bisons because it happened every year. 1st year was no big open arms from the locals. 2nd year maybe a little more. 3rd year was when it started to kick in. By the 4th year relationships were cemented. When you have different teams and different people swoop into town every year, there are no relationships formed. When its people the locals are familiar with, they pay attention to the FCS happenings and they know what to expect. Its just the way it is. I live in this area, and it really wasn't until after that third year that unaffiliated locals started to engage me when they noticed the Bison sticker or the ball cap or shirt. Before then, it was just another logo with no recognition.

Preferred Walk-On
December 18th, 2016, 01:06 PM

Never experienced NDSU at a regular season game home or away. Last year their crowd may have been close to 30,000 in and out of the stadium.
100K, only a few teams are in that group. And no NDSU will not rank with UAT, Ohio St and the extreme top of FBS.

People always say that NDSUer's bring attendance numbers because they have nothing better to do, or that they get good players because they don't have to compete for recruits with bigger schools within the state. Nobody will argue that options are somewhat limited in ND, and I am not even denying that there is probably a sliver of truth to this. However, these arguments are mostly crap, because the population bases on which these notions are predicated on are all bigger compared to ND.

It is unfair to think that NDSU could bring 100,000 of ND's total population of 700,000 to any event, even a home event. However, it is intriguing to consider ratios. I'd like to reply using some simple math with relative values:

Below are the number of attending fans (estimates, of course) versus the populations for those states:

2016 FCS National Championship (last year): 16,000 Bison Fans/700,000 people in ND = 2.3% of the state's population attending. This is a similar ratio to that attending home games in the Fargodome (18,000). I realize that Bison fans are also located in other states and contribute to these numbers, but please bear with me, as the same argument can be made for any other team's following as well.

2016 Rose Bowl (Iowa vs. Stanford): 48,000 Hawkeyes fans (95,000 seat stadium and 1/2 Hawkeye fans)/3.11 million people in Iowa = 1.5% of the state's population
Any 2016 Michigan home game = 110,000 Wolverines fans/9.91 million people in Michigan = 1.1% of the state's population
Any 2016 Ohio State home game = 105,000 Buckeyes fans/11.59 million people in Ohio = 0.9% of the state's population
Any 2016 Alabama home game = 102,000 Crimson Tide fans/4.85 million people in Alabama = 2.1% of the state's population

The point I am trying to make here (hopefully with some success) is that it is a pretty amazing feat to basically move the Fargodome population (and 2.3% of the state's population) 1200 miles to cheer on the Bison. It is also amazing that the relative numbers of attending NDSU home games is quite comparable to the "big boys" when one takes into consideration the population density of the areas considered.

It is my hope that JMU and YSU fans bring it to Frisco, especially since I have 12 tickets to sell. ;) I think these two teams are very good representations of the quality of football in the FCS. I am an FCS football fan, and I am sure that the fans that do attend will represent their teams and fan bases very well. Enjoy the ride...it is a blast!

My apologies for the long-winded post (that I just made longer).

underdawg
December 18th, 2016, 02:01 PM
Best thing? The sound of heads exploding On Bisonville

cx500d
December 18th, 2016, 02:30 PM
Best thing? The sound of heads exploding On Bisonville

Really not happening....There are a few questioning the OC, but I think there is a general sense of relief to get this weight off our shoulders. It was going to happen sometime; I know that pressure really ratcheted up for me. Almost made some of the games un-enjoyable to watch because you could sense the time was near given all the near miss escapes and the 2nd half under-performance of the offense in so many games during the regular season.

johnwarner
December 19th, 2016, 02:18 AM
hello
i'm new user.Former New York Yankee great Yogi Berra once said, “When you come to a fork in the road, take it.”
Berra was never short of providing an outrageous quote to those who would listen. This phrase was actually used to title a chapter in his book written in 1998, “The Yogi Book: I Really Didn’t Say Everything I Said!”
This classic Yogi-ism is a great representation where the North Dakota State football team finds itself after its first loss in more than two years. There is no metaphorical fork in the road or crossroad for the Bison season, just an obstacle. Its a challenge they’ll face by providing the country proof they’re deserving of being ranked better than fourth in the country.
Following the analogy, we could say forks have littered the road to a 33-game winning streak. The Bison have collected quite the silverware set over the past two seasons until finally being pricked by a fork that was faster and out for blood in Northern Iowa. The Panthers were chomping at the bit to get another crack at the Bison after a heartbreaking loss in 2013, but that’s life in the Missouri Valley Conference.

regards
john warner

JSUSoutherner
December 19th, 2016, 02:59 AM
People always say that NDSUer's bring attendance numbers because they have nothing better to do, or that they get good players because they don't have to compete for recruits with bigger schools within the state. Nobody will argue that options are somewhat limited in ND, and I am not even denying that there is probably a sliver of truth to this. However, these arguments are mostly crap, because the population bases on which these notions are predicated on are all bigger compared to ND.

It is unfair to think that NDSU could bring 100,000 of ND's total population of 700,000 to any event, even a home event. However, it is intriguing to consider ratios. I'd like to reply using some simple math with relative values:

Below are the number of attending fans (estimates, of course) versus the populations for those states:

2016 FCS National Championship (last year): 16,000 Bison Fans/700,000 people in ND = 2.3% of the state's population attending. This is a similar ratio to that attending home games in the Fargodome (18,000). I realize that Bison fans are also located in other states and contribute to these numbers, but please bear with me, as the same argument can be made for any other team's following as well.

2016 Rose Bowl (Iowa vs. Stanford): 48,000 Hawkeyes fans (95,000 seat stadium and 1/2 Hawkeye fans)/3.11 million people in Iowa = 1.5% of the state's population
Any 2016 Michigan home game = 110,000 Wolverines fans/9.91 million people in Michigan = 1.1% of the state's population
Any 2016 Ohio State home game = 105,000 Buckeyes fans/11.59 million people in Ohio = 0.9% of the state's population
Any 2016 Alabama home game = 102,000 Crimson Tide fans/4.85 million people in Alabama = 2.1% of the state's population

The point I am trying to make here (hopefully with some success) is that it is a pretty amazing feat to basically move the Fargodome population (and 2.3% of the state's population) 1200 miles to cheer on the Bison. It is also amazing that the relative numbers of attending NDSU home games is quite comparable to the "big boys" when one takes into consideration the population density of the areas considered.

It is my hope that JMU and YSU fans bring it to Frisco, especially since I have 12 tickets to sell. ;) I think these two teams are very good representations of the quality of football in the FCS. I am an FCS football fan, and I am sure that the fans that do attend will represent their teams and fan bases very well. Enjoy the ride...it is a blast!

My apologies for the long-winded post (that I just made longer).
Those ratios aren't accurate either because not all the people going to the Rose Bowl or Bryant-Denny are from Iowa/ Alabama.

I'd be willing to bet a pretty good sized chunk of NDSU's crowd last year wasn't from North Dakota.

alexale23
December 19th, 2016, 03:20 AM
hello
i'm new user.Former New York Yankee great Yogi Berra once said, “When you come to a fork in the road, take it.”
Berra was never short of providing an outrageous quote to those who would listen. This phrase was actually used to title a chapter in his book written in 1998, “The Yogi Book: I Really Didn’t Say Everything I Said!”
This classic Yogi-ism is a great representation where the North Dakota State football team finds itself after its first loss in more than two years. There is no metaphorical fork in the road or crossroad for the Bison season, just an obstacle. Its a challenge they’ll face by providing the country proof they’re deserving of being ranked better than fourth in the country.
Following the analogy, we could say forks have littered the road to a 33-game winning streak. The Bison have collected quite the silverware set over the past two seasons until finally being pricked by a fork that was faster and out for blood in Northern Iowa. The Panthers were chomping at the bit to get another crack at the Bison after a heartbreaking loss in 2013, but that’s life in the Missouri Valley Conference.

regards
john warner

Ndsu lost earlier this year to sdsu in the regular season

MR. CHICKEN
December 19th, 2016, 07:30 AM
Ndsu lost earlier this year to sdsu in the regular season

xflaggedx.......HE'S....(johnwarner).....NOT TALKIN' DIS SEASON........IN 2012........INDIANA STATE.....SOMEHOW....BEAT DUH BIZONSSSS..........NORFF DAKOTOAH STATE....DEN WENT ON....UH 33 GAME RAMPAGE....DAT ENDED ...IN 2014....WHEN UNI....AVENGED DUH 2013.......BIZONSSS W.......YER FLAGGED FO'......EXCESSIVE CELEBRATION......AN' AH'LL BLAME IT...ON YER HANGOVERAH........BROCCO!

.......WHEN HENS COME UPON....FORK IN DUH ROAD.......WE'RE FORKED........xembarrassedx........AWQ!

Gil Dobie
December 19th, 2016, 07:55 AM
Those ratios aren't accurate either because not all the people going to the Rose Bowl or Bryant-Denny are from Iowa/ Alabama.

I'd be willing to bet a pretty good sized chunk of NDSU's crowd last year wasn't from North Dakota.

Probably a good chunk from Minnesota. I'm a season ticket holder and live in Minnesota. :)
People in front of me are also season ticket holders from Minnesota.

mamberso
December 19th, 2016, 08:51 AM
Well maybe since all of the jerks wear red I hope we dont see you in Jville anytime soon. You must be the biggest jerk around if you feel all JSU fans are jerks.

Read what I posted. Where did I say or even imply all of the JSU fans in Frisco were jerks? 99% of the people I encountered throughout the weekend were great. The only ones that weren't were JSU fans.

CHIP72
December 19th, 2016, 09:23 AM
xflaggedx.......HE'S....(johnwarner).....NOT TALKIN' DIS SEASON........IN 2012........INDIANA STATE.....SOMEHOW....BEAT DUH BIZONSSSS..........NORFF DAKOTOAH STATE....DEN WENT ON....UH 33 GAME RAMPAGE....DAT ENDED ...IN 2014....WHEN UNI....AVENGED DUH 2013.......BIZONSSS W.......YER FLAGGED FO'......EXCESSIVE CELEBRATION......AN' AH'LL BLAME IT...ON YER HANGOVERAH........BROCCO!

.......WHEN HENS COME UPON....FORK IN DUH ROAD.......WE'RE FORKED........xembarrassedx........AWQ!

I thought when hens came upon the fork in the road, they eventually ended up on MY fork and dinner plate. xlolx

MR. CHICKEN
December 19th, 2016, 10:35 AM
.....HENCE...WE'RE FORKED..................WON'T HAVE DUH ELEVEN PIECE BUCKET.......TA ENJOY....MUCH LONGER..........BROCCO!

Preferred Walk-On
December 19th, 2016, 11:24 AM

Of course they're not accurate...they're estimates.

Please (re-)read last sentence under "2016 FCS National Championship" section. Appreciate(d) and acknowledge(d) your sentiment, and I thank you for reading and responding.

Besides, I like your argument even better than mine. The fact that a small school from a state with nothing to do can actually have a following that strong from out-of-state is even better, and compares better to the big-boys, like you have stated above. Whichever argument you prefer is fine with me.

BadlandsGrizFan
December 19th, 2016, 01:00 PM

You're an idiot and butthurt....

The things you're reffering to like bars and restaurants accomodating Bizon fans is because Bizon alumn set those parties up. Maher Mayor Maso is one of the highest regarded mayors in the southwest, I also have worked with him, you couldnt find a more gracious, kind person.

You're upset that your college resides in a state that they play big boy football and nobody pays attention to poor Jacksonville State.

I cant beleive a host community would like a school that comes down annually and pumps millions into the economy??? soooo weird.

How bout you guys make it 5 years in a row and I would be willing to bet Frisco will show you the love...

Do you hear how butthurt and far fetched the things you're saying sound?

Bison56
December 19th, 2016, 01:02 PM
You're an idiot and butthurt....

The things you're reffering to like bars and restaurants accomodating Bizon fans is because Bizon alumn set those parties up. Maher Mayor Maso is one of the highest regarded mayors in the southwest, I also have worked with him, you couldnt find a more gracious, kind person.

You're upset that your college resides in a state that they play big boy football and nobody pays attention to poor Jacksonville State.

I cant beleive a host community would like a school that comes down annually and pumps millions into the economy??? soooo weird.

How bout you guys make it 5 years in a row and I would be willing to bet Frisco will show you the love...

Do you hear how butthurt and far fetched the things you're saying sound?

Its like talking to the wall with this guy, he spreads that nonsense on every board on the internet.

Sammy94
December 19th, 2016, 01:11 PM
You are usually treated the way you act. Walk in with an attitude like the first two jackwagon JSU fans I met and I can see why they wanted nothing to do with you.

Its only as much fun as you put in to it. Just saying.

You should go to Jacksonville for a game, sounds like their experience in Frisco should have made JSU fans feel like home.

cx500d
December 19th, 2016, 03:59 PM
And there it is...There were expecting service better than they get at home, but they probably treat the locals there like $**t and did the same in Frisco/Plano expecting a different outcome. The places in Frisco and Plano are always busy; they don't need the FCS to make $. However when visitors come in droves (year after year) and treat them right, they get treated right in return.

You should go to Jacksonville for a game, sounds like their experience in Frisco should have made JSU fans feel like home.

Bison56
December 19th, 2016, 04:17 PM
Not all but most of the fans act just like the players for JSU, pure trash.

johnwarner
December 20th, 2016, 05:04 AM
hello

regards
john warner
------------------------

CockyGeek
December 21st, 2016, 10:16 PM
Not all but most of the fans act just like the players for JSU, pure trash.
Yeah... No. 99.9% of fans are normal people just like every other fan base, except Tennessee.

Cocky
December 22nd, 2016, 02:31 PM
Glad you enjoyed the JSU people. I know I didn't get to meet you because all the NDSU fan I meet were alright folks, no butt hurt.

Cocky
December 22nd, 2016, 02:44 PM
Make sure I'm getting this right.
I'm pissed at Frisco because Alabama has FBS football teams?
Teams shouldn't be welcomed in Frisco until their fifth annual visit?
And I'm the idiot?
Did not have a good experience in Frisco. Just like 56 didn't enjoy JSU fans. You don't care for Alabama or me. Doesn't really mean anyone is butt hurt or an idiot. Sorry I hurt your and 56s feelings.

Cocky
December 22nd, 2016, 03:05 PM
So your trip to Jacksonville made you feel at home?
It's ok for you to say your trip sucked but I shouldn't tell of my experience.

ursus arctos horribilis
December 22nd, 2016, 03:09 PM
------------------------

Advertise with a link again and it will be the last one.

BisonTru
December 22nd, 2016, 03:14 PM
https://scontent.ffar1-1.fna.fbcdn.net/v/t1.0-9/1558383_948053828603817_5973821242601037629_n.jpg? oh=946589b0aa0a7c8d454fa540039ae37d&oe=58E2978A

I have no idea why Cocky is upset. :D

dewey
December 22nd, 2016, 09:59 PM
https://scontent.ffar1-1.fna.fbcdn.net/v/t1.0-9/1558383_948053828603817_5973821242601037629_n.jpg? oh=946589b0aa0a7c8d454fa540039ae37d&oe=58E2978A

I have no idea why Cocky is upset. :D

Boy are they going to be confused when YSU and JMU fans show up.

Awesome that the FCS Championship game weekend is know as NDSU weekend.

Dewey