PDA

View Full Version : JMU's Khalid Abdullah wins ASN's FCS Player of the Year

DirtyDukes
December 2nd, 2016, 08:12 AM
http://americansportsnet.com/best-of-the-best-jmus-khalid-abdullah-wins-asns-2016-fcs-player-of-the-year/

While this mostly just shows that JMU has more active voting fans than other teams, I still think it's well deserved. Great interview by Khalid as well.

jmufan999
December 2nd, 2016, 10:06 AM
and nice attempt by the Richmond fans that did their best to vote for Briscoe just so Khalid wouldn't win. you certainly gave it your best, and that's... something.

actually, it's not.

Schism55
December 2nd, 2016, 12:13 PM
Lol...is this an offshoot of STATS? Their ridiculous voting sure makes it seem so.

citdog
December 2nd, 2016, 12:25 PM
Lol...is this an offshoot of STATS? Their ridiculous voting sure makes it seem so.

I have said it a few times but it bears repeating. There are 18 voters in the Stats Poll and postseason awards from the MVFC. FAR more than any other league so your beef should be with your own conference mates. Perhaps they are a little butthurt over your success.

iowastatebison
December 2nd, 2016, 12:54 PM
I have said it a few times but it bears repeating. There are 18 voters in the Stats Poll and postseason awards from the MVFC. FAR more than any other league so your beef should be with your own conference mates. Perhaps they are a little butthurt over your success.

Big Sky:19 voters
MVFC: 18 voters
CAA: 17 voters

Ohio Valley: 14 voters
Southland: 13 voters
Big South: 11 voters
Patriot League: 10 voters
MEAC: 10 voters
Pioneer: 9 voters
Ivy: 9 voters
Southern: 8 voters
Other: 7 voters
SWAC: 6 voters
STATS: 6 voters
Independent: 2 voters

159 total

citdog
December 2nd, 2016, 01:01 PM
Big Sky:19 voters
MVFC: 18 voters
CAA: 17 voters

Ohio Valley: 14 voters
Southland: 13 voters
Big South: 11 voters
Patriot League: 10 voters
MEAC: 10 voters
Pioneer: 9 voters
Ivy: 9 voters
Southern: 8 voters
Other: 7 voters
SWAC: 6 voters
STATS: 6 voters
Independent: 2 voters

159 total

Why were those folks not voting NDSU #1 all season? The Citadel had more #1 votes for several weeks than NDSU did with only 8 voters from the SoCon. Again the people to be pissed at are your own people. I think the others did a pretty good job at not being homers. So not "far more" but more than enough to swing things your way.

iowastatebison
December 2nd, 2016, 01:12 PM
Why were those folks not voting NDSU #1 all season? The Citadel had more #1 votes for several weeks than NDSU did with only 8 voters from the SoCon. Again the people to be pissed at are your own people. I think the others did a pretty good job at not being homers. So not "far more" but more than enough to swing things your way.

Fair enough.

POD Knows
December 2nd, 2016, 03:35 PM

Integrity and honesty???

citdog
December 2nd, 2016, 03:40 PM
Integrity and honesty???

Yet the Bison faithful complained.... LOUDLY....

POD Knows
December 2nd, 2016, 03:42 PM
Yet the Bison faithful complained.... LOUDLY....

Not this guy, but I get your point.