PDA

View Full Version : Buck Buchanan Award Finalists

JSUSoutherner
November 30th, 2016, 11:39 AM
Dylan Cole, LB, Missouri State
PJ Hall, DE, Sam Houston State
Karter Schult, DE, Northern Iowa

http://www.fcs.football/cfb/story.asp?i=20161130121151022323904&ref=rec&tm=&src=FCS

UNIFanSince1983
November 30th, 2016, 11:47 AM
Great to see Schult as a finalist and hopefully he wins it!

BisonTru
November 30th, 2016, 11:52 AM
Great to see Schult as a finalist and hopefully he wins it!

Schult should win this, IMO. Leads the nation with 16 solo sacks, and 22 solo TFL. Those are impressive numbers especially playing the schedule UNI played.

fmrbearkat
November 30th, 2016, 11:58 AM
Dylan Cole, LB, Missouri State
PJ Hall, DE, Sam Houston State
Karter Schult, DE, Northern Iowa

http://www.fcs.football/cfb/story.asp?i=20161130121151022323904&ref=rec&tm=&src=FCSWhat????? I can't believe P.J. Hall is on this list from some team that doesn't know how to play defense!!!! No mocs, no cocks??? what the hell!!!!!xcoffeex

But seriously though....No NDSU person on the list. Why? Hurt or just everybody's stats so equal that no one stands out? Its obviously a great defense!

JSUSoutherner
November 30th, 2016, 12:00 PM
What????? I can't believe P.J. Hall is on this list from some team that doesn't know how to play defense!!!! No mocs, no cocks??? what the hell!!!!!xcoffeex
xrolleyesx

But seriously though....No NDSU person on the list. Why? Hurt or just everybody's stats so equal that no one stands out? Its obviously a great defense!

I was surprised at that as well. I knew DeLuca was out but I figured Greg Menard or Tre Dempsey would have been on the list somewhere.

They really seem to hate DB's as well.

fmrbearkat
November 30th, 2016, 12:04 PM
xrolleyesxI don't think you or I ever sleep!! I know your night shift and im just a night owl and only sleep 4-5 hours a day and i usually have to be in the office before 9ish. When the hell do you sleep?

JSUSoutherner
November 30th, 2016, 12:08 PM
I don't think you or I ever sleep!! I know your night shift and im just a night owl and only sleep 4-5 hours a day and i usually have to be in the office before 9ish. When the hell do you sleep?
I was only on night shift last week. I'm back at school I don't have many classes (half of them were labs and those ended several weeks ago). I've literally had nothing to do all week. It's been nice.

Anyway, back to the plot.

Milktruck74
November 30th, 2016, 12:13 PM
Davis is 9th. I think in a different Defensive philosophy he would have had the numbers to get him up there. With a defense that very rarely blitzes, sending only 4 allows a double team or two (if the TE stays at home) on every single play. KD rarely went against a single man all year, and still put up some great numbers. If the OL was forced to account for a blitzing LB once in a while, he would have been on that island and blown it up. That said, I can't complain about the finalist....all solid players.

FargoBison
November 30th, 2016, 12:21 PM
What????? I can't believe P.J. Hall is on this list from some team that doesn't know how to play defense!!!! No mocs, no cocks??? what the hell!!!!!xcoffeex

Our defensive players don't usually have the stats to win. DeLuca though if would have stayed healthy would have won this award by a landslide.

Bisonator
November 30th, 2016, 12:23 PM

LB Nick Deluca more then likely would have been a favorite but he's out after 3 games. Rest of our guys just don't have gaudy stats this year. DE Greg Menard has been a bit disappointing this year after a solid 2015 season. LB MJ Stumpf has been our best defensive player IMO.

BisonTru
November 30th, 2016, 12:38 PM

We've lost our two best defensive players in Deluca and Tanguay. Like others have said Deluca would at a minimum be in the running. Tanguay would never put together the stats to be considered, but he was one of those guys you either double or he'll blow up your play. Most teams just doubled him every game, and he'd still make plays.

Do you guys move PJ from the interior to the exterior vice versa or is he primarily a DE? I thought he played a lot of DT last year.

Katfan
November 30th, 2016, 12:40 PM
He moves around some but mostly plays DE

milleniumkat
November 30th, 2016, 12:42 PM
We've lost our two best defensive players in Deluca and Tanguay. Like others have said Deluca would at a minimum be in the running. Tanguay would never put together the stats to be considered, but he was one of those guys you either double or he'll blow up your play. Most teams just doubled him every game, and he'd still make plays.

Do you guys move PJ from the interior to the exterior vice versa or is he primarily a DE? I thought he played a lot of DT last year.

This year he has been moved inside and out. He's done well against the run inside. I expect him in the inside a lot vs Chatty.

www.MKsavedAGS.com

fmrbearkat
November 30th, 2016, 12:55 PM
Our defensive players don't usually have the stats to win. DeLuca though if would have stayed healthy would have won this award by a landslide.

Thats what i figured. Same thing in 2011/2012...they all had really good numbers but that defensive end had GREAT numbers. He was a rare kid for sure.

JSUSoutherner
November 30th, 2016, 01:06 PM
Is DeLuca coming back next year or is he going to try for the NFL?

Bisonator
November 30th, 2016, 01:19 PM
Is DeLuca coming back next year or is he going to try for the NFL?
Suppose to be applying for a redshirt to come back next year.

UNIFanSince1983
November 30th, 2016, 01:20 PM
Suppose to be applying for a redshirt to come back next year.

Well that stinks for the rest of the Valley...

PantherRob82
November 30th, 2016, 01:39 PM

Do we need to start a "non-jackass look at the Buchanan award" thread? xlolx

ysubigred
November 30th, 2016, 01:47 PM

xthumbsupx I could throw a punch for YSU's 9 11 combo xpeacex

PantherRob82
November 30th, 2016, 01:52 PM
xthumbsupx I could throw a punch for YSU's 9 11 combo xpeacex

9-11? Too soon.xnonono2x

ysubigred
November 30th, 2016, 01:57 PM
9-11? Too soon.xnonono2x

Swing and a miss! 9 11 is the #'s of YSU two DE's. 11 was on the BB list and 9 should have been he maybe better than 11.

JSUSoutherner
November 30th, 2016, 01:58 PM
I'm curious what would have happened if Darius Jackson wouldn't have spent almost an hour less time on the field than PJ Hall.

I guess when when you have a defense that knows how to actually get off the feild you don't get to find those things out. xcoffeex

katstrapper
December 1st, 2016, 09:40 AM
He moves around some but mostly plays DE

I don't really know that PJ has the stats this year to win, but he is deserving. Although he has been on the Buchanan Watch List since his freshman year.

kdinva
December 1st, 2016, 10:51 AM
next year, look for VMI LB Allan Cratsenberg to be way up on this list, if not final three....

Bearkat90
December 1st, 2016, 12:00 PM
Great for PJ