PDA

View Full Version : Congrats Wofford. Great win, great fans and great team.

Bucs2016
November 26th, 2016, 05:06 PM
This one hurts. It sucks 2 teams this good had to be matched in round 1. Regionalization sucks.

Our freshman QB was a deer in headlights. Not ready for playoff football. The Wofford D line played out of this world. We had our chances. Gave up a safety after a blocked punt. Drove into possible field goal range and threw 2 ugly unforced picks as well as 2 VERY untimely holding and false start penalties. Ugggh. Can't do that vs a team like Wofford or you get your butt beat and we did.

The Terriers play GREAT defense. Their punter is a monster. What a weapon. Offense...they're very disciplined, efficient and make no mistakes. Very difficult opponent to beat.

Sat on Wofford side with some common friends. WC fans were very nice and courteous. Had a blast. My prayers go out to the player who got hurt. Looked bad.

Good luck Terriers. You have an outstanding team. I'll be rooting for yall in Charleston next week.

*And Citadel....looks like you avoided the 5-peat loss to CSU for at least a year. See yall in 2018...or 2017 playoff.

spdram
November 26th, 2016, 05:14 PM
looked like a heck of a game

Bucs2016
November 26th, 2016, 05:17 PM
looked like a heck of a game

It was. Two of the nation's best defenses slugging it out.

We all said turnovers and special teams would win this game. It did. CSU turned it over 2x and had a punt blocked. Wofford had 0 turnovers and their punter absolutely crippled us with his bombs he was booting. They are one hell of a team.

GoldandBlack
November 26th, 2016, 05:58 PM
Let me return the compliment to the Bucs- I couldn't take a deep breath for four quarters.

Both teams left it on the field- a big difference was that we had a junior quarterback,
and yours was a freshman, although neither one was the starter to begin this year.
Bucenell played a heck of a game, and made a couple of critical errors in tough situations.
He will be a good one for you the next few years.

The game was exactly as billed- a slugfest.

Bucs2016
November 26th, 2016, 06:05 PM
Let me return the compliment to the Bucs- I couldn't take a deep breath for four quarters.

Both teams left it on the field- a big difference was that we had a junior quarterback,
and yours was a freshman, although neither one was the starter to begin this year.
Bucenell played a heck of a game, and made a couple of critical errors in tough situations.
He will be a good one for you the next few years.

The game was exactly as billed- a slugfest.

Yep. We tip our hat to yall. That was clearly the best 1st round game in the whole playoff. The margin for error was so slim due to both defenses being so good. Your defense disguised the coverage in that final game ending interception. Appeared to show cover 3 then shift to 2 at the snap (I'll watch replay later but that's how it appeared)...baited our QB into a bad read and that was the ballgame. It was a thing of beauty if it wasn't happening to us.

Very classy fans and players. I'll be rooting for the Terriers next week!

dungeonjoe
November 26th, 2016, 07:08 PM
For a second time this season, I have been in a hushed stadium with a hurt Wofford player on the ground and no one sure how extensive the injury was. CSU was very, very classy in all of uncertainty. They huddled for prayer and came to the cart middle of the field as the Wofford player was taken from the field.

There are moments I will remember this year... that will be one of them.

Heck of a game all around.

CID1990
November 26th, 2016, 08:47 PM
This one hurts. It sucks 2 teams this good had to be matched in round 1. Regionalization sucks.

Our freshman QB was a deer in headlights. Not ready for playoff football. The Wofford D line played out of this world. We had our chances. Gave up a safety after a blocked punt. Drove into possible field goal range and threw 2 ugly unforced picks as well as 2 VERY untimely holding and false start penalties. Ugggh. Can't do that vs a team like Wofford or you get your butt beat and we did.

The Terriers play GREAT defense. Their punter is a monster. What a weapon. Offense...they're very disciplined, efficient and make no mistakes. Very difficult opponent to beat.

Sat on Wofford side with some common friends. WC fans were very nice and courteous. Had a blast. My prayers go out to the player who got hurt. Looked bad.

Good luck Terriers. You have an outstanding team. I'll be rooting for yall in Charleston next week.

*And Citadel....looks like you avoided the 5-peat loss to CSU for at least a year. See yall in 2018...or 2017 playoff.

Literally every lead off post you make has a reference to The Citadel. Tell me again how CSU somehow lives in our heads?

I'll just leave this here:

If you want to be the man, you have to beat the man (or the man in front of the man you want to be)

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Bisonator
November 26th, 2016, 08:49 PM
Congrats to the Terriers!

Bucs2016
November 26th, 2016, 08:52 PM
For a second time this season, I have been in a hushed stadium with a hurt Wofford player on the ground and no one sure how extensive the injury was. CSU was very, very classy in all of uncertainty. They huddled for prayer and came to the cart middle of the field as the Wofford player was taken from the field.

There are moments I will remember this year... that will be one of them.

Heck of a game all around.

I heard Coach Ayers after the game said the kid is going to be ok! Thank God. Reminds us all how meaningless the game actually is doesn't it?

Bucs2016
November 26th, 2016, 08:54 PM
Literally every lead off post you make has a reference to The Citadel. Tell me again how CSU somehow lives in our heads?

I'll just leave this here:

If you want to be the man, you have to beat the man (or the man in front of the man you want to be)

Yes. We are ready to 5-peat you guys. Just waiting for the chance. Sadly we ran into a better team today and will have to wait. 4x in a row will have to do for now.

CID1990
November 27th, 2016, 07:45 AM
Yes. We are ready to 5-peat you guys. Just waiting for the chance. Sadly we ran into a better team today and will have to wait. 4x in a row will have to do for now.

When you mark it on your The Citadel calendar in pink hearts, make sure to come mark it on ours too, so we don't forget, sweetheart.

And stay away from our rabbit.

Mocs123
November 27th, 2016, 08:50 AM
Congrats to Wofford. I knew it would be a defensive slugfest. You made the SoCon proud. It's a shame one SoCon team will be eliminated by default this week.

CockyGeek
November 27th, 2016, 09:07 AM
Way to go Wofford. I'm still upset over the playoff beatdown we got from y'all a few years ago.

Sent from my VS986 using Tapatalk

Bucs2016
November 27th, 2016, 10:05 AM
When you mark it on your The Citadel calendar in pink hearts, make sure to come mark it on ours too, so we don't forget, sweetheart.

And stay away from our rabbit.

Whoa. Tone it down Skip I don't roll like that....

blakegordon3
November 28th, 2016, 03:01 PM

With CSU's piss poor academic standards I'm sure the SUCKS will probably get players that are majoring in Basketweaving!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

crabby terrier
November 28th, 2016, 03:18 PM
I posted this in a different thread but will put here too:

I am a bit late getting on here for this post but I would be remiss if I neglected it any longer.

Hats off to CSU coaches, staff and especially the players! They showed a tremendous amount of class and team sportsmanship when our LB, Lincoln Stewart went down with what appeared, at the time, to be a severe neck injury. Luckily, he will be ok. They were all very concerned and reverent while he was being attended to by our and their medical staff. When he was finally placed on the cart and leaving the field, ALL of their players, coaches and staff came out on the field to wish him luck! It was beautiful! You all have a lot to be proud of!!!

CSU was a tough opponent! Good luck next year!

GO TERRIERS!!!