PDA

View Full Version : NC A&T @ Richmond (winner to U. North Dakota)

kdinva
November 24th, 2016, 01:54 PM
Can't believe no thread started about this game.......so I will

http://www.richmond.com/sports/article_270f162e-026e-5b72-b6c3-6cb869d4d70c.html

I hope as many Spider fans/boosters/parents go to the stadium as possible, I predict A&T will bring well over 1,000, plus their band....

Serpentor
November 24th, 2016, 02:11 PM
In before either Thumper or Kingpin needlessly insert the Bearkats into the conversation...

tribefan40
November 24th, 2016, 02:49 PM
Can't believe no thread started about this game.......so I will

http://www.richmond.com/sports/article_270f162e-026e-5b72-b6c3-6cb869d4d70c.html

I hope as many Spider fans/boosters/parents go to the stadium as possible, I predict A&T will bring well over 1,000, plus their band....

Doesn't matter. Neither team put in enough work in the weight room this past off season to keep up with the Fighting Hawks.

F'N Hawks
November 24th, 2016, 04:05 PM
Doesn't matter. Neither team put in enough work in the weight room this past off season to keep up with the Fighting Hawks.

I think we have now seen how much work they did put in. Rest of bracket = ****ED.

Thumper 76
November 24th, 2016, 04:12 PM
Rest of bracket = ****ED.

Well they are called the F'N Hawks for a reason...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

70MilesFromCanada
November 24th, 2016, 05:02 PM
I think we have now seen how much work they did put in. Rest of bracket = ****ED.

While the players were hitting the weights last winter the coaches were getting busy. GF Herald reports on some bye-week babies for 3 football coaches.

http://www.grandforksherald.com/sports/und-football/4166071-bye-week-babies-3-und-football-coaches-thankful-extra-time-home

Congrats.

dewey
November 24th, 2016, 07:59 PM
Boy has Richmond been snake bitten by injuries. A full strength Richmond team wins no problem but being down to the 3rd string quarterback, numerous running back injuries and their students safety being out may mean a win for the MEACHAM.

Dewey

BisonFan02
November 24th, 2016, 08:01 PM
In before either Thumper or Kingpin needlessly insert the Bearkats into the conversation...

Jinx

RootinFerDukes
November 24th, 2016, 08:26 PM
Keep in mind that the meac has not won a playoff game since 1999 and has lost seventeen consecutive playoff games.
Every time people wonder if a meac team can win and every time they're proven wrong.

Richmond is still favored here, don't kid yourself.

Schism55
November 24th, 2016, 08:55 PM
Keep in mind that the meac has not won a playoff game since 1999 and has lost seventeen consecutive playoff games.
Every time people wonder if a meac team can win and every time they're proven wrong.

Richmond is still favored here, don't kid yourself.
Richmond is a 13 point favorite. With all their injuries though wouldn't be surprised to see A&T cover and make it close.

ur2k
November 24th, 2016, 10:13 PM
This game will be a struggle for UR considering we have no idea at this point who is playing QB,hopefully the coaches do.

jmufan999
November 24th, 2016, 11:11 PM
guys. COME ON. they're not f***ing losing to a MEAC team. here are the top songs from the last time the MEAC won a playoff game:

*Livin' La Vida Loca
*Hit Me Baby One More Time
*Genie In A Bottle

get the idea? that was an eternity ago. they've played teams with injury issues in that timeframe. it's very repetitive, and we should have learned this lesson long ago (some of us have): the MEAC team will have one or two excellent players who will play in the NFL, surrounded by many more players who are totally overmatched. it seems like it happens every time.

Richmond could just run wildcat the whole game, use their strong DL to control A&T's offense, and win the game. they don't have to dominate, but they will win.

Thumper 76
November 24th, 2016, 11:43 PM
The OVC went from 1996-2013 with one playoff win until EIU won one in 2013. So you can laugh at the idea of a MEAC team winning, but it's not impossible to think this could be a perfect storm situation.

jmufan999
November 24th, 2016, 11:46 PM
The OVC went from 1996-2013 with one playoff win until EIU won one in 2013. So you can laugh at the idea of a MEAC team winning, but it's not impossible to think this could be a perfect storm situation.

where did i laugh? there's nothing funny about it. i'm telling you that Richmond is going to win. would you like to go on record and say otherwise, or do you want to be vague and say that this "could" be a perfect storm? bottom line, who is going to win?

Thumper 76
November 24th, 2016, 11:47 PM
where did i laugh? there's nothing funny about it. i'm telling you that Richmond is going to win. would you like to go on record and say otherwise, or do you want to be vague and say that this "could" be a perfect storm? bottom line, who is going to win?

Actually I am already on record saying it I believe I picked A&T in my playoff prediction thread.

Edit: Yes I did pick them.

ming01
November 24th, 2016, 11:52 PM
Richmond is a 13 point favorite. With all their injuries though wouldn't be surprised to see A&T cover and make it close.

A&T has a really good RB. I think they keep it within 7 but Richmond pulls it out

jmufan999
November 24th, 2016, 11:53 PM
Actually I am already on record saying it I believe I picked A&T in my playoff prediction thread.

Edit: Yes I did pick them.

cool. thank you for not riding the fence, that's much appreciated. i'll be watching, as long as it's not on at the same time as the Lehigh/UNH game (haven't looked it up yet).

Thumper 76
November 24th, 2016, 11:58 PM
cool. thank you for not riding the fence, that's much appreciated. i'll be watching, as long as it's not on at the same time as the Lehigh/UNH game (haven't looked it up yet).

Yeah, never been called a fence rider before. I was just pointing out that in this situation dismissing the idea of a MEAC team winning because of past results in this unique situation might not be the way to go about it. In two years the OVC went from one playoff win in 15+ years to having a team in the title game. Never know what can happen.

In this game I like the idea of a team that is a big underdog that runs the ball well against a team that is really banged up on offense. To me if A&T can get a lead they won't need a ton of scoring to keep it and have the ability to grind down the clock. Will they? Who knows. Kent St certainly isn't a good FBS team, but beating them at least proves they should have the horses to compete with a injury plagued top 25 FCS team. Especially one that managed to get beat fairly handily to William and Mary.

JMU2K_DukeDawg
November 25th, 2016, 12:31 AM
William & Mary was an enigma this year. They brought back a lot of talent, including a Sr QB, from a team that performed much better last year. The drop off in W/Ls was strange. And Richmond/W&M - big rivalry game there. There was a ton of motivation for W&M despite being out of the playoffs. Richmond was virtually a playoff lock. Once Lauletta went down, they just packed it in. I see Richmond getting this W, but not advancing beyond that. Richmond's defense should hold up fine against NC A&T. The offense will find a way to get enough points.

Stonewall D
November 25th, 2016, 01:16 AM
This game will be won in the trenches. UR is no longer a finesse team.

Gangtackle11
November 25th, 2016, 02:28 AM
I like Richmond here by more than the 13 point spread. The demise of UR is greatly exaggerated for this game at least.

RootinFerDukes
November 25th, 2016, 05:41 AM
I watched the nccu/ncat game this past weekend and nccu won in part because they were able to shut down Tarik Cohen. If Richmond can do that, and I think they can as they have a good run defense, you'll quickly make nc A&T a very one dimensional team.
Richmond's defense will be better than NCAT's defense and you'll quickly see the size and speed differences between the top and bottom of Fcs talent.

If two JMU fans are saying the spiders are fine, what does that say?

Tribal
November 25th, 2016, 06:54 AM
UR is going to trounce AT&T.

One Tribe. One Family.

WileECoyote06
November 25th, 2016, 07:00 AM
If A&T had either their first or second string quarterbacks, I could see them pulling the upset. After all, the teams have a common opponent with a similar level of dominance against that opponent, Norfolk State. With both teams battling QB issues, it will be more difficult for the traveling team. I think A&T will cover though. Richmond 30 A&T 21.

POD Knows
November 25th, 2016, 08:35 AM
Whose dick did UND suck to get their conference schedule for this year and their spot in the bracket, this is a serious question.

Sorry, I hadn't trashed UND in writing for a couple days and was having withdrawals.

kdinva
November 25th, 2016, 08:51 AM
UND to get their conference schedule for this year and their spot in the bracket, this is a serious question.

Sorry, I hadn't trashed UND in writing for a couple days and was having withdrawals.

FB scheduling 101: when you have these "too large" conferences, someone has "to miss" someone. Just "luck" that UND missed EWU and Montana..

question for you: When will NSDU and UND have an annual "Rivalry" game? Ala Florida/FSU, or Ga./Ga. Tech, S. Carolina/CLemson......

POD Knows
November 25th, 2016, 08:55 AM
FB scheduling 101: when you have these "too large" conferences, someone has "to miss" someone. Just "luck" that UND missed EWU and Montana..

question for you: When will NSDU and UND have an annual "Rivalry" game? Ala Florida/FSU, or Ga./Ga. Tech, S. Carolina/CLemson......

Yea, I completely understand how the brackets work, Montana would have been another cream puff game. I was just breaking balls.

Answer to your question, it will happen if and when they joint the MVFC, we are not going to waste an annual OOC game on those guys. xcoffeex

NDSUtk
November 25th, 2016, 10:06 AM
*Hit Me Baby One More Time

That music video though...

F'N Hawks
November 25th, 2016, 10:34 AM

No doubt. So ****ing lucky to miss Montana. Just an FYI, UND played 3-7 in the conference. Montana's schedule actually turned out just as easy. Huh.

verk62
November 25th, 2016, 10:55 AM

Except Montana sucked this year!

geaux_sioux
November 25th, 2016, 12:12 PM
Whose dick did UND suck to get their conference schedule for this year and their spot in the bracket, this is a serious question.

Our conference schedule was harder than EWUs.

Professor
November 25th, 2016, 12:41 PM
Funny to me, can't wait to see the faces after the Aggies play on Saturday

Hambone
November 25th, 2016, 01:45 PM
This game has me very intrigued. One would think that Richmond should roll, but the fact that A&T did beat an FBS team does make me feel like they have the ability to compete. Could be a better game than it's being given credit for (could also be an absolute thrashing as a lot of people are expecting)........ Personally think that Richmond's defense will hold A&T down, and their offense does enough to get the win.

WileECoyote06
November 25th, 2016, 01:55 PM
This ain't Morgan State you're playing. That's for darn sure.

RootinFerDukes
November 25th, 2016, 02:12 PM
This game has me very intrigued. One would think that Richmond should roll, but the fact that A&T did beat an FBS team does make me feel like they have the ability to compete. Could be a better game than it's being given credit for (could also be an absolute thrashing as a lot of people are expecting)........ Personally think that Richmond's defense will hold A&T down, and their offense does enough to get the win.

Richmond has a bigger fbs win over UVA, so following that logic, it more than cancels it out.

I just think with the talent Richmond has, they have bigger problems if they can't even win with a third string QB and a week of practice with him.

POD Knows
November 25th, 2016, 02:17 PM
Our conference schedule was harder than EWUs.

Wow, big ****ing deal, how was the rest of your schedule, did you play anybody else.

POD Knows
November 25th, 2016, 02:39 PM
How is it possible that one of the worst teams to set foot in the Fargo dome last year, is now a 7 seed. Wow, awesome. What a difference a year makes.

F'N Hawks
November 25th, 2016, 02:51 PM
How is it possible that one of the worst teams to set foot in the Fargo dome last year, is now a 7 seed. Wow, awesome. What a difference a year makes.

How is it possible you are that big of a ****ing idiot? Some things at just hard to answer.

POD Knows
November 25th, 2016, 02:55 PM
How is it possible you are that big of a ****ing idiot? Some things at just hard to answer.

Really, you getting personal, I was insulting your team, not you. Is that were we are?

F'N Hawks
November 25th, 2016, 03:00 PM
Really, you getting personal, I was insulting your team, not you. Is that were we are?

This is a thread about Richmond and NCAT. You, of course, turn it into **** with continual stupid sophomoric comments about UND.

POD Knows
November 25th, 2016, 03:27 PM
This is a thread about Richmond and NCAT. You, of course, turn it into **** with continual stupid sophomoric comments about UND.

These aren't sophomoric comments about UND, they are Masters Students comment about UND. But you are right, they probably don't belong here. Surprise me, let's see what your team does in the tournament.

TheKingpin28
November 25th, 2016, 03:30 PM

I finally just looked at this thread and you already inserted them in their for me. Nice hijack attempt.

POD Knows
November 25th, 2016, 03:34 PM
No doubt. So ****ing lucky to miss Montana. Just an FYI, UND played 3-7 in the conference. Montana's schedule actually turned out just as easy. Huh.

How many of those 3-7 teams did you play at home this year, how many.

kdinva
November 25th, 2016, 03:53 PM
again, three things in life........death..........taxes...........and most any thread on this site getting off track......

http://www.richmond.com/sports/article_3ab2ff59-5619-5274-8786-34c4c5765b79.html

paward
November 25th, 2016, 04:31 PM
Good to see all these experts on Richmond and the MEAC. As a Spider let me say we have a ton of respect for AT&T. They have a great running back. Winning their FBS game bodes well. We are limping to this game. We have a great coach and I hope he can make a game plan that gets us to another week of play.

MEAC, CAA at this point the conference you play in is not worth the salt that goes in bread. You win you move on. I want the Spiders to win. I am very happy to be in the playoffs with all the injuries we have. If we win or lose it will be done by who we have on the field and not off.

caribbeanhen
November 25th, 2016, 04:34 PM
Good to see all these experts on Richmond and the MEAC. As a Spider let me say we have a ton of respect for AT&T. They have a great running back. Winning their FBS game bodes well. We are limping to this game. We have a great coach and I hope he can make a game plan that gets us to another week of play.

MEAC, CAA at this point the conference you play in is not worth the salt that goes in bread. You win you move on. I want the Spiders to win. I am very happy to be in the playoffs with all the injuries we have. If we win or lose it will be done by who we have on the field and not off.

If Tarik Cohen gets untracked the Spiders might get a good arachnophobia... that's a shame about your QB Luletta, he was a good one.... obviously this is not the same Richmond team that beat Virginia

Tribal
November 25th, 2016, 05:32 PM
Any truth to the rumor that Danny Rocco may coach the Hens?

One Tribe. One Family.

caribbeanhen
November 25th, 2016, 05:38 PM

One Tribe. One Family.

a lot of Hen fans have expressed high opinions of Rocco..... he is high on the Christmas list as is Longo...., I think Kerwin Bell would be fine

Spider from the North
November 25th, 2016, 06:56 PM
One Tribe. One Family.

Not an iota of truth. None. It is asinine for the local reporter who wrote the article to suggest that our coach might be interested. We pay Coach Rocco very well and he and his family love Richmond.
The article which mentioned him for the Delaware job was written by a local fan/columnist for the local Newark paper and provides no factual basis to believe that Coach Rocco would consider such a move. All that one could reasonably infer from the article was that Coach Rocco would fit nicely on Delaware's wishlist.

ASU33
November 25th, 2016, 07:53 PM
Its going to be interesting to see if A&T looks any better than they did last week in Durham.

WestCoastAggie
November 25th, 2016, 08:39 PM
Well we bounced back last year to drop Tarik Cohen and 41 points on Alcorn State last year after losing to NCCU.

I really don't know what to expect. If Richmond doesn't have a running QB that can execute the read option and the forward pass, A&T may win.

If our QB forgets those two concepts again, Richmond wins easily.

A&T is playing with house money and our Assistant coaches are coaching for their jobs too.

Should be fun to watch.

flyrod
November 25th, 2016, 09:22 PM
Richmond will win....DEFENSE will be the Key here. The 3rd deep Qb will manage the game. Coach Rocco will have him prepared. At least this week Richmond will prevail.

AggieManiac704
November 26th, 2016, 10:21 AM
Its going to be interesting to see if A&T looks any better than they did last week in Durham.

I hope so...cuz last week hurt my feelings

spdram
November 26th, 2016, 10:40 AM
Word is we are going to burn a shirt for the playoffs -- new QB, Kevin Johnson. Better runner than Kyle, not as strong an arm IMHO. The plan was to have him shirt this year and backup Kyle next year so as to have two left. He is an exciting player, played in 3 games as a true Fr. last year and looked good. He ahs been running the scout teams all season so I would think he should transition reasonably well.

November 26th, 2016, 10:59 AM
That is what I love about FCS football. Everyone has a chance to make it into the playoffs. Everyone in the playoffs has the chance to prove they are the team to beat. It is unpredictable and a team can turn a poor program around with the right coach, good recruting and player development. What NDSU has been able to do the last 5 years is unprecedented. However this year turns out for the Bison they have established themselves as a dynasty that has never been, and may never be, equaled in FCS football again. But they also have to prove against good teams that they are still champions this year. I do not think any playoff team comes in to the game fearing their opponent, respect yes, fear no, not in these players.

eaglesdare
November 26th, 2016, 10:59 AM
hhhmmmmmmm, they noticed how much trouble they had with Central's QB draw.

POD Knows
November 26th, 2016, 11:21 AM
That is what I love about FCS football. Everyone has a chance to make it into the playoffs. Everyone in the playoffs has the chance to prove they are the team to beat. It is unpredictable and a team can turn a poor program around with the right coach, good recruting and player development. What NDSU has been able to do the last 5 years is unprecedented. However this year turns out for the Bison they have established themselves as a dynasty that has never been, and may never be, equaled in FCS football again. But they also have to prove against good teams that they are still champions this year. I do not think any playoff team comes in to the game fearing their opponent, respect yes, fear no, not in these players.

It is amazing, they play good defense and as long as you play good D you will be in every game.

ASU33
November 26th, 2016, 12:13 PM
If you're making the drive to the game, I just got word from some Aggies that are traveling up that I-95 South is backed up in Stratford County.

caribbeanhen
November 26th, 2016, 12:42 PM
If you're making the drive to the game, I just got word from some Aggies that are traveling up that I-95 South is backed up in Stratford County.

certainly not game traffic right? haha....I95 was a mess last time I was on it

WestCoastAggie
November 26th, 2016, 12:49 PM
hhhmmmmmmm, they noticed how much trouble they had with Central's QB draw.

You sir are a douche!

eaglesdare
November 26th, 2016, 01:17 PM
Yeah!

unknown3
November 26th, 2016, 01:18 PM
xpopcornxxpopcornxxpopcornx

centennial
November 26th, 2016, 01:20 PM
Oh boy.. Looking at my first bracket upset here. NC AT&T 7 Richmond 0

ejjones
November 26th, 2016, 01:21 PM
Might be a good one...popcorn still warm.

eaglesdare
November 26th, 2016, 01:23 PM
That was too easy.

centennial
November 26th, 2016, 01:23 PM
Should've been a facemask. Lucky to avoid penalty.

PantherRob82
November 26th, 2016, 01:28 PM
Gotta be impressed by NCAT so far.

MacThor
November 26th, 2016, 01:28 PM

Thanks for your contribution to the NC A&T/Richmond thread.

MacThor
November 26th, 2016, 01:30 PM
I think the iffy PF call that kept A&T's drive alive fired up the Spiders. They played angry on that equalizer drive.

eaglesdare
November 26th, 2016, 01:34 PM
Attention to detail guys.

paward
November 26th, 2016, 01:35 PM
Nice

PantherRob82
Amazing punt return for the Richmond TD

paward
Sorry just returned a 92 punt return

MacThor
November 26th, 2016, 01:38 PM
Awakened the sleeping Spiders.

KJ has looked good. His very first throw had a little too much "excitement" on it but he looks plenty confident.

MacThor
November 26th, 2016, 02:04 PM
NEC, you have to deal with these refs every game?

ejjones
November 26th, 2016, 02:31 PM
PI? Bad call...

kdinva
November 26th, 2016, 03:07 PM
Word is we are going to burn a shirt for the playoffs -- new QB, Kevin Johnson. .

last week Coach burned Chenault's redshirt.

UR media guide says KJ played three games last year, ....So: does Coach, in 2017, redshirt CHenault, or Johnson???

kdinva
November 26th, 2016, 03:08 PM
Trau hits his 4th FG..........26-10 in the 3rd.

Schism55
November 26th, 2016, 03:33 PM
32-10 Richmond...went for 2 and didn't get it.

Thumper 76
November 26th, 2016, 03:44 PM
Wow I was way off on my two upsets

kdinva
November 26th, 2016, 03:52 PM
Johnson a 7 yard TD run........39-10........it's over.......MEAC streak intact

IF Richmond had September 2nd's roster/personnel for this game..........jeeeeshhhh. It would have been 56-10

eaglesdare
November 26th, 2016, 03:57 PM
?!@?#?$%%?%?^%?^?^%???&?^&*?(?(?()?

MacThor
November 26th, 2016, 04:01 PM
last week Coach burned Chenault's redshirt.

UR media guide says KJ played three games last year, ....So: does Coach, in 2017, redshirt CHenault, or Johnson???
Chenault is a walk-on and probably our 6th QB if you count Broadus. Coach could redshirt Johnson next year (rare for a Junior I know) and go with Lauletta, Clise and Mancuso.

KJ asked for this. This is better experience than clipboards and garbage time in 2017.

Ivytalk
November 26th, 2016, 04:21 PM
Spidahs rule today. Well played!

RootinFerDukes
November 26th, 2016, 04:29 PM
I said UR would be fine. I can't believe some of you doubted me. Just like UVA's 13 game losing streak to VT, a now 18 game losing streak does in fact say something. It's all "i'll believe it when I see it".

AggieManiac704
November 26th, 2016, 04:57 PM
What a beat down. Good game plan spiders

Sent from my VS986 using Tapatalk

spdram
November 26th, 2016, 05:12 PM
Aggies well played, you have some talented players and would give alot of teams real problems. I believe the future will only get more bright. If we had not brought in KJ, not sure how it would have gone. Our plan was to red shirt him this season, but he went to coach and convinced him to let him play this week. KJ has a cannon for an arm, he chucked several 60 yds down the field, with only the timing being off. I hope his timing gets better next game.

kdinva
November 26th, 2016, 05:14 PM
Chenault is a walk-on and probably our 6th QB if you count Broadus. Coach could redshirt Johnson next year (rare for a Junior I know) and go with Lauletta, Clise and Mancuso.

KJ asked for this. This is better experience than clipboards and garbage time in 2017.

forgot that chenault was a walk-on. Spiders pretty set at the QB position for at least the next two seasons...

Matt
November 26th, 2016, 06:56 PM
I have stayed off AGS all week because i am a cranky baby and cannot believe we have EIGHTEEN ****ING GUYS ON IR. Lauletta going down was too much (but hes a dumb **** for not sliding on that run) and our backups were abysmal against W&M. Well, folks, holy hell. KJ looked incredible. 315 yards passing! Every ball was a perfect spiral and was put (mostly) in the exact right spot. I might be an idiot but I feel pretty damn good about our chances next week. Obviously ND is no MEAC team, but our lines, even with injuries, have been incredible. Cohen, the NCAT star running back who has 2k total yards this year and is considered by many to be the best in FCS, had only 78, and most of that was on a 50 yard scamper. Go Spiders.

BigHouseClosedEnd
November 26th, 2016, 07:05 PM
Kevin Johnson is going to make his name known in this tournament.

caribbeanhen
November 26th, 2016, 07:10 PM
Kevin Johnson is going to make his name known in this tournament.

and Delaware cant find a QB and how many do you have? geez

Matt
November 26th, 2016, 07:13 PM
and Delaware cant find a QB and how many do you have? geez

We have had an insane run of like 12 years of great QBs. Tutt, Ward, Corp, Strauss, Lauletta. We've been very fortunate.

BigHouseClosedEnd
November 26th, 2016, 07:22 PM
We have done a good job recruiting and developing quaerterbacks. It is no "fortune". Don't be a pussy, Matt.

Matt
November 26th, 2016, 07:26 PM
Lol come on. We were fortunate that Tutt and Ward were so durable. We were fortunate that Corp and Strauss picked us as transfer destinations. We've definitely had some luck. Except for Wayne Lineburg..

lknspider
November 28th, 2016, 06:50 PM
Matt, game replay looks like Kyle started to slide and caught his heel in turf. The ACL was not from the hit on the play.

Sonic98
December 3rd, 2016, 03:29 PM
I've always been of the opinion that you prepare for next season based on your last important losses. NCAT lost to NCCU and Richmond. They need to be looking at why they lost those games and will it cause them a problem against the coming schedule. They'll probably make the mistake of not evening thinking about the Richmond game, and won't prepare to be a potential playoff team next season.

It does make me wonder how the two Celebration "Bowl" teams would do if it weren't for the Bayou Classic and Celebration Bowl.