PDA

View Full Version : New Hampshire @ James Madison

Pages : [1] 2

RootinFerDukes
November 27th, 2016, 06:34 PM
This is UNH's first trip to the newly renovated (sort of, it's five years old at this point) Bridgeforth Stadium. The visitors usually sit in Section 8. It does not have a view of the scoreboard at that angle, nor do sections 401, 402 and I would assume 201 and 302 in the far left corner.
http://jmusports.com/images/2014/7/21//BridgeforthSeatingMap.jpg?0.4324794

Later this week, JMU's ticketing site should allow you to pick your seats in some sections once season ticket holders claim their seats. I believe the priority sections will require a minimum duke club donation but the public and general admission sections will not. The endzone and "older side" sections will all be general admission without specific assigned seats I would guess. Avoid those sections if you don't want to sit among students, as they will also be in those sections.

I'll try to answer any questions about Harrisonburg as best I can.

JMU should have Schor back for Saturday and we will need him. I suppose Houston hasn't "confirmed" he'll be back and it'll probably be a "wait and see who walks out to start the game" situation. I hope our defense remembers that 27 point meltdown and makes sure to finish this time around.

dwtime
November 27th, 2016, 06:40 PM
I think both defenses had meltdowns last time around, you guys had fewer than us. UNH will need to play a flawless game to win one here but you never know.

This is UNH's first trip to the newly renovated (sort of, it's five years old at this point) Bridgeforth Stadium. The visitors usually sit in Section 8. It does not have a view of the scoreboard at that angle, nor do sections 401, 402 and I would assume 201 and 302 in the far left corner.
http://jmusports.com/images/2014/7/21//BridgeforthSeatingMap.jpg?0.4324794

Later this week, JMU's ticketing site should allow you to pick your seats in some sections once season ticket holders claim their seats. I believe the priority sections will require a minimum duke club donation but the public and general admission sections will not. The endzone and "older side" sections will all be general admission without specific assigned seats I would guess. Avoid those sections if you don't want to sit among students, as they will also be in those sections.

I'll try to answer any questions about Harrisonburg as best I can.

JMU should have Schor back for Saturday and we will need him. I suppose Houston hasn't "confirmed" he'll be back and it'll probably be a "wait and see who walks out to start the game" situation. I hope our defense remembers that 27 point meltdown and makes sure to finish this time around.

Matt
November 27th, 2016, 06:40 PM
This should be the game of the week. Looking forward to this one.

KPSUL
November 27th, 2016, 06:57 PM
Interesting match-up, exactly what you want to see in 2nd round of the playoffs. JMU's been a dominant team all season and a likely playoff team since the midway point of the season. They locked down sole possession of the CAA Championship and the autobid with road wins at Maine, UNH, Richmond and Villanova. UNH snuck into the playoffs with seconds left in the season by kicking a field goal on the road at Maine. However, UNH gave JMU their biggest scare of the season and played their best football of the season in Round 1 vs. Lehigh.

JMU is likely to be heavily favored, but UNH has the advantage of recent playoff success, and as one UNH fan said, "Playing with house money".

Matt
November 27th, 2016, 07:04 PM
Interesting match-up, exactly what you want to see in 2nd round of the playoffs. JMU's been a dominant team all season and a likely playoff team since the midway point of the season. They locked down sole possession of the CAA Championship and the autobid with road wins at Maine, UNH, Richmond and Villanova. UNH snuck into the playoffs with seconds left in the season by kicking a field goal on the road at Maine. However, UNH gave JMU their biggest scare of the season and played their best football of the season in Round 1 vs. Lehigh.

JMU is likely to be heavily favored, but UNH has the advantage of recent playoff success, and as one UNH fan said, "Playing with house money".

cmon man

BigHouseClosedEnd
November 27th, 2016, 07:06 PM
This game won't be close.

KPSUL
November 27th, 2016, 07:10 PM
cmon man

I was at both games. Were you?

spdram
November 27th, 2016, 07:11 PM
Big, are you predicting UNH will win big on the road? I believe UNH has shown more improvement than any other CAA team throughout the season, and with a few breaks could pull the upset at the chicken coop

BigHouseClosedEnd
November 27th, 2016, 07:20 PM
Big, are you predicting UNH will win big on the road? I believe UNH has shown more improvement than any other CAA team throughout the season, and with a few breaks could pull the upset at the chicken coop

No.

JMU 56
UNH 17

Terry2889
November 27th, 2016, 07:31 PM
No.

JMU 56
UNH 17

I hope you're wrong but at this point this prediction is ridiculous...

BigHouseClosedEnd
November 27th, 2016, 07:37 PM
JMU is a national championship contender. UNH is a marginal participant in this tournament. It will not be close.

Catsfan90
November 27th, 2016, 07:38 PM
cmon man
They were one inside kick away from losing, how is that not a scare?

Sent from my XT1080 using Tapatalk

RootinFerDukes
November 27th, 2016, 07:38 PM
Massey gives JMU an 8 point edge and sagarin a 17 point favorite. That's a big discrepancy between the two predictions.
JMU was two score favorites against Liberty and Colgate the past two years but it's a new coaching regime and a much improved starting QB. Our defense is noticeably better from 2014-2015 and the stats back it up.

Catsfan90
November 27th, 2016, 07:39 PM
No.

JMU 56
UNH 17
Can you elaborate? Or would you rather just troll. What is it that led you to predict that score will occur?

jmufan999
November 27th, 2016, 07:42 PM
i just hope we're not going to spend the next week talking about how hard it is to beat a team twice in the same season. it's such unbelievable horses**t but people love to say it.

1.) how often does it even happen? both teams have to make the playoffs, then be paired up. it's a relatively small sample size.
2.) there are plenty of examples when the team that won the first time also won the second time. no one ever posts about that, though. you only hear about it if the loser of the first game "got revenge".

there is no correlation between winning the first time and losing the second time, period. so maybe we could talk about actual football stuff, rather than clichés? changes in scheme since the last game, injuries, etc.

BigHouseClosedEnd
November 27th, 2016, 07:49 PM
Can you elaborate? Or would you rather just troll. What is it that led you to predict that score will occur?

Way too much team speed versus not enough team speed.

RootinFerDukes
November 27th, 2016, 07:51 PM
Just in recent JMU history: 2004 JMU lost to WM in the regular season and won in the postseason on their way to a national title.
2008 JMU played and beat VU twice on the way to a semifinal appearance.

dwtime
November 27th, 2016, 07:55 PM
Yeah UNH is really marginal, how has your team done against us recently? Hmmm something like 0-5 since 2009? You need to move along Skippy.

JMU is a national championship contender. UNH is a marginal participant in this tournament. It will not be close.

RootinFerDukes
November 27th, 2016, 07:57 PM
i just hope we're not going to spend the next week talking about how hard it is to beat a team twice in the same season. it's such unbelievable horses**t but people love to say it.

1.) how often does it even happen? both teams have to make the playoffs, then be paired up. it's a relatively small sample size.
2.) there are plenty of examples when the team that won the first time also won the second time. no one ever posts about that, though. you only hear about it if the loser of the first game "got revenge".

there is no correlation between winning the first time and losing the second time, period. so maybe we could talk about actual football stuff, rather than clichés? changes in scheme since the last game, injuries, etc.

I'd like to see us put together the best all-time Yankee/A10/CAA rematch record for the team that won first. I bet we'll see a trend in favor of the first winning team.

Since 04 jmu/WM and jmu/VU is 1-1. Ur/WM last year makes it 2-1.

dwtime
November 27th, 2016, 08:01 PM
I agree, we beat Maine twice in a year a couple times recently or was it once? With UNH having to travel it will be a tall order for the Cats to win.

BigHouseClosedEnd
November 27th, 2016, 08:02 PM
Yeah UNH is really marginal, how has your team done against us recently? Hmmm something like 0-5 since 2009? You need to move along Skippy.

You are correct. But Im not analyzing UR v UNH.

BigHouseClosedEnd
November 27th, 2016, 08:03 PM
I didnt know UNH fans gargled this much Summers Eve. Geez.

UNHWildcat18
November 27th, 2016, 08:40 PM

Well when you just say marginal team, prediction 56-17....

BigHouseClosedEnd
November 27th, 2016, 08:42 PM

We're you not one of the last teams into the tournament?

To be clear, I would be thrilled to eat crow on this. Please make me.

Matt
November 27th, 2016, 08:47 PM
They were one inside kick away from losing, how is that not a scare?

It was a hell of a comeback. I wasnt talking ****. Seriously. But the biggest scare for JMU was us. We were up with under 5 to play. Or, i guess, UNC was their biggest scare.

UNHWildcat18
November 27th, 2016, 08:50 PM
We're you not one of the last teams into the tournament?

I don't believe we were last 4 in, just crushed the PL champ who nova beat by 4. also please beat UND this weekend, banged up or not us or JMU are out after Saturday so we need you and nova to win

mcveyrl
November 27th, 2016, 08:52 PM
It was a hell of a comeback. I wasnt talking ****. Seriously. But the biggest scare for JMU was us. We were up with under 5 to play. Or, i guess, UNC was their biggest scare.

I'll participate in this pissing contest. The closest we came to losing was definitely UR. The biggest "oh, ****, what's happening!? Is this really happening!?" moment was UNH. I don't know which was scarier...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

KPSUL
November 27th, 2016, 08:55 PM
Just in recent JMU history: 2004 JMU lost to WM in the regular season and won in the postseason on their way to a national title.
2008 JMU played and beat VU twice on the way to a semifinal appearance.

You'd have to be as old as me to consider 2004 recent history.

jmufan999
November 27th, 2016, 08:55 PM
I'll participate in this pissing contest. The closest we came to losing was definitely UR. The biggest "oh, ****, what's happening!? Is this really happening!?" moment was UNH. I don't know which was scarier...

well put. for Richmond, i was nervous the entire game. for UNH, it was mostly at the end.

look, UNH fans. JMU fans are giving you plenty of respect. don't worry about fans from other schools. hopefully you can figure out various motivations for them saying what they're saying. it means nothing.

Schism55
November 27th, 2016, 08:57 PM

Why don't you ask Cal Poly about this?

jmufan999
November 27th, 2016, 08:58 PM
You'd have to be as old as me to consider 2004 recent history.

that's what i said in my original post. small sample size. that's one of two reasons why it's a stupid cliché.

jmufan999
November 27th, 2016, 09:01 PM
Why don't you ask Cal Poly about this?

again. for the 3rd time. it's a SMALL SAMPLE SIZE. there is NO CORRELATION. it only "works" when you want to make it work. it's just that no one talks about it when the same team wins twice.

KPSUL
November 27th, 2016, 09:06 PM

Cute retort. Related to nothing posted, but it probably sounded edgy at your UR fraternity house meeting.

Catsfan90
November 27th, 2016, 09:09 PM

I think that's what was meant as the biggest scare. Richmond always had a really good chance of beating JMU, UNH, on the other hand, was a clear underdog.

Catsfan90
November 27th, 2016, 09:13 PM
We're you not one of the last teams in the tournament?

After losing your last game to a team that went 3-5 in conference play, I wouldn't be so quick to throw stones. Remember, Richmond finished below UNH in the conference standings.

Thumper 76
November 27th, 2016, 09:58 PM
it's just that no one talks about it when the same team wins twice.

You've obviously never heard SDSU fans bitch about being sent to Fargo every year for the playoffs xlolx

mcveyrl
November 27th, 2016, 10:19 PM
I think that's what was meant as the biggest scare. Richmond always had a really good chance of beating JMU, UNH, on the other hand, was a clear underdog.

At the same time, JMU's win probability never dipped below 98% from about 10 minutes left to go on...so while we were emotionally scared, the mathematics said we had nothing to worry about...I was still scared.

UNHWildcat18
November 27th, 2016, 11:41 PM
You've obviously never heard SDSU fans bitch about being sent to Fargo every year for the playoffs xlolx

Funny, the feeling didn't really hit me when we played maine in the second round a few years ago. It's hit me now and I feel awful for SDSU for those what two years in a row? I really wish the playoffs would not allow a first round team of a conference to travel to a same conference foe for round two. **** regionalization

JMU2K_DukeDawg
November 28th, 2016, 12:43 AM
Regionalization just gifted the CAA 3 easy wins on Saturday. It's the Big Sky that should be cursing regionalization.

UNHWildcat18
November 28th, 2016, 01:13 AM
Regionalization just gifted the CAA 3 easy wins on Saturday. It's the Big Sky that should be cursing regionalization.

I hate to say but I think you are completely ****ing wrong on the big sky portion. Cal Poly lost to a ****ing pioneer team! And would have went on for an out of conference matchup in the second round. Weber state got blown out by the 3rd place southern team, and if they did win would have been out of conference again at SHSU

JMU2K_DukeDawg
November 28th, 2016, 02:18 AM
So you don't think Cal Poly and Weber St. would have rather played NC A&T or St. Francis? I dunno... I get you're point about the Big Sky sucking this year, but I don't think I am completely wrong, much less ****ing wrong lol. Weber St. really should not have been in the field, nor NC A&T. Regionalization means that East Coast teams travel less and have a bigger plate of cupcakes from which to feast. It also means that usually West teams generally play the toughest conference teams from the MVFC before the East gets them. This year is a bit of an anomaly because 5 teams from the West/MidWest were seeded.

UNHWildcat18
November 28th, 2016, 04:44 AM
So you don't think Cal Poly and Weber St. would have rather played NC A&T or St. Francis? I dunno... I get you're point about the Big Sky sucking this year, but I don't think I am completely wrong, much less ****ing wrong lol. Weber St. really should not have been in the field, nor NC A&T. Regionalization means that East Coast teams travel less and have a bigger plate of cupcakes from which to feast. It also means that usually West teams generally play the toughest conference teams from the MVFC before the East gets them. This year is a bit of an anomaly because 5 teams from the West/MidWest were seeded.

When you look at it that way yeah they would much rather play those teams, although I wouldn't bet money on either team winning lol. My interpretation of the post was regionalization in terms of second round match ups or matchups further down the road which the big sky had none of. I retract my completely ****ing wrong, to just eh I disagree

Gangtackle11
November 28th, 2016, 07:37 AM
I don't believe we were last 4 in, just crushed the PL champ who nova beat by 4. also please beat UND this weekend, banged up or not us or JMU are out after Saturday so we need you and nova to win

Don't mind your argument for your team, but get the facts straight. Nova 26 Lehigh 21. xsmiley_wix I believe we were sleep walking like we always seem to do after our FBS game, but Lehigh played us close & looked good that night.

We also beat Albany and UNH didn't so comparing games is usually pointless.

RootinFerDukes
November 28th, 2016, 08:05 AM
again. for the 3rd time. it's a SMALL SAMPLE SIZE. there is NO CORRELATION. it only "works" when you want to make it work. it's just that no one talks about it when the same team wins twice.

Ironically, NDSU is a perfect example of many scenarios where a team does in fact win both match up against conference teams in a season. SDSU, UNI, etc.

Stonewall D
November 28th, 2016, 08:16 AM
Richmond fan here. I am conflicted about this game. My heart is rooting for UNH, but JMU has the best chance to make a deep run into the playoffs. I would love for JMU to face NDSU in the Fargo dome. IMHO, JMU matches up well against NDSU, especially with Schor back.

DirtyDukes
November 28th, 2016, 08:31 AM
Richmond fan here. I am conflicted about this game. My heart is rooting for UNH, but JMU has the best chance to make a deep run into the playoffs. I would love for JMU to face NDSU in the Fargo dome. IMHO, JMU matches up well against NDSU, especially with Schor back.

http://67.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_m65ifa78gj1qgb7j6.gif

Terry2889
November 28th, 2016, 09:00 AM
Don't mind your argument for your team, but get the facts straight. Nova 26 Lehigh 21. xsmiley_wix I believe we were sleep walking like we always seem to do after our FBS game, but Lehigh played us close & looked good that night.

We also beat Albany and UNH didn't so comparing games is usually pointless.

This. Comparing past scores is a fool's errand. Match-ups, injuries, ebbs and flows of young athletes, all can change from one week to the other. There's no way that if UNH played Lehigh 10 times that that would be the score more than once. Years ago, a very good UNH team (One of our best btw) was blown out by Villanova in the snow in the second round. ON a different day, under different circumstances, the score was different. JMU vs. UNH SHOULD be a good game. I firmly believe that UNH catches a break by JMU coming off a bye week that included many of the students heading home for Thanksgiving. That being said it isn't out of the realm of possibilities that JMU comes out and blows out UNH. I see this game as being very close/ competitive to the end.
JMU-31 UNH-27ish

Terry2889
November 28th, 2016, 09:07 AM
http://67.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_m65ifa78gj1qgb7j6.gif

I slightly disagree. JMU's defense is not good enough to stop NDSU's run game (Not that ours is either, but it is better than JMU's versus the run). NDSU's defense is good enough to hold JMU under their normal point total. Either way I think both of us match up as well as possible against Chattanooga and SHU. If our offense has woken up we could be very dangerous. But I'm not sold on that quite yet.

The Pud
November 28th, 2016, 09:08 AM
UNH takes JMU in close game, 34-31, and advances to face Sammy in Texas.

flyrod
November 28th, 2016, 09:41 AM
I will be very surprised if JMU doesnt lay 42+ points up on UNH will the kitties be able to score that many?
Remember its not in NH its at Bridgeforth Stadium with I'm betting a crowd at minimum of 15-17 but could be as high as 20+
If I remember correctly in the game at UNH before a crowd of maybe 12k it was like 42-12 heading into the 4th qtr. When JMU checked out....(our biggest WTF moment of the year) the game wasnt even close at that point...then the wheels came off and UNH gave them a real scare.....I very much doubt Coach Houston and staff will let that happen again.
that game was a great awakening/eye opening for the team, as far as playing the full 60.
I know the defense has massively improved since that week and has played far stronger opponents (RU and VU, since and held them in check.)
Will it be a blowout . doubt it but maybe but more likely a 10-14pt difference.
Does UNH have a chance they sure do if JMU gives it to them but If JMU plays like they are capable of Its a no brainer and A JMU win.

JMU 42
UNH 27

Terry2889
November 28th, 2016, 10:03 AM
I will be very surprised if JMU doesnt lay 42+ points up on UNH will the kitties be able to score that many?
Remember its not in NH its at Bridgeforth Stadium with I'm betting a crowd at minimum of 15-17 but could be as high as 20+
If I remember correctly in the game at UNH before a crowd of maybe 12k it was like 42-12 heading into the 4th qtr. When JMU checked out....(our biggest WTF moment of the year) the game wasnt even close at that point...then the wheels came off and UNH gave them a real scare.....I very much doubt Coach Houston and staff will let that happen again.
that game was a great awakening/eye opening for the team, as far as playing the full 60.
I know the defense has massively improved since that week and has played far stronger opponents (RU and VU, since and held them in check.)
Will it be a blowout . doubt it but maybe but more likely a 10-14pt difference.
Does UNH have a chance they sure do if JMU gives it to them but If JMU plays like they are capable of Its a no brainer and A JMU win.

JMU 42
UNH 27

This is the CAA Fly.... There's no such thing as a no brainer...

DirtyDukes
November 28th, 2016, 10:07 AM
I'm confident in Coach Houston keeping these guys motivated. Plus the bye week let us heal.

If Schor Plays:

UNH 17
JMU 54

If Baby Giraffe Plays:

UNH 17
JMU 34

Mattymc727
November 28th, 2016, 10:23 AM
I dont see JMU reaching the 50s no matter who the QB is. Id say something like 35-24 JMU.

I dont think UNHs success this past saturday carries over, but it wont be a blowout either.

RootinFerDukes
November 28th, 2016, 10:50 AM
This is the CAA Fly.... There's no such thing as a no brainer...

Have you not heard of Elon, Rhode Island, Albany (most years), Stony Brook (most years) and Maine (most years)? Towson? Delaware (recently)? Hell that's half the conference.

KPSUL
November 28th, 2016, 11:02 AM
I'm confident in Coach Houston keeping these guys motivated. Plus the bye week let us heal.

If Schor Plays:

UNH 17
JMU 54

If Baby Giraffe Plays:

UNH 17
JMU 34

If Schor plays and is 100%: JMU might win, but they'll feel like they just went 15 rounds with Joe Frazier.

If Baby Giraffe plays: It's a third consecutive playoff one and done against a consensus underdog for the Dukies.

JMUNJ08
November 28th, 2016, 11:08 AM
If Schor plays and is 100%: JMU might win, but they'll feel like they just went 15 rounds with Joe Frazier.

If Baby Giraffe plays: It's a third consecutive playoff one and done against a consensus underdog for the Dukies.

Did anyone see the Giraffe vs. Elon?!?!?! Yes, its Elon, but not any incompetent QB can put up those #'s....

RootinFerDukes
November 28th, 2016, 12:30 PM
Did anyone see the Giraffe vs. Elon?!?!?! Yes, its Elon, but not any incompetent QB can put up those #'s....

He also helped us beat the #2 CAA team Villanova after being thrown to the fire.

The Pud
November 28th, 2016, 12:34 PM
CAA looks like it is a down year..........The Pod has not been impressed with this conference's play all season. I think CAA and OVC are too over rated conferences. Southland Conference seems to be under rated.

MOD NOTE - I just wanted to mark the point that Sam fans came in and started pissing on the game thread.

JMUisat14
November 28th, 2016, 12:51 PM
CAA looks like it is a down year..........The Pod has not been impressed with this conference's play all season. I think CAA and OVC are too over rated conferences. Southland Conference seems to be under rated.

Your trolling attempts are weak bro

DirtyDukes
November 28th, 2016, 12:52 PM

Weak like SHSU's SOS.

StrikeJMU
November 28th, 2016, 01:03 PM

The only thing weaker is The Pod's handshake.

The Pud
November 28th, 2016, 01:20 PM

The Pod is not trolling ma'am. The Pod is giving his assessment based on his research and experience as a long time sports analyst.

Terry2889
November 28th, 2016, 01:25 PM
Have you not heard of Elon, Rhode Island, Albany (most years), Stony Brook (most years) and Maine (most years)? Towson? Delaware (recently)? Hell that's half the conference.

Well then.... According to your logic, it's a no-brainer that an underachieving JMU squad exits the postseason early again ; )

StrikeJMU
November 28th, 2016, 01:33 PM
The Pod is not trolling ma'am. The Pod is giving his assessment based on his research and experience as a long time sports analyst.

http://www.anygivensaturday.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=23971&stc=1

WrenFGun
November 28th, 2016, 01:37 PM
JMU should be favored by 7-10 points, IMO, maybe more.

Want to hear an amazing stat? UNH has scored 81 points in their last six quarters. That's almost 25% of their yearly scoring total in their last six quarters. Adam Riese has basically played 7 quarters this season, and UNH has scored 108 points in those 7 quarters [almost 33% of their total!].

UNH will absolutely move the ball against JMU, because they moved it up and down the field in the last matchup with both QB's, but the first one failed to deliver consistently inside the JMU 30. In the first half, UNH had drives of 7, 15, 7 and 13 plays and got just 9 points out of those. They twice turned it over on downs inside the JMU 40. They had two more such drives in the second half, again, scoring only 3 points. I'm not saying UNH is going to do better with those six opportunities, but they scored 39 points while only converting six drives into JMU territory for 12 points. If you told me they'd get six shots in JMU territory again, I'd take the over on 12 points. I'd also take the under on JMU allowing 27 points in the final 7 minutes, to be fair. All in all, I think UNH will move the ball on JMU. Whether they can convert in JMU territory will determine whether it's a game or not.

It may not matter much, though, because I'm still not sure UNH can stop this type of offense. Mobile QB's have been HUGE problems for UNH throughout the years, and between biting on the play action and Schor's threat to run, I'm just not sure how much you can stop them. UNH sold out and did a pretty solid job against the run last game [Abdullah and Johnson combined for 23 carries and 97 yards] but they were absolutely burned by Schor went JMU went to pass [5.8 ypc] and didn't have the guys back to be able to handle the big, physical WR's. UNH is going to have to trust their corners to be competitive here so that they can contain the run-pass option.

I see some definite areas of opportunity for UNH though where they've been different from the last time these two played. Most importantly, if Schor's hampered at ALL in the running game that's a huge boost to UNH's chances. Trevon Bryant didn't play in this game last time, and he was fantastic against Lehigh and very explosive. Dalton Crossan has gone wild the last three games and was dreadful against JMU in the last matchup. Rory Donovan has really come on since midseason. D'Andre Drummond Mayrie, who could be found blowing both Terrance Alls touchdowns has also been replaced in the lineup by Rick Ellison.

--

I don't expect UNH to win this game, but I think there are enough areas of opportunity for improvement [Riese in a full game, Crossan/Bryant playing better, Donovan's improvement, Ellison in] to think UNH will fare better than the 42-14 deficit JMU opened up early. I'm just not sure UNH can do enough to stop Schor in the run/pass game even if they contain Johnson/Abdullah like they did last game.

Milktruck74
November 28th, 2016, 01:58 PM
RootinferDukes...........Put a poll up on this thread. I'm asking all OPs for game threads to do it....just to add to the discussion.

RootinFerDukes
November 28th, 2016, 02:10 PM
poll added

JMUNJ08
November 28th, 2016, 02:51 PM

You must vote on the STATS & Coaches poll then....

I assume the Pioneer is a top 3 conference as well? Right behind Southland and NEC?

Skycop27
November 28th, 2016, 07:56 PM
Please, no more Spyders in this room. I am deathly afraid of them.

PantherRob82
November 28th, 2016, 07:59 PM
He also helped us beat the #2 CAA team Villanova after being thrown to the fire.

"helped"xlolx

fmrbearkat
November 28th, 2016, 08:42 PM

Down year....down couple years. They are ok as long as they play other soft northeast teams.....

Big Duke
November 29th, 2016, 08:05 AM
Down year....down couple years. They are ok as long as they play other soft northeast teams.....
I love it when you guys talk about how soft our conference is. It really carries a lot of weight.
How many playoff teams do you all have?
How many teams with winning records in your conference?
How many teams with winning records did you all play?

dwtime
November 29th, 2016, 09:50 AM
+1 xnodx

fmrbearkat
November 29th, 2016, 10:12 AM
I love it when you guys talk about how soft our conference is. It really carries a lot of weight.
How many playoff teams do you all have?
How many teams with winning records in your conference?
How many teams with winning records did you all play?

When you have to play 9 conference games it's seems like about half are probably going to have losing records unless they win BOTH non conference games. Thought y'all softies from the north east were supposed to be intelligent. Riddle me this....how many times has your conference lost to the SLC in the the playoffs the last 5 years? And how many times has got conference beat an SLC team?

Big Duke
November 29th, 2016, 10:54 AM
When you have to play 9 conference games it's seems like about half are probably going to have losing records unless they win BOTH non conference games. Thought y'all softies from the north east were supposed to be intelligent. Riddle me this....how many times has your conference lost to the SLC in the the playoffs the last 5 years? And how many times has got conference beat an SLC team?
Here is the riddle Mr Softy

You played 2 teams with winning records, so 9 conference games (as you stated) so I guess there are another 7 conference mates you all didn't play this year that are sporting that winning record?
I'm not doubting the fact that you all have a good team, but for you to say our conference is weak, and you all have played a majority of loosing record teams is just Bearkatish

jmufan999
November 29th, 2016, 10:58 AM
1st Team All-CAA TE Jonathan Kloosterman will play in this game after missing the previous game against UNH. He's played almost the entire year but did miss that game. While his stats are not gaudy (outside of Abdullah, no one has gaudy stats. It's a spread-the-ball offense), he is a crucial part of the running game. He also has very reliable hands and I would argue he is one of Schor's top 3 favorite targets. Alls, Ravenel, Kloosterman.

JMUNJ08
November 29th, 2016, 11:00 AM

2 teams beat up on weak competition...

The CAA had 6 schools with a legit shot at making the playoffs the last weekend of the year. Most play at least 1 FBS team and few have a sub D-1 opponent at all. Having a ton of conference games has not made the Pioneer look any different either...

UNHWildcat18
November 29th, 2016, 11:36 AM

UNH went down and beat SELA in 2013. Only playoff game I can remember between SLC and CAA. softies? Haha you guys play a division 2 team almost every year.

Thumper 76
November 29th, 2016, 12:08 PM
Funny, the feeling didn't really hit me when we played maine in the second round a few years ago. It's hit me now and I feel awful for SDSU for those what two years in a row? I really wish the playoffs would not allow a first round team of a conference to travel to a same conference foe for round two. **** regionalization
Realistically of SDSU has been set up for it 4 of the last 5 years. The one year they didn't was when they got to go to EWU. Last year was sending them to Fargo after the Montana game, but they lost. This year is the same. 2014 was the same. 2012 was the same. As a SDSU fan I'm completely done complaining about it, its not going to change, and even with the new stadium unless SDSU gets a seed or UND gets in unseeded they likely get sent to Montana in the first round even with the new stadium, and fed to Fargo. It is what it is, worry about what you can control.

Terry2889
November 29th, 2016, 12:18 PM
UNH went down and beat SELA in 2013. Only playoff game I can remember between SLC and CAA. softies? Haha you guys play a division 2 team almost every year.

We crushed "Southern Speed" McNeese in 2010 to the tune of 42-14. One of the worst conference champion teams we've ever faced in the playoffs

fmrbearkat
November 29th, 2016, 12:35 PM
Here is the riddle Mr Softy

You played 2 teams with winning records, so 9 conference games (as you stated) so I guess there are another 7 conference mates you all didn't play this year that are sporting that winning record?
I'm not doubting the fact that you all have a good team, but for you to say our conference is weak, and you all have played a majority of loosing record teams is just Bearkatish

Nicholls State 0-2 Loss to FBS Georgia 24-26 and FBS South Alabama 41-40
Incarnate Word 0-2 with an FBS Loss
McNeese State 1-1 with a close loss to an FBS Louisiana Lafayette
SFA 1-1 With an FBS loss
UCA 1-1 with an FBS Win and Loss to Samford
Abilene Christian 0-2 with an FBS loss and 1 pt. loss to Northern Colorado
Lamar 0-2 with and FBS loss to Houston and an FCS loss to Coastal Carolina
Northwestern State 1-1 with an FBS Loss
Houston Baptist 1-1 with an FBS loss

Non Conference win Loss 5 wins and 13 losses with 9 of those losses to FBS teams several of which were extremely close games. Only one of the FCS losses was blowout.

So unless everybody in our conference decides to not take a money game and schedule 2 non competitive fcs teams a 9 game conference schedule will always look like a weak conference. Not that hard to understand.

To me it looks like the league is pretty equal but when you have 1 powerhouse that blows everybody out and a 2nd strong team in UCA that shut every offense down then it makes the average team appear weak.

jmufan999
November 29th, 2016, 12:47 PM
Realistically of SDSU has been set up for it 4 of the last 5 years. The one year they didn't was when they got to go to EWU. Last year was sending them to Fargo after the Montana game, but they lost. This year is the same. 2014 was the same. 2012 was the same. As a SDSU fan I'm completely done complaining about it, its not going to change, and even with the new stadium unless SDSU gets a seed or UND gets in unseeded they likely get sent to Montana in the first round even with the new stadium, and fed to Fargo. It is what it is, worry about what you can control.

it sounds like you get it, which is good. stop letting NDSU win conference championships and they either will have a low seed or no seed. NDSU does play on the road in conference, right?

WrenFGun
November 29th, 2016, 12:47 PM
We crushed "Southern Speed" McNeese in 2010 to the tune of 42-14. One of the worst conference champion teams we've ever faced in the playoffs

That SELA team was transfer U, but plenty talented. That McNeese team was absolutely dreadful, though.

fmrbearkat
November 29th, 2016, 12:52 PM
Are you really going to try to compare the Southland and a Pioneer conference that just won its first playoff game??

2 teams beat up on weak competition...

The CAA had 6 schools with a legit shot at making the playoffs the last weekend of the year. Most play at least 1 FBS team and few have a sub D-1 opponent at all. Having a ton of conference games has not made the Pioneer look any different either...

Thumper 76
November 29th, 2016, 12:55 PM
it sounds like you get it, which is good. stop letting NDSU win conference championships and they either will have a low seed or no seed. NDSU does play on the road in conference, right?
They actually have a better record on the road in conference than at home I believe. The Marker games in Fargo have been a lot closer than the ones in Brookings recently. Stop them from winning conference championships is an easy statement to make, but a weak one when you consider that that top playoff teams from other conferences haven't been able to tally more than one win against them in the playoffs or OOC games. Those are the top teams from other conferences mind you, never mind what the middle of the pack teams would do. Easy to say 'stop them' when you don't face them, though I do agree that stopping them starts with the MVFC knocking them out either from their seeded perch they have every year or knocking them off in the playoffs. Hopefully SDSU takes care of business this weekend and has the opportunity to do just that.

fmrbearkat
November 29th, 2016, 01:06 PM

2011 SHSU beat Stony Brook and SLC in Championship
2012 No games but SLC in Championship
2013 New Hampshire beat SELA CAA made it further
2014 SHSU beats Vilanova and SLC and CAA both exit in Semi’s
2015 No matchup other than JMU getting embarrassed by Colgate followed by Colgate getting embarrassed by SHSU. SLC once again goes to the Semis

3-1 and basically 4-1 head to head

3-1-1 on better playoff showings overall

If you want to talk about the ENTIRE Northeast basketball schools it gets worse

jmufan999
November 29th, 2016, 01:13 PM
They actually have a better record on the road in conference than at home I believe. The Marker games in Fargo have been a lot closer than the ones in Brookings recently. Stop them from winning conference championships is an easy statement to make, but a weak one when you consider that that top playoff teams from other conferences haven't been able to tally more than one win against them in the playoffs or OOC games. Those are the top teams from other conferences mind you, never mind what the middle of the pack teams would do. Easy to say 'stop them' when you don't face them, though I do agree that stopping them starts with the MVFC knocking them out either from their seeded perch they have every year or knocking them off in the playoffs. Hopefully SDSU takes care of business this weekend and has the opportunity to do just that.

I didn't say it was easy to beat them, I'm saying YOU have a direct control over whether they are seeded. You (and your MVFC brethren) have mostly failed at that for the entirety of their run. I'm not looking it up, but I'm fairly certain they've won or tied for every conference championship in their run. So you have a direct ability to stop them from playing home playoff games, and the MVFC has repeatedly failed at that. So you really can't get upset about being sent there in the playoffs. Do something about it if you don't like it. I'm not complaining because we're not getting sent there all the time. I really don't care if you get sent there, to be honest. You guys just sound upset about it.

bostonspider
November 29th, 2016, 01:14 PM
2011 SHSU beat Stony Brook and SLC in Championship
2012 No games but SLC in Championship
2013 New Hampshire beat SELA CAA made it further
2014 SHSU beats Vilanova and SLC and CAA both exit in Semi’s
2015 No matchup other than JMU getting embarrassed by Colgate followed by Colgate getting embarrassed by SHSU. SLC once again goes to the Semis

3-1 and basically 4-1 head to head

3-1-1 on better playoff showings overall

If you want to talk about the ENTIRE Northeast basketball schools it gets worse

In 2015 Richmond was also in the Semis.. In 2011 Stony Brook was not in the CAA, but rather in the Big South. So make that 2-1 and 2-1-2 by your standards. In 2013 the CAA had two teams in the semis and one in the finals..

TheRevSFA
November 29th, 2016, 01:23 PM

MOD NOTE - I just wanted to mark the point that Sam fans came in and started pissing on the game thread.

Just making notations of when Sam fans come in to threads and start pissing on them. Should be named the Seagulls instead of the Bearkats.

Good luck to both teams. I have friends who are alumni of both so I have a vested interest in the game.

TheRevSFA
November 29th, 2016, 01:24 PM
The Pod is not trolling ma'am. The Pod is giving his assessment based on his research and experience as a long time sports asshole.

Fixed that one for ya.

Terry2889
November 29th, 2016, 01:35 PM

That Dome air gets stale. Sometimes the Bison need to get out and smell some fresh air and rejuvenate : )

Terry2889
November 29th, 2016, 01:37 PM
In 2015 Richmond was also in the Semis.. In 2011 Stony Brook was not in the CAA, but rather in the Big South. So make that 2-1 and 2-1-2 by your standards. In 2013 the CAA had two teams in the semis and one in the finals..

The Villanova team that lost in 2014 was not the team from the middle of the season. If anyone remembers 'Nova was completely devastated with injuries prior to that game and still should have won. When I saw them halfway through the season they were the best team in the nation in my opinion.

UNHWildcat18
November 29th, 2016, 02:42 PM
The Villanova team that lost in 2014 was not the team from the middle of the season. If anyone remembers 'Nova was completely devastated with injuries prior to that game and still should have won. When I saw them halfway through the season they were the best team in the nation in my opinion.

I watched that game, Nova almost pulled it off with a ridiculous amount of injuries. SLC doesn't have **** on the CAA since 2000. Besides its NDSU's world, were just living it!

JMUisat14
November 29th, 2016, 03:03 PM
The Pod is not trolling ma'am. The Pod is giving his assessment based on his research and experience as a long time sports asshole.

Fixed that one for ya.

The inferiority complex of the SHSU fanbase/apologists is astounding. They're like a cancer, spreading from thread to thread, refusing to stop until they take the whole ship down with them.

I think at this point we should just amputate the affected limbs and hope for the best. xanim_chaix

Skycop27
November 29th, 2016, 03:48 PM
Thread: New Hampshire @ James Madison

Skycop27
November 29th, 2016, 04:10 PM
Chrystal Ball very hazy but just starting to come into focus.
Shows James Madison will score 27 points this Saturday.

mcveyrl
November 29th, 2016, 04:44 PM
Thread: New Hampshire @ James Madison

I kept backing out of the thread thinking I clicked on the wrong one.

UNHWildcat18
November 29th, 2016, 04:52 PM
Speaking of UNH @ JMU

JMU fans do you guys know when you will build out the other half of the stadium?

mcveyrl
November 29th, 2016, 05:26 PM
"helped"xlolx

I hate to say this, but I kind of had the same reaction. He "helped" in the sense that he filled in at quarterback, but didn't really provide the kind of help you're looking for in that situation – unless you're Villanova.

Big Duke
November 29th, 2016, 05:56 PM
I hate to say this, but I kind of had the same reaction. He "helped" in the sense that he filled in at quarterback, but didn't really provide the kind of help you're looking for in that situation – unless you're Villanova.

That was his first snap in a college game. He was expecting to be redshirted and hadn't caught up to the speed of CAA football. He settled down in the second half and didn't lose the game for us.
Against Elon he was 12 - 13 for 274 yards and 2 TDs. I think we will be ok if he has to start

Skycop27
November 29th, 2016, 06:10 PM
So JMU fans, what do we Wildcats have to do defensively to keep you to 27 points
and have a shot at victory on the road? I am a firm believer that it will be the defense
that wins tournament games. For all our 64 points last week, it was the 2 early turnovers
and overall defensive play that paved the way to victory. I don't put too much stock in the
first meeting, Saturday is a different day, different game. JMU is the conference champ,
deservedly the home team, and 2 score favorite. UNH is coming off their best performance
of the season, and needs an even better performance to advance.

Catsfan90
November 29th, 2016, 06:53 PM
Vegas still hasn't released any lines as far as I can see, which is strange because they usually come out Monday afternoon.

PantherRob82
November 29th, 2016, 07:25 PM
That was his first snap in a college game. He was expecting to be redshirted and hadn't caught up to the speed of CAA football. He settled down in the second half and didn't lose the game for us.
Against Elon he was 12 - 13 for 274 yards and 2 TDs. I think we will be ok if he has to start

I don't disagree with this being a possibility with him, we just won't really know the real deal until he plays some meaningful snaps. He's like if SHSU was a QB. :p

Terry2889
November 29th, 2016, 07:34 PM
I have a feeling that we are going to see some crazy ish from UNH this week. I firmly believe that this team is not intimidated by JMU, nor should they be. JMU is clearly the better team. However, JMU has never handled the pressure of being favorite very well. I know this is no longer the Mickey Matthews era, but old habits die hard. We are coming off our best offensive performance of the season against an overrated Lehigh team. Raise is starting which means that we will see Knight in some wildcat roles where he can really shine against a very average JMU defense. On defense, UNH's secondary has some fantastic man/man personnel and we were very effective against the run the first time. The more I think about this game the more I believe that UNH has more than a punchers' chance...

P.S. Now that I've divulged all of this I've probably condemned UNH to a blowout : (

dwtime
November 29th, 2016, 07:44 PM
If we can keep this game close I think we have a shot, a long shot maybe but the way we played this past weekend tells me we have a fighting chance.

I have a feeling that we are going to see some crazy ish from UNH this week. I firmly believe that this team is not intimidated by JMU, nor should they be. JMU is clearly the better team. However, JMU has never handled the pressure of being favorite very well. I know this is no longer the Mickey Matthews era, but old habits die hard. We are coming off our best offensive performance of the season against an overrated Lehigh team. Raise is starting which means that we will see Knight in some wildcat roles where he can really shine against a very average JMU defense. On defense, UNH's secondary has some fantastic man/man personnel and we were very effective against the run the first time. The more I think about this game the more I believe that UNH has more than a punchers' chance...

P.S. Now that I've divulged all of this I've probably condemned UNH to a blowout : (

Go...gate
November 29th, 2016, 07:46 PM
JMU in a close one. I'm thinking 31-24 or so.

Big Duke
November 29th, 2016, 07:49 PM

That's why our offense is so effective. Last game you all stacked the box to shut down our RBs and they had 116 yards, but our QB started pulling their hand off and had 70 yards. In between the runs he managed to go 18 - 27 for 264 yards and 4 TDs. If you can shut down our RBs our QB and our passing game, it will be the first time this year

Terry2889
November 29th, 2016, 07:50 PM
Cardon Johnson= Out.... Don't know if this will matter.

Big Duke
November 29th, 2016, 07:54 PM
He hasn't played much for the last 4 games. We have 2 other backs that are very good also and have seen quite a bit of time. One ran the wildcat last week against Elon.

Eight Legger
November 29th, 2016, 07:58 PM
Speaking of UNH @ JMU

JMU fans do you guys know when you will build out the other half of the stadium?

There was an unexpected run on aluminum internationally, which caused JMU's supplier to go bankrupt. They're still waiting for another shipment, sadly.

jmufan999
November 29th, 2016, 08:08 PM
Cardon Johnson= Out.... Don't know if this will matter.

RB and WR are our deepest positions, but that doesn't mean it won't hurt. out of the group, he is the most likely to run straight over a defender. that's really valuable in the 2nd half, given how physical our OL is at wearing people down (a noticeable change from 2015). Abdullah can do it all, but the other 2 guys are more speed players. I hope we don't miss his physicality and I hope Abdullah can take on an increased workload if needed. I'm not going to brush it off and say it won't matter, because he's a good player. But we are deep there.

JMUisat14
November 29th, 2016, 08:17 PM
There was an unexpected run on aluminum internationally, which caused JMU's supplier to go bankrupt. They're still waiting for another shipment, sadly.

Of anyone that has the right to talk smack about other's stadiums the ticks should be last. City Field was better than what you've got now. xlolx

cx500d
November 29th, 2016, 08:41 PM
http://www.wsj.com/articles/chinese-billionaire-linked-to-giant-aluminum-stockpile-in-mexican-desert-1473356054

Yeah, not a run so much as they were probably using this illegally imported aluminum supply that got caught.

KPSUL
November 29th, 2016, 08:49 PM
well put. for Richmond, i was nervous the entire game. for UNH, it was mostly at the end.

look, UNH fans. JMU fans are giving you plenty of respect. don't worry about fans from other schools. hopefully you can figure out various motivations for them saying what they're saying. it means nothing.

I think one or two of our Richmond fans are seriously conflicted and having trouble deciding which of the two teams they despise the most. Let's have some sympathy for what they must be going through.

KPSUL
November 29th, 2016, 08:58 PM
Excellent press conference early today from JMU Head Coach Mike Houston.

Best of luck to him in the Eddie Robinson Award balloting.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XfUznvZudkU

RootinFerDukes
November 29th, 2016, 09:12 PM
Speaking of UNH @ JMU

Your guess is as good as ours. It isn't even on our university Athletics plan. The only facility they're publicly prioritizing is a new convocation center for our basketball programs.
I honestly wonder if I'll ever see the day they at least finish the complete lower level. A second deck is clearly not needed.
It's going to have a high price tag and requires the demolition of Godwin hall right next to it for the space. It needs a lot of plumbing relocated, etc.
Godwin is the current home of volleyball and our swimming and diving programs. They'll need new homes too.
It's multi-faceted.

Long term answer? Not until or if we're ever fbs.

jmu007
November 29th, 2016, 09:18 PM
Your guess is as good as ours. It isn't even on our university Athletics plan. The only facility they're publicly prioritizing is a new convocation center for our basketball programs.
I honestly wonder if I'll ever see the day they at least finish the complete lower level. A second deck is clearly not needed.
It's going to have a high price tag and requires the demolition of Godwin hall right next to it for the space. It needs a lot of plumbing relocated, etc.
Godwin is the current home of volleyball and our swimming and diving programs. They'll need new homes too.
It's multi-faceted.

I've heard rumblings about possibly finishing the lower bowl out once the new convo project is complete. Personally, I'd rather just scrap the convo project until they win some games and finish the lower bowl first. But hey, to each their own.

JMUisat14
November 29th, 2016, 09:28 PM
It's multi-faceted.

Are you sure they need to demolish Godwin? I think there's enough space for the bowl to be completed. It'll be tight and basically right up against the building but I seem to remember hearing that's what the plan was.

RootinFerDukes
November 29th, 2016, 09:31 PM

UR: the only university in D1 to downgrade the size of their stadium by 14,000 seats.

RootinFerDukes
November 29th, 2016, 09:35 PM
I've heard rumblings about possibly finishing the lower bowl out once the new convo project is complete. Personally, I'd rather just scrap the convo project until they win some games and finish the lower bowl first. But hey, to each their own.

Yeah IMO finishing the lower level of bridgeforth, regardless of Fcs or fbs, needs to be prioritized before a new convo.

flyrod
November 29th, 2016, 09:48 PM
Yeah IMO finishing the lower level of bridgeforth, regardless of Fcs or fbs, needs to be prioritized before a new convo.

Amen to that!

DirtyDukes
November 29th, 2016, 09:49 PM

BRO THEY DON'T WANT ACTUAL FACTS THEY DEAL IN MAGICKS AND SOUTHERN SPEED.

Speaking of UNH @ JMU

I heard we were waiting until you guys remove your track.

I don't disagree with this being a possibility with him, we just won't really know the real deal until he plays some meaningful snaps. He's like if SHSU was a QB. :p

LOLLLL this is good. Well done.

UR: the only university in D1 to downgrade the size of their stadium by 14,000 seats.

After winning a championship, no less.

Eight Legger
November 29th, 2016, 10:11 PM
JMU fans are just salty because they used to be able to bring millions of fans to our old dumpy stadium and now many of them can't get tickets to our much nicer – and yes, smaller – new stadium. It's not like we were averaging 23,000 fans a game at the Big House.

Also, does anyone really expect Schor to play in this game? I'll be Schocked if he does. Houston is not so good at poker.

DirtyDukes
November 29th, 2016, 10:15 PM
We still bring more fans than you do to your home games.

Catsfan90
November 29th, 2016, 10:35 PM
JMU fans are just salty because they used to be able to bring millions of fans to our old dumpy stadium and now many of them can't get tickets to our much nicer – and yes, smaller – new stadium. It's not like we were averaging 23,000 fans a game at the Big House.

Also, does anyone really expect Schor to play in this game? I'll be Schocked if he does. Houston is not so good at poker.
What makes you think he won't play?

UNHWildcat18
November 30th, 2016, 02:01 AM
I heard we were waiting until you guys remove your track.

Its hard to tell online but I wasn't trying to be a dick I was generally curious, also I cant tell if your response is trying to be a jerk to me or if you didn't take it as such, which means the response must be a light hearted joke since we say the track will never leave....

WrenFGun
November 30th, 2016, 05:15 AM
That's why our offense is so effective. Last game you all stacked the box to shut down our RBs and they had 116 yards, but our QB started pulling their hand off and had 70 yards. In between the runs he managed to go 18 - 27 for 264 yards and 4 TDs. If you can shut down our RBs our QB and our passing game, it will be the first time this year

This is exactly right; JMU's WR's beat UNH's DB's last game and Schor torched us in the ground game. Schor's going to get his on the ground, for sure, but they need to do a better job on deep passes to the wideouts. So many big plays to Ravenal and Alls really made the difference. I think I counted 5 or 6 3rd and 10+ conversions.

SkinsWizDukes
November 30th, 2016, 07:31 AM
What makes you think he won't play?

He took first team snaps and was in full pads at practice yesterday. I'd say that's a good sign that he does play. If Cole was going to start then Houston would want him getting all of the first team snaps to prepare for this game.

Terry2889
November 30th, 2016, 08:26 AM
This is exactly right; JMU's WR's beat UNH's DB's last game and Schor torched us in the ground game. Schor's going to get his on the ground, for sure, but they need to do a better job on deep passes to the wideouts. So many big plays to Ravenal and Alls really made the difference. I think I counted 5 or 6 3rd and 10+ conversions.

We were in zone coverage for that entire game for some unknown reason. We need good pressure (Very difficult against this line) and force Schor to throw into tight windows.

DirtyDukes
November 30th, 2016, 08:49 AM
Its hard to tell online but I wasn't trying to be a dick I was generally curious, also I cant tell if your response is trying to be a jerk to me or if you didn't take it as such, which means the response must be a light hearted joke since we say the track will never leave....

LOL I couldn't tell either so I made a lighthearted joke. No harm no foul. Looking forward to Saturday, gonna be a helluva game.

jmufan999
November 30th, 2016, 08:51 AM
We were in zone coverage for that entire game for some unknown reason. We need good pressure (Very difficult against this line) and force Schor to throw into tight windows.

Schor's mobility makes it extraordinarily difficult to play man. Why? Because as soon as the DB's turn their backs, he's going to take off and the DB's won't realize it until he's 10 yards downfield. You really have no choice but to play zone. You're right that you need good pressure, but you will have to do it with your D-line only. Blitzing is a recipe for disaster with the weapons we have. If you get pressure with your D-line only, you could be on to something.

Another reason why man would be difficult is because of our playmakers at WR, specifically Rashard Davis and Ish Hymen. You'd probably call them WR's #3 and 4 (5?), but they are probably the fastest guys on the team. If your 3rd and 4th CBs can keep up with those guys in man coverage, more power to you. I would personally stick with zone and put the onus on my D-line to create pressure.

WrenFGun
November 30th, 2016, 11:59 AM
I think UNH's strategy was GENERALLY fine; Schor got his, Abdullah and Cardon were largely held in check. As I mentioned, the individual 1-on-1 plays down field between our safeties and guys like Alls and Ravenal were won TIME and TIME again by those JMU WR's. If you watch one of the highlights, Schor threw a jumpball to Alls in the endzone and Drummond-Mayrie wasn't even close. I think the law of averages suggests they should be able to better than like, 10% on those 1 on 1s.

If UNH can tackle and disrupt some of those jump balls, they'll be in better shape to defend. In fairness, as I said, though, any progress UNH makes on defense may be offset a bit by JMU not allowing a career day from BOTH QB's.

jmufan999
November 30th, 2016, 01:14 PM
I think UNH's strategy was GENERALLY fine; Schor got his, Abdullah and Cardon were largely held in check. As I mentioned, the individual 1-on-1 plays down field between our safeties and guys like Alls and Ravenal were won TIME and TIME again by those JMU WR's. If you watch one of the highlights, Schor threw a jumpball to Alls in the endzone and Drummond-Mayrie wasn't even close. I think the law of averages suggests they should be able to better than like, 10% on those 1 on 1s.

If UNH can tackle and disrupt some of those jump balls, they'll be in better shape to defend. In fairness, as I said, though, any progress UNH makes on defense may be offset a bit by JMU not allowing a career day from BOTH QB's.

Fair. I'm glad you recognized Alls. I believe he's the best WR on the team, even though he only got 3rd team All-CAA honors. I love that kid.

DirtyDukes
November 30th, 2016, 04:13 PM
We need some damn chatter in this thread.

HEY UNH FANS... I HEARD THAT YOUR WILDCATS AREN'T REALLY THAT WILD AND REALLY THEY'RE MORE LIKE TAME, TAME HOUSECATS. YEAH. THAT'S WHAT I HEARD.

Skycop27
November 30th, 2016, 04:19 PM
Question - What was the nature of QB Schor injury?
Lehigh had a plethora of decent wide receivers and the
coverage was much, much better man to man and double
coverage rather than zone. I expect more of that this week.

Skycop27
November 30th, 2016, 04:21 PM
We need some damn chatter in this thread.

HEY UNH FANS... I HEARD THAT YOUR WILDCATS AREN'T REALLY THAT WILD AND REALLY THEY'RE MORE LIKE TAME, TAME HOUSECATS. YEAH. THAT'S WHAT I HEARD.

You are most correct DirtyDuckes

Big Duke
November 30th, 2016, 04:35 PM
Question - What was the nature of QB Schor injury?
Lehigh had a plethora of decent wide receivers and the
coverage was much, much better man to man and double
coverage rather than zone. I expect more of that this week.

The injury has been very tight lipped. There hasn't been any word of type of injury, severity or if surgery was performed. All we know is that it was to his non throwing shoulder, and he is back practicing in full pads taking #1 reps.

Man coverage on our outs has not worked very well this year because Schor ends up pulling it down and running for first downs. Most teams try and neutralize one aspect of our offense and we capitalize on the other. To stop us, a Defense is going to have to blow up our OL

Skycop27
November 30th, 2016, 04:41 PM
The injury has been very tight lipped. There hasn't been any word of type of injury, severity or if surgery was performed. All we know is that it was to his non throwing shoulder, and he is back practicing in full pads taking #1 reps.

Man coverage on our outs has not worked very well this year because Shore ends up pulling it down and running for first downs. Most teams try and neutralize one aspect of our offense and we capitalize on the other. To stop us, a Defense is going to have to blow up our OL

AH OK, Was wondering if it was something that might hamper his mobility.
Should be no problem on that point then. Thanks for info and update. The
UNH D will have their hands full Saturday.

UNIFanSince1983
November 30th, 2016, 04:47 PM
What happened in the first match up? At first I looked at the score and thought "Oh tight game". Then I noticed that JMU was up 42-12 before giving up 27 straight points in the 4th.

jmufan999
November 30th, 2016, 05:08 PM
What happened in the first match up? At first I looked at the score and thought "Oh tight game". Then I noticed that JMU was up 42-12 before giving up 27 straight points in the 4th.

it's difficult to say. ask a JMU fan, and they might say we let our foot off the gas, UNH recovered an onside kick (that we played horribly and they played well), etc. truly it was one of the worst onside kick recovery attempts i've ever seen from any team. UNH played it perfectly. ask a UNH fan, and they might say that Riese came in for an injured Trevor Knight (or was he just benched? i don't remember), gave them a spark, and their WR's/TE made plays on the ball when our back 7 couldn't.

oh and we had an uncharacteristic turnover. i believe it was Abdullah but i don't remember exactly how it went down, i'll have to check on that.

Big Duke
November 30th, 2016, 05:15 PM

10 min left our D had a brain fart and started to coast. They scored a touchdown, onside kick attempt failed. JMU QB fumbled(replay showed him down but it wasn't reviewed) they scored again. Onside kick successful they scored ... until the final onside kick failed again 42 - 39. JMU's ugliest 10 minutes I've witnessed. The good thing is this let down has fueled our Defense and we've played considerably better D since. I'm sure our guys are looking at this game as a chance to avenge those last 10 minutes

dwtime
November 30th, 2016, 05:16 PM
I guess my question would be how much running is Schor going to be doing with a bad shoulder? Couple good hits and he may be toast. Does your coaching staff want to risk that against us? UNH will be best served playing man to man coverage at this point roll the dice and see what happens.

Man coverage on our outs has not worked very well this year because Schor ends up pulling it down and running for first downs. Most teams try and neutralize one aspect of our offense and we capitalize on the other. To stop us, a Defense is going to have to blow up our OL

Big Duke
November 30th, 2016, 05:23 PM
I guess my question would be how much running is Schor going to be doing with a bad shoulder? Couple good hits and he may be toast. Does your coaching staff want to risk that against us? UNH will be best served playing man to man coverage at this point roll the dice and see what happens.

If you all can blow up the OL and get to Schor then it might work. The other issue is our Receivers are fast and very above average. If Schor or Johnson have time in the pocket, the receivers will get open. We went something like 5 games without giving up a sack. It should be a fun chess match

Big Duke
November 30th, 2016, 05:30 PM
Here is the highlights from the Elon game with CoJo(true freshman QB) 12 - 13 for 274 yards 2 TDs

http://www.jmusports.com/news/2016/11/19/football-elon-recap.aspx

Skycop27
November 30th, 2016, 05:38 PM
10 min left our D had a brain fart and started to coast. They scored a touchdown, onside kick attempt failed. JMU QB fumbled(replay showed him down but it wasn't reviewed) they scored again. Onside kick successful they scored ... until the final onside kick failed again 42 - 39. JMU's ugliest 10 minutes I've witnessed. The good thing is this let down has fueled our Defense and we've played considerably better D since. I'm sure our guys are looking at this game as a chance to avenge those last 10 minutes

That's why Saturday is a whole new game. JMU will avenge that 4th quarter meltdown (UNH had a worse meltdown vs Albany
and has survived). UNH learned it's lesson well by putting a full 60 minutes of football together last week (they know anything
less and they clean out the lockers). Wish I could be there Saturday.

jmufan999
November 30th, 2016, 08:48 PM
We went something like 5 games without giving up a sack. It should be a fun chess match

i thought it was 7 straight games without a sack but i could be wrong. UNH hasn't had the same success protecting the QB this year (97th in sacks allowed; JMU is 8th) and that showed up in the previous game, with JMU getting 3 sacks and UNH not getting any.

on the other hand, UNH got an absolutely astounding 27 passing first downs. think about how insane that number is. 27 first downs simply from passing. incredible coaching and execution.

Dukie95
November 30th, 2016, 09:39 PM

It was crazy...JMU was up 42-12 before giving up 27 straight points in the 4th.

Mattymc727
December 1st, 2016, 06:55 AM
It was crazy...JMU was up 42-12 before giving up 27 straight points in the 4th.

Wasnt it in less than 7 minutes as well? It was pretty clear JMU was warming up the bus and had a step onto it.

jmufan999
December 1st, 2016, 08:02 AM
Wasnt it in less than 7 minutes as well? It was pretty clear JMU was warming up the bus and had a step onto it.

It could have been. I don't want to say it was completely JMU letting its foot off the gas as that takes away from what UNH did. I give you guys a lot of credit, you did a lot of things right to make the comeback. We could have played better in that stretch, and I hope we learned from what happened.

RootinFerDukes
December 1st, 2016, 08:24 AM
There were a lot of fluky breaks in UNH's favor that helped them in that 27-0 run too. The first two scores were definitely the JMU defense not mentally in the game and giving soft cushions with a 30 point lead. In between there was an on-side kick we weren't prepared to defend and a phantom fumble that the replay showed wasn't really a fumble but they didn't bother to review it of course (CAA refs after all). That last UNH TD was also borderline in terms of their receiver establishing his feet in bounds, but of course they let it stand.

Credit to UNH for accomplishing the run that I would call the worst 10 minutes of JMU football I've ever watched. The likelihood of similar breaks going UNH's way are unlikely I would hope though but with our conference's officiating reputation, you never know. Our defense has improved noticeably since that moment in the season and it certainly humbled them. Our coaches and defensive players won't forget it this saturday. That much is certain.

DirtyDukes
December 1st, 2016, 08:52 AM
There were a lot of fluky breaks in UNH's favor that helped them in that 27-0 run too. The first two scores were definitely the JMU defense not mentally in the game and giving soft cushions with a 30 point lead. In between there was an on-side kick we weren't prepared to defend and a phantom fumble that the replay showed wasn't really a fumble but they didn't bother to review it of course (CAA refs after all). That last UNH TD was also borderline in terms of their receiver establishing his feet in bounds, but of course they let it stand.

Credit to UNH for accomplishing the run that I would call the worst 10 minutes of JMU football I've ever watched. The likelihood of similar breaks going UNH's way are unlikely I would hope though but with our conference's officiating reputation, you never know. Our defense has improved noticeably since that moment in the season and it certainly humbled them. Our coaches and defensive players won't forget it this saturday. That much is certain.

True Story: me and a bunch of other JMU fans were attending a JMU fans wedding (I know, I know, but at least he did it on an away game). When we went into the ceremony JMU was up 42-10. When we came out it was 42-39. Needless to say, that guy's never allowed to renew his vows.

UNIFanSince1983
December 1st, 2016, 08:57 AM
Okay well good to get a little bit of a picture of it. Obviously, some of what I hear is one sided, but does sound a little fluky.

I guess that means it could go either way. UNH could have confidence that if they play as well the whole game as they did in the last 10 minutes they can win against JMU. JMU could also feel like they almost let it slip away and if they continue to play for a full 60 minutes they can blow UNH away. Should be interesting. I do think JMU is one of the teams that could win the championship this year so I am still picking them, but nice to hear a little more about it.

Mattymc727
December 1st, 2016, 09:16 AM
JMU has the better talent but UNH has the firepower to complete the upset.

Depends on what teams show up. The UNH offense, generally its strongsuit over the last 12 years, has been incredibly inconsistent all year (very young). However, the last 6 qtrs and at other points of the season they have shown the explosiveness of old. Paired with a solid but not great UNH defense, if UNH plays like it did against Lehigh and second half of Maine, and JMU is sleeping from the bye week, could be a UNH win.

All things being equal, JMU is at least a 2 TD spread.

DirtyDukes
December 1st, 2016, 10:00 AM
Dukes start out a 10.5 pt favorite, over under 71.5 per 5dimes.

Big Duke
December 1st, 2016, 10:00 AM
Lines are out

JMU - 10 1 / 2 o / u 71 1 / 2

WrenFGun
December 1st, 2016, 10:52 AM
Rumors that if Knight is healthy he'll start. Hard to believe, hard to know if it's gamesmanship.

UNHFootballAlum
December 1st, 2016, 10:53 AM
It could have been. I don't want to say it was completely JMU letting its foot off the gas as that takes away from what UNH did. I give you guys a lot of credit, you did a lot of things right to make the comeback. We could have played better in that stretch, and I hope we learned from what happened.

Also remember that UNH left 3 points out there, by going for 2 twice and failing and missing and extra point. Those 3 points would have tied the game and possibly sent it to overtime.

Jacked_Rabbit
December 1st, 2016, 11:43 AM
JMU -10.5 on 5dimes

JMU_71
December 1st, 2016, 11:51 AM
JMU -10.5 on 5dimes

This is completely off topic, but I just noticed your signature picture. What the hell are those SDSU linemen doing to those Cornhuskers? xembarrassedx

Jacked_Rabbit
December 1st, 2016, 11:57 AM
This is completely off topic, but I just noticed your signature picture. What the hell are those SDSU linemen doing to those Cornhuskers? xembarrassedx

Youve obviously never been to a family reunion in South Dakota.... xnodx

"C'mon, Rusty, lets go find your sister!!!" - cousin Eddie

Thumper 76
December 1st, 2016, 12:11 PM
Youve obviously never been to a family reunion in South Dakota.... xnodx

"C'mon, Rusty, lets go find your sister!!!" - cousin Eddie
Worth noting its USeD fans who do this.....

jmufan999
December 1st, 2016, 12:33 PM
Also remember that UNH left 3 points out there, but going for 2 twice and failing and missing and extra point. Those 3 points would have tied the game and possibly sent it to overtime.

exactly right. that's the downside of Sean going for two point conversions all the time. you're chasing the points if you don't get it. looks like a genius when it works, but it can also cost you games you otherwise would have won. it wouldn't be my style but that's why he's the professional and I'm typing on a message board.

WrenFGun
December 1st, 2016, 01:49 PM
exactly right. that's the downside of Sean going for two point conversions all the time. you're chasing the points if you don't get it. looks like a genius when it works, but it can also cost you games you otherwise would have won. it wouldn't be my style but that's why he's the professional and I'm typing on a message board.

I think the mistake McDonnell makes there is not committing to one of the two strategies. If you think the percentage play is to go for 2, go for 2 EVERY. SINGLE. TIME. If you score 4 TD's and go 50% on 2 point conversions, you're in the same spot. If you're better? You've got an advantage.

Skycop27
December 1st, 2016, 05:55 PM
Lines are out

JMU - 10 1 / 2 o / u 71 1 / 2

New line out with news that Knight is starting for UNH.

JMU - 18 1/2 o/u 80 1/2

UNHWildcat18
December 1st, 2016, 08:42 PM

JMU - 18 1/2 o/u 80 1/2

I hope I eat my words but I think this is a huge mistake. Has Toman in the 2010 UD game feel all over again.

RootinFerDukes
December 2nd, 2016, 07:36 AM
Is McDonnell really that stubborn to put "his guy" in, even if that may not be the most talented QB on your roster? I would think he would put in whoever he believes will have the best opportunity to beat the opponent and in this case, exploit JMU's very suspect passing defense.

DirtyDukes
December 2nd, 2016, 07:46 AM

JMU - 18 1/2 o/u 80 1/2

I hope I eat my words but I think this is a huge mistake. Has Toman in the 2010 UD game feel all over again.

How I hope Houston is viewing all this QB info:

http://i.imgur.com/1FOhmQm.gif

Terry2889
December 2nd, 2016, 08:38 AM
How I hope Houston is viewing all this QB info:

http://i.imgur.com/1FOhmQm.gif

I dont bet, but if I did I'd bet UNH to cover. 18 1/2 is ridiculous.

DirtyDukes
December 2nd, 2016, 08:44 AM
Apparently that is how Houston's looking at it:

https://jamesmadison.rivals.com/news/houston-expects-unh-qb-riese

jmufan999
December 2nd, 2016, 09:06 AM
Apparently that is how Houston's looking at it:

https://jamesmadison.rivals.com/news/houston-expects-unh-qb-riese

yep. I'm not buying it and it sounds like Houston's not buying it, either.

Big Duke
December 2nd, 2016, 09:17 AM
I'm sure the 18 1/2 was in jest. The line is still 10 1/2

Catsfan90
December 2nd, 2016, 11:03 AM
I dont bet, but if I did I'd bet UNH to cover. 18 1/2 is ridiculous.
They've covered every single spread this year but the Albany game.

Catsfan90
December 2nd, 2016, 11:03 AM
Maybe to get some action on it? The lines were released late, so I'm sure they needed to entice some bettors.

Big Duke
December 2nd, 2016, 12:05 PM
If you guys make it down, make sure you make it to the best tailgate lot P-Lot. I'm sure you will receive a lot of grief, but we are pretty welcoming as long as your not a RU Tick fan. We HATE Ticks. I would bet DirtyDukes would even play a little Stump with you.

DirtyDukes
December 2nd, 2016, 12:06 PM
If you guys make it down, make sure you make it to the best tailgate lot P-Lot. I'm sure you will receive a lot of grief, but we are pretty welcoming as long as your not a RU Tick fan. We HATE Ticks. I would bet DirtyDukes would even play a little Stump with you.

If any Wildcat fans are planning on coming down send me a PM, we'd love to host you guys.

Terry2889
December 2nd, 2016, 12:06 PM

Had tickets and was all set to head on down from Jersey but my dog went into heat.... True story : (

Big Duke
December 2nd, 2016, 12:14 PM
Had tickets and was all set to head on down from Jersey but my dog went into heat.... True story : (
I'd be buying Diapers and a cage. "Come on Man" this is playoff football

WrenFGun
December 2nd, 2016, 12:23 PM
I made it up from Boston to Orono [4 and a half hours or so] so unfortunately JMU is out this week. I'm sure some of the parents will be there and be loud, though!

Terry2889
December 2nd, 2016, 02:02 PM
I'd be buying Diapers and a cage. "Come on Man" this is playoff football

:( I'm pathetic. Gave the tickets to my buddy who played at 'Nova. At least one former Wildcat can make it...

Skycop27
December 2nd, 2016, 02:26 PM

Yeah, a frustrated Wildcat Fan here who was indeed just jesting. No one actually lays down their
hard earned money on these games anyway, do they??xsmiley_wix

mcveyrl
December 2nd, 2016, 08:07 PM

Our game was the backdoor of all backdoor covers. I think the line was 3.5!

Skycop27
December 2nd, 2016, 10:35 PM
Well, it took a few shots from the Macallan 18 bottle to get ye old crystal ball to completely clear up.
Final score, UNH 30 JMU 27. Sounds a bit low but that's what she wrote. Have a feeling only one of
these teams scores here could be correct.

Anyway, the talk is over, the Gridiron tomorrow will reveal the victor. Then the Monday morning quarterbacking
begins again.

Big Duke
December 3rd, 2016, 05:59 AM
Schor has been confirmed as starting. 48 - 21 Dukes. Stay healthy everyone and safe travels

Catsfan90
December 3rd, 2016, 08:22 AM
Our game was the backdoor of all backdoor covers. I think the line was 3.5!

Omg, it was insane! I forgot all about that.

RootinFerDukes
December 3rd, 2016, 08:43 AM
Schor starting should help move the line at least 7 points in JMU's favor.

caribbeanhen
December 3rd, 2016, 09:10 AM
Schor starting should help move the line at least 7 points in JMU's favor.

do you plan on playing all 4 quarters this time? that's the thing about lines.... garbage time

StrikeJMU
December 3rd, 2016, 09:40 AM
do you plan on playing all 4 quarters this time? that's the thing about lines.... garbage time

Are we allowed to? Every time we do play 4 quarters we get accused of running up the score. xdrunkyx

mcveyrl
December 3rd, 2016, 09:59 AM
Omg, it was insane! I forgot all about that.

I thought we had a chance to make SVP's "Bad Beats" on SportsCenter.

Lehigh'98
December 3rd, 2016, 10:29 AM

UNH did????? What about Dartmouth

Catsfan90
December 3rd, 2016, 12:39 PM
UNH did????? What about Dartmouth
The line was UNH +7 for that game.

WrenFGun
December 3rd, 2016, 12:52 PM
Knight starting.

UNHWildcat18
December 3rd, 2016, 01:03 PM
Knight starting. Very disappointing Knight has been average at best all season Riese sparks the almost come back vs JMU, win vs maine and blowout vs Lehigh, somehow is benched.... SMH

R3TRO
December 3rd, 2016, 01:06 PM
Really questioning Coach Mac on this one. Very disappointed to see Knight start today.

Go Lehigh TU owl
December 3rd, 2016, 01:08 PM
JMU use to have really nice uniforms. Those helmets are horrific....

dwtime
December 3rd, 2016, 01:20 PM
Agreed same as the Delaware game years ago, he didn't go with Decker who was the hot hand and lost the game playing Tohman because he was the starter coming back from injury.

Really questioning Coach Mac on this one. Very disappointed to see Knight start today.

Go Lehigh TU owl
December 3rd, 2016, 01:22 PM
TD UNH! Their OL continues to play well....

UNHWildcat18
December 3rd, 2016, 01:24 PM
Good start so far, I really hope we all eat our words and knight from here on out plays fantastic.

Grizalltheway
December 3rd, 2016, 01:26 PM
Don't mean to be a dick, but was JMU's stadium expansion really necessary?

Go Lehigh TU owl
December 3rd, 2016, 01:31 PM
Don't mean to be a dick, but was JMU's stadium expansion really necessary?

Not as long as they remain FCS. Outside of Richmond last year I've never seen it more than 1/2 full.....

Go Lehigh TU owl
December 3rd, 2016, 01:32 PM
Impressive stand by UNH D to hold JMU to a FG...

7-3 Wildcats

R3TRO
December 3rd, 2016, 01:42 PM
Ugh... these are prototypical Knight offensive possessions. I would really like to see Riese today.

UNHWildcat18
December 3rd, 2016, 01:49 PM
weak PI call

dwtime
December 3rd, 2016, 01:50 PM
Terrible pass inteference call, non catchable and ticky tacky at best. Let them play football.

dwtime
December 3rd, 2016, 01:51 PM
Smith down, not good for our pass defense.

Go Lehigh TU owl
December 3rd, 2016, 01:55 PM
TD JMU!

10-7 Dukes 12:32 2Q

UNHWildcat18
December 3rd, 2016, 02:00 PM
So apparently coach mac went with Knight due to his mobility factor. WTF does that matter when his passing has been ****ty so far and our running game has been just fine?

dwtime
December 3rd, 2016, 02:00 PM
Such a dumb decision to start Knight, he has done nothing!

dwtime
December 3rd, 2016, 02:02 PM
They are going to abuse Perkins all day now..................

R3TRO
December 3rd, 2016, 02:03 PM
Trevor has run it once. Really glad we're utilizing that mobility. 2/7 passing for 13 yes. Awesome.

Go Lehigh TU owl
December 3rd, 2016, 02:05 PM
TD Dukes!

17-7 8:45 2Q

UNHWildcat18
Good trick play by JMU 17-7, if knight misses another two passes and goes 3 and out you gotta switch him

dwtime
Nice holding JMU, not good enough to not get all the calls today?

dwtime
December 3rd, 2016, 02:07 PM
Its already too late, stupid coaching UNH.

Good trick play by JMU 17-7, if knight misses another two passes and goes 3 and out you gotta switch him

Bogus Megapardus
December 3rd, 2016, 02:23 PM
Something's just a little off with New Hampshire this afternoon. Not what we're used to seeing. Unless JMU really is that good.

Bogus Megapardus
December 3rd, 2016, 02:25 PM
Hoping the Wildcats have something after halftime, because . . . sheesh!

kdinva
December 3rd, 2016, 02:27 PM
Dukes TD again........31-7>>>> 0:58 to the half...

Go Lehigh TU owl
December 3rd, 2016, 02:27 PM
Something's just a little off with New Hampshire this afternoon. Not what we're used to seeing. Unless JMU really is that good.

Now it's 31-7 Dukes! It's weird how some of these games turnout to be blowouts. UNH is experiencing what Lehigh went through last Saturday. Just not your day...

R3TRO
December 3rd, 2016, 02:28 PM
http://www.anygivensaturday.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=24003&stc=1

BigHouseClosedEnd
December 3rd, 2016, 02:31 PM

Bump.

Catsfan90
December 3rd, 2016, 02:34 PM
Bump.
I'll eat crow.

UNHWildcat18
December 3rd, 2016, 02:35 PM
http://www.anygivensaturday.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=24003&stc=1

LOL perfect

WrenFGun
December 3rd, 2016, 02:36 PM
JMU's much better than UNH [the realists here said 10-14 points better]. They deserve to be winning by a lot, so let me acknowledge that before complaining about having a suck QB starting over a capable one on the bench. Short of McDonnell saying he made the wrong decision, not sure how the UNH fanbase could reasonably accept this one.

Just a selfish, stupid decision from a consistently stubborn coach.

BigHouseClosedEnd
December 3rd, 2016, 02:37 PM
I'll eat crow.

Massive respect for the UNH program. This was just a horrible setup for them. Wish I was still a bettor.

dwtime
December 3rd, 2016, 02:37 PM
Good luck to JMU moving forward, I hope your head coach doesn't pull any bonehead decisions like ours did in putting Knight in at QB. McDonnell shouldn't show up to pick up his New England coach of the year award, if he does he should throw the award in the trash.

Mattymc727
December 3rd, 2016, 02:38 PM
Riese would not be keeping UNH in this game either. Congrats JMU

Skycop27
December 3rd, 2016, 02:40 PM
Congratulations Dukes. Great performance. Your QB reminds me of our QB (Reise) that I watched and enjoyed perform in person last week. Do the CAA proud and go all the way!

R3TRO
December 3rd, 2016, 02:43 PM
To me, JMU is the far superior team but now we'll never know if we could have hung in there a little closer with Riese. Our defense played great to start the game and just got gassed by the offensive 3&outs. Tough situation. Oh well. Like a poster said on the UNH forum, this team has already overachieved this year and losing today was not unexpected. Not bad for a rebuilding year.

Catsfan90
December 3rd, 2016, 02:44 PM
Riese would not be keeping UNH in this game either. Congrats JMU
I disagree. We had momentum early, and couldn't even gain first downs due to missed opportunities.

Don't forget how quickly knight has been giving the ball away.

Defense gave us a gift early, knight gave it right away.

mcveyrl
December 3rd, 2016, 02:50 PM
Riese has to play second half, right? Second half line is JMU -6.5 and o/u is 31. If Riese plays I definitely take UNH.

UNHWildcat18
December 3rd, 2016, 02:58 PM
Weak PI call on JMU but TD UNH with 2 point conversion 31-15

WrenFGun
December 3rd, 2016, 03:01 PM
Credit to UNH there for the quick score. Nice drive for the much criticized Knight. We'll see if JMU is going to play 4 quarters today.

Bogus Megapardus
December 3rd, 2016, 03:02 PM
Why are some of you Hew Hampshire guys acting as if the game is over already?

EDIT - OK, that return was a nightmare. Sheesh. It might be over.

mcveyrl
December 3rd, 2016, 03:05 PM
The worst thing that could've happened for UNH is that opening drive. McDonnell needs a reason to put in Riese.

mcveyrl
December 3rd, 2016, 03:07 PM
The worst thing that could've happened for UNH is that opening drive. McDonnell needs a reason to put in Riese.

Or should I say...a Rieson...

UNHWildcat18
December 3rd, 2016, 03:08 PM
I've noticed our last couple games...... our punter sucks too two straight awful punts

- - - Updated - - -

I've noticed our last couple games...... our punter sucks too two straight awful punts

Matt
December 3rd, 2016, 03:11 PM
28 in the second?????! What the hell happened?

kdinva
December 3rd, 2016, 03:13 PM
Dukes respond........45-15; 8:19 in the 3rd.

WrenFGun
December 3rd, 2016, 03:16 PM
As I suspected, UNH sold out to stop Abdullah. They have, but they do not have the athletes to cover the recievers [same thing as last game].

Terry2889
December 3rd, 2016, 03:33 PM
I must say that I am quite happy that the pooch forced me to stay home : ) We'll be back next year! Great job by the Dukes today, you have a temporary fan for the rest of the playoffs. Now we need 'Nova and Richmond to take care of business! Go CAA!

mcveyrl
December 3rd, 2016, 03:40 PM
Well, at least UNH has little doubt they've found their future QB.

Terry2889
December 3rd, 2016, 03:45 PM
Well, at least UNH has little doubt they've found their future QB.

That hurt man, haha! We have a great recruit in Christian Lupoli, and a verbal from a kid that looks like Vlad Lee (Doubt it sticks).

The Pud
December 3rd, 2016, 03:52 PM
Good quality win for JMU

mcveyrl
December 3rd, 2016, 03:56 PM
That hurt man, haha! We have a great recruit in Christian Lupoli, and a verbal from a kid that looks like Vlad Lee (Doubt it sticks).

Haha. I was being serious. I think Riese looks a lot better than Knight - INT notwithstanding.

dwtime
December 3rd, 2016, 04:30 PM
Go get em JMU, hope you win the NC!

dwtime
December 3rd, 2016, 04:32 PM
Reise is a senior, Knight is not the answer at QB by no means. He played no better in week 13 than he had in week 1.

Haha. I was being serious. I think Riese looks a lot better than Knight - INT notwithstanding.

Skycop27
December 3rd, 2016, 04:36 PM
Classy move by JMU coach Houston congratulating UNH seniors
after the game. I noticed.

Longhorn
December 3rd, 2016, 04:46 PM
I dont see JMU reaching the 50s no matter who the QB is. Id say something like 35-24 JMU.

I dont think UNHs success this past saturday carries over, but it wont be a blowout either.

Hmmm, I guess we can stop taking your football "insights" seriously.

Mattymc727
December 3rd, 2016, 05:01 PM
Hmmm, I guess we can stop taking your football "insights" seriously.

Considering you waited until the end of the game to respond to this, we shouldn't take your "life" seriously.

GO kill yourself you muppet.

Longhorn
December 3rd, 2016, 05:36 PM
Considering you waited until the end of the game to respond to this, we shouldn't take your "life" seriously.

GO kill yourself you muppet.

Aw, you mad bro? Too bad.

UNHWildcat18
December 3rd, 2016, 05:47 PM
Aw, you mad bro? Too bad. People make mistakes, get it wrong sometimes. Don't be a dick. Also how have the longhorns been the last 5 seasons?