PDA

View Full Version : CAA Postseason/Offseason thread

Pages : [1] 2 3

Gangtackle11
November 29th, 2016, 01:52 PM
A place to talk about your CAA teams until the 2017 season.

We'll have plenty to discuss including the Delaware Blue Hens new coach being selected.

Good luck to UNH, Richmond, Villanova & JMU in the FCS playoffs this weekend & beyond!!

bluehenbillk
November 29th, 2016, 01:54 PM
Yep, looking for a new coaching staff & a bunch of transfers, including the QB & WR positions in Newark. We may piss off the Spider fans if UD nabs Rocco from Richmond but I'm a little skeptical of that personally.

Terry2889
November 29th, 2016, 02:07 PM
Think we might be pretty good the next two years. Schedule will be much tougher though.

Gangtackle11
November 30th, 2016, 05:56 AM
The Andy Talley era ends & the Mark Ferrante era begins in 2017.

I expect Villanova to be pretty good next season. They will need to retool a bit on defense graduating All-CAA defensive performers DE Tanoh Kpassagnon, LB Austin Calitro,& DE Brian Osei. Starting CB Jason Ceneus will also graduate.

Offense will lose starting LT Brad Seaton & LG Nico DeAngelo. RB Javon White who was a part time starter is also graduating.

9 starters will return on offense & 7 on defense.

Mattymc727
November 30th, 2016, 06:27 AM
Does URI win a game?

MR. CHICKEN
November 30th, 2016, 07:33 AM
Does URI win a game?

......IS DELAWARE....ON DEY'RE SKED?.......xsighx......RAWAK!

MR. CHICKEN
November 30th, 2016, 05:00 PM
.........GOTTAH E-MAIL....FROM C. RAWAK....YOU-DEE......AFFLETIC DIRECTOR......NO MO'......AFFLETIC DONATIONS...REQUIRED TA KEEP...YER SEASON TICKETS.....IFIN' YA SIT IN SECTIONS A THRU N....PARKIN' & PREMIUM BOX-SEATIN'......WILL STILL COST YA'S SOME DUCATS..........NEW COACH....FANS IN DUH STADIUM.......NORFF DAKOTAH STATE....H/H....ON DUH HORIZON.....DIS GIRL....MEANS BIDNESS.....'BOUT GETTIN' US BACK ON TOP..........BRAWK!

caribbeanhen
November 30th, 2016, 06:27 PM
So according to the Flightaware site there was a flight that departed Wilmington last Friday late afternoon, went to Richmond, stayed on deck for 38 minutes before returning to Wilmington..... I've pretty much resigned my thinking to Rocco being the Coach of the Delaware Bluehens, I'm not head over heels about this strong rumor......

UNHWildcat18
November 30th, 2016, 07:15 PM
I think URI will improve for next year, I think the youngsters showed flashes at the end of this season. URI needs to do itself a favor and schedule a d-2 team and bottom fcs team such as morgan state Delaware state or pioneer team. I know they will lose the FBS game but damn win some easy OOC games to build confidence, I doubt they make playoffs next year so they could use some confidence boosting.

Gangtackle11
December 4th, 2016, 10:57 AM
Thanks Coach Talley it was a wonderful ride. You gave one of the best of the MVFC a tough game on their home turf, but came up short.

Cats for the 1st time since the program was brought back in 1985 will have a coach not named Andrew J. Talley.

It will be interesting what Coach Ferrante keeps the same and/or changes.

DirtyDukes
December 4th, 2016, 10:57 AM
Nothing but respect for Andy, what an amazing career.

MR. CHICKEN
December 4th, 2016, 11:39 AM
....HEN FANS....WOOD LIKE TA BURY DUH HATCHET.....'TWEEN ANDY'S SHOULDER BLADES.......BUT PRETTY SURE....UH LOTTAH PECKERHEADS.......WERE WHIFF YA.....IN SOUFF DAKOTAH......AWK!

Gangtackle11
December 4th, 2016, 01:11 PM
....HEN FANS....WOOD LIKE TA BURY DUH HATCHET.....'TWEEN ANDY'S SHOULDER BLADES.......BUT PRETTY SURE....UH LOTTAH PECKERHEADS.......WERE WHIFF YA.....IN SOUFF DAKOTAH......AWK!

Thanks Mr. Chicken. In the end us CAA teams are a brotherhood come playoff time!

Time to root for the Virginia boys!!

RoyHobbs101
December 4th, 2016, 01:20 PM
BIG props to Talley. A class act all the way around. I'm a happy Spider today, but didn't want to let the day pass without sending along much earned respect to the Wildcats and their great coach.

reeder
December 4th, 2016, 02:45 PM
So according to the Flightaware site there was a flight that departed Wilmington last Friday late afternoon, went to Richmond, stayed on deck for 38 minutes before returning to Wilmington..... I've pretty much resigned my thinking to Rocco being the Coach of the Delaware Bluehens, I'm not head over heels about this strong rumor......

This may have been discussed somewhere and I missed it but why would Rocco go to Delaware? He has a pretty good gig at Richmond and it seems that Delaware is a lateral move.

bostonspider
December 4th, 2016, 07:08 PM
It really depends on whether UR's administration is willing to step up and support Rocco as he deserves.

spdram
December 4th, 2016, 07:26 PM
Hats off to Andy, class act, great coach will be hard to follow. I credit Dave Clawson with resurrecting our program, he credits Andy with teaching him much about the game.

Stonewall D
December 4th, 2016, 08:16 PM
This may have been discussed somewhere and I missed it but why would Rocco go to Delaware? He has a pretty good gig at Richmond and it seems that Delaware is a lateral move.
Probably the biggest issue is that UR's administration will provide no raises for assistants- he has outstanding assistants, but UR will not pay them a living salary. Each has a family to support.
There are other issues, such as facilities, stipends for players, summer school for players, and the recent dismissal from the team of the 2nd string QB. Coach feels as though the administration at UR does not have the team's best interests at heart.

spdram
December 5th, 2016, 05:20 AM
D your statements are not consistent with what I hear. I agree support by the Administration is Danny's concern, IMU but your list is not accurate.

jmu007
December 5th, 2016, 07:52 AM
Who else have you lost recently besides Trott? I'd consider his leaving an out-liar considering the $ and relationship w/ Houston.

Terry2889
December 5th, 2016, 08:43 AM
Thanks Coach Talley it was a wonderful ride. You gave one of the best of the MVFC a tough game on their home turf, but came up short.

Cats for the 1st time since the program was brought back in 1985 will have a coach not named Andrew J. Talley.

It will be interesting what Coach Ferrante keeps the same and/or changes.

Just one more on a list of fantastic coaches from the CAA/ Yankee/ A-10 conference. He did it with compassion and class the whole way. The Laycocke's, Bowes, Raymonds, and Mcdonnells of the college football world remind us of what amateur athletics is all about.

SFspidur
December 5th, 2016, 02:26 PM
Who else have you lost recently besides Trott? I'd consider his leaving an out-liar considering the $ and relationship w/ Houston.

We haven't lost a ton of coaches for non-obvious reasons that might be linked to $$$, but it does seem to be a sticking point. Their loyalty to Rocco and a winning program have likely helped us retain these guys even without top dollar salaries, but at some point they need to be shown the money.

From last season, we lost:

- Trott (DC): JMU DC
- Fisher (OC): Western Illinois HC

From 2014, we lost:

- Streeter (OC): Clemson QB (alum)
- Thweatt (ILB): Virginia State HC (now JMU ILB)

From 2013, we lost:

- Lineburg (RB and Assoc HC; previously interim HC): UConn WR (now QB)

From 2012, we didn't lose anyone.

melloware13
December 5th, 2016, 09:57 PM
I am putting together a spreadsheet to piece together next season's schedules, and came across some interesting dates on Stony Brook's site (link here: http://stonybrookathletics.com/schedule.aspx?path=football)

This is what they have for next season:
9/2 @ USF
9/9 @ Rhode Island
9/16 v Sacred Heart
9/23 v Towson
9/30 @ William & Mary
10/7 v Delaware
10/14 v New Hampshire
10/28 @ Richmond
11/4 v Albany (is the Pope coming?)
11/11 v Wagner
11/18 @ Maine

Richmond has a list of "important campus dates" that lists home games for 2017 as:
9/16 v Howard
9/23 v Elon
10/7 v Albany
10/28 v Stony Brook
11/18 v William & Mary

BigHouseClosedEnd
December 5th, 2016, 10:06 PM
What a putrid home slate for the Spiders.

Gangtackle11
December 6th, 2016, 05:57 AM
Article on Talley & his future:

http://www.philly.com/philly/sports/colleges/villanova/20161206_Kern__Talley_begins_post-coaching_run_at_Villanova.html?mobi=true

Sitting Bull
December 6th, 2016, 06:23 AM
Assuming no changes on CAA rotation, W&M appears below though no firm dates for all as yet.

Home: Bucknell, Stony Brook, JMU, UNH, Towson
Away: Virginia, Norfolk State, Delaware, Maine, Elon, Richmond

caribbeanhen
December 6th, 2016, 06:49 AM
Probably the biggest issue is that UR's administration will provide no raises for assistants- he has outstanding assistants, but UR will not pay them a living salary. Each has a family to support.
There are other issues, such as facilities, stipends for players, summer school for players, and the recent dismissal from the team of the 2nd string QB. Coach feels as though the administration at UR does not have the team's best interests at heart.

what is a "living" salary?

Dukie95
December 6th, 2016, 07:07 AM
How do they do the scheduling now, is it just last year's schedule but swapping home/away, or is it more complex than that now?

I feel like UNH has to be due for another regular season trip to Harrisonburg. Ricky Santos was QB last time they came.

MacThor
December 6th, 2016, 10:41 AM
How do they do the scheduling now, is it just last year's schedule but swapping home/away, or is it more complex than that now?

I feel like UNH has to be due for another regular season trip to Harrisonburg. Ricky Santos was QB last time they came.

That is a good question. At one point I thought they still had two (virtual) North and South divisions, so you'd play the same 5 every year and home-and-home half of the other division every two years.
But I tried to suss that out and it didn't work - the only teams I'm sure UR will play every year are you and W&M.

Sitting Bull
December 6th, 2016, 10:57 AM
I've had the impression - or remember reading somewhere - that each member has 5 annual conference opponents and 3 which can rotate.

For W&M - it appears UR, JMU, Elon, Delaware and Towson are the annual field.

MacThor
December 6th, 2016, 12:19 PM
I've had the impression - or remember reading somewhere - that each member has 5 annual conference opponents and 3 which can rotate.

For W&M - it appears UR, JMU, Elon, Delaware and Towson are the annual field.

That sounds right. I tried to create a "south" division of the 3 VA schools, Elon, Delaware & Towson, but JMU didn't play Towson - so I gave up. :)
All 3 VA schools did play Elon & Delaware though.

UNH_Alum_In_CT
December 6th, 2016, 01:33 PM

I have no idea how they do the scheduling now! There isn't any discernible pattern that I can detect. We have played three teams for nine consecutive years -- Maine, Rhody and William & Mary. Since Albany, Stony Brook and Elon have joined the league, UNH has played them every season.

RJ Toman was the QB the last time UNH visited JMU in the regular season (2010).

http://www.unhwildcats.com/boxscore.aspx?path=football&id=47

melloware13
December 6th, 2016, 03:49 PM
Last year, they released a sheet that had the teams in three groups, just not labeled that way. "North" was Maine, UNH, URI, Albany, SBU; "Middle" was Nova, Delaware, Towson; "South" was VA schools + Elon. Seemed that you play everyone in your pod, and then fill out the schedule to get to 8.

Gangtackle11
December 22nd, 2016, 09:35 AM
Villanova will not open their season with the usual FBS matchup. Temple is taking on Notre Dame on September 2nd and then will play Villanova on September 9th at the Linc.

The Wildcats will open at Lehigh on September 2nd. They also play Lafayette and Coach Garrett's Renaissance men on 9/23. (See interview video)

The rest of the schedule will be CAA opponents TBD.

Gangtackle11
December 22nd, 2016, 10:09 AM
Villanova Post Season:

DE Tanoh Kpassagnon named 1st team AA on all so far.

LB Austin Calitro named 2nd team STATS FCS AA.

DB Rob Rolle named 2nd team AA by Collegesportdmadness.com

DC Billy Crocker nominated as FCS assistant coach of the year. Defense ranked #1 in FCS.

Gangtackle11
December 22nd, 2016, 09:56 PM
4 new head coaches in CAA next season:

Delaware: Danny Rocco

Elon: ?

Richmond: Russ Huesman

Villanova: Mark Ferrante

spdram
December 23rd, 2016, 05:30 AM
New HC at Richmond will be Russ Huesman, was HC at UTC and had been UR DC prior for 5 years, including 2008 the year we won the NC in Chattanooga

Mattymc727
December 23rd, 2016, 06:47 AM
No news out of Durham. Standard offseason for the Wildcats. Looking back on it, UNH had a pretty decent season considering the youth. UNH should be a top 3 CAA team next year with all thats returning. We always hope the kids get a little better over the off-season, especially in key positions like QB, WR, DB, but we shall see. DeAndrade and Crossan are really the only impact seniors that the team will miss as they graduate.

An interesting thing to watch will be the QB battle, the key cog in the UNH program over the years. Does Trevor Knight improve into his JR year? Do they hand it over to highly regarded RS freshman Christian Lupoli? Does Ivan Niyomugabo get a shot? Does another freshman come in and compete?

Gangtackle11
December 23rd, 2016, 07:37 AM
Villanova loses some big names on defense. Most notably future NFL player DE Tanoh Kpassagnon. That said they have 16 starters back from a 9-4 team. A new coach (assistant here for 30 years) that I think will inject some fire into the program. This year's recruiting class was filled with FBS offered recruits.

Immediate future is bright. Will compete for CAA title.

caribbeanhen
December 23rd, 2016, 07:40 AM
4 new head coaches in CAA next season:

Delaware: Danny Rocco

Elon: ? Elton John

Richmond: Russ Huesman

Villanova: Mark Ferrante

made a guess here..

PurpleStreamers
December 23rd, 2016, 09:11 AM
Villanova Post Season:

DE Tanoh Kpassagnon named 1st team AA on all so far.

LB Austin Calitro named 2nd team STATS FCS AA.

DB Rob Rolle named 2nd team AA by Collegesportdmadness.com

DC Billy Crocker nominated as FCS assistant coach of the year. Defense ranked #1 in FCS.

Seen any draft projections for Kpassagnon? Actually, I'm assuming/hoping he's a senior ha. That kid is a beast.

MRuler
December 23rd, 2016, 10:30 AM
I would be surprised if Albany did not improve on this past season record. 7-4 was not an awful record although the losses to Delaware and Maine hurt their NCAA aspirations. They had 6 players on the All CAA team which I believe 4 of them return. They open with Old Dominion and I am unsure of the other OOC games. They should get their receiving core back at full strength, the TE will be a force but they need to replace almost the entire OL. Hanks should be ready to go. I can see a JUCO QB coming for next year. This should be the year we get over the "hump"

ccd494
December 23rd, 2016, 10:50 AM
If Maine finds a QB, they'll be a playoff contender. If Maine doesn't find a QB, they won't. How's that for analysis?

Gangtackle11
December 23rd, 2016, 12:36 PM
Seen any draft projections for Kpassagnon? Actually, I'm assuming/hoping he's a senior ha. That kid is a beast.

He is a senior. Lol. He's had a lot of interest. Have seen anywhere from 2nd to 5th. He's going to Senior Bowl & probably NFL combine. His measurables are reportedly off the charts.

Tribe4SF
December 23rd, 2016, 03:02 PM
This seems like a good place to include recruiting news for CAA. Post your teams current known commitments.

W&M

QB Shon Mitchell 5'11 185lb Chesapeake, VA
OL Clint Marshall 6'4 300lb Chesapeake, VA
DE Bryden Reed 6'3 240lb Charlotte, NC
DB Nygil Dalton 5'10 181lb Lexington, NC
OLB/TE Jarrett Heckert 6'3 212lb Annapolis, MD
OG/DT Griffin Gilder 6'4 280lb Roswell, GA
RB Owen Wright 5'10 205lb Bethesda, MD
DT/TE Will Kiely 6'4 255lb Exton, PA
WR/FS Amonyea Watson 6'2 180lb Newport News, VA
DE/TE Carl Fowler 6'4 250lb Durham, NC
WR/FS/LB Gage Herdman 6'3 195lb Oakton, VA
TE/LB Nick Muse 6'5 245 Belmont, NC
LB Riley Fox 6' 217 Salem, VA

Top rated guys are Shon Mitchell (3* who at one point had offers from Va Tech and Wake Forest. Set all-time Virginia passing records with over 11,000 yards and 123 TDs) and Amonyea Watson (15 offers including Syracuse and Vanderbilt).

RootinFerDukes
December 23rd, 2016, 03:24 PM
JMU just got Marcus Marshall, Georgia tech's leading rusher from the last two years, as a transfer. He is also the son of JMU's all time rushing yards leader warren Marshall. He has two years of eligibility remaining.
We also picked up a 3 star DL recruit. I forget his name.

Dane96
December 23rd, 2016, 07:05 PM
Albany's Verbal Commits (so far): We got an absolutely phenomenal set of JUCO's (Lackawanna): Schuback, Walker, and Diggs. Schuback and Walker fill need positions (LB). Solt was a steal (his father was Ron Solt who had many years in the NFL). He held offers from a few FBS schools...and is an absolute need position fill. We also got bigger on the DL, a must.

Mazon Walker DT 5'11 290
Zach Verdi DE 6’2 245
Anthony Lang OLB 6’3 225
Shane Schuback ILB 6’2 238
Justin Walker LB 6’1 230
Daniel Banks DB 5’10 165
Damon Burton Jr. DB 5’10 170
Karl Mofor RB 5’9 185
Jerod Diggs WR 6’0 187
Marquis Thorne WR 6’4 204
Eric Carter OL 6’4 280
Hunter Verdi OL 6’5 310
Ryan Solt OG 6’3 290

Gangtackle11
December 23rd, 2016, 08:01 PM
Villanova Class of 2021:

QB Kyle McCloskey:
http://www.hudl.com/profile/2957575/kyle-mccloskey

RB Damone Drew:
http://www.hudl.com/profile/3031106/damone-drew

Julian Liaci WR
http://www.hudl.com/profile/4004131/julian-liaci

Trajan Anderson LB:
http://www.hudl.com/profile/2797324/trajan-anderson

Jared Nelson DL:
http://www.hudl.com/profile/4788641/jared-nelson

Malik Fisher DE:
http://www.hudl.com/profile/4450953/malik-fisher

Lorenzo Hernandez NT:
http://www.hudl.com/athlete/6227729/lorenzo-hernandez

Josh Patrick LB:
https://www.hudl.com/profile/4356752/josh-patrick

Forrest Rhyne LB:
http://www.hudl.com/profile/2281078/forrest-rhyne

Javon Jones S:
https://www.hudl.com/profile/3410796/jevon-jones

Jaquan Amos S:
http://www.hudl.com/profile/4023493/jaquan-amos

Darryl McDaniel DB:
http://www.hudl.com/profile/4287354/darryl-mcdaniel

Amin Black LB:
http://www.hudl.com/profile/2168664/amin-black

QB & RB held FBS offers. QB had MAC offers. RB had UVA offer. Plenty of talent here. Loaded up with 10 defensive players including 4 LBs.

KPSUL
December 24th, 2016, 10:21 AM
I would be surprised if Albany did not improve on this past season record. 7-4 was not an awful record although the losses to Delaware and Maine hurt their NCAA aspirations. They had 6 players on the All CAA team which I believe 4 of them return. They open with Old Dominion and I am unsure of the other OOC games. They should get their receiving core back at full strength, the TE will be a force but they need to replace almost the entire OL. Hanks should be ready to go. I can see a JUCO QB coming for next year. This should be the year we get over the "hump"

What was the final diagnosis on Ibitokun - Hanks; was it an ACL ? Has he had surgery?

UAalum72
December 24th, 2016, 10:50 AM
What was the final diagnosis on Ibitokun - Hanks; was it an ACL ? Has he had surgery?
An MRI confirmed a torn ACL on 11/22 with surgery expected "within a few weeks". Recovery time was said to be usually six to nine months.
http://blog.timesunion.com/collegesports/ualbany-football-puts-three-players-on-all-caa-first-team/22289/

Tribe4SF
December 24th, 2016, 12:06 PM
This seems like a good place to include recruiting news for CAA. Post your teams current known commitments.

W&M

Top rated guys are Shon Mitchell (3* who at one point had offers from Va Tech and Wake Forest. Set all-time Virginia passing records with over 11,000 yards and 123 TDs) and Amonyea Watson (15 offers including Syracuse and Vanderbilt).

Muse added to Tribe list last evening.

caribbeanhen
December 25th, 2016, 09:20 AM
obviously the discussion on Delaware is how many Richmond assistants will Rocco bring, indicators are UD will keep 2 from the current staff, the interim head coach and maybe the RB coach, this clean sweep is long overdue and for whatever reason Brock did not make changes last year, Brock conducted business as a HC like a dead man waking... no QB for 2 years, no WR's to help a raw freshman QB that was his project... so many things ..... just a real head scratcher as to why he was hired in the first place...

Gangtackle11
December 25th, 2016, 11:55 AM
obviously the discussion on Delaware is how many Richmond assistants will Rocco bring, indicators are UD will keep 2 from the current staff, the interim head coach and maybe the RB coach, this clean sweep is long overdue and for whatever reason Brock did not make changes last year, Brock conducted business as a HC like a dead man waking... no QB for 2 years, no WR's to help a raw freshman QB that was his project... so many things ..... just a real head scratcher as to why he was hired in the first place...

He was AD Eric Zaidy's buddy at BC. He had a resume with KState, Rutgers, & BC. It wasn't like he came out of nowhere.

I had a couple of quick conversations with him. Quick witted guy who was well intentioned. Just didn't get the job done.

Results ultimately mean something at a place like Delaware. It was easy to like Brock as easy as it is to not like Rocco for me as a Nova fan.

Looking forward to this being a intense rivalry once again.

caribbeanhen
December 26th, 2016, 07:00 AM
He was AD Eric Zaidy's buddy at BC. He had a resume with KState, Rutgers, & BC. It wasn't like he came out of nowhere.

I had a couple of quick conversations with him. Quick witted guy who was well intentioned. Just didn't get the job done.

Results ultimately mean something at a place like Delaware. It was easy to like Brock as easy as it is to not like Rocco for me as a Nova fan.

Looking forward to this being a intense rivalry once again.

Yes, all Delaware fans know it was a buddy hire, but no one can explain why Walker was the QB for 2 years... but I'm sure the rest of the CAA enjoyed Delaware's inside plan to destroy Delaware football... but no more excuses, it's time to start winning some games again..

Gangtackle11
January 2nd, 2017, 10:19 AM
Villanova DE Tanoh Kpassagnon will be a Senior Bowl participant & LB Austin Calitro will participate at the East/West Shrine game.

Congrats & good luck to both!!

Tribe4SF
January 3rd, 2017, 07:21 AM

W&M

Tribe gets LB Riley Fox who previously had committed to Richmond.

KPSUL
January 3rd, 2017, 03:00 PM
Villanova DE Tanoh Kpassagnon will be a Senior Bowl participant & LB Austin Calitro will participate at the East/West Shrine game.

Congrats & good luck to both!!

Good News!! (If that means they are both seniors and therefore won't be playing 2017 CAA conference games)

KPSUL
January 3rd, 2017, 03:03 PM
Tribe gets LB Riley Fox who previously had committed to Richmond.

It will be interesting to see if Coach Jimmye can find a way to underachieve again with this impressive group of incoming Freshmen.

iBOsbu
January 3rd, 2017, 07:02 PM
We finally started the expansion of the north end:

https://mobile.twitter.com/StonyBrookFAC/status/814858160871796736

Tribe4SF
January 4th, 2017, 04:07 AM
We finally started the expansion of the north end:

https://mobile.twitter.com/StonyBrookFAC/status/814858160871796736

How many seats will be added with this?

iBOsbu
January 4th, 2017, 12:46 PM
About 2000... Will increase from about 8000 to 10000.

Seawolf97
January 4th, 2017, 03:44 PM
Officially the stadium will now hold 10,400. Also going in are additional restrooms and concession stands . Should all be done by opening day for sure.

BigHouseClosedEnd
January 5th, 2017, 09:17 PM
When is Stony Brook going to take the next step and grab a playoff berth or two?. Good coach and solid facilities at a school that seems to want to win. What's the problem?

Gangtackle11
January 5th, 2017, 09:47 PM
Delaware hires coaching staff. Looks like a lot of ex-Spiders:

http://www.udel.edu/udaily/2017/january/football-coaching-staff/

Seawolf97
January 6th, 2017, 10:11 AM
When is Stony Brook going to take the next step and grab a playoff berth or two?. Good coach and solid facilities at a school that seems to want to win. What's the problem? We should have a new QB this season in Tyrique Fields a red shirt freshmen. That should liven up our offense which has played very conservative football the last two seasons . They say this kid has an arm and can run when he needs to . Love to see us back in the play off picture this year

iBOsbu
January 10th, 2017, 06:03 PM
DC Lyle Hemphill is leaving Stony Brook for Wake Forest as secondary coach :(

whoanellie
January 10th, 2017, 10:14 PM
what are your sources for FCS commits?

W&M

Tribe4SF
January 11th, 2017, 06:41 AM
what are your sources for FCS commits?

Tracked pretty well here. Twitter and newspaper articles usually the source. Tribe Football twitter account posts commitments with position group and area code when they come in.

http://csnbbs.com/thread-743667-page-39.html

RootinFerDukes
January 13th, 2017, 10:44 AM
I'm not trying to start a political internet fight, so please lay off, but is there truth to the rumor that these CAA schedules are holding off on the fact that the NY public schools won't allow their athletic programs to travel to NC because of their bathroom bill?

There's no apparent sign in sight of their legislature repealing it anytime soon, so what are we still waiting on? If Albany won't play there this year, change the schedule accordingly and lets move on.

To make it even trickier moving forward, VA republicans are pushing for something similar. McAulliffe will veto it in a heartbeat but if a republican governor wins in 2017, here we go again for the 2018 season.

Gangtackle11
January 13th, 2017, 12:09 PM
I'm not trying to start a political internet fight, so please lay off, but is there truth to the rumor that these CAA schedules are holding off on the fact that the NY public schools won't allow their athletic programs to travel to NC because of their bathroom bill?

There's no apparent sign in sight of their legislature repealing it anytime soon, so what are we still waiting on? If Albany won't play there this year, change the schedule accordingly and lets move on.

To make it even trickier moving forward, VA republicans are pushing for something similar. McAulliffe will veto it in a heartbeat but if a republican governor wins in 2017, here we go again for the 2018 season.

Definitely could be a reason for delay. I'm with you change the matchup & move on for now. Revisit next year.

Gangtackle11
January 13th, 2017, 09:51 PM
Villanova DC Billy Crocker reportedly has been named DC @ UConn.

caribbeanhen
January 14th, 2017, 07:05 AM
Delaware has hired Matt Simon as Offensive Coordinator, he was RB coach at Buffalo..... the Henhouse is researching the guy as pretty much nobody had ever heard of him.... he has his work cut out for him

Seawolf97
January 14th, 2017, 09:30 AM

Leave it to the politicians to hose things up .

UNHWildcat18
January 14th, 2017, 09:48 AM
Villanova DC Billy Crocker reportedly has been named DC @ UConn.

Thats stinks losing him to UCONN of all FBS schools

Gangtackle11
January 14th, 2017, 10:04 AM
Thats stinks losing him to UCONN of all FBS schools

He grew up in Waterford & was given a 3 year $300k per year contract. No brainer even at UConn.

He's a great coach. Big loss, but very happy for him & family.

citdog
January 14th, 2017, 01:49 PM

Boys have a penis and girls have a vagina. Pretty simple stuff.

reeder
January 15th, 2017, 09:54 AM

Based on this paragraph in the law, Albany might be allowed to go to Elon as there is an implicit prior contractual obligations with the CAA scheduling process - atleast that's how it can be interpreted. Lawyers may not agree with that interpretation but I can see an argument being made.

To bar any such publicly funded or publicly sponsored travel to such location, unless such travel is necessary for the enforcement of New York State law, to meet prior contractual obligations, or for the protection of public health, welfare, and safety.

Gangtackle11
January 15th, 2017, 11:54 AM
Based on this paragraph in the law, Albany might be allowed to go to Elon as there is an implicit prior contractual obligations with the CAA scheduling process - atleast that's how it can be interpreted. Lawyers may not agree with that interpretation but I can see an argument being made.

To bar any such publicly funded or publicly sponsored travel to such location, unless such travel is necessary for the enforcement of New York State law, to meet prior contractual obligations, or for the protection of public health, welfare, and safety.

See your angle. That could be the bandaid for this year, but Albany/Stony Brook not going to NC and/or Va. would be a big problem for the CAA long term.

RootinFerDukes
January 15th, 2017, 02:03 PM
Yep, I'm not saying they aren't free to go or not go wherever they want to, but if it drags out and the NY schools won't schedule games in NC or VA, it sounds like they would need to exit the conference.

whoanellie
January 15th, 2017, 05:48 PM
As a private school, Elon has a LONG stated [policy in HB-2 issues.I feel that the courts will straighten this out. [QUOTE=RootinFerDukes;2447977]Yep, I'm not saying they aren't free to go or not go wherever they want to, but if it drags out and the NY schools won't schedule games in NC or VA, it sounds like they would need to exit the conference.[/QUO

mainejeff
January 16th, 2017, 09:35 AM
Very interesting recruiting drama this year with Rocco from Richmond to Delaware and bringing some Spider recruits with him. Delaware is cleaning up so far.

Mattymc727
January 16th, 2017, 11:14 AM
Delaware stole 2 of our guys. Bastards

Tribe4SF
January 16th, 2017, 11:48 AM
Very interesting recruiting drama this year with Rocco from Richmond to Delaware and bringing some Spider recruits with him. Delaware is cleaning up so far.

Tribe has picked up two former Spider commits, and hoping for one more.

DirtyDukes
January 16th, 2017, 03:11 PM
SORRY SPATTERS

UAalum72
January 16th, 2017, 10:09 PM
Penn State DT Antoine White transferring to Albany. Redshirt junior with two years of eligibility left. Played in all 14 games this year, with 17 tackles and 1.5 sacks. Played 10 games in 2015. 6'2", 290 lbs.

http://lancasteronline.com/sports/football/pennstate/penn-state-dt-antoine-white-transferring-to-albany/article_7453bc5e-dc53-11e6-8101-0f8356fdae8c.html

bluehenbillk
January 17th, 2017, 07:59 AM
Thats a good get for Albany. Rocco & crew didn't waste any time bringing in some studs to Newark. We'll see what the finished product looks like in a few weeks. Signing day may be nice for Delaware but unless they bring in a transfer QB they'll be no factor in 2017.

Gangtackle11
January 17th, 2017, 08:44 AM
Now that longtime assistant Mark Ferrante is in charge he has some hiring to do. Needs 3 new coaches to replace. 2 defensive & his OL spot.

Joe Trainer is logical choice to regain the DC position (was Nova DC from 2000-04). He's been on staff as DL coach.

Ive been told that OL guy has been hired, but not announced yet.

Villanova held their awards banquet on Saturday.
Award winners:
Offense: Zach Bednarczyk QB
Defense: Tanoh Kpassagnon DE
Special Teams: John Hinchen P
Newcomer: Julian Williams S
12th man (Spirit): TJ White LB

Austin Calitro LB will play in this weekend's East West Shrine Game.
Tanoh Kpassagnon DE will play in the Senior Bowl on 1/28.

bostonspider
January 17th, 2017, 11:13 AM
UR announced their schedule.

Richmond's 2017 football schedule

Aug. 31, at Sam Houston State

Sept. 9, at Colgate; 16, Howard; 23, Elon

Oct. 7, Albany; 14 at Towson; 21, at Delaware; 28, Stony Brook

Nov. 4, at Villanova; 11, at James Madison; 18, William & Mary.

https://scontent.fbed1-1.fna.fbcdn.net/v/t31.0-8/s960x960/16112934_1414553381923055_8515727809629806708_o.jp g?oh=8df214795ae8628d6f8d55f9580ecc78&oe=590BF57F

http://www.richmond.com/sports/article_bcfddfd7-2097-53f0-93e7-50132f5b8c8e.html

bostonspider
January 17th, 2017, 11:15 AM
UR also hired former starter Aaron Corp as QB coach

http://www.richmond.com/sports/article_2164bea3-95da-5987-9f1a-b9fa533cc094.html

RootinFerDukes
January 17th, 2017, 11:27 AM
UR has all of its tougher games on the road this year. Does it upset spider fans to only see five home games? It happens on the road year of a home and home series. No fbs either.

bostonspider
January 17th, 2017, 11:49 AM
I think many were upset that BC backed out of the game in Boston this year. The replacement with SHSU is ok, but beating the Eagles would have been nice, and selfishly I wanted to tailgate and have a great time here in Boston.

PurpleStreamers
January 17th, 2017, 12:28 PM
I think many were upset that BC backed out of the game in Boston this year. The replacement with SHSU is ok, but beating the Eagles would have been nice, and selfishly I wanted to tailgate and have a great time here in Boston.

Still, and I can't believe I'm saying this, but it's gonna be nice for the rest of us not to have to listen to the Soft Houston St. chorus of crap all year unless they've won an actual game.

ccd494
January 17th, 2017, 03:51 PM
UR has all of its tougher games on the road this year. Does it upset spider fans to only see five home games? It happens on the road year of a home and home series. No fbs either.

I mean, 5-0 at home is very realistic for them, then win at Delaware and Towson and you are pretty much in the playoffs even if you go 1-3 at SHSU, Colgate, JMU, Villanova.

RootinFerDukes
January 17th, 2017, 10:20 PM
I know UD needs to come back much more, but with the wildcard of Rocco being at UD, I wouldn't say it's a sure fire win as of today. Let's see how I feel when we get there.
I can here spiders rustling now and blue hens ready to talk down their team.

BigHouseClosedEnd
January 18th, 2017, 05:11 AM
I mean, 5-0 at home is very realistic for them, then win at Delaware and Towson and you are pretty much in the playoffs even if you go 1-3 at SHSU, Colgate, JMU, Villanova.

The margin for error is non existent. I hate the deal with 4 road games over a 5 week stretch.

caribbeanhen
January 18th, 2017, 05:25 AM
Spider fans..... have you got the Delaware game marked on your calendar....

I don't remember any CAA to CAA coaching hires, sets up a nice rivalry

spdram
January 18th, 2017, 06:25 AM
There has been quite a bit of discussion about October 21

caribbeanhen
January 18th, 2017, 06:31 AM
There has been quite a bit of discussion about October 21

I need to study up on the Richmond staff...errr Delaware staff to see just who these coaches are... but I already little doubt Delaware upgraded big time with the transition.

Libertine
January 18th, 2017, 10:10 AM
I don't remember any CAA to CAA coaching hires, sets up a nice rivalry

I remember Don Brown bolting Northeastern for UMass in 2004* with virtually his entire coaching staff. That ended up pretty acrimonious. Northeastern sued UMass and Brown for breach of contract and the Massachusetts Superior Court agreed. UMass had to pay NU $150,000 and Brown ended up suspended for the first three games of the 2004 season.

It was a pretty hot topic on AGS' predecessor board for months.

*(Yes, technically, that was an A-10 to A-10 hire but it's still the same league.)

Matt
January 19th, 2017, 10:36 AM
IIRC we only had five in 2013 or 14. It is what it is. Also, we were supposed to play (i think) BC or Maryland (from when they were ACC) but they pulled out so we booked the SHSU trip. This is gonna be a tough year for us, particularly on defense.

RootinFerDukes
January 19th, 2017, 03:27 PM
Mike Houston's contract is restructured, receiving one additional year to the back end to take him through 2021. Base pay increase from 300k to 375k. More bonus opportunities for CAA championships and COY awards won.

http://www.dnronline.com/update/jmu-s-houston-gets-one-year-extension-raise/article_1c65266e-de82-11e6-aff3-7b410aa20327.html

PurpleStreamers
January 19th, 2017, 04:22 PM
Mike Houston's contract is restructured, receiving one additional year to the back end to take him through 2021. Base pay increase from 300k to 375k. More bonus opportunities for CAA championships and COY awards won.

http://www.dnronline.com/update/jmu-s-houston-gets-one-year-extension-raise/article_1c65266e-de82-11e6-aff3-7b410aa20327.html

xthumbsupx

StrikeJMU
January 19th, 2017, 04:34 PM

Well done AD Jeff Bourne. xnodx

Looks like the CAA is going to have to deal with Houston longer than they wanted.

Gangtackle11
January 19th, 2017, 05:11 PM
Well done AD Jeff Bourne. xnodx

Looks like the CAA is going to have to deal with Houston longer than they wanted.

Maybe, but an FBS job will make that look like chump change. (See Texas State)

JMU2004
January 19th, 2017, 06:57 PM
He'll leave eventually, but he made 385k last year with incentives. He is now @ 375k before any incentives, and has retention bonuses that will push him to over 450k base by 2018.

We'll have him until a P5 or AAC school wants him.

RootinFerDukes
January 19th, 2017, 06:59 PM
Maybe, but an FBS job will make that look like chump change. (See Texas State)

He's not Everett withers. He's not strutting his stuff on an annual basis to any low end crap school. He'll probably hold out for a regional P5 or a G5 with an already established tradition of winning.
With postseason bonuses factored in and a tradition of winning, he's approaching most lower 1/3 FBS incomes anyways.

RootinFerDukes
January 20th, 2017, 01:02 PM
Even with another year of eligibility left, Towson's star RB Darius Victor is declaring for the NFL draft.

cx500d
January 21st, 2017, 10:09 AM

Unfortunately there will only be around 50 people watching Richmond thrash Sam Houston in Huntsville.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Gangtackle11
January 22nd, 2017, 10:46 PM
Delaware's Dennis Dottin-Carter to UConn:

http://www.uconnhuskies.com/sports/m-footbl/spec-rel/012217aaa.html

PurpleStreamers
January 23rd, 2017, 10:33 AM
Unfortunately there will only be around 50 people watching Richmond thrash Soft Houston in Huntsville.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

FIFY

BestDaneSinceHamlet
January 23rd, 2017, 11:46 AM
Rumblings on Twitter that because of HB2, Albany and Elon are having a tough time scheduling. Be interesting to see if they replace it, or move it back to Albany

RootinFerDukes
January 23rd, 2017, 02:27 PM
Towson has also not released its schedule yet. What's their hold up?

bluehenbillk
January 23rd, 2017, 02:33 PM
Towson has sent out their home schedule if you've ever bought tickets through them before. You could probably figure out the whole thing by filling in the blanks from other teams schedules.

Gangtackle11
January 23rd, 2017, 02:40 PM
Towson has also not released its schedule yet. What's their hold up?

Idk, but here is what I think it is:

9/2: Morgan State
9/9: @Maryland
9/16: @St.Francis
9/23: @Stony Brook
9/30: Villanova
10/7: BYE
10/14: Richmond
10/21: @UNH
10/28: Delaware
11/4: @Elon
11/11: @William & Mary
11/18: Rhode Island

crusader11
January 24th, 2017, 11:15 AM
Hey W&M, thanks for poaching our top OL recruit (Cory Ryder)! This makes two CAA schools who have swooped in and taken OL recruits from us, the other being Jack Bowler (Richmond). Just great.

Mattymc727
January 24th, 2017, 11:36 AM
Hey W&M, thanks for poaching our top OL recruit (Cory Ryder)! This makes two CAA schools who have swooped in and taken OL recruits from us, the other being Jack Bowler (Richmond). Just great.

Its ugly out there. UNH had a commit, Brendan Devera, who decommitted from UNH, committed to UConn, decommitted from UConn when Diaco got fired, committed to Delaware after a visit, and then finally received an offer from Rutgers and is now committed to them. All of this happened since the December timeframe....

These kids...

citdog
January 24th, 2017, 12:11 PM
Rumblings on Twitter that because of HB2, Albany and Elon are having a tough time scheduling. Be interesting to see if they replace it, or move it back to Albany

As I said on the other thread.... If Albany doesn't want to play Elon in the regularly scheduled home game Albany should be forced to forfeit. PERIOD

KPSUL
January 24th, 2017, 03:27 PM
As I said on the other thread.... If Albany doesn't want to play Elon in the regularly scheduled home game Albany should be forced to forfeit. PERIOD

Regardless of personal opinions on the issue, I don't see any other alternative either. It would be unfair to Elon to do anything else.

Tribe4SF
January 24th, 2017, 03:55 PM

You're welcome, but I don't know that Ryder is confirmed to W&M yet.

RootinFerDukes
January 24th, 2017, 04:03 PM
That's college recruiting for you. Players decommit, coaches yank scholarships. I don't like it when some will say a player is free to move around all they want with their verbal commitments but God forbid a coach ever have to remove a scholarship in certain situations. Why isn't that a two way street?

This is why players verbal early to ensure a spot and then if something better comes along, they switch to that school. It happens... even at JMU.

Stacey Bedell at Stony Brook right now was a verbal to JMU. He then peaced the second he got a UMass offer (they had declared FBS by that point). I don't think he ever saw play time at UMass and ended up transferring to SB. Maybe UConn was involved at one point too? He was bouncing all over the place.

spdram
January 24th, 2017, 07:39 PM
Hey W&M, thanks for poaching our top OL recruit (Cory Ryder)! This makes two CAA schools who have swooped in and taken OL recruits from us, the other being Jack Bowler (Richmond). Just great. We lost 6 commits to other schools this year to date.

KPSUL
January 25th, 2017, 09:45 AM
This is why players verbal early to ensure a spot and then if something better comes along, they switch to that school. It happens... even at JMU.

. How can that be? Say it ain't so! Not at the premiere institution of higher education in all of Harrisonburg Virginia!

RootinFerDukes
January 25th, 2017, 10:55 AM
How can that be? Say it ain't so! Not at the premiere institution of higher education in all of Harrisonburg Virginia!

Well it's okay. Some players won a championship, others can't get out of the CAA middle of the pack. In hindsight, it's easier to see.

DirtyDukes
January 25th, 2017, 12:09 PM
Well it's okay. Some players won a championship, others can't get out of the CAA middle of the pack. In hindsight, it's easier to see.

http://i.imgur.com/xgz9nkR.gif

Gangtackle11
January 26th, 2017, 02:07 PM
Great read on Tanoh Kpassagnon.

http://www.foxsports.com/nfl/story/tanoh-kpassagnon-nfl-draft-villanova-012617?cmpid=feed:-sports-CQ-RSS-Feed

RootinFerDukes
February 1st, 2017, 03:17 PM
So lets talk NSD specifically as it relates to the CAA. They say VU had the best class. I'm biased.

Seawolf97
February 1st, 2017, 03:24 PM
StonyBrook 3rd best class in the CAA and 143rd Nationally . Gotta love it .

UNHWildcat18
February 1st, 2017, 03:51 PM
StonyBrook 3rd best class in the CAA and 143rd Nationally . Gotta love it .
Says who lololol

RootinFerDukes
February 3rd, 2017, 12:44 PM
Albany or Elon fans, what did it take for Albany to agree to play in NC this year? I know Elon immediately put out a statement after HB2 passed saying they do not agree with discrimination of anyone on their campus and do not support the legislation.

BestDaneSinceHamlet
February 3rd, 2017, 12:46 PM
Basically all non-essential travel was banned. if they can argue that its essential for this game, because of CAA contractual obligations, it COULD happen. I just don't see any other way out of it. It's also a different situation than the Duke game that was cancelled because that was a non-league game.

Albany or Elon fans, what did it take for Albany to agree to play in NC this year? I know Elon immediately put out a statement after HB2 passed saying they do not agree with discrimination of anyone on their campus and do not support the legislation.

UAalum72
February 3rd, 2017, 02:12 PM
There's no contract yet. As of Tuesday "the university's legal counsel is working with Gov. Andrew Cuomo's office to find a solution". The AD told me that considering the % of budget the state provides, "you don't want to poke the bear".

RootinFerDukes
February 3rd, 2017, 02:35 PM
I understand avoiding OOC match-ups with NC schools but doesn't each school sign contracts with their conference membership? You could more than make a case that conference games are essential travel and contractually obligated.

I would imagine SB is also working their way around this too as it will begin to affect them as early as next year.

kdinva
February 3rd, 2017, 02:51 PM
I understand avoiding OOC match-ups with NC schools but doesn't each school sign contracts with their conference membership? You could more than make a case that conference games are essential travel and contractually obligated.

agree w/this 140%. "Conference" games are totally opposite of regional or national "tourney" contests......apples and Pumpkins......I hope Gov. Cuomo takes off his blinders.....

in 2017, Syracuse plays at N C State.....will this game be asked to "move"?

UAalum72
February 3rd, 2017, 03:10 PM
in 2017, Syracuse plays at N C State.....will this game be asked to "move"?
Syracuse is a private college and not subject to the travel ban.

kdinva
February 3rd, 2017, 03:12 PM
Syracuse is a private college and not subject to the travel ban.

xthumbsupx (I shudda googled first.... xdrunkyx )

citdog
February 3rd, 2017, 04:21 PM
There's no contract yet. As of Tuesday "the university's legal counsel is working with Gov. Andrew Cuomo's office to find a solution". The AD told me that considering the % of budget the state provides, "you don't want to poke the bear".

Elon should demand that you yankee scum play the regularly scheduled game or forfeit. If you don't like it go pound sand or get out of the CAA.

WWII
February 3rd, 2017, 05:17 PM
Agree on all but the scum.

caribbeanhen
February 4th, 2017, 07:18 AM
biggest heist for Delaware appears to be WR Thyrick Pitts.... who followed Rocco to Delaware... I would of liked to have heard Rocco and Fontel Mines in the film room when assessing the Delaware receivers..... probably sounded like crickets.....

ccd494
February 4th, 2017, 08:52 AM
Elon should demand that you yankee scum play the regularly scheduled game or forfeit. If you don't like it go pound sand or get out of the CAA.

Elon should be forced to give up every home conference game, against every team.

StrikeJMU
February 4th, 2017, 08:54 AM

I actually agree with you as well. Why not take 2 days out of your schedule to show how weak southern FCS teams are. xlolx

MR. CHICKEN
February 4th, 2017, 08:56 AM
biggest heist for Delaware appears to be WR Thyrick Pitts.... who followed Rocco to Delaware... I would of liked to have heard Rocco and Fontel Mines in the film room when assessing the Delaware receivers..... probably sounded like crickets.....

........QUEASY CRICKETS......xsighx.......BROCCO!

caribbeanhen
February 4th, 2017, 09:00 AM
........QUEASY CRICKETS......xsighx.......BROCCO!

or maybe they shared some smiling glances... regardless of what was said or what was not said both of em know they needed to get real busy.....

Anthony215
February 6th, 2017, 11:18 AM
Anybody else think Coach Rocco will pull the plug on the Joe Walker experiment at Delaware and play one of the true freshmen? Personally Walker was a pretty good DB in high school and I think would transition well on that side of the ball. Also think a few freshmen WR's will earn PT early this season as they lacked a passing game the last 2 years and are in dire need of a jumpstart. Defensively they should be amongst the best in the conference.

MR. CHICKEN
February 6th, 2017, 11:59 AM
........BROCCO.....JES' FINISHED....COACHIN'......LAULETTA/BRIAN BROWN.......HOW IN DUH WORLD.....CAN HE KEEP WALKER/JARMON....& HIS GREASY FINGERED COHORTS....ON DUH GRIDIRON....JARMON'S AN AFFLETE.......BUT DEY TRIED HIM @ QB/DB/PR/WR....(HIS STINT @ DB WAS SHORT....MOVED DUE TA LACK UH WR TALENT).....OWNLAH OPENIN' LEFT......CONCESSION STAND...........BROCCO

bluehenbillk
February 6th, 2017, 02:31 PM
Anthony it's widely expected that Walker won't be the QB this fall. A transfer would be the #1 choice. Otherwise he can roll the dice & go with Kehoe or Henderson.

jmufan999
February 7th, 2017, 03:05 PM
Anthony it's widely expected that Walker won't be the QB this fall. A transfer would be the #1 choice.

I assumed this to be the case. By UD's past, I would guess someone in the region... Pitt, Penn State, Temple, Maryland, etc. That's a guess, of course. But I would be shocked if Walker is the guy.

BigHouseClosedEnd
February 8th, 2017, 07:04 PM
FWIW, I wouldn't assume that Rocco won't try his hand with Walker.

His first year here, he went with John Laub, a guy that was a good athlete that didn't have great accuracy. Laub ended up having a pretty solid season for us.

I don't know anything about Kehoe but I did see video of Nolan Henderson. He looks nowhere close to ready to being a CAA quarterback.

GannonFan
February 9th, 2017, 02:53 PM
I agree - no reason to think that Walker definitely won't be the QB next year. It was a perfect storm of no receivers and poor coaching that led to the offensive issues for the Hens in the last few years. Having an actual coaching staff in place that knows how to win should work wonders for many things, and possibly even for Walker. With that said, if a quality transfer becomes available I think they would be silly not to take a look.

caribbeanhen
February 9th, 2017, 03:03 PM
I agree - no reason to think that Walker definitely won't be the QB next year. It was a perfect storm of no receivers and poor coaching that led to the offensive issues for the Hens in the last few years. Having an actual coaching staff in place that knows how to win should work wonders for many things, and possibly even for Walker. With that said, if a quality transfer becomes available I think they would be silly not to take a look.

Walker is just intriguing enough to get a look from Rocco, yes you could say Walker had poor coaching and no support at the WR position, but in the end I think he lacks the feel for the position to be good enough to lead Delaware to significant wins, a transfer is needed... at QB and WR ....

bluehenbillk
February 9th, 2017, 03:39 PM
Gannon Fan what the hell? Walker?? You already lost two seasons with him, that'd be a disastrous way for Rocco to start in Newark. Imagine if he starts Walker & they go below .500 - people would call for heads to roll after one season.

MR. CHICKEN
February 9th, 2017, 05:36 PM
.......WALKER IS UH POOR DECISION MAKER.....WAITS TO RUN....THEN TO LATE....SOMETIMES THROWS 90 MPH FASTBALLS.....TA WR'S/RB'S.....WHO ARE 3-4 YDS FROM HIM......EVERY THIRD/FOURTH PASS...LOOKS PRETTY......&....DUH PRETTYS USUALLY GOT DROPPED.....REST ARE BEHIND/AT FEET/OVERTHROWN.....DEY'RE REASONS WHAA.....DOWN 20 @ RHODEY....ETAL.......WE RAN DUH PIGGY......HE MAY BE COACHED UP UH TAD......12 INT'S/4 TD'S...PASSIN'....2 YR TOTAL.......WIDELY STATED @ GOHENS..........MAKIN'S UH GOOD TEAM...IFIN' QB/WR IS ADDRESSED.....RECEIVERS...HAVE 8 TD CATCHES......TOTAL IN SAME TWO YEARS......CAIN'T SEE ROCCO....RISKIN' HIS REP....ON WALKER...&.... WR'S...........NEED XFERS....WHO CAN LEARN SYSTEM DIS SEASON......&....EXCEL 2018.....AWK!

ps.........NORFF DAKOTAH STATE......LURKS AHEAD.......WE GOTTAH GET GOOD QUICK.......OR........WE'LL BE MISTAKEN FO' DEL STATE IN FARGO!..........BROCCO!

caribbeanhen
February 10th, 2017, 02:59 PM
FWIW, I wouldn't assume that Rocco won't try his hand with Walker.

His first year here, he went with John Laub, a guy that was a good athlete that didn't have great accuracy. Laub ended up having a pretty solid season for us.

I don't know anything about Kehoe but I did see video of Nolan Henderson. He looks nowhere close to ready to being a CAA quarterback.

the fans that have seen Henderson play at Smyrna are saying he needs to Redshirt and hit the weight room to bulk up a bit, his father is pretty tall so the hope is he will fill out some.....

Delaware fans getting some hope that a real staff can get a pretty talented Defense playing to win..... moving to the 3-4.... matches our talent at LB..... Maybe the best LB core ever at UD

jmufan999
February 10th, 2017, 03:42 PM
moving to the 3-4.... matches our talent at LB..... Maybe the best LB core ever at UD

the DL is probably the harder transition when moving from 4-3 to 3-4, at least in my opinion. especially if you don't have that nose tackle who can eat up blockers.

caribbeanhen
February 10th, 2017, 03:54 PM
the DL is probably the harder transition when moving from 4-3 to 3-4, at least in my opinion. especially if you don't have that nose tackle who can eat up blockers.

We have a pretty good candidate, Bilah Nichols.....

Gangtackle11
February 12th, 2017, 01:01 PM
the fans that have seen Henderson play at Smyrna are saying he needs to Redshirt and hit the weight room to bulk up a bit, his father is pretty tall so the hope is he will fill out some.....

Delaware fans getting some hope that a real staff can get a pretty talented Defense playing to win..... moving to the 3-4.... matches our talent at LB..... Maybe the best LB core ever at UD

I was one that thought Delaware D would be very good last season.

Big statement about LBs given Delaware history. I think there is some hype with the big name transfer. I saw a LB not getting off any blocks in the Nova game, but it was only 1 game.

caribbeanhen
February 13th, 2017, 09:29 AM
I was one that thought Delaware D would be very good last season.

Big statement about LBs given Delaware history. I think there is some hype with the big name transfer. I saw a LB not getting off any blocks in the Nova game, but it was only 1 game.

Well they weren't CAA good really, but nationally they were ranked #34 in total Defense, but despite that I think only 5th in CAA, but hey, CAA showed the rest of FCS what conference plays the best defense in the country and it's not in the MVFC...

as far as the LB that wasn't getting off his blocks..... maybe I'll go back and watch that game, that was an ugly game for the Hens.... but Rocco is and town and Delaware will be back!

DallasSpider
February 14th, 2017, 09:57 AM
\but Rocco is and town and Delaware will be back!

Rocco is definitely a great Head Coach and a good team guy which will definitely accelerate your program, but as far as a dominant defense goes I don't know if he is the guy for that. Looking back at his 5 years I can't name a team that was truly a strong defensive team and can only name a couple occasions were defense set the tone for the game (Villanova 2014/2016, a couple W&M games). Other than that we were giving up 25+ points to some good offenses and 35+ to the real good offenses in FCS. Maybe your personnel will fit better but just looking at his history with us I don't think that will change too much.

I know we had a top 10-15 defense statistically this past year but having watched every game it was a dominant, make you earn earn every yard, type of D. I think other spider fans can attest to that.

caribbeanhen
February 14th, 2017, 02:20 PM
Rocco is definitely a great Head Coach and a good team guy which will definitely accelerate your program, but as far as a dominant defense goes I don't know if he is the guy for that. Looking back at his 5 years I can't name a team that was truly a strong defensive team and can only name a couple occasions were defense set the tone for the game (Villanova 2014/2016, a couple W&M games). Other than that we were giving up 25+ points to some good offenses and 35+ to the real good offenses in FCS. Maybe your personnel will fit better but just looking at his history with us I don't think that will change too much.

I know we had a top 10-15 defense statistically this past year but having watched every game it was a dominant, make you earn earn every yard, type of D. I think other spider fans can attest to that.

dominant defenses are few and far between at the FCS level I would say... but fans are looking forward to going to the 3 - 4 ... we are pretty deep at LB and several are hybrid types that can play on the Line and jump back into coverage we think.... interesting to note that the 2015 Delaware Defense was ranked #24 in total Defense and minus 2 DL, that team came back in 2016 with a Penn State transfer Troy Reeder at LB and a pretty good CB that sat out 2015 due injury in Malcolm Brown and I was predicting much bigger things for this Defense, but it just didn't happen, for now I'll blame ousted DC Coach Weaver who held the talent back IMHO.....

Seawolf97
February 14th, 2017, 03:08 PM
Just a note . It was announced today that Coach Hachman formerly at Towson is now the linebackers coach for StonyBrook. Sounds like a good pick up from his bio anybody know about him . He has been with Towson for awhile before coming to Long Island.

caribbeanhen
February 14th, 2017, 05:06 PM
Sean Devine let go by Delaware after the season, signs on with rival Nova as OL coach....

yorkcountyUNHfan
February 14th, 2017, 05:24 PM
During his time at UNH Coach Devine did a great job with our o-line

Gangtackle11
February 14th, 2017, 09:03 PM
Sean Devine let go by Delaware after the season, signs on with rival Nova as OL coach....

Nova announces 2 other coaches in addition to Devine. Brian Jones, longtime assistant at Missouri will take over the RBs & Ross Pennypacker comes in from Kutztown to take the DL.

Newly named DC Joe Trainer will shift to LBs & Ola Adams will shift from RBs to DBs.

JMUisat14
February 14th, 2017, 09:19 PM
I'm a bit surprised but JMU keeps its coaching staff entirely intact for 2017. Trott (DC) and Kirkpatrick (OC) get extensions through Jan 2020. Let the good times roll xthumbsupx

https://jamesmadison.rivals.com/news/jmu-retains-assistants-kirkpatrick-gets-multi-year-deal

caribbeanhen
February 15th, 2017, 01:36 PM
During his time at UNH Coach Devine did a great job with our o-line

considering that everyone knew our limitations over the past few years, Delaware was still able to run the ball.... well pretty effectively no matter how many men were stacked in the box....

paward
February 16th, 2017, 07:48 PM
I predict the 2017 season to be the best ever with six teams making the dance.

iBOsbu
February 17th, 2017, 10:36 AM
Has there ever been 6 schools making the playoffs from one conference?

caribbeanhen
February 17th, 2017, 11:04 AM

I don't know, but back when the CAA was good...haha, we used to make the case for 7 CAA teams in the playoffs in a field of 16

RootinFerDukes
February 17th, 2017, 11:07 AM

No. The maximum ever from one conference was five.

MVFC: 2014, 2015
CAA: 2011

caribbeanhen
February 18th, 2017, 05:44 AM
Delaware losing young players from roster: a few weeks ago DL Bo Gibson was noted to be missing from roster, he played in a back up role last year as a RS freshman, and today it has been noted that another DL player Diashon Robinson is gone, he would of been a sophomore in 2017 but has not played significant minutes and maybe not at all.

fansincehighschool
February 18th, 2017, 03:52 PM
Delaware losing young players from roster: a few weeks ago DL Bo Gibson was noted to be missing from roster, he played in a back up role last year as a RS freshman, and today it has been noted that another DL player Diashon Robinson is gone, he would of been a sophomore in 2017 but has not played significant minutes and maybe not at all.

Could be because there is a new sheriff in town?

caribbeanhen
February 18th, 2017, 07:29 PM
Could be because there is a new sheriff in town?

yes That would be the reason, filling out the players that are not 100% committed

bluehenbillk
February 20th, 2017, 07:51 AM
There will be more roster shakeups at UD before, during and or after spring workouts.

Anthony215
February 20th, 2017, 09:10 AM
There will be more roster shakeups at UD before, during and or after spring workouts.

With a new sheriff in town I suspect quite a few of the old guys will look to transfer probably to D2/D3 schools (if they used their eligibility up) when they notice they're no longer starters and some down to 3rd string.

Henny
February 20th, 2017, 02:03 PM
To add to what Carib was saying is that Rocco loves UD and Newark. He feels he has such a recruiting advantage with the school, the town and the location of UD. That he can get great players that are good students and good people and let go of the marginal kids. That appears to be the plan.

caribbeanhen
February 20th, 2017, 05:15 PM
To add to what Carib was parroting is that Rocco loves UD and Newark. He feels he has such a recruiting advantage with the school, the town and the location of UD. That he can get great players that are good students and good people and let go of the marginal kids. That appears to be the plan.

fixed that up a bit Henny.... haha

kdinva
February 28th, 2017, 01:08 PM
Wm. & Mary Off. Coord Rogers has resigned.....(not retired)....

http://coachingsearch.com/coaching-search-ticker

William & Mary: Offensive coordinator / quarterbacks coach Kevin Rogers has resigned. Rogers spent four seasons at the school. He previously coached at Temple, Boston College, Virginia Tech, Notre Dame, the Minnesota Vikings and more.

knit35
March 3rd, 2017, 01:22 PM
Any updates from anyone on spring ball progress. JMU got rained out the first day but held practices this week once weather cleared. Not much to report but a lot of talk between the obvious differences between last year and this and momentum from ending the season only 45ish days ago.

KPSUL
March 3rd, 2017, 07:02 PM
Any updates from anyone on spring ball progress. JMU got rained out the first day but held practices this week once weather cleared. Not much to report but a lot of talk between the obvious differences between last year and this and momentum from ending the season only 45ish days ago.

Starting Wednesday it was extremely windy in Shenandoah Valley, and cold the last two days. Less than optimal conditions for the Dukes. Probably a good idea to actually wait for Spring to start before scheduling Spring practice.

Gangtackle11
March 4th, 2017, 10:10 AM
Villanova starts on March 15th.

1st season w/o Coach Talley & several new assistants for new Head Coach Mark Ferrante.

Need to replace NFL prospects Tanoh Kpassagnon & Austin Calitro on FCS leading defense in 2016.

caribbeanhen
March 4th, 2017, 12:06 PM
Villanova starts on March 15th.

1st season w/o Coach Talley & several new assistants for new Head Coach Mark Ferrante.

Need to replace NFL prospects Tanoh Kpassagnon & Austin Calitro on FCS leading defense in 2016.

after the events of the past few months it actually feels like Delaware will beat you this year

Gangtackle11
March 4th, 2017, 11:45 PM
after the events of the past few months it actually feels like Delaware will beat you this year

Maybe, but Rocco needs to find a quality QB before the reign of Wildcat terror over you guys comes to a halt. Nova has a 16 starters returning & had 3 solid recruiting classes recently. You may want to see how it goes before you start thinking about beating anybody in mid- November especially Nova who has dominated you Cluckers for over a decade.

caribbeanhen
March 5th, 2017, 07:07 AM
Maybe, but Rocco needs to find a quality QB before the reign of Wildcat terror over you guys comes to a halt. Nova has a 16 starters returning & had 3 solid recruiting classes recently. You may want to see how it goes before you start thinking about beating anybody in mid- November especially Nova who has dominated you Cluckers for over a decade.

Rocco in
Brock out
Talley retired

that is a good start is basically all I'm saying

and no doubt we need a QB, Rocco has been downplaying the need for a transfer QB saying he has won with several QB's. Lets what he has to say after a few practices...

Gangtackle11
March 5th, 2017, 07:00 PM
Rocco in
Brock out
Talley retired

and no doubt we need a QB, Rocco has been downplaying the need for a transfer QB saying he has won with several QB's. Lets what he has to say after a few practices...

Ill let you know how I feel about Nova after the spring practices.

RootinFerDukes
March 6th, 2017, 07:26 AM
Starting Wednesday it was extremely windy in Shenandoah Valley, and cold the last two days. Less than optimal conditions for the Dukes. Probably a good idea to actually wait for Spring to start before scheduling Spring practice.

We've got some ticked off Bison going into next season. These national championships don't defend themselves.

DirtyDukes
March 6th, 2017, 09:27 AM
1st season w/o Coach Talley

I don't know why but this sentence actually made me pretty sad...

Gangtackle11
March 6th, 2017, 02:59 PM
Rocco in
Brock out
Talley retired

They have called a HS coach close to where I live about the possibility of a current backup FBS QB (played for HS coach) transferring to UD.

No names to protect the innocent, but let's just say they are sniffing around.

spdram
March 6th, 2017, 06:50 PM
1st season w/o Coach Talley

I don't know why but this sentence actually made me pretty sad...

Coach T is a class act, the league will miss him. Enjoy your retirement!

caribbeanhen
March 7th, 2017, 05:39 AM
They have called a HS coach close to where I live about the possibility of a current backup FBS QB (played for HS coach) transferring to UD.

No names to protect the innocent, but let's just say they are sniffing around.

OK thanks for the tidbit... so just where is east of the Mississippi anyway. ha

is the FBS team South Carolina or Duke?

Gangtackle11
March 7th, 2017, 11:47 AM
OK thanks for the tidbit... so just where is east of the Mississippi anyway. ha

is the FBS team South Carolina or Duke?

I think the point is they are looking enough to call former HS coaches.

Who is not as important.

Henny
March 7th, 2017, 01:32 PM
This should come as no surprise. There's another potential QB transfer that is from a local HS and is currently with an FBS program. The goal is to be competitive in the CAA as fast as possible and Rocco freely admits, after making evaluations at all positions this spring, he will fill the gaps with transfers. I'm sure
he's seen enough tape to know he has a slight issue at QB.

Anthony215
March 7th, 2017, 02:21 PM
What about Maine? They came on strong after the near upset of UCONN and probably had they come away with a win over New Hampshire in the final regular season game they'd probably been a playoff team at 7-4 with a near loss at FBS UCONN and their only league losses coming to Nova & JMU. They need to replace their QB but all the skill players are pretty much back for a run.

Mattymc727
March 7th, 2017, 02:55 PM
What about Maine? They came on strong after the near upset of UCONN and probably had they come away with a win over New Hampshire in the final regular season game they'd probably been a playoff team at 7-4 with a near loss at FBS UCONN and their only league losses coming to Nova & JMU. They need to replace their QB but all the skill players are pretty much back for a run.

First game of the season will tell us what we need to know.

citdog
March 7th, 2017, 03:03 PM
First game of the season will tell us what we need to know.

How can you in good conscience play for a trophy that commemorates the firearm of the colonial period? WHAT WILL YOU TELL THE CHILDREN???

Gangtackle11
March 7th, 2017, 03:15 PM

I like Maine, but QBs are kinda important. No?

KPSUL
March 7th, 2017, 09:52 PM
How can you in good conscience play for a trophy that commemorates the firearm of the colonial period? WHAT WILL YOU TELL THE CHILDREN???

Live Free or Die?

caribbeanhen
March 8th, 2017, 06:11 AM
I think the point is they are looking enough to call former HS coaches.

Who is not as important.

fair enough but if anyone want's to know who all they have to do is look on gohens.....

Mattymc727
March 8th, 2017, 06:51 AM

Muskets like these eventually led to the weapons that defeated confederates?

RootinFerDukes
March 8th, 2017, 07:52 AM
Muskets like these eventually led to the weapons that defeated confederates?

OH SNAP!

Gangtackle11
April 1st, 2017, 09:50 AM
Pats working out Villanova players in private workout @ Nova:

https://twitter.com/novafootball/status/847876875850481664

RootinFerDukes
April 1st, 2017, 01:29 PM
A former JMU Long Snapper, Derek Hart, signed with the Green Bay Packers yesterday. That is now six Dukes currently on NFL rosters.

32counter
April 16th, 2017, 09:31 PM
I need to study up on the Richmond staff...errr Delaware staff to see just who these coaches are... but I already little doubt Delaware upgraded big time with the transition.

I see that Fontel Mines bailed on the Chicken State after a very short visit.Chickens lost their best recruiter to
another rival.Curious why the quick bail.UD ain't no UR as a university and New-Ark ain't no Richmond, that's for sure.Maybe that had something to do with getting out of New-Ark after 3 months.Any other assistant disenchantment?Need to spice up them chickens.

Gangtackle11
April 17th, 2017, 07:47 AM
fair enough but if anyone want's to know who all they have to do is look on gohens.....

The one I know they called isn't on gohens.net. Just for the record.

caribbeanhen
April 17th, 2017, 07:55 AM
The one I know they called isn't on gohens.net. Just for the record.

of course not, he would be way to young for that site. haha

Henny
April 17th, 2017, 12:10 PM
I see that Fontel Mines bailed on the Chicken State after a very short visit.Chickens lost their best recruiter to
another rival.Curious why the quick bail.UD ain't no UR as a university and New-Ark ain't no Richmond, that's for sure.Maybe that had something to do with getting out of New-Ark after 3 months.Any other assistant disenchantment?Need to spice up them chickens.

Angry much?

You do know it wasn't Mines who wanted to leave. Regardless, he is a Virginia centric recruiter and we wish him the best.

Thank God Newark isn't Richmond. Actually no comparison and i'm sure you've probably never been here.

32counter
April 17th, 2017, 06:33 PM
Newark and its environs is a Waste Management dumping site.Been there 3 1/4 hours per visit every other year,at the most.

Losing Mines is a big blow to the Blue Chickens.Sounds like Mines saw the light and exited stage left,pronto from the picturesque environs of Middletown.He is likely not the only recent transplant to feel the same way but they do not have exit options like Fontel.

Henny
April 17th, 2017, 07:23 PM
I rest my cast, you're clueless. UD has one of the most beautiful campuses in the US. Newark is a great college town. Mines is a VA guy through and through. Our recruiting coordinator needs to be a Pa/NJ guy anyway.

jmufan999
April 17th, 2017, 09:28 PM
You do know it wasn't Mines who wanted to leave.

Are you insinuating he was fired? If not, I'm not sure what you're saying.

32counter
April 17th, 2017, 09:55 PM
Pitts and Kroll were brought to the Chicken farm from UR directly by Fontel.He may have been let go because he was overly competent.I rest my cast(case).Yikes.

Henny
April 17th, 2017, 09:58 PM
He was NOT fired. It's a family issue, we all wish him well (except against UD)

Mattymc727
April 19th, 2017, 06:34 AM
Sounds like UNH RB and playmaker Trevon Bryant has torn his ACL/done for the year.

CenMEBlackBearFan
April 19th, 2017, 11:56 AM

Maine has a Florida transfer, Max Staver, 6'5" 240, who threw the ball well in their first scrimmage. Still early to tell if he is starter but he has the lead for now.

KPSUL
April 19th, 2017, 02:49 PM
Newark and its environs is a Waste Management dumping site.Been there 3 1/4 hours per visit every other year,at the most.

Losing Mines is a big blow to the Blue Chickens.Sounds like Mines saw the light and exited stage left,pronto from the picturesque environs of Middletown.He is likely not the only recent transplant to feel the same way but they do not have exit options like Fontel.

What makes you think Delaware would build their state university in Northern New Jersey? Give it a rest.

ccd494
April 19th, 2017, 04:20 PM
Maine has a Florida transfer, Max Staver, 6'5" 240, who threw the ball well in their first scrimmage. Still early to tell if he is starter but he has the lead for now.

To be accurate, he went RS year at Florida -> Tyler Junior College (2 games before injury) -> Houston Baptist (10 starts) -> Houston Baptist (4 games, no starts).

Henny
April 20th, 2017, 01:59 PM
And for those concerned, Fontel Mines replacement and passing game coordinator

http://www.bluehens.com/ViewArticle.dbml?DB_OEM_ID=29100&ATCLID=211566706

I think well survive and further proof Rocco is getting what he wants to make the Hens contenders in short order.

BigHouseClosedEnd
April 20th, 2017, 11:00 PM
And for those concerned, Fontel Mines replacement and passing game coordinator

http://www.bluehens.com/ViewArticle.dbml?DB_OEM_ID=29100&ATCLID=211566706

I think well survive and further proof Rocco is getting what he wants to make the Hens contenders in short order.

Was Campbell one of the guys that Diaco fired?

Henny
April 21st, 2017, 04:01 AM
No quite the opposite. http://www.courant.com/sports/uconn-football/hc-uconn-football-erik-campbell-0211-20160210-story.html The fact is, we have further proof, football is back at UD

caribbeanhen
April 21st, 2017, 08:25 AM
No quite the opposite. http://www.courant.com/sports/uconn-football/hc-uconn-football-erik-campbell-0211-20160210-story.html The fact is, we have further proof, football is back at UD

seems like a big time hire, now if we can find a big time receiver...

jmufan999
April 22nd, 2017, 11:33 AM
I think well survive

Whew, I was worried about your well for a second.

BigHouseClosedEnd
April 22nd, 2017, 10:23 PM
Whew, I was worried about your well for a second.

What's in the water up in Delaware, anyway?

jmufan999
April 25th, 2017, 08:28 AM
how is everyone feeling about the draft prospects from your team? if I was a betting man, I don't believe we'll have anyone drafted this year. I've been wrong before and i'd love to be wrong again. I believe Kirsch (RT) is our best bet to be drafted, but I don't know where he is health-wise.

Henny
April 25th, 2017, 03:31 PM
Conner Bosick is our one and only shot but we're thinking free agent. He's got the size to be an NFL guard and certainly has the attitude. As for making an NFL roster, he has just as good of a shot as five of the six from UD, currently on rosters, coming out of college save Flacco. Kirsh will make a roster barring injury.

BigHouseClosedEnd
April 25th, 2017, 08:29 PM
I think David Jones will get drafted and Winston Craig and Brian Brown will land somewhere as free agents.

Tribe4SF
April 26th, 2017, 04:38 AM
Jerry Ugokwe probably 50/50 to be drafted. Combine invite certainly has him on the radar. Kendell Anderson best shot at a free agent deal.

jmufan999
April 26th, 2017, 02:58 PM
I think David Jones will get drafted and Winston Craig and Brian Brown will land somewhere as free agents.

no question on David Jones. 4th-6th round, i'm guessing?

Gangtackle11
April 26th, 2017, 06:24 PM
We have
1 definite Tanoh Kpassagnon DE (2-3rd round)

1 most likely Brad Seaton OT (5th-7th round)

1 maybe Austin Calitro LB (6-7th round/UFA)

BigHouseClosedEnd
April 26th, 2017, 08:52 PM
no question on David Jones. 4th-6th round, i'm guessing?

Yes. I'm thinking he may end up on the earlier end. Personally, I wouldn't draft him because of the injury issues. I'd rather have Brown or Craig (if I ran a 3-4).

caribbeanhen
April 26th, 2017, 08:55 PM

your coach got drafted.... haha

Bluehens rising from the dead!

BigHouseClosedEnd
April 26th, 2017, 09:46 PM
your coach got drafted.... haha

Bluehens rising from the dead!

It's great that people with learning disabilities have outlets like anygivensaturday.com.

caribbeanhen
April 26th, 2017, 09:49 PM
It's great that people with learning disabilities have outlets like anygivensaturday.com.

Rocco said moving to Newark was not a lateral move....Moving on up to the big time...!

citdog
April 26th, 2017, 10:12 PM

Should be the site motto!!

32counter
April 26th, 2017, 10:46 PM
New-Ark is a Waste Management dumping site.Fontel got out of Middletown as soon as humanly possible.

BisonTru
April 26th, 2017, 11:52 PM

Should be the site motto!!

xlolx
+1

jmufan999
April 27th, 2017, 02:24 PM
former UVA WR David Eldridge is transferring to JMU. i'm having trouble determining how many years of eligibility he'll have, but I believe it's two.

he was unhappy that he was only being used as a deep threat at UVA. I do know he had a 100+ yard game at Duke last year. I've never seen him play and don't know where he'll fit in on the depth chart, but I expect him to play.

caribbeanhen
April 27th, 2017, 03:22 PM
JMU will be a real problem again.... talent over talent = Win again

RootinFerDukes
April 27th, 2017, 03:37 PM
JMU will be a real problem again.... talent over talent = Win again

You get it! xnodxxdrunkyx The Dukes are the team to beat. I'm sure someone will try to spin it as otherwise.

caribbeanhen
April 27th, 2017, 05:52 PM
You get it! xnodxxdrunkyx The Dukes are the team to beat. I'm sure someone will try to spin it as otherwise.

what they did to the Bizun last year in the Fargo dome was very impressive..... JMU is an FBS team right now, talent on field and talent on sidelines with coaching will be tough to beat this year..... but **** happens

Gangtackle11
April 29th, 2017, 04:29 AM
We have
1 definite Tanoh Kpassagnon DE (2-3rd round)

1 most likely Brad Seaton OT (5th-7th round)

1 maybe Austin Calitro LB (6-7th round/UFA)

Tanoh goes to Kansas City as 1st FCS player off the board at pick #59 in 2nd round.

RootinFerDukes
May 1st, 2017, 09:19 AM
So far for JMU:

UDFA:
CB Taylor Reynolds - Atlanta Falcons
OL Mitchell Kirsch - Chicago Bears

Rookie Mini Camp Invite:
WR/KR Rashard Davis - Chicago Bears & New York Jets

Some are optimistic that RB Khalid Abdullah is reviewing multiple UDFA offers. No word yet.

spdram
May 1st, 2017, 08:47 PM
Richmond Spiders
UDFA:
Brian Brown WR - Cowboys
David Jones DB - Patriots
Winston Craig DL - Eagles
Thomas Evans OL - Packers
Mini Camp:
Omar Howard LB - Chargers

Seawolf97
June 2nd, 2017, 08:21 AM
It was announced on 6/1 that StonyBrook will move to the Mid Atlantic Division of the CAA in 2018. It would be StonyBrook, Delaware , Villanova and Towson in that group. We would still play Albany every year as our rivalry every year. The CAA North would be Albany, Rhode Island , UNH and Maine . Just adding a little balance to the conference .

RootinFerDukes
June 2nd, 2017, 08:24 AM
We have formal divisions? I know JMU plays UR, WM and VU every year, but I always thought that was because the schools "demanded" it for rivalries.

Dane96
June 2nd, 2017, 08:32 AM
Yah, I have never heard of formal divisions and nobody in the Albany community has as well. There are scheduling arrangements but no formal divisions.

DirtyDukes
June 2nd, 2017, 08:39 AM
It was announced on 6/1 that StonyBrook will move to the Mid Atlantic Division of the CAA in 2018. It would be StonyBrook, Delaware , Villanova and Towson in that group. We would still play Albany every year as our rivalry every year. The CAA North would be Albany, Rhode Island , UNH and Maine . Just adding a little balance to the conference .

So that leaves JMU,Elon,W&M, and the Spatters as the South?

Sitting Bull
June 2nd, 2017, 08:49 AM
W&M also plays Delaware and Towson every year, in addition to the "South".

The breakouts make sense though.

yorkcountyUNHfan
June 2nd, 2017, 09:59 AM

Leaving W&M, Richmond, JMU and Elon in the south -
Did I miss something? Was there any announcement of how the schedule would rotate between divisions?
I would be nice to get some type of rhythm to the schedule

bluehenbillk
June 2nd, 2017, 12:53 PM
That's news to me when it comes to divisions. Then again, the Delaware football community has become apathetic so there isn't as much talk as there used to be.

Anthony215
June 2nd, 2017, 01:35 PM
That's news to me when it comes to divisions. Then again, the Delaware football community has become apathetic so there isn't as much talk as there used to be.

I don't know why but I'm pretty excited about this upcoming season. Maybe because I've relocated from Philadelphia to Middletown and can commute to the games much easier this year but I think if the offense can have a competent passing game there is a chance the Hens can get 6-7 wins and possibly a playoff berth (obviously with 7 not 6 wins).

RootinFerDukes
June 2nd, 2017, 01:51 PM
It's been pretty established lately that 7 wins isn't enough to get into the playoffs as a CAA team. You'll need a bare minimum of 8 wins.

Gangtackle11
June 2nd, 2017, 02:36 PM

They appear to be scheduling pods vs. divisions. Just lining teams up geographically to cut travel costs. Looks like only change for Nova is switch of Albany to Stony Brook.

Gangtackle11
June 2nd, 2017, 02:53 PM
It's been pretty established lately that 7 wins isn't enough to get into the playoffs as a CAA team. You'll need a bare minimum of 8 wins.

UNH was 7-4 last season. There goes that theory. xpeacex