View Full Version : San Diego @ NDSU

Pages : [1] 2

Bisonator
November 26th, 2016, 09:23 PM
First I want to say congrats to the Torrero's on their first ever PO victory and we will welcome you to Fargo next weekend for one hell of a tailgate and game atmosphere!

Now
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XWEvLT3gxzU

andthehomeofthe-BIZON-
November 26th, 2016, 09:39 PM
Haven't watched em play other than today, but i feel as though this will get really ugly. They look like NDSU ultra light. We are Guinness, they are Natty light.

JSUSoutherner
November 26th, 2016, 09:42 PM
First I want to say congrats to the Torrero's on their first ever PO victory and we will welcome you to Fargo next weekend for one hell of a tailgate and game atmosphere!

Now
I'm rolling LMAO!! That clip is perfect! Holy **** I can't breathe!

Bison56
November 26th, 2016, 09:55 PM
I'm rolling LMAO!! That clip is perfect! Holy **** I can't breathe!
Same here xlolx

TheKingpin28
November 26th, 2016, 10:02 PM

Now

*insert slow clap here*

Twentysix
November 26th, 2016, 10:05 PM

Now

xlolx xthumbsupx

Prime Power
November 26th, 2016, 10:25 PM
More from Ron when he was an anchor in ND.

https://youtu.be/uetalQpXwUI

Bisonator
November 26th, 2016, 10:26 PM
Did I hear right during the game that San Diego's best defensive lineman is 6' 230 pounds?

Red & Black
November 26th, 2016, 10:29 PM
This is going to be an ugly game.

bojeta
November 26th, 2016, 10:30 PM
This is going to be an ugly game.

Yep, 68-0 NDSU

mmiller_34
November 26th, 2016, 10:39 PM
Yep, 68-0 NDSU

Cal Poly fans are out for blood.

aces1180
November 26th, 2016, 10:43 PM
Yep, 68-0 NDSU

Nah...It will be like 45-10 Bison.

Bucs2016
November 26th, 2016, 11:11 PM

Now

Post of the Year nominee right here^^^^

bonarae
November 26th, 2016, 11:14 PM
Wow. What a surprise. Has NDSU had dominated the Toreros' weaker PFL brethren over the years?

Game will be closer than most expect, I hope.

Sent from my ASUS_Z00AD using Tapatalk

UNHWildcat18
November 26th, 2016, 11:24 PM
Poly beat SDSU who beat NDSU, so naturally it's gonna be 45-24 USD right? Righttt?

Bisonator
November 26th, 2016, 11:25 PM
Wow. What a surprise. Has NDSU had dominated the Toreros' weaker PFL brethren over the years?

Game will be closer than most expect, I hope.

Sent from my ASUS_Z00AD using Tapatalk

I think the only PFL team we've ever played was Valparaiso back in 2004. It was 52-0.

JSUSoutherner
November 26th, 2016, 11:27 PM
Poly beat SDSU who beat NDSU, so naturally it's gonna be 45-24 USD right? Righttt?
Precisely.

http://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20161127/9bd013e6185877b926880eedb470b183.png

bojeta
November 27th, 2016, 12:27 AM
Nah...It will be like 45-10 Bison.

Nah... It will be more like 68-0. We really sucked that bad.

97Torero
November 27th, 2016, 12:40 AM
After watching tonight's game, I believe the weather played a big role in the outcome. CP runners never got their footing. That won't be an issue in Fargo. 45-10 seems about right. There is a big difference in the depth!!

FargoBison
November 27th, 2016, 12:50 AM
Big difference in this game will be in the trenches. I am expecting NDSU's OL is going to dominate.

MTfan4life
November 27th, 2016, 12:54 AM
What's the over under on what the spread is going to be set for this game? 35?

Thumper 76
November 27th, 2016, 01:46 AM
Oh good, so either SDSU or Nova, after a tough physical game, will get to play an NDSU team that had a bye and a warm up scrimmage. Thanks Poly, ruining our shot at a higher seed wasn't enough for you? Dick move.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

TheKingpin28
November 27th, 2016, 01:52 AM
Oh good, so either SDSU or Nova, after a tough physical game, will get to play an NDSU team that had a bye and a warm up scrimmage. Thanks Poly, ruining our shot at a higher seed wasn't enough for you? Dick move.

https://cdn.meme.am/cache/instances/folder229/500x/15977229.jpg

ming01
November 27th, 2016, 04:40 AM
I was worried about the Cal-Poly option attack and not having Pierre Gee-Tucker, not as worried anymore. Should be a 45-7 type game.

Bison Fan in NW MN
November 27th, 2016, 07:11 AM
Yep, 68-0 NDSU

Coach Klieman never runs the score up on anyone. He takes the foot off the pedal when it is warranted. Not this year though....a lot of close games.

That said, he better not fool around and let this team "hang in there".

USD is way over matched on both LOS. If the Bison cannot line up and just pound them into the turf, then they do not deserve to win.

Oh ya, no rain inside the FD....:D

Bison 45-6

RootinFerDukes
November 27th, 2016, 07:22 AM
I'm going to LOL if San Diego beats North Dakota State next week.

Bison Fan in NW MN
November 27th, 2016, 07:31 AM
I'm going to LOL if San Diego beats North Dakota State next week.

Anything is possible for sure.

That said, this will be USD's first time in the FD and it will be loud as he**. I'll be surprised if USD does not load the box and try to slow up the running game. They are way over matched on the LOS and probably need to do this just to try and stay in the game.

IMO, the Bison passing game could have a very good game.

Like I said, anything is possible but IMO, this game will be a rout.

elvisbdking
November 27th, 2016, 08:13 AM
Great to see new teams in the FFD. SD this week and 'Nova next week!!

BisonBacker
November 27th, 2016, 08:15 AM
Great to see new teams in the FFD. SD this week and 'Nova next week!!

Welcome to the board. We need more NDSU posters around here there are so few :D

CockyGeek
November 27th, 2016, 09:13 AM
San Diego doesn't stand a chance. They're not prepared for any type of competitive football.

Sent from my VS986 using Tapatalk

PantherRob82
November 27th, 2016, 10:10 AM
Anything is possible for sure.

That said, this will be USD's first time in the FD and it will be loud as he**. I'll be surprised if USD does not load the box and try to slow up the running game. They are way over matched on the LOS and probably need to do this just to try and stay in the game.

IMO, the Bison passing game could have a very good game.

Like I said, anything is possible but IMO, this game will be a rout.

It will be loud, but not cold like Washington-Grizzly. ;)

Thundar
November 27th, 2016, 10:16 AM
So people blame Cal Poly and their poor production on Offense on the weather? USD played in the exact same conditions, FACT the Defense of Cal Poly was horrendous, the USD O line was blowing holes the size of a freight train, USD had 4 turnovers and still won the damn game. USD wanted that win more and had way more fire it was very evident

Now they ran Hodges so much that I doubt he will feel 100% next week and I didn't see anyone else on the USD offense that could produce any yards, key here is to get Pressure and the USD QM immediately throws the ball away, and I'm sorry USD but this is not a PFL or BSC Defense your coming in to play. I don't see this game close at all but USD will put up a couple garbage time TD's

King, Lance, Bruce, Chase will get some good runs, and I'm guessing Shepard will have some big catches. Not being cocky but a NON scholarship team coming into the Dome and playing the #1 SEED, 5 time defending champs isn't going to win.

POD Knows
November 27th, 2016, 10:43 AM

I picked SDSU to win it all so, if I were you, I wouldn't get my Frisco tickets.

Thumper 76
November 27th, 2016, 10:46 AM
I picked SDSU to win it all so, if I were you, I wouldn't get my Frisco tickets.

Jesus, add that to the Jay Walker kiss of death and poly pulling this.....I mean how much more can you stack the deck against them?

NDSUtk
November 27th, 2016, 11:00 AM
Jesus, add that to the Jay Walker kiss of death and poly pulling this.....I mean how much more can you stack the deck against them?

I heard there was a request made and granted that the same refs who worked the SDSU-ISUr game are assigned to all playoff games that SDSU plays in this year. ;)

NDSUtk
November 27th, 2016, 11:06 AM
Congrats to the University of San Diego on the victory. Was an entertaining game to watch! Hope your athletic department is stocked up on Tide to get those uniforms cleaned up from your mud bowl.

Your running back was a slippery one and runs like a man running for his life every play. Hopefully our line and LBs wrap up right away and hold on until the second man gets there.

Question for USD fans, I got the impression your QB isn't the most accurate, but your TE and WRs sure made some grabs to make him look good. Is he inaccurate or am I mistaken or perhaps the conditions last night made him look poorer than he is?

For those making the trip, don't be afraid to tailgate. It'll be cold (compared to what you're used to) but most of us have tents with heaters set up and it'll be 50+ inside the tent. Plenty of us would welcome you in if you're coming up.

I like this matchup for the Bison a lot more than against Cal Poly. Hopefully we can get ahead early and see our defense go into playoff mode!

Sent from my Nexus 5X using Tapatalk

Thumper 76
November 27th, 2016, 11:12 AM
For those making the trip, don't be afraid to tailgate. It'll be cold (compared to what you're used to) but most of us have tents with heaters set up and it'll be 50+ inside the tent. Plenty of us would welcome you in if you're coming up.

Sent from my Nexus 5X using Tapatalk

My advice for San Diego fans tailgating with bison fans, if I were Sherlock Holmes:

https://youtu.be/K_2ueqFSHF0

Gil Dobie
November 27th, 2016, 11:13 AM
I don't think the break 40, and San Diego gets a couple late scores to make the game close.

TheKingpin28
November 27th, 2016, 11:49 AM

#bookit ???

BisonFan02
November 27th, 2016, 12:01 PM
There are two ways this game can go:

1) A needlessly close game that leaves alot of pissed off Bison fans.....I've been to a few of them this year.

or.......

2) A NCAA sponsored snuff movie

I'm leaning towards #1.......but it still could end up like watching the scene of an accident. xlolx

POD Knows
November 27th, 2016, 12:14 PM

You have the Holy Trinity of adversity.

TheKingpin28
November 27th, 2016, 12:16 PM

1) A needlessly close game that leaves alot of pissed off Bison fans.....I've been to a few of them this year.

or.......

I'm leaning towards #1.......but it still could end up like watching the scene of an accident. xlolx

It is a Klieman coached team so #1 is never out of the question, since he is too nice and will never run the score up unless there is a sense of animosity, but I really need this to be #2 in order for me to believe NDSU has a solid chance against SDSU, assuming they can get by Villanova and that is no lock.

Bison Fan in NW MN
November 27th, 2016, 12:16 PM

or.......

I can see #1 with how Coach K lets teams hang around sometimes.

How many false starts on USD? First time in the dome.

Catsfan90
November 27th, 2016, 12:20 PM
The Cubs won, and Donald Trump is president. NDSU should be very nervous about 2016...

Sent from my XT1080 using Tapatalk

centennial
November 27th, 2016, 12:21 PM

Sometimes. Okay. Klieman's teams don't have the killer instinct that Bohl had. We never step on the throat. The only one we did this season was Illinois State, and even with that we went into some BS play calling in the 2nd half.

Bison Fan in NW MN
November 27th, 2016, 12:26 PM
Sometimes. Okay. Klieman's teams don't have the killer instinct that Bohl had. We never step on the throat. The only one we did this season was Illinois State, and even with that we went into some BS play calling in the 2nd half.

I'm referencing all 3 years. This year has been different. Teams are hanging around because IMO, the Bison are not quite as good as in the past. Still a very good team but not compared to the last NC teams IMO.

centennial
November 27th, 2016, 12:39 PM
I'm referencing all 3 years. This year has been different. Teams are hanging around because IMO, the Bison are not quite as good as in the past. Still a very good team but not compared to the last NC teams IMO.

So this has nothing to do with the play calling? The reality is that teams are selling out to stop the run, so we score quickly on them. Then the coaches freak out and go conservative. Sometimes it works okay, mostly it let's teams back in the game.

We have to go to a base WCO, make short throws to use it like a running game. Instead we are running spread concepts from NIU. If we are going to run these concepts then we can't be afraid of scoring too quickly.

Bison Fan in NW MN
November 27th, 2016, 12:43 PM
So this has nothing to do with the play calling? The reality is that teams are selling out to stop the run, so we score quickly on them. Then the coaches freak out and go conservative. Sometimes it works okay, mostly it let's teams back in the game.

We have to go to a base WCO, make short throws to use it like a running game. Instead we are running spread concepts from NIU. If we are going to run these concepts then we can't be afraid of scoring too quickly.

Nothing has changed with Polasek and his play calling. He has done the same things the 3 years he has been calling plays. His Northern Illinois spread influence has been there the whole time.

What I'm saying is maybe this team isn't as talented as the teams before. They are certainly still very good but maybe not quite as talented.

This USD game should not be close if the Bison play clean football.

bojeta
November 27th, 2016, 01:16 PM

One thing I'll give the Toreros is discipline. We made a fair amount of noise, and they were completely unphased by it. Essentially penalty free.

Thumper 76
November 27th, 2016, 01:22 PM
I heard there was a request made and granted that the same refs who worked the SDSU-ISUr game are assigned to all playoff games that SDSU plays in this year. ;)
You have a very cruel and twisted mind xlolx

Nothing has changed with Polasek and his play calling. He has done the same things the 3 years he has been calling plays. His Northern Illinois spread influence has been there the whole time.

What I'm saying is maybe this team isn't as talented as the teams before. They are certainly still very good but maybe not quite as talented.

This USD game should not be close if the Bison play clean football.

I've been saying this to a certain Bison fan for a while now. The Bison coaching staff all of a sudden just **** their brains out this season seems to be a prevailing theory I've been seeing, from how they defended SDSU and EWU to offensive play calling. The one that really boggles my mind is the guys who say NDSU just need to bring pressure and they would stop those teams, like your defensive staff didn't even think of that xlolx.

The Bison have had one of the best if not the best defenses in the country for years and years, with the same defensive staff, and all of a sudden they don't know how to call a game to put the team in the best position to win? That makes zero sense.

BisonBacker
November 27th, 2016, 01:26 PM
One thing I'll give the Toreros is discipline. We made a fair amount of noise, and they were completely unphased by it. Essentially penalty free.

I watched the game. From the views on TV I could make more noise farting than the fans at that game could yelling and hollering. Just saying.

citdog
November 27th, 2016, 01:52 PM
I watched the game. From the views on TV I could make more noise farting than the fans at that game could yelling and hollering. Just saying.

Well there was that high pitched screeching on the espn3 feed...

Twentysix
November 27th, 2016, 02:11 PM
#22 Iowa is the best win in the fcs again.

Bison Fan in NW MN
November 27th, 2016, 02:22 PM
NDSU has averaged 240 rushing yards/game. San Diego is #6 against the run 88/game. Total defense they are ranked #1: 244 yards/game and scoring defense they are #1: 12.9 points/game

Can the Bison run the ball on this stout defense?

I think I better change my prediction: USD 50-0

Schism55
November 27th, 2016, 02:57 PM
NDSU has averaged 240 rushing yards/game. San Diego is #6 against the run 88/game. Total defense they are ranked #1: 244 yards/game and scoring defense they are #1: 12.9 points/game

Can the Bison run the ball on this stout defense?

I think I better change my prediction: USD 50-0
Checks out xthumbsupx

Preferred Walk-On
November 27th, 2016, 04:34 PM
The Cubs won, and Donald Trump is president. NDSU should be very nervous about 2016...

Sent from my XT1080 using Tapatalk

You forgot about Brexit, and yes, they should be.

clenz
November 27th, 2016, 04:39 PM
After watching tonight's game, I believe the weather played a big role in the outcome. CP runners never got their footing. That won't be an issue in Fargo. 45-10 seems about right. There is a big difference in the depth!!

And the starters. And the second string.

It's not just that NDSU has more players.

bojeta
November 27th, 2016, 04:49 PM
You forgot about Brexit, and yes, they should be.

Yes, Took-a-Dump is the Prez-elect, but that won't help the Toreros. Blowout...

TheKingpin28
November 27th, 2016, 05:00 PM
You have a very cruel and twisted mind xlolx

I've been saying this to a certain Bison fan for a while now. The Bison coaching staff all of a sudden just **** their brains out this season seems to be a prevailing theory I've been seeing, from how they defended SDSU and EWU to offensive play calling. The one that really boggles my mind is the guys who say NDSU just need to bring pressure and they would stop those teams, like your defensive staff didn't even think of that xlolx.

The Bison have had one of the best if not the best defenses in the country for years and years, with the same defensive staff, and all of a sudden they don't know how to call a game to put the team in the best position to win? That makes zero sense.

I feel like this is about me...

TennBison
November 27th, 2016, 06:01 PM
I saw the stands during the game. Based on what I saw for attendance I would bet that my grandsons daycare kids could make more noise.

Schwarz04
November 27th, 2016, 08:55 PM

It it seems like we were a lot like this last year too (letting teams hang around), until the playoffs rolled around. It seems like they just flipped a switch last year in the 1st playoff game and never looked back. I still think the same thing could happen this year, although I do think the Bison may be in a little bit more of a tight spot with the defensive injuries...

bojeta
November 27th, 2016, 09:57 PM
I saw the stands during the game. Based on what I saw for attendance I would bet that my grandsons daycare kids could make more noise.

Considering the downpour for hours before the game, attendance was pretty good. Cameras all faced toward the student side which was about half full. Alumnus side was pretty full.

BisonTru
November 27th, 2016, 10:20 PM
I'm not a huge height weight guy, because you can be a big dude and suck or a smaller guy and be an all star but...

San Diego has a starting D Tackle (not a DE) that is listed at 6'2 240. Our guards are going to have between 80-90 pounds on that kid.

Bisonoline
November 27th, 2016, 11:06 PM
I'm not a huge height weight guy, because you can be a big dude and suck or a smaller guy and be an all star but...

San Diego has a starting D Tackle (not a DE) that is listed at 6'2 240. Our guards are going to have between 80-90 pounds on that kid.

The yotes D line wasnt much bigger.

BisonTru
November 27th, 2016, 11:12 PM

Both their DTs are 35 pounds bigger.

Bisonoline
November 27th, 2016, 11:16 PM
Both their DTs are 35 pounds bigger.

According to there program they had 1 player on the d line that went over 255.

FargoBison
November 27th, 2016, 11:19 PM
We ran for 370 yards on the Yotes. Not sure that DL is one anyone wants to be making comps to.

BisonTru
November 27th, 2016, 11:22 PM
According to there program they had 1 player on the d line that went over 255.

On their website both starting DTs are 275. I can understand 240 for a DE, but a DT. IDK, that is small.

Bisonoline
November 27th, 2016, 11:27 PM
On their website both starting DTs are 275. I can understand 240 for a DE, but a DT. IDK, that is small.

Of course its small. Thats why we were talking about it during the game.

Bisonoline
November 27th, 2016, 11:30 PM
We ran for 370 yards on the Yotes. Not sure that DL is one anyone wants to be making comps to.

Did you watch the game? We should have steam rolled them. So if it wasnt there size what was the problem? Play calling? I would go along with that also.

FargoBison
November 27th, 2016, 11:34 PM
Did you watch the game? We should have steam rolled them. So if it wasnt there size what was the problem? Play calling? I would go along with that also.

The problem was constantly shooting ourselves in the foot. INT, fumble, penalties the entire second half was a mess.

Yeah, that game should have been won by two or three TDs.

Bison Fan in NW MN
November 28th, 2016, 06:44 AM

This here.

Being there with you, the Bison could have run on every play but the OC got cute too many times. The Bison have a huge advantage on both lines....hope they take advantage of that.

Bison Fan in NW MN
November 28th, 2016, 06:45 AM
The problem was constantly shooting ourselves in the foot. INT, fumble, penalties the entire second half was a mess.

Yeah, that game should have been won by two or three TDs.

Agree with this also.

Turnovers are just killers this year and stupid penalties.

Bison Fan in NW MN
November 28th, 2016, 06:49 AM

You would think the power G-gap run game should work.

Bisonator
November 28th, 2016, 08:05 AM
I'm sure SD will implement that cutting of our oline that CSU used in the first game. Kind of cheap but effective for a smaller dline. Interesting to see how we counter. Probably more outside runs. Stick should have plenty of time to throw.

YoUDeeMan
November 28th, 2016, 08:43 AM
Has anyone on this thread mentioned that NDSU has a quality loss?

That stuff is important.

POD Knows
November 28th, 2016, 08:45 AM

Neither was Montana's when they beat us in Missoula

Bison56
November 28th, 2016, 10:08 AM

That stuff is important.

Must not be getting the attention he needs at home again.

Houndawg
November 28th, 2016, 11:56 AM
I hope SD has the Child Abuse Hotline on speed dial.....

Grizalltheway
November 28th, 2016, 12:17 PM
I hope SD has the Child Abuse Hotline on speed dial.....

They're gonna get worked harder than a donkey in Tijuana...

AmsterBison
November 28th, 2016, 12:19 PM
Neither was Montana's when they beat us in Missoula

Charleston Southern's DL was smallish too... but they did a pretty good job fighting through blocks and being gap sound.

The Pud
November 28th, 2016, 12:36 PM
The Pod thinks this will be the upset of the playoffs............San Diego wins a battle over NDSU.

ysubigred
November 28th, 2016, 12:49 PM
Yes, Took-a-Dump is the Prez-elect, but that won't help the Toreros. Blowout...

Damn you all have computers in your safe spaces? Don't spill hot chocolate in your keyboard xsmiley_wix

- - - Updated - - -

NDSU wins in a thriller 77-6 xthumbsupx

Bison56
November 28th, 2016, 01:28 PM
Charleston Southern's DL was smallish too... but they did a pretty good job fighting through blocks and being gap sound.

They had a good plan of chopping down the lead blockers.

Lehigh'98
November 28th, 2016, 01:28 PM
The Pod thinks this will be the upset of the playoffs............San Diego wins a battle over NDSU. Would be the biggest upset in FCS history I believe.

Bison56
November 28th, 2016, 01:29 PM
The Pod thinks this will be the upset of the playoffs............San Diego wins a battle over NDSU.

Who asked you?

The Pud
November 28th, 2016, 01:50 PM
Who asked you?

The people I report to hear at SI asked me sir.

JSUSoutherner
November 28th, 2016, 01:53 PM
The people I report to hear at SI asked me sir.Hear at SI?

I thought you had to be able to spell to work in journalism. xcoffeex

The Pud
November 28th, 2016, 01:56 PM
Hear at SI?

I thought you had to be able to spell to work in journalism. xcoffeex

fat fingers...................your wife likes them.

JSUSoutherner
November 28th, 2016, 01:56 PM
fat fingers...................your wife likes them.
Interesting choice of insult considering I'm not married.

Good try though.

Milktruck74
November 28th, 2016, 01:57 PM
Bisonator....Put a poll up on this thread. I'm asking all OPs for game threads to do it....just to add to the discussion.

The Pud
November 28th, 2016, 01:57 PM
Interesting choice of insult considering I'm not married.

Good try though.

then your boyfriend likes fat fingers

JSUSoutherner
November 28th, 2016, 02:00 PM
then your boyfriend likes fat fingers
Oh ****. I got burned.

Can any Bison fans send me a piece of ice from Fargo? Perhaps some Aloe Vera will help.

BisonBacker
November 28th, 2016, 02:02 PM

http://www.midwestsportsfans.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/06/mj-laughing.gif

The Pud
November 28th, 2016, 02:04 PM
Oh ****. I got burned.

Can any Bison fans send me a piece of ice from Fargo? Perhaps some Aloe Vera will help.

you will need it for sure after YSU takes JSU out of the playoffs.

IBleedYellow
November 28th, 2016, 02:05 PM
Oh ****. I got burned.

We don't have snow or ice here yet.

It's basically heaven.

JSUSoutherner
November 28th, 2016, 02:07 PM

Hey BB, Imma borrow your gif.

POD Knows
November 28th, 2016, 02:12 PM

Somebody do an IP check on this zipper head,

Bisonator
November 28th, 2016, 02:14 PM
Bisonator....Put a poll up on this thread. I'm asking all OPs for game threads to do it....just to add to the discussion.
Done but I expect a landslide to hit San Diego!:D

BisonBacker
November 28th, 2016, 02:14 PM
Hey BB, Imma borrow your gif.

xdrunkyx

BisonBacker
November 28th, 2016, 02:18 PM
Just found this site for USD but it looks to be pretty dead.

http://toreroworld.boards.net/thread/69/football-earns-playoff-school-history?page=1&scrollTo=112

ysubigred
November 28th, 2016, 02:19 PM
Somebody do an IP check on this zipper head,

I thought it was your "MINI ME" :D

POD Knows
November 28th, 2016, 02:22 PM
I thought it was your "MINI ME" :D

I don't think so, although, I am having trouble separating dreams from reality lately.

ysubigred
November 28th, 2016, 02:23 PM
I don't think so, although, I am having trouble separating dreams from reality lately.

xrotatehxxthumbsupx

Milktruck74
November 28th, 2016, 02:24 PM
Done but I expect a landslide to hit San Diego!:D

Yeah, yours is going to be a little one sided...but just like the people that voted for Jill Stein, I threw away my vote on principle!!!! Go Toredores....or whatever the hell they are!!!

BisonBacker
November 28th, 2016, 02:28 PM
Yeah, yours is going to be a little one sided...but just like the people that voted for Jill Stein, I threw away my vote on principle!!!! Go Toredores....or whatever the hell they are!!!

You had to ruin a perfect thing. I wondered how long it would go without a vote for USD.

Daytripper
November 28th, 2016, 02:29 PM
This old dude can coach!..... http://www.usdtoreros.com/sports/m-footbl/mtt/dale_lindsey_348466.html

Grizalltheway
November 28th, 2016, 02:34 PM
Harbaugh's free this weekend...maybe he can come back and put together a game plan for the Toreros?

Schwarz04
November 28th, 2016, 02:39 PM
I have the Bison rolling in this one.

BISON: 45

Toreros: 9

Milktruck74
November 28th, 2016, 02:42 PM
You had to ruin a perfect thing. I wondered how long it would go without a vote for USD.

YEah, we kinda knew how this one would turn out, but I wanted to see some of the others and I didn't want the NDSU faithful to think I was conspiring against them.....Now, lets see if I start a trend???? Doubtful!!!

dewey
November 28th, 2016, 03:47 PM
Join WDAY sports director Dom Izzo and The Forum’s Jeff Kolpack for the latest Bison Video Blog. Round 1 of the FCS Playoffs wrapped up and after one of the biggest upsets in FCS Playoff history, the Toreros of San Diego come to the Fargodome to face the 5-time national champs.

https://www.bisonmediazone.com/video-blog-playoff-edition-ndsu-vs-san-diego/

MVFC commissioner is also the Pioneer Football league commissioner.
http://www.inforum.com/sports/4167919-missouri-valley-commissioner-awkward-over-second-round-matchup

Here is some more information about San Diego head coach Dale Lindsey.
http://mcfeely.areavoices.com/2016/11/28/university-of-san-diego-coach-has-been-everywhere-man/

Dewey

Bison Fan in NW MN
November 28th, 2016, 05:03 PM

That stuff is important.

Is this the Delaware sucks ass thread?

Laker
November 28th, 2016, 06:48 PM
Harbaugh's free this weekend...maybe he can come back and put together a game plan for the Toreros?

Regardless of the final score, he would still blame it on officiating.

JSUSoutherner
November 28th, 2016, 06:53 PM
Regardless of the final score, he would still blame it on officiating.
Yes, Harbaugh is very good at squandering third quarter two possession leads and blaming it on the refs. xcoffeex

Gil Dobie
November 29th, 2016, 07:08 AM
Still see the game being closer than most think.

dewey
November 29th, 2016, 07:22 AM
I think the Bison pull away in the second half to win this game 31-13.

Dewey

Model Citizen
November 29th, 2016, 08:20 AM
"Torero's" ?

ysubigred
November 29th, 2016, 08:47 AM
"Torero's" ?

xbawlingx

http://24.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_m6q2lqbbKw1qj6ctoo1_500.jpg

Bison56
November 29th, 2016, 10:06 AM
Its going to be a nail biter, 10-3 Bison win on last second TD.

Red & Black
November 29th, 2016, 11:27 AM
So...8 people think San Diego will win this game. Riiiiight.

Houndawg
November 29th, 2016, 11:38 AM
Still see the game being closer than most think.

xrolleyesx

They shouldn't be allowed to start the game until the Child Protective Services personnel are on the sideline.xcoffeex

Bison Fan in NW MN
November 29th, 2016, 08:46 PM
USD steamrolls the Bison.

dewey
November 30th, 2016, 07:23 AM
Here is an article from the Fargo Forum about a San Diego team NDSU has seen very little of on film.

http://www.inforum.com/sports/4168115-san-diego-brings-element-mystery-second-round-playoff-matchup

Here is a post from the Bison Media Blog about the road warriors of the FCS.
https://www.bisonmediazone.com/the-road-warriors-of-the-fcs/

Here is a video and interview with USD senior cornerback Devyn Bryant.
http://fox5sandiego.com/2016/11/27/usd-football-team-wins-first-ever-playoff-game/

Dewey

PantherRob82
November 30th, 2016, 10:08 AM
I sincerely think NDSU could not watch any film or do any scouting and still win this game just fine. Just watch them warm up and they should be good to go. xthumbsupx

ElCid
November 30th, 2016, 10:45 AM
I sincerely think NDSU could not watch any film or do any scouting and still win this game just fine. Just watch them warm up and they should be good to go. xthumbsupx

Do they even need to show up? Maybe?

Hammerhead
November 30th, 2016, 12:47 PM
Bison up by at least 21 at halftime and then let backups start getting more reps.

dewey
November 30th, 2016, 12:51 PM
3 days until playoffs return to Gate City Bank Field!

#3 great NCAA moment in Dome: Jensen TD, NDSU heads to Texas!

http://www.anygivensaturday.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=23987&stc=1

Dewey

Bison56
November 30th, 2016, 01:59 PM
3 days until playoffs return to Gate City Bank Field!

#3 great NCAA moment in Dome: Jensen TD, NDSU heads to Texas!

http://www.anygivensaturday.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=23987&stc=1

Dewey

I have the thread from that game saved to my favorites, its one of the best.

dewey
November 30th, 2016, 02:08 PM
I have the thread from that game saved to my favorites, its one of the best.

Agreed lot of references to the great southern speed I imagine:D

Dewey

Bison56
November 30th, 2016, 02:21 PM
Agreed lot of references to the great southern speed I imagine:D

Dewey

The Triple Option cannot be stopped

http://www.anygivensaturday.com/showthread.php?102839-NDSU-vs-Georgia-Southern-Semifinals&highlight=Georgia+southern

In case you are bored.xthumbsupx

AmsterBison
November 30th, 2016, 03:05 PM
Bison up by at least 21 at halftime and then let backups start getting more reps.

I'd be ecstatic that NDSU was up by that much at halftime, but that ecstasy would be short-lived if NDSU put in backups too soon... cripes, NDSU has not looked good in the second half even with the starters in.

cx500d
November 30th, 2016, 05:19 PM
yeah, they'd be up 21 at half and score no more points and get one more 1st down the rest of the game.

I'd be ecstatic that NDSU was up by that much at halftime, but that ecstasy would be short-lived if NDSU put in backups too soon... cripes, NDSU has not looked good in the second half even with the starters in.

caribbeanhen
November 30th, 2016, 06:33 PM
full disclosure, I haven't read the thread but curious if any San Diego fans have shown up?

No_Skill
November 30th, 2016, 06:45 PM
The Triple Option cannot be stopped

http://www.anygivensaturday.com/showthread.php?102839-NDSU-vs-Georgia-Southern-Semifinals&highlight=Georgia+southern

In case you are bored.xthumbsupx

I skimmed it and found this gem.

I'm a Griz fan... and I want the best team to win
But I'd also like NDSU to get a shot at a National Championship
It would be good for FCS in my opinion

Serpentor
November 30th, 2016, 06:57 PM
full disclosure, I haven't read the thread but curious if any San Diego fans have shown up?

Nope, they're wisely staying out of this circle jerk.

Southern Bison
November 30th, 2016, 07:09 PM
Nope, they're wisely staying out of this circle jerk.
Says the guy in the lead to eat the toast from the SHSU Novemberist CJ...

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

bonarae
November 30th, 2016, 07:17 PM
TBH, not too many Pioneer fans are members here and they as a collective do not spend much time here unlike most of us.

Serpentor
November 30th, 2016, 07:19 PM
Says the guy in the lead to eat the toast from the SHSU Novemberist CJ...

I'm sorry, I don't speak retard, you're going to have to translate that into English for me.

Southern Bison
November 30th, 2016, 07:21 PM
I'm sorry, I don't speak retard, you're going to have to translate that into English for me.
You're a little Novemberist bitch..that english enough for ya?

Serpentor
November 30th, 2016, 07:24 PM
You're a little Novemberist bitch..that english enough for ya?

Nope sorry, still too retarded to translate. Please remove your fingers from the farm animal you're currently pleasuring and use both sets of fingers.

Southern Bison
November 30th, 2016, 07:25 PM
Nope sorry, still too retarded to translate.
At least you can admit you're fully retarded.

Serpentor
November 30th, 2016, 07:26 PM
At least you can admit you're fully retarded.

Nice comeback, only took you two tries!

Southern Bison
November 30th, 2016, 07:27 PM
Nice comeback, only took you two tries!
Your team is still working on their 5th try in the last 6 seasons...you still have your runner-up t-shirt?

Serpentor
November 30th, 2016, 07:31 PM
Your team is still working on their 5th try in the last 6 seasons...you still have your runner-up t-shirt?

It's so cute how you're singling me out, Serpentor wants to blush! But then you are a fellow Novemberist, I take it as a complement.

Southern Bison
November 30th, 2016, 07:32 PM
It's so cute how you're singling me out, Serpentor wants to blush! But then you are a fellow Novemberist, I take it as a complement.
You planning to stick around after the Meerkats lose in the playoffs? Or will you disappear with MK & Chattown?

Serpentor
November 30th, 2016, 07:34 PM
You planning to stick around after the Meerkats lose in the playoffs? Or will you disappear with MK & Chattown?

Serpentor will still be here, regardless of how his Kats perform. And he wishes the Bison good luck as well, met many nice fans last time he was in Fargo!

Schwarz04
November 30th, 2016, 10:50 PM
Serpentor will still be here, regardless of how his Kats perform. And he wishes the Bison good luck as well, met many nice fans last time he was in Fargo!

By all means you and S. Bison continue on with your bitch fit, one question though, why are you referring to yourself in the third person?

BisonFan02
November 30th, 2016, 10:51 PM
By all means you and S. Bison continue on with your bitch fit, one question though, why are you referring to yourself in the third person?

Because he commands it.

Thumper 76
November 30th, 2016, 11:39 PM

http://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20161201/2c70c48dff9fc22b4ce47af75ee292fd.jpg

Bisonoline
December 1st, 2016, 12:13 AM

Major Human Flaw: Some people refer to themselves in the third person.
Response No. 1, by Elsa Ronningstam, associate clinical professor of psychology at Harvard Medical School and author of Identifying and Understanding the Narcissistic Personality: Referring to yourself in the third person creates distance between "I" and "he." So if you have an exaggerated view of how great you are, you could be using this distance to make yourself even bigger. Or, if you've achieved major success suddenly, using the third person could be a way to adjust to the bigger role that's been assigned to you. It's a way to enlarge yourself to fit that role.

caribbeanhen
December 1st, 2016, 04:24 AM

Because it's December 1st and you are now a Decemberist... haha

dewey
December 1st, 2016, 08:27 AM
Here is a link to a podcast from yesterday's (30 November) Bison 1660 am show called "The Insiders" and an interview with San Diego head coach Dale Lindsey.

http://www.bison1660.com/the-insiders

The interview starts about 80 minutes to go. I really like the interview with the HC and his expectations of his players.

Also an interview with NDSU OC Tim Polasek and also San Diego Union Tribune Don Norcross (21 minutes until the end).

Dewey

Bison56
December 1st, 2016, 09:06 AM
Here is a link to a podcast from yesterday's (30 November) Bison 1660 am show called "The Insiders" and an interview with San Diego head coach Dale Lindsey.

The interview starts about 80 minutes to go. I really like the interview with the HC and his expectations of his players.

Dewey

Good stuff.xthumbsupx

Thumper 76
December 1st, 2016, 10:22 AM

Also an interview with NDSU OC Tim Polasek and also San Diego Union Tribune Don Norcross (21 minutes until the end).

Dewey
So am I the only one who thought that Hansen sounded as arrogant if not more than a lot of FBS radio shows before playing a FCS team. I mean, telling their beat writer we didn't even know you existed kinda blew me away.

Sent from my RCT6303W87M7 using Tapatalk

F'N Hawks
December 1st, 2016, 10:26 AM
So am I the only one who thought that Hansen sounded as arrogant if not more than a lot of FBS radio shows before playing a FCS team. I mean, telling their beat writer we didn't even know you existed kinda blew me away.

You seem surprised. Have you ever listened to the radio broadcast of their games?

Thumper 76
December 1st, 2016, 10:29 AM
You seem surprised. Have you ever listened to the radio broadcast of their games?
Oh I expect a certain level of it that I've become accustomed to, but honestly this felt above and beyond how the Huskers radio show was acting the first time we played them, and they were the number 6 team in the country at the time in FBS. I expect it from fans and thats all fine with me, but as a radio show for a team that gets disrespected like that when they play FBS teams, I just expected better.

BisonBacker
December 1st, 2016, 10:32 AM

LOL a closet Bison fan xlolx

F'N Hawks
December 1st, 2016, 11:00 AM
LOL a closet Bison fan xlolx

In the first 10 minutes I heard Fathead and Phil argue two calls. Arguing calls on the radio, really?

dewey
December 1st, 2016, 11:24 AM

Chris Hansen isn't the radio game broadcast person that would be Jeff Culhane and I think he is respectful to other teams. I could understand the smart comments from Chris Hansen as irking people.

Dewey

dewey
December 1st, 2016, 11:26 AM
Here are some interviews with the San Diego head coach and some of the players.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l_rfVAfjJyg

Dewey

Jacked_Rabbit
December 1st, 2016, 11:41 AM
NDSU -21.5 on 5dimes...

gsf23nd
December 1st, 2016, 12:14 PM

I don't think it was any worse than the San Diego radio guy asking one of the Torero players what makes NDSU so successful? Do they recruit a bunch of junior college players? Do they have low academic standards?

Gil Dobie
December 1st, 2016, 12:57 PM

The interview I listened to, Hansen said he didn't know anything about them, as in players, coaches, offense, defense, etc.

Thumper 76
December 1st, 2016, 01:07 PM
The interview I listened to, Hansen said he didn't know anything about them, as in players, coaches, offense, defense, etc.
The two I remember was him saying something like "when we all heard who we were playing up here we were like who? The Aztecs? No they're FBS, who is San Diego?". I don't know, I get saying that as a fan, but when you are doing a radio show that somewhat represents the university, that comes off as extremely arrogant or extremely ignorant, or even both. Not a good look IMHO when you are a FCS football show. That and when they start the show by mocking their schedule by saying "they played Western New Mexico, avoiding the power that is Eastern New Mexico ha ha ha" is just really unprofessional to me. I wouldn't expect or be happy about any SDSU radio show doing the same thing. I could just be in salty Jacks fan form for the playoffs and reading into it, I guess I expect people on the radio for your school to be at a higher standard than the fans, especially at a school that has had to constantly deal with the same arrogance from FBS schools when they play them. I'm not saying you have to build them up to be some world beaters, but you don't need to mock them. But they regularly mock opposing teams attendance on there as well, so I shouldn't be surprised.

Trumpster
December 1st, 2016, 01:13 PM

Hansen has come across as very arrogant to me many a time, like the worst of what other fan bases accuse bison fans of being. If it weren't for him I'd probably listen to the radio show often.

X-Factor
December 1st, 2016, 01:34 PM
The two I remember was him saying something like "when we all heard who we were playing up here we were like who? The Aztecs? No they're FBS, who is San Diego?". I don't know, I get saying that as a fan, but when you are doing a radio show that somewhat represents the university, that comes off as extremely arrogant or extremely ignorant, or even both. Not a good look IMHO when you are a FCS football show. That and when they start the show by mocking their schedule by saying "they played Western New Mexico, avoiding the power that is Eastern New Mexico ha ha ha" is just really unprofessional to me. I wouldn't expect or be happy about any SDSU radio show doing the same thing. I could just be in salty Jacks fan form for the playoffs and reading into it, I guess I expect people on the radio for your school to be at a higher standard than the fans, especially at a school that has had to constantly deal with the same arrogance from FBS schools when they play them. I'm not saying you have to build them up to be some world beaters, but you don't need to mock them. But they regularly mock opposing teams attendance on there as well, so I shouldn't be surprised.

I'm not seeing it Thumper, but I'm also a Bison fan, so there is that.

http://www.relatably.com/m/img/funny-jealous-memes/72416c5aa1c799d17a65f4bbb3c2222d89327fe7a24409387f 1b927ab9b0092d.jpg

Thumper 76
December 1st, 2016, 01:37 PM
I'm not seeing it Thumper, but I'm also a Bison fan, so there is that.

http://www.relatably.com/m/img/funny-jealous-memes/72416c5aa1c799d17a65f4bbb3c2222d89327fe7a24409387f 1b927ab9b0092d.jpg
I wouldn't say man or jealous. But I would say I got my salt delivery a week early:http://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20161201/73eb2d6dbc759da86e6cc74301283508.jpg

Bison56
December 1st, 2016, 01:54 PM
I wouldn't say man or jealous. But I would say I got my salt delivery a week early:http://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20161201/73eb2d6dbc759da86e6cc74301283508.jpg

http://i421.photobucket.com/albums/pp299/DaughterOfLight/gifs/bill-cosby.gif (http://s421.photobucket.com/user/DaughterOfLight/media/gifs/bill-cosby.gif.html)

Bisonator
December 1st, 2016, 01:56 PM
Hansen has come across as very arrogant to me many a time, like the worst of what other fan bases accuse bison fans of being. If it weren't for him I'd probably listen to the radio show often.
I think he is trying to be funny but comes off like a dick at times. Probably should have someone else be the fill in host when Jeff's gone. Show is definitely better with Jeff at the helm.

caribbeanhen
December 1st, 2016, 02:01 PM

lots of people don't know FCS exist...

dewey
December 1st, 2016, 02:10 PM
I think he is trying to be funny but comes off like a dick at times. Probably should have someone else be the fill in host when Jeff's gone. Show is definitely better with Jeff at the helm.

THIS RIGHT here. Like you said I think Hanson is trying to be funny but sometimes isn't and the comments about attendance are very true.

Jeff Culhane is far better.

Dewey

AmsterBison
December 1st, 2016, 02:12 PM

Well, in the Bison State, they know.

Come to think of it, Philly sports radio guys seem to know about the local FCS teams including the Hens.

dewey
December 1st, 2016, 02:14 PM
NDSU -21.5 on 5dimes...

I thought Sargatin had it as 28.5 points.

I would take the over on 21.5 but I think 28.5 is a bit much.

I look at San Diego and see that they have experienced guys at every position and have a defense that is always in the right position (according to Jeremy Jorgenson) but I think the NDSU offensive line wears them down.

It will be interesting to see if they use the CSU strategy of taking out lead blockers to create a pile up.

Dewey

ysubigred
December 1st, 2016, 02:16 PM

No ****!! Coming through the gate today here at Fort Knox, I had my YSU pullover on and the gate guard says; Hey is that a hockey team!? I said no it's a university in Youngstown Ohio that is DIV 1 just 53 scholarships opposed to 80. He comes back never heard of 1FCS or Youngstown State?? My son went to EKU and they play Kentucky in football xcrazyx If I had time I'd said DAMN son!!! YSU was in the OVC a few years back xcoolx

Thumper 76
December 1st, 2016, 02:24 PM
When your radio show is exclusively about the bison and their football program in the fall, you should have general knowledge of the subdivision and its teams. Especially if you plan to talk playoff football, its your damn job.

dewey
December 1st, 2016, 02:28 PM
When your radio show is exclusively about the bison and their football program in the fall, you should have general knowledge of the subdivision and its teams. Especially if you plan to talk playoff football, its your damn job.

Jeff Culhane and especially Jeremy Jorgenson are very knowledgeable about the FCS. Chris Hanson is a fill in for Jeff Culhane so I give them a pass. I think Bison 1660 am does a good job covering the MVFC as well. Earlier this week they had a person from Youngstown State and SDSU on to talk about their games.

If there is a better FCS show then the Insiders on Bison 1660 am and better coverage guys than Dom Izzo and Jeff Kolpack and everything they do for NDSU and the FCS I would love to see it/read it.

Thumper do you need a hug:D

Dewey

Thumper 76
December 1st, 2016, 02:29 PM
THIS RIGHT here. Like you said I think Hanson is trying to be funny but sometimes isn't and the comments about attendance are very true.

Jeff Culhane is far better.

Dewey
When its someone who is an employee of the University, I don't think its a real good look for you to mock other programs attendance. And I'm not talking Culhane, I'm talking Jorgenson. If they interviewed a SDSU employee of his stature during or after a game on the radio and he calls out the other programs attendance, I would personally question his professionalism. I get that NDSU is plenty full of themselves so thats how it is, but don't complain when you get called out as arrogant as hell when your own radio show and university employees make public statements like that.

X-Factor
December 1st, 2016, 02:39 PM

You're know it's gonna be a fun week IF both teams take care of business Saturday xthumbsupx

X-Factor
December 1st, 2016, 02:57 PM
No ****!! Coming through the gate today here at Fort Knox, I had my YSU pullover on and the gate guard says; Hey is that a hockey team!? I said no it's a university in Youngstown Ohio that is DIV 1 just 53 scholarships opposed to 80. He comes back never heard of 1FCS or Youngstown State?? My son went to EKU and they play Kentucky in football xcrazyx If I had time I'd said DAMN son!!! YSU was in the OVC a few years back xcoolx

It is easy to see why the general public gets confused with FCS football whwn its own fans cant get it straight. FCS actually allows 63 scholarships and FBS teams can have 85.

ysubigred
December 1st, 2016, 03:08 PM
It is easy to see why the general public gets confused with FCS football whwn its own fans cant get it straight. FCS actually allows 63 scholarships and FBS teams can have 85.

Yeah yeah yeah some don't give any xdrunkyx Geeesh!!!

IBleedYellow
December 1st, 2016, 03:12 PM
https://media.giphy.com/media/145hX7QVWqyili/giphy.gif

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Yu3jjdF5pI0

Bisonoline
December 1st, 2016, 03:13 PM

Too bad your HWY dept didnt.

dewey
December 1st, 2016, 03:25 PM
https://media.giphy.com/media/145hX7QVWqyili/giphy.gif

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Yu3jjdF5pI0

http://www.anygivensaturday.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=23995&stc=1

Dewey

caribbeanhen
December 1st, 2016, 04:41 PM

my experiences have been very similar to this and way to often....

Bison Fan in NW MN
December 1st, 2016, 06:50 PM
So what if JJ criticizes the attendance figures of the 1st round games. It is the truth.

Culhane and JJ do a very good job at 1660 AM.

Laker
December 1st, 2016, 06:56 PM
So what if JJ criticizes the attendance figures of the 1st round games. It is the truth.

Culhane and JJ do a very good job at 1660 AM.

You mean there are still tickets available? :D

Bison Fan in NW MN
December 1st, 2016, 07:50 PM
You mean there are still tickets available? :D

Come on up....I think a few are left!

xthumbsupx

BisonFan02
December 1st, 2016, 08:11 PM
Come on up....I think a few are left!

xthumbsupx

I'm pretty sure I still have a pair open. Come on down!

Bisonoline
December 1st, 2016, 08:16 PM

Ive got 12 quarts of shrimp and crawfish gumbo........................

Laker
December 1st, 2016, 08:19 PM

Don't tempt me! I might actually show up!

BisonFan02
December 1st, 2016, 08:20 PM

See olines post........ :D

Bisonoline
December 1st, 2016, 08:23 PM

Youre invited to our tailgate. Commercial tent with heaters. And gumbo. Did I mention Gumbo?

BisonFan02
December 1st, 2016, 09:16 PM
Youre invited to our tailgate. Commercial tent with heaters. And gumbo. Did I mention Gumbo?

Laker is IN! :D We must drive a hard bargain. xlolx

Laker
December 1st, 2016, 09:21 PM

It
was a combination of the gumbo and telling me that I'd be sitting next to a beautiful blonde model that did the trick. See you guys on Sat. xthumbsupx

TheKingpin28
December 1st, 2016, 09:26 PM
Ive got 12 quarts of shrimp and crawfish gumbo........................

xholyx if only I did not have a shellfish allergy... That sounds amazing.

BisonFan02
December 1st, 2016, 09:28 PM
It
was a combination of the gumbo and telling me that I'd be sitting next to a beautiful blonde model that did the trick. See you guys on Sat. xthumbsupx

Get on that POD. The last spare ticket is open. :D xlolx

Bisonator
December 1st, 2016, 09:54 PM
When its someone who is an employee of the University, I don't think its a real good look for you to mock other programs attendance. And I'm not talking Culhane, I'm talking Jorgenson. If they interviewed a SDSU employee of his stature during or after a game on the radio and he calls out the other programs attendance, I would personally question his professionalism. I get that NDSU is plenty full of themselves so thats how it is, but don't complain when you get called out as arrogant as hell when your own radio show and university employees make public statements like that.

Tell me what station does SDSU have and I'll see how great their on air guys do.xcoffeex

BisonBacker
December 1st, 2016, 10:23 PM
Tell me what station does SDSU have and I'll see how great their on air guys do.xcoffeex

LOL BUUUURRRRRNNNNNNNN

POD Knows
December 1st, 2016, 10:30 PM
Get on that POD. The last spare ticket is open. :D xlolx

I could wear a wig I suppose

Gangtackle11
December 1st, 2016, 10:33 PM
It

Yep. His name is Thor. Have fun! xpeacex

TheKingpin28
December 1st, 2016, 10:39 PM

https://s-media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com/originals/54/94/6b/54946b9d3de636967c1229c43b7f0c87.gif

If you do that, that needs to be shared. Make it happen BF02.

BisonFan02
December 1st, 2016, 10:50 PM
https://s-media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com/originals/54/94/6b/54946b9d3de636967c1229c43b7f0c87.gif

If you do that, that needs to be shared. Make it happen BF02.

Take a picture of the POD at your own risk. xlolx

Speaking of, do you have a ticket yet?

- - - Updated - - -

Yep. His name is Thor. Have fun! xpeacex

It's probably more like Sven.....or Lars. xlolx

TheKingpin28
December 1st, 2016, 11:07 PM
Take a picture of the POD at your own risk. xlolx

Speaking of, do you have a ticket yet?

- - - Updated - - -

It's probably more like Sven.....or Lars. xlolx

I do not but I would have to look at my bank account. Heading to montana (big sky) next weekend for a wedding and got have some cash on hand. If its alright, I can let POD know if you are willing to hold the ticket until tomorrow around 3 or so tomorrow if thats alright.

Bisonoline
December 1st, 2016, 11:09 PM

No wig no gumbo. :D

bonarae
December 2nd, 2016, 12:14 AM
Kidding aside...

Will the Toreros prove that they're the Cinderella of the FCS, one that the Ivy champs could only dream of because of their Presidents' non-participation stance towards the Road to Frisco, or will NDSU continue their playoff dominance?

The D of the Toreros will be thoroughly tested here, for they played against weaker competition and they just got lucky with Cal Poly losing focus after the selection show ended.

If NDSU will not go to the red zone often or get caught by the underrated Toreros on D, it's game over for the Bison and the streak will end.

Also, Torero offense is quite unproven against full-scholarship defenses. As I have said earlier, Cal Poly had no focus in their playoff game this year. If they catch the Bison sleeping, watch out...

cx500d
December 2nd, 2016, 12:28 AM
You know, so many people on this board (not us, though) whine at playoff time because 6-5 ISUr or 6-5 WIU, etc., get into the playoffs. The root cause is because turd conferences like IVY, SWAC, etc., don't participate in the playoffs. IVY doesn't have a valid reason for sure. It would be nice if the NCAA laid down the law and said if a school/conference is sanctioned by the NCAA at a certain Division level, they are obligated to participate in championship tournaments in all sports they field should they qualify and be chosen.

Kidding aside...

Will the Toreros prove that they're the Cinderella of the FCS, one that the Ivy champs could only dream of because of their Presidents' non-participation stance towards the Road to Frisco, or will NDSU continue their playoff dominance?

The D of the Toreros will be thoroughly tested here, for they played against weaker competition and they just got lucky with Cal Poly losing focus after the selection show ended.

If NDSU will not go to the red zone often or get caught by the underrated Toreros on D, it's game over for the Bison and the streak will end.

Also, Torero offense is quite unproven against full-scholarship defenses. As I have said earlier, Cal Poly had no focus in their playoff game this year. If they catch the Bison sleeping, watch out...

Go...gate
December 2nd, 2016, 01:07 AM
I think Princeton or Pennsylvania could have won a game in the Tournament.

cx500d
December 2nd, 2016, 04:20 AM
Very possible. I think back a couple years to Harvard's "undefeated" season. What's the point of having an NCAA sanctioned sport and team if you don't participate in tournaments? They do in every other sport. Most colleges and universities field club teams if they want to sponsor a sport and not compete at the NCAA level with all that entails (i.e. playing outside your normal area and taking part in national tournaments).

I think Princeton or Pennsylvania could have won a game in the Tournament.

Thumper 76
December 2nd, 2016, 06:27 AM

No station, plenty of segments scattered around, our own tv show, but no daily show. That obviously justifies your guys being dickbags. I never said they did a bad job, I said they come off as arrogant pricks. Also note I wasn't talking about Culhane, but his substitute Hansen. So yeah, there's that.

dewey
December 2nd, 2016, 06:54 AM
It

Laker if you want to ride along with me I am leaving Crystal at 830 or so tomorrow morning and then heading back after the game.

Pm me if you are interested. If not have a great time.

Dewey

Professor Chaos
December 2nd, 2016, 07:46 AM
No station, plenty of segments scattered around, our own tv show, but no daily show. That obviously justifies your guys being dickbags. I never said they did a bad job, I said they come off as arrogant pricks. Also note I wasn't talking about Culhane, but his substitute Hansen. So yeah, there's that.

I agree with you on Jorgensen. Even as a Bison fan he comes off as a blinded homer to me at times. I don't like how he acts like he's "plugged in" to the FCS landscape when he throws out some pretty ridiculous opinions. Honestly, he would get torched if he posted some of the same national takes on here that he spouts about on air.

Jeff is excellent though IMO, it just seems like he has to agree with some of the junk that Jeremy throws out there when it would be nice to see him, or anyone, play devil's advocate.

Bison Fan in NW MN
December 2nd, 2016, 07:53 AM
I agree with you on Jorgensen. Even as a Bison fan he comes off as a blinded homer to me at times. I don't like how he acts like he's "plugged in" to the FCS landscape when he throws out some pretty ridiculous opinions. Honestly, he would get torched if he posted some of the same national takes on here that he spouts about on air.

Jeff is excellent though IMO, it just seems like he has to agree with some of the junk that Jeremy throws out there when it would be nice to see him, or anyone, play devil's advocate.

IMO, they are a good team. Is JJ a homer at times? Probably, but he still does a good job IMO.

What has he specifically said that is 'ridiculous'?

Thumper 76
December 2nd, 2016, 07:57 AM

Jeff is really good, and overall I like the show just cause I love FCS football and they do a pretty good job covering it. I'm at the point as an SDSU fan I just roll my eyes at JJ. When the week before the Marker game you are talking about teams on your radar for your top ten and he includes Portland St but refuse to mention SDSU, well, that about tells you how "plugged in" he is. It's not the SDSU stuff that bothers me I expect that sort of stuff being your rivals, it's more when he talks down on programs like WIU and others that for some reason bugs the hell out of me. I think Culhane is a great get for you guys as well as having a daily radio show for yourselves. Personally I think it would do wonders for attendance and interest at SDSU to get a show on one of the Sioux Falls stations, but I doubt that happens.

Professor Chaos
December 2nd, 2016, 08:03 AM
IMO, they are a good team. Is JJ a homer at times? Probably, but he still does a good job IMO.

It's been ongoing throughout the season, especially when he starts talking about national FCS topics, but off the top of my head I recall several examples from the Monday show after selection day.

He blasted the selection committee on a few things with arguments that contradicted themselves. He said that NC A&T had no business in the playoffs since they played so such a weak schedule but then he said SELA should've been in (cuz apparently they played such a strong schedule that 7-4 was good enough for them xrolleyesx). Then he talked about how SDSU should've been seeded ahead of UND because their SOS and quality wins outweighed their questionable losses but he goes on to say that Samford shouldn't have been in the playoffs because of their bad losses (saying nothing about their quality wins).

Then of course he went on to the generic Bison homer gripe that the committee stacked the bracket against NDSU and that EWU has such an easier route blah blah. They could've put SDSU on the other side from NDSU blah blah. It's like he doesn't even realize that they just voted and the consensus vote made the top 8. I still contend that the committee doesn't have nearly the organization to "stack the seeds" according to an agenda when that is their method.

It just gets tiring and I think many listeners think he actually knows what he's talking about when it comes to national topics so it breeds ignorance towards the rest of the FCS amongst the Bison fan base.

EDIT: And he also couldn't get over the fact that he thought that the selection committee chair said NC A&T got into the playoffs because of what they bid for a home game when they weren't even hosting their first round game. Jeff commented how they weren't hosting and Jeremy said something like "well, if they go on a run and make the quarters or semis and face an unseeded team they may host". Wait, I thought they were talking about an NC A&T team that had no business in the playoffs, not one that can go on a run to the quarters or deeper?

Laker
December 2nd, 2016, 08:09 AM
Laker if you want to ride along with me I am leaving Crystal at 830 or so tomorrow morning and then heading back after the game.

Dewey

That would be great. You guys are too much. First a ticket offer, then a gumbo offer, then a ride. My hat is off to you.

By the way- which hat should I wear tomorrow? The green NDSU one? The yellow NDSU one? Or the yellow Laker one for identification purposes?

Thumper 76
December 2nd, 2016, 08:25 AM

Just off the top of my head, looking at Portland st as a possible top ten team mid October if they started winning, saying that it isn't debatable that NDSU is the number one seed when the first rankings were announced in a year with all of the seasons other teams had and not even recognizing any sort of debate about it, those are off the top of my head haven't listened to a full show in a while.

Look they do a great job, and I do enjoy listening to them. I just get annoyed when a FCS radio show treats another FCS playoff team like Colin Cowherd talks about FCS teams playing a FBS team. And it wasn't the normal guys, it was the guys substituting for Culhane. Yes, the Bison should kill them. I guess I just have a higher standard for those guys in general, cause I can't even listen to a minute of Paul Allen do his radio show cause he drives me nuts. That and like I said earlier, I'm likely just extra salty towards NDSU cause it's the playoffs.

Bisonator
December 2nd, 2016, 08:29 AM
I've never been a big fan of Jorgensen either. He comes off as a pompous know it all at times. Also his media rights debacle after the fact was a huge egg in face moment for NDSU. Really hope he learned a lesson from that episode. Still he has done a great job moving NDSU's product broadcasts to another level while at NDSU so he's doing something right.

IBleedYellow
December 2nd, 2016, 08:44 AM

Dewey

Wait, am I going to get to meet Dewey and Laker @ The Original Horny Bison Tailgate Crew this weekend?

Day. Made.

Laker
December 2nd, 2016, 09:07 AM
Wait, am I going to get to meet Dewey and Laker @ The Original Horn Bison Tailgate Crew this weekend?

Day. Made.

I haven't been this excited to meet celebrities since I shook hands with Bobby Knight.

IBleedYellow
December 2nd, 2016, 09:23 AM
Horny*

But I just visit....my home base is a few spots South of TOHBTC!

deez_na
December 2nd, 2016, 09:28 AM
Ok guys, I'm making it down to the game tomorrow. Who is feeding me when I show up at the tailgating? xpopcornxI haven't made a game this year. Been gone too much and have had to watch most of them on TV.

dewey
December 2nd, 2016, 09:28 AM
Wait, am I going to get to meet Dewey and Laker @ The Original Horny Bison Tailgate Crew this weekend?

Day. Made.

Don't forget the picture with POD:D

I am excited to meet a few of you fellow Bison fans. I meet Bisonoline a few years ago in Frisco...that was some good gumbo.

That would be great. You guys are too much. First a ticket offer, then a gumbo offer, then a ride. My hat is off to you.

By the way- which hat should I wear tomorrow? The green NDSU one? The yellow NDSU one? Or the yellow Laker one for identification purposes?

Yellow hat Laker. If you need a yellow shirt let me know. I have more than enough of them.

Thumper are you going to the NDSU game tomorrow or are you going to Brookings?

It could be a great list of AGS mindsxdrunkyx
Laker
Ibleedyellow
Dewey
Bisonoline
POD Knows
Bisonbacker
BisonfaninNWMN???
Professor Chaos?
Bison56?
The Kingpin?
Thumper76
Bisonfan02

Dewey

TheKingpin28
December 2nd, 2016, 09:42 AM

I am excited to meet a few of you fellow Bison fans. I meet Bisonoline a few years ago in Frisco...that was some good gumbo.

Yellow hat Laker. If you need a yellow shirt let me know. I have more than enough of them.

Laker
Ibleedyellow
Dewey
Bisonoline
???

Dewey

iirc he has a wedding otherwise he would be in brookings.

Bison56
December 2nd, 2016, 09:47 AM

http://i1.kym-cdn.com/entries/icons/facebook/000/011/848/cold.jpg (http://www.google.com/url?sa=i&rct=j&q=&esrc=s&source=images&cd=&cad=rja&uact=8&ved=0ahUKEwi1z-jK7dXQAhWBPiYKHZBZD18QjRwIBw&url=http%3A%2F%2Fknowyourmeme.com%2Fmemes%2Fapply-cold-water-to-that-burn&psig=AFQjCNEAQiN3W9dP28f3u2YqAKnkSUVlXw&ust=1480780010904183)

POD Knows
December 2nd, 2016, 09:52 AM

Laker
Ibleedyellow
Dewey
Bisonoline
???

Dewey

LOL, I don't have my photograph taken, my goal is that when I skip the county or have to run from Johnny Law, the photograph that they use on TV is my high school graduation picture.

Bisonoline
December 2nd, 2016, 09:56 AM
Ok guys, I'm making it down to the game tomorrow. Who is feeding me when I show up at the tailgating? xpopcornxI haven't made a game this year. Been gone too much and have had to watch most of them on TV.

South part of tailgate lot. Rows D&E (west from the dome)spots 19-25. White commercial tent and Yellow trailer that says NEXT on the bottom of the rear tailgate.

http://i145.photobucket.com/albums/r202/plnwtf/WP952014082295001.jpg (http://s145.photobucket.com/user/plnwtf/media/WP952014082295001.jpg.html)

BisonBacker
December 2nd, 2016, 09:58 AM
South part of tailgate lot. Rows D&E (west from the dome)spots 19-25. White commercial tent and Yellow trailer that says NEXT on the bottom of the rear tailgate.

I was just going to message you to find out where the hell you are :D Hope to get there before the gumbo is gone.

BisonBacker
December 2nd, 2016, 10:00 AM

Laker
Ibleedyellow
Dewey
Bisonoline
???

Dewey

I'm planning on stopping by. Are you over at Bisonoline's tailgate spot?

deez_na
December 2nd, 2016, 10:07 AM

http://i145.photobucket.com/albums/r202/plnwtf/WP952014082295001.jpg (http://s145.photobucket.com/user/plnwtf/media/WP952014082295001.jpg.html)
Awesome, I was just messing around about someone feeding me but I'm gonna have to work my way over there. Can't wait. Go Bison!

Thumper 76
December 2nd, 2016, 10:09 AM
iirc he has a wedding otherwise he would be in brookings.
That was the plan, some work issues have come up. Not works fault, more the states fault. Anyways, I'm stuck in Fargo this weekend so I might end up swinging by there.

BisonFan02
December 2nd, 2016, 10:11 AM

Laker
Ibleedyellow
Dewey
Bisonoline
The POD
Bisonbacker
BisonfaninNWMN???
Professor Chaos?
Bison56?
The Kingpin?

Dewey

Chopped liver......... xlolx

BisonFan02
December 2nd, 2016, 10:12 AM
That was the plan, some work issues have come up. Not works fault, more the states fault. Anyways, I'm stuck in Fargo this weekend so I might end up swinging by there.

Need a ticket? :D

dewey
December 2nd, 2016, 10:14 AM
Chopped liver......... xlolx

YES!:D

Dewey

Thumper 76
December 2nd, 2016, 10:14 AM

Laker
Ibleedyellow
Dewey
Bisonoline
The POD
Bisonbacker
BisonfaninNWMN???
Professor Chaos?
Bison56?
The Kingpin?

Dewey
Yeah, I'll likely be around. I was supposed to be at a cousins wedding, but that isn't working out, which was OK by me. Unfortunately the cause of it not working out its keeping me in Fargo, so I can't go to the Jacks game either, which I'm not happy about. So I will likely be around to harass you guys xlolx

dewey
December 2nd, 2016, 10:15 AM
Yeah, I'll likely be around. I was supposed to be at a cousins wedding, but that isn't working out, which was OK by me. Unfortunately the cause of it not working out its keeping me in Fargo, so I can't go to the Jacks game either, which I'm not happy about. So I will likely be around to harass you guys xlolx

Remember I offered you a hug yesterday and if you want one tomorrow just let me know:D

Dewey

BisonFan02
December 2nd, 2016, 10:15 AM
YES!:D

Dewey

Fair enough. xlolx

TheKingpin28
December 2nd, 2016, 10:16 AM
Yeah, I'll likely be around. I was supposed to be at a cousins wedding, but that isn't working out, which was OK by me. Unfortunately the cause of it not working out its keeping me in Fargo, so I can't go to the Jacks game either, which I'm not happy about. So I will likely be around to BE harassed by you guys xlolx

If you want to use my guest spot, you are more than welcome so you do not have to find a spot to park. Otherwise, Dewey, if you dont want to pay to park, I have a "guest spot" (in front of a shed) but its only a 2.5 block walk and then you dont have to pay to park.

dewey
December 2nd, 2016, 10:17 AM
I'm planning on stopping by. Are you over at Bisonoline's tailgate spot?

Sounds good to me. I will be there.

Dewey

Thumper 76
December 2nd, 2016, 10:23 AM
Remember I offered you a hug yesterday and if you want one tomorrow just let me know:D

Dewey
xlolx be careful what you wish for

If you want to use my guest spot, you are more than welcome so you do not have to find a spot to park. Otherwise, Dewey, if you dont want to pay to park, I have a "guest spot" (in front of a shed) but its only a 2.5 block walk and then you dont have to pay to park.
I'm good, I've found a lot that is closer (feels like it anyways lol) that I'll use.

BisonFan02
December 2nd, 2016, 10:27 AM
xlolx be careful what you wish for

I'm good, I've found a lot that is closer (feels like it anyways lol) that I'll use.

http://www.sharegif.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/05/10-Fear-and-Loathing-in-Las-Vegas-quotes.gif

http://i.imgur.com/WAmYkBR.gif

Southern Bison
December 2nd, 2016, 10:31 AM
Didn't happen per AGS bylaws without photographic evidence...

It

POD Knows
December 2nd, 2016, 11:02 AM

Laker
Ibleedyellow
Dewey
Bisonoline
The POD
Bisonbacker
BisonfaninNWMN???
Professor Chaos?
Bison56?
The Kingpin?
Thumper76
Bisonfan02

Dewey

The POD, won't be there, he is an imposter, POD Knows, will be in the area.

dewey
December 2nd, 2016, 11:19 AM
The POD, won't be there, he is an imposter, POD Knows, will be in the area.

I got confused in my POD's. POD Knows is significantly better.

Dewey

Bison56
December 2nd, 2016, 11:31 AM

Laker
Ibleedyellow
Dewey
Bisonoline
POD Knows
Bisonbacker
BisonfaninNWMN???
Professor Chaos?
Bison56?
The Kingpin?
Thumper76
Bisonfan02

Dewey

Honored to be mentioned in the same post as these great AGS minds.

F'N Hawks
December 2nd, 2016, 11:47 AM
The betting public hates North Dakota teams this week. The NDSU line has dropped to 17.5. The UND line has shifted to Richmond -3.

xconfusedx

dewey
December 2nd, 2016, 11:51 AM
The betting public hates North Dakota teams this week. The NDSU line has dropped to 17.5. The UND line has shifted to Richmond -3.

xconfusedx

I would take NDSU to cover a 17.5 point spread.

Dewey

- - - Updated - - -

Honored to be mentioned in the same post as these great AGS minds.

I said great list of AGS minds not a list of great AGS minds. If it was a list of great AGS minds I would make sure not to show up.:D

Dewey

Thumper 76
December 2nd, 2016, 12:07 PM
http://www.sharegif.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/05/10-Fear-and-Loathing-in-Las-Vegas-quotes.gif

http://i.imgur.com/WAmYkBR.gif

I don't see anything wrong with his parking....

- - - Updated - - -

I said great list of AGS minds not a list of great AGS minds. If it was a list of great AGS minds I would make sure not to show up.:D

Dewey

The fact that we read it as a list of great AGS minds is pretty good reasoning as to why its written the other way xlolx

Schism55
December 2nd, 2016, 12:10 PM

xconfusedx
The betting public are overwhelmingly window lickers, so both ND teams should feel good about the shift xdrunkyx

dewey
December 2nd, 2016, 01:25 PM
1 day until playoffs return to Gate City Bank Field!

#1 great NCAA moment in Dome: 4th and Frisco, Jensen TD!

http://www.anygivensaturday.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=23998&stc=1

Dewey

X-Factor
December 2nd, 2016, 01:26 PM
It's been ongoing throughout the season, especially when he starts talking about national FCS topics, but off the top of my head I recall several examples from the Monday show after selection day.

He blasted the selection committee on a few things with arguments that contradicted themselves. He said that NC A&T had no business in the playoffs since they played so such a weak schedule but then he said SELA should've been in (cuz apparently they played such a strong schedule that 7-4 was good enough for them xrolleyesx). Then he talked about how SDSU should've been seeded ahead of UND because their SOS and quality wins outweighed their questionable losses but he goes on to say that Samford shouldn't have been in the playoffs because of their bad losses (saying nothing about their quality wins).

Then of course he went on to the generic Bison homer gripe that the committee stacked the bracket against NDSU and that EWU has such an easier route blah blah. They could've put SDSU on the other side from NDSU blah blah. It's like he doesn't even realize that they just voted and the consensus vote made the top 8. I still contend that the committee doesn't have nearly the organization to "stack the seeds" according to an agenda when that is their method.

It just gets tiring and I think many listeners think he actually knows what he's talking about when it comes to national topics so it breeds ignorance towards the rest of the FCS amongst the Bison fan base.

EDIT: And he also couldn't get over the fact that he thought that the selection committee chair said NC A&T got into the playoffs because of what they bid for a home game when they weren't even hosting their first round game. Jeff commented how they weren't hosting and Jeremy said something like "well, if they go on a run and make the quarters or semis and face an unseeded team they may host". Wait, I thought they were talking about an NC A&T team that had no business in the playoffs, not one that can go on a run to the quarters or deeper?

Good points. Now I can better appreciate what Thumper has been saying. Still, I think the crew does a heck of a job so I can't complain too much. No other FCS program comes even close to this kind of coverage, not even remotely close. Maybe JJ needs to be mindfull of having a filter so he doesn't piss certain poeple off, like the FCS chair for starters...