PDA

View Full Version : Semifinals: Youngstown State @ Eastern Washington

Pages : [1] 2

Red & Black
December 10th, 2016, 06:36 PM
Didn't see a thread yet.

Bison Fan in NW MN
December 10th, 2016, 06:48 PM
YSU has the defense to slow down EWU. Will it be enough?

I'll go with the fellow Valley team. Hope to see an all Valley title game.

Screamin_Eagle174
December 10th, 2016, 06:56 PM
If the game is on Friday, high will be 10 degrees. If on Saturday, high of 4 degrees. Ball security will be paramount. Was a balmy 20 something degrees today, wasn't a problem for EWU, but definitely was for Richmond. One would think Penguins would be a little more used to the cold though.

penguinpower
December 10th, 2016, 07:05 PM
YSU can play in the cold. today it was 15 degrees. They are really beat up on defense and if they have a Friday game it will make it tougher. They should have been given a bye. the bye wouldn have been nice. the game was close and they couldnt rest the starters. not sure about this game

penguinpower
December 10th, 2016, 07:06 PM
but i do like our pass rush

citdog
December 10th, 2016, 07:52 PM
Is the President of youngstown allowed to be at the game or is the cheater still banned?

Southern Bison
December 10th, 2016, 07:53 PM
If the game is on Friday, high will be 10 degrees. If on Saturday, high of 4 degrees. Ball security will be paramount. Was a balmy 20 something degrees today, wasn't a problem for EWU, but definitely was for Richmond. One would think Penguins would be a little more used to the cold though.
Look who has shown up...

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

Bisonator
December 10th, 2016, 08:13 PM
Since I have EWU in the championship against NDSU I picked them in the poll. I like YSU's defense but still think EWU finds a way to outscore their offense.

dudeitsaid
December 10th, 2016, 08:22 PM
I would recommend that the YSU coaching staff just look at the defensive stats. Once again, I would like to emphasize, EWU is one of the worst statistical defenses in the FCS. Rocco mentioned when asked by our newspaper regarding our defense, he hadn't really watched film specifically on the defense, but looked at the stats. I think that is a really good strategy, Penguins. Please do the same.

I would also recommend doing something to stop Kupp...and Gubrud. So far, it seems teams have forgotten to gameplan for them. I think it would be worth a shot. :Dxnodxxlolx

Daved
December 10th, 2016, 08:22 PM
Is the President of youngstown allowed to be at the game or is the cheater still banned?He's been secretly buying YSU players performance enhancing tattoos--shh,keep it on the lo.

Rjones61
December 10th, 2016, 08:23 PM
There hasn't been a defense in the country able to hold EWU below 30 points. Youngstown won't be the first. The question is, how much can Youngstown put up?

kalm
December 10th, 2016, 08:25 PM
Goeags has it on Friday at 4:00 in the Richmond recap article. As SE pointed out, high of 13 Friday which should be around 2:00. It will be below 10 degrees at kickoff and dropping. Shouldn't matter though.

BisonHype!
December 10th, 2016, 08:27 PM
There hasn't been a defense in the country able to hold EWU below 30 points. Youngstown won't be the first. The question is, how much can Youngstown put up?

I can't see Youngstown beating EWU in the track meet that will be held in this game. 45-17 EWU wins in a blowout.

ValleyTalk
December 10th, 2016, 08:33 PM
Magic number is 24. No FCS team has scored more than 24 points on YSU this year. The only team to score more was a pretty darn good West Virginia squad. That's all I have on the game right now.... I need to enjoy this huge VICTORY tonight xthumbsupx

Rjones61
December 10th, 2016, 09:23 PM
Magic number is 24. No FCS team has scored more than 24 points on YSU this year. The only team to score more was a pretty darn good West Virginia squad. That's all I have on the game right now.... I need to enjoy this huge VICTORY tonight xthumbsupx

No team has scored more than 21 against North Dakota State.

Except EWU... they scored 44.

citdog
December 10th, 2016, 09:25 PM
Magic number is 24.

Is 24 the number of players being paid cash money by boosters?

penguinpower
December 10th, 2016, 09:29 PM

Are you ever going to stop with this? Broken record

citdog
December 10th, 2016, 09:31 PM
Are you ever going to stop with this? Broken record

NOPE. You cheated to win and then hired the cheater to be your president. ALL should be reminded of this FACT whenever the name of your cheating school is mentioned.

ValleyTalk
December 10th, 2016, 09:35 PM
NOPE. You cheated to win and then hired the cheater to be your president. ALL should be reminded of this FACT whenever the name of your cheating school is mentioned.
It's a shame your team lost last week and couldn't have a chance to play us... very sorry for your loss.

xrotatehxxrotatehxxrotatehx

citdog
December 10th, 2016, 09:39 PM
It's a shame your team lost last week and couldn't have a chance to play us... very sorry for your loss.

xrotatehxxrotatehxxrotatehx

Very sorry that you are affiliated with a school that had no problem cheating to win and then hired the guy who cheated to be the Pres of your school. EVERYONE notices that you don't deny being CHEATERS.

Screamin_Eagle174
December 10th, 2016, 09:48 PM
Jim Allen ‏@srjimallen (https://twitter.com/srjimallen) 7m7 minutes ago (https://twitter.com/srjimallen/status/807791876682051584) THIS JUST IN: @EWUFootball (https://twitter.com/EWUFootball) will host Youngstown St. in the FCS semifinals on Saturday 12/17 at 3:30 p.m.

ALPHAGRIZ1
December 10th, 2016, 10:09 PM

The loser thread is that way.............................------>

citdog
December 10th, 2016, 10:13 PM
The loser thread is that way.............................------>

Mike it still hurts that we lost to them 23 years later.

BisonFan02
December 10th, 2016, 10:15 PM

#neverforget

citdog
December 10th, 2016, 10:19 PM
#neverforget

#YEP!!

Bisonator
December 10th, 2016, 10:20 PM
Obviously. **** you haven't gotten over the war 150 years ago!xlolx

BisonFan02
December 10th, 2016, 10:22 PM
Obviously. **** you haven't gotten over the war 150 years ago!xlolx

Lincoln promised free tats or something like that.

ysubigred
December 10th, 2016, 10:30 PM

I thought 24 was the number of man lovers Jefferson Davis had xthumbsupx

ytownchief22
December 10th, 2016, 10:33 PM
Looking forward to this dandy of a matchup! Honestly, I didn't think this YSU team would be here in this position. Taking all this in stride and it's lovely! GO GUINS!

BisonHype!
December 10th, 2016, 10:39 PM
Looking forward to this dandy of a matchup! Honestly, I didn't think this YSU team would be here in this position. Taking all this in stride and it's lovely! GO GUINS!

SDSU wishes they were in your spot at the beginning of the bracket.

The Kicker
December 10th, 2016, 11:50 PM

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RkP_OGDCLY0

Schism55
December 11th, 2016, 03:36 AM
Lincoln promised free tats or something like that.
I believe it was free pubic combings for lice xeyebrowx

Houndawg
December 11th, 2016, 07:24 AM

That will change this week unless YSU has a massive TOP advantage and 300 yds rushing.

kalm
December 11th, 2016, 08:04 AM
No team has scored more than 21 against North Dakota State.

Except EWU... they scored 44.

YSU has a really great defesne however it's not bullet proof. EWU is going to throw the ball and here's how the 'guins fared against the one FBS and 4 FCS passing offenses in the top 50 they faced.

WVU passed for 389 yards and 5 touchdowns.

Held #48 Illinois State in to just 134 yards passing.

#33 Indiana State only had 148 passing.

#4 SIU with a QB making his second start put up 366 yards.

They held #11 SDSU's offense to just 356 yards including just 189 through the air.

Aside from passing offenses, only 3 MVFC teams finished the season ranked in the top 50 of total offense.

So the 'Guins have given up some yards at times, but have managed to keep the scoring low. Surprisingly though, YSU's redzone D is ranked 109th in FCS and they are only -1 in turnover margin so how are you guys getting it done on D?

YSU is ranked 7th in rushing offense and 22nd in total offense which could give EWU some problems. EWU's defense is less of a mystery in that while they're ranked 82nd overall and 82nd in rushing D, they are also 19th in redzone D and are plus 13 in turnover margin. Plus they've face 4 top 20 rushing teams, 6 in the top 50, 4 of the top 20 teams in total offense, and 9 out of the top 50. Exchange NDSU and UNI for Duquesne and RMU and the defensive stats come down for Eastern a bit.

I expect a close game with YSU holding Eastern to the low 30's. If Eastern's D plays well I like their chances but YSU has shown much more of an ability to put points on the board over the last 4 games.

penguinpower
December 11th, 2016, 08:05 AM
I am not going to give my on prognosis on this game. We are down to 4 teams and they are all excellent. YSU has been able to run on everyone and the qb plays is improving. They played a sloppy game, but found a way to overcome the mistakes. Up until yesterday's issues on special teams, YSU had been improving and playing the best ball of the year. I think that they have put the pieces together on offense. I think YSU has one of the finest defenses in the FCS. All I'm going to say about this game is that they certainly belong and they look nothing like the team that was playing in October. They look like they are playing for each other not as individuals, which has plagued the team when Wolford was the coach. Both fan bases best not get ahead of themselves, nothing is as good as it seems and nothing is as bad as it seems, it's somewhere in the middle. I expect a great game. Pelini is has also coached YSU pretty well and he has been putting the team in position to win.

penguinpower
December 11th, 2016, 08:09 AM
YSU has a really great defesne however it's not bullet proof. EWU is going to throw the ball and here's how the 'guins fared against the one FBS and 4 FCS passing offenses in the top 50 they faced.

They held #11 SDSU's offense to just 356 yards including just 189 through the air.

Aside from passing offenses, only 3 MVFC teams finished the season ranked in the top 50 of total offense.

So the 'Guins have given up some yards at times, but have managed to keep the scoring low. Surprisingly though, YSU's redzone D is ranked 109th in FCS and they are only -1 in turnover margin so how are you guys getting it done on D?

YSU is ranked 7th in rushing offense and 22nd in total offense which could give EWU some problems. EWU's defense is less of a mystery in that while they're ranked 82nd overall and 82nd in rushing D, they are also 19th in redzone D and are plus 13 in turnover margin. Plus they've face 4 top 20 rushing teams, 6 in the top 50, 4 of the top 20 teams in total offense, and 9 out of the top 50. Exchange NDSU and UNI for Duquesne and RMU and the defensive stats come down for Eastern a bit.

I expect a close game with YSU holding Eastern to the low 30's. If Eastern's D plays well I like their chances but YSU has shown much more of an ability to put points on the board over the last 4 games.

3rd downs and limiting people to field goals

kalm
December 11th, 2016, 08:34 AM
3rd downs and limiting people to field goals

Ahh, yes. 3rd down percentage will be a huge battle. EWU is #2 in conversion while YSU is solid at 22 against. Eastern on the other hand has had trouble getting teams off the field and is ranked 74th against, while YSU's offense is 8th.

ValleyTalk
December 11th, 2016, 10:22 AM
High will be 3 degrees Saturday, low -5. xcoffeex

Since both teams play in cold climates, I'm not sure this will favor one team over another. Should be a very entertaining game. Hopefully history repeats itself!!!

Professor Chaos
December 11th, 2016, 10:29 AM
This will be a very interesting matchup. YSU may be the best equipped FCS defense in the nation to matchup with EWU's offense. They've got game changers at both DE positions so they can get pressure with just the front four. They have a veteran team overall and CBs who are used to playing tight press coverage.

Having said that I don't think they've seen a receiving corps like EWU has outside of WVU who put up 34 points and 624 yards of offense.

Something has to give.

I'll be rooting for the Guins and the Bison to make it another all-MVFC final! But I think EWU wins this one.

Daved
December 11th, 2016, 11:01 AM
SDSU wishes they were in your spot at the beginning of the bracket.Most believed YSU would've been in the home watching the playoffs bracket after last seasons 5-6 record.

ytownchief22
December 11th, 2016, 11:46 AM
High will be 3 degrees Saturday, low -5. xcoffeex

Since both teams play in cold climates, I'm not sure this will favor one team over another. Should be a very entertaining game. Hopefully history repeats itself!!!

FOOTBALL WEATHER!

Houndawg
December 11th, 2016, 11:50 AM

Maybe you meant #44...:D

I've been thinking YSU is overrated based on their performance against SIU at home. They shut down our run and controlled the TOP, but so did everybody else. They ran all over us for 300 yards, a good day. but not exceptional against our defense. The surprise was our ability to throw, even though they knew we had to and their DL was much better than our OL. I don't see YSU being able to keep the game from turning into a track meet. If they can do that they can win the NC.

CockyGeek
December 11th, 2016, 12:06 PM
Homefield advantage should ve a factor here. I think EWU pulls away late.

Reign of Terrier
December 11th, 2016, 01:43 PM
low scoring game: advantage YSU

High scoring game: advantage EWU

YSU may have a great offense who has, as I said, turned the corner, but if I'm Pelini I slow down the game as much as I can. If you make it a track meet, that plays to EWU's strengths more than YSU

Daved
December 11th, 2016, 02:36 PM
If the rumor is true about some of YSU's starters not making the trip to EWU then I won't give YSU much of a chance in this one.xbawlingx

Thumper 76
December 11th, 2016, 03:45 PM
If the rumor is true about some of YSU's starters not making the trip to EWU then I won't give YSU much of a chance in this one.xbawlingx

Funny, SDSU had rumors like that leading into this weekend

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

TheKingpin28
December 11th, 2016, 03:50 PM
Funny, SDSU had rumors like that leading into this weekend

Yes, but it looked like your starters did not show up anyways. :D

BisonFan02
December 11th, 2016, 04:36 PM

https://m.popkey.co/e0fe05/6gVm_f-maxage-0.gif

Schism55
December 11th, 2016, 05:53 PM
That's cooooold barutha xlolx

SeattleGriz
December 11th, 2016, 06:06 PM
I agree. Cheating bastard got awarded for being a cheating bastard.

Thumper 76
December 11th, 2016, 06:21 PM

I would say it looked like the left after the 1st quarter. But close enough.

penguinpower
December 11th, 2016, 06:49 PM
Hearing 4 starters suspended for this game and won't be making the trip. Damn. WTF

TheKingpin28
December 11th, 2016, 07:02 PM
I would say it looked like the left after the 1st quarter. But close enough.

https://media.tenor.co/images/e268af2fbe68a64f94586539c57dba53/raw

xlolx

caribbeanhen
December 11th, 2016, 07:03 PM
YSU has the defense to slow down EWU. Will it be enough?

I'll go with the fellow Valley team. Hope to see an all Valley title game.

Oh boy, I'm sure the rest of FCS fans cant wait for that snoozer, ratings take a big hit

dudeitsaid
December 11th, 2016, 07:08 PM
Hearing 4 starters suspended for this game and won't be making the trip. Damn. WTF

EWU will not be lulled into complacency by "fake news."

Red & Black
December 11th, 2016, 07:12 PM

xlolx

ValleyTalk
December 11th, 2016, 07:33 PM

Naturally anything like this is concerning, but at this point in the year, we have depth at just about every spot on this team. With Ruiz out, we still have Webb and McCaster. Rumor is one other offensive player. We've had plenty of bodies on the OL and WR so that is not overly too concerning to me. On defense, the rumor is 2 more. The worry on defense would be our two DE's. Well one, Avery Moss, was a captain yesterday so if he were involved in whatever happened, I do not think Bo would have had him be a captain yesterday. On the other side of the DL, anyone who knows Derek Rivers would be shocked if he were involved in whatever rumored to have happened. He is one of the most active players in the FCA on campus and is a very well respected leader on this team.

Back to the game, this is certainly a very intriguing match-up. I do think YSU can have success running the ball, which will be paramount if they want any shot of winning this game. Running the ball successfully, coupled with eating up as much of the clock as possible, would be my guess at Montgomery's offensive game-plan for this year. In a game with temps near 0 degrees, if you can keep that EWU defense out there for long drives, you have a chance.

In the past two weeks, YSU went against Jacksonville State, who was the #3 rushing defense in the FCS going into that game giving up just 78.8 per game. YSU rushed for 205 that game. Yesterday, YSU went up against Wofford, who was the #6 rushing defense in the FCS going into that game giving up just 91.1 per contest. YSU rushed for 240 against Wofford. Eastern Washington is #82 in rush defense giving up 188.4 per game. So in that respect, there gives me hope YSU can continue to have success running the ball.

The 2 big questions if you are a YSU fan are 1) was yesterday's special teams nightmare a one-time hiccup at the worst time or something that could cost us this week against an EWU team that ate Richmond up on special teams. Coach Stoops will need to get this squad ready to go because if we lose special teams, I don't see us winning the game. The 2nd question is whether we can do anything to slow down EWU's offense which is the #3 offense in the FCS scoring 42.7 points per game. EWU put 41 up on NDSU!!! YSU has held all 13 FCS opponents this year under their scoring average. In addition, no FCS team has scored more than 24 points on YSU's defense.

EWU is definitely the favorite in this one at home. I would imagine the line will be 7+ points as well. However, if YSU can hold onto the ball and win special teams, they will have a chance.

Bison Fan in NW MN
December 11th, 2016, 08:54 PM
Oh boy, I'm sure the rest of FCS fans cant wait for that snoozer, ratings take a big hit

http://www.anygivensaturday.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=24139&stc=1

kalm
December 11th, 2016, 09:04 PM
The forecast keeps changing. 1st it was a high of 4 degrees and sunny. A couple of hours ago it was a high of 26 with snow coming in during the day. Now it's back to a high of 14 and sunny.

UNHWildcat18
December 11th, 2016, 09:14 PM

I agree if its NDSU vs YSU I won't even watch.

BisonTru
December 11th, 2016, 09:19 PM

Hard nosed defensive football. Damn, I'll take that any day vs. the up tempo blow the scoreboard up stuff.

Bison Fan in NW MN
December 11th, 2016, 09:29 PM

Good defense and smash mouth football versus video game offense.....easy decision for watching.

UNHWildcat18
December 11th, 2016, 09:44 PM
Good defense and smash mouth football versus video game offense.....easy decision for watching.

HOMERSSSS ALL OF YA. Really though I'd take a 35-31 game with espn top ten plays than a 17-10 "hard nose defense" game between two conference members. I love seeing good defensive plays but its a game of entertainment, some prefer yardage over stoppage.

dudeitsaid
December 11th, 2016, 09:53 PM
HOMERSSSS ALL OF YA. Really though I'd take a 35-31 game with espn top ten plays than a 17-10 "hard nose defense" game between two conference members. I love seeing good defensive plays but its a game of entertainment, some prefer yardage over stoppage.

All four teams have capable offenses, with the lowest rated scoring offense being being YSU, at 50th in the FCS. Both Wofford and Youngstown are not quick strike video game offenses, and both have solid defense, but the game yesterday still had some very exciting plays.

That being said, JMU vs EWU would be insane for the NC, and of course, NDSU and EWU already had a barnburner this season. The Eagles will try to do their part against a solid YSU team this Saturday.

Schwarz04
December 11th, 2016, 11:02 PM

I guess you can add me to the list of homers too. I too prefer watching the type of football that wins championships.

UNHWildcat18
December 12th, 2016, 03:00 AM
I guess you can add me to the list of homers too. I too prefer watching the type of football that wins championships.

lol such an NDSU fan response, yes NDSU's style of play has won them championships. Which for any NDSU fan is great. However I find their style of play rather boring to watch compared to other teams. I have no effing idea how fans of triple option teams can watch those games, barf!

VikingPSU
December 12th, 2016, 04:56 AM
Hard nosed defensive football. Damn, I'll take that any day vs. the up tempo blow the scoreboard up stuff.
That's right!xthumbsupx

VikingPSU
December 12th, 2016, 05:12 AM
What a whiny, bandwagon and FCS supposed fan

Ivytalk
December 12th, 2016, 05:25 AM
EWU by 10+.

caribbeanhen
December 12th, 2016, 05:43 AM

more like the high school team taking on the middle school, you boys know you are a Big 10 team on the field....

caribbeanhen
December 12th, 2016, 05:48 AM
http://www.anygivensaturday.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=24139&stc=1

haha, that's right anytime someone doesn't see things the frozen way they are a troll....not all FCS fans see it your way xcoffeex

http://csnbbs.com/thread-801912.html

"There was one sensible UD poster, Caribbean Hen, arguing with about 5 other idiots who don’t know jack squat about football..."

'

UNHWildcat18
December 12th, 2016, 07:00 AM
What a whiny, bandwagon and FCS supposed fan LOL who the **** are you? What a pathetic response, its actually nonsensical, by what grounds?

penguinpower
December 12th, 2016, 09:05 AM

Not a lie. All true. There are 5 now. We don't have a chance in hell.

kalm
December 12th, 2016, 09:13 AM
Just did a quick google search and saw nothing...

Schwarz04
December 12th, 2016, 09:15 AM
more like the high school team taking on the middle school, you boys know you are a Big 10 team on the field....

Whats your point? I think I've seen you make similar responses in the past that NDSU somehow has an unfair advantage. Last time I checked they were still FCS, having the same 63 scholarships to award as every other FCS team. Should other teams have a handicap when they play NDSU because they can't recruit and develop as well?

I think there are teams that are very capable of beating NDSU, EWU would be one of those teams.

Rjones61
December 12th, 2016, 09:30 AM

Interesting rumors for sure, but they hold no weight until there is an official source for this news. Hell, we don't even know what they did to get suspended.

BisonBacker
December 12th, 2016, 09:36 AM
lol such an NDSU fan response, yes NDSU's style of play has won them championships. Which for any NDSU fan is great. However I find their style of play rather boring to watch compared to other teams. I have no effing idea how fans of triple option teams can watch those games, barf!

Yeah watching teams win Championships is boring xlolx

Bison56
December 12th, 2016, 10:03 AM
LOL who the **** are you? What a pathetic response, its actually nonsensical, by what grounds?

http://4.bp.blogspot.com/_W8k_-zfUyVg/TBpm-n6VdKI/AAAAAAAACR8/jBccWcNzm9s/s1600/snob2.jpg (http://www.google.com/url?sa=i&rct=j&q=&esrc=s&source=images&cd=&cad=rja&uact=8&ved=0ahUKEwi2jdGjhO_QAhVXwGMKHfAIDD4QjRwIBw&url=http%3A%2F%2Fexperimentaltheology.blogspot.com %2F2010%2F06%2Fon-snobbery-and-simplicity.html&bvm=bv.141320020,d.cGw&psig=AFQjCNGU9T-Nh2RMCK4FWT69WU34s-QeVg&ust=1481645044764352)

ysubigred
December 12th, 2016, 10:33 AM

Next man up and we lived without 3 of the 5 most/part of the year anyhow. xthumbsupx

ValleyTalk
December 12th, 2016, 11:26 AM
I think you will walk this statement back in the coming days. I always caution people, whether if it's in sports or politics to be hesitant about posting what I call emotional responses. I'm a fan of you PenguinPower as you provide some great input, but I disagree wholeheartedly that we don't have a chance in hell as a result of this news.

dudeitsaid
December 12th, 2016, 12:09 PM
I think you will walk this statement back in the coming days. I always caution people, whether if it's in sports or politics to be hesitant about posting what I call emotional responses. I'm a fan of you PenguinPower as you provide some great input, but I disagree wholeheartedly that we don't have a chance in hell as a result of this news.

I agree with this. Great teams overcome adversity. And I don't think there is a team in the final four that hasn't faced their share. Depth is what gives teams an opportunity to make the kind of runs you guys, and the other three teams in the final four are. Heck, we've been down so many key players due to injury this season, and have played so many underclassmen, I would've thought we'd had struggled much more than we have. You guys will be a tough team, even if missing a couple of players. Your defense is your bread and butter in this one. Even if Ruiz is not going to play, Webb looked awesome against Wofford, and is obviously a very capable back based on his production in the valley this year.

I hope we key in on the run, as your QB looked pretty pedestrian, and it seems you guys haven't really settled in on a strong passing QB. Sounded like a QB carousel this year from what they said on the game sportscast. I think we should actually take the ball first if we can (we usually defer), and try to get you guys into catch up mode as soon as possible, because I think our best advantage is to get you guys out of the ball control game, and force you to pass the ball.

Red & Black
December 12th, 2016, 01:16 PM
What are the supposed suspensions over? I'll bet these guys play, unless it's a non-negotiable/NCAA related type thing.

penguinpower
December 12th, 2016, 01:27 PM
It's out now as breaking news on vindy.com.

penguinpower
December 12th, 2016, 01:28 PM
Cheech and chong

penguinpower
December 12th, 2016, 01:31 PM
Selfish stupid preventable

kalm
December 12th, 2016, 01:37 PM
It's out now as breaking news on vindy.com.

Not on the homepage and no hits on google from vindy.com - YSU football. Can you guys post a link?

Professor Chaos
December 12th, 2016, 01:52 PM
Not on the homepage and no hits on google from vindy.com - YSU football. Can you guys post a link?
Still in the "sources say" category: http://www.vindy.com/news/2016/dec/12/sources-some-ysu-football-players-face-suspension-/

penguinpower
December 12th, 2016, 02:14 PM
Still in the "sources say" category: http://www.vindy.com/news/2016/dec/12/sources-some-ysu-football-players-face-suspension-/
http://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20161212/8ce200c6172e552489e2af543e7eb877.jpg

Sent from my SM-G930T using Tapatalk

penguinpower
December 12th, 2016, 02:15 PM
http://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20161212/8ce200c6172e552489e2af543e7eb877.jpg

Looks like they took it down

UNHWildcat18
December 12th, 2016, 03:17 PM
Yeah watching teams win Championships is boring xlolx

Like watching the paint dry on their expanded trophy case!

Bison Fan in NW MN
December 12th, 2016, 03:47 PM
Like watching the paint dry on their expanded trophy case!

Hey cupcake, you still mad over UNHs pathetic showing in Fargo a few years ago?

UNHWildcat18
December 12th, 2016, 04:11 PM
Hey cupcake, you still mad over UNHs pathetic showing in Fargo a few years ago? That last comment was a compliment ya clown. I think everyone who's gotten blown out at the fargodome is still Irked when thinking about it. What REALLY hurt was the "cupcake" haha don't toss me in with the crying whiney spoiled bernie loving dopes I share a generational title with :(

Daved
December 12th, 2016, 05:18 PM
I agree. Cheating bastard got awarded for being a cheating bastard.Yep--probably the reason Montana has never beaten YSU--Montana is also one of the few teams that has a squeaky clean reputation--I tip my hat to the Grizz.

Daved
December 12th, 2016, 05:23 PM
Are you ever going to stop with this? Broken recordI can't blame him--if your school was ranked #1 and got pasted 42-17 by an opponent the butthurt would be enormous and also unforgettable---he should thank us for Paul Maguire though.:D

ValleyTalk
December 12th, 2016, 06:09 PM
Coach Bo Pelini's Radio Show is live right now: http://www.iheart.com/live/1869?cmp=ios_share

penguinpower
December 12th, 2016, 06:38 PM
Interestingly NDSU was openly rooting for us against wofford per NDSU sideline reporter on the YSU radio show tonight. Media people became friends over the years. I think that's pretty cool

Bison Fan in NW MN
December 12th, 2016, 06:46 PM
That last comment was a compliment ya clown. I think everyone who's gotten blown out at the fargodome is still Irked when thinking about it. What REALLY hurt was the "cupcake" haha don't toss me in with the crying whiney spoiled bernie loving dopes I share a generational title with :(

My comment is a reflection of your whole body of work in this thread.

You like video game offenses....good for you. Many others like watching good defenses shut down high flying offenses and a ground and pound offense.

centennial
December 12th, 2016, 07:06 PM
Interestingly NDSU was openly rooting for us against wofford per NDSU sideline reporter on the YSU radio show tonight. Media people became friends over the years. I think that's pretty cool

I was rooting because I picked you in the semifinals. I picked EWU to win this game, but I'll still root for YSU because Pelini antics keep the games interesting. BTW does Pelini have interest from a G5 school?

penguinpower
December 12th, 2016, 07:07 PM
I was rooting because I picked you in the semifinals. I picked EWU to win this game, but I'll still root for YSU because Pelini antics keep the games interesting. BTW does Pelini have interest from a G5 school?
Yes I think so but he is not interested at this time

penguinpower
December 12th, 2016, 07:07 PM
Yes I think so but he is not interested at this time

But we all know coach speak

UNHWildcat18
December 12th, 2016, 07:33 PM
My comment is a reflection of your whole body of work in this thread.

You like video game offenses....good for you. Many others like watching good defenses shut down high flying offenses and a ground and pound offense. In this thread lol? for agreeing with another poster that I wouldn't watch or prefer a NDSU vs YSU game vs another match up for entertainment purposes? Other than that I had a response or two with a respectful NDSU poster about the differences in style of play and how different people prefer different things. Are you having a bad week at work or something?.....sheesh. I never said there was a problem with people who like watching ground and pound offenses, the homers all of ya was out of humor.

caribbeanhen
December 12th, 2016, 08:36 PM
Whats your point? I think I've seen you make similar responses in the past that NDSU somehow has an unfair advantage. Last time I checked they were still FCS, having the same 63 scholarships to award as every other FCS team. Should other teams have a handicap when they play NDSU because they can't recruit and develop as well?

I think there are teams that are very capable of beating NDSU, EWU would be one of those teams.

maybe it was just a compliment, never amazes about how sensitive Bison fans are about the reality of how good they are.... just not an FCS team and it's proven every year

caribbeanhen
December 12th, 2016, 08:40 PM
In this thread lol? for agreeing with another poster that I wouldn't watch or prefer a NDSU vs YSU game vs another match up for entertainment purposes? Other than that I had a response or two with a respectful NDSU poster about the differences in style of play and how different people prefer different things. Are you having a bad week at work or something?.....sheesh. I never said there was a problem with people who like watching ground and pound offenses, the homers all of ya was out of humor.

I'm with you wildcat, if that game happens it will be a good game to take the wife to the mall or something and pretend your sacrificing big time for her... in fact, a game on a red frozen field in sub zero temps is not that appealing either.... couldn't it at least be 20 degrees... just not a football game when it's below zero.... pure slop

SeattleGriz
December 12th, 2016, 09:25 PM
Yep--probably the reason Montana has never beaten YSU--Montana is also one of the few teams that has a squeaky clean reputation--I tip my hat to the Grizz.
You're a cheating bastard!

kalm
December 12th, 2016, 09:39 PM
I'm with you wildcat, if that game happens it will be a good game to take the wife to the mall or something and pretend your sacrificing big time for her... in fact, a game on a red frozen field in sub zero temps is not that appealing either.... couldn't it at least be 20 degrees... just not a football game when it's below zero.... pure slop

I'm a Big Sky and Eastern fan and of course love offense. But I also like football in general and totally appreciate low scoring games where every possession counts. Nothing but respect for grind it out styles where just a few plays on offense can be the difference maker.

I also have no problem with green turf. It's not as pleasing to the eye as red turf but at least I'm still not butt hurt from SFA beating us in the playoffs all those years ago with their ugly green turf.

I don't think I even have to touch the complaint about temperature for a game you have no rooting interest in. Just a few more weeks until UD Lacrosse starts winter work outs!!!

clawman
December 13th, 2016, 08:29 AM
Yep--probably the reason Montana has never beaten YSU--Montana is also one of the few teams that has a squeaky clean reputation--I tip my hat to the Grizz.

WHAT?????? squeaky clean??????? No, they are a bunch of stealing, raping, drug users that have gotten coaches fired, and forced resignations by others. Obviously the news from the west does not make it across the Mississippi.

ysubigred
December 13th, 2016, 08:40 AM
WHAT?????? squeaky clean??????? No, they are a bunch of stealing, raping, drug users that have gotten coaches fired, and forced resignations by others. Obviously the news from the west does not make it across the Mississippi.

Funny you mention that. Montana was the dirtiest team I've ever seen YSU play in the playoffs in the Ice Castle xsalutex

Professor Chaos
December 13th, 2016, 08:40 AM
But we all know coach speak

Correct me if I'm wrong but unless he picks up another head coaching gig with a salary of more than $1.5M he's not going to make any more money than he is now because Nebraska covers the difference for the next 2 years after this one as part of his buyout.

So I would think that puts most G5 head coaching gigs and most P5 coordinator gigs as a net equal in terms of salary. Of course he can probably parlay those jobs into something better 3-6 years down the road than he would staying the HC at YSU but I get the notion that he kinda wants to stick it to Nebraska and make them pay every penny of that buyout that he can make them pay.

ysubigred
December 13th, 2016, 08:46 AM
Correct me if I'm wrong but unless he picks up another head coaching gig with a salary of more than $1.5M he's not going to make any more money than he is now because Nebraska covers the difference for the next 2 years after this one as part of his buyout.

So I would think that puts most G5 head coaching gigs and most P5 coordinator gigs as a net equal in terms of salary. Of course he can probably parlay those jobs into something better 3-6 years down the road than he would staying the HC at YSU but I get the notion that he kinda wants to stick it to Nebraska and make them pay every penny of that buyout that he can make them pay.

+1^^ That's why you are the Professor xnodx Bo isn't going anywhere until 2019 if then.

BisonTru
December 13th, 2016, 10:04 AM

WRONG!!

He's guaranteed 1.7M. :Dxdrunkyx

F'N Hawks
December 13th, 2016, 12:54 PM
EWU -6.5
Total is 57.5

Daved
December 13th, 2016, 06:20 PM
You're a cheating bastard!Butthurt from YSU stomping the Griz.Hopefully you're a Seahawks fan too---really enjoyed the Packers annihilating them!

SeattleGriz
December 13th, 2016, 06:25 PM
Butthurt from YSU stomping the Griz.Hopefully your a Seahawks fan too---really enjoyed the Packers annihilating them!
I actually am a little butthurt over YSU and W Illinois. Both have had our number in the playoffs.

ValleyTalk
December 13th, 2016, 07:23 PM
Need the two Big Ten transfers, Jalyn Powell (Sparty) and Solomon Warfield (Hawkeye), to step up in a big way this week vs EWU. The rest of you guys can figure out why.

GO GUINS!

ysubigred
December 14th, 2016, 09:59 AM
Need the two Big Ten transfers, Jalyn Powell (Sparty) and Solomon Warfield (Hawkeye), to step up in a big way this week vs EWU. The rest of you guys can figure out why.

GO GUINS!

http://www.rumpussports.com/portals/gsp/Images/Go-Penguins.jpg

ysubigred
December 14th, 2016, 10:04 AM
Goeags has it on Friday at 4:00 in the Richmond recap article. As SE pointed out, high of 13 Friday which should be around 2:00. It will be below 10 degrees at kickoff and dropping. Shouldn't matter though.

Bring it on!!

http://www.ysusports.com/information/spirit_squads/images/mascots.jpg?max_height=420&max_width=500

ytownchief22
December 14th, 2016, 10:15 AM
Next man up mentality! Let's get it Penguins!

Thunderstruck
December 15th, 2016, 10:54 AM
EWU -6.5
Total is 57.5

I just saw EWU -8.5 O/U 54.5...

EWU 31-14.

The Yo Show
December 15th, 2016, 02:42 PM
Can game day just get here already?

Screamin_Eagle174
December 15th, 2016, 11:37 PM
ANOTHER COOPER KUPP TD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Sorry, just getting ready for Saturday. xthumbsupx

ValleyTalk
December 16th, 2016, 06:48 AM
Go YOUNGSTOWN!!!

ysubigred
December 16th, 2016, 07:58 AM
xthumbsupx

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u_A5sATOBxE&feature=youtu.be

ytownchief22
December 16th, 2016, 09:07 AM
From the sounds of it according to the EWU fans, YSU shouldn't even had boarded the plane to play the game. With their unstoppable offense on their red turf, and with our suspensions. This penguin team has already taken an L.... Damn.

UNIFanSince1983
December 16th, 2016, 09:10 AM
Youngstown does have the great equalizer working for them. The great Bo Pelini!

ysubigred
December 16th, 2016, 09:37 AM
Youngstown does have the great equalizer working for them. The great Bo Pelini!

xchinscratchx

http://philly.barstoolsports.com/files/2011/12/dumb-dumber-chance.jpg

WeAreThePride
December 16th, 2016, 12:16 PM
After the offensive performance YSU put up against JSU, I could easily see this as a 38-35 game either way. Fantastic offense vs Fantastic defense, and Decent offense vs bad defense.

I picked EWU, but I will root for the Pelinis!

gsf23nd
December 16th, 2016, 12:46 PM
EWU - 33
YSU - 23

Screamin_Eagle174
December 16th, 2016, 02:10 PM
After the offensive performance YSU put up against JSU, I could easily see this as a 38-35 game either way. Fantastic offense vs Fantastic defense, and Decent offense vs bad defense.

I picked EWU, but I will root for the Pelinis!

Bad defense? EWU defense has only allowed 16.1 points a game over the last 7, which have been against some great offenses. Not to mention they've forced 20 turnovers in that span as well.

Bisonwinagn
December 16th, 2016, 04:25 PM
wouldn't be surprised if this is a low scoring game 17-14. Depends on if anyone is suspended for YSU or who they are.

dudeitsaid
December 16th, 2016, 09:29 PM
From the sounds of it according to the EWU fans, YSU shouldn't even had boarded the plane to play the game. With their unstoppable offense on their red turf, and with our suspensions. This penguin team has already taken an L.... Damn.

I don't know that I've seen that in general. There are always some blind homerism in just about every fanbase, including yours.

I think the EWU fanbase overall has a great respect for what YSU has done this year, and in no way sees this game as a given. And I know that's the case from the coaches and team. I think there have been some terse responses by either side when our respective teams are dissed in some way. I know I've reacted to the perception of a weak defense at EWU. But I guess that will be proven on the field tomorrow.

I want EWU to win of course, but hope it is an incredible game that reflects very well on both teams, universities, and fanbases.

Bisonator
December 16th, 2016, 09:42 PM
Come on Penguins, you have to carry the MVFC torch!xthumbsupx

Bronco
December 16th, 2016, 10:41 PM
-
Going to be a great game. Hope no wind
Go Eagles

Couldn't find an Eagle fighting a Penguin

http://bonedjello.com/blogger14/eaglesnake.jpg

Red & Black
December 16th, 2016, 11:34 PM

GTFOH with this. Simply not true.

dudeitsaid
December 17th, 2016, 12:30 AM
GTFOH with this. Simply not true.

He must be smoking the same stuff the players were...xcoffeex

JSUSoutherner
December 17th, 2016, 05:36 AM
-
Going to be a great game. Hope no wind
Go Eagles

Couldn't find an Eagle fighting a Penguin

http://bonedjello.com/blogger14/eaglesnake.jpg
That can't be the right eagle. It's not burning by retinas to look at.

penguinpower
December 17th, 2016, 07:24 AM
Come on Penguins, you have to carry the MVFC torch!xthumbsupx
Tall order missing some critical play makers. I liked our chances much better before the suspensions

Red & Black
December 17th, 2016, 07:29 AM
Tall order missing some critical play makers. I liked our chances much better before the suspensions

Suspensions hurt, but every team suffers from attrition at this point in the year. We're missing plenty, too. I'm sure YSU has adequate depth. You don't get this far without that.

penguinpower
December 17th, 2016, 07:31 AM
Suspensions hurt, but every team suffers from attrition at this point in the year. We're missing plenty, too. I'm sure YSU had adequate depth. You don't get this far without that.
True. But as this game gets late I think it could show up in a bad way for YSU. We do have some depth, but our starters were able to make critical plays against some of the tougher teams when it was needed. Next man up has to do it now.

McNeese72
December 17th, 2016, 07:50 AM
Will this be the first NC game without MVFC team in it in for what seems a very long time?

Serpentor
December 17th, 2016, 08:30 AM
Looks like according to the other poll on the front page this game has already been decided.

Tough break on your loss, Youngstown. Better luck next year!

ValleyTalk
December 17th, 2016, 08:52 AM
Will this be the first NC game without MVFC team in it in for what seems a very long time?
Guess we lost already... oh well xbawlingx

kalm
December 17th, 2016, 09:02 AM
Bad defense? EWU defense has only allowed 16.1 points a game over the last 7, which have been against some great offenses. Not to mention they've forced 20 turnovers in that span as well.

You could say YSU's offense was also bad prior to their final regular season game against MSU. They are a great rushing team but ranked 97th in FCS in passing offense. Yes, they looked great against JSU (especially Wells) but the Gamecock's defensive stats were perhaps a little padded by the OVC schedule. We saw something similar last week with Richmond who coming into Cheney, was the #2 rated passing defense in FCS but had been torched in the only game they faced an elite passing attack in JMU.

Traditionally, we fare well against one dimensional teams especially if they do not have a dual threat quarterback.

But teams can improve on either side of the ball and I expect this to be a close game.

ytownchief22
December 17th, 2016, 09:51 AM
Looking forward to the matchup!

McNeese72
December 17th, 2016, 02:36 PM

Guess we lost already... oh well xbawlingx

My post was a question not a statement. See the question mark at the end. I did not say that EWU was going to win thus the question mark.

Doc

F'N Hawks
December 17th, 2016, 04:54 PM
Anybody got a weather report from the stadium?

The Yo Show
December 17th, 2016, 05:18 PM
Almost gametime! Go penguins!!! But may it be a clean injury free game! xthumbsupx

citdog
December 17th, 2016, 05:30 PM

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DpktBGInl60

The Yo Show
December 17th, 2016, 05:36 PM
Is it just the away stands they are showing?

The Yo Show
December 17th, 2016, 05:41 PM
Nice pick! Glad we have the depth we do at secondary.

Twentysix
December 17th, 2016, 05:42 PM
Omg it looks like there are 16 people at a semifinal.

The Yo Show
December 17th, 2016, 05:43 PM
Our radio guys are saying between 4 and 5k but I wondered the same and realized its the away stands. Still though..

Twentysix
December 17th, 2016, 05:45 PM
Oof EWU has no defense in the first 5 minutes.

- - - Updated - - -

Easy touchdown for YSU 7-0. EWU had ball first. So this is pretty good start for YSU.

ytownchief22
December 17th, 2016, 05:46 PM
Great start!!

dewey
December 17th, 2016, 05:46 PM
Dang good drive by YSU. Boy Jordy Webb and that YSU offensive line is looking good.

Dewey

The Yo Show
December 17th, 2016, 05:47 PM
Thats the type of start YSU needed to be honest. EWU can play catchup, and we can too, but they are better at it. So better for YSU to not start in a hole.

Twentysix
December 17th, 2016, 05:49 PM
Thats the type of start YSU needed to be honest. EWU can play catchup, and we can too, but they are better at it. So better for YSU to not start in a hole.

Yeah.
That kind of Oline push to start the game bodes really well for YSU though.

The Yo Show
December 17th, 2016, 05:51 PM
Yeah.
That kind of Oline push to start the game bodes really well for YSU though.
Agreed

- - - Updated - - -

Can't give up those kinds of throws though...

Twentysix
December 17th, 2016, 05:52 PM
two great catches by kupp in a row.

Twentysix
December 17th, 2016, 05:53 PM
Looks like EWU will settle for a FG.

- - - Updated - - -

7-3 YSU leads. Great start for YSU.

Twentysix
December 17th, 2016, 06:01 PM
EWU gets a stop off a batted pass and a fumbled snap.

caribbeanhen
December 17th, 2016, 06:03 PM
It's looking like this game might get out of hand, YSU looks like the better team in the first round... lots of football left

Drblankstare
December 17th, 2016, 06:03 PM
I'm still trying to wrap my head around how YSU got to this game. The team I saw in Fargo barely looked like a playoff team. They have a hell of a chance to win the whole thing.

The Yo Show
December 17th, 2016, 06:07 PM
Even as a homer fan, I thought we would make playoffs and lose early (but probably win the first round). The offense found itself. I had thought all season, if only the offense was as good as previous years with this defense, we would be dangerous. As it turns out, they turned a corner apparently. Even making this game is an achievement.

The Yo Show
December 17th, 2016, 06:09 PM
Cooper Kupp is pretty remarkable.

Drblankstare
December 17th, 2016, 06:09 PM
That Kupp kid might have a future in this business xbowx

Grizalltheway
December 17th, 2016, 06:10 PM
It's looking like this game might get out of hand, YSU looks like the better team in the first round... lots of football left

Yep gonna get of hand here pretty quick

CommishBigSmooth
December 17th, 2016, 06:10 PM

Out of hand for whom, exactly?

caribbeanhen
December 17th, 2016, 06:13 PM
Out of hand for whom, exactly?

just trying to wake you boys up.... hoping for a good game

caribbeanhen
December 17th, 2016, 06:15 PM
That Kupp kid might have a future in this business xbowx

he's the reason I'm watching this game, frozen red carpet, with Siberian smoke stacks in the back ground not withstanding

The Yo Show
December 17th, 2016, 06:17 PM
Ugh... offense needs to sustain drives like the first one.

F'N Hawks
December 17th, 2016, 06:17 PM
Waiting for these pass rushers of YSU to show up. Gubrud is bombing away back there.

F'N Hawks
December 17th, 2016, 06:18 PM
LOL....Nice pass rush. All day.

Rjones61
December 17th, 2016, 06:19 PM
Kendrick Bourne is another one you might see on Sundays.

caribbeanhen
December 17th, 2016, 06:20 PM
JMU DB's vs the E Wash WR's will be something to see... lots of football left to play

CommishBigSmooth
December 17th, 2016, 06:21 PM
just trying to wake you boys up.... hoping for a good game

Keep hoping. The EWU machine looks in full force now. Yikes.

Rjones61
JMU DB's vs the E Wash WR's will be something to see... lots of football left to play

Wait, just a half a quarter ago, you called YSU the better team and pretty much declared them the winner.

Don't flip the momentum by calling EWU the winner. xdrunkyx

Drblankstare
YSU obviously didn't watch the NDSU EWU game. Do not bother with a 3 man rush. Bison got picked apart rushing 3

F'N Hawks
December 17th, 2016, 06:22 PM
#8 is in trouble tonight.

Twentysix
December 17th, 2016, 06:22 PM
Some excellent bombs by EWU. YSU definitely needs to penetrate to stand a chance in this one.

caribbeanhen
December 17th, 2016, 06:26 PM
Wait, just a half a quarter ago, you called YSU the better team and pretty much declared them the winner.

Don't flip the momentum by calling EWU the winner. xdrunkyx

I also said lots of football left to play after each post and will continue to waffle as the game goes on...xpeacex

The Yo Show
December 17th, 2016, 06:27 PM
Its looking bad for the penguins right now

Twentysix
December 17th, 2016, 06:29 PM
Its looking bad for the penguins right now

Yeah.

caribbeanhen
December 17th, 2016, 06:30 PM
Kendrick Bourne is another one you might see on Sundays.

where was Kupp on that play? was he the one that got double coverage on the left side, and #8 got burned trying to stay with Bourne? ... don't tell me Kupp was the one who threw the pass?

Rjones61
December 17th, 2016, 06:30 PM
Pelini should have gone for it IMO. Can't keep giving EWU the chance to score. That's how you get buried.

penguinpower
December 17th, 2016, 06:31 PM
Missing the safeties bad

Rjones61
December 17th, 2016, 06:31 PM
where was Kupp on that play? was he the one that got double coverage on the left side, and #8 got burned trying to stay with Bourne? ... don't tell me Kupp was the one who threw the pass?

Hahaha, Kupp was closer to the line of scrimmage. Shaq Hill pulled the double coverage. Shaq Hill is another weapon, incredibly fast with great hands. Not sure if he has the build to play in the NFL, though. Kind of a Jamison Crowder type player, but probably not as good.

The Yo Show
December 17th, 2016, 06:32 PM
Pelini should have gone for it IMO. Can't keep giving EWU the chance to score. That's how you get buried.
In our territory like that? Thats just giving them points

Rjones61
December 17th, 2016, 06:35 PM
In our territory like that? Thats just giving them points

Well, I stand corrected. Good defensive stand by YSU.

caribbeanhen
December 17th, 2016, 06:36 PM
Hahaha, Kupp was closer to the line of scrimmage. Shaq Hill pulled the double coverage. Shaq Hill is another weapon, incredibly fast with great hands. Not sure if he has the build to play in the NFL, though. Kind of a Jamison Crowder type player, but probably not as good.

thanks, watching the game with no sound... don't need it to see one handed catches... Kupp worth the price of admission, like how EWash is going for the down field passed on almost every play.... why not with those weapons

Twentysix
December 17th, 2016, 06:36 PM

You can't do that on your own 38 in the 2nd qtr.

F'N Hawks
December 17th, 2016, 06:39 PM
You can't do that on your own 38 in the 2nd qtr.

That punt was in Eastern territory I thought.

caribbeanhen
December 17th, 2016, 06:40 PM
that looked like a ndsu play

Rjones61
December 17th, 2016, 06:40 PM

Yeah, I recall it being right in midfield.

caribbeanhen
December 17th, 2016, 06:42 PM
looked like Bo was giving the OC some heat via the headphones for those 2 vanilla run plays....

Twentysix
December 17th, 2016, 06:45 PM

Nah, they hadn't crossed the 50 yet.

F'N Hawks
December 17th, 2016, 06:48 PM
Nah, it was 4th and 4 at the EWU 39.

CommishBigSmooth
December 17th, 2016, 06:49 PM
Youngstown appears to have contracted the same fumbleitis that Richmond had last week. Can't make a mistake like that.

The Yo Show
December 17th, 2016, 06:49 PM
Can't make these mistakes...

Twentysix
December 17th, 2016, 06:50 PM
Nah, it was 4th and 4 at the EWU 39.

The punt went out of bounds at the 19. It was 4th and 1 on the YSU 44.

4th and 1 at YSU 44
(10:13 - 2nd) Mark Schuler punt for 37 yds, punt out-of-bounds at the EWash 19

kdinva
December 17th, 2016, 06:50 PM
Can't make these mistakes...

and TD Eagles.....

caribbeanhen
December 17th, 2016, 06:51 PM
every play it's a different number for Eastern Washington

Rjones61
December 17th, 2016, 06:52 PM
So we have three good QBs, a wide receiver that throws TD passes, and apparently our RB throws TD passes as well.

CommishBigSmooth
Halfback pass, perfectly thrown. Kupp wide open as you can get.

kdinva

just tuned in.......snow flurries, but they had 4" + in KC for the D-2 Champ game....

Screamin_Eagle174
ANOTHER COOPER KUPP TD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Sorry, just getting ready for Saturday. xthumbsupx

+2

Twentysix
+2

xbowx

Drblankstare
December 17th, 2016, 06:53 PM
That halfback pass was a brilliant call and absolutely impossible for anyone to defend. That's unfair

F'N Hawks
December 17th, 2016, 06:54 PM
The punt went out of bounds at the 19. It was 4th and 1 on the YSU 44.

4th and 1 at YSU 44
(10:13 - 2nd) Mark Schuler punt for 37 yds, punt out-of-bounds at the EWash 19

Keep looking......

Rjones61
December 17th, 2016, 06:55 PM
I remember YSU fans saying 24 was the magic number. EWU has hit that before halftime. Hope to see them double it up in the second half.

Twentysix
December 17th, 2016, 06:58 PM
Keep looking......

You are talking about a different punt that happened 9 minutes of game clock earlier, in the first quarter, when YSU was leading 7-3.

- - - Updated - - -

TD YSU.

The Yo Show
December 17th, 2016, 06:59 PM
That was a huge 4th down play there.

CommishBigSmooth
December 17th, 2016, 06:59 PM
Well, YSU with a nice response. Can their defense keep them in it?

Twentysix
December 17th, 2016, 07:00 PM
Well, YSU with a nice response. Can their defense keep them in it?

Also, no more muffed punts.

The Yo Show
December 17th, 2016, 07:30 PM
YSU is still in this.

Rjones61
December 17th, 2016, 07:36 PM
YSU is still in this.

Definitely. Being down 7 points is very manageable. However, EWU has not been outscored in the second half for the entire season. We just tend to bury teams in the second half. I expect EWU to edge out this game.

Bisonator
December 17th, 2016, 07:38 PM
This is great game.

The Yo Show
December 17th, 2016, 07:39 PM
This is a good drive for the penguins. But they need to finish with TDs not Field goals.

Twentysix
December 17th, 2016, 07:40 PM
They should have gone for it.

caribbeanhen
December 17th, 2016, 07:42 PM
agree, EWU offense to powerful to keep up with fg's

ytownchief22
December 17th, 2016, 07:45 PM
YSU OC blew the game with play calling down there on the goal line. Couldn't settle for a FG. Just can't.

CommishBigSmooth
December 17th, 2016, 07:47 PM
Can't trade FG for TD. They just won't be able to keep up.

Twentysix
December 17th, 2016, 07:48 PM
Screamin Eagle you were just on TV naked.

ytownchief22
December 17th, 2016, 07:53 PM
Ball game. YSU offense can't hang. Really hope our starting WR and starting safeties enjoyed getting high. Cost your university and city a chance at the championship.

Bison56
December 17th, 2016, 07:58 PM
I had to mute these 2 knobs on tv.

Bison56
December 17th, 2016, 08:00 PM
Can they capitalize on the turnover?

Bisonator
Penguins need a TD on this drive.

The Yo Show
Great question...but even if they do, they still need to stop Eastern at least two more times

Serpentor
December 17th, 2016, 08:01 PM
Only 23 pages of talk? What are you guys, a bunch of respectful, decent polite human beings or something?

Bison56
December 17th, 2016, 08:05 PM
Only 23 pages of talk? What are you guys, a bunch of respectful, decent polite human beings or something?Just human beings

DoubleE
December 17th, 2016, 08:09 PM
need a td here right now

PantherRob82
December 17th, 2016, 08:10 PM
Stupid ESPNU. I'm not going to bother looking for a pirate feed unless this gets close. New Orleans Bowl for me I guess.

DoubleE
December 17th, 2016, 08:13 PM
Stupid ESPNU. I'm not going to bother looking for a pirate feed unless this gets close. New Orleans Bowl for me I guess.

YSU is 11 yards from td down 11 so.......

- - - Updated - - -

​TD GUINS !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

- - - Updated - - -

You go for 2 here right ?

NDSU Fan
Score? Time remaining? Thanks

caribbeanhen
I guess it's fitting the Penguinos are playing in this Antarctic weather, and things are heating up a bit in this game

DoubleE
.......... why do you kick the extra point ? i dont get this.......

Serpentor
YSU is 11 yards from td down 11 so.......

- - - Updated - - -

​TD GUINS !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

- - - Updated - - -

You go for 2 here right ?

Not anymore! TD snowbirds!

ytownchief22
Should have went for 2... No ?

caribbeanhen
December 17th, 2016, 08:14 PM

I haven't watched football with sound for years now...

The Kicker
Very good game. Didn't think Youngstown would put up a big fight with all the players gone today. They are hanging in there just need a big play on defense and this game could go any way.

DoubleE
EWU 31 YSU 27 early 4th

caribbeanhen
December 17th, 2016, 08:15 PM
.......... why do you kick the extra point ? i dont get this.......

because there is still lots of time, no need to panic

The Yo Show
I was thinking go for two as well, but oh well.

Laker
Score? Time remaining? Thanks

12:14 to go in the 4th, EWU up 31-27.

DoubleE
12:14 left in 4th

Bison56
Should have went for 2... No ?No too much time left.31-27 EWU on top with 12:08 to go in the 4th.

Rjones61
December 17th, 2016, 08:16 PM
That interception by YSU definitely should have been a PI. Can't just run through the receiver like that.

caribbeanhen
December 17th, 2016, 08:17 PM
if you go for 2 and fail your down 5, East Wash FG puts you down 8.... just take xp with that much time ....

The Yo Show
December 17th, 2016, 08:17 PM
DEREK RIVERS!

caribbeanhen
December 17th, 2016, 08:18 PM
miracle he didn't fumble that ball

Bison56
December 17th, 2016, 08:18 PM
I was thinking go for two as well, but oh well.A lot of time left yet was probably the reason to not go for 2.YSU D stepping up big this drive.