PDA

View Full Version : Sammy's Keeler named Coach of Year

kdinva
December 7th, 2016, 11:25 AM
http://www.fcs.football/cfb/story.asp?i=20161207115654004427004

Citadel's current and most recent coach finish 2 & 3 in balloting....

Daytripper
December 7th, 2016, 11:36 AM
Congratulations, Coach!

TheEagleSHSU
December 7th, 2016, 11:39 AM
Well deserved honor KCK!

citdog
December 7th, 2016, 11:43 AM
Well deserved how? Y'all **** the bed against Jax State in the playoffs last year and lost by 5 touchdowns and played exactly NOBODY in the regular season this year. Thompson went undefeated in a REAL conference and loses to Keeler? That is the definition of a JOKE.

BisonTru
December 7th, 2016, 11:44 AM
Dale Lindsey deserves to be higher, IMO. He put together a damn good squad in San Diego with almost no support.

beerkat
December 7th, 2016, 11:45 AM
Well deserved how? Y'all **** the bed against Jax State in the playoffs last year and lost by 5 touchdowns and played exactly NOBODY in the regular season this year. Thompson went undefeated in a REAL conference and loses to Keeler? That is the definition of a JOKE.

Didn’t know 2015 playoff results factored into the coach of year award for 2016. I’ll let Keeler know so he can Fedex the award back

citdog
December 7th, 2016, 11:47 AM
Didn’t know 2015 playoff results factored into the coach of year award for 2016. I’ll let Keeler know so he can Fedex the award back

ok. Take that part out and Thompson not winning is still indefensible and you know it.

Katfan
December 7th, 2016, 11:51 AM
Congrats!

beerkat
December 7th, 2016, 11:51 AM
ok. Take that part out and Thompson not winning is still indefensible and you know it.

It was apparently defensible to those who voted. Perhaps an AGS coach of the year award should be created to appease everyone here.

citdog
December 7th, 2016, 11:52 AM
It was apparently defensible to those who voted. Perhaps an AGS coach of the year award should be created to appease everyone here.

I DO vote for Stats Bro. I had your boy 3rd.

Daytripper
December 7th, 2016, 11:54 AM

Oh, someone will create poll for FCS coach of the year and Klieman will win going away.

Katfan
December 7th, 2016, 11:54 AM
I DO vote for Stats Bro. I had your boy 3rd.
Thanks for the vote, if you hadn't voted for him he probably would've just missed out.

beerkat
December 7th, 2016, 11:55 AM
Then maybe a recount is in order. I hear Michigan and Wisconsin are experts in that field.

BEAR
December 7th, 2016, 12:03 PM
Great job Keeler! Congrats Sam fans. You guys have yet to lose. Coach of the year, this year, not last year for those pissed about this. Also congrats to coach Campbell for getting noticed. Bear proud.

Redbird007
December 7th, 2016, 12:05 PM

I like that idea. Someone put it up for a vote.

Daytripper
December 7th, 2016, 12:06 PM
Great job Keeler! Congrats Sam fans. You guys have yet to lose. Coach of the year, this year, not last year for those pissed about this. Also congrats to coach Campbell for getting noticed. Bear proud.

You guys have a keeper with Campbell. Looking forward to battling UCA for the conference title for years to come.

TheEagleSHSU
December 7th, 2016, 12:06 PM
Again, Well deserved KCK! I guess Citdog is upset, but who isn't mad at the Bearkats these days!

Bisonator
December 7th, 2016, 12:07 PM
Oh, someone will create poll for FCS coach of the year and Klieman will win going away.
And deservedly so.;)

Theee Catrabbit
December 7th, 2016, 12:07 PM
How does that sign not make you want to laugh your ass off? We are Southland Strong! So...not Strong then?

http://image.cdnllnwnl.xosnetwork.com/pics33/400/DR/DRCFVPKTMHTFNUW.20161206221132.jpg (http://www.gobearkats.com/ViewArticle.dbml?SPSID=92955&SPID=11345&DB_LANG=C&ATCLID=211345206&DB_OEM_ID=19900)

POD Knows
December 7th, 2016, 12:10 PM
How does that sign not make you want to laugh your ass off? We are Southland Strong! So...not Strong then?

http://image.cdnllnwnl.xosnetwork.com/pics33/400/DR/DRCFVPKTMHTFNUW.20161206221132.jpg (http://www.gobearkats.com/ViewArticle.dbml?SPSID=92955&SPID=11345&DB_LANG=C&ATCLID=211345206&DB_OEM_ID=19900)

LMAO, yea, it is like a double negative

Daytripper
December 7th, 2016, 12:14 PM
Maybe it should say "Sammy Strong"

BEAR
December 7th, 2016, 12:17 PM
Maybe it should say "Sammy Strong"

Or " Sammy So Long I'm headed for an FBS school!"

Daytripper
December 7th, 2016, 12:18 PM
Or " Sammy So Long I'm headed for an FBS school!"

I'm worried about Temple.

Go Lehigh TU owl
December 7th, 2016, 12:25 PM
I'm worried about Temple.

I wouldn't mind him. I certainly think he'll be on the shortlist of candidates. He fits imo. I don't think Temple is going to hire someone who will leave in 2-3 years....

DirtyDukes
December 7th, 2016, 12:37 PM

IS THAT THE GHOST OF KC KEELER OFF OT THE RIGHT?!!?!?

Nickels
December 7th, 2016, 12:55 PM
Oh lawd. SHSU received recognition. The sky must be falling.

The Pud
December 7th, 2016, 01:14 PM

Award is for 2016, not for 2015 season sir.

Bearkat90
December 7th, 2016, 01:20 PM
Congrats Coach K I was not sure how your NE personality would play in Texas but its been a great transition

In Keeler We Trust

Oh the butt hurt on this site is so funny
Come on Rev where you at I know you have a good case of it?

Bison56
December 7th, 2016, 01:26 PM
Who?

The Pud
December 7th, 2016, 01:30 PM
Who?

Not your coach, so please continue to drink your warm milk.

bluehenbillk
December 7th, 2016, 01:59 PM
Congrats to KC!!

The Pud
December 7th, 2016, 04:17 PM
Congrats to K.C. Keeler. Well deserved. This guy can coach!

Serpentor
December 7th, 2016, 04:43 PM
A tip of the lift and lifting of the glass to K.C.!

And a delivery of salt to citdog while we're at it...

BigHouseClosedEnd
December 7th, 2016, 05:50 PM
Sam State played nobody. 2nd , 3rd, and 4th place were all more deserving.

Bearkat04
December 7th, 2016, 06:07 PM
Sam State played nobody. 2nd , 3rd, and 4th place were all more deserving.

See ya in a few months dude. Hell, on second thought, maybe next month!!

milleniumkat
December 7th, 2016, 06:21 PM
Award is for 2016, not for 2015 season sir.

They skip in and out of what year things matter. It's what happens. Forgive them.

www.KinderGentlerMK.edu

milleniumkat
December 7th, 2016, 06:23 PM
Congrats to coach keeler! He has done great work to raise the profile of shsu football program in the state. Hats off. Very deserved.

www.KinderGentlerMK.edu

TheRevSFA
December 7th, 2016, 06:45 PM
Congrats Coach K I was not sure how your NE personality would play in Texas but its been a great transition

In Keeler We Trust

Oh the butt hurt on this site is so funny
Come on Rev where you at I know you have a good case of it?

You confuse butthurt with being realistic, something most of the Sam fanbase know little about. It's okay though, you can add this to your "we don't get respect on AGS" safe space bitch session on katfans.

good for him on winning. I can see why the folks at stats who had Sam ranked number one would vote him number one

milleniumkat
December 7th, 2016, 06:59 PM
You confuse butthurt with being realistic, something most of the Sam fanbase know little about. It's okay though, you can add this to your "we don't get respect on AGS" safe space bitch session on katfans.

good for him on winning. I can see why the folks at stats who had Sam ranked number one would vote him number one

It's a damn "Major Award"!!

Hell it could have even been a bowling alley...or at least the deed to a bowling alley.

It says "F.R.A.G.I.L.E." so it's most like Italian.

www.KinderGentlerMK.edu

TheRevSFA
December 7th, 2016, 07:07 PM
It's a damn "Major Award"!!

Hell it could have even been a bowling alley...or at least the deed to a bowling alley.

It says "F.R.A.G.I.L.E." so it's most like Italian.

www.KinderGentlerMK.edu (http://www.KinderGentlerMK.edu)

next December playoff tailgate you should do a Christmas story. I bet you'd look cute in a pink bunny suit and we can get Lucky to get his tongue stuck to the shot block

Terry2889
December 7th, 2016, 07:24 PM
Congrats to K.C. Keeler. Well deserved. This guy can coach!

This is funny...

- - - Updated - - -

This is funny...

But he can recruit. I'll give him that.

BEAR
December 7th, 2016, 08:41 PM
He won the Eddie Robinson...nice!

caribbeanhen
December 7th, 2016, 08:41 PM
KC has always known it's about talent.... that's what makes him a winner....

BEAR
December 7th, 2016, 08:46 PM

TheRevSFA
December 7th, 2016, 09:23 PM
KC has always known it's about talent.... that's what makes him a winner....

Definitely. I mean he's had his share of down years too but he has a great eye for talent. He will be FBS soon enough

milleniumkat
December 7th, 2016, 09:39 PM
next December playoff tailgate you should do a Christmas story. I bet you'd look cute in a pink bunny suit and we can get Lucky to get his tongue stuck to the shot block

Like a Pink Nightmare

www.KinderGentlerMK.edu

milleniumkat
December 7th, 2016, 09:40 PM
We lost home field seeding, we lost our starting QB at full strength...can you people please let us have at least one trophy without grief?

www.KinderGentlerMK.edu

Bearkat90
December 7th, 2016, 11:16 PM

Theres my huckleberry
safespot lmaof our safespot is at NRG every October!

caribbeanhen
December 8th, 2016, 04:44 AM
We lost home field seeding, we lost our starting QB at full strength...can you people please let us have at least one trophy without grief?

how do you know Briscoe will not be at full strength.... what's actually wrong with him? he got hit for the first time this year in a football game? are you saying he's a wimp?

TheRevSFA
December 8th, 2016, 05:25 AM
Theres my huckleberry
safespot lmaof our safespot is at NRG every October!

It's the only place your alumni feel safe to go watch Sam play, that's for sure

caribbeanhen
December 8th, 2016, 05:40 AM
Definitely. I mean he's had his share of down years too but he has a great eye for talent. He will be FBS soon enough

his down years usually came in the first year of his transfer QB's or when he was forced to use WR's and TE's at QB...

He made 3 title games in 11 years at Delaware - each time it was with a big time transfer QB in his second year
2003 - Andy Hall - Ga Tech
2007 - Joe Flacco - Pitt
2010 - Pat Devlin - Penn State

The Pud
December 8th, 2016, 06:31 AM
It's the only place your alumni feel safe to go watch Sam play, that's for sure

it is sad that there is no place SFA fans feel safe watching SFA play. BTW.......SFA head coach really sucks. Maybe SFA can hire that Lamar coach who was recently fired?

TheRevSFA
December 8th, 2016, 06:49 AM
it is sad that there is no place SFA fans feel safe watching SFA play. BTW.......SFA head coach really sucks. Maybe SFA can hire that Lamar coach who was recently fired?

Yet somehow SFA has higher attendance than Sam. Funny. A highly successful team can't draw dick to their games. Why do y'all hate your school so much? That might be something you need to look at

UNIFanSince1983
December 8th, 2016, 07:30 AM
his down years usually came in the first year of his transfer QB's or when he was forced to use WR's and TE's at QB...

He made 3 title games in 11 years at Delaware - each time it was with a big time transfer QB in his second year
2003 - Andy Hall - Ga Tech
2007 - Joe Flacco - Pitt
2010 - Pat Devlin - Penn State

2nd year as starter or just 2nd year on the team? Because this would technically be Briscoe's 2nd year and he is a transfer from FBS...

TheRevSFA
December 8th, 2016, 07:35 AM
2nd year as starter or just 2nd year on the team? Because this would technically be Briscoe's 2nd year and he is a transfer from FBS...

The plot thickens....

The Pud
December 8th, 2016, 07:47 AM
Yet somehow SFA has higher attendance than Sam. Funny. A highly successful team can't draw dick to their games. Why do y'all hate your school so much? That might be something you need to look at

I surmise Sammy fans and alumni, whereby most are scattered throughout the world, can watch their successful program on satellite tv.

TheRevSFA
December 8th, 2016, 08:03 AM
I surmise Sammy fans and alumni, whereby most are scattered throughout the world, can watch their successful program on satellite tv.

"most" are scattered in Houston. I mean, I know you, biggest fan of the Bearkats, won't be a game ever..so we can at least chalk one up right there.

The Pud
December 8th, 2016, 08:08 AM
"most" are scattered in Houston. I mean, I know you, biggest fan of the Bearkats, won't be a game ever..so we can at least chalk one up right there.

Yes, this is true sir; however, if the stars align properly, and I eat my oatmeal regularly, I plan on being in Frisco, Texas come mid January sir. I enjoy watching championship football at the FCS level..........it is much cheaper than trying to see the FBS championship.

Sam_Kats
December 8th, 2016, 08:08 AM
Obsession noted. xthumbsupx

caribbeanhen
December 8th, 2016, 08:52 AM

second year as a starter, no injuries.... hope Briscoe is ready to go and 100 pct

TheRevSFA
December 8th, 2016, 09:18 AM
Yes, this is true sir; however, if the stars align properly, and I eat my oatmeal regularly, I plan on being in Frisco, Texas come mid January sir. I enjoy watching championship football at the FCS level..........it is much cheaper than trying to see the FBS championship.

First trip for the Pod?

The Pud
December 8th, 2016, 10:14 AM
First trip for the Pod?

it will be my 7th trip sir.

TheRevSFA
December 8th, 2016, 10:22 AM
it will be my 7th trip sir.

I highly doubt that.

The Pud
December 8th, 2016, 10:23 AM
http://www.anygivensaturday.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=24059&stc=1

The Pud
December 8th, 2016, 01:00 PM
I highly doubt that.
I cannot help you with that sir.

Sent from my SM-G925V using Tapatalk

milleniumkat
December 9th, 2016, 04:09 AM
how do you know Briscoe will not be at full strength.... what's actually wrong with him? he got hit for the first time this year in a football game? are you saying he's a wimp?

Hes been hit harder, just never had his arm torqued like that. I really don't have time to explain the impact of arm injuries to qb's who throw the ball, but it's similar to leg injuries to RB's that have to run the ball. It doesn't help for sure.

www.KinderGentlerMK.edu

milleniumkat
December 9th, 2016, 04:12 AM

This is Frisco Briscoes 1st year as a starter. He took over from an injured Jared Johnson in the playoffs. Colgate was the first playoff game he started. Proving that teams can win with backups in the playoffs if needed.

www.KinderGentlerMK.edu

milleniumkat
December 9th, 2016, 04:17 AM
Best coach in college football. No one has done more with less. Overrated QB, No RB's, No defense. No OLine., an overrated PJ hall. Turrible hair, turrible OC, turrible scheme. Too many transfers. But he manages the friday night prime time game. Hope he makes the most of it. Eat Em Up Coach Keeler! #InKeelerWeTrust

www.KinderGentlerMK.edu

The Pud
December 9th, 2016, 08:23 AM
Best coach in college football. No one has done more with less. Overrated QB, No RB's, No defense. No OLine., an overrated PJ hall. Turrible hair, turrible OC, turrible scheme. Too many transfers. But he manages the friday night prime time game. Hope he makes the most of it. Eat Em Up Coach Keeler! #InKeelerWeTrust

www.KinderGentlerMK.edu
^^^^what this guy said. Keeler just knows how to get his teams ready to play in the playoffs. Keeler is 18-5 in the playoffs, and this stands as the highest winning percentage among all active coaches with at least 15 playoff games.

Southern Bison
December 9th, 2016, 09:41 PM
STATS shows once again just how bad they are...their "Coach of the Year" & "top-ranked team" gets embarrassingly beat down in the quarterfinals after escaping a loss in the 2nd round.

milleniumkat
December 9th, 2016, 10:44 PM
STATS shows once again just how bad they are...their "Coach of the Year" & "top-ranked team" gets embarrassingly beat down in the quarterfinals after escaping a loss in the 2nd round.

At the same time, Yalls bro, sagarin or massey...whoever it was ..predicted this to be the closest of the 4 games. lol. He's an idiot just like old MK.

www.KinderGentlerMK.edu

milleniumkat
December 9th, 2016, 11:43 PM
My thoughts on keeler moving forward are this...He built this team to destroy the SLC.. and he did that to a level that has not been matched.

And we did not get a top seed or even a top 4 seed. I don't believe any longer that that will ever happen based on the SLC perceived status. SO. Building a team that can win at home in huntsville isn't going to get it done. He's going to have to build a team that can win the the weather, any weather. Not making excuses, but weather hurt him last week at home, and it sure looked like it was a factor tonight (relax..you know what I mean)

He's got more talent on this team, offensively anyway than Fritz or any other coach at SHSU has ever had. He's going to have to get an OC and DC that can build a team that can work together. I don't think Keeler is a good X's and O's coach, but he seems to be a good CEO type program guy. This season the offense and defense did not complement each other. If we are to win it all, its on HIM to get a team on the same page in all phases. Otherwise, when things get off schedule..this will continue to be the result.

dgtw
December 10th, 2016, 03:59 AM

You can add it back in now.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

drpnut
December 10th, 2016, 05:33 AM
Coach Keeler's post-game interview was so lame. I would have more respect for him if he would just nut-up and state the obvious "We were not prepared, and that is on me. Nothing much to say except we got an old-fashioned ass kicking. Simple." But no, he has to make excuses, and more excuses, and more excuses.

A sign of a good leader is they pass the credit on when things are good and they nut-up and accept full responsibility when things go sour. He does neither. Is he a good coach? Most of the time. Good leader? very debatable.

milleniumkat
December 10th, 2016, 06:21 AM
Coach Keeler's post-game interview was so lame. I would have more respect for him if he would just nut-up and state the obvious "We were not prepared, and that is on me. Nothing much to say except we got an old-fashioned ass kicking. Simple." But no, he has to make excuses, and more excuses, and more excuses.

A sign of a good leader is they pass the credit on when things are good and they nut-up and accept full responsibility when things go sour. He does neither. Is he a good coach? Most of the time. Good leader? very debatable.

Well i agree on most part. But none of his players cried at at the podium. They took it like men and made no excuses. That too is a reflection on Keeler as a coach and leader. He may be a tool but he at least teaches his players to be better.

www.KinderGentlerMK.edu

EdubAlum
December 10th, 2016, 06:37 AM

Even worse. He threw his qb under the bus too. What coach does that?

milleniumkat
December 10th, 2016, 06:44 AM
Even worse. He threw his qb under the bus too. What coach does that?

I have less of a problem with that then i do his admission that the didn't think there was a chance he played all week, then decided he would at game time...

and THEN continued to go to the kid that hasn't practiced all week when he could see his timing was off and he was not effective.

THAT is more damning to me then just idol words. He's got a Damn good back up that took all the snaps this week, let him have a go. Especially when it's now 21-0 and you've picked up one first down. That's just mind numbingly dumb to me.

I care less about what a coach says after a game and more about what they do during a game.

www.KinderGentlerMK.edu

kalm
December 10th, 2016, 08:02 AM
http://www.anygivensaturday.com/images/SeamusLight/misc/quote_icon.png Originally Posted by milleniumkat http://www.anygivensaturday.com/images/SeamusLight/buttons/viewpost-right.png (http://www.anygivensaturday.com/showthread.php?p=2431715#post2431715)

www.KinderGentlerMK.edu (http://www.kindergentlermk.edu/)

^^^^what this guy said. Keeler just knows how to get his teams ready to play in the playoffs. Keeler is 18-5 in the playoffs, and this stands as the highest winning percentage among all active coaches with at least 15 playoff games.

RootinFerDukes
December 10th, 2016, 08:54 AM
One of the baffling things to me last night, especially once it became 21-0 or 28-0, Briscoe clearly wasn't getting it done. His throws were not good and I wondered if he was truly 100% recovered from his injury. It also didn't help that he may have been the least mobile starting QB I've ever seen watching college football.
Anyways, I wondered, what the hell does shsu have to lose by putting in their back up QB and hoping he can execute better? That was just poor coaching by keeler.

Longhorn
December 10th, 2016, 10:32 AM
Well i agree on most part. But none of his players cried at at the podium. They took it like men and made no excuses. That too is a reflection on Keeler as a coach and leader. He may be a tool but he at least teaches his players to be better.

What? Keeler is supposed to get credit because his players didn't cry? There's no crying in football.