PDA

View Full Version : WCU showed more in a loss to South Carolina than against SoCon opponents

catamount man
November 24th, 2016, 07:20 AM
When WCU was only down 21-17 to the Gamecocks before halftime, I was thinking why didn't we play this good against SoCon competition? xthumbsupx

Don't like a 2-9 season but we do have 8 offensive starters coming back but defense is gonna require a long makeover. Look for the new DC to be hired early December and that's from Coach Speir himself.

Happy turkey day dudes!!! GO CATS!!!

ElCid
November 24th, 2016, 07:24 AM
When WCU was only down 21-17 to the Gamecocks before halftime, I was thinking why didn't we play this good against SoCon competition? xthumbsupx

Don't like a 2-9 season but we do have 8 offensive starters coming back but defense is gonna require a long makeover. Look for the new DC to be hired early December and that's from Coach Speir himself.

Happy turkey day dudes!!! GO CATS!!!

Yeah the Cats were really inconsistent this year. I think you snuck up on them as well. Adams is good, and he will be around for a while....yuck for us. Your D gets in shape and you can contend.

FUBeAR
November 24th, 2016, 08:00 AM

Perhaps the top half of the SoCon is BETTER competition than the Roosters. Recent history would support that theory.

CID1990
November 25th, 2016, 02:22 PM
Never underestimate the Coots' propensity for not respecting FCS teams

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Bucs2016
November 25th, 2016, 03:05 PM

Yep. Remember one of those 11-2 USC teams almost lost to Wofford. Terriers down 1 TD inside 5 minutes with the ball and driving (if I recall it accurately).

catamount man
November 25th, 2016, 03:15 PM

I highly doubt they ever schedule you guys again. I hope they do beat Clemson tomorrow though. GO CATS!

- - - Updated - - -

Yep. Remember one of those 11-2 USC teams almost lost to Wofford. Terriers down 1 TD inside 5 minutes with the ball and driving (if I recall it accurately).

Hey Bucs, seen where you guys go to James Madison next year. Good luck! GO CATS!