PDA

View Full Version : AGS SDSU @NDSU Roll Call

Thumper 76
December 5th, 2016, 05:57 PM
So I know I will be there, along with IBY, BF02, POD Knows, TransAmBison, and others. Hoping to get an idea of who else is coming to try to meet up with them during the tailgate, and drinks celebrating a hard fought game afterwards.

Sent from my RCT6303W87M7 using Tapatalk

BisonFan02
December 5th, 2016, 06:10 PM
Maybe.

TheRevSFA
December 5th, 2016, 06:13 PM
Me.

No I really won't get there but have a beer for the Rev

Evolution Prime
December 5th, 2016, 06:20 PM
I will attend in the game.

POD Knows
December 5th, 2016, 06:22 PM
So I know I will be there, along with IBY, BF02, POD Knows, TransAmBison, and others. Hoping to get an idea of who else is coming to try to meet up with them during the tailgate, and drinks celebrating a hard fought game afterwards.

I will be there but I am getting my playoff face on already, I went out of my way to run over a squirrel today and the kid that was going down the street ahead of me on his Razor was lucky he tucked into his driveway or he would have been next.

I have two conference calls tomorrow afternoon, those assholes on those calls better behave or I am going to drive to their houses and strangle their puppies. God, it is only Monday.

TheKingpin28
December 5th, 2016, 06:28 PM
I will not. I will be in Bozeman (Gallatin Gateway specifically) for a 4 day booze fest for a wedding of a good friend. I will be there in spirit so Winterborn, don't worry, Thumper 76 will make up for the "whiny" voice.

Professor Chaos
December 5th, 2016, 06:32 PM
I'll be there but probably not in the tailgating lot. Generally for the 11AM quarterfinal kickoffs my group Labbys-gates (which means get sloshed at Labbys east of the Fargodome) when they open at 8AM.

Thumper 76
December 5th, 2016, 06:38 PM
I will not. I will be in Bozeman (Gallatin Gateway specifically) for a 4 day booze fest for a wedding of a good friend. I will be there in spirit so Winterborn, don't worry, Thumper 76 will make up for the "whiny" voice.
I can imitate it perfectly xnodx

Bison Fan in NW MN
December 5th, 2016, 06:41 PM
I'll be at the game. Will try and stop by the tailgate.

Thumper 76
December 5th, 2016, 06:44 PM
I will be there but I am getting my playoff face on already, I went out of my way to run over a squirrel today and the kid that was going down the street ahead of me on his Razor was lucky he tucked into his driveway or he would have been next.

I have two conference calls tomorrow afternoon, those assholes on those calls better behave or I am going to drive to their houses and strangle their puppies. God, it is only Monday.
POD KNOWS SMASH!!!!!!! RAWRRRRR xlolx

POD Knows
December 5th, 2016, 06:47 PM
POD KNOWS SMASH!!!!!!! RAWRRRRR xlolx

You getting smart with me, you have one foot in the truck of my wife's Nissan Altima.

X-Factor
December 5th, 2016, 06:47 PM
I'm gonna be there, along with any (within reason!) requests for MPLS microbrews.

Thumper 76
December 5th, 2016, 06:48 PM
You getting smart with me, you have one foot in the truck of my wife's Nissan Altima.
I have never been accused of being smart sir. Remember I was on team RV last weekend!

POD Knows
December 5th, 2016, 06:55 PM
I have never been accused of being smart sir. Remember I was on team RV last weekend!

Well played but being on team RV could quickly change to being on team Non-RV or something, this is playoff week, logic and loyalty are out the window.

Bisonoline
December 5th, 2016, 07:23 PM
Of course I will be there. We will be serving kielbasa from Nueskes in WI. They will be served on pretzel buns so get there early as they wont last long.

BisonFan02
December 5th, 2016, 07:30 PM
Of course I will be there. We will be serving kielbasa from Nueskes in WI. They will be served on pretzel buns so get there early as they wont last long.

xholyx

TheKingpin28
December 5th, 2016, 08:39 PM

My heart just skipped a beat and my arteries are telling me to venture there. Man you and Tatanka make some of the best food I have ever had!

TheKingpin28
December 5th, 2016, 08:41 PM
I can imitate it perfectly xnodx

Where's my whiskey!?!? Oh it aint that bad out... I could really go for a beer.

Yeah I think you will do fine.

RabidRabbit
December 6th, 2016, 05:58 AM
Unfortunately I won't be there live, but will be enjoying game in the Frisco, TX BWW. Hope to see some other DFW AGSers in "Fargo South" 🐰🏈

Sent from my LG-K373 using Tapatalk

Gil Dobie
December 6th, 2016, 07:38 AM
Another family member is going to this game, I'm armchair quarterbacking this weekend.

mango433
December 6th, 2016, 08:00 AM
Wish I could be there but unfortunately not going to be able to make the 6 hour drive.

CappinHard
December 6th, 2016, 10:12 AM
I'll be there if I can find 2 affordable tickets!

BisonBacker
December 6th, 2016, 10:14 AM
I'll be there!!

Bisonator
December 6th, 2016, 11:25 AM
Gonna miss this one. Will be watching on the tube though. Have fun guys and down a red eye for me! GO BISON!

Drblankstare
December 6th, 2016, 01:29 PM
Ill be there xthumbsupx

CappinHard
December 6th, 2016, 06:45 PM
I ended up getting 2 tickets out of the SDSU allotment, so I'll be there!

i_got_a_fever
December 6th, 2016, 08:04 PM
Got the call tonight. I'll be there.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

BisonTru
December 7th, 2016, 08:20 AM
Got my tickets this morning, I'll be there. Won't be there early enough to tailgate, tho.

Gil Dobie
December 7th, 2016, 08:23 AM
Got my tickets this morning, I'll be there. Won't be there early enough to tailgate, tho.

Unless you have parking lined up, don't get there too late. We arrived an hour early for a game, and the parking lot was full. Found a spot on campus, but it took a while to get out after the game.

BisonTru
December 7th, 2016, 08:48 AM
Unless you have parking lined up, don't get there too late. We arrived an hour early for a game, and the parking lot was full. Found a spot on campus, but it took a while to get out after the game.

We usually park at the FargoNorth Coliseum on 17th and 10th. If you can't find parking in the main lot just take a left on 17th and try over there. We've never found it full even when they have games their.

POD Knows
December 7th, 2016, 09:03 AM
We usually park at the FargoNorth Coliseum on 17th and 10th. If you can't find parking in the main lot just take a left on 17th and try over there. We've never found it full even when they have games their.

That is a little bit of a walk but I bet it is quick getting out of there. Hell, if you took the long way back and walked up 19th avenue, you could hit a few bars on the way to the lot over there.

BisonTru
December 7th, 2016, 09:07 AM
That is a little bit of a walk but I bet it is quick getting out of there. Hell, if you took the long way back and walked up 19th avenue, you could hit a few bars on the way to the lot over there.

Yep. I live in MHD, so we jump out on 17th down fourth and over. Even if we tailgate we usually park there and walk over.

Hammerhead
December 7th, 2016, 09:35 AM
Mrs. Hammerhead and I will be at the game, but we don't do the tailgating thing.

Winterborn
December 7th, 2016, 03:43 PM
I will be there provided I can get out of Chicago. You never know what will happen when you go through O'Hare......................

Catbooster
December 8th, 2016, 01:24 PM
At the Gallatin Gateway Inn? Great old place - that's where I got married. Hope you enjoy the trip - but what kind of friend schedules his wedding on a playoff day? xdrunkyx

i_got_a_fever
December 8th, 2016, 01:32 PM
At the Gallatin Gateway Inn? Great old place - that's where I got married. Hope you enjoy the trip - but what kind of friend schedules his wedding on a playoff day? xdrunkyx

Apparently one from the state of Montana. He knew there wouldn't be a playoff day.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

POD Knows
December 8th, 2016, 01:43 PM
Hey, let me know if you can't make it, I would need to find a home for the ticket if you can't get back.

Thumper 76
December 8th, 2016, 02:11 PM
Hey, let me know if you can't make it, I would need to find a home for the ticket if you can't get back.

Who can't make it?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

POD Knows
December 8th, 2016, 02:38 PM
Who can't make it?

Winterborn said he was coming back through O'Hare, the place where on time arrivals go to die.

CappinHard
December 8th, 2016, 03:51 PM
Turns out the wife and I are driving up tonight to make sure we're not driving through a blizzard tomorrow morning. How early do I need to get to the stadium for decent parking, and is there a certain lot I should go to? Not sure if I'll convince wifey to do some tailgating.

POD Knows
December 8th, 2016, 03:59 PM
Turns out the wife and I are driving up tonight to make sure we're not driving through a blizzard tomorrow morning. How early do I need to get to the stadium for decent parking, and is there a certain lot I should go to? Not sure if I'll convince wifey to do some tailgating.

6:00 a.m.

CappinHard
December 8th, 2016, 04:14 PM
6:00 a.m.

Huh, should have just slept in the car and saved the money on a hotel. Thanks for the help.

BisonTru
December 8th, 2016, 05:14 PM
Huh, should have just slept in the car and saved the money on a hotel. Thanks for the help.

If you get their early you can park on the east side of the dome. That's non tailgating parking, but it will fill up. It's also I think $5. I usually park at the Fargo North Colliseum and walk a couple blocks over. That's free. I would say you need to be their an hour early for the Dome lot. I've never had an issue finding a spot at the colliseum, and we're usually their with 40 minutes to kickoff.

If you guys want to tailgate I would park in either lot and just wander over. I'd prolly PM Thumper and see where he's at or just go and wander.

Red squares are the entrances to the dome lot. Blue square is the Fargo North parking.

University is a one way heading south so if you come down 19th and go by the Dome lot (heading south on University) if they are full just hang a left on 17th and go over to the Colliseum.

http://www.anygivensaturday.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=24071&stc=1

Gil Dobie
December 8th, 2016, 05:21 PM
We got there an hour before kick-off for the Chuck South game and the East Dome lot was full. To be safe, 2 hours early should get you in, 2.5 hours will get you closer to the door. The Fargodome lobby is open most of the time and they have the Bookstore goods in the lobby. 2 hours if you need handicapped parking. There has usually be at least 1 spot open at the 2 hour mark.

Winterborn
December 8th, 2016, 05:27 PM

Who can't make it?

Winterborn said he was coming back through O'Hare, the place where on time arrivals go to die.

That place gets to be a bigger mess every time I go though it...... Good news is I made it back. Landing in the Twin Cities was a bit interesting, thought the plane was going to go sideways into the runway but at the last minute the pilot got it straightened out. Landing in Fargo was much better. Can always tell the new pilots from those who got a few hours under their belts.

BisonTru
December 8th, 2016, 05:50 PM
We got there an hour before kick-off for the Chuck South game and the East Dome lot was full. To be safe, 2 hours early should get you in, 2.5 hours will get you closer to the door. The Fargodome lobby is open most of the time and they have the Bookstore goods in the lobby. 2 hours if you need handicapped parking. There has usually be at least 1 spot open at the 2 hour mark.

The Chuck S game prolly filled up quick because of walk over tailgaters. I would expect it not to fill up that fast this week but you never know. Tailgaters should be less with the weather.

CappinHard
December 8th, 2016, 05:57 PM
The Chuck S game prolly filled up quick because of walk over tailgaters. I would expect it not to fill up that fast this week but you never know. Tailgaters should be less with the weather.

Thanks BisonTru, I appreciate it. Must spread rep.

POD Knows
December 8th, 2016, 06:02 PM

I don't know when the lots fill up, I usually get there early although it seems like I get there later each year. If you are there 90 minutes prior to the game you can get spots just about anywhere I think. We usually park in the east lot and walk to tailgating.

Thumper 76
December 8th, 2016, 07:34 PM
So we doing this before or after the game?
http://stream1.gifsoup.com/view5/20131211/4920403/anchorman-fight-o.gif

CappinHard
December 8th, 2016, 08:15 PM
So we doing this before or after the game?
http://stream1.gifsoup.com/view5/20131211/4920403/anchorman-fight-o.gif

Tonight's top story: The sewers run red with Bison blood.

TheKingpin28
December 8th, 2016, 10:19 PM

Brokrn Heart Ranch just at the foothills. He scheduled this about 1 year ago and he is a MSU-Moorhead fan anyways. I would not miss this at all.

X-Factor
December 8th, 2016, 10:23 PM
I would imagine with the temperature, there will be plenty of people that just walk up before kickoff. Tailgate lots will be full, don't get me wrong, but not like it is in October.

FargoBison
December 8th, 2016, 10:26 PM
http://i.imgur.com/DjiNn7o.gif

mgbison
December 9th, 2016, 03:49 AM
The 11am kickoff kinda sucks, but I'd imagine BWW and Labby's open at 8am for the game.

My wife was unsure of tailgating in the cold, but everyone has heated tents, and she now loves it. The cold is a little misleading, the majority of the tailgating setups have huge enclosed tents with space heaters. It's almost more fun when its cold because it's mainly just adults and everyone seems to have an extra drink (or shot) or two.