PDA

View Full Version : Maine recruiting

PapaBear
January 16th, 2007, 01:51 PM
Figured I'd start a new thread, here, so I can keep Mainjeff et al as informed as possible, without hijacking the PL Thread.

As of now, MJ, no, I don't know about any others except Treister. He sounds like a nice catch. Should make for an interesting QB competition in camp.:nod:

First Official Visit weekend is coming up, so maybe I'll get some news in a few days.

UNH SUPERFAN
January 16th, 2007, 02:54 PM
I know this isn't the info you are looking for but a couple years ago Maine signed the biggest player in the A-10, he was something like 370lbs and was from Nauset HS on the Cape. I noticed last year he wasn't on the roster, did he quit/transfer/etc? I ran into his dad while vacationing in 2005.

PapaBear
January 16th, 2007, 03:20 PM
I know this isn't the info you are looking for but a couple years ago Maine signed the biggest player in the A-10, he was something like 370lbs and was from Nauset HS on the Cape. I noticed last year he wasn't on the roster, did he quit/transfer/etc? I ran into his dad while vacationing in 2005.

No idea who you're talking about.

Maine had a "recruit" in the media guide last year that was, like, 6' 11" and 450 pounds (no lie ... I saw him). But he wasn't on scholarship, and I don't think he ever even dressed for a game. I believe he has left school, too.