PDA

View Full Version : Congratulations to NDSU on a historic run

cmaxwellgsu
December 16th, 2016, 09:18 PM
Just wanted to log in and salute the Bison for their 5 year title run. I don't ever see this matched in Division 1 football for any of our lives.

RootinFerDukes
December 16th, 2016, 09:22 PM
I thought of making a thread like this but there's no point in multiples.

I just want to congratulate North Dakota State on their historic run of championships. There is nothing to hang your head about. You all are the gold standard in FCS.

We had to fight and scratch and claw out this win and your fan base brought the energy and were nothing short of hospitable to our fans. I wish you all luck and I hope to see you all again in the future.

Let's get a home and home going.

BEAR
December 16th, 2016, 09:24 PM
OMG......xlolx

jmuwishyouhadadukedog
December 16th, 2016, 09:24 PM
I thought of making a thread like this but there's no point in multiples.

I just want to congratulation North Dakota State on their historic run of championships. There is nothing to hang your head about. You all are the gold standard in FCS.

We had to fight and scratch and claw out this win and your fan base brought the energy and were nothing short of hospitable to our fans. I wish you all luck and I hope to see you all again in the future.

Let's get a home and home going.

Agreed all around. I'd love to host the Bison in Harrisonburg.

BigHouseClosedEnd
December 16th, 2016, 09:37 PM
Agreed. Congrats Bison but please work on all those crying fans shown on tv. Stiff upper lip, people.

FCS_pwns_FBS
December 16th, 2016, 09:41 PM
Agreed. Congrats Bison but please work on all those crying fans shown on tv. Stiff upper lip, people.

We lost a playoff game after winning 11 straight, and it hurt.

I can't imagine what I must be like to lose one after 22 (?) straight.

Gil Dobie
December 16th, 2016, 10:01 PM
We lost a playoff game after winning 11 straight, and it hurt.

I can't imagine what I must be like to lose one after 22 (?) straight.

Just another day in paradise ;)

BearKatProud
December 16th, 2016, 10:11 PM
The Bison team and their fans are the gold standard of the FCS. Big hats off to James Madison but I wanted to take a moment to salute the Bison nation for an incredible run and representing FCS so well on a big stage.

TheRevSFA
December 16th, 2016, 10:14 PM
Send NDSU to Holiday Bowl

ursus arctos horribilis
December 16th, 2016, 10:23 PM
We have all witnessed something that is unlikely to ever happen again. I know it's been said a few times here but man, think about how truly difficult it is to make it to the top of the mountain one time.

How tough it is to go back to back with even nearly the same team in those two years.

Three, nearly impossible right?

Jesus Christ man, four? Are you kidding me?

Five? You are just being an asshole even thinking this is possible.

And then:
& 2015 happen. At that point, you just can't believe there will ever be another FCS Champion.

I tip my cap because we passed unbelievable a couple years back.

Gangtackle11
December 16th, 2016, 10:26 PM
Congrats to JMU for repping the CAA & quite honestly all of the FCS outside of Fargo.

Congrats to a great 5-time champion. NDSU had a great run.

MontanaVandal
December 16th, 2016, 10:29 PM
http://www.anygivensaturday.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=24211&stc=1

Bisonoline
December 17th, 2016, 12:24 AM
We have all witnessed something that is unlikely to ever happen again. I know it's been said a few times here but man, think about how truly difficult it is to make it to the top of the mountain one time.

How tough it is to go back to back with even nearly the same team in those two years.

And then:
& 2015 happen. At that point, you just can't believe there will ever be another FCS Champion.

We caught lightening in a bottle. I cant begin to tell all of you what a great time its been. Ive traveled all over for the away games and have met an incredible amount of great fans from opposing schools. With out you fans this ride wouldnt have been nearly as memorable.
This may sound strange but I am not upset we lost tonight. It was a great football game where both teams left everything on the field and showed great sportsmanship after. Its what college football is all about.

Bison Fan in NW MN
December 17th, 2016, 07:14 AM
We caught lightening in a bottle. I cant begin to tell all of you what a great time its been. Ive traveled all over for the away games and have met an incredible amount of great fans from opposing schools. With out you fans this ride wouldnt have been nearly as memorable.
This may sound strange but I am not upset we lost tonight. It was a great football game where both teams left everything on the field and showed great sportsmanship after. Its what college football is all about.

Agree. Losing stinks but it was a great game. Cannot be disappointed in the effort. JMU came in and won the game and hats off to them.

The Bison will be very good next season and I'm sure I'll see you at some road games...xthumbsupx

maristdb89
December 17th, 2016, 08:25 AM
Congrats to the Bison for a solid season and a great run. Historic.

Christiank22
December 17th, 2016, 08:26 AM
I feel relieved. I would have much rather won but with the stress of having to win off of our shoulders I think this young squad will come back better than before.
I thought I would be devastated after the streak ended but NDSU has came into the FCS and became arguably the greatest program in its history. I can live with that as a fan and as of yesterday a new alumni.

Congrats JMU.....

Go EWU :)

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

ursus arctos horribilis
December 17th, 2016, 12:25 PM

It actually doesn't sound weird. At some point you don't want to feel like things are a forgone conclusion and it gives a chance for a rebirth in excitement levels a bit.

BisonHype!
December 17th, 2016, 12:34 PM

And then:

Cheers Ursus! Hope to be back in the conversation next year!

POD Knows
December 17th, 2016, 12:37 PM
It actually doesn't sound weird. At some point you don't want to feel like things are a forgone conclusion and it gives a chance for a rebirth in excitement levels a bit.

I agree with this, I am totally jazzed for next year, I wasn't getting bored with the run but this will be something different. The emotion next year will be different and more intense I think. Looking forward to the EWU game at Cheney but I think I will stay in Coeur d'Alene.

UNH Fanboi
December 17th, 2016, 01:08 PM
Yes, congrats to NDSU. And I'm glad that the run ended when they were still a great team but just got beat by another great team. Would have been anti-climatic if they went 8-4 and lost in the first round or something. Always fun to see a giant get slain.

Mountaineer
December 17th, 2016, 01:33 PM
Congrats guys on a hell of a run. Five in a row is impressive! Imagine y'all will be back in the thick of it next year. That said, looking forward to seeing a new champ this year. xthumbsupx

CommishBigSmooth
December 17th, 2016, 06:29 PM
I feel relieved. I would have much rather won but with the stress of having to win off of our shoulders I think this young squad will come back better than before.
I thought I would be devastated after the streak ended but NDSU has came into the FCS and became arguably the greatest program in its history. I can live with that as a fan and as of yesterday a new alumni.

Congrats JMU.....

Go EWU :)

Congrats on graduation, Christian....welcome to the alumni club :)

What NDSU did is unprecedented and it was a blast to watch it. Interesting to see them come back next year and how they respond to not being at the top of the mountain. Bet that will motivate them a bit while Kramer is putting them through the ringer again....

Christiank22
December 17th, 2016, 06:30 PM
Congrats on graduation, Christian....welcome to the alumni club :)
Thanks my man!

Hood
December 17th, 2016, 07:01 PM
Respect to the Bison.

IBleedYellow
December 17th, 2016, 09:06 PM
I reiterate what Boline said.

I'm not even mad or sad we lost...More relieved. It sounds lame but as fans we feel we have a lot of heart with the team, and that streak hung over the entire program.

Time to refocus, and come back next year and try to do it all again.

December 17th, 2016, 09:07 PM
Just wanted to log in and salute the Bison for their 5 year title run. I don't ever see this matched in Division 1 football for any of our lives.
I don't know I was planning on living to 400.

ysubigred
December 17th, 2016, 10:10 PM
I don't think there will ever be another run like the Bison made ever again. Best teams ever assembled in a long run PERIOD!!