PDA

View Full Version : Long(o) gone.

clenz
December 15th, 2016, 11:47 AM
Gone to Ole Miss per reports to football scoop

http://footballscoop.com/news/sources-ole-miss-hire-phil-longo-wes-mcgriff-new-coordinators/

Thunderstruck
December 15th, 2016, 11:50 AM
http://www.foxsports.com/college-football/story/ole-miss-snags-phil-longo-offensive-coordinator-121516

Sammy94
December 15th, 2016, 11:55 AM
Knew this was coming, so did KC. Look for this guy to take over.....

http://www.gobearkats.com/ViewArticle.dbml?DB_OEM_ID=19900&ATCLID=210762823

ursus arctos horribilis
December 15th, 2016, 12:19 PM

Wow, that seems like a very young OC.

BEAR
December 15th, 2016, 12:24 PM
Keeler's next....

Nickels
December 15th, 2016, 12:25 PM
His offense hasn't scored more than 10 points in the last 3 playoff beat downs. I'm sure Alabama is shaking in their boots.

Nickels
December 15th, 2016, 12:27 PM
Keeler's next....
I think the team's last performance may have ruined his chances this year.

DirtyDukes
December 15th, 2016, 12:30 PM
At least you guys play in the SLC you'll probably go undefeated next year and complain when you aren't seeded

BEAR
December 15th, 2016, 12:31 PM
I think the team's last performance may have ruined his chances this year.

Maybe so..but ONE bad game doesn't discount an entire season. I thought he'd go to Temple for sure...but I guess not.

Nickels
December 15th, 2016, 12:31 PM
At least you guys play in the SLC you'll probably go undefeated next year and complain when you aren't seeded

Still bitter? I take it you never got that hug...

Nickels
December 15th, 2016, 12:33 PM
Maybe so..but ONE bad game doesn't discount an entire season. I thought he'd go to Temple for sure...but I guess not.

One bad game won't but an absolute putrid **** fest might.

BEAR
December 15th, 2016, 12:34 PM
Wow. It only took 8 posts to become smack....congrats...xrolleyesx

DirtyDukes
December 15th, 2016, 12:35 PM
Still bitter? I take it you never got that hug...

Why on earth would I be bitter? I wish we could play you guys every week. That was literally the most fun game ever.

Nickels
December 15th, 2016, 12:36 PM
Why on earth would I be bitter? I wish we could play you guys every week. That was literally the most fun game ever.

Because you're still acting like a butthurt homo.

DirtyDukes
December 15th, 2016, 12:38 PM
Because you're still acting like a butthurt homo.

What have I said or done that was a) butthurt or b) homo? I'm just pointing out to you how you guys will do great again in your conference. Didn't you guys schedule Trump U next year? Sarcastic Word? Central Texas Baptist State Community College?

Nickels
December 15th, 2016, 12:38 PM
Funniest part about this; Long will be making about 3 times as much as Keeler now. That's a hell of a pay bump.

Serpentor
December 15th, 2016, 12:40 PM
Wow. It only took 8 posts to become smack....congrats...xrolleyesx

DirtyDukes never met a thread he didn't like to derail.

ysubigred
December 15th, 2016, 12:44 PM
What have I said or done that was a) butthurt or b) homo? I'm just pointing out to you how you guys will do great again in your conference. Didn't you guys schedule Trump U next year? Sarcastic Word? Central Texas Baptist State Community College?

The Blind Center and Jerry's Kids U :D

Serpentor
December 15th, 2016, 12:47 PM
The Blind Center and Jerry's Kids U :D

Nope, sorry, we couldn't get Rutgers and Penn State on the schedule for this year.

Sammy94
December 15th, 2016, 01:07 PM

Pretty much with the CAA coming to town.

Bison56
December 15th, 2016, 01:31 PM
Nope, sorry, we couldn't get Rutgers and Penn State on the schedule for this year.

http://i.imgur.com/ywQ8lmp.gif (http://imgur.com/gallery/ywQ8lmp)

mcveyrl
December 15th, 2016, 01:45 PM
http://i.imgur.com/ywQ8lmp.gif (http://imgur.com/gallery/ywQ8lmp)

^^this on the "Jerry's Kids". That's quality work.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

TheEagleSHSU
December 15th, 2016, 01:55 PM

He won't be taking over. Bank on it!

ysubigred
December 15th, 2016, 02:10 PM

^^^ This is classic thanks xbowx

caribbeanhen
December 15th, 2016, 02:47 PM
KC should be really nervous .... how will he upgrade the D?

jsnow84
December 15th, 2016, 02:50 PM
Longo getting 500+ yards a game is not a big deal considering their opponents. I think we saw the real SHSU last week. Not very good.

Lehigh Football Nation
December 15th, 2016, 03:22 PM
The term "selling high" seems to apply here

Sammy94
December 15th, 2016, 03:24 PM
KC should be really nervous .... how will he upgrade the D?

He just did.

Daytripper
December 15th, 2016, 03:37 PM
He just did.

Nailed it!

BEAR
December 15th, 2016, 04:31 PM
Nailed it!

+2 Exactly.

caribbeanhen
December 15th, 2016, 07:02 PM
He just did.

why? more schollies for some Defense now? please spill the knowledge

Sammy94
December 15th, 2016, 10:54 PM
why? more schollies for some Defense now? please spill the knowledge

when your defense is on the field 3/4 of a game because your offense either scores in 3 plays or goes 3 and out it starts to wear your defense out. Longo got very pass happy later on in the season to help "his" QB stats to improve his resume. This move is just what our defense needed, not to say it does need to vastly improve but Longo moving on does help.

caribbeanhen
December 16th, 2016, 02:49 AM
when your defense is on the field 3/4 of a game because your offense either scores in 3 plays or goes 3 and out it starts to wear your defense out. Longo got very pass happy later on in the season to help "his" QB stats to improve his resume. This move is just what our defense needed, not to say it does need to vastly improve but Longo moving on does help.

I see, interesting slant.... the Southland needs to pick it up big time or your probably going to meet the same fate every year unless you can start getting some of big time talent on the Defensive side of the ball..... you guys are going to be known as the Buffalo Bills of FCS ... Close but no Cigar

clenz
December 16th, 2016, 07:01 AM
Interesting.

UNI has had the problem of the offense not sustaining drives for about 7 years now. Yet the UNI defense is almost always at/near the top of the MVFC and the FCS for defensive stats and is widely thought to be one of the top 3-5 defenses in the nation on a yearly basis.

I'd say your defense is just flat out bad. Gave up 31 to Lamar, 48 to Incarnate Word, 43 to McNeese. Hell, Oklahoma Panhandle State University - a D2 that finished 2-9 - scored 21 on a team that your fan base (and many others) tried to promote as the best team in the nation. That same Oklahoma Panhandle State University team scored more than 21 just 4 times all season...against D2 competition. Don't give me the bull **** of "starters were pulled so that's when they scored. That simply isn't true. Outside of OPSU's game against another 2-9 D2 team they averaged 18 points per game.

SHSU gave up more points to OPSU than their season average against D2 teams.

As far as getting more pass happy as the season went on? SHSU threw the ball 50 times against OPSU in week 1

Passes by week

Seems like SHSU passed less as the season wore on, if anything, until JMU.

As far as TOP? Sure SHSU didn't hold the ball as much as teams like NDSU, SDSU, etc... They still held the ball for 27 minutes per game. Maybe it was SHSU's defense not being able to get off the field. As many plays as SHSU ran, their defense faced more plays than their offense ran. They faced 1,051 plays on the season. They gave up 445 yards per game. They gave up 6 yards per play.

That isn't just a tired defense. That's a horrid defense. That's Southern Illinois level defense. SIU's defense the last 3 or 4 years are the worst defenses I've ever seen. They also brag about how many yards they gain. How many points they can score. They also give up about 450-500 yards per game and 30-40 points per game.

SHSU is SIU. SIU is one of the two worst MVFC teams

Sammy94
December 16th, 2016, 07:14 AM
I am not saying our defense doesn't need help because it does, I am stating Longo moving on helps. If you look at those games you mentioned more closely, most points they scored were in the second half. When your D is on the field most of the game, they start to tire well unless they play in the MVFC.

clenz
December 16th, 2016, 07:45 AM
I am not saying our defense doesn't need help because it does, I am stating Longo moving on helps. If you look at those games you mentioned more closely, most points they scored were in the second half. When your D is on the field most of the game, they start to tire well unless they play in the MVFC.
I looked at the games....OKPSU scored twice in the first quarter.

Briscoe threw about 40 times.

BisonTru
December 16th, 2016, 08:48 AM

I agree with this. Teams that run these high tempo, spread offense almost always have statistically poor defenses. What's interesting is the OC's get promoted or swiped away because they are putting up big numbers. Yet, the style leaves their defense out to dry.

SIU is a perfect example. Lennon was a defensive minded coach. He eventually gave in and adopted the quick, spread stuff that Hill is running. He got fired, and Hill got his job after putting up big numbers on offense. Now they are in the same boat. Great offense, horrible defense.

BTW, you can win with that style. EWU is a great example, but you better score because your defense isn't put into a position to succeed all day.

Execute008
December 17th, 2016, 09:43 AM
Gone to Ole Miss per reports to football scoop

http://footballscoop.com/news/sources-ole-miss-hire-phil-longo-wes-mcgriff-new-coordinators/

Well it will be a nice pay increase but if JMU shutdown they offense i hope he makes better adjustments because the talent level is about to pick up.

TrueBlueHen
December 17th, 2016, 10:23 AM

F YOU DirtyDicks! Sammy's All-American American QB was hurt - I hope you MFers LOSE on 1/7/17 in Frisco!

BTW - We will OWN in in 2018 & beyond! #GoHens

TheRevSFA
December 17th, 2016, 11:38 AM
F YOU DirtyDicks! Sammy's All-American American QB was hurt - I hope you MFers LOSE on 1/7/17 in Frisco!

BTW - We will OWN in in 2018 & beyond! #GoHens

Settle down

Katfan
December 17th, 2016, 01:25 PM
I looked at the games....OKPSU scored twice in the first quarter.

Briscoe threw about 40 times.
One was special teams.