PDA

View Full Version : FCS Quarterfinals and later rounds changes

IBleedYellow
December 5th, 2016, 07:53 PM
Apparently there are some changes coming down the pipe.

Starting this weekend home teams can't play any intro videos and I guess other fan experience type events are being removed.

The **** is this stupid ****?!

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

citdog
December 5th, 2016, 07:58 PM

Starting this weekend home teams can't play any intro videos and I guess other fan experience type events are being removed.

https://theamericanreligion.files.wordpress.com/2011/12/ncaa-sucks-and-blows.png

Smokey 1
December 5th, 2016, 08:03 PM
I haven't seen a full stadium in the playoffs yet and the NCAA wants to take away from the fan experience. How stupid can you be?

ElCid
December 5th, 2016, 08:11 PM
I am just glad they allowed the Corps to march in. I did notice that they did not display the game stats on the stats board during the game. Wondering if that was the NCAA's doing.

As long as they don't forbid our cannons in the future. We might have to turn then on the NCAA if that happens.

http://www.anygivensaturday.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=24024&stc=1http://www.anygivensaturday.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=24026&stc=1

Nickels
December 5th, 2016, 08:17 PM
The NCAA is a pathetic joke. How about you give us atleast peewee level officiating instead of worrying about ****ing intro videos?

A sad as it is to say, the NCAA and NFL are making football nearly unwatchable. What are we going to be left with in 20 years?

Professor Chaos
December 5th, 2016, 08:17 PM
Someone obviously bitched about it. Can only speculate as to who...

Nickels
December 5th, 2016, 08:18 PM
I haven't seen a full stadium in the playoffs yet and the NCAA wants to take away from the fan experience. How stupid can you be?
Only time this week I'll be agreeing with a JMU fan.

What's the ****ing point? I don't get it.

IBleedYellow
December 5th, 2016, 08:24 PM
https://youtu.be/QD46kiPR_Rw

taper
December 5th, 2016, 08:30 PM
I am just glad they allowed the Corps to march in. I did notice that they did not display the game stats on the stats board during the game. Wondering if that was the NCAA's doing.

As long as they don't forbid our cannons in the future. We might have to turn then on the NCAA if that happens.

http://www.anygivensaturday.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=24024&stc=1http://www.anygivensaturday.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=24026&stc=1

NDSU didn't have the stats board at our first home playoff game way back when. We didn't have enough data cables strung through the building to run those and the extra cameras. Same thing?

RootinFerDukes
December 5th, 2016, 08:31 PM
At the JMU game this weekend, my wife went to browse in our in-stadium JMU merchandise store.
It was completely vacant except for a table set up with NCAA Fcs playoffs items and apparel. The employee just said the NCAA mandates that we can't sell home team merchandise during playoff games and only NCAA merchandise.
She came back and told me about it and even the group next to us overhearing laughed at the rule.

Seriously? You think people give a **** about a t-shirt that just says Fcs playoffs 2016? Spend that wasted money on travel costs and it would be less wasteful.

Nickels
December 5th, 2016, 08:32 PM
Can we all agree to boo the **** out of anything NCAA related during the Natty? I mean undeniable hatred boos. Like Kapernick burning the flag mid-field boos. I want to see the worthless suited losers scared and flustering while spewing their bull****.

taper
December 5th, 2016, 08:33 PM
Before we get out the pitchforks is there a source for this? Nothing pops up on a quick google.

Green1
December 5th, 2016, 08:34 PM
What sort of unfair advantage does the NCAA think is being gained?

Nickels
December 5th, 2016, 08:35 PM
Before we get out the pitchforks is there a source for this? Nothing pops up on a quick google.
I dont even care if it is true. They've done enough with their pointless playoff rules to piss just about all of us off already.

They're worthless maggots. They leach off kids for their own self gain. They do NOTHING to enhance college sports. NOTHING.

Bisonoline
December 5th, 2016, 08:37 PM

Its always been that way. Did you notice that the 50\50 wasnt announced and the werent selling tickets in the dome?

They cant show just NDSU stuff on the video boards. Thats why tou will see a generic video of many different schools and sports.

BisonTru
December 5th, 2016, 08:39 PM
Its always been that way. Did you notice that the 50\50 wasnt announced and the werent selling tickets in the dome?

They cant show just NDSU stuff on the video boards. Thats why tou will see a generic video of many different schools and sports.

I bought 50/50 tickets in the dome.

Nickels
December 5th, 2016, 08:39 PM

Might as well cover any team logos on Campus. Change the university entrance signs while they're at it. Don't want visitors to feel like they're...visiting.

Bisonoline
December 5th, 2016, 08:45 PM
Might as well cover any team logos on Campus. Change the university entrance signs while they're at it. Don't want visitors to feel like they're...visiting.

Plus the NCAA supplies the programs for the game and they are ****ty and they never have enough. Oh and the wont let you sell your extra tickets in the lobby. You have to be outside.

The NCAA just sucks dead dog dick. Its just that simple.

jmu007
December 5th, 2016, 08:47 PM
I was wondering why our team intro didn't play before they ran out onto the field. Figured someone had just messed up, but sounds line the NCAA police F'ed it up.

Nickels
December 5th, 2016, 08:48 PM
Plus the NCAA supplies the programs for the game and they are ****ty and they never have enough.
LOL. They tried to whore off their bland $8 program last Saturday and our entire section laughed them off. None sold.

Bisonoline
December 5th, 2016, 08:49 PM
I bought 50/50 tickets in the dome.

You went through the doors in to the lobby. You werent in the concourses.

BisonTru
December 5th, 2016, 08:56 PM
You went through the doors in to the lobby. You werent in the concourses.

Technically yes, that must have been why they were setup that way, but you could purchase them after being admitted in anyway.

Bisonoline
December 5th, 2016, 08:59 PM
Technically yes, that must have been why they were setup that way, but you could purchase them after being admitted in anyway.

Yes but they were on the other side of the door. And the PA guy didnt announce the winning number. It was just posted on the video board. No check was presented.

milleniumkat
December 5th, 2016, 09:00 PM

We've experienced that for several years. We have a small collection of students called "kat Krazies" behind the opposing bench that can't do their thing during the playoffs.

www.MKsavedAGS.com

IBleedYellow
December 5th, 2016, 09:14 PM

Always been this way?

Remember the first FCS game when we followed the letter to the T...

Then went to the next game and figured out the NCAA didn't care?

Someone reminded them, and this is the result.

Bisonoline
December 5th, 2016, 09:34 PM
Always been this way?

GT got a clarification from the NCAA and they said --treat it like a home game---BUT these are the stipulations.

katstrapper
December 5th, 2016, 09:34 PM

If this is the case then they just need to start playing the games in neutral sites.

I heard a funny announcement at the SHSU game on Saturday. The PA announcer said " fans, the NCAA requires a 10 minute cool off period after the game is complete. Please do not go onto the field until this time has passed and the players have left the field "

I was like WTF? I have never heard that ....

FUBeAR
December 5th, 2016, 09:41 PM
On the other hand, look what the NCAA has done. We are all agreeing on something - what prigs they are.

No fighting / trolling / name-calling in this thread at all.

If we could just send the NCAA Executives to the Middle East, they'd have that situation resolved in just a few weeks!

footballer23
December 5th, 2016, 10:04 PM
I would like to point out that they play the intro videos for both teams at the National Championship game... but they can't be played in our home stadium? Makes sense...

The Yo Show
December 5th, 2016, 10:18 PM
That's because it is now a neutral site game, therefore no advantage for intro videos xdrunkyx

The Yo Show
December 5th, 2016, 10:21 PM
In all honesty though, is there a source to this?

IBleedYellow
December 5th, 2016, 10:24 PM
In all honesty though, is there a source to this?
https://twitter.com/Swany8/status/805952549966770178

Lehigh Football Nation
December 5th, 2016, 10:31 PM
Now look, let's see the NCAA's side of this

I got nothing. What a dumb ass rule. But sadly not surprising.

If I'm running the NCAA, I'm trying everything in my power to make a marketable cost-containment playoff game with all the trimmings, like the bands, streamers, video boards, you name it. The publicity off of something like that at the FCS level isn't insignificant - it fits in with their coverage of swim meets, soccer finals, and the like - student-athletes graduating, getting a great playoff, college football experience. Instead, the NCAA seems hell-bent on sanitizing it so that it has all the charm of a padded room. At this point, I wouldn't be surprised if the NCAA next mandated that the games be played in empty stadiums.

Daytripper
December 5th, 2016, 10:35 PM
https://twitter.com/Swany8/status/805952549966770178

That is not really a source. That is a reaction to an unconfirmed (nonexistent?) source.

Bisonoline
December 5th, 2016, 10:36 PM
Now look, let's see the NCAA's side of this

I got nothing. What a dumb ass rule. But sadly not surprising.

If I'm running the NCAA, I'm trying everything in my power to make a marketable cost-containment playoff game with all the trimmings, like the bands, streamers, video boards, you name it. The publicity off of something like that at the FCS level isn't insignificant - it fits in with their coverage of swim meets, soccer finals, and the like - student-athletes graduating, getting a great playoff, college football experience. Instead, the NCAA seems hell-bent on sanitizing it so that it has all the charm of a padded room. At this point, I wouldn't be surprised if the NCAA next mandated that the games be played in empty stadiums.

You gotta remember that this is the same bunch of idiots who finally ALLOWED the schools to provide cream cheese with the bagels. Yep you cant make this stuff up.

Professor Chaos
December 5th, 2016, 10:39 PM
That is not really a source. That is a reaction to an unconfirmed (nonexistent?) source.
Well, he is the "Director of Marketing and Fan Engagement" at NDSU. That's a more legit source than most newspapers if you ask me. This rule would directly effect his job this Saturday so he's very invested in it.

Daytripper
December 5th, 2016, 10:46 PM
Well, he is the "Director of Marketing and Fan Engagement" at NDSU. That's a more legit source than most newspapers if you ask me. This rule would directly effect his job this Saturday so he's very invested in it.

Still not an original source. Document? Link? Statement? Not saying he's wrong, just saying there is no first-hand source.

Nickels
December 5th, 2016, 10:50 PM
Still not an original source. Document? Link? Statement? Not saying he's wrong, just saying there is no first-hand source.
You kidding me? Doesn't get any better than that. Do you think the NCAA is going to make a grand statement for an unpopular policy?

Bisonoline
December 5th, 2016, 10:52 PM

JFC. xsmhxxthumbsdownxxnonoxxasswhipx

Daytripper
December 5th, 2016, 10:54 PM
You kidding me? Doesn't get any better than that. Do you think the NCAA is going to make a grand statement for an unpopular policy?

He is an NDSU employee, not an NCAA employee. Once again, for simple minded people, it is not an original source. I AM NOT SAYING IT IS WRONG, I am just saying there is no source.

ASU33
December 5th, 2016, 10:55 PM
Unbelievable

FargoBison
December 6th, 2016, 12:25 AM
Typical NCAA...mess with something that never needed messing with. I wish the FCS had the ability to do their own playoff like the FBS.

dungeonjoe
December 6th, 2016, 06:51 AM

"Cannonfire? What do you mean cannonfire? That's just our NCAA approved rifle team practicing with large-bore weapons..."

CHIP72
December 6th, 2016, 10:14 AM
Can we all agree to boo the **** out of anything NCAA related during the Natty? I mean undeniable hatred boos. Like Kapernick burning the flag mid-field boos. I want to see the worthless suited losers scared and flustering while spewing their bull****.

Just pretend that Bud Selig, a guy who had no problems undermining the integrity of MLB, was selected to be enshrined in the Baseball Hall of Fame.

Oh wait...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

clenz
December 6th, 2016, 10:41 AM
Always been this way?

So you're upset that NDSU finally got told:

http://s2.quickmeme.com/img/aa/aae2c5f462de77979a9f6cbc97ed99860d5e3c1b703041122f 5538d237a3754f.jpg

*note, I'm not taking the NCAA's side on this but the rule has long standing been that video board control and all of that goes to the NCAA and that all "home field" stuff is to cease in the playoffs.

clenz
December 6th, 2016, 10:42 AM
If this is the case then they just need to start playing the games in neutral sites.

I heard a funny announcement at the SHSU game on Saturday. The PA announcer said " fans, the NCAA requires a 10 minute cool off period after the game is complete. Please do not go onto the field until this time has passed and the players have left the field "

The NCAA has long had a rule against fans on the field after playoff games. I remember the UNI student section being warned of this as far back as 2007.

Bisonator
December 6th, 2016, 11:00 AM
**** them! What are they going to do about it? Put Missouri State on probation for 5 years to punish NDSU for playing their intro video?xlolx

Bison56
December 6th, 2016, 11:18 AM
What is the point of this rule?

Serpentor
December 6th, 2016, 11:24 AM
LOL. They tried to whore off their bland $8 program last Saturday and our entire section laughed them off. None sold.

They have some nerve charging anything for programs. Everyone has smart phones these days, what information are you going to get from a program that you can't find in three clicks besides ads for the nearest Mexican restaurant?

jmu007
December 6th, 2016, 11:26 AM
Appears this past weekend JMU skirted this, sorta, by playing their 10 second countdown before the team ran out. Normally there would be a video after the clock hit 0, but I guess the NCAA police were there to make sure we forfeited if we played that video.

Ugh... weak sauce NCAA.

gsf23nd
December 6th, 2016, 12:42 PM
According to one of the Bison beat writers (Kolpack) NDSU was told they couldn't use their intro video last week, but they convinced the site rep that they didn't have enough time to change it so they let them run it.

This week is a no go on the video.

GAD
December 6th, 2016, 12:55 PM
Typical NCAA...mess with something that never needed messing with. I wish the FCS had the ability to do their own playoff like the FBS.
The SWAC suggested that everyone said NO!

McNeese72
December 6th, 2016, 03:11 PM

McNeese has had this after every home game for several years now.

Doc

Matt
December 6th, 2016, 03:19 PM
At the JMU game this weekend, my wife went to browse in our in-stadium JMU merchandise store.
It was completely vacant except for a table set up with NCAA Fcs playoffs items and apparel. The employee just said the NCAA mandates that we can't sell home team merchandise during playoff games and only NCAA merchandise.
She came back and told me about it and even the group next to us overhearing laughed at the rule.

Seriously? You think people give a **** about a t-shirt that just says Fcs playoffs 2016? Spend that wasted money on travel costs and it would be less wasteful.

Ours was the same way in RD. 1. Exact same thing. So ****in dumb.

Lehigh Football Nation
December 6th, 2016, 03:26 PM
I have a suggestion for NDSU. Instead of the intro video, use some Nine Inch Nails with this on the video board:

http://4.bp.blogspot.com/_wKC1kZJ9EgI/SkoHKL2HBLI/AAAAAAAAAUc/uxMYJmLZe8Y/s400/NIN%2BScene%2Bmissing.JPG

Professor Chaos
December 6th, 2016, 04:00 PM
And this makes it even dumber... xrolleyesx

https://twitter.com/FGOSPORTSWRITER/status/806169602644246528

On the bright side all the phone strobes inside of the Fargodome will look even brighter without the video boards projecting light.

IBleedYellow
December 6th, 2016, 04:30 PM
https://twitter.com/Swany8/status/806234562070245376

Ermmm

Lehigh Football Nation
December 6th, 2016, 04:41 PM
^ Oho, so Stiegelmeier has now inadvertently highlighted the NCAA's hypocritical stance on the playoffs, that they're "neutral" but they're at home venues.

xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx

I'm also sure baseball regionals at LSU are completely devoid of home-field advantage for LSU as well

Bison56
December 6th, 2016, 04:47 PM

Ermmm

http://gifrific.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/02/Taylor-Swift-Confused-look.gif (http://www.google.com/url?sa=i&rct=j&q=&esrc=s&source=images&cd=&cad=rja&uact=8&ved=0ahUKEwjXv6On0uDQAhUGllQKHQlaDr0QjRwIBw&url=http%3A%2F%2Fgifrific.com%2Ftaylor-swift-confused-look%2F&bvm=bv.140915558,bs.2,d.cGw&psig=AFQjCNFYsSAhf5Bva4TFmGmyG75X-M4i3g&ust=1481150588180971)

TheKingpin28
December 6th, 2016, 05:49 PM

Ermmm

I have yet to find something bad about him, until now. That is a joke and he is a joke. He is actually afraid of losing and just proved that he might be the biggest pussy at the Fargodome this weekend.

cx500d
December 6th, 2016, 06:49 PM

Fargodome has been pretty full.

Smokey 1
December 6th, 2016, 07:54 PM
Fargodome has been pretty full.

Yeah I didn't see your game but I did figure you guys would probably fill it up. I didn't see all of the games but the ones I did see weren't that full. Even the JMU stadium looked only about 2/3 full.

gsf23nd
December 6th, 2016, 07:54 PM

Ermmm

so if SDSU was playing at EWU would they ask them to tear up the red turf?

BisonTru
December 6th, 2016, 08:00 PM
so if SDSU was playing at EWU would they ask them to tear up the red turf?

Well, that would be understandable. Richmond send the request.

SDSUAlum08
December 6th, 2016, 10:21 PM

Ermmm

He doesn't actually believe that. Stig is just saying what the NCAA believes.

The Yo Show
December 6th, 2016, 10:34 PM
Well, that would be understandable. Richmond send the request.

Why haven't they sent that request in yet? xlolx It is clearly a violation of NCAA rules to not have the field adorned in the color designated by the NCAA site appointee. It also has to be christened with a bottle filled with players' tears and blood thrown onto the field 12 hours before kickoff time by the NCAA president, lest the players forget who they make money for.

Thumper 76
December 6th, 2016, 11:10 PM
According to one of the Bison beat writers (Kolpack) NDSU was told they couldn't use their intro video last week, but they convinced the site rep that they didn't have enough time to change it so they let them run it.

This week is a no go on the video.
But, but, but.........IT HAS TO HAVE BEEN SDSU WHO CAUSED THIS! NDSU HAS NEVER DONE OR ATTEMPTED ANYTHING UNDERHANDED OR SNEAKY OR ANYTHING THATS EVER BEEN REMOTELY DIRTY IN FOOTBALL! CANNOT BE TRUE NDSU IS AS CLEAN AS FRESHLY FALLEN SNOW=Tons of bison fans

Sent from my RCT6303W87M7 using Tapatalk

DoWe
December 7th, 2016, 01:08 AM
I thought everyone here loves the FCS playoffs. Ask yourself, would you really rather be bowling? If not, suck it up and enjoy the scraps the NCAA ladles out.

Thumper 76
December 7th, 2016, 09:07 AM
GODDAMN JACKRABBITS! FAUX OUTRAGE!
https://twitter.com/fgosportswriter/status/806173771358994437

Professor Chaos
December 7th, 2016, 09:11 AM
GODDAMN JACKRABBITS! FAUX OUTRAGE!
https://twitter.com/fgosportswriter/status/806173771358994437

ISIS is still your fault though...

Thumper 76
December 7th, 2016, 09:13 AM
ISIS is still your fault though...

Nobody's perfect

mango433
December 7th, 2016, 09:20 AM

Correct me if I'm wrong, but that Swanson works for Bison Illustrated. It's the other Swanson (Justin?) that works for NDSU.

And he comes off as extremely whiney.

Hammerhead
December 7th, 2016, 09:39 AM
I noticed last season that 50/50 tickets were being sold in the concourses for regular season games and only in the lobby (before the ticket gates) and this year we've always seen them in the lobby.

The NCAA also hides the Shooting Star Casino ad in the SE corner.

walliver
December 7th, 2016, 09:40 AM
As far as I know, this has been NCAA policy for the last 10-15 years.
The 10-minute "cool down" policy has been present ever since the sledgehammer incident in 2002. http://www.bgdailynews.com/teams-brawl-following-game/article_de031fb9-4fa8-57ef-82f2-38e7771faf42.html

In theory, the host school is hosting the game on behalf of the NCAA. Sirens and cannons are not supposed to go off after home teams scores, etc. The NCAA has just been very slack and inconsistent with enforcement of the rules.

Like most NCAA rules, they are enforced selectively only against certain entities.

Professor Chaos
December 7th, 2016, 09:44 AM
Correct me if I'm wrong, but that Swanson works for Bison Illustrated. It's the other Swanson (Justin?) that works for NDSU.

Ah! Yeah, you're right. They're twins so impossible to tell apart.

Justin actually joined the dark side for a year or two and was employed at some college in Brookings, SD before coming back home. ;)

Bison56
December 7th, 2016, 09:48 AM
Nobody's perfect

That's like your opinion.

Bisonoline
December 7th, 2016, 10:29 AM

The Swanson who writes occasionally for BI is a lawyer. And the other Swanson works for NDSU in marketing. He used to be at SDSU.

The Yo Show
December 8th, 2016, 01:14 AM
Victory for fcs schools everywhere!
The NCAA released the following statement Wednesday, Dec. 7:
“The NCAA desires to have a great atmosphere to create a positive experience for the student-athletes, coaches, and fans in attendance at all rounds of the 2016 NCAA Division I Football Championship. After considerable discussion and feedback from the membership, a determination has been made to allow host institutions the option of showing their normal pregame introductory video the remainder of the championship. If the host institution chooses to show their normal team introduction video, the visiting team will also be provided the opportunity to show their standard video.”

BucBisonAtLarge
December 8th, 2016, 02:51 AM
Victory for fcs schools everywhere!
The NCAA released the following statement Wednesday, Dec. 7:
“The NCAA desires to have a great atmosphere to create a positive experience for the student-athletes, coaches, and fans in attendance at all rounds of the 2016 NCAA Division I Football Championship. After considerable discussion and feedback from the membership, a determination has been made to allow host institutions the option of showing their normal pregame introductory video the remainder of the championship. If the host institution chooses to show their normal team introduction video, the visiting team will also be provided the opportunity to show their standard video.”

Heh
Carry on
xpopcornx

Catbooster
December 8th, 2016, 02:20 PM
As far as I know, this has been NCAA policy for the last 10-15 years.
The 10-minute "cool down" policy has been present ever since the sledgehammer incident in 2002. http://www.bgdailynews.com/teams-brawl-following-game/article_de031fb9-4fa8-57ef-82f2-38e7771faf42.html

In theory, the host school is hosting the game on behalf of the NCAA. Sirens and cannons are not supposed to go off after home teams scores, etc. The NCAA has just been very slack and inconsistent with enforcement of the rules.

Like most NCAA rules, they are enforced selectively only against certain entities.

My understanding as well. For a number of years we have had lots of things we normally do during home games that we couldn't do when hosting playoff games. But then I watch a playoff game held at other schools and some of them do things we were told we couldn't. I suspect they haven't changed any rules but might be trying to enforce them this year? Or maybe they're just trying to enforce them in Fargo this year.

The Yo Show
December 8th, 2016, 03:17 PM
Here is the source for my previous post: http://www.inforum.com/sports/4175168-ncaa-reverses-policy-allowing-ndsu-play-thunderstruck-intro-video-playoffs

Professor Chaos
December 13th, 2016, 11:23 AM
JMU's intro video will be played in the Fargodome as their teams comes out onto the field after the national anthem.

From Bison fans everywhere I'd like to say "you're welcome JMU" for us standing up to the draconian NCAA and fighting for your right to play your intro video for playoff games. Such trailblazers we are...

IBleedYellow
December 13th, 2016, 11:32 AM
I expect either NDSU fans to boo LOUDLY or yell Let's Go Bison during the duration of that intro video.

CockyGeek
December 14th, 2016, 03:31 PM
Remember when JSU didn't even bother to bring their video to Frisco earlier this year? Good times...

Bison56
December 14th, 2016, 03:50 PM
They didn't bother to bring the football team either. :D

TheKingpin28
December 14th, 2016, 08:23 PM

https://cdn.meme.am/cache/instances/folder757/57315757.jpg

ASU33
December 14th, 2016, 08:25 PM

xlolx