PDA

View Full Version : Wofford 17 Citadel 3

catamount man
December 3rd, 2016, 08:01 PM
WOW!!!!!!!!!!!!! Ankle biters kicked ass! Play the fighting Pelinis next week. SWEET!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Bucs2016
December 3rd, 2016, 08:06 PM
Yep. I went to it with some friends who went to Wofford. Wofford had a M.A.S.H unit of injuries and their QB (already 3rd stringer) went down. #8 filled in and did well.

Congrats Wofford. State Champions of SC!

ysubigred
December 3rd, 2016, 08:07 PM
WOW!!!!!!!!!!!!! Ankle biters kicked ass! Play the fighting Pelinis next week. SWEET!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I'm not shocked. Wofford is always in a game great team!

ElCid
December 3rd, 2016, 08:20 PM
Yeah, we played good for about three quarters. The change in QB almost was a plus for them. Sparked them big time. Our QB is simply not a good passer and Wofford knows how to defend us probably better than anyone else in the world.

Congrats Ankle Biters. Go give the polar birds heck.

woffordgrad94
December 3rd, 2016, 08:45 PM
If Goodsoon doesn't get hurt I don't think we win the game.

walliver
December 3rd, 2016, 08:47 PM
A lot of Terrier fans have been wondering why Newman wasn't playing more. We burned his redshirt when Butler got hurt, but he was only used sparingly.
Newman is the only true option QB on the team.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

ElCid
December 3rd, 2016, 08:51 PM
A lot of Terrier fans have been wondering why Newman wasn't playing more. We burned his redshirt when Butler got hurt, but he was only used sparingly.
Newman is the only true option QB on the team.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

He certainly sparked you guys big time. How about those three interceptions in three plays? Was that not the craziest thing ever? It was great hard fought game. I can't even speak right now as I don't have a voice. It will be a long drive home tomorrow.

hebmskebm
December 3rd, 2016, 08:51 PM
Seems like every year a team that plays in the opening round ends up making the quarterfinals flying a bit under the radar. Looks like this year is Wofford (and to a lesser extent Richmond).

ElCid
December 3rd, 2016, 08:55 PM
Seems like every year a team that plays in the opening round ends up making the quarterfinals flying a bit under the radar. Looks like this year is Wofford (and to a lesser extent Richmond).

They were under the radar a little, but I always thought they were the true dark horse in the SOCON. Once they lost to us, having already lost to Samford, and with UTC still to go, I thought they might be done although I knew they could always beat the Mocs. They were not flashy and did what they needed to to finish out. If their secondary does better than JSU'sxlolx they will give YSU some serious fits.

ElCid
December 3rd, 2016, 09:07 PM
Finally reviewed the Stats. Outgained Wofford on the ground and in the air. Just wish we could have gotten 1 or 2 of those 3 missed FGs, Geeez. If I thought that we would go 11-22 passing for 121 yards and 238 rushing, and held them to 223 yards rushing, I would have thought we would have won. Just couldn't string it together for points though. Still have not seen attendance figures, but it was packed. I would guess over 14K easily and maybe 15K. Wofford traveled very well and filled most of the available visitors side.

Bucs2016
December 3rd, 2016, 09:11 PM
Finally reviewed the Stats. Outgained Wofford on the ground and in the air. Just wish we could have gotten 1 or 2 of those 3 missed FGs, Geeez. If I thought that we would go 11-22 passing for 121 yards and 238 rushing, and held them to 223 yards rushing, I would have thought we would have won. Just couldn't string it together for points though. Still have not seen attendance figures, but it was packed. I would guess over 14K easily and maybe 15K. Wofford traveled very well and filled most of the available visitors side.

Crazy how hard they are to beat. We held em to 150 yards rushing and lost. Ugh.