PDA

View Full Version : Richmond-UND

Pages : [1] 2

Matt
November 26th, 2016, 07:00 PM
Is it too early to start this? No.
Spiders travel to Grand Forks next week for a Round of 16 game. UND fans, not surprisingly i don't know much about your team. Who should Spider fans be reading up on? For you, it's linemen Winston Craig and Thomas Evans, RB Deontez Thompson, LB Omar Howard, and WR Brian Brown. Our QB is Kevin Johnson, who started his first ever game today and threw for 315 and a TD and ran for another. We have one of the top pass defenses in the country. Our biggest weakness is special teams.

Also, random question: on the postgame radio shot today, our guys were saying they were "hoping" to play indoors next week. Was that just a weird dumb joke? I thought you played in a convention center/dome thingy... Retractable roof?

aces1180
November 26th, 2016, 07:02 PM
Spiders travel to Grand Forks next week for a Round of 16 game. UND fans, not surprisingly i don't know much about your team. Who should Spider fans be reading up on? For you, it's linemen Winston Craig and Thomas Evans, RB Deontez Thompson, LB Omar Howard, and WR Brian Brown. Our QB is Kevin Johnson, who started his first ever game today and threw for 315 and a TD and ran for another. We have one of the top pass defenses in the country. Our biggest weakness is special teams.

Also, random question: on the postgame radio shot today, our guys were saying they were "hoping" to play indoors next week. Was that just a weird dumb joke? I thought you played in a convention center/dome thingy... Retractable roof?

The Alerus Center is an indoor facility...No end zone seats except some standing room only spots on a cat walk. Early indication is that you will likely play in front of maybe 2/3 capacity, which is about 13,000....It will be much quieter than your game in Fargo last year.

BigHouseClosedEnd
November 26th, 2016, 07:03 PM
Our special teams turned the corner today. Legg has got this thing figured out.

Matt
November 26th, 2016, 07:07 PM
Our special teams turned the corner today. Legg has got this thing figured out.

I mean, for the most part our ST is actually very good. Trau is great, Helkowski is great, and Brisset is great. It's just kickoff coverage that is so so bad. NCAT started multiple drives past the 30 today. A couple beyond the 40.

spdram
November 26th, 2016, 07:07 PM
Big House don't get ahead of yourself, one game is not a turnaround

BigHouseClosedEnd
November 26th, 2016, 07:09 PM
Legg is a frontrunner for the Delaware HC job after today.

spdram
November 26th, 2016, 07:10 PM
I would say KO coverage and return both struggle. Today was one of our better performances, but we also played more starters than normal.

Two domes we have had experience with No Iowa and NDSU, how does your's compare to each? Set up crowds etc

taper
November 26th, 2016, 07:26 PM
Layout is more like the UNI Dome than the Fargodome. No bad seats or obstructed views. Don't expect a lot of crowd noise. Unfortunate schedule, another game 70 miles south in Fargo and a big hockey game on tv at the same time. Half full seats may be generous. If you kick a field goal without the nets up it leaves a big dent in the wall.

Matt
November 26th, 2016, 07:27 PM
Still hoping for some insight on the UND team...

F'N Hawks
November 26th, 2016, 07:32 PM
Bison fans: leave. You haven't been in the Alerus Center in 13 years. It gets very loud in there. There have been a bunch of false starts this year due to noise.

Not sure how many people will be there but it gets loud with anything over 8,000.

caribbeanhen
November 26th, 2016, 07:33 PM
Still hoping for some insight on the UND team...

they lifted a lot of weights this offseason and will smash people.... haha

F'N Hawks
November 26th, 2016, 07:35 PM
they lifted a lot of weights this offseason and will smash people.... haha

Already have smashed people. Duh.

caribbeanhen
November 26th, 2016, 07:37 PM

nice insight

Matt
November 26th, 2016, 07:37 PM

you guys seem...different than the NDSU fans who were so nice to us last year.

NDSUtk
November 26th, 2016, 07:38 PM

Lots of good tickets left. If you're heading there, grab some in the first row and enjoy it!!

http://www.ticketmaster.com/university-of-north-dakota-football-grand-forks-north-dakota-12-03-2016/event/06005174D5A02EFB?artistid=837921&majorcatid=10004&minorcatid=8&tm_link=artist_msg-0_06005174D5A02EFB

BigHouseClosedEnd
November 26th, 2016, 07:38 PM
There have been a bunch of false starts this year due to noise.

Well, ****.

caribbeanhen
November 26th, 2016, 07:39 PM

they've never been here before right?

F'N Hawks
November 26th, 2016, 07:39 PM

Dude, it's a joke playing on the weights/smash thing.

- - - Updated - - -

Will stop trying to be funny, not good at it I guess.

F'N Hawks
November 26th, 2016, 07:40 PM
If you need insight on UND, the Bison fans can fill you in.

Matt
November 26th, 2016, 07:41 PM
they've never been here before right?

never been to grand forks. weve played in the north a few times so semi-familiar with the style of play. Guys on this team played Ill St and NDSU last year, of course.

centennial
November 26th, 2016, 07:42 PM
Well, ****.

Not sure if joking. Loud with 8k fans?

Bison56
November 26th, 2016, 07:42 PM
UND fans are very sensitive.

taper
November 26th, 2016, 07:43 PM
My biggest advice to your coaches: if you get a 3 score lead DO NOT let off the gas. UND is better than your second string and has had several unlikely comebacks this year.

F'N Hawks
November 26th, 2016, 07:45 PM
My biggest advice to your coaches: if you get a 3 score lead DO NOT let off the gas. UND is better than your second string and has had several unlikely comebacks this year.

Sage advice. There you go, Matt.

caribbeanhen
November 26th, 2016, 07:49 PM
It will be interesting too see if the Bison fans pile on with all the Spider fans and CAA fans that will be taking shots at NoDak this week....

centennial
November 26th, 2016, 07:50 PM
I know a UND fan who claims Richmond will be easy to beat since they looked bad in the Fargodome. Lolwut..

aces1180
November 26th, 2016, 07:51 PM
It will be interesting too see if the Bison fans pile on with all the Spider fans and CAA fans that will be taking shots at NoDak this week....

Of course we will! Same way UND fans cheer against us whenever they can.

Just too bad they have been disappointed for 5 years straight.

F'N Hawks
November 26th, 2016, 07:51 PM

Did the first three pages give you a hint?

caribbeanhen
November 26th, 2016, 07:54 PM
Did the first three pages give you a hint?

No, it was more like the last 5 years

F'N Hawks
November 26th, 2016, 07:57 PM
No, it was more like the last 5 years

Haha. Will write about UND when is get a chance. Going to be a great game. 50/50 IMO.

Matt
November 26th, 2016, 07:59 PM
Not sure if joking. Loud with 8k fans?

Dont be silly. We never get 8k

coldspot
November 26th, 2016, 08:28 PM
Bison fans: leave. You haven't been in the Alerus Center in 13 years. It gets very loud in there. There have been a bunch of false starts this year due to noise.

Not sure how many people will be there but it gets loud with anything over 8,000.
I was at the Weber State game in the TinShed. Loud is a drastic overstatement. At no point in that game was it loud enough to have an impact on what was happening on the field.

If only empty seats could make noise...

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

BigHouseClosedEnd
November 26th, 2016, 08:33 PM
So it may or not be loud. Cool.

So are they good at American football?

centennial
November 26th, 2016, 08:34 PM

They work out a lot.

BisonFan02
November 26th, 2016, 08:35 PM

They're better at hockey.

Honestly though.....it is a defensive team that I have questions about due to their schedule. Good team....but I'm not sold beyond that....not yet anyway in the Bubba era.

F'N Hawks
November 26th, 2016, 08:37 PM
Getting all this, Richmond fans? Abundance of insight about the team.

Bisonator
November 26th, 2016, 08:41 PM
You're doing a great job representing your team and fan base. Keep up the good work.xthumbsupx

BisonFan02
November 26th, 2016, 08:42 PM

Then contribute you insufferable puke. xlolx

F'N Hawks
November 26th, 2016, 08:42 PM
You're doing a great job representing your team and fan base. Keep up the good work.xthumbsupx
As are you guys. Keep up the reputation.

centennial
November 26th, 2016, 08:43 PM
We are commenting because you are throwing a temper tantrum. Anyway I think it will be an interesting game. Richmond's new QB looks good enough to give UND trouble. I have UND losing this one close.

Richmond 28
UND 24

BigHouseClosedEnd
November 26th, 2016, 08:45 PM
Is their offense a typical Big Sky spread?

BisonFan02
November 26th, 2016, 08:46 PM

No. Alot more balanced and run the ball. Bubba is more of a MVFC style guy.

Bisonator
November 26th, 2016, 08:46 PM
No they try to run the ball. They are a poor man's NDSU.;)

BigHouseClosedEnd
November 26th, 2016, 08:49 PM
FWIW, I am loving this Sioux scouting report from Bison fans.

BisonFan02
November 26th, 2016, 08:50 PM
FWIW, I am loving this Sioux scouting report from Bison fans.

Good chance you will get better football info....not a lot of "puckheads" that follow UND football in comparison....especially on here. xlolx

BigHouseClosedEnd
November 26th, 2016, 08:53 PM
Would it be fair to say Cal Poly was the Sioux's best win?

F'N Hawks
November 26th, 2016, 08:55 PM
When they were actually playing good and healthy, yes. They are a shell of their earlier self.

Bison56
November 26th, 2016, 08:55 PM
Who are the Sioux?

BisonFan02
November 26th, 2016, 08:56 PM

Probably.

F'N Hawks
November 26th, 2016, 09:15 PM
No they try to run the ball. They are a poor man's NDSU.;)

This.

UND only throws probably 15-20 times per game if things are going well up front. Pro-style offense with fullback and tight ends. Want to run the ball and take time off clock. Slow pace and huddle every play.

Matt
November 26th, 2016, 09:27 PM
This.

UND only throws probably 15-20 times per game if things are going well up front. Pro-style offense with fullback and tight ends. Want to run the ball and take time off clock. Slow pace and huddle every play.

this makes me feel kinda confident. We have mostly contained every running back this year. Most of the guys who dominated Coprich last year are still here.

70MilesFromCanada
November 26th, 2016, 09:29 PM
Big question is what did three weeks off do?
Build up rust or heal some nagging injuries?

UNHWildcat18
November 26th, 2016, 09:57 PM
I think a healthy Richmond team pounds UND into the dirt. Even with the Injuries, if UND wins, it wont be by much.
Big Sky has had an awful showing today.

CommishBigSmooth
November 26th, 2016, 10:07 PM

Careful using the old moniker. Bit of a sensitive subject with them.

Before tonight, I would have said it was their best win. After tonight, I'd say Weber, but judging by what they did today....

In summary, they beat no one else of much consequence. Blew out a few teams they should have blown out, struggled in a few games they shouldn't have. It's not pretty football there up in the Forks, but they had the right schedule this year.

ur2k
November 26th, 2016, 10:14 PM
This week should be fun, great when other fans do the dirty work

geaux_sioux
November 26th, 2016, 10:19 PM
Richmond fans, can you please explain what the hell happened against Stony Brook earlier this season? Was it injuries or just an off game or what?

I'll post about UND tomorrow.

Matt
November 26th, 2016, 10:29 PM
off game. total letdown. did everything wrong. gave up special teams plays. at one point threw picks on three straight drive.
Richmond fans, can you please explain what the hell happened against Stony Brook earlier this season? Was it injuries or just an off game or what?

POD Knows
November 26th, 2016, 10:53 PM

University of South Dakota Coyotes was their best win.

PantherRob82
November 26th, 2016, 10:55 PM
I picked UND by 1. Currently second guessing myself.

32counter
November 26th, 2016, 11:16 PM

To be quite honest,we didn't show up.We were flat from the outset.Even in warmups.Was there with a contingency from nearby CT and we all commented that our Spiders appeared overly relaxed almost nonchalant and overconfident.
Believe that we had been reading and believing our own headlines after our recent thrashing of UVA in Week 1.SBU use of jet sweeps and RB cutbacks made us look like an aimless Long Island JV HS team.

MacThor
November 26th, 2016, 11:21 PM

Believe it or not, we had more total yards than Stony Brook. Lots of turnovers exhausted our D in the second half and they couldn't get off the field. We appeared to have swung the momentum back, down 7 at halftime, and they ran back the 2nd half kickoff. A pick on the next drive, and the wheels came off.

Should be a great game between the 7 seed and the presumptive 7 seed going into last weekend.

JALMOND
November 27th, 2016, 12:03 AM

Don't know if everyone is being funny or being serious, but as for North Dakota's football team, it may depend on how healthy they are after two weeks (I'd say they needed the two weeks off as they were pretty banged up at the end of the year). UND likes to run the ball, but they will throw it on occasion, but not usually on the same level as other Big Sky teams. Studsrud is accurate and a good thrower, but he was one of the walking wounded at the end of the season. Santiago is an excellent runner, small but quick, so he does need to be accounted for. Their defense is their strong suit, but they were also beset by injuries all year so it is hard to predict if the two weeks off gave that side of the ball enough time to heal. They do play indoors so the weather and the wind will not be a factor. It sounds like both teams had surprising losses to Stony Brook along the way this season, so that probably won't mean much. North Dakota has not lost since week 2 against FBS Bowling Green. A lot of their wins have not been real pretty, but they do play hard until the end, and you only need to win to advance.

deez_na
November 27th, 2016, 12:35 AM

Not that loud. I've been to games recently and it's nothing close to a bison game. It's better than your past games though.

Scooter
November 27th, 2016, 12:52 AM
Cal Poly's stud running back did not play against UND. They had a perfect schedule this season and pulled out some games they shouldn't have. However, they never give up which is why they earned the 7 seed. UND sellls out vs the run and like to bring pressure from every position. To beat UND win the line of scrimmage and don't throw a pick six with a 7 point lead with less than four minutes to play. That is all.

Go Bison.

BigHouseClosedEnd
November 27th, 2016, 05:46 AM
The games were a long time ago but I would think the common opponent SBU would benefit us. Priori and Rocco are close.

F'N Hawks
November 27th, 2016, 06:13 AM
Cal Poly's stud running back did not play against UND. They had a perfect schedule this season and pulled out some games they shouldn't have. However, they never give up which is why they earned the 7 seed. UND sellls out vs the run and like to bring pressure from every position. To beat UND win the line of scrimmage and don't throw a pick six with a 7 point lead with less than four minutes to play. That is all.

Go Bison.

UND doesn't bring near the pressure people think they do. Need to watch. They only bring 4-5 guys at the most. Very rarely will they bring 6.

They twist/stunt alot up front with their 3 defensive lineman creating the illusion of people coming from all over. The 4th guy is an OLB and 5th is an ILB.

F'N Hawks
November 27th, 2016, 06:22 AM
The games were a long time ago but I would think the common opponent SBU would benefit us. Priori and Rocco are close.

Doubt Chuck is going to offer much other than general thoughts. Game was Week 1. I would think the 11 game tapes would be much more beneficial. UND could barely complete a pass in that game. Fugly game for both sides.

70MilesFromCanada
November 27th, 2016, 06:48 AM
Don't know if everyone is being funny or being serious, but as for North Dakota's football team, it may depend on how healthy they are after two weeks (I'd say they needed the two weeks off as they were pretty banged up at the end of the year). UND likes to run the ball, but they will throw it on occasion, but not usually on the same level as other Big Sky teams. Studsrud is accurate and a good thrower, but he was one of the walking wounded at the end of the season. Santiago is an excellent runner, small but quick, so he does need to be accounted for. Their defense is their strong suit, but they were also beset by injuries all year so it is hard to predict if the two weeks off gave that side of the ball enough time to heal. They do play indoors so the weather and the wind will not be a factor. It sounds like both teams had surprising losses to Stony Brook along the way this season, so that probably won't mean much. North Dakota has not lost since week 2 against FBS Bowling Green. A lot of their wins have not been real pretty, but they do play hard until the end, and you only need to win to advance.

Actually, UND has 3 weeks between their last regular season game and Richmond ( due to regular season ending bye and first round playoff bye).

Bison Fan in NW MN
November 27th, 2016, 07:19 AM
UND runs a similar offensive scheme to NDSU. Run first and play action pass. Pro set with a huddle.

UND's defense is their strength.

A healthy Richmond team would probably win this but UND is tough at home and they have a good defense. IMO, UND wins this one.

F'N Hawks
November 27th, 2016, 07:38 AM
UND runs a similar offensive scheme to NDSU. Run first and play action pass. Pro set with a huddle.

UND's defense is their strength.

A healthy Richmond team would probably win this but UND is tough at home and they have a good defense. IMO, UND wins this one.

Solid thoughts. Would agree with all of it. High-end WR groups give them the most trouble. Nobody has ran on UND all year but some teams have hit multiple TD passes per game.

This could be a low scoring, grind it out game.

RootinFerDukes
November 27th, 2016, 07:44 AM
Be careful Spiders. If you run the score up on UND, it's going to make F'N Hawks really angry.

F'N Hawks
November 27th, 2016, 07:47 AM
Be careful Spiders. If you run the score up on UND, it's going to make F'N Hawks really angry.

Definitely something to watch for Saturday.

Will be surprised if either team gets to 28, however.

Bison Fan in NW MN
November 27th, 2016, 07:50 AM
Solid thoughts. Would agree with all of it. High-end WR groups give them the most trouble. Nobody has ran on UND all year but some teams have hit multiple TD passes per game.

This could be a low scoring, grind it out game.

UND fans will get a lot of "****" on here because, well, they are UND fans...:D...esp from us Bison guys.

UND has a solid defense. Anyone poo pooing it over them not playing a "tough" schedule has not watched them play.

The 3 weeks rest will help heal up guys like NDSU's 2 week break. Probably be some rust but with Richmond being banged up also and playing at home, IMO, UND wins this.

Now , if Richmond can slow up Santiago/Oliveira then they have a real solid chance of winning. If Studsrud is still banged up then it might be a long day for UND.

UND 31-27

F'N Hawks
November 27th, 2016, 08:13 AM
Richmond guys: do the Spiders play man to man all game with their corners or are they a zone team that mixes in man to man?

Big Sky teams almost exclusively play man on the corners. UND's defense was one of the very few that didn't. But it gave UNDs freshmen WRs trouble at times as they couldn't get open.

BigHouseClosedEnd
November 27th, 2016, 08:18 AM
We mix man and zone. Fairly even distribution from my view.

UNDColorado
November 27th, 2016, 09:11 AM
Richmond Fans: What did you think of NC A&T?

I watched the game yesterday and while there is no doubt you have a solid team, I just couldn't get a read on your opponent.

In regard to our game I believe this to be a 50/50 type of game. UND had 3 OL not play in the finale against NAU. QB Studsrud could barely lift his arm due to shoulder injury, and multiple other nagging injuries all over the place. Typically I wouldn't want three weeks off but UND absolutely needed it to heal up as they were dropping like flies over the last three weeks of the season. Playing 11 straight weeks is not ideal but somehow they gutted through it.

UND strong suit is defense and the run game. Much like NDSU the goal is to grind down your defense in the second half. UND can also pass when needed but would rather grind it out on the ground. I am really excited for this game. You will find more in depth thoughts on UND at www.siouxsports.com

MacThor
November 27th, 2016, 09:59 AM
High-end WR groups give them the most trouble. Nobody has ran on UND all year but some teams have hit multiple TD passes per game.

Lucky for you UR doesn't have one of the best receiving corps in FCS. ;)

KPSUL
November 27th, 2016, 10:00 AM
SB was not Richmond's only poor performance on the road this year. The last Saturday of the regular season they dropped one @ William and Mary 34-13. I'm not sure how well Richmond will do traveling to play a strong defensive team. It didn't go well for them against the two teams in the CAA most similar to North Dakota. I think ND will win this one. I hope I'm wrong, Richmond has been very good to UNH; they let us win every time we play them. They may also be suffering from Dome-a-phobia.

Gil Dobie
November 27th, 2016, 11:11 AM
Who are the Sioux?

The team hiding behind the hawk logo.
https://encrypted-tbn3.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQPZEJKlyqZqGumD46dUfMqq1x7aicPN U6iH0V_x9brQ76AjIwPAwAuaug0

bostonspider
November 27th, 2016, 11:13 AM
I am sorry but the W&M game was all about Lauletta going down with a season ending injury. Kevin Johnson was not dressed and the Spiders went with their 4th (who was also somewhat injured) and 5th string QB. With no offense the game got away from UR.

BigHouseClosedEnd
November 27th, 2016, 12:14 PM
SB was not Richmond's only poor performance on the road this year. The last Saturday of the regular season they dropped one @ William and Mary 34-13. I'm not sure how well Richmond will do traveling to play a strong defensive team. It didn't go well for them against the two teams in the CAA most similar to North Dakota. I think ND will win this one. I hope I'm wrong, Richmond has been very good to UNH; they let us win every time we play them. They may also be suffering from Dome-a-phobia.

The Tribe result is a complete throwaway. Injury to Lauletta and the awful targeting call that caused 14 point swing.

BigHouseClosedEnd
November 27th, 2016, 12:16 PM
Richmond Fans: What did you think of NC A&T?

I watched the game yesterday and while there is no doubt you have a solid team, I just couldn't get a read on your opponent.

In regard to our game I believe this to be a 50/50 type of game. UND had 3 OL not play in the finale against NAU. QB Studsrud could barely lift his arm due to shoulder injury, and multiple other nagging injuries all over the place. Typically I wouldn't want three weeks off but UND absolutely needed it to heal up as they were dropping like flies over the last three weeks of the season. Playing 11 straight weeks is not ideal but somehow they gutted through it.

UND strong suit is defense and the run game. Much like NDSU the goal is to grind down your defense in the second half. UND can also pass when needed but would rather grind it out on the ground. I am really excited for this game. You will find more in depth thoughts on UND at www.siouxsports.com

A&T was a typical MEAC team. I was encouraged by our ability to bury them, given the events of the prior week(s).

Matt
November 27th, 2016, 12:48 PM
A&T was a typical MEAC team. I was encouraged by our ability to bury them, given the events of the prior week(s).

Yes, especially considering the hype around Cohen. I know he plays in the MEAC but gaining 2k yards in 11 games is insane. Apparently scouts unanimously agree that he'll be drafted. No one has really gashed us this year except Schor (Abdullah gained 120 or so but I wouldnt say he dominated seeing how it was a shootout). So if UND is run heavy and they are vulnerable to a top-shelf passing game, Saturday could be a good day.

BigHouseClosedEnd
November 27th, 2016, 12:52 PM
Yes, especially considering the hype around Cohen. I know he plays in the MEAC but gaining 2k yards in 11 games is insane. Apparently scouts unanimously agree that he'll be drafted. No one has really gashed us this year except Schor (Abdullah gained 120 or so but I wouldnt say he dominated seeing how it was a shootout). So if UND is run heavy and they are vulnerable to a top-shelf passing game, Saturday could be a good day.

Agreed. People will point to the way WM gashed us on the ground but the loss of Rubin to the targeting call had alot to do with that. 29 has become one of our top 2-3 defenders.

Matt
November 27th, 2016, 01:16 PM
It is bizarre to me that UND fans do not want to talk about their team

F'N Hawks
November 27th, 2016, 01:26 PM

Have I not been doing that? Lot of info in here already, no?

70MilesFromCanada
November 27th, 2016, 01:29 PM

We let the NDSU posters do all the talking.
They have been anointed and proclaimed all-knowing FCS gurus, geeks, wizards, etc.
Just ask them.

F'N Hawks
November 27th, 2016, 01:34 PM
Richmond has given up 150+ yards rushing seven times this year. That doesn't seem very dominant to me. That is strictly looking at box scores.

Matt
November 27th, 2016, 01:40 PM
Richmond has given up 150+ yards rushing seven times this year. That doesn't seem very dominant to me. That is strictly looking at box scores.

True. This is probably an unsatisfying answer but it's more about the "eye test" with this group. Our line is very strong, however we have a weird tendency to give up the odd 40-50+ yard run. Did it yesterday, in fact. So the numbers are a little misleading. Also, our pass D is among the best in the FCS so teams gameplan to be run-heavy.

F'N Hawks
November 27th, 2016, 01:46 PM
True. This is probably an unsatisfying answer but it's more about the "eye test" with this group. Our line is very strong, however we have a weird tendency to give up the odd 40-50+ yard run. Did it yesterday, in fact. So the numbers are a little misleading. Also, our pass D is among the best in the FCS so teams gameplan to be run-heavy.

Gotcha. That makes sense. UND does that too with passing yards. Give up an 80 and a 40 and all the sudden they have 250+

Midwestbest
November 27th, 2016, 01:49 PM
Wow, talk about some butt hurt NDSU fans just jumping on this thread. Do I sense some anxiety coming on due to UND slowly taking over the one and only sport NDSU has over UND?? Uh oh, ...is this the end of that era? North Dakota only has so many people to go around.

I'm not extremely familiar with either team at this point but I have watched a couple games for both. Richmond seems to have a completely different roster and has flexed their muscles by showing this strong depth. Their fast pace and speed will probably be top 1-2 UND has seen this season. Although UND has put up a large amount of INTs this season I have seen them let up way more long passing TDs and other big plays to make up for it. Either way, whoever wins will get rolled by EWU. I really think UND coming around is a reality. They will be a top 4 team next season. I think this is EWUs year.

BisonFan02
November 27th, 2016, 01:55 PM
Wow, talk about some butt hurt NDSU fans just jumping on this thread. Do I sense some anxiety coming on due to UND slowly taking over the one and only sport NDSU has over UND?? Uh oh, ...is this the end of that era? North Dakota only has so many people to go around.

I'm not extremely familiar with either team at this point but I have watched a couple games for both. Richmond seems to have a completely different roster and has flexed their muscles by showing this strong depth. Their fast pace and speed will probably be top 1-2 UND has seen this season. Although UND has put up a large amount of INTs this season I have seen them let up way more long passing TDs and other big plays to make up for it. Either way, whoever wins will get rolled by EWU. I really think UND coming around is a reality. They will be a top 4 team next season. I think this is EWUs year.

xlolx could we get a quick IP check? Only sport NDSU has an edge? That's rich.

Oh.....and welcome to AGS! :D

Matt
November 27th, 2016, 01:57 PM

Hell of a first post. You may, uh, hear from some NDSU fans on this. So you give UCA no shot next week? Also, everyone said Coprich and Co. (also the 2 seed) would roll us last year..

F'N Hawks
November 27th, 2016, 01:59 PM
Hell of a first post. You may, uh, hear from some NDSU fans on this. So you give UCA no shot next week? Also, everyone said Coprich and Co. (also the 2 seed) would roll us last year..

I will say this: if UCA struggled with Sam Houston, they are going to be in trouble vs. EWU.

Gangtackle11
November 27th, 2016, 02:10 PM
I will say this: if UCA struggled with Sam Houston, they are going to be in trouble vs. EWU.

Maybe, but if you check how SHSU has done against Big Sky teams in playoffs it's akin to a hot knife cutting through butter. 7-0 with a win over EWU.

F'N Hawks
November 27th, 2016, 02:12 PM
Maybe, but if you check how SHSU has done against Big Sky teams in playoffs it's akin to a hot knife cutting through butter. 7-0 with a win over EWU.

Is UCA suddenly SHSU? What's your point, I guess?

Gangtackle11
November 27th, 2016, 02:18 PM
Is UCA suddenly SHSU? What's your point, I guess?

My bad misread your point. Carry on.

SDFS
November 27th, 2016, 03:01 PM
It is bizarre to me that UND fans do not want to talk about their team Well, I'll see what I can do to get this thread productive.. here are my thoughts on the team in general and the defense. I will post something about the offense in a bit. Just an FYI - most UND fans stay away for AGS because of the constant trolling. You might have better luck at Siouxsports. You will be treated fairly. In addition, there is of blog named Sioux Football Insiders that does a nice job (might run a Q/A this week). Plus, Tom Miller from the Grand Forks Herald does a nice job. They have a weekly Q/A but it is a mix of all UND sports. There are plenty of media outlets for UND football which is why you might not see the traffic you would expect on AGS for UND football. NOTE: Feel strange pimping non AGS content on AGS hope I did not cross a line.

UND is a field position, time of possession and don’t turnover the ball type of team. Teams have had early success against UND - 1st half points – Opp 143 to UND 147. 2nd Half – Opp 84 UND 171. Part of this is UND’s philosophy of wearing teams down and I do believe that coaches have made good in game adjustments. But, most of this is attributed to the offense starting slowly and I will be honest most of this is because Studsrud has started very slowly in a number of games and has looked just plain awful at times. But, he has typically picked up his game in the second half. I think many UND fans are worried about Studsrud coming back from injury and being rusty. If this is true – UND is in trouble because I am not sure they have another miracle finish left in them. In general, UND has lived off of turnovers and time of possession. They had a plus 17 in the turnover margin. UND had 12 turnovers (9 fumbles and 3 int) and forced 29 turnovers (9 fumbles and 20 int). Time of possession is on average 33 2/3 to 26 1/3 in favor of UND.

Defense

UND runs a 3-4 scheme. As typically with this type of front you see a mix of everything. In media day conference calls this year it was referred to as a “garbage defense”. This was not meant as a slight toward UND. Just that you will see many different fronts and blitz looks. It should be noted that many times it looks like UND is blitzing but in reality they are just sending 3 or 4 players. UND is a stop the run first type of defense. They want to get teams into 3rd and long passing situations, which means that UND can get exposed with early down play action plays. Here is a general breakdown by position group.

DL – UND rotates up to 9 guys on the front 3 with little drop off. If there is drop-off it would be at nose tackle after Tank Harris. UND has a number of good DE Greely, Johnson, Dranka and Bennet being the best. The strength of this unit is depth and the rotation of keeping players fresh.

LB – Inside LB is down to a three man rotation lead by Bakker who leads the team in tackles. Solid players in the group but no real difference makers

OLB – A number of UND’s OLB are converted safeties – this would apply to Johnson and Disterhaupt. They tend be active around the line of scrimmage and can make plays in coverage or in run blitz. Very active group.

Secondary – This is the most improved group on the team. They typically go with 6 players and they are lead by SS Reyes. Reyes has been out for a couple of games this year and the entire defense is not the same without him. Big drop off at this position if he is not on the field. The FS is OK but he has been noticeable in coverage which is not a good thing. Again, a drop off when he is not on the field. The corners at UND are tall 6’1” and 6’3” Hunt (Fr) and Harris (Jr). This has helped with many of the 1 on 1 jump ball type of plays. Hunt is replacing an injured starter. He has been solid with no drop off. But, they only have one other corner with significant playing time a true Fr named Holm. As a unit they lead FCS in interceptions this year with 20 but they are getting thin and don’t have much on the bench at this point.

Wilson16
November 27th, 2016, 03:25 PM

Slowly Taking over??? What does that even mean? Haven't even played a playoff game yet. Come back in 100 years

geaux_sioux
November 27th, 2016, 03:42 PM

Tonight I'll make an in depth post to cover all the bases.

Midwestbest
November 27th, 2016, 03:57 PM
Slowly Taking over??? What does that even mean? Haven't even played a playoff game yet. Come back in 100 years

What does it even take to graduate from NDSU? Minimum of 100 trolls on online sports chat websites to achieve keyboard warrior status, followed by successful barn door installation?

I mean they are slowly taking over ALL ND sports once again. NDSU has had a great span of being the best JV team in the nation, but UND seems to be on the verge of flipping that switch as well.

Serious note, I don't see anyone anyone beating EWU as long as Gub and Kupp stay healthy. Unless someone with an exceptional pass rush can force them to 3step pass all game and keep them off their norm. But I can't name one....maybe NDSU if they were smart enough to not try a 3 man rush again.

centennial
November 27th, 2016, 04:05 PM
What does it even take to graduate from NDSU? Minimum of 100 trolls on online sports chat websites to achieve keyboard warrior status, followed by successful barn door installation?

I mean they are slowly taking over ALL ND sports once again. NDSU has had a great span of being the best JV team in the nation, but UND seems to be on the verge of flipping that switch as well.

Serious note, I don't see anyone anyone beating EWU as long as Gub and Kupp stay healthy. Unless someone with an exceptional pass rush can force them to 3step pass all game and keep them off their norm. But I can't name one....maybe NDSU if they were smart enough to not try a 3 man rush again.

UNI fan trolling NDSU fans over UND? Now I've seen everything. Also the reason there are more of us is that NDSU has a fairly large fan base for the FCS. Go look at Bisonville, probably has more traffic than AGS.

NDSUtk
November 27th, 2016, 04:28 PM

A supposed UNI fan commenting about barn doors...kind of humorous considering you're the ones with a giant garage door in your end zone. Appears UNI is the master of door installation.

Bison56
November 27th, 2016, 04:32 PM

I remember when I was 12 and thought I was funny.

Wilson16
November 27th, 2016, 04:41 PM

Again come back in 100 years. I think that's what you meant by S L O W L Y taking over. Got it now??

Wilson16
November 27th, 2016, 04:43 PM

Well if you don't see anyone beating EWU let's just call it a season cause you're brilliant i say, brilliant. Again explain to us all what flipping the switch means.

Wilson16
November 27th, 2016, 04:45 PM
A supposed UNI fan commenting about barn doors...kind of humorous considering you're the ones with a giant garage door in your end zone. Appears UNI is the master of door installation.
No chance it's a UNI fan. WhoND fan for sure

BigHouseClosedEnd
November 27th, 2016, 05:21 PM
xpopcornx

Bison Fan in NW MN
November 27th, 2016, 05:25 PM

How many titles has UNI won in football?

xeyebrowx

Matt
November 27th, 2016, 05:26 PM
xpopcornx
lol

Stonewall D
November 27th, 2016, 05:34 PM
I can't believe the UND fans are taking this from NDSU.

F'N Hawks
November 27th, 2016, 05:44 PM
Only six days left.

nodak651
November 27th, 2016, 05:58 PM
Not worth it to post here. Richmond's new QB did look pretty good though - nervous about him. Don't see us winning without a couple picks.

BigHouseClosedEnd
November 27th, 2016, 06:07 PM
I can't believe the UND fans are taking this from NDSU.

+1

nodak651
November 27th, 2016, 06:13 PM
You wold think they would be trolling their rival, SDSU.

NDSU1980
November 27th, 2016, 06:13 PM
Of course we will. I will be fun to und a dose of their own medicine. Go Richmond Spiders.

Red & Black
November 27th, 2016, 06:18 PM
Serious note, I don't see anyone anyone beating EWU as long as Gub and Kupp stay healthy.

Kupp isn't healthy. That could change somewhat in a week from now, but it's unknown whether he will play against UCA.

Sioux24/7
November 27th, 2016, 06:27 PM
This should be a good one. Hopefully our fans show up as it can get loud unlike what some are saying. Our offense is not going to win us any games. At times this year it has looked anemic and then will start to click in desperation time. Our defense is legit. The thing that does hurt us though is the passing game. A healthy Reyes patrolling back there though should be a huge benefit to us as our defense goes as he goes.

caribbeanhen
November 27th, 2016, 06:35 PM
I see a few big hurdles for Richmond

1) Road game and a bit different than just another CAA road game, 90 pct of the team couldn't find Brookings, ND on the map (joke guys...)

2) they are really banged up, how many starters are out now?

3) Yes, the first game QB looked good but let's remember that was a MEAC team....He's probably going to be a good QB but if he leads Richmond into North Dakota and gets the win in only his second game, .... that's what legends are made of

4) See above, MEAC team, lots of fans on both side seem to have forgotten how good a MEAC team can make you look

Matt
November 27th, 2016, 06:35 PM
Sounds like our goal should be to try and make this a shootout. We have at least 2 WRs that can get behind just about anyone (Brown and Brissett) and our RB Deontez Thompson has great hands and finds holes that don't seem to be there. TE Garrett Hudson is very reliable but under-utilized. We can score in a hurry and KJ (granted this is based off one game) throws a beautiful deep ball. Brown will be the key, whether as a target or a decoy. He is as good as any WR in the country.

Matt
November 27th, 2016, 06:37 PM

1) Road game and a bit different than just another CAA road game, 90 pct of the team couldn't find Brookings, ND on the map (joke guys...)

2) they are really banged up, how many starters are out now?

3) Yes, the first game QB looked good but let's remember that was a MEAC team....He's probably going to be a good QB but if he leads Richmond into North Dakota and gets the win in only his second game, .... that's what legends are made of

4) See above, MEAC team, lots of fans on both side seem to have forgotten how good a MEAC team can make you look

Your points are valid. This is a huge jump up for KJ. But it wasn't just that he had all day because our line was superior. IDK if you saw higlights but he throws a tight, on-the-money spiral, keeps his head downfield, and runs really well. I dont think i couldve been more impressed.

Also I believe we are missing 9 starters. 18 total players on IR. God is cruel.

BigHouseClosedEnd
November 27th, 2016, 06:39 PM
Any thoughts on what the point spread looks like when it comes out tomorrow?

F'N Hawks
November 27th, 2016, 06:54 PM
Any thoughts on what the point spread looks like when it comes out tomorrow?

My guess is UND -4 and total of around 48.

spdram
November 27th, 2016, 07:06 PM
If the total is 48 we could be in trouble -- having watched your highlights I would expect a higher scoring game.

dwtime
November 27th, 2016, 07:26 PM
This game won't be close.

PantherRob82
November 27th, 2016, 07:55 PM
UNI fan trolling NDSU fans over UND? Now I've seen everything. Also the reason there are more of us is that NDSU has a fairly large fan base for the FCS. Go look at Bisonville, probably has more traffic than AGS.

Clearly not a UNI fan. We don't give 2 ****s about UND. An IP check will be fun.

caribbeanhen
November 27th, 2016, 07:56 PM
Your points are valid. This is a huge jump up for KJ. But it wasn't just that he had all day because our line was superior. IDK if you saw higlights but he throws a tight, on-the-money spiral, keeps his head downfield, and runs really well. I dont think i couldve been more impressed.

Also I believe we are missing 9 starters. 18 total players on IR. God is cruel.

I saw a lot of your game, he was very impressive, I would take him at Delaware in a second, but lets see what he does against a good defense, haha, are you allowed to say Big Sky and good Defense in the same sentence?

PantherRob82
November 27th, 2016, 07:57 PM
I'm not sure who is less intelligent, the troll or the NDSU fans taking the bait. xlolx

caribbeanhen
November 27th, 2016, 07:58 PM
This game won't be close.

define close....

SDFS
November 27th, 2016, 08:01 PM
Matt:

I am going to give this thread one more try... lets see if we can keep it about the game... here are my thoughts about UND's offense. Anyone on the Richmond or CAA side that can breakdown Spiders for UND fans.

Offense:
At the end of last season the offense was a very dynamic run first team with a homerun threat in the backfield and vertical passing game. Most fans were looking forward to seeing this offense again this year. But, it never happened. What changed? Graduation to O-line/TE and injuries at WR. UND’s offense is now a grind it out and don’t make mistakes type of team. They want to take time off the clock and limit the number of plays. UND averaged 70 plays a game on offense. Opponents average 69 plays. But UND had a time of possession average of 33 2/3 min to 26 1/3 min in favor of UND.

Position Overview:

QB – As I noted above Studs has struggled at times this year. But, to his credit he has not turned the ball over. Only 3 int this year. He can run, but given his injury status most UND fans will hold their breath every time he runs because they have NO depth. If he goes out they might as well go to a wild cat formation. Studs can be a very effective QB and he throws a nice ball – good on slants and deep ball. He has been limited by injuries to play makers at WR. So, he generally throws a lot of medium deep back shoulder 1 on 1 balls to the WR because they are a tall group – 6’4”, 6’3”, and 6’3” and that is what they can do. There is no TE in the passing game to speak of at this point.

RB – UND rotates Brady Oliveira and Santiago. Brady is a low center of gravity bowling ball type of runner and Santiago is more of a scatback with a very quick burst. He can absolutely make the first person miss and take it the distance if he can get to the second level clean. Both shared the load equally this year. Most fans are waiting for Santiago to breakout this year. His longest run this year is 38 yards and he only has 7 plays that have gone for more than 25 yards on the year. Only one of them has been for a touchdowns. Last year, he had 11 plays over 25 yards and most of them were over 40 and a TD.

Last Year
Yds Player (Opponent/Date) Result
81 John San ago (vs. UNC, 11/14) TD
80 John San ago (at UM, 10/24) TD
75 John San ago (vs. MSU, 10/31) TD
52 John San ago (at WYO, 9/5) TD
49 John San ago (vs. UNC, 11/14) TD
47 John San ago (at WSU, 10/17) 1st Down
46 John San ago (at WSU, 10/17) TD
45 John San ago (vs. MSU, 10/31) TD
34 John San ago (vs. MSU, 10/31) 1st Down
30 John San ago (at WYO, 9/5) 1st Down
27 John San ago (vs. ISU, 10/10) TD

The general thought process is that teams are stacking the box because UND has no deep threat and Santiago has been impatient waiting for holes to form. My thoughts are that teams stacked box last year also. But, the O line has regressed and has little to no drive off the ball and the FB/TE are terrible at blocking on the edge. So, Santiago has not made it to the second level clean and so some of his best runs are now for 5 or 10 yards vs homeruns.

OL – Well, 4 new starters and IMO it has been an adventure. I like Stockwell at LT. I am just not sure if he will play this week. The starting C had moved to RT due to injury early in the season and he has now been moved to LT due to recent injuries (plus I think he played G this year also). The rest of the line is patch work at best. I don’t know who is healthy enough to play right now. So, it is difficult to comment. In general, the pass blocking has been better than the run blocking. Others might be able to break it down better than me.

WR – The 3 top returning receivers have all been injured this year. This position would be a total loss this year without the 2 true Fr. playing this year. UND is basically starting 3 WRs that were not with the team until fall practice. The 2 true Fr. and FBS drop down Mercer. All 3 have now developed a chemistry with Studs. But, none of them are a homerun threat. The Fr. are tall position type receivers and Mercer has some speed with good ball skills.

TE/FB – IMO no difference makers and in general not much of receiving threat. FB struggles blocking in space. The 4 FB dives we have run this year have resulted in two fumbles. Please don't run that play again.

I will take a swing at special teams tomorrow.

BigHouseClosedEnd
November 27th, 2016, 08:06 PM
What is the nature of the injury the QB is nursing?

SDFS
November 27th, 2016, 08:09 PM

I thought that I read he played 3 games last year as a Fr. and he was supposed to red shirt this year. Obviously, that has not worked out this year because he is playing again.

dwtime
November 27th, 2016, 08:10 PM
Just ask bighouse, he is Mr. Knowitall.

define close....

geaux_sioux
No chance it's a UNI fan. WhoND fan for sure

Unfortunately you are probably right.... Or is it an NDSU troll posing as a UND troll?

BisonFan02
Clearly not a UNI fan. We don't give 2 ****s about UND. An IP check will be fun.

Yup.......waiting for the IP check. xlolx

BigHouseClosedEnd
November 27th, 2016, 08:15 PM
Just ask bighouse, he is Mr. Knowitall.

This guy enjoys stifling opinions. On a message board.

He sleeps with a blankey too.

geaux_sioux
November 27th, 2016, 08:20 PM
What is the nature of the injury the QB is nursing?

AC sprain

BigHouseClosedEnd
November 27th, 2016, 08:22 PM
^Thanks. Throwing or non throwing arm?

geaux_sioux
November 27th, 2016, 08:30 PM
^Thanks. Throwing or non throwing arm?
Throwing arm. He had to come out of the NAU game what seemed like every other play but he soldiered on and made some great throws.

TheRevSFA
November 27th, 2016, 08:31 PM
I have zero dogs in this fight but I look forward to watching.

Congrats to both teams on stellar seasons

Schwarz04
November 27th, 2016, 09:19 PM
My first thought about this potential matchup, before witnessing the Big Sky's opening round letdowns, was that this was going to for sure be a good,close game wire to wire...now I'm not so sure. I think UR wins by 10 to 14. Wouldn't be at all surprised if UND still pulled it off though.

Matt
November 27th, 2016, 09:25 PM
My first thought about this potential matchup, before witnessing the Big Sky's opening round letdowns, was that this was going to for sure be a good,close game wire to wire...now I'm not so sure. I think UR wins by 10 to 14. Wouldn't be at all surprised if UND still pulled it off though.

This is some serious hedging.

geaux_sioux
November 27th, 2016, 09:29 PM
I'll start by talking about the UND defense since they're the cornerstone of our success.

Our defensive front 7 operates pretty much like a hockey team. Whole sale line changes all game long. Our guys stay fresh and it's really noticeable in the 4th quarter. That is when our defense has really feasted on opponents. You won't find a single star in the front 7 but they are one hell of a unit. Most of the OLBs are on the light side which gives great flexibility with coverage and blitzing. The ILBs are all good sized, no hulks though, and they can all run. They do just about everything a 3-4 defense can do to confuse the opposing qb. It's really run to watch. They're like a pack of wolves taking down a bison.

The secondary is long and has a couple notable players. Cole Reyes is the Big Sky Defensive POY. He's just really good at football. He's got a knack for tackling in space and unreal instincts to blow plays up. He's stronger against the run than the pass but is no slouch in coverage. He's also a good sized safety at 6'2" and 220lbs. He's a legit NFL prospect.

The other stud on the back end is Deion Harris. He was a first teamer in the Big Sky. He gets put out on an island against the best WR each team has every week. He has great length at 6'3" and uses it to stonewall wrs at the LOS. He's got 3 pick 6s on the year and 9 PBUs.

Because of Deion's size and playmaking other teams tend to go after trfr Torrey Hunt. Hunt also has nice length at 6'1" but is very green as a DB. He's been picked on all year and has been on a roller coaster ride. At times he looks like an all american and other times he looks like a walk on. He's got 3 picks on the year and 10 PBUs so he's not chopped liver but I fully expect the spiders to go at him from the first whistle.

Zach Arnell is the final piece to our starting secondary. He is up and down much like Hunt. Arnell has 47 tackles to go along with his 3 picks but he's been burned a fair amount this year. He's been his own worst enemy at times. We need him to be on his A game or Richmond may spoil the party.

The best aspect of our defense is DC Eric Schmidt. His adjustments have been on point in every game. Sometimes a team will march right down the field on their first drive and on the next drive the defense will look completely different and shut the opponent down. In the second half the defense is like an anaconda that takes the life out of the opponent.

Thumper 76
November 27th, 2016, 09:35 PM
Unfortunately you are probably right.... Or is it an NDSU troll posing as a UND troll?

http://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20161128/b40fea34c40b7242f69a633624a30066.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

geaux_sioux
November 27th, 2016, 09:38 PM
Guess which degenerate Bison fan staggered his way over to the Richmond fan forum to spread his usual lies about UND....

spdram
November 27th, 2016, 09:38 PM
A brief summary, others can flesh this out more:

ST's -- Punting has been getting better, with decent coverage. FG's & EP's have been very good this season, but first time in a dome may have some effect. KO and KO coverage have been questionable, but the changes made against NCA&T seemed to work, playoff time changes the rules.

Defense --- primary losses are an AA Safety and 3 DL. May have one or two of the DL back. Winston Craig is a load, if he doesn't play on Sundays I'll be shocked. He is doubled almost every play and still controls. DL has been solid in spite of the injuries. LB's have played well 46 is the leader and a true stud. They play the pass and run both well. DB's have been solid, but fans don't like the lose manner in which the coaches have them play.

Offense -- OL has been solid all season, has been the rock of this year's team. RB's keep getting knocked down and getting up. Down to #3, but shows a great deal of talent with several 100 yd games. TE's can block and catch passes, OC has been happy to call for the pass to our TE's. 11 & 9 catch as well as many WR's. I believe the WR's are as good as any I have seen this year. Everyone knows about 12, he is a true NFL prospect, but 17 & 82 would be the top on many teams. QB, our current QB will be making his second start. A smart kid, son of a coach. Has a great deal of talent, quick, shifty, and seems to pick up quickly. I liked the way he read the field as the game went along. His passes became much more accurate as he got comfortable. But second start who knows? At this time his backup is a true Fr walk-on, a talented kid that may earn a starting spot in the future, but has a long way to go.

Schwarz04
November 27th, 2016, 09:41 PM
This is some serious hedging.

I guess I'm basically just saying that the BSC's opening round was so unflattering that it makes me question the quality of conference wins. I was really surprised that CP lost. I was expecting Weber to lose, but not that badly.

Thumper 76
November 27th, 2016, 09:46 PM
Guess which degenerate Bison fan staggered his way over to the Richmond fan forum to spread his usual lies about UND....

xlolx I should check the Nova board he does that for SDSU as well

Bisonoline
November 27th, 2016, 09:50 PM

Same one that is moderated at BV?

verk62
November 27th, 2016, 10:01 PM
xpopcornx

Bison fans just can't help but take the bait. In general most UND fans don't post here because for every post made they are likely to get NDSU fans butting in and causing thread drift.

geaux_sioux
November 27th, 2016, 10:11 PM
Same one that is moderated at BV?
He's most likely fishing for credit card numbers to steal for cyber Monday.

Bisonoline
November 27th, 2016, 10:15 PM

Sad part is he posts that crap on purpose. Not like some of the other idiots who really have no clue.

MacThor
November 27th, 2016, 10:38 PM
No one has really gashed us this year except Schor (Abdullah gained 120 or so but I wouldnt say he dominated seeing how it was a shootout).

C'mon man. SBU ran for 220+. Colgate ran for almost 200. Towson had 225, and Victor had 4 rushing TDs.

We have improved, but we've been gashed plenty.

I love the discipline we showed containing Tarik yesterday.

UNHWildcat18
November 27th, 2016, 11:33 PM
Bison fans just can't help but take the bait. In general most UND fans don't post here because for every post made they are likely to get NDSU fans butting in and causing thread drift.

lol I picture them as the seagulls in finding nemo any time the words North Dakota are typed in a thread.

caribbeanhen
November 28th, 2016, 06:06 AM

sounds like you need to revisit and come back with one prediction, not several... haha

Twentysix
November 28th, 2016, 06:34 AM
sounds like you need to revisit and come back with one prediction, not several... haha

the 8ball said come back later.

RootinFerDukes
November 28th, 2016, 08:00 AM
Off topic for this thread but I don't know where else to ask it and UR fans may know.

Last year's quarterfinal game of UR at ISUr was on a friday night despite only being on espn3. I remembered thinking, "wtf are they bothering to put a non-televised game on a friday night for? that's so inconvenient to the attending fans". Why was it on friday? Did ISUr request it on that day due to a graduation I think I read? I certainly hope they aren't starting to force games onto non-saturdays without a real tv broadcast dictating it. That is beyond pointless.

PantherRob82
November 28th, 2016, 11:11 AM
Midwestbest disappeared real quick once we started mentioning IP checks.

Bison56
November 28th, 2016, 11:30 AM

http://cdn3.thr.com/sites/default/files/2012/04/dawson_crying.jpg (http://www.google.com/url?sa=i&rct=j&q=&esrc=s&source=images&cd=&cad=rja&uact=8&ved=0ahUKEwiW6_GG_cvQAhUCwYMKHUVXD7MQjRwIBw&url=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.hollywoodreporter.com%2Flive-feed%2Fjames-van-der-beeks-cry-face-dawsons-creek-dont-trust-b-310071&psig=AFQjCNFYoRKKi5Pj9Wn1gHrxiYG7n_StHg&ust=1480440558685801)

BigHouseClosedEnd
November 28th, 2016, 12:23 PM
Off topic for this thread but I don't know where else to ask it and UR fans may know.

Last year's quarterfinal game of UR at ISUr was on a friday night despite only being on espn3. I remembered thinking, "wtf are they bothering to put a non-televised game on a friday night for? that's so inconvenient to the attending fans". Why was it on friday? Did ISUr request it on that day due to a graduation I think I read? I certainly hope they aren't starting to force games onto non-saturdays without a real tv broadcast dictating it. That is beyond pointless.

It had something to do with Graduation at Illinois State, as i recall.

RootinFerDukes
November 28th, 2016, 12:32 PM
It had something to do with Graduation at Illinois State, as i recall.

Good. It makes no sense to force a game on a non-saturday unless national tv is dictating it. All games should be on saturday.

The Pud
November 28th, 2016, 12:35 PM
Should be a good game. The Pod thinks UND will pull this game out in the 4th QTR.

siouxfan512
November 28th, 2016, 12:42 PM

Most of the animosity you will see on here is generally directed towards the Bison fans (who I personally have no issue with). A lot of Bison fans enjoy belittling UND football, and who can blame them, with what that program has done over the past 5-7 years; It is ridiculous. Though I lived in Fargo and have family there, their tailgating and games are a great experience. Remember, you get good and bad fans in every fan base.

As for UND, I did make it to the Cal-Poly game earlier this season, but missed tailgating (I was actually tailgating with family in Fargo). There were over 10k at that game (probably similar to what we will see this weekend), and it was very loud. It is an overall very nice facility, and it does feel kind of like a big metal barn, so even though our numbers are nothing like NDSU's attendance, it does get loud in there. The caveat, is that UND is a huge hockey school, and UND plays Saturday night against Boston College at Madison Square Garden. There will be people traveling and staying home to watch that, so it will probably impact attendance to a point.

UND's defense has been very impressive this year. Very good front 7, and difficult to run on. You will be able to get some passing yards, BUT at the risk of getting picked (20 interceptions this season). UND is coming off of 3 weeks off, which is great because we were so banged up (as Richmond surely understands), but there could be some rust early.

Watch for Santiago and Oliveira, a great 1-2 punch at RB. Studrud, doesn't have to throw a ton, but has been very efficient, can run, and does not turn the ball over. On Defense, watch for Safety Cole Reyes, hard hitting and always a threat to pick you off. CB Deion Harris has 5 INTs this year with 3 returned for TDs.

This is uncharted territory for UND, and Richmond certainly has the playoff experience. Kevin Johnson looked really good last week, especially considering he hasn't played. Solid move by the kid to give up his red shirt for the team. I do expect him to endure much more pressure this week, and hopefully (for us) that translates into some mistakes and turnovers.

Fun Fact: Safety Zach Arnell's brother will be playing 70 miles south for San Diego, as they travel to Fargo. Fun day for the Arnell family.

geaux_sioux
November 28th, 2016, 12:42 PM
http://cdn3.thr.com/sites/default/files/2012/04/dawson_crying.jpg (http://www.google.com/url?sa=i&rct=j&q=&esrc=s&source=images&cd=&cad=rja&uact=8&ved=0ahUKEwiW6_GG_cvQAhUCwYMKHUVXD7MQjRwIBw&url=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.hollywoodreporter.com%2Flive-feed%2Fjames-van-der-beeks-cry-face-dawsons-creek-dont-trust-b-310071&psig=AFQjCNFYoRKKi5Pj9Wn1gHrxiYG7n_StHg&ust=1480440558685801)
Compared to bisonville this place is easy street

siouxfan512
November 28th, 2016, 12:45 PM
It is plenty loud, compared to most FCS programs. Hard pressed to find many FCS stadiums as loud as Fargo or Montana. Can't compare everyone to them. UND gets plenty loud considering the size of the Alerus Center, but no, it will never house as many people, or be as loud as the FargoDome.

siouxfan512
November 28th, 2016, 12:47 PM

Go Bison.

UND also played without their star running back in that game, though this is never mentioned. UND also handled Poly last year, which should be attributed to UND's defense scheming well for that triple option. This year was a little more interesting as Graves was a pretty decent passer.

Milktruck74
November 28th, 2016, 01:58 PM
Matt.........Put a poll up on this thread. I'm asking all OPs for game threads to do it....just to add to the discussion.

NDSU_grad
November 28th, 2016, 02:19 PM
Most of the animosity you will see on here is generally directed towards the Bison fans (who I personally have no issue with). A lot of Bison fans enjoy belittling UND football, and who can blame them, with what that program has done over the past 5-7 years; It is ridiculous. Though I lived in Fargo and have family there, their tailgating and games are a great experience. Remember, you get good and bad fans in every fan base.

As for UND, I did make it to the Cal-Poly game earlier this season, but missed tailgating (I was actually tailgating with family in Fargo). There were over 10k at that game (probably similar to what we will see this weekend), and it was very loud. It is an overall very nice facility, and it does feel kind of like a big metal barn, so even though our numbers are nothing like NDSU's attendance, it does get loud in there. The caveat, is that UND is a huge hockey school, and UND plays Saturday night against Boston College at Madison Square Garden. There will be people traveling and staying home to watch that, so it will probably impact attendance to a point.

UND's defense has been very impressive this year. Very good front 7, and difficult to run on. You will be able to get some passing yards, BUT at the risk of getting picked (20 interceptions this season). UND is coming off of 3 weeks off, which is great because we were so banged up (as Richmond surely understands), but there could be some rust early.

Watch for Santiago and Oliveira, a great 1-2 punch at RB. Studrud, doesn't have to throw a ton, but has been very efficient, can run, and does not turn the ball over. On Defense, watch for Safety Cole Reyes, hard hitting and always a threat to pick you off. CB Deion Harris has 5 INTs this year with 3 returned for TDs.

This is uncharted territory for UND, and Richmond certainly has the playoff experience. Kevin Johnson looked really good last week, especially considering he hasn't played. Solid move by the kid to give up his red shirt for the team. I do expect him to endure much more pressure this week, and hopefully (for us) that translates into some mistakes and turnovers.

Fun Fact: Safety Zach Arnell's brother will be playing 70 miles south for San Diego, as they travel to Fargo. Fun day for the Arnell family.
Regarding the start time of the game, did UND set that or does the NCAA. You would think they would go for an earlier start so it wouldn't conflict with the hockey game.

siouxfan512
November 28th, 2016, 02:32 PM
[QUOTE=NDSU_grad;2423918]Regarding the start time of the game, did UND set that or does the NCAA. You would think they would go for an earlier start so it wouldn't conflict with the hockey game.[/QU

I would think that was set by the NCAA. Not sure though.

Professor
November 28th, 2016, 03:29 PM
That escalated quickly

Bison56
November 28th, 2016, 03:44 PM
It is plenty loud, compared to most FCS programs. Hard pressed to find many FCS stadiums as loud as Fargo or Montana. Can't compare everyone to them. UND gets plenty loud considering the size of the Alerus Center, but no, it will never house as many people, or be as loud as the FargoDome.

I read it was louder xeyebrowx

siouxfan512
November 28th, 2016, 04:03 PM
I read it was louder xeyebrowx

Eh, someone may have wrote that. I think I read that on our forum as well. Some bison fans also state that there will only be 4-5k people there too. I think you tend to find some extremists on both sides (shocking, I know :) )

Reality is, it will be loud (Not as loud as NDSU) There will probably be around 10k at the game. And it should sound pretty loud for the number of people that are in there, given the type of structure of the Alerus Center.

caribbeanhen
November 28th, 2016, 04:05 PM

I'm not sure who your referring to but word to the wise, watch your wallet on here......

caribbeanhen
November 28th, 2016, 07:42 PM
Richmond fans, take note the Rocco to Delaware rumors are heating up via the New Journal UD Football beat writer Kevin Tresolini..... all rumors now

BigHouseClosedEnd
November 28th, 2016, 08:52 PM
^^We are aware.

cx500d
November 28th, 2016, 08:56 PM
Its hard for me to call this. Not sure if Richmond is healthy, and UND has been off for 3 weeks. As a loyal North Dakotan, for games not involving the Bison, I'll root for UND. I would be happy to see an all ND natty game, but I don't think that is in the cards as I have doubt either team will make it this year.

centennial
November 28th, 2016, 09:01 PM
Richmond fans, take note the Rocco to Delaware rumors are heating up via the New Journal UD Football beat writer Kevin Tresolini..... all rumors now
I disliked it when South Dakota stole WIU's coaches. Don't like it now either with Delaware.

Spider from the North
November 28th, 2016, 09:14 PM
I'd like to know what Delaware thinks they have to offer that Richmond does not. It's certainly not salary, commitment, facilities or campus. Some coaches may be more attracted to programs with minimal entrance requirements because it increases the pool of recruits, but I cannot think of any other benefit which Delaware might afford. I tend to believe that the local Delaware columnist creating this rumor is mistaking a wish-list for a list of interested applicants. Either that or Rocco's agent is feeding the rumor to increase the likelihood of a larger salary or bonus for the coach and/or the assistants. Time will tell.

caribbeanhen
November 28th, 2016, 09:20 PM
I'd like to know what Delaware thinks they have to offer that Richmond does not. It's certainly not salary, commitment, facilities or campus. Some coaches may be more attracted to programs with minimal entrance requirements because it increases the pool of recruits, but I cannot think of any other benefit which Delaware might afford. I tend to believe that the local Delaware columnist creating this rumor is mistaking a wish-list for a list of interested applicants. Either that or Rocco's agent is feeding the rumor to increase the likelihood of a larger salary or bonus for the coach and/or the assistants. Time will tell.

A stadium? and not seats that look like your at a tennis match with a track around it? And one more thing, maybe Delaware is dangling the FBS carrot ..... haha

F'N Hawks
November 28th, 2016, 09:23 PM
Is this thread supposed to have a poll linked to it?

bisonboone11
November 29th, 2016, 12:23 AM

I have been to a couple Montana games there (wife went to Montana) and the speakers are obnoxiously loud sitting in the visitor section. Once the music turns off as the players get up to the line, it quiets down a lot.

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

Kemo
November 29th, 2016, 02:43 AM
xlolx I should check the Nova board he does that for SDSU as well

I'll make it easy for you...

https://villanova.forums.rivals.com/threads/nova-vs-sdsu-playoffs-2016.38297/

F'N Hawks
November 29th, 2016, 07:53 AM
I have been to a couple Montana games there (wife went to Montana) and the speakers are obnoxiously loud sitting in the visitor section. Once the music turns off as the players get up to the line, it quiets down a lot.

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

If this was 2014 that would be valuable information. Things change when the team actually wins.

Not saying it's the loudest venue in America. But it can get pretty loud on third downs, etc.

Thumper 76
November 29th, 2016, 09:00 AM

xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx

Bisonator
November 29th, 2016, 09:21 AM

Jesus that place is dead. Lakes appears to be the only life on there. Pump it up Lakes!xlolx

F'N Hawks
November 29th, 2016, 09:26 AM
Jesus that place is dead. Lakes appears to be the only life on there. Pump it up Lakes!xlolx

:Dxlolx He must be wondering what the hell is going on!

Bison56
November 29th, 2016, 10:57 AM
Is this thread supposed to have a poll linked to it?

Yes

Nodak78
November 29th, 2016, 11:40 AM
Yes
Well as Larry's the cable guy says. Get er dun. lol

MacThor
November 29th, 2016, 11:54 AM
I PM'd Matt to ask him to add a poll.

JMU_71
November 29th, 2016, 11:56 AM
Of course we will. I will be fun to und a dose of their own medicine. Go Richmond Spatters.

FIFY

Matt
November 29th, 2016, 12:01 PM
I will definitely add a poll assuming someone tells me how. Sorry, Ive never added a poll, im still relatively new, and also i am hugely dumb.

- - - Updated - - -

Never mind i figured it out. adding now

Matt
November 29th, 2016, 12:05 PM
Sorry. I didn't realize OP had to make a poll on a thread. My bad.

Nodak78
November 29th, 2016, 01:30 PM
I will definitely add a poll assuming someone tells me how. Sorry, Ive never added a poll, im still relatively new, and also i am hugely dumb.

- - - Updated - - -

Never mind i figured it out. adding now

You the man. thanks.xthumbsupx

IBleedYellow
November 29th, 2016, 03:29 PM
http://www.grandforksherald.com/sports/und-football/4168760-und-has-sold-6453-tickets-saturdays-home-playoff-game-tuesday-morning

Lots of time left...but that's not exactly encouraging.

F'N Hawks
November 29th, 2016, 03:49 PM
Take a look at the other games. Pretty average all around, minus NDSU.

70MilesFromCanada
November 29th, 2016, 04:29 PM
Some UND injury update information from the Grand Forks Herald:

Grand Fork Herald: Tom Miller: November 29, 2016

The UND football team is as healthy this week as anyone could expect at this time of the year. Here’s a brief summary of what’s out there:

Who is out for sure?
The Fighting Hawks have five players out for the season with injuries: Cornerback Tyus Carter, wide receiver Clive Georges, fullback Jacob Francis, tackle Mat Cox and linebacker Dijon Murray.

Who is close to coming back?
Wide receiver Luke Stanley, linebacker Taj Rich and tackle A.J. Stockwell. All three players practiced Monday at the High Performance Center, although Stockwell remains off this week’s depth chart. Stockwell just played on the first series in UND’s win against Northern Arizona to close the regular season. If Stockwell can’t go against Richmond, UND will stick with the lineup of (left to right) Coe, Bell, Aplin, Taylor, Blair, although I wouldn’t be surprised to see some plays with Rooney at center and Aplin at guard. As for Rich, I’d be surprised to see him go because he hasn’t practiced in so long, however, I’m sure it’s nice for the senior to get back out there and dress for practice at least.

Who appreciated the bye?
Quarterback Keaton Studsrud, offensive lineman Michael Coe and linebacker Brian Labat. I’m sure there’s a lot of others that could join this list, but these guys stand out. Studsrud especially needed the time to improve his shoulder injury that caused the junior captain to miss the final road game of the season at Northern Colorado.

Anyone else you’re curious about? This was off the top of my head, so I’m guessing I missed someone …

PantherRob82
November 29th, 2016, 04:46 PM
http://www.grandforksherald.com/sports/und-football/4168760-und-has-sold-6453-tickets-saturdays-home-playoff-game-tuesday-morning

That seems like a good start.

MTfan4life
November 29th, 2016, 06:28 PM
That seems like a good start.

By Tuesday afternoon in a hockey obsessed town/university, yeah that's a great number. Sure the December cold adds a factor, but even Washington-Grizzly doesn't usually get a full sellout until the semifinals.

Hammersmith
November 29th, 2016, 11:16 PM

The following is why NDSU fans sometimes laugh at(or yell at) our local media:

The story linked above was posted on the Grand Forks Herald website at 1:46pm with the headline:
"UND has sold 6,453 tickets for Saturday's home playoff game as of Tuesday morning"

Sometime before 5:30pm, the Fargo Forum(parent company of the GFH) posted the same article with the following headline:
"Ticket sales lag for UND football's first playoff appearance since 2007"

Apparently someone didn't like that, because the article was reposted at 10:05pm with an altered headline:
"Ticket sales booming for UND football as playoff appearance looms"

Here are the three links, though the first Forum link now redirects to the altered article.
http://www.inforum.com/sports/4168829-ticket-sales-lag-und-footballs-first-playoff-appearance-2007
http://www.inforum.com/sports/4168829-ticket-sales-booming-und-football-playoff-appearance-looms

Who says journalistic integrity is dead?
[/sarcasm]

UNDBIZ
November 30th, 2016, 08:53 AM
The following is why NDSU fans sometimes laugh at(or yell at) our local media:

The story linked above was posted on the Grand Forks Herald website at 1:46pm with the headline:
"UND has sold 6,453 tickets for Saturday's home playoff game as of Tuesday morning"

Sometime before 5:30pm, the Fargo Forum(parent company of the GFH) posted the same article with the following headline:
"Ticket sales lag for UND football's first playoff appearance since 2007"

Apparently someone didn't like that, because the article was reposted at 10:05pm with an altered headline:
"Ticket sales booming for UND football as playoff appearance looms"

Here are the three links, though the first Forum link now redirects to the altered article.
http://www.inforum.com/sports/4168829-ticket-sales-lag-und-footballs-first-playoff-appearance-2007
http://www.inforum.com/sports/4168829-ticket-sales-booming-und-football-playoff-appearance-looms

Who says journalistic integrity is dead?
[/sarcasm]

The "Ticket sale booming" headline comes across as Fargo d-bag sarcasm.

Bison56
November 30th, 2016, 10:01 AM
The "Ticket sale booming" headline comes across as Fargo d-bag sarcasm.

http://www.reactiongifs.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/02/jlaw-nod.gif (http://www.google.com/url?sa=i&rct=j&q=&esrc=s&source=images&cd=&cad=rja&uact=8&ved=0ahUKEwiXjrWC7dDQAhUk4YMKHbGwB7IQjRwIBw&url=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.reactiongifs.com%2Fyeah-okay-whatever%2F&psig=AFQjCNGA0FBkxw2pkTPCOp7iEDx_48ctAw&ust=1480608018855489)

F'N Hawks
November 30th, 2016, 11:56 AM
http://www.reactiongifs.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/02/jlaw-nod.gif (http://www.google.com/url?sa=i&rct=j&q=&esrc=s&source=images&cd=&cad=rja&uact=8&ved=0ahUKEwiXjrWC7dDQAhUk4YMKHbGwB7IQjRwIBw&url=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.reactiongifs.com%2Fyeah-okay-whatever%2F&psig=AFQjCNGA0FBkxw2pkTPCOp7iEDx_48ctAw&ust=1480608018855489)

Well, it was the Forum Director who changed it. Just happens to be a huge NDSU guy. But I digress.

Bisonator
November 30th, 2016, 12:33 PM
Well, it was the Forum Director who changed it. Just happens to be a huge NDSU guy. But I digress.

And who would that be? The only "huge NDSU guy" at the Forum that I'm aware of is Kolpack.

Wilson16
November 30th, 2016, 08:14 PM
Compared to bisonville this place is easy street
Siouxville ain't as easy as you all say it is

UNDBIZ
November 30th, 2016, 08:25 PM
Siouxville ain't as easy as you all say it is

😓
Are you the one who just received a warning for trolling?

F'N Hawks
December 1st, 2016, 10:22 AM
If the total is 48 we could be in trouble -- having watched your highlights I would expect a higher scoring game.

I just saw the spread on twitter: UND -1.5. The game total is 51.

Jacked_Rabbit
December 1st, 2016, 11:45 AM
UND -1.5 on 5dimes

BigHouseClosedEnd
December 1st, 2016, 07:37 PM
Freshman QB on the road against a well rested team and just a point and a half dog. Pretty stinky.

Schism55
December 1st, 2016, 08:29 PM
With the swirling rumors of Rocco to UD, does that affect Spiders play at all?

BigHouseClosedEnd
December 1st, 2016, 08:37 PM
You never know, but based on everything I'm reading and hearing, I am expecting business as usual.

CappinHard
December 2nd, 2016, 01:11 AM
UND -1.5 on 5dimes

Am I the only one that really likes UND at -1.5?!

Hammerhead
December 2nd, 2016, 08:00 AM
LOL at the local newscasts on the CBS and NBC affiliate (same newsteam) that show a Bison Logo on the weather forecast when the Bison are at home, but still not F'ing Hawks logo. Their signal covers both the Fargo and Grand Forks areas.

F'N Hawks
December 2nd, 2016, 08:05 AM
NDSU pays or negotiated to have their logo on the newscast as part of the KVLY broadcast package. Really not that hard to figure out. Take a lap.

Green1
December 2nd, 2016, 09:24 AM
NDSU pays or negotiated to have their logo on the newscast as part of the KVLY broadcast package. Really not that hard to figure out. Take a lap.

Maybe if UND didn't waste hundreds of thousands of dollars researching, forming committees, voting, re-forming committees, voting and designing a new mascot/logo they would have enough money to have logo on the local news. Really not that hard to figure out.

F'N Hawks
December 2nd, 2016, 09:33 AM
Maybe if UND didn't waste hundreds of thousands of dollars researching, forming committees, voting, re-forming committees, voting and designing a new mascot/logo they would have enough money to have logo on the local news. Really not that hard to figure out.

Good comeback.

Green1
December 2nd, 2016, 09:36 AM
Good comeback.

I couldn't resist. It's hard to find a smack talking Torero fan this week. :D

Matt
December 2nd, 2016, 10:56 AM
With the swirling rumors of Rocco to UD, does that affect Spiders play at all?

I would expect not. Team is almost entirely upper classmen, many of them seniors. Football playing career on the line for most. They want to win for them, so Rocco possibly leaving won't factor. Also, I'd be truly shocked if he left (especially for fkn Delaware). Im thinking the interview he gave might have been to give himself some extra leverage in negotiating this off-season.

deez_na
December 2nd, 2016, 11:01 AM
UND needs to slow their passing attack down. UND won't win a shootout imo but if they contain their passing game and have their rushing game clicking, they should pull this out by 3-7 points.

Sioux24/7
December 2nd, 2016, 11:11 AM
UND needs to slow their passing attack down. UND won't win a shootout imo but if they contain their passing game and have their rushing game clicking, they should pull this out by 3-7 points.

I have to agree with this. If the game is a blowout it will be in Richmond's favor not UND's.

siouxfan512
December 2nd, 2016, 11:27 AM
Per a Spider fan on SiouxSports, Kevin Johnson is questionable for the game with an illness. May not be ready to go by tomorrow, in which case they would revert to one of the backups that played in the W&M game, both of whom I read looked brutal. Could be a huge factor in tomorrow's game.

Even if he does play, you have to wonder how well he plays if he is still recovering. Wonder what he picked up. Yet another bit of adversity for the Spiders, who can't seem to catch a break.

F'N Hawks
December 2nd, 2016, 12:00 PM
Per a Spider fan on SiouxSports, Kevin Johnson is questionable for the game with an illness. May not be ready to go by tomorrow, in which case they would revert to one of the backups that played in the W&M game, both of whom I read looked brutal. Could be a huge factor in tomorrow's game.

Even if he does play, you have to wonder how well he plays if he is still recovering. Wonder what he picked up. Yet another bit of adversity for the Spiders, who can't seem to catch a break.

I would guess he will be just fine. The guy who wrote it is a clown.

BigHouseClosedEnd
December 2nd, 2016, 12:04 PM

Johnson did not appear to be on his death's door before the plane took off from RVA last night.

https://twitter.com/MalBevels/status/804481878510206976

Schism55
December 2nd, 2016, 12:16 PM
Johnson did not appear to be on his death's door before the plane took off from RVA last night.

https://twitter.com/MalBevels/status/804481878510206976
Is that pickle photo shopped? If not, WTF

PantherRob82
December 2nd, 2016, 12:26 PM
Is that pickle photo shopped? If not, WTF

He was rolling a joint so they replaced it with a pickle. xlolx

siouxfan512
December 2nd, 2016, 12:40 PM

That is really dumb, if that is the case.

siouxfan512
December 2nd, 2016, 12:55 PM

You’re correct. It was just a bad joke. Not sure why he thought that was funny, but it sounds like KJ will play.

Bisonator
December 2nd, 2016, 01:20 PM
You’re correct. It was just a bad joke. Not sure why he thought that was funny, but it sounds like KJ will play.
It's funny that you bought it.

http://cdn.onextrapixel.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/03/hook.jpg

siouxfan512
December 2nd, 2016, 01:45 PM
Guy is talking about the game and says a player is sick. Its not all that far fetched, but glad you have an easy sense of humor.

Bisonator
December 2nd, 2016, 01:53 PM
Guy is talking about the game and says a player is sick. Its not all that far fetched, but glad you have an easy sense of humor.
http://s2.quickmeme.com/img/27/27dd39065116dd636291836c3b557377bd42c8e34d83bce986 e9ff4fe0e604f0.jpg

Bison56
December 2nd, 2016, 02:07 PM
He was rolling a joint so they replaced it with a pickle. xlolx
xbowx

siouxfan512
December 2nd, 2016, 02:09 PM
http://s2.quickmeme.com/img/27/27dd39065116dd636291836c3b557377bd42c8e34d83bce986 e9ff4fe0e604f0.jpg

haha, its 2:00 on a Friday. I'll lighten up in a few short hours. Ready for a weekend, and a lot of football. :)

Bisonator
December 2nd, 2016, 02:15 PM
haha, its 2:00 on a Friday. I'll lighten up in a few short hours. Ready for a weekend, and a lot of football. :)
xthumbsupx

geaux_sioux
December 2nd, 2016, 02:15 PM
Richmond is now a 3 point favorite on 5dimes

CappinHard
December 2nd, 2016, 02:49 PM
Richmond is now a 3 point favorite on 5dimes

3.5 now... Any injury news?

Big Duke
December 2nd, 2016, 04:00 PM
5.5 now. Same thing happened when we played them. Some of your old alumni must bet heavy starting gameday eve.

BigHouseClosedEnd
December 2nd, 2016, 04:26 PM
3.5 now... Any injury news?

Perhaps, but honestly, this point spread was begging for UND money when it was released. Perhaps it never arrived.

oldmantutters
December 2nd, 2016, 04:56 PM
5.5 now. Same thing happened when we played them. Some of your old alumni must bet heavy starting gameday eve.
Its because all of the UND peeps are going to donate "over a million dollars" at a fundraiser in NYC this weekend according to a poster at Bisonville. No money left to bet with.

Sent from my VS995 using Tapatalk

70MilesFromCanada
December 2nd, 2016, 05:21 PM

Logo on the local news? Wow, I wonder what that does?
Recruitment? Sell more tickets?
Give me a break. It's a total waste of money for whatever team does it.
xcoffeex

Laker
December 2nd, 2016, 05:39 PM
Patrick Reusse of the Minneapolis Star-Tribune calls North Dakota the State of Football. Mentions UND, NDSU and how they got to the playoffs.

http://www.startribune.com/flickertail-state-north-dakota-could-be-called-the-football-state-too/404349566/

F'N Hawks
December 2nd, 2016, 06:02 PM
All it takes is $200 to move the line a point. Very volatile with low max bets. So they have gotten a handful of max bets is my guess.

F'N Hawks
December 2nd, 2016, 06:05 PM
6.5 now. OOC.

Green1
December 2nd, 2016, 06:51 PM
xcoffeex

Its called Branding. It works.

I don't know how seriously I can take a UND fan lecturing me about NDSU's recruitment, ticket sales or fiscal responsibility.

Good luck on your first FCS playoff game tomorrow. Hope you sell some more tickets.

BigHouseClosedEnd
December 2nd, 2016, 06:56 PM
Someone on the Richmond board commented that the UND uniforms look like they are out of an Eastbay catalog.

It made me laugh.

Wilson16
December 2nd, 2016, 07:13 PM

Are you the one who just received a warning for trolling?
Nope

CappinHard
December 2nd, 2016, 08:34 PM
Someone on the Richmond board commented that the UND uniforms look like they are out of an Eastbay catalog.

It made me laugh.

Lol, I forgot all about Eastbay catalogs. I used to drool over them in high school and wish I could have all of the shoes. I do agree though, UNDs jerseys are bad.

CappinHard
December 2nd, 2016, 08:36 PM
6.5 now. OOC.

I wish this didn't feel like a trap, because I think UND will win this game outright.

F'N Hawks
December 2nd, 2016, 08:49 PM
I wish this didn't feel like a trap, because I think UND will win this game outright.

Just waitin' for the money line....

Jacked_Rabbit
December 3rd, 2016, 08:34 AM
Holy *****!!!! This line is up to Rich -7?!?! Opened at UND-1. Wow!

F'N Hawks
December 3rd, 2016, 10:03 AM
Now Richmond -2. Smart money just came in.

Bison56
December 3rd, 2016, 10:41 AM
xcoffeex