December 3rd, 2016, 08:15 PM
Spiders on the red turf

dudeitsaid
December 3rd, 2016, 08:40 PM
Spiders on the red turf

No

Milktruck74
December 3rd, 2016, 08:56 PM
I'm not calling it for them!!!!!! No, I don't think they can score with EWU.

Eight Legger
December 3rd, 2016, 09:00 PM
I mean, this IS our slogan, so...

http://www.anygivensaturday.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=24009&stc=1

PantherRob82
December 3rd, 2016, 09:11 PM
Hard to think Richmond can overcome everything they have dealt with and another long road trip....that said....xcoffeex

BigHouseClosedEnd
December 3rd, 2016, 09:18 PM
Spiders are playing with house money now.

Matt
December 3rd, 2016, 09:32 PM
Spiders are playing with house money now.

This. Also, we can absolutely score with them. A passing team is what we want to see. Im not saying we will win, but this is not an awful match-up.

spdram
December 3rd, 2016, 09:52 PM
Game scheduled Saturday Dec 10 at 4pm est

kalm
December 4th, 2016, 08:44 AM
This. Also, we can absolutely score with them. A passing team is what we want to see. Im not saying we will win, but this is not an awful match-up.

I had to go check this out and yes, you guys are #2 in passing defense giving up just 149 yards per game. But if you look at your schedule, you really only played one decent passing team which was JMU where Schor threw for 285 and 3 touchdowns and they put up 47 points on you. In fact, JMU and Richmond are the only two CAA teams in the top 50 in FCS passing offense and you avoided playing the 3rd best CAA passing team in Maine. Not at all saying the Spiders aren't great in passing D so it will be an interesting matchup to watch.

I like the way our defense is playing. Even without All Big Sky lb, Miquiyah Zamora we were able to hold the nation's #24 offense scoreless for the last 35 minutes and to just 75 yards of offense in the 2nd half. In other words, I think we can win slug fests if we need to.

Agree with one of the posts that Richmond is playing with house money. Kevin Johnson is impressive and if he stays loose and continues to let er rip, things could be very interesting next week.

kdinva
December 4th, 2016, 08:48 AM
Game scheduled Saturday Dec 10 at 4pm est

Hopefully the local Fox or CW station will pick up the game...

BigHouseClosedEnd
December 4th, 2016, 09:09 AM
I had to go check this out and yes, you guys are #2 in passing defense giving up just 149 yards per game. But if you look at your schedule, you really only played one decent passing team which was JMU where Schor threw for 285 and 3 touchdowns and they put up 47 points on you. In fact, JMU and Richmond are the only two CAA teams in the top 50 in FCS passing offense and you avoided playing the 3rd best CAA passing team in Maine. Not at all saying the Spiders aren't great in passing D so it will be an interesting matchup to watch.

Agreed. We have some good players in our defensive backfield but we haven't been tested like EWU will. In candor, this is probably the last matchup i would have wanted for us, if only because there is so much bad quarterbacking in the CAA.

Richmond is going to need to be about +2 in turnover margin to win this game. Just calling it like i see it.

Matt
December 4th, 2016, 11:54 AM

I like the way our defense is playing. Even without All Big Sky lb, Miquiyah Zamora we were able to hold the nation's #24 offense scoreless for the last 35 minutes and to just 75 yards of offense in the 2nd half. In other words, I think we can win slug fests if we need to.

Agree with one of the posts that Richmond is playing with house money. Kevin Johnson is impressive and if he stays loose and continues to let er rip, things could be very interesting next week.

Youre right about all of this. Obviously EWU will be the favorite, and likely by a touchdown or so. Our DBs are great, but like every other area, they have been ravaged by injuries. It's gonna be tough for sure.

To the point about Schor: you are right that he beat us up. A lot of that is that he runs so well (which i was very wrong about going into that game). He kept our D on its heels. How does EW's QB run?

BigHouseClosedEnd
December 4th, 2016, 11:54 AM
What is the EWU injury situation? I saw someone reference the Eagles being banged up on another thread.

F'N Hawks
December 4th, 2016, 12:02 PM
After what I saw yesterday Richmond will be able to run and score some points on EWU. But their secondary is going to get torched. EWU has three guys better than Mercer and he was too much for Richmond. Spiders better not sit in that zone all day vs. EWU, either.

kalm
December 4th, 2016, 12:37 PM
Gubrud is a legit dual threat. He's now rushed for over 700 yards and 5 TD's. he's the team's leading rusher.

We struggled with red zone offense yesterday and have a tendency to start slow so. Those are things that UR might capitalize on. Plus, Gubrud is still a sophomore and the pressure builds each week.

seattlespider
December 4th, 2016, 12:41 PM
I am currently trying to coordinate how I can make it out to Cheney from Seattle for the game, AND be able to watch the Sounders in MLS Cup. I've been out to Cheney once back in like 1999 or something like that. There was one bar by the stadium. Can't remember what it was called.

Stonewall D
December 4th, 2016, 12:44 PM
These games only come around once in a generation. If you don't go, you will regret it.

Red & Black
December 4th, 2016, 12:54 PM
What is the EWU injury situation? I saw someone reference the Eagles being banged up on another thread.

Very banged up, especially at LB.

BigHouseClosedEnd
December 4th, 2016, 12:58 PM
Very banged up, especially at LB.

How is the Eags' defensive line?

TheKingpin28
December 4th, 2016, 12:58 PM
If UR does not spy Gubrud, this game will be over fast. That guy is the best all-around FCS QB this season and it is not even close*. He finds a way to burn you through the air or the ground depending on what he alone wants to do. If you send 4 all game, he will burn you on the ground. If you send 5-6, he will beat you with his 50/50 balls (more like 90/10 iirc). If you spy him, he will check down and burn you through your zone.

If you want to beat him, you got to get in his head and fast. If you do not, it will be a straight up track meet, and those usually do not bode well for any team facing EWU.

*inb4shsunovembristsgobuttbriscoe

The Pud
December 4th, 2016, 01:27 PM
The Pod says EWU will roll big in this game.

EWU 56
Richmond 28

EWU Grad 82
December 4th, 2016, 02:46 PM

They have steadily improved over the course of the season. Their performance against the UCA run game was impressive. They are peaking at the right time.

tomq04
December 4th, 2016, 04:18 PM
If UR does not spy Gubrud, this game will be over fast. That guy is the best all-around FCS QB this season and it is not even close*.

What about Briscoe?

andthehomeofthe-BIZON-
December 4th, 2016, 04:24 PM
I agree with POD. EWU wins by 2 scores at least. Unless EWU is way more banged up than I know, or weather conditions dictate a lower scoring game, I just don't see the Spiders hanging.

TheKingpin28
December 4th, 2016, 04:32 PM
What about Briscoe?

If you quote me, quote the entire post. Thanks. Notice the * at the end where you cut the quote off.

Rjones61
December 4th, 2016, 05:05 PM

Just went through some of Richmond's stats. That #2 in the nation in passing yards allowed is impressive.

However, looking through the schedule, only one team out of the entire schedule (playoffs included) was a top 50 passing team. That was James Madison who won, passed above their average yardage, and was only #36 in passing offense this year. EWU will be on another level of offense that the Richmond Spiders haven't come close to facing this year.

Can't look past that #2 in passing yards allowed, though. That title doesn't come from a second rate secondary. Both teams will be challenged in this department.

Bisonator
December 4th, 2016, 05:24 PM
Tough travel week for the Spiders. Eagles should win big in this one.

Longhorn
December 4th, 2016, 05:52 PM
The Pod says EWU will roll big in this game.

EWU 56
Richmond 28

Serious question...have you been correct even once with your picks? xlolx

Red & Black
December 4th, 2016, 08:15 PM

That unit is healthy for the most part...a couple injuries here and there. They've got a 1st team all-conference defensive tackle (6'4, 315) playing on the interior, and a 1st team all-conference DE that can really get after folks in the pass rush.

The much bigger concern is we have three starting linebackers out. We're playing a true Sophomore (Kupp's brother) and a true Freshman at this point.

BigHouseClosedEnd
December 4th, 2016, 08:46 PM
That unit is healthy for the most part...a couple injuries here and there. They've got a 1st team all-conference defensive tackle (6'4, 315) playing on the interior, and a 1st team all-conference DE that can really get after folks in the pass rush.

The much bigger concern is we have three starting linebackers out. We're playing a true Sophomore (Kupp's brother) and a true Freshman at this point.

Thanks. I'm someone that tends to believe that if you want to be weak in a particular position group, linebacker is the place you want to be weak.

Does the All Conference DE typically line up on the right or left side of the line? (Righty QB's blind side?)

Daytripper
December 4th, 2016, 08:53 PM
Has there ever been an easier path from the quarters to the finals than EWU has this season?

clawman
December 4th, 2016, 09:10 PM
What aspect of your defense do you feel is best against passing teams? D-line? D-backs? D ends?

BigHouseClosedEnd
December 4th, 2016, 09:16 PM
Has there ever been an easier path from the quarters to the finals than EWU has this season?

Has there ever been an easier path from Spring ball to the Quarterfinals of the playoffs than Sam State this season?

BigHouseClosedEnd
December 4th, 2016, 09:18 PM
What aspect of your defense do you feel is best against passing teams? D-line? D-backs? D ends?

IMO, the best thing about our defense against a passing team is the versatility of our LB'ers and 'rovers'. 29 Rubin, 24 Norris, 26 Moore, 41 Gregory, 23 Hodge, 46 Howard are all very versatile players against pass and run. We also have 3 pretty good safeties and 2 solid corners.

The best player on the defense is 98 Winston Craig.

Daytripper
December 4th, 2016, 09:28 PM
Has there ever been an easier path from Spring ball to the Quarterfinals of the playoffs than Sam State this season?

The fact that you didn't answer the original question tells me "no."

Stonewall D
December 4th, 2016, 09:28 PM
Ouch. Now it goes through Harrisonburg.

Eight Legger
December 4th, 2016, 10:04 PM
If we win this game, I might be willing to say that it would be our most impressive postseason run ever – including our national title and our other semifinal years. This team should not still be standing, given all these injuries to our key players. Candidly, I'm amazed at what we've done with a third-string running back and a third- or fourth-string QB these past two weeks (depending how you want to classify Johnson). I fear this is the game we'll finally REALLY miss our All-American safety, David Jones. We're a bit undersized in the secondary now, and that probably does not bode well against EWU. Jones gave us some size back there and had a knack for finding the ball.

On top of the injuries and everything else, two back-to-back trips like these, coupled with no bye...it just feels like a bunch of things that are due to catch up with us soon. I really wish we could have played EWU with a few of our injured guys healthy, because I think it would be a helluva game. Maybe it still will be. Johnson gives us a dual threat option that Lauletta did not, and maybe that is enough to make up for some of the other missing pieces. I guess we'll see.

Sounds like it could be a snowy game. Gotta think that helps us if so!

dudeitsaid
December 5th, 2016, 12:54 AM
Thanks. I'm someone that tends to believe that if you want to be weak in a particular position group, linebacker is the place you want to be weak.

Does the All Conference DE typically line up on the right or left side of the line? (Righty QB's blind side?)

No need to worry about the EWU defense...just look up the stats. At the end of the regular season, EWU was 105 of 122 FCS teams in total defense.

And yes, we have four first team all conference players on defense, but since we don't play defense in the BSC, and we are just offensive football junkies, defensive awards are pretty much symbolic gestures for the top overall teams in the Big Sky conference.

Please pass this info on to your coaches. No need to review game film on the EWU D, they are not a concern. xsmiley_wix

kalm
December 5th, 2016, 06:03 AM
Just went through some of Richmond's stats. That #2 in the nation in passing yards allowed is impressive.

However, looking through the schedule, only one team out of the entire schedule (playoffs included) was a top 50 passing team. That was James Madison who won, passed above their average yardage, and was only #36 in passing offense this year. EWU will be on another level of offense that the Richmond Spiders haven't come close to facing this year.

Can't look past that #2 in passing yards allowed, though. That title doesn't come from a second rate secondary. Both teams will be challenged in this department.

Deja vu! :D

milleniumkat
December 5th, 2016, 06:36 AM
Lessss Goooo Spiderrrrrrssss!!

www.MKsavedAGS.com

RootinFerDukes
December 5th, 2016, 08:21 AM
Richmond is just like they were last year, minus Lauletta (not that they're missing him apparently). I'll believe they'll lose when I see it.

I think EWU has the worst ranked defense of the remaining playoff field? That will be something Richmond will exploit and unfortunately, I see the Spiders winning and hosting a home playoff semifinal. If UR wins this week, they're going to Frisco. Ugh.

kalm
December 5th, 2016, 08:37 AM
Richmond is just like they were last year, minus Lauletta (not that they're missing him apparently). I'll believe they'll lose when I see it.

I think EWU has the worst ranked defense of the remaining playoff field? That will be something Richmond will exploit and unfortunately, I see the Spiders winning and hosting a home playoff semifinal. If UR wins this week, they're going to Frisco. Ugh.

We've given up 17, 16, 21, 17, 28 and 14 points over the last 6 games. That's less points than Richmond over the same stretch and against better offenses. The 14 we gave up against UCA included 244 yards and that was against the #24 ranked offense in FCS. Stats can be misleading.

F'N Hawks
December 5th, 2016, 09:19 AM

Richmond's DB's are in trouble. They are stiff in the secondary. UND was running around with two true freshman and a transfer in a run-first offense and still had 211 yards. Oh, and they dropped around 7-8 passes from what I could remember. The only thing that can save them is their offense controlling the tempo and the weather.

Rjones61
December 5th, 2016, 09:48 AM
Deja vu! :D

You caught me!xlolx

BNATION
December 5th, 2016, 10:29 AM
EWU BIIIGG at home. Spiders grossly overrated.

DirtyDukes
December 5th, 2016, 12:10 PM
This sickens me to say...

but...

Let's (vom) go (puke) SPATTERS! (balujrk;alsdjrfkasd;lfjaksd;fajklsdfasf)

Eight Legger
December 5th, 2016, 12:41 PM

Thanks for the love, but I don't know that we are better right now than we were heading into the Illinois State game last year. We were a lot healthier then. I guess this year, maybe we have a different attitude given everything that's happened the past few weeks and really all season with injuries, so maybe that counts for something.

But even if we win, I doubt we'd host over Youngstown. If Wofford wins, maybe our bid was higher than theirs. Hope to have a chance to find that out!

Hanca
December 5th, 2016, 03:35 PM
Agree that our worthless administration did not offer more than minimum. UR on road for as long as magic continues.

tomq04
December 6th, 2016, 12:59 AM
I have to wonder what kind of team it will take to get through 2 Kupp's that want to win this championship badly.

Ketner Kupp is playin his balls off filling in for our 2 downed starting linebackers, and Coop didn't drop a ball despite being short an arm.

That kid is something else, nothing short of inspirational.

UNHWildcat18
December 6th, 2016, 01:28 AM
Thanks for the love, but I don't know that we are better right now than we were heading into the Illinois State game last year. We were a lot healthier then. I guess this year, maybe we have a different attitude given everything that's happened the past few weeks and really all season with injuries, so maybe that counts for something.

But even if we win, I doubt we'd host over Youngstown. If Wofford wins, maybe our bid was higher than theirs. Hope to have a chance to find that out!

Don't you guys have 19 injured players that are out? which includes 6-7 starters? I am thrilled you have done so well. I hope you guys win this weekend, it will be a tough task

spdram
December 6th, 2016, 05:29 AM
Don't you guys have 19 injured players that are out? which includes 6-7 starters? I am thrilled you have done so well. I hope you guys win this weekend, it will be a tough task

Thanks for the support 18, its hard to say exact numbers because of the way things are reported. I believe the last actual list I saw was 9 starters gone for the season. I do believe this team had a true shot at a NC, and still may have, but the injuries have truly impacted the team. This team has truly been resilient. EWU will definitely be a tough out, they are very good, but with what this team has done this year I don't discount the Spiders at all.

Eight Legger
December 6th, 2016, 05:43 AM
We're playing with our third-string RB and third-string QB. The healthiest part of our team is our receiving corps, which has been great all year (and really for several years). Our new QB has shown an ability to get the ball to them, which has kept that part of our attack intact. Honestly, I am not too worried about our ability to score points, but I am very concerned about our defense in this game. The D has been banged up and is missing some key ingredients. We're going to have to find a way to cause a few turnovers to stay in this one, IMO.

Matt
December 6th, 2016, 03:06 PM
To clarify my earlier posts: im not THRILLED about the match-up or questioning that we should probably be fairly significant underdogs. This could be a long day. I'm just saying that of the remaining destinations for us, other than Harrisonburg this is the one I would've picked. A passing team who can be scored on gives us an OK shot. Yes, we are probably ****ed without Jordan and especially Jones. But any given saturday...

jmu007
December 6th, 2016, 03:18 PM
I haven't seen anything yet to make me want to reconsider my stance on the Big Sky this year. I'm going with the Spiders to keep the training rolling.

I'm thinking lower than expected score and Richmond's defensive line will be the difference in this game. We shall see Saturday afternoon. Good luck Spiders!

Professor Chaos
December 6th, 2016, 05:00 PM
Will be a SOCON officiating crew for this game.

MacThor
December 6th, 2016, 05:04 PM
Will be a SOCON officiating crew for this game.

Thanks!

(I have no idea the implications of this information)

Spider from the North
December 6th, 2016, 05:38 PM

Yes. You and other Sammy fans merely need to take a look into the mirror.

Dukie95
December 6th, 2016, 05:40 PM

xthumbsupx

Spider from the North
December 6th, 2016, 05:47 PM
EWU is likely to win, but not because the Spiders are overrated. There are many other factors at play including the talent at EWU, the number of injuries sustained by UR this year, and the travel on successive weekends across the country to play at the home stadium of an opponent in a much colder environment.
That said, an EWU win over Richmond, however great the margin, will be less remarkable than the whipping JMU puts on you.

cx500d
December 6th, 2016, 06:55 PM
Spiders on the red turf

First, make sure the spiders take their migraine/seizure medicine. Then invest in red filter sports goggles for everybody so they don't lose the ewu players in the field background. Then pray very hard.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

IBleedYellow
December 6th, 2016, 07:07 PM
https://twitter.com/srjimallen/status/806297268768776192

Wonder where his train of thought has been?

BigHouseClosedEnd
December 6th, 2016, 08:36 PM
https://twitter.com/srjimallen/status/806297268768776192

Wonder where his train of thought has been?

Copycats.

BNATION
December 6th, 2016, 08:51 PM
Do any Richmond fans truly believe they will win this game?

BigHouseClosedEnd
December 6th, 2016, 09:02 PM
No.

Do any Sam State fans feel their degree is worth more than the looseleaf it was printed on?

BNATION
December 6th, 2016, 09:15 PM
No.

Do any Sam State fans feel their degree is worth more than the looseleaf it was printed on?

Comical. Would be funny to let the W-2's do the talking.

Sam_Kats
December 6th, 2016, 09:24 PM
Torn on this one...gotta go with EWU.

Richmond's losses are pretty laughable. Good team but to be FINAL FOUR?? Eh. Eagles get it done in Cheney, 41-28

Spider from the North
December 6th, 2016, 09:28 PM
Comical. Would be funny to let the W-2's do the talking.

W-2s? How plebeian.
Most of our graduates count their income from the sum of a group of 1099s, K-1s, stock options, dividends, and year-end bonuses.

BNATION
December 6th, 2016, 09:35 PM
W-2s? How plebeian.
Most of our graduates count their income from the sum of a group of 1099s, K-1s, stock options, dividends, and year-end bonuses.

Lol, however you'd like to compare my friend. I figured you for a government worker.... we can compare our states economies and get a pretty good picture of where we stack up.

Spider from the North
December 6th, 2016, 09:47 PM
Lol, however you'd like to compare my friend. I figured you for a government worker.... we can compare our states economies and get a pretty good picture of where we stack up.

So your assumption in the foregoing statement referring to earlier posts of yours suggesting a comparison of the W-2s of Sammy State grads to those of UR grads as a determinant as to whom has the greater income is that the Texas economy is based entirely upon the jobs and income of Sammy State grads?

Please help me out here with how that works. I have no doubt that there is some correlation, but I am struggling to find it.

Sam_Kats
December 6th, 2016, 10:05 PM
North Spider - you're taking yourself too seriously...

What he's saying is I'll take my house on 3 acres, 3/4 ton Chevy truck, 3,500 acre deer lease, 2 healthy boys, outdoor kitchen area, beautiful wife, beach house rental income & corner office vs whatever y'all do. xnodx

Go Eagles.

Schwarz04
December 6th, 2016, 10:13 PM
A lot of dick measuring going on over here...

flyrod
December 6th, 2016, 11:43 PM
Damn this is a UR vs EW thread and Sammy folks are all over this one too
Definitely the biggest Trolling fan base I ever seen
Guess you all gotta champion something

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Dukie95
December 7th, 2016, 05:48 AM
Wow, BearKat fans are on a mission to give every thread that NYC subway urine smell.

Spider from the North
December 7th, 2016, 07:55 AM
North Spider - you're taking yourself too seriously...
What he's saying is I'll take my house on 3 acres, 3/4 ton Chevy truck, 3,500 acre deer lease, 2 healthy boys, outdoor kitchen area, beautiful wife, beach house rental income & corner office vs whatever y'all do. xnodx
Go Eagles.

I suppose that I could stick to the original theme and comparison and suggest that my compound with its main residence consisting of a three story, 5,600 square foot mansion and four auxiliary buildings, one of which is situated on 5 wooded acres, 25,000 acre animal sanctuary located adjacent to a national park, 4 healthy children, all gifted, beautiful wife, new Mercedes and Jaguar, summer home on Martha's Vinyard adjacent to the Kennedy compound and new executive position at Wells-Fargo, replacing, in duties, those of the recently ousted John Stumpf, might "out do" your buddy, but I won't do that because that would be ignoring much of what is truly important in life, to-wit; the fact that Sam Houston State has the weakest schedule in FCS football and the beating that JMU is about to exact upon them this coming weekend will demonstrate that beyond any doubt.

Of course, I remain puzzled, as apparently do you, as to the correlation that BNATION implied when he suggested that I compare the Texas economy to that of the Commonwealth of Virginia as a justification of the value of a Sammy degree. I guess I will have to live with that because your non-responsive response sheds no light on that statement or otherwise demonstrates anything relevant to our previous banter. I have no doubt that the correlation is beyond my comprehension...and your imagination.

PantherRob82
December 7th, 2016, 07:58 AM
Booooring.xrolleyesx

DirtyDukes
December 7th, 2016, 08:02 AM
Booooring.xrolleyesx

Needs more gifs

kalm
December 7th, 2016, 08:32 AM
EWU is likely to win, but not because the Spiders are overrated. There are many other factors at play including the talent at EWU, the number of injuries sustained by UR this year, and the travel on successive weekends across the country to play at the home stadium of an opponent in a much colder environment.
That said, an EWU win over Richmond, however great the margin, will be less remarkable than the whipping JMU puts on you.

I haven't seen anything yet to make me want to reconsider my stance on the Big Sky this year. I'm going with the Spiders to keep the training rolling.

I'm thinking lower than expected score and Richmond's defensive line will be the difference in this game. We shall see Saturday afternoon. Good luck Spiders!

Nice to see a little CAA smack!

Yes, Weber and CP looked like crap in their games. UND played their brand of football for 3 quarters but let one slip away with some great plays made by the Spiders late in the game. One might chalk that up to an advantage in playoff and big game experience for Richmond. The teams appeared to be evenly matched, but if Richmond is at full strength I'd definitely give them the edge. But also remember UND's close loss on the road to SB who trucked the Spiders. UND's could hang in the CAA.

Since we're measuring conference dicks, a quick look back on the playoffs (and I may have missed a couple) the Big Sky is 6-7 all time against the CAA. The CAA had a better showing in the 2000's with the run of different champs.

EWU is 2-1 all time against the CAA. All three of the teams we played - a beat up and travel weary Nova and awesome defensive Blue Hen team in 2010, and the runner up Tigers in 2013 - were outstanding and talented.

According to Supe's final "How They Fared" thread, JMU's SoS is 40 while EWU's is 3rd. In other words, while the Dukes were running up scores on Morehead, CCSU, and getting knocked around by UNC, we were beating Washington State, losing in OT at the Fargo Dome, and beating UNI at home. Move on to the respective conference schedules and the BSC is rated above the CAA, and every team in the conference has a higher SoS than JMU (BTW, the same is true for a few more conferences including the Big South). In fact, with the exception of last week, JMU failed to "put a whipping" on any of the quality opponents they played.

But who brought up JMU anyway? My point? 1) JMU vs. EWU would be an evenly matched game just like every single time Big Fluffy Champ EWU has faced a CAA opponent. 2) Predicting EWU's games based on what the rest of the BSC has done in this year's playoffs is worth two things...And Jack just left town. IOW's "I haven't seen anything yet to make me reconsider" that stance on the CAA. xlolx

Richmond is a banged up, highly talented team making their second long road trip in a row but with a great coach and a load of talent. They're also playing with house money and that makes them dangerous. Johnson has provided a bit of a spark and has at least so far avoided throwing the picks that Lauletta was prone to. He has a great target in Brown and complimentary running game in Thompson. The pass D has great numbers but they got torched the only time they faced a quality passing offense in JMU. The CAA just isn't much of a passing conference.

Richmond would need to play lights out and capitalize on EWU mistakes to win this one but it's certainly possible.

Bison56
December 7th, 2016, 09:58 AM
Needs more gifs

https://media.tenor.co/images/e9a14bf55e258ce06b61b0ba6c147a49/raw (https://www.google.com/url?sa=i&rct=j&q=&esrc=s&source=images&cd=&cad=rja&uact=8&ved=0ahUKEwiKpI27ueLQAhUCNiYKHaWyAXgQjRwIBw&url=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.tenor.co%2Fview%2Fnod-agree-yes-startrek-captain-gif-5694982&bvm=bv.140496471,d.eWE&psig=AFQjCNEesNhwMm-IfSCOTyWBNf9VqeCkbw&ust=1481212564076030)

Eight Legger
December 7th, 2016, 10:02 AM
Here's the skinny on UR's losses:

• the loss to Stony Brook was surprising, but it came at a time when there was a pretty prominent sexual assault discussion on our campus involving a player, not named, and I'd say that was a distraction. We also had a number of turnovers that led directly to SB points.

• The W&M loss was 100% because Lauletta, our all-conference QB, tore his ACL in the first half. We were winning at the time and would have won even without him had the officials not waived off a fumble recovery for a TD in the third quarter on a bogus targeting call. W&M scored two plays later. It was a 15-point swing and since our backup QB was unavailable, we had to play two guys who had never taken a snap for us for the final 2+ quarters.

• We lost a great game to JMU by 4 points. Could have gone either way, but we didn't get the stop we needed.

DirtyDukes
December 7th, 2016, 10:15 AM
• We lost a great game to JMU by 4 points. Could have gone either way, but we didn't get the stop we needed.

I'd argue you didn't get a couple of stops you needed, one on the drive for us to go up and another for us to go up 10 with 2 minutes left.

But it was a helluva game.

Hope you guys can pull it out and even run the table, how amazing would a rematch in the Nat'l Champ game be? Wowza.

TheRevSFA
December 7th, 2016, 10:22 AM
Richmond are definitely dogs in this, but rememeber..the site is any given saturday for a reason.

Spiders could take the Eagles..

Will be a fun one to watch.

bostonspider
December 7th, 2016, 10:43 AM

Not sure you want to get into an argument with UR about money, lol. If there is one thing Richmond has, it is money. The school, the alums, the currents students and parents.. All pretty well off.

Matt
December 7th, 2016, 10:47 AM
Christ the bragging is embarrassing.

BigHouseClosedEnd
December 7th, 2016, 05:42 PM
Here's the skinny on UR's losses:

• the loss to Stony Brook was surprising, but it came at a time when there was a pretty prominent sexual assault discussion on our campus involving a player, not named, and I'd say that was a distraction. We also had a number of turnovers that led directly to SB points.

• The W&M loss was 100% because Lauletta, our all-conference QB, tore his ACL in the first half. We were winning at the time and would have won even without him had the officials not waived off a fumble recovery for a TD in the third quarter on a bogus targeting call. W&M scored two plays later. It was a 15-point swing and since our backup QB was unavailable, we had to play two guys who had never taken a snap for us for the final 2+ quarters.

That's all awesome, but how about our financial strength???

Eight Legger
December 8th, 2016, 08:13 AM
That's all awesome, but how about our financial strength???

I heard we have a $12 gazillion endowment. Can you confirm?

The Pud
December 8th, 2016, 08:17 AM
looking forward to seeing this game. I am very surprised at how little chatter there has been on this thread. This should be the prime time game in my opinion.

tomq04
December 8th, 2016, 08:24 AM
looking forward to seeing this game. I am very surprised at how little chatter there has been on this thread. This should be the prime time game in my opinion.

Despite being a compelling matchup, why should be prime time over NDSU/SDSU? Even JMU and SHSU has a pretty good shot, but I suspect it comes down to people watching, and neither fan base is huge.

The Pud
December 8th, 2016, 08:35 AM
Despite being a compelling matchup, why should be prime time over NDSU/SDSU? Even JMU and SHSU has a pretty good shot, but I suspect it comes down to people watching, and neither fan base is huge.

1) It features two power house teams from top FCS conferences

2) Features one of the top QB in FCS

3) Both teams defeat FBS team from P5 conference

4) Potential for lots of scoring

5) Red turf at EWU

kalm
December 8th, 2016, 08:48 AM
80% chance of snow between 11:00 am and 2:00 pm. It's pretty much gonna snow all day.

tomq04
December 8th, 2016, 08:58 AM
4) Potential for lots of scoring

I bet there will be some scoring done, curious to see how the snow affects everyone. I do know our defense has been trending up for 6 weeks straight and our boss linebacker is back and 2 great backups who now have tons of experience can confidently rotate in...one of which is a Kupp.

BigHouseClosedEnd
December 8th, 2016, 09:15 AM
80% chance of snow between 11:00 am and 2:00 pm. It's pretty much gonna snow all day.

Good.

dudeitsaid
December 8th, 2016, 04:00 PM
This is a good listen with interviews involving HC's of both teams and an EWU player.

It's interesting that Rocco has only gotten his info about EWU's defense from stats so far. Obviously, he'll watch film, and will likely see that stats only tell part of the story. Hopefully, his mindset is already impacted to not take the D to seriously. xthumbsupx http://skylinesportsmt.com/big-sky-breakdown-ewu-quarterfinals/

Here is an article from Skyline as well, good summary.

http://skylinesportsmt.com/ewu-hosts-surging-richmond-with-final-four-spot-at-stake/

Red & Black
December 8th, 2016, 07:10 PM
Richmond is banged up, but so is EWU. I think it will be a fairly evenly matched game, especially if wet balls are a factor in the EWU passing game.

BNATION
December 8th, 2016, 07:12 PM
Richmond is banged up, but so is EWU. I think it will be a fairly evenly matched game, especially if wet balls are a factor in the EWU passing game.

EWU rolls.

F'N Hawks
December 8th, 2016, 07:21 PM
Richmond money is pouring in again. Down to 6.5.

Eight Legger
December 8th, 2016, 07:41 PM

If wet balls are a factor in the EWU passing game, I'm not sure I want to watch this one anymore. Maybe I'll just listen on the radio.

BigHouseClosedEnd
December 8th, 2016, 07:44 PM
Wet balls + a red rug = a very, very bad combo.

dudeitsaid
December 8th, 2016, 09:11 PM
Wet balls + a red rug = a very, very bad combo.

Red is never bad, it makes everything better. It's like marching over the blood of our enemies.

I'm still shocked the majority of the football world wants to play on something colored like feces from a spinach rich diet...

ALPHAGRIZ1
December 9th, 2016, 12:24 AM
Richmond 37
Eastern 23

Matt
December 9th, 2016, 10:25 AM
Red is never bad, it makes everything better. It's like marching over the blood of our enemies.

I'm still shocked the majority of the football world wants to play on something colored like feces from a spinach rich diet...

Swear I'm not complaining or making up excuses in case we get hammered, but it's always struck me as odd that EW or Boise wearing jerseys that are the exact same color as the field is legal. It's such an advantage that exists outside of the competition taking place on the field, and really makes for an unlevel playing field (ha). And I also think that, since it is legal, it's very strange that more teams don't follow suit. We couldn't because our single color uniforms are white, but a team like JMU in their all-purples or SHSU in all orange could totally take advantage of this.

Professor Chaos
December 9th, 2016, 10:30 AM
...especially if wet balls are a factor...
http://img.pandawhale.com/37734-Ron-Swanson-gif-q1fB.gif

Swear I'm not complaining or making up excuses in case we get hammered, but it's always struck me as odd that EW or Boise wearing jerseys that are the exact same color as the field is legal. It's such an advantage that exists outside of the competition taking place on the field, and really makes for an unlevel playing field (ha). And I also think that, since it is legal, it's very strange that more teams don't follow suit. We couldn't because our single color uniforms are white, but a team like JMU in their all-purples or SHSU in all orange could totally take advantage of this.
I heard players commenting on it saying that on the field it's not a problem at all (uniforms being the same color as the turf) in terms of camouflage or anything like that. I think it's just more difficult to pick things up when watching on TV.

Also, it'll be a pink field tomorrow (with the layer of snow on it) so the EWU jerseys will stick out even on TV.

kalm
December 9th, 2016, 10:43 AM
I don't think UND should be allowed to wear all greens...

Matt
December 9th, 2016, 11:02 AM
http://img.pandawhale.com/37734-Ron-Swanson-gif-q1fB.gif

I heard players commenting on it saying that on the field it's not a problem at all (uniforms being the same color as the turf) in terms of camouflage or anything like that. I think it's just more difficult to pick things up when watching on TV.

Also, it'll be a pink field tomorrow (with the layer of snow on it) so the EWU jerseys will stick out even on TV.

that makes sense. We'll likely be in all white so maybe we'll have an unfair advantage!

EWU fans, is it difficult to watch in person?

TheRevSFA
December 9th, 2016, 11:20 AM

All I can think of is the Kansas kick returner laying in the end zone trying to blend in with the color....

dudeitsaid
December 9th, 2016, 03:26 PM
All I can think of is the Kansas kick returner laying in the end zone trying to blend in with the color....

Yeah, that was funny.

It's like when the griz players run across the maroon teddy bear head in the center of their field. They become temporarily invisible. ;)

Truth is, EWU rarely wears all red in the inferno anymore. They did it a few times the first year.

The players are seeing each other against the horizon, so the field color really doesn't create an advantage by blending in.

To Kalms point, many schools have green unis, I've never heard of anyone having an issue with a perceived advantage that conveys.

Sent from my LGLS755 using Tapatalk

Grizalltheway
December 9th, 2016, 03:40 PM
Yeah, that was funny.

It's like when the griz players run across the maroon teddy bear head in the center of their field. They become temporarily invisible. ;)

Truth is, EWU rarely wears all red in the inferno anymore. They did it a few times the first year.

The players are seeing each other against the horizon, so the field color really doesn't create an advantage by blending in.

To Kalms point, many schools have green unis, I've never heard of anyone having an issue with a perceived advantage that conveys.

Sent from my LGLS755 using Tapatalk

Huh? I think your rods and cones are FUBAR from staring at your field too much.

EdubAlum
December 9th, 2016, 04:27 PM
that makes sense. We'll likely be in all white so maybe we'll have an unfair advantage!

No, but I Also grew up in Boise too....It's also not quite as bright in person.

Red & Black
December 10th, 2016, 06:00 AM

The team rarely wears all-reds at home anymore. It'll be all black, or some crazy combination.

kalm
December 10th, 2016, 09:26 AM
Evidently, Cheney has Seattle weather, EWU plays a similar style to UND, and Grand Forks is in the "west".

[QUOTE] It was cold and rainy this week in Richmond, Virginia, home of the Spiders, Eastern’s opponent today. And that made Richmond coach Danny Rocco happy. Why? He felt it would help his team prepare for the inclement conditions the Spiders would face in today’s game.
Sorry, but I don’t see how. It’s been my experience that 42 and rainy has as much correlation with 26 and snowy as it does with 58 and clear. Which means none at all........................

It’s funny, but this game may come down to perspective. As I was reading through the Richmond newspaper’s coverage (http://www.richmond.com/sports/college/schools/university-richmond/article_9c5888a4-aa81-5ecc-a4db-6067113fb62d.html) of the Spiders, other little misconceptions about Eastern’s football team kept popping up.
Rocco thought is was important Richmond played North Dakota, the Big Sky co-champions, last week, because it allowed his team to get “a good feel for the league.”...................

At least few out West, though I’m not sure you should think of North Dakota as part of the West. People around here certainly don’t. The Midwest sure, but the West? No way. Yet that was another reason cited in Richmond’s favor (http://www.richmond.com/sports/college/schools/university-richmond/article_84734eac-c3e5-56d5-a4ab-785cf4b66c79.html). They had already made one trip to the West.
When you are located a couple of hours from the nation’s capital, I guess pretty much everything is in the West. It’s all a matter of perspective.
[/QUOTE

http://www.spokesman.com/stories/2016/dec/10/grip-sports-ewu-todays-fcs-playoff-game-all-matter/

kalm
December 10th, 2016, 09:33 AM
One of the things that impressed me in last night's game was JMU's defensive backs and their ability to cover. Briscoe was off, but there weren't very many open throws either. Richmond is statistically better against the pass than JMU so it will be interesting to watch their matchup with Kupp, Shaq, and KB. Wouldn't at all be surprised to see us get the running backs involved in screens and swing passes and have the TE's see more targets. Or we might try and establish the run a bit more...

Matt
December 10th, 2016, 11:07 AM
Evidently, Cheney has Seattle weather, EWU plays a similar style to UND, and Grand Forks is in the "west".

[QUOTE] It was cold and rainy this week in Richmond, Virginia, home of the Spiders, Eastern’s opponent today. And that made Richmond coach Danny Rocco happy. Why? He felt it would help his team prepare for the inclement conditions the Spiders would face in today’s game.
Sorry, but I don’t see how. It’s been my experience that 42 and rainy has as much correlation with 26 and snowy as it does with 58 and clear. Which means none at all........................

It’s funny, but this game may come down to perspective. As I was reading through the Richmond newspaper’s coverage (http://www.richmond.com/sports/college/schools/university-richmond/article_9c5888a4-aa81-5ecc-a4db-6067113fb62d.html) of the Spiders, other little misconceptions about Eastern’s football team kept popping up.
Rocco thought is was important Richmond played North Dakota, the Big Sky co-champions, last week, because it allowed his team to get “a good feel for the league.”...................

At least few out West, though I’m not sure you should think of North Dakota as part of the West. People around here certainly don’t. The Midwest sure, but the West? No way. Yet that was another reason cited in Richmond’s favor (http://www.richmond.com/sports/college/schools/university-richmond/article_84734eac-c3e5-56d5-a4ab-785cf4b66c79.html). They had already made one trip to the West.
When you are located a couple of hours from the nation’s capital, I guess pretty much everything is in the West. It’s all a matter of perspective.
[/QUOTE

http://www.spokesman.com/stories/2016/dec/10/grip-sports-ewu-todays-fcs-playoff-game-all-matter/

Just finished the article. Pretty typical RTD coverage of the Spiders. They don't really care about us, don't know anything about FCS and have no impetus to research. Their Spider guy is a basketball guy, anyway.

F'N Hawks
December 10th, 2016, 03:05 PM
How is the weather out there?

Rjones61
December 10th, 2016, 03:30 PM
Gubrud is getting an eternity to throw the ball. Richmond has never seen a passing attack like this.

7-0 EWU

- - - Updated - - -

How is the weather out there?

Some residual snow from last night. Otherwise, cold and calm. Weather isn't a factor.

F'N Hawks
December 10th, 2016, 03:41 PM
Gubrud is getting an eternity to throw the ball. Richmond has never seen a passing attack like this.

7-0 EWU

- - - Updated - - -

Some residual snow from last night. Otherwise, cold and calm. Weather isn't a factor.

Richmond doesn't bring pressure by design. So they need to cover vs a team like this. It will be interesting.

Dukie95
December 10th, 2016, 03:43 PM

7-0 EWU

- - - Updated - - -

Yeah, the CAA doesn't have many good QBs right now. Schor (JMU) and Lauletta(UR) are the best, and UR only had to face one of them, obviously.

Rjones61
December 10th, 2016, 03:46 PM
Richmond gets stopped on 4th and 2 at the four yard line. Huge turnover.

Rjones61
December 10th, 2016, 03:50 PM
Richmond intercepts Gubrud at the EWU 45. Big turnover.

MacThor
December 10th, 2016, 04:01 PM
UR needs to dial up pressure. We can't cover these guys for eternity.

Rjones61
December 10th, 2016, 04:03 PM
Cooper Kupp gets another touchdown on a fourth down conversion to make it 14-0.

On Richmond's first play on offense, the Spiders fumble the ball and EWU gets it again.

Rjones61
December 10th, 2016, 04:04 PM
Cooper Kupp was responsible for 97 receiving yards and a touchdown on the last drive.

ALPHAGRIZ1
December 10th, 2016, 04:04 PM
Eastern is so ****ing bad, thank god they signed Baldwin for 5 more years. Simply horrible football, a little O and nothing else.

Rjones61
December 10th, 2016, 04:05 PM
EWU attempts a 4th and 9 and fails to convert. Richmond gets the ball back.

Rjones61
December 10th, 2016, 04:06 PM
Eastern is so ****ing bad, thank god they signed Baldwin for 5 more years. Simply horrible football, a little O and nothing else.

Man1, are you watching the game? Richmond has been shutout the entire first half.

Rjones61
December 10th, 2016, 04:10 PM
ANOTHER fumble from Richmond. EWU gets the ball on the Richmond 25.

- - - Updated - - -

Immediately, EWU throws a touchdown to Shaq Hill. 21-0 pending point.

Schism55
December 10th, 2016, 04:12 PM
Would help if Richmond at least showed up, jeez.

ALPHAGRIZ1
December 10th, 2016, 04:15 PM
Man1, are you watching the game? Richmond has been shutout the entire first half.

Girl3 no, just like everyone else that doesnt watch that **** team. Its chick softball with no defense.

Rjones61
December 10th, 2016, 04:18 PM
Girl3 no, just like everyone else that doesnt watch that **** team. Its chick softball with no defense.

Hahahah, you are so pathetic. First you are such a coward that you create a fake account for the forum you swore to never visit again. And here you are again, trolling an EWU thread. Keep trying to pump your ego, but you have already shown your true colors.

tomq04
December 10th, 2016, 04:19 PM
The Kupp brothers are terrorizing the spiders on both sides of the ball. On Defense #3 Samson Ebukam is going to give their QB nightmares for weeks.

ALPHAGRIZ1
December 10th, 2016, 04:19 PM
Hahahah, you are so pathetic. First you are such a coward that you create a fake account for the forum you swore to never visit again. And here you are again, trolling an EWU thread. Keep trying to pump your ego, but you have already shown your true colors.

Explain

grizband
December 10th, 2016, 04:23 PM
Richmond fumbles the snap in the red zone, EWU recovers at their own 23.

4th fumble for the Spiders in the 1st half!

Rjones61
December 10th, 2016, 04:24 PM
Explain

Hey everyone, AlphaGriz1 made a fake account called Man1 on eGriz to try troll an EWU thread again. He just couldn't keep away.

He was outed when the Tapatalk app showed that it was AlphaGriz who made the account. Man1 (also known as AlphaGriz1) then deleted all of his posts.

MacThor
December 10th, 2016, 04:27 PM
4 fumbles lost and a Big Sky troll war in the thread.

ALPHAGRIZ1
December 10th, 2016, 04:32 PM
Hey everyone, AlphaGriz1 made a fake account called Man1 on eGriz to try troll an EWU thread again. He just couldn't keep away.

He was outed when the Tapatalk app showed that it was AlphaGriz who made the account. Man1 (also known as AlphaGriz1) then deleted all of his posts.

That is a really nice story and I will have to take your word for it.

Cool, now enjoy your **** team for one more game.

ALPHAGRIZ1
December 10th, 2016, 04:34 PM
4 fumbles lost and a Big Sky troll war in the thread.

To be fair RJ isnt even a good troll................so enjoy

Rjones61
December 10th, 2016, 04:37 PM
That is a really nice story and I will have to take your word for it.

Cool, now enjoy your **** team for one more game.

Cool story bro.

http://www.egriz.com/grizboard/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=75716&start=75

penguinpower
December 10th, 2016, 04:39 PM
Why is this game not on espn3? I click the link and some Bull**** is on

ALPHAGRIZ1
December 10th, 2016, 04:41 PM
Cool story bro.

http://www.egriz.com/grizboard/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=75716&start=75

Why would I click on that?

"I" havent been on eGriz in 2 years. I havent posted read or cared about anything on that loser site........I only post on boards I own....and this one because Ursus is fair and balanced. I already said I would have to take your word for it.

Swing by and I can take you apart on any of these:
www.championshipsubdivision.com
www.maroonblood.com

Rjones61
December 10th, 2016, 04:41 PM

It's working for me. Should be an ESPN 3 game, because ESPN2 doesn't work for me.

Rjones61
December 10th, 2016, 04:48 PM

You might have seen the halftime shows?

penguinpower
December 10th, 2016, 04:55 PM
That is the case. all the reports I heard were big lead in the first quarter.

Rjones61
December 10th, 2016, 04:55 PM
EWU gives a run dominant look to Richmond and gashes them ~60 rushing yards for a touchdown.

Richmond only has five spiders in the box and EWU is looking to exploit that.

Bison56
December 10th, 2016, 05:00 PM
Spiders making EW D look like the 85 Bears.
Spiders should have stayed home.

Rjones61
December 10th, 2016, 05:02 PM
EWU intercepts Richmond to make 5 turnovers. EWU is +4 in turnovers this game.

grizband
December 10th, 2016, 05:08 PM
EWU makes a field goal to extend their lead 31-0

Also, TV makes it appear there is minimal attendance at this game

Rjones61
December 10th, 2016, 05:13 PM
Richmond is on their own goal line 3rd and 32. Yikes!

grizband
December 10th, 2016, 05:14 PM
Good punt return gives the Eagles ball back on the Spider 28.

Cleets
December 10th, 2016, 05:16 PM
Wow... xeyebrowx

grizband
December 10th, 2016, 05:16 PM
EWU TD called back on an illegal forward pass; Gubrud was beyond the LOS before he threw the ball.

Rjones61
December 10th, 2016, 05:17 PM
EWU touchdown erased. Gubrud stepped a little past the line of scrimmage. Good call, Richmond finally gets a break.

RabidRabbit
December 10th, 2016, 05:18 PM
Ewu pulling a JMU. Richmond participating by turning ball ovr consistently.

Sent from my LG-K373 using Tapatalk

Rjones61
December 10th, 2016, 05:27 PM
Once again, Richmond fails to convert a 4th down conversion in the red zone and gives it up to EWU.

Bison56
December 10th, 2016, 05:30 PM
What's worse the game or atmosphere?

Rjones61
December 10th, 2016, 05:32 PM

no you.

grizband
December 10th, 2016, 05:33 PM
I fear what EWU could accomplish with a game day atmosphere similar to Montana or North Dakota State!

Bison56
no you.

Good one

Rjones61
Almost looked like Gubrud crossed the LOS again. Wasn't called, though.

Touchdown EWU! 38-0 pending point.

ALPHAGRIZ1
December 10th, 2016, 05:36 PM
Fire up the meth kilns! Gun be hawt in C Town 2 NITE

Rjones61
December 10th, 2016, 05:39 PM
EWU second string is in on defense now. 3.5 quarter shutout, but hey.... EWU doesn't play defense.

Bison56
December 10th, 2016, 05:41 PM
EWU second string is in on defense now. 3.5 quarter shutout, but hey.... EWU doesn't play defense.

I don't think Richmond plays offense, they are terrible and EWU is embarrassing them. It's like a bye week.

F'N Hawks
December 10th, 2016, 05:41 PM
This was a bad matchup for their D. And UND wouldn't have fared any better.

Rjones61
December 10th, 2016, 05:55 PM
EWU wins 38-0

Rjones61
December 10th, 2016, 05:56 PM
I don't think Richmond plays offense, they are terrible and EWU is embarrassing them. It's like a bye week.

Still, a shutout is a shutout, especially in the playoffs. NDSU couldn't even shut out San Diego.

Bisonator
December 10th, 2016, 08:05 PM
Congrats to the Eagles!

Matt
December 10th, 2016, 08:08 PM
Everything that couldve gone wrong did. We no-showed. Our lack of depth due to injuries finally showed up and our play calling was terrible. And the equipment manager should be fired. Not one guy could get a foot hold. See you guys next year

Edit: no excuses. EWU dominated. We couldnt cover for ****. And our inexplicable decision to rush 3 all game predictable didnt work.

dudeitsaid
December 10th, 2016, 08:24 PM

That is the most sound football assessment I've ever heard. Please forward to Youngstown State.

kalm
December 10th, 2016, 08:28 PM
That is the most sound football assessment I've ever heard. Please forward to Youngstown State.

Somewhere in an undisclosed underground bunker location near Missoula, plans are being made regarding how to overcome a really ****ing bad EWU program. Stay tuned...

dudeitsaid
December 10th, 2016, 08:36 PM
The Spiders have nothing to hang their heads about. The comeback last week to get to this point was nothing short of incredible. The adversity this team faced was bound to catch up with them. There were some solid plays made by the team, but I think the injuries, travel, weather, and QB experience played a big part. What I thought was really impressive was the culture of your team. For Johnson to sacrifice his redshirt year to lead the team in the playoffs, and the team to rally around him, I though said a lot about the kind of mindset your team has. It's tough when the right things go wrong. And when things went wrong early, it was hard to recover. It's always tough for a team if they can't put their style onto the game. In any case, as has been stated, congrats on a great season. There are many, many other teams that would've loved to have the success you guys had this season. Hope your coach stays, if you don't have to deal with the challenges of replacing coaching staff, I am sure you will be back next year.

spdram
December 10th, 2016, 10:18 PM
Congrats to EWU and their fans. Sorry we didn't put on much of a show today, looks like the wheels finally fell off the bus. The coaching chatter, two time across country, injuries, exams, none of them helped but the better team sure won today. You team and coach showed how to win with class, easily could have scored again as drained as our few remaining starters were. Best of luck the rest of the way.

citdog
December 10th, 2016, 11:31 PM
Somewhere in an undisclosed underground bunker location near Missoula, plans are being made regarding how to overcome a really ****ing bad EWU program. Stay tuned...

Alpha, Stitt, and Grizo meet bi-weekly in a bunker under the M to discuss how the Griz can return to national relevance.

Schism55
December 11th, 2016, 05:18 AM
Alpha, Stitt, and Grizo meet bi-weekly in a bunker under the M to discuss how the Griz can return to national relevance.
Wouldn't you like to be a fly on that wall?

BigHouseClosedEnd
December 11th, 2016, 06:51 AM
Congrats to EWU and their fans. Sorry we didn't put on much of a show today, looks like the wheels finally fell off the bus. The coaching chatter, two time across country, injuries, exams, none of them helped but the better team sure won today. You team and coach showed how to win with class, easily could have scored again as drained as our few remaining starters were. Best of luck the rest of the way.

I couldn't have typed it any better. Congrats and good luck to EWU.

Red & Black
December 11th, 2016, 07:09 PM
The Spiders have nothing to hang their heads about. The comeback last week to get to this point was nothing short of incredible. The adversity this team faced was bound to catch up with them. There were some solid plays made by the team, but I think the injuries, travel, weather, and QB experience played a big part. What I thought was really impressive was the culture of your team. For Johnson to sacrifice his redshirt year to lead the team in the playoffs, and the team to rally around him, I though said a lot about the kind of mindset your team has. It's tough when the right things go wrong. And when things went wrong early, it was hard to recover. It's always tough for a team if they can't put their style onto the game. In any case, as has been stated, congrats on a great season. There are many, many other teams that would've loved to have the success you guys had this season. Hope your coach stays, if you don't have to deal with the challenges of replacing coaching staff, I am sure you will be back next year.

I'll echo this. Congrats to Richmond on a great season.

ALPHAGRIZ1
December 11th, 2016, 07:15 PM

Do NOT associate me with that ****.

I want nothing to do with that program until we get a university leader that can get a real HC and then GTF out of the way. Now quit bugging me I am getting ready for 2019 Griz football

Hanca
December 12th, 2016, 08:06 AM
EWU just whipped UR. Most impressive on both sides of ball. No excuses, but injuries, coaching turmoil, travel played a role but better team deservedly won. Congrats