PDA

View Full Version : Polls vs Massey

Milktruck74
November 29th, 2016, 03:32 PM
I thought is would be interesting to see what our polls on the Game threads looked like vs Massey. I know it is a completely different calculation, but its fun anyway.

AGS is based on percentage of voters for victory.

Game AGS Votes Massey

JMU 73 75
UNH 27 25

SDS 73 80
Villanova 27 20

UTC 45 35
SHS 55 65

EWU 91 73
UCA 9 27

UR 46 46
UND 54 54

CIT 67 55
WOF 33 45

USD 9 7
NDSU 91 93

JSU 47 62
YSU 53 38

Good work AGS crew....

My formating sucks, but it is AGS% in the First Column and Massey in the second.

BEAR
November 29th, 2016, 03:47 PM
Looks like UCA doesn't stand a chance vs. EWU...much like EWU didn't vs. Wash...

Milktruck74
November 29th, 2016, 03:50 PM
Looks like UCA doesn't stand a chance vs. EWU...much like EWU didn't vs. Wash...

Well, Massey gives you a little better odds.

ElCid
November 29th, 2016, 03:53 PM
I thought is would be interesting to see what our polls on the Game threads looked like vs Massey. I know it is a completely different calculation, but its fun anyway.

AGS is based on percentage of voters for victory.

Game AGS Votes Massey

JMU 73 75
UNH 27 25

SDS 73 80
Villanova 27 20

UTC 45 35
SHS 55 65

EWU 91 73
UCA 9 27

UR 46 46
UND 54 54

CIT 67 55
WOF 33 45

USD 9 7
NDSU 91 93

JSU 47 62
YSU 53 38

Good work AGS crew....

My formating sucks, but it is AGS% in the First Column and Massey in the second.

Took me a while to figure out what you were trying to convey but it looks like the Massey info given is the percentage chance of victory, right? Massey is at 79% on the year picking winners so they probably have 1 wrong and a toss up on one. Who will it be?????

Katfan
November 29th, 2016, 04:03 PM
Better than SD

Milktruck74
November 29th, 2016, 04:07 PM
Took me a while to figure out what you were trying to convey but it looks like the Massey info given is the percentage chance of victory, right? Massey is at 79% on the year picking winners so they probably have 1 wrong and a toss up on one. Who will it be?????

Yes, thats right. I'm praying the wrong is the Mocs, and I think the toss up is UR/UND.

UNIFanSince1983
November 29th, 2016, 04:25 PM

My personal feeling is Massey is wrong on UND over UR, and that The Citadel vs Wofford is a toss up. Of course those are the two he has as the best chances for the lower percentage team, but still how I would look at it objectively.

Will be interesting to go back after the weekend and check how both the polls and Massey did.

ElCid
November 29th, 2016, 04:39 PM
My personal feeling is Massey is wrong on UND over UR, and that The Citadel vs Wofford is a toss up. Of course those are the two he has as the best chances for the lower percentage team, but still how I would look at it objectively.

Will be interesting to go back after the weekend and check how both the polls and Massey did.

Well the ones I think could be wrong, in my order, are as follows. Pretty close to the percentages.

CIT 67 55
WOF 33 45

UR 46 46
UND 54 54

UTC 45 35
SHS 55 65

JSU 47 62
YSU 53 38

JMU 73 75
UNH 27 25

EWU 91 73
UCA 9 27

SDS 73 80
Villanova 27 20

USD 9 7
NDSU 91 93

dudeitsaid
November 29th, 2016, 06:24 PM

What was it with USD versus Cal Poly? It's a game between two good teams. Any team can win, and it looks like weather could be a factor. The weather impacted Cal Poly's game plan far more than USD's. A few years ago, there was a general feeling that Coastal Carolina was going to be hurt by much colder weather than they were used to. Didn't happen.

Good thing is, Beau never has the Eagles drinking from the Koolaid that we are dramatically better than anyone else. The team knows they need to battle like it's the championship game every game. Sometimes, it seems players can still take a team lightly. But I don't think that will happen in the playoffs. That being said, AGS baby! That's what the playoffs are all about!

caribbeanhen
November 29th, 2016, 08:23 PM
More evidence that the MVFC Kool Aide is still flowing freely, AGS voters take YSU at 53 Pct
while Massey is leaning heavy towards JSU.....

JSU 47 62
YSU 53 38

Good work AGS crew....

PantherRob82
November 29th, 2016, 09:28 PM
More evidence that the MVFC Kool Aide is still flowing freely, AGS voters take YSU at 53 Pct

JSU 47 62
YSU 53 38

Good work AGS crew....

That's just trolling. I doubt 53% of people picked them in their bracket, aka where it counts.

JSUSoutherner
November 29th, 2016, 09:34 PM
That's just trolling. I doubt 53% of people picked them in their bracket, aka where it counts.
Is it?

Is it really?

PantherRob82
November 29th, 2016, 09:36 PM
Is it?

Is it really?

Pretty sure. I wouldn't pick YSU against any seed besides maybe UND.

JSUSoutherner
November 29th, 2016, 09:37 PM
Pretty sure. I wouldn't pick YSU against any seed besides maybe UND.
But... but... their MVFC toughness! They'll pound us senseless.

Thumper 76
November 29th, 2016, 09:58 PM

Well in my playoff picks thread the picks are

JSU: 20 YSU: 13

Of those that picked YSU 3 were bison fans, one Jacks fan, 3 YSU fans, a JMU fan and a Lehigh fan. Considering that of the people picking there around 65% are fans of MVFC schools, I would say that mildly exposes his trolling.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

caribbeanhen
November 30th, 2016, 04:14 AM
Well in my playoff picks thread the picks are

JSU: 20 YSU: 13

Of those that picked YSU 3 were bison fans, one Jacks fan, 3 YSU fans, a JMU fan and a Lehigh fan. Considering that of the people picking there around 65% are fans of MVFC schools, I would say that mildly exposes his trolling.

not sure who your mildly accusing of trolling, but this has nothing to do with trolling, just a comparison with historical group think and mind control..

there were a few Jonestown campers who actually ran into the jungle while the mass suicide occurred and they survived...... those guys picked Central Arkansas to win.

obviously we have a madman lurking and practicing mind control games on AGS...... lock the doors

ElCid
November 30th, 2016, 07:23 AM
not sure who your mildly accusing of trolling, but this has nothing to do with trolling, just a comparison with historical group think and mind control..

there were a few Jonestown campers who actually ran into the jungle while the mass suicide occurred and they survived...... those guys picked Central Arkansas to win.

obviously we have a madman lurking and practicing mind control games on AGS...... lock the doors

I survived the kool aid, I mean Cent Ark. Had to. Something to do with that field......

UNIFanSince1983
November 30th, 2016, 08:49 AM

JSU 47 62
YSU 53 38

Good work AGS crew....

I am not sure I would say 62% is heavily in favor of JSU. I mean it is a 20 point swing, but to think after seeing YSU play last week and knowing JSU has been struggling to score it isn't a huge stretch to pick YSU. That said if I were to vote in the poll I would pick JSU, but it isn't out of the realm of possibility.

Milktruck74
November 30th, 2016, 09:00 AM
I am not sure I would say 62% is heavily in favor of JSU. I mean it is a 20 point swing, but to think after seeing YSU play last week and knowing JSU has been struggling to score it isn't a huge stretch to pick YSU. That said if I were to vote in the poll I would pick JSU, but it isn't out of the realm of possibility.

It's the playoffs, so nothing is out of the realm...except a PFL win.....oh, nevermind!!1

tomq04
November 30th, 2016, 09:04 AM
How in the world does USD have a 9% chance to win against NDSU.

Milktruck74
November 30th, 2016, 09:06 AM

Massey and a few delusional fans on AGS..... but they did beat CP, who beat Montana, who beat UNI..........eventually You can get to a close game against NDSU.....hahaha.

UNIFanSince1983
November 30th, 2016, 09:08 AM

People like Carribeanhen and Cluck U voting for USD...

Thumper 76
November 30th, 2016, 09:18 AM
Massey and a few delusional fans on AGS..... but they did beat CP, who beat Montana, who beat UNI..........eventually You can get to a close game against NDSU.....hahaha.

Actually shorter chain than you think. USD beat Cal Poly who beat SDSU who beat NDSU. Boom.

Interestingly each team that won was the road team

UNIFanSince1983
November 30th, 2016, 09:24 AM

USD > CP > Montana > UNI > ISUb > ISUr > SDSU > NDSU

Although as Thumper has said there is a shorter path.

Milktruck74
November 30th, 2016, 09:28 AM
USD > CP > Montana > UNI > ISUb > ISUr > SDSU > NDSU

Although as Thumper has said there is a shorter path.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TCKOI24k_UY

caribbeanhen
November 30th, 2016, 01:34 PM
I survived the kool aid, I mean Cent Ark. Had to. Something to do with that field......

Not surprised, your one of the more if not the most intelligent life forms on AGS.... Plus your cultured, and don't walk around with your head buried in the prairie sand or the Rabbit Hole.... You've probably had many life experiences and lived in several countries......just guessing haha

UNIFanSince1983
December 3rd, 2016, 10:18 PM

JSU 47 62
YSU 53 38

Good work AGS crew....

Interesting. Good ole MVFC homers were right...

clenz
December 3rd, 2016, 10:20 PM

JSU 47 62
YSU 53 38

Good work AGS crew....

But... but... their MVFC toughness! They'll pound us senseless.

Welp