PDA

View Full Version : ISUb HC Mike Sanford to Western Kentucky to coach on son's staff?

Sycamore62
December 15th, 2016, 02:15 PM
This one actually surprises me.

http://footballscoop.com/news/sources-mike-sanford-sr-join-sons-staff-western-kentucky/

ysubigred
December 15th, 2016, 02:19 PM
This one actually surprises me.

http://footballscoop.com/news/sources-mike-sanford-sr-join-sons-staff-western-kentucky/

Seen that last night on the news? He got a speeding tix on his way down to Bowling Green xthumbsupx

Sycamore62
December 15th, 2016, 02:21 PM
Seen that last night on the news? He got a speeding tix on his way down to Bowling Green xthumbsupx

Mike Jr got the speeding ticket. he was the OC at Notre Dame. Dad's news is pretty fresh

ysubigred
December 15th, 2016, 02:32 PM
Mike Jr got the speeding ticket. he was the OC at Notre Dame. Dad's news is pretty fresh

Yup 5 over southern Indiana somewhere before the KY border.

Sycamore62
December 15th, 2016, 02:43 PM
still just rumors so far.

Sycamore62
December 15th, 2016, 03:28 PM
.....AND it's official

IndyTreeFan
December 15th, 2016, 03:31 PM
This job will be a hard sell for Clinkscales. Salary is competitive, but commitment is not. I hope we can get someone good.

Sycamore62
December 15th, 2016, 04:52 PM
And now its back to speculation

TTUEagles
December 15th, 2016, 05:25 PM
Not that familiar with the situations, and probably should just Google it, but isn't the former successful IN State coach, Trent Miles (?) now available? Would he return?
I apologize if I'm getting things wrong, here.

Sycamore62
December 15th, 2016, 05:41 PM
Not that familiar with the situations, and probably should just Google it, but isn't the former successful IN State coach, Trent Miles (?) now available? Would he return?
I apologize if I'm getting things wrong, here.
You are correct. Not sure if it would be a good move for either party. At this point sanford texted a news outlet that it was all speculation and that he hasnt accepted the job. I think that is usually the text before you take the job.

FUBeAR
December 15th, 2016, 07:05 PM
.....AND it's official

OH NO! The Horror!! This is a DEATH-BLOW for the MVFC. I'm not sure the conference will ever be able to recover from...

...sorry, I started channeling my inner Thumper 76 for a second there. ;)

...the CAA just got a bunch better by getting a good coach to resuscitate UD and a good coach to keep UR on track while the SoCon just got worse bye losing a coach...

Thumper 76
December 15th, 2016, 07:18 PM
OH NO! The Horror!! This is a DEATH-BLOW for the MVFC. I'm not sure the conference will ever be able to recover from...

...sorry, I started channeling my inner Thumper 76 for a second there. ;)

Yeah, totally similar situations. Jesus your a ****ing idiot.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

FUBeAR
December 15th, 2016, 07:27 PM
your a ****ing idiot.

...like I said...

...channeling my inner Thumper 76

Thumper 76
December 15th, 2016, 07:30 PM
...like I said...

Enlighten me how I'm wrong. A historically middling program loses its coach that brought them to prominence. At the moment that weakens the SoCon. Even if Mercer and Furman pick it up, you're still down a good team. Now if they get a Chadwell or something then it changes it. You are quite literally the biggest bitch on this board.

FUBeAR
December 15th, 2016, 07:54 PM
Enlighten me how I'm wrong. A historically middling program loses its coach that brought them to prominence. At the moment that weakens the SoCon. Even if Mercer and Furman pick it up, you're still down a good team. Now if they get a Chadwell or something then it changes it. You are quite literally the biggest bitch on this board.

The whole premise of posting that the SoCon (or ANY Conference) is worse because 1 (of 9, in this case) Coach left a SoCon Team less than 24 hours ago is absolutely ludicrous. It's akin to saying the game is over because your team won/lost the coin toss. Or, maybe, saying that SDSU would be no better than the 2nd or 3rd place team in the PFL in 2016 after the Jackrabbits lost to Cal-Poly in September.

For all either of us know, Chatt may reanimate St. Vincent Lombardi or Nick Saban may want to get back to a more pure brand of Football next year and Chatt is not that much further from his lake house than Tuscaloosa is.

Chatt lost an excellent Football Coach, yes, but that Coach established a successful program that certainly can (and I think, will) be sustained, or even improved, by their next Head Coach.

It's really that simple. If you can't see that your "SoCon got worse" post was absurdly premature and madly speculative, I could reel off about 20 different pejoratives in your direction, but that seems to be your area of expertise, so I'll cede that realm to you.

Thumper 76
December 15th, 2016, 08:17 PM
The whole premise of posting that the SoCon (or ANY Conference) is worse because 1 (of 9, in this case) Coach left a SoCon Team less than 24 hours ago is absolutely ludicrous. It's akin to saying the game is over because your team won/lost the coin toss. Or, maybe, saying that SDSU would be no better than the 2nd or 3rd place team in the PFL in 2016 after the Jackrabbits lost to Cal-Poly in September.

For all either of us know, Chatt may reanimate St. Vincent Lombardi or Nick Saban may want to get back to a more pure brand of Football next year and Chatt is not that much further from his lake house than Tuscaloosa is.

Chatt lost an excellent Football Coach, yes, but that Coach established a successful program that certainly can (and I think, will) be sustained, or even improved, by their next Head Coach.

It's really that simple. If you can't see that your "SoCon got worse" post was absurdly premature and madly speculative, I could reel off about 20 different pejoratives in your direction, but that seems to be your area of expertise, so I'll cede that realm to you.

No, it's not, in any fashion. IMO what makes a good program is mostly due to the coaching. The B1G is a great example. All it took was two good coaches, then all of a sudden the entire conference started to get better. Do you think it stays the same if the khakis leave? Absolutely not. The talent in coaching switched from the sec to the B1G. 1/9 is a pretty big chunk, especially when it's from what has been the number one or two program over the last four years from the SoCon. You don't just replace those guys with a finger snap usually. Ask Montana, Delaware, and YSU how easy it is to have one bad hire drop a program. If anything it's more premature to say that they likely get another great one to replace the caliber of coach they lost. If there were that many of them out there they wouldn't make the money they do.

FUBeAR
December 15th, 2016, 09:15 PM
1/9 is a pretty big chunk, especially when it's from what has been the number one or two program over the last four years from the SoCon. You don't just replace those guys with a finger snap usually.

Last one & I'm done...

Just for the sake of accuracy, Chatt was the #3 Team in the SoCon this year....but more importantly....

"You just don't replace those guys..." - As I previously posted...the SoCon has, in recent years, lost ENTIRE TEAMS - Teams with 9 National Championships! That's just a wee bit more impactful than losing 1 Coach and the SoCon rebounded in the 3rd Season following those departures to be the 2nd Strongest FCS Conference with Mercer, Samford, ETSU, VMI, and, most notably, Wofford, making solid improvement in 2016.

Great Coach, who I really respect, but his departure in terms of impact to the strength of the SoCon is a mere blip on the radar and your "SoCon got worse" post seems to me to be a 'tempest in a teapot.'

SoCon will be even stronger in 2017. #2 in 2016...aiming for #1 next Fall.

Thumper 76
December 15th, 2016, 09:16 PM
Last one & I'm done...

Just for the sake of accuracy, Chatt was the #3 Team in the SoCon this year....but more importantly....

"You just don't replace those guys..." - As I previously posted...the SoCon has, in recent years, lost ENTIRE TEAMS - Teams with 9 National Champions! That's just a wee bit more impactful than losing 1 Coach and the SoCon rebounded in the 3rd Season following those departures to be the 2nd Strongest FCS Conference with Mercer, Samford, ETSU, VMI, and, most notably, Wofford, making solid improvement in 2016.

Great Coach, who I really respect, but his departure in terms of impact to the strength of the SoCon is a mere blip on the radar and your "SoCon got worse" post seems to me to be a 'tempest in a teapot.'

SoCon will be even stronger in 2017. #2 in 2016...aiming for #1 next Fall.

You can tell by all their teams in the semi finals.....

citdog
December 15th, 2016, 09:29 PM
Thumper the point being made is that the SoCon has experienced many more great losses since SOME of us joined it in 1936 than Russ Huesman leaving. I have great respect for Coach but that is a fact.

Doesn't Kentucky have nepotism laws? Never mind they are all cousins.

IndyTreeFan
December 16th, 2016, 04:27 PM
Diverting back to the original point, it is now official, Mike Sanford, Sr, has resigned at Indiana State. Search for a successor is on. Big test for our new AD. How good of a salesman is he?

Bisonwinagn
December 16th, 2016, 04:30 PM
Diverting back to the original point, it is now official, Mike Sanford, Sr, has resigned at Indiana State. Search for a successor is on. Big test for our new AD. How good of a salesman is he?

If no ill feelings I would bring back the last coach who built the program is now looking for a job.

Sycamore62
December 16th, 2016, 04:37 PM
If no ill feelings I would bring back the last coach who built the program is now looking for a job.I dont know how I feel about that. our new AD was last at NC St and this happened today so....

http://www.si.com/college-football/2...ngs-head-coach (http://www.si.com/college-football/2016/12/15/furman-nc-state-desmond-kitchings-head-coach)