PDA

View Full Version : 2016 All-Big Sky Teams

smallcollegefbfan
November 22nd, 2016, 01:15 PM
http://www.bigskyconf.com/news/2016/11/22/FB_1122164830.aspx

dewey
November 22nd, 2016, 01:30 PM
http://www.bigskyconf.com/news/2016/11/22/FB_1122164830.aspx

How bad are things in Missoula? No one on the first team, 2 on the 2nd team and 4 on the 3rd team.

OUCH!

Bad coaching? Lack of talent? What is going on with the Grizzlies?

Dewey

F'N Hawks
November 22nd, 2016, 02:10 PM
Teams were pretty well balanced this year. No real shockers, IMO. That 1st team offense could score some points!

Rjones61
November 22nd, 2016, 06:05 PM
Only one Sacramento player on the list... and he's second team.

cpalum
November 23rd, 2016, 12:10 PM
Lots of deserving folks on this list but Kori Garcia of Cal Poly at 3rd team seams a bit low...he may have led the conference in yards per carry (6.7)...cant find a way to sort by that stat.

http://www.foxsports.com/college-football/kori-garcia-player

Silenoz
November 23rd, 2016, 12:51 PM
How bad are things in Missoula? No one on the first team, 2 on the 2nd team and 4 on the 3rd team.

OUCH!

Bad coaching? Lack of talent? What is going on with the Grizzlies?

Dewey

https://media.tenor.co/images/3aaeb97bfd057f74da36665ea11d6130/raw

dewey
November 23rd, 2016, 03:02 PM
I saw yesterday that this was the first time since 1984 that Montana did not have a player on the first team. What is going on out there? Coaching? Lack of talent?

Dewey

Silenoz
November 23rd, 2016, 03:20 PM
I saw yesterday that this was the first time since 1984 that Montana did not have a player on the first team. What is going on out there? Coaching? Lack of talent?

Dewey
Well we just lost to a bad, bad team that ran QB draw literally every 3rd down, because of a combination of an inability to get set, get the play in, not get penalties, not make tackles, never spied the quarterback, fall for every trick play, and so forth. But at least we didn't miss a couple extra points like usual. So... all of the above?

F'N Hawks
November 23rd, 2016, 04:01 PM
Well we just lost to a bad, bad team that ran QB draw literally every 3rd down, because of a combination of an inability to get set, get the play in, not get penalties, not make tackles, never spied the quarterback, fall for every trick play, and so forth. But at least we didn't miss a couple extra points like usual. So... all of the above?
...and your DC thinks it's a good idea to play man-to-man on every third down, every game. So there was nobody left to help with Murray, which is why they ran QB draw. Strange to say the least.

Catbooster
November 24th, 2016, 01:28 AM
We threw it on third and one - or was that fourth and one? - right before victory formation on the two yard line. xdrunkyx

That pass doubled the number of completions. xnodx

AttaBoyCowboy
November 30th, 2016, 08:15 PM
To cpalum,
You are absolutely right about Garcia. he should have been recognized. That said, your whining coaching staff (specifically your RB coach) as well as Montana State's coaching staff falsely listed running backs as fullbacks. Protheroe and Newell are awesome running backs, but they are NO WAY the blocker that 3rd team Zamora is. Zamora had zero carries and 3 receptions yet received 3rd team honors because he is a true fullback. He plays all the special teams and is violent at the point of attack. Though I never will wish that any player get hurt, Zamora put out 2 Cal Poly players with concussions (#21 and #10 I believe). Shame on the coaching staffs at CP and MS. Our 3rd team WR Miller lined up many times as a flexed TE, yet the UNC staff listed him as a WR and not falsely as a TE just so that he would get on the 1st or 2nd team. As far as I'm concerned, CP deserved to get spanked by a non-scholarship team like USD. Get a life coaches.

slostang
November 30th, 2016, 08:27 PM
To cpalum,
You are absolutely right about Garcia. he should have been recognized. That said, your whining coaching staff (specifically your RB coach) as well as Montana State's coaching staff falsely listed running backs as fullbacks. Protheroe and Newell are awesome running backs, but they are NO WAY the blocker that 3rd team Zamora is. Zamora had zero carries and 3 receptions yet received 3rd team honors because he is a true fullback. He plays all the special teams and is violent at the point of attack. Though I never will wish that any player get hurt, Zamora put out 2 Cal Poly players with concussions (#21 and #10 I believe). Shame on the coaching staffs at CP and MS. Our 3rd team WR Miller lined up many times as a flexed TE, yet the UNC staff listed him as a WR and not falsely as a TE just so that he would get on the 1st or 2nd team. As far as I'm concerned, CP deserved to get spanked by a non-scholarship team like USD. Get a life coaches.
Protheroe is a FB. He is not a pro-style FB, he is the FB in a triple option offense. He is also built like a FB. It would be unfair to list him as a RB, though he would still be 1rst team there having lead the conference in rushing.