PDA

View Full Version : What playoff game should I actually try to watch?

caribbeanhen
November 24th, 2016, 07:39 PM
Seeing they are just killing the playoffs with regionalization, followed by 8 games on espn3 at once ..... any thoughts on what game or games I should try to watch?

here are my random thoughts as I look at the list of games... remember, PC is finally out so don't get your feelings hurt

Cal Poly vs San Diego - game has already been played, the curiosity would be to take a peak to see just how bad a the best Pioneer team actually looks, Cal Poly is tanking a bit and San Diego is probably going to make this a closer game than most think... Cal Poly should be sent East to square up against the Citadel.... or Nova.... give us a football game to watch

St Francis vs Villanova - when thinking about how this game will go I keep getting interrupted by the sound of the Cheerleaders coming in over the silent gathering .... you know it's a first round playoff game at Nova when you can hear them.... oh boy, Nova will probably be in for more of game than they bargained for here.... pull the thing out so you can play So Dak state...

Lehigh vs New Hampshire - another game where you will be able to see people standing in line to buy chowda and beer.... followed by the Porta Potty - should be a very entertaining game though, I look forward to seeing the Lehigh receivers and Dominic Bragalone..... as for UNH, They wont go down easy and I like there RB... He might have a big day against Lehigh and UNH will need him to have one.

Webber State vs Chatty - Well I guess this is one of the more interesting match ups, not for me though, at least they are not from the same conference, of course all of AGS wants Chatty to win because of the secret admiration for the Chattomanwocs ..... never heard so much love for a poster....

Illinois State vs Central Arkansas - well again another 6-5 MFVC team gets in, I'm ok with it as 8 years ago I was for 7 CAA teams getting in..... it's all good. As for this match up, Ill State has been on a roll and we still don't know how good or not so good Central Ark is with the that questionable Southland sked..... interesting game on an ugly field, I will not be watching this one!

North Carolina ANT vs Richmond - Tarik Cohen gets untracked and the Raid ed spiders might get shocked here... according to the fan base of the Capitol of the Confederate, the entire team is out with various injuries, a real shame about the QB, I hate to see that

Samford and Son at Rustbelt town - I don't know, some might think this is interesting match up ... So Co vs MVFC but it hasn't captivated me..... I'll be skipping this one.... wont be surprised to see Samford get the win, surely Youngstown has a weak link DB that will be exploited by the Samford QB

Charleston So at Wofford - these are probably the combined 2 best teams meeting in first round game, they are going to pound each other... Surely in small pockets of South Carolina people are excited about this game, and truthfully it is a good FCS match up, and I like the Single Wing or T option Citadel is running anyway.....

so after all that I don't have a clue which one of these vanilla games to watch on Saturday, but if you put a gun to my head it would probably be Lehigh vs UNH followed by Wofford vs Charleston Southern

next round should be a lot more interesting

open for ideas... Why should I watch your team?

JSUSoutherner
November 24th, 2016, 07:49 PM
Personally, I'll start by watching the Wofford Chuck South game and then flip to the UCA/ ISUr game when it comes on. Then I'll watch the Samford/ YSU. I'll be keeping up with UTC game on my phone.

Thumper 76
November 24th, 2016, 08:06 PM
I'm most interested in YSU Samford, ISUr UCA, Chucky Woffy, and Nova StFU

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Laker
November 24th, 2016, 08:15 PM
I might drive to Sioux Falls to watch them host Harding, who runs the triple option. Both are unbeaten in the second round of the D2 playoffs.

RootinFerDukes
November 24th, 2016, 08:24 PM
If I didn't have direct interest, which I do in the Lehigh/UNH game, I usually just watch other CAA teams. After that, whichever game is the most "intriguing" and closest. If it's a blowout, I turn it off as its now boring.

FUBeAR
November 24th, 2016, 08:32 PM
I will use 2 PC's Chromecasted to 2 TV's along with ESPN3's Multi-Screen capability and watch all 8 at once.

Isn't everyone else doing that?

BisonTru
November 24th, 2016, 08:32 PM
I'm going to have two TVs going and the laptop on quad screen. Should be able to watch all of them.

If I had guess which games will be the closest. In order.
Lehigh UNH
UCA ISU
CSU Wofford
YSU Samford

I have no idea how the Richmond game will go.

The last three games shouldn't be close, but AGS.

caribbeanhen
November 24th, 2016, 09:14 PM
I will use 2 PC's Chromecasted to 2 TV's along with ESPN3's Multi-Screen capability and watch all 8 at once.

Isn't everyone else doing that?

the problem with this plan is you can really tune in your focus on one game.... eyes jumping around like a 17 year old on his first port of call

ElCid
November 24th, 2016, 09:50 PM
I will be on the road unfortunately and unable to watch any of them. Crap. But I think the CSU/Wofford, Lehigh/UNH, UCA/ISU, and Samford/YSU games are the best ones. Which probably means they will all be blow outs and the apparent blow outs will be close. Already got my tickets to see whichever team (CSU or Wofford) play my Dogs.

CHIP72
November 24th, 2016, 10:01 PM
The St. Francis/Villanova game makes sense to watch because of the UD/VU rivalry angle.

jmufan999
November 24th, 2016, 11:21 PM
of course Lehigh/UNH for obvious reasons, but i'm also intrigued by Chuck South and YSU/Samford.

caribbeanhen
November 25th, 2016, 06:38 AM
I will be on the road unfortunately and unable to watch any of them. Crap. But I think the CSU/Wofford, Lehigh/UNH, UCA/ISU, and Samford/YSU games are the best ones. Which probably means they will all be blow outs and the apparent blow outs will be close. Already got my tickets to see whichever team (CSU or Wofford) play my Dogs.

on the road can mean several different types of on the road, but you can always use the ESPN3 App on your conveniently placed cell phone while driving, like up on the dash

MR. CHICKEN
November 25th, 2016, 07:20 AM
on the road can mean several different types of on the road, but you can always use the ESPN3 App on your conveniently placed cell phone while driving, like up on the dash

......JES'......DON'T REAR-END UH SEMI.....OR.....UH STATE TROOPER..........AWK!

...PRIORITY....AH'M WATCHIN' CAA TEAMS.......&....IFIN' POSSIBLE.........CAL-PO....TA...CHECK OUT DEY'RE OPTION........RAWAK!

Sammy94
November 25th, 2016, 07:45 AM
My schedule...Weber St / Chat on the tv, UCA / Ill st on the ipad, New Hamp / Lehigh on the phone.

Gangtackle11
November 25th, 2016, 08:22 AM
I'll be at StFU-Nova game. Keeping an eye on UNH-Lehigh with interest. Maybe Cal Poly-USD for the semi-final matchup vs. Nova. (That should get a response or 2) xpeacex

Gangtackle11
November 25th, 2016, 08:23 AM
My schedule...Weber St / Chat on the tv, UCA / Ill st on the ipad, New Hamp / Lehigh on the phone.

You can watch 4 games at a time on ESPN3.

RootinFerDukes
November 25th, 2016, 08:26 AM
You can watch 4 games at a time on ESPN3.

I believe that's only available if you're watching on a laptop through an Internet browser.

Samalum'10
November 25th, 2016, 09:49 AM
I wouldn't waste your time with chatty, they won't be around after next weekend.

BEAR
November 25th, 2016, 10:20 AM
I'll be at the Ill St at UCA game of course. Sadly they will put the cameras on the homeside and focus them on the away side...which usually is empty to a third full. Students are gone for Thanksgiving break. Deer are in the woods. No advertising by our administration for this game. Attendance will suck unless some miracle happens.

caribbeanhen
November 25th, 2016, 10:34 AM
......JES'......DON'T REAR-END UH SEMI.....OR.....UH STATE TROOPER..........AWK!

...PRIORITY....AH'M WATCHIN' CAA TEAMS.......&....IFIN' POSSIBLE.........CAL-PO....TA...CHECK OUT DEY'RE OPTION........RAWAK!

safe Travels El Cid,

A few years ago I had pulled over for looking at the map feature in my cell phone, the Tropper told me it was illegal to use my cell phone while driving, as I was fiddling around for rental car papers, I told the tropper I had been driving while reading a Rand McNally map for years and never got pulled over for that, I was just looking for a nice place to eat on my Map..... Unbelievable he smiled and told me to be gone and have a nice day

So again some time later, this time in NYC, I was looking at my cell while driving (don't try this at home kids) when one of New Yorks finest pulled me over to the side, Again he told me it was now illegal to be driving while operating a cell phone, I went to the well again with the Rand McNally story, not a cell phone at all Officer, this is a map...... Next thing I heard was "ged ouddadun cah" ..