PDA

View Full Version : DELAWARE TO INTERVIEW FOR HEAD COACH POSITION.............AWK!

MR. CHICKEN
November 21st, 2016, 08:08 PM
......SOME INTERESTIN' NAMES...IN DUH HUNT..........BRAWK!

http://www.delawareonline.com/story/sports/college/ud/2016/11/21/season-over-focus-moves-delaware-coach-search/94195386/

...AMONG 'EM:

MOGLIA
HUESMAN
ROCCO
LONDON
SHOOP
LONGO
LEMBO
DEBORD

TheRevSFA
November 21st, 2016, 08:16 PM
Longo would be a good hire

Daytripper
November 21st, 2016, 08:28 PM
Moglia best of the bunch.

TheKingpin28
November 21st, 2016, 08:43 PM

http://www.delawareonline.com/story/sports/college/ud/2016/11/21/season-over-focus-moves-delaware-coach-search/94195386/

...AMONG 'EM:

MOGLIA
HUESMAN
ROCCO
LONDON
SHOOP
LONGO
LEMBO
DEBORD

I do not see Rocco or Moglia leaving their current set-ups. CCU just got to FBS so Moglia would have to be offered more than what CCU will offer and Rocco to leave UR for the hens would shock me. The Spiders will be consistent contenders for the CAA and the facilities at UR are too nice to pass up.

grayghost06
November 21st, 2016, 08:50 PM
No Mickey Matthews? Thought the Blue Hen nation was up in arms about his sighting at Saturday's game.

Go Lehigh TU owl
November 21st, 2016, 08:52 PM
Pistol Pete Lembo!!!

melloware13
November 21st, 2016, 08:54 PM
Depending on how many more years Moglia is planning to coach, I'd go for a Moglia - Longo combination with Longo as the planned successor.

MR. CHICKEN
November 21st, 2016, 08:58 PM
No Mickey Matthews? Thought the Blue Hen nation was up in arms about his sighting at Saturday's game.

....RUMOR HAD HIM @ GAME...AS TUBBY 91 YRS. YOUNG.......WAS HONORARY CAPTAIN......AN' PRESENTED TALLEY.....WHIFF HONORARY BLUE HEN AWARD...AS RETIREMENT GIFT......GUESS DEY GOT SOME UH OL' POSSE TOGETHER AGIN......AWK!

BisonTru
November 21st, 2016, 09:01 PM
Why would Moglia drop from FBS to FCS? Even if Delaware can sweeten the pot financially that doesn't really do anything for Joe.

Daytripper
November 21st, 2016, 09:03 PM
Would Longo rather be an FCS HC or an FBS OC?

clenz
November 21st, 2016, 09:03 PM
I don't think Joe was all in on the FBS move.

Go Lehigh TU owl
November 21st, 2016, 09:04 PM
....RUMOR HAD HIM @ GAME...AS TUBBY 91 YRS. YOUNG.......WAS HONORARY CAPTAIN......AN' PRESENTED TALLEY.....WHIFF HONORARY BLUE HEN AWARD...AS RETIREMENT GIFT......GUESS DEY GOT SOME UH OL' POSSE TOGETHER AGIN......AWK!

I had no idea Tubby was 90!! I knew he was fairly old when he retired in '01 but never thought he was in his mid 70's!! wow!!

SENOREIDA
November 21st, 2016, 09:05 PM

...AMONG 'EM:

MOGLIA
HUESMAN
ROCCO
LONDON
SHOOP
LONGO
LEMBO
DEBORD
How high are you? Moglia would not leave for Delaware. He has said multiple times he would only leave for "schools you can't say no to". Sorry as someone born and raised in Delaware, Delaware is so far away from that it isn't even funny. Matthews might leave, but Moglia is staying in Conway.

MR. CHICKEN
November 21st, 2016, 09:08 PM
]How high are you?[/SIZE] Moglia would not leave for Delaware. He has said multiple times he would only leave for "schools you can't say no to". Sorry as someone born and raised in Delaware, Delaware is so far away from that it isn't even funny. Matthews might leave, but Moglia is staying in Conway.

....HOW HIGH ARE YOU.....SAND TWEETY?.......IT'S NOT MAH OPINION......IT'S IN DUH F'N ARTICLE.........BRAWK!

SENOREIDA
November 21st, 2016, 09:15 PM
....HOW HIGH ARE YOU.....SAND TWEETY?.......IT'S NOT MAH OPINION......IT'S IN DUH F'N ARTICLE.........BRAWK!
Sorry, that explains a lot, The News Journal is great journalism. xeyebrowx

dgtw
November 21st, 2016, 09:16 PM
Mogila will be 68 in April and does not need the money. I can't see anybody hiring him.

Go Lehigh TU owl
November 21st, 2016, 09:21 PM
Mogila will be 68 in April and does not need the money. I can't see anybody hiring him.

Seriously, he's about the same age I thought Raymond was when he retired!!

- - - Updated - - -

IUP's Curt Cignetti has a very impressive resume imo! That guy should be a coach at the D1 level!

http://www.iupathletics.com/coaches.aspx?rc=498&path=football

BisonTru
November 21st, 2016, 09:21 PM
BTW, JMO, but if Moglia is interested. You hire him.

MacThor
November 21st, 2016, 09:23 PM
Are you kidding? Anish wanted to interview Moglia for half the selection show until someone told him CCU wasn't in the playoffs this year.

RootinFerDukes
November 21st, 2016, 09:24 PM
Why would Rocco or Moglia leave their current jobs for UD? Neither are at risk of losing their jobs and both would be downgrading from their current schools. Rumor is JMU is going to interview Urban Meyer.

SENOREIDA
November 21st, 2016, 09:27 PM
Why would Rocco or Moglia leave their current jobs for UD? Neither are at risk of losing their jobs and both would be downgrading from their current schools. Rumor is JMU is going to interview Urban Meyer.
I heard Nick Saban. But Moglia is in contract til 2020, and I believe he plans to finish out it in Conway.

centennial
November 21st, 2016, 09:28 PM
Why would Moglia drop from FBS to FCS? Even if Delaware can sweeten the pot financially that doesn't really do anything for Joe.
I can see Moglia moving up to a bigger FBS school soon. If Delaware can drag him back to the FCS it would be a coup.

Mocs123
November 21st, 2016, 09:30 PM
I could be completely wrong, but I couldn't imagine Huesman leaving Chattanooga for Delaware. Not that Delaware isn't an attractive job, but he is a Chattanooga alum and has no ties that I know of to Delaware. If he leaves, it will be for $$$ and FBS.

MacThor
November 21st, 2016, 09:34 PM

Rocco doesn't have a contract extension. The administration hasn't exactly been supportive of the football program of late.

Go Lehigh TU owl
November 21st, 2016, 09:34 PM
How about Al Golden? The man can recruit in the Northeast! He's definitely a PA,NJ, DE type of guy. He's personality would fit into UD's mission.

MR. CHICKEN
November 21st, 2016, 09:40 PM
....MOGLIA....COACHED HIGH-SCHOOL FOOTBALL IN DELAWARE....BACK IN DUH DAY......ASSUME HE HAS TIES......DOESN'T NEED DUH DUCATS.....WHICH WOOD FREE UP MONEY...FO' GOOD O/D CORDINATORS......HIS NAME IS IN DUH ARTICLE.......HEY DUH CHALLENGE...TA RIGHT DUH USS DELAWARE......FIX DUH AIR ATTACK......IS FBS IN DUH COACHIN' CONVERSATION.....IS AGE...UH FACTOR FO' RAWAK...........AWK!

Daytripper
November 21st, 2016, 09:42 PM
....MOGLIA....COACHED HIGH-SCHOOL FOOTBALL IN DELAWARE....BACK IN DUH DAY......ASSUME HE HAS TIES......DOESN'T NEED DUH DUCATS.....WHICH WOOD FREE UP MONEY...FO' GOOD O/D CORDINATORS......HIS NAME IS IN DUH ARTICLE.......HEY DUH CHALLENGE...TA RIGHT DUH USS DELAWARE......FIX DUH AIR ATTACK......IS FBS IN DUH COACHIN' CONVERSATION.....IS AGE...UH FACTOR FO' RAWAK...........AWK!

Moglia doesn't need the money. He'll coach where he wants to.

MR. CHICKEN
November 21st, 2016, 09:42 PM
I heard Nick Saban. But Moglia is in contract til 2020, and I believe he plans to finish out it in Conway.

...THOUGHT HE ACCEPTED NO PAY........SO WHAT'S TA LOSE.......BRAWK!

MR. CHICKEN
November 21st, 2016, 09:50 PM
Moglia doesn't need the money. He'll coach where he wants to.

.......YEAH....AH SAID DAT..........xsighx....BRAWK!

ngineer
November 21st, 2016, 10:02 PM
Pistol Pete Lembo would be an interesting hire. Could be a pay cut from his current position at Maryland, and a 'reverse step' from his upward climb toward the big time. Maybe he figures he's better suited in a lower track atmosphere. His one problem at Lehigh was having a thin skin over any kind of criticism. Pressure at UD much more intense.

Franks Tanks
November 21st, 2016, 10:11 PM
Pistol Pete Lembo would be an interesting hire. Could be a pay cut from his current position at Maryland, and a 'reverse step' from his upward climb toward the big time. Maybe he figures he's better suited in a lower track atmosphere. His one problem at Lehigh was having a thin skin over any kind of criticism. Pressure at UD much more intense.

Dont see Pete leaving, and really most of the names here are real long shots. MD had a decent season, and has a good recruiting class coming in, plus Pete is making a lot of money. No chance on coach Joe, no way on Rocco unless someone at Richmond has pissed him off, and same with the guy from Chatty.

I do think it would be awesome if they hired their former coach's assistant.

tomq04
November 21st, 2016, 10:12 PM
Wiki says Moglia went to Delaware for his MBA. He has direct ties there and no need for money. I don't think it's insane to think he might take it.

32counter
November 21st, 2016, 10:15 PM
Rocco doesn't have a contract extension. The administration hasn't exactly been supportive of the football program of late.

Please clarify with facts.As I'm an interested and involved alum,please enlighten with your empirical insight.

MR. CHICKEN
November 21st, 2016, 10:25 PM
Dont see Pete leaving, and really most of the names here are real long shots. MD had a decent season, and has a good recruiting class coming in, plus Pete is making a lot of money. No chance on coach Joe, no way on Rocco unless someone at Richmond has pissed him off, and same with the guy from Chatty.

I do think it would be awesome if they hired their former coach's assistant.

....IFIN' ANY TRUTH TA DUH ARTICLE.....UH HUNDRED +....APPLIED....FO' HENS HEAD COACH.......DUH NAMES ARE FOOTBALL PEOPLE....WHO HAVE SUPPOSEDLY WANTED IN.....SO SPEC ALL YA'S WANT.....WETHER THEY'LL LEAVE CURRENT POSITIONS......OR NOT.......DEY'VE APPLIED....OR....WERE SOUGHT-OUT.........AWK!

MacThor
November 21st, 2016, 10:33 PM
Please clarify with facts.As I'm an interested and involved alum,please enlighten with your empirical insight.

Rocco's contract expires next season. Fact.

32counter
November 21st, 2016, 11:40 PM
Rocco's contract expires next season. Fact.

So what.Tell me more.Your insinuation without details is that the admin hasn't been supportive.If you throw stuff up against the wall,make it stick.Give us details.No general crap.Not sure that you have a clue what is going on
how the admin hasn't been supportive.Hallow conjecture is nonsense.

MacThor
November 21st, 2016, 11:50 PM
So what.Tell me more.Your insinuation without details is that the admin hasn't been supportive.If you throw stuff up against the wall,make it stick.Give us details.No general crap.Not sure that you have a clue what is going on
how the admin hasn't been supportive.Hallow conjecture is nonsense.

"Got to admit that Danny probably puts up with a bunch of unusual stuff at UR including the XXXXXXX event which stretched out for 1.5 years.I think that it has been trying on him"

Go Lehigh TU owl
November 22nd, 2016, 12:02 AM
I'm pretty sure Andy Coen's name popped up for the Richmond gig in 2011. Glad his name hasn't come up for UD. 3 months ago I thought he might get runoff at Lehigh....

Go...gate
November 22nd, 2016, 12:06 AM
Bob Surace, who has won two Ivy League titles in the last four years at Princeton?

Go Lehigh TU owl
November 22nd, 2016, 12:09 AM
Bob Surace, who has won two Ivy League titles in the last four years at Princeton?

Great name!! He even runs some principles of the wing-T. He's a legitimately good coach! A guy like him would fit in with the UD administration and still produce at a high level imo.

Ivy jobs are soo cushy though. Coaches never leave unless they're fired or retire...

rokamortis
November 22nd, 2016, 12:18 AM
I can see Moglia moving up to a bigger FBS school soon. If Delaware can drag him back to the FCS it would be a coup.

If he goes to Delaware, or any FCS, it would be because he wants to play for the national championship. I find it a little hard to believe that he has serious interest but stranger things have happened.

dgtw
November 22nd, 2016, 05:50 AM
Why would they hire a guy who will be 68 in April?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

MR. CHICKEN
November 22nd, 2016, 06:23 AM
....IFIN' HE ACCEPTED....WOODN'T HAVE TA PAY HIM...OR...HE'D GIVE IT TA CHARITY....OR.......MO' DUCATS.....FO' HIS STAFF........BRAWK!

ps.......DELAWARE IS DESPARATE...TA GET BACK IN DUH GAME.......WE'D HIRE ELMER FUDD.....IF HE COOD TURN US 'ROUND....RAWAK!

SENOREIDA
November 22nd, 2016, 06:34 AM
....IFIN' HE ACCEPTED....WOODN'T HAVE TA PAY HIM...OR...HE'D GIVE IT TA CHARITY....OR.......MO' DUCATS.....FO' HIS STAFF........BRAWK!

ps.......DELAWARE IS DESPARATE...TA GET BACK IN DUH GAME.......WE'D HIRE ELMER FUDD.....IF HE COOD TURN US 'ROUND....RAWAK!
He does not work for free. I don't know where you heard this, but we do pay the man.

Gangtackle11
November 22nd, 2016, 06:38 AM
I think Delaware will get a solid coach, but the faithful may be disappointed if they hang on these names being thrown around. Just a hunch.

SENOREIDA
November 22nd, 2016, 06:45 AM
Also if you are looking to upgrade your stadium, and see Moglia as a cash cow, look away. The man does not believe in giving money to a school he is currently employed at. He finds it a conflict of interest, which it is. TD may propose a sponsorship deal, but it won't be anywhere big enough to do renovations, other than a new carpet for the football field.

centraljerseycat
November 22nd, 2016, 08:10 AM
I thought for sure Kirk Ciarrocca as the OC of the 2003 FCS champ team and current OC of the only remaining undefeated FBS team not named Alabama would get some UD interest.

Also looks like none of Tubby's former players turned coaches like Susan, Cubit, Zwaan or Venuto are in the running. I guess that's a good thing since they are all 60ish.

Anthony215
November 22nd, 2016, 08:12 AM
I was wondering the same thing cause CCU is now FBS playing in the Sunbelt and should transition pretty well not to mention IMO they have better facilities than UDEL and he has at best maybe 3-4 more seasons left in him before he hangs it up. Why not hang it up at the FBS level making more money and probably leaving after a bowl game appearance. It'll take 2-3 years for whoever is the new coach to get Delaware back to the level where it can compete for a CAA title and make a playoff appearance.

UNIFanSince1983
November 22nd, 2016, 08:47 AM
Let's be honest. It is like any coaching search anywhere. The media will just throw out names they think would be great hires. They need to throw names out there so the fans think they are really trying hard and going to be throwing lots of money around. I feel like this is going to just end up in disappointment for Delaware fans.

Sammy94
November 22nd, 2016, 08:49 AM
It will suck to lose Phil but I knew after this season he would be a hot commodity. It would be a bit ironic if he ends up at Delaware.

walliver
November 22nd, 2016, 09:12 AM
Moglia is an interesting option. As a businessman, he did not seem at all enthused with CCU's move (and I think many/most of us at AGS agree with his financial assessment). He is at a stage in his life where a four-year stint with a shot at a national championship might be more attractive than a shot at a minor bowl.

Huesman makes less sense. If he moves, I would suspect it would be to a G5 like Georgia State. (Unless he is really desperate to get away from Chattown.)

Daytripper
November 22nd, 2016, 09:16 AM
Mr. Chicken, Do you think Keeler would actually consider going back to his old stomping grounds?

SENOREIDA
November 22nd, 2016, 09:18 AM
Moglia is an interesting option. As a businessman, he did not seem at all enthused with CCU's move (and I think many/most of us at AGS agree with his financial assessment). He is at a stage in his life where a four-year stint with a shot at a national championship might be more attractive than a shot at a minor bowl.

Huesman makes less sense. If he moves, I would suspect it would be to a G5 like Georgia State. (Unless he is really desperate to get away from Chattown.)

Show me one quote where Moglia was not enthused about the move. He has said multiple times this move is what is best for the university. He has been on board with the transition. He also has wanted to coach FBS, and now gets his chance. Plus winning and losing isn't important to him, it is his players and their achievements off the field.

SENOREIDA
November 22nd, 2016, 09:19 AM
Mr. Chicken, Do you think Keeler would actually consider going back to his old stomping grounds?

I would love to see Keeler come back home. With an administration that embraces him, and a renovated stadium. The sky would be the limit for Delaware.

ysubigred
November 22nd, 2016, 09:46 AM
I would love to see Keeler come back home. With an administration that embraces him, and a renovated stadium. The sky would be the limit for Delaware.

Keeler would not want to go back to Delaware,,, He'll actually have to play a tough schedule xsmiley_wix

WestCoastAggie
November 22nd, 2016, 09:57 AM
"There is strong sentiment among many for Delaware to hire someone with head-coaching experience. Others who fit that bill and may be in the running, sources say, include Danny Rocco at CAA rival Richmond and Russ Huesman at Chattanooga. Both are in the FCS playoffs."

Hmm...

Why are coaches in the Playoffs interviewing for this spot right now?

bluehenbillk
November 22nd, 2016, 09:59 AM
I don't see Keeler coming back to Newark with disinterest on both ends. I think KC left with a sour taste in his mouth & even though there is a new AD & President running things in Newark there are people behind the scenes that would grumble about KC coming back. It was a good run, but it's over. Not to say that Longo wouldn't be welcomed with open arms.

clenz
November 22nd, 2016, 10:12 AM
You can have Farley.

walliver
November 22nd, 2016, 10:16 AM
Show me one quote where Moglia was not enthused about the move. He has said multiple times this move is what is best for the university. He has been on board with the transition. He also has wanted to coach FBS, and now gets his chance. Plus winning and losing isn't important to him, it is his players and their achievements off the field.

“Whenever I’m asked about only the football piece, I said I think this is a business decision so it’s a matter of what’s going on in the market,” Moglia said on that point. “So if we’ve got standing room only and a waiting line for tickets, it clearly tells us we’re probably supposed to start expansion. Now, while we’ve done a good job of getting reasonable crowds, we don’t have standing room only and we don’t have waiting lines for tickets. So from a business perspective, I think you’d want to see that type of demand, but that’s only football. And football, while it certainly matters, is only a piece of the overall landscape that Dr. DeCenzo’s got to look at.”

Read more here: http://www.myrtlebeachonline.com/sports/college/sun-belt/coastal-carolina-university/article29775115.html#storylink=cpy

http://www.myrtlebeachonline.com/sports/college/sun-belt/coastal-carolina-university/article29775115.html

The quote speaks for itself.

ysubigred
November 22nd, 2016, 10:17 AM
You can have Farley.

He looks great in the Barney purple xnodx

rokamortis
November 22nd, 2016, 10:39 AM
http://www.myrtlebeachonline.com/sports/college/sun-belt/coastal-carolina-university/article29775115.html

The quote speaks for itself.

I remember him saying that and while he may not be a fan of the move he hasn't come out against it. He's had to deflect a lot of people assuming that he's funding the program or the stadium or other aspects when he's been on record saying that he will not personally donate any large amounts while he is coach. There is perhaps some hint there that he may donate something when he leaves Coastal but even then it isn't guaranteed. So I think his response may be more in line with trying to be clear that this isn't a football only move so people don't think that the FBS move was only so he can coach an FBS team. While I think all reasonable people would realize that it is a much bigger move, there are those that look for a conspiracy.

If he takes an FCS job then I think that clearly shows that he wants to continue to play for an FCS championship - but I don't think he's said anything close to that.

jmudukes
November 23rd, 2016, 04:12 PM
Is Mickey Matthews a real thing here? That can't be right...right? That just couldn't be

MR. CHICKEN
November 23rd, 2016, 04:57 PM
....HE'S ONE...OF THE CHOICES...... IN THE GOHENS POLL...."WHO DO YOU WANT AS THE NEXT HEAD COACH?"..........RAWAK!

Libertine
November 23rd, 2016, 08:50 PM
The Coastal posters are dead-on re: Joe Moglia. One factor they haven't mentioned is that one of the primary reasons that Moglia jumped back into college ball at Coastal and not somewhere else is that he already lived part of the year in Murrell's Inlet, just minutes from the CCU campus. Something tells me that Red Lion just won't compete. From what I understand, the jump to the Sun Belt caught a lot of people at CCU by surprise, possibly including the head coach it seems, but I haven't heard anyone from there come out against it.

If I were a UD fan, I would make peace with the idea of Mickey Matthews in blue and gold.

MR. CHICKEN
November 24th, 2016, 07:08 AM
....MOGLIA...LOSES 22 SENIORS.......GOOD TIME...TA LEAVE DUH BEACH.....AN' RESTORE BLUEHEN PIGGY........AWK!

.....MICKEY COODN'T CARRY DAVE BRAWK'S......BOOK...."HOW TA WIN...WHIFF-OUTTAH QB".......RAWAK!

caribbeanhen
November 24th, 2016, 07:17 AM
A stranger will ride into Newark from below the Mason Dixon, SEC QB, Gatoraide, student of the old ball coach, southern twang, in fact he already came into to Newark and beat Delaware and his name is Kerwin Bell

Doc QB
November 24th, 2016, 07:41 PM
A stranger will ride into Newark from below the Mason Dixon, SEC QB, Gatoraide, student of the old ball coach, southern twang, in fact he already came into to Newark and beat Delaware and his name is Kerwin Bell
He didn't play under Spurrier. But an excellent choice.

chattanoogamocs
November 24th, 2016, 07:49 PM
Huesman signed a $1 million dollar buyout in his last contract, so someone if going to have to want him pretty badly.

Plus, he has it pretty good in Chattanooga. He makes more than anyone on campus except the Chancellor and he has close to folk hero status after the job he has done (and being an alumnus).

But, sometimes you have to remind your boss that you are a hot property. Never hurts to listen to offers (he would be foolish not to).

caribbeanhen
November 24th, 2016, 07:50 PM
He didn't play under Spurrier. But an excellent choice.

Bell was the QB at Florida in 1984 thur 86 I believe, Spurrier was not the HC at the time but Bell came back to Florida in 90 and worked under Steve Spurrier as a grad assistant

rokamortis
November 24th, 2016, 08:43 PM
The Coastal posters are dead-on re: Joe Moglia. One factor they haven't mentioned is that one of the primary reasons that Moglia jumped back into college ball at Coastal and not somewhere else is that he already lived part of the year in Murrell's Inlet, just minutes from the CCU campus. Something tells me that Red Lion just won't compete. From what I understand, the jump to the Sun Belt caught a lot of people at CCU by surprise, possibly including the head coach it seems, but I haven't heard anyone from there come out against it.

That he had a house here was a coincidence, not a primary factor in why he came to Coastal. In fact, he purchased an additional place closer to campus so he wouldn't have as long if a commute. His then wife is from SC and is the primary reason why he had a vacation property in the area.

I think the biggest reason why he came to Coastal was that we were one of the few, if not the only, genuine offer he had. He's talked a lot about how other places wouldn't give him a shot because he'd been out of college coaching for a while. He said most ADs and Presidents wouldn't want to risk their reputation or job on an unconventional hire.

SENOREIDA
November 24th, 2016, 09:01 PM
....MOGLIA...LOSES 22 SENIORS.......GOOD TIME...TA LEAVE DUH BEACH.....AN' RESTORE BLUEHEN PIGGY........AWK!

.....MICKEY COODN'T CARRY DAVE BRAWK'S......BOOK...."HOW TA WIN...WHIFF-OUTTAH QB".......RAWAK!

We have depth, and a great recruiting class coming in this year. Coastal will be just fine next year with our graduating seniors. Also we have more scholarships now, so 22 isn't as bad as it seems. Have fun with Mickey, he is yours if you want him.

TheEagleSHSU
November 28th, 2016, 08:57 PM
I hear Phil Longo is on the shortlist for Delaware. Hens, what are y'all hearing?

caribbeanhen
November 28th, 2016, 09:16 PM
I hear Phil Longo is on the shortlist for Delaware. Hens, what are y'all hearing?

Longo wont be Longo for Huntsville, but the latest rumor is Rocco ..... Delaware beat writer Kevin Tresolini put that out on twitter today.... but Hen fans have been tossing his name around......

TheEagleSHSU
November 29th, 2016, 06:13 AM
Longo wont be Longo for Huntsville, but the latest rumor is Rocco ..... Delaware beat writer Kevin Tresolini put that out on twitter today.... but Hen fans have been tossing his name around......

Gotcha, well I'd like to hang on to ol' Phil especially if KC moves on. KCK got brought up on the news down here for the UH job

RootinFerDukes
November 30th, 2016, 01:56 PM
RTD article today makes it sound like Rocco is as good as gone from UR. He didn't sound too gung-ho in his interview.

caribbeanhen
November 30th, 2016, 02:35 PM
insiders reporting Rocco was with out a doubt offered Delaware job.....

bluehenbillk
November 30th, 2016, 02:37 PM
There are reports on both the Richmond & Delaware sides that there has been mutual interest if not an offer. I'm a little skeptical on the whole thing but if the Spiders lose on Saturday it won't be long to something breaks one way or the other.

Bearkat90
November 30th, 2016, 03:06 PM
Interesting glad Longo is staying around

UNIFanSince1983
November 30th, 2016, 03:29 PM
Interesting glad Longo is staying around

Well even if it isn't Delawhere I think he would be hot name for some other schools either FCS as a head coach or FBS as an OC. Heck if Baldwin leaves EWU I would think his air raid would fit in nicely up at EWU.

ngineer
December 1st, 2016, 11:33 PM
Maybe Tavani can make a late bid! Then maybe we can get the Hens back on our schedule.

longtimemocfan
December 2nd, 2016, 02:15 AM

Huesman wouldn't even leave for a G5 school. It would have to be for a lot of $$$ for a power5 school.

Schism55
December 2nd, 2016, 02:24 AM
Huesman wouldn't even leave for a G5 school. It would have to be for a lot of $$$ for a power5 school.

http://www.anygivensaturday.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=23997&stc=1

Thumper 76
December 2nd, 2016, 07:00 AM

I remember hearing this about Craig Bohl for years before he went to the powerhouse that is Wyoming.

UNIFanSince1983
December 2nd, 2016, 08:37 AM
I remember hearing this about Craig Bohl for years before he went to the powerhouse that is Wyoming.

No one ever thinks their coach will leave until they actually leave. It is really really hard for an FCS coach to go straight to a P5 school. They need to move to G5 then P5 then up the P5 ladder usually. Maybe Huesman is one that doesn't have aspirations to coach at the highest level, but if he does G5 is his most likely next step.

RootinFerDukes
December 2nd, 2016, 08:57 AM
I agree. Can we think of any recent P5 HC hires that were directly from FCS? The only one that comes to mind is in 2009, Mike London was hired by UVA a year after he won an FCS national championship. He's no longer the UVA head coach and they made sure to avoid any FCS names this time around to appease their fan base.

F'N Hawks
December 2nd, 2016, 09:04 AM

Kolpack did tell everyone that he would only leave for a Big 12 or Big 10 job. Then what happened...Wyoming. xlolx

clenz
December 2nd, 2016, 09:42 AM
Huesman makes about 230k per year.

The lowest paid G5 coach is Doug Martin at NMSU at 380K with 135K in potential bonus pay. Only one other coach makes less than 400K, and that's Matt Viator at ULLM at 390K with over 50k is bonuses.

Only 12 schools in America pay less than 500K (before bonuses)

School - base (not adding potential bonus)
Miami (OH) - 472K
UMASS - 470K
EMU - 435K
Ball State -429K
Idaho - 417K
Akron - 413K
BGSU - 410K
Kent State - 407K
Buffalo - 406K
Hawaii - 400K
UL-M - 390K
NMSU - 380K

Safe to say that ANY FBS school has significantly more to pay him than UT-C.

Look through the conference pays

AAC:
Houston 3m
Cinci 2.2m
Navy 2m
Memphis 1.8m
USF 1.7M
UCF 1.7M
UCONN 1.7M
Temple 1.05m
ECU 1.0m
Tulane isn't disclosed but rumored in 1.7m range
SMU isn't disclosed but rumored in 2.0m range
Tulsa isn't disclosed but rumored in 1.0m range

CUSA
Rice 900K
UTSA 835K
UNT 815K
WKU 806K
MTSU 802K
Marshall 763K
FIU 610K
UNCC 600K
FAU 592K
ODU 555K
UTEP 515K
LU 500K
USM 500K

MAC
Ohio 573K
CMU 546K
MIAMI 472
EMU 434
BALL STATE 425
AKRON 411
BGSU 410
KENT STATE 407
BUFF 406

MT WEST
FSU 156M
CSU 1.5M
BSU 1.3M
WYO 910K
AF 885
UNM 824
SDSU 811
USU 800
UNR 578
SJSU 547
UNLV 510
HAWAII 400

SBC
AR STATE 700
TROY 660
TSU 650
USA 560
GStU 539
ASU 525
GSoU 500
IDAHO 417 (MOVING FCS)
ULM 390
NMSU 376 (GOING INDY)

Is more than doubling your pay "a lot of $$$ for a power5 school." Average G5 pay is 800K. Aver P5 pay is 3.2m. NCAA average is 1.9

Wait, read that again... P5 school? Yeah, the lowest paid P5 coach is at 1.4M and that's Minnesota. After that it's Illinois at 1.8, North Carolina at 1.99m and Iowa State at 2m. Oh, and they all have like million dollar plus potential bonus pay.

Yeah, I think that is "a lot of $$$ for a power5 school."

longtimemocfan
December 2nd, 2016, 10:14 AM

Yes, But Bohl didn't play for NDSU. Huesman is a Chattanooga alum so I think it would take a lot more to get him to move.

Thumper 76
December 2nd, 2016, 10:27 AM
Yes, But Bohl didn't play for NDSU. Huesman is a Chattanooga alum so I think it would take a lot more to get him to move.
All it would take is a decent G5 job and a G5 salary. doubling your money in a business where your job security can change in a season is pretty huge. And if it doesn't work out, you made yourself good money and can fall back to FCS.

Sent from my RCT6303W87M7 using Tapatalk

X-Factor
December 2nd, 2016, 10:34 AM

Agree. Seems like he is in a better position now, and everything posted by the beach chickens says he loves his job. Who wouldn't want to live there, too!

SENOREIDA
December 2nd, 2016, 12:40 PM
Looks like Delaware is interviewing Jamie Chadwell today.
http://flightaware.com/live/flight/N521JM/history/20161123/1427Z/KSUT/KRIC

citdog
December 2nd, 2016, 12:44 PM
Agree. Seems like he is in a better position now, and everything posted by the beach chickens says he loves his job. Who wouldn't want to live there, too!

Myrtle Beach is a ****hole. Conway is worse. If I was diagnosed with a fatal disease and was given a year to live I would move to Conway because every day there would seem like an eternity.

Daytripper
December 2nd, 2016, 12:49 PM
Looks like Delaware is interviewing Jamie Chadwell today.
http://flightaware.com/live/flight/N521JM/history/20161123/1427Z/KSUT/KRIC

Hmmm....

longtimemocfan
December 2nd, 2016, 12:51 PM
All it would take is a decent G5 job and a G5 salary. doubling your money in a business where your job security can change in a season is pretty huge. And if it doesn't work out, you made yourself good money and can fall back to FCS.

Sent from my RCT6303W87M7 using Tapatalk

If that's what he's looking for and money does talk I'm sure it could happen.

kdinva
December 2nd, 2016, 01:16 PM
...If I was diagnosed with a fatal disease and was given a year to live I would move to Conway.....

not Greenville?

citdog
December 2nd, 2016, 01:21 PM
not Greenville?

Greenville is actually pretty nice. There is a terrible smell that covers the entire area that NASA scientists say emanates from Travelers Rest.

SENOREIDA
December 2nd, 2016, 01:24 PM
Myrtle Beach is a ****hole. Conway is worse. If I was diagnosed with a fatal disease and was given a year to live I would move to Conway because every day there would seem like an eternity.

Are the knobs singing Christmas Carols this year?

longtimemocfan
December 2nd, 2016, 01:44 PM
Huesman makes about 230k per year.

The lowest paid G5 coach is Doug Martin at NMSU at 380K with 135K in potential bonus pay. Only one other coach makes less than 400K, and that's Matt Viator at ULLM at 390K with over 50k is bonuses.

Only 12 schools in America pay less than 500K (before bonuses)

School - base (not adding potential bonus)
Miami (OH) - 472K
UMASS - 470K
EMU - 435K
Ball State -429K
Idaho - 417K
Akron - 413K
BGSU - 410K
Kent State - 407K
Buffalo - 406K
Hawaii - 400K
UL-M - 390K
NMSU - 380K

Safe to say that ANY FBS school has significantly more to pay him than UT-C.

Look through the conference pays

AAC:
Houston 3m
Cinci 2.2m
Navy 2m
Memphis 1.8m
USF 1.7M
UCF 1.7M
UCONN 1.7M
Temple 1.05m
ECU 1.0m
Tulane isn't disclosed but rumored in 1.7m range
SMU isn't disclosed but rumored in 2.0m range
Tulsa isn't disclosed but rumored in 1.0m range

CUSA
Rice 900K
UTSA 835K
UNT 815K
WKU 806K
MTSU 802K
Marshall 763K
FIU 610K
UNCC 600K
FAU 592K
ODU 555K
UTEP 515K
LU 500K
USM 500K

MAC
Ohio 573K
CMU 546K
MIAMI 472
EMU 434
BALL STATE 425
AKRON 411
BGSU 410
KENT STATE 407
BUFF 406

MT WEST
FSU 156M
CSU 1.5M
BSU 1.3M
WYO 910K
AF 885
UNM 824
SDSU 811
USU 800
UNR 578
SJSU 547
UNLV 510
HAWAII 400

SBC
AR STATE 700
TROY 660
TSU 650
USA 560
GStU 539
ASU 525
GSoU 500
IDAHO 417 (MOVING FCS)
ULM 390
NMSU 376 (GOING INDY)

Is more than doubling your pay "a lot of $$$ for a power5 school." Average G5 pay is 800K. Aver P5 pay is 3.2m. NCAA average is 1.9

Wait, read that again... P5 school? Yeah, the lowest paid P5 coach is at 1.4M and that's Minnesota. After that it's Illinois at 1.8, North Carolina at 1.99m and Iowa State at 2m. Oh, and they all have like million dollar plus potential bonus pay.

Yeah, I think that is "a lot of $$$ for a power5 school."

I get your point and for most coaches money does talk. Willie Fritz coached at SHSU and moved to a up and coming G5 program Ga. Southern. I never could understand why he left GSU for Tulane until I looked his salary up and he more or less doubled what he was making.

PurpleStreamers
December 2nd, 2016, 02:04 PM
I get your point and for most coaches money does talk. Willie Fritz coached at SHSU and moved to a up and coming G5 program Ga. Southern. I never could understand why he left GSU for Tulane until I looked his salary up and he more or less doubled what he was making.

Yeah, when Withers left winning at JMU to go suck at Texas St. it may not have made since football wise but tough to blame a guy for going from 325 to 650 per.

citdog
December 2nd, 2016, 02:08 PM
Are the knobs singing Christmas Carols this year?

https://wolfenfilms.files.wordpress.com/2010/10/weak-sauce.jpg

longtimemocfan
December 2nd, 2016, 02:11 PM
Yeah, when Withers left winning at JMU to go suck at Texas St. it may not have made since football wise but tough to blame a guy for going from 325 to 650 per.

Yeah I know money talks, but you better have a plan going to your new job before you spring for it.

RootinFerDukes
December 2nd, 2016, 02:14 PM
Yeah I know money talks, but you better have a plan going to your new job before you spring for it.

Yeah Withers clearly didn't think that through if he ended up jumping at Texas State of all schools. His head coaching career will die in San Marcos, I can all but guarantee it.

longtimemocfan
December 2nd, 2016, 02:22 PM
Yeah Withers clearly didn't think that through if he ended up jumping at Texas State of all schools. His head coaching career will die in San Marcos, I can all but guarantee it.

Your right probably not as a head coach for sure.

SENOREIDA
December 2nd, 2016, 09:12 PM
So Hens fans, I noticed on your forum you figured out the plane landed in Cape Fear Airport? Didn't even know that existed, sorry to bust your bubble but Conway has an airport to land a small piper and Myrtle Beach has an international airport. Moglia wouldn't drive to the middle of nowhere to fly out, plus that plane stopped in Richmond. Do you think it was Rocco's agent?

How do you guys feel about Chadwell?

caribbeanhen
December 2nd, 2016, 09:14 PM
So Hens fans, I noticed on your forum you figured out the plane landed in Cape Fear Airport? Didn't even know that existed, sorry to bust your bubble but Conway has an airport to land a small piper and Myrtle Beach has an international airport. Moglia wouldn't drive to the middle of nowhere to fly out, plus that plane stopped in Richmond. Do you think it was Rocco's agent?

How do you guys feel about Chadwell?

One could surmise Chadwell or his agent was in Newark yesterday

Date
Aircraft
Origin
Destination
Departure
Arrival
Duration

Date01-Dec-2016 (http://flightaware.com/live/flight/N521JM/history/20161201/1448Z/KCHS/KILG)
AircraftPAY1
OriginCharleston Afb/Intl (KCHS (http://flightaware.com/live/airport/KCHS))
DestinationNew Castle (KILG (http://flightaware.com/live/airport/KILG))
Departure10:03AM EST
Arrival11:52AM EST
Duration1:49

Date01-Dec-2016 (http://flightaware.com/live/flight/N521JM/history/20161201/1130Z/KILG/KCHS)
AircraftPAY1
OriginNew Castle (KILG (http://flightaware.com/live/airport/KILG))
DestinationCharleston Afb/Intl (KCHS (http://flightaware.com/live/airport/KCHS))
Departure06:39AM EST
Arrival09:27AM EST
Duration2:48

Date25-Nov-2016 (http://flightaware.com/live/flight/N521JM/history/20161125/2234Z/KRIC/KILG)
AircraftPAY1
OriginRichmond Intl (KRIC (http://flightaware.com/live/airport/KRIC))
Departure06:19PM EST
Arrival07:09PM EST
Duration0:50

Date25-Nov-2016 (http://flightaware.com/live/flight/N521JM/history/20161125/2110Z/KILG/KRIC)
AircraftPAY1
DestinationRichmond Intl (KRIC (http://flightaware.com/live/airport/KRIC))
Departure04:44PM EST
Arrival05:41PM EST
Duration0:57

Date23-Nov-2016 (http://flightaware.com/live/flight/N521JM/history/20161123/1605Z/KRIC/KILG)
AircraftPAY1
OriginRichmond Intl (KRIC (http://flightaware.com/live/airport/KRIC))
Departure11:14AM EST
Arrival12:02PM EST
Duration0:48

Date23-Nov-2016 (http://flightaware.com/live/flight/N521JM/history/20161123/1427Z/KSUT/KRIC)
AircraftPAY1
OriginCape Fear Rgnl Jetport/Howie Franklin Fld (KSUT (http://flightaware.com/live/airport/KSUT))
DestinationRichmond Intl (KRIC (http://flightaware.com/live/airport/KRIC))
Departure09:37AM EST
Arrival10:35AM EST
Duration0:58

Date23-Nov-2016 (http://flightaware.com/live/flight/N521JM/history/20161123/1210Z/KILG/KSUT)
AircraftPAY1
DestinationCape Fear Rgnl Jetport/Howie Franklin Fld (KSUT (http://flightaware.com/live/airport/KSUT))
Departure07:07AM EST
Arrival08:50AM EST (? (http://flightaware.com/about/faq.rvt#flightresultunknown))
Duration1:43

ngineer
December 2nd, 2016, 10:17 PM
What about Kevin Higgins, current OC at Wake Forest. Had a good run at The Citadel and familiar with UD from his past HC position at Lehigh.

caribbeanhen
December 2nd, 2016, 10:35 PM
What about Kevin Higgins, current OC at Wake Forest. Had a good run at The Citadel and familiar with UD from his past HC position at Lehigh.

why did he have a good run at the Citadel? his record was 43–58 and only 2 winning seasons in 9 years?

but very impressive while at Lehigh....

BigHouseClosedEnd
December 2nd, 2016, 10:39 PM
Delaware should be looking at Rod Broadway. Perhaps that was the Cape Fear flight's purpose.

caribbeanhen
December 2nd, 2016, 10:58 PM
Delaware should be looking at Rod Broadway. Perhaps that was the Cape Fear flight's purpose.

the guy is a good coach, but the Cape Fear airport is a long way from NCAnT, but his season is over, maybe he's has a house down that way.....

BullDog85
December 2nd, 2016, 11:16 PM
Chadwell is a damn good coach. Yes, I know some El Cid fans talk **** about him, but you have to respect his coaching abilities and he has that in spades. He's a winner, with a big mouth. So what? He wasn't hired to be a diplomat, he was hired to win football games. He's a also a good recruiter. He did a great job at North Greenville (D2) and turned around a loosing program at CSU and a move to Deleware would almost double his pay, IMHO. As to Higgins, I don't see him considering another FCS HC job because he's already making more than what that pays now with less responsibilities and Wake Forest is starting to turn. I just don't see him abandoning his pal at WF at this moment for less money.

caribbeanhen
December 3rd, 2016, 04:34 AM
of the 2 rumored coahes to Delaware I take Chadwell over Rocco

BigHouseClosedEnd
December 3rd, 2016, 05:09 AM
Where would you put Broadway in that mix?

caribbeanhen
December 3rd, 2016, 05:27 AM
Where would you put Broadway in that mix?

Richmond

melloware13
December 5th, 2016, 10:29 PM
I'm not sure if this has been mentioned elsewhere, but the University's job listings do not currently list anything for this position. (Head Coach - Women's Volleyball is listed, and they were made open on the same day).

Daytripper
December 5th, 2016, 10:48 PM
I'm not sure if this has been mentioned elsewhere, but the University's job listings do not currently list anything for this position. (Head Coach - Women's Volleyball is listed, and they were made open on the same day).

Hmmmmm.......

LeopardBall10
December 6th, 2016, 07:42 AM

That is actually pretty typical. The higher profile jobs (i.e. football) are not typically posted like the rest of the coaching positions because the school does not want to solicite 1,000 resumes they have no intention of reading. This is especially true if the the school is utilizing a search firm who will dig up all of the candidates. These jobs also do not typically make it to the NCAA Job Board either.

Some schools do have a requirement that the job is posted for x number of days (usually state schools who have to play by state rules). In that case the opening is usually posted without much fanfare once the candidates have already been selected and then vanishes with nothing really coming of it.

clenz
December 6th, 2016, 08:12 AM
Some schools do have a requirement that the job is posted for x number of days (usually state schools who have to play by state rules). In that case the opening is usually posted without much fanfare once the candidates have already been selected and then vanishes with nothing really coming of it.
That's exactly how it works at UNI for almost every single coaching position.

Last spring Ryan Mahaffey came back to be OC and was around in Jan, recruited and coached spring ball. The job wasn't posted until after the start of the new FY with a very basic job description.

I know we've had the exact situation play out with basketball assistants too. One of our assistants left a few years ago to take a D3 HC and AD job. He was there for a year and realized he wanted to be back at UNI. Came back in the spring, recruited, coached camps, etc... and the job was posted in late July/early August.

It confuses fans that don't understand how things like that work, but almost never are coaching jobs at a state university posted to get applicants. They are posted to meet state requirements, and almost always after a coach has been approved by an AD.

IIRC Iowa State posted their HC gig last year. They posted it about 3 days after it was announced who would be getting the job and stayed "Active" even after he was given the job because his contract didn't "kick in" until after the closing date.

LeopardBall10
December 6th, 2016, 09:26 AM
IIRC Iowa State posted their HC gig last year. They posted it about 3 days after it was announced who would be getting the job and stayed "Active" even after he was given the job because his contract didn't "kick in" until after the closing date.

Interestingly enough I just saw the Lafayette HC job posted on the NCAA job board today. Its not posted on the college job page though. As of right now the only two FBS or FCS head coaching jobs that are posted on the NCAA job board are Lafayette and Bryant. Not sure what that says about those two positions and their searches.

centraljerseycat
December 6th, 2016, 10:35 AM
Wonder how Chadwell would do with transfers, sunglasses for night games and scheduling 3 sisters of the poor for non-conference games cause he could pass for KC Keeler's little brother....eerie similarity....

MR. CHICKEN
December 6th, 2016, 01:23 PM
Wonder how Chadwell would do with transfers, sunglasses for night games and scheduling 3 sisters of the poor for non-conference games cause he could pass for KC Keeler's little brother....eerie similarity....

.........WILL LET YA KNOW.........WHEN CHADWELL....MAKES 3 NATIONAL CHAMPIONSHIP ENGAGEMENTS....IN 8 YEARS......WHICH WOODAH BEEN LIGHTS OUT.....HAD MOUSEKETEERS/BIZONSSSSSSS...NOT....GONE ON DEY'RE RUNS........BRAWK!

superman7515
December 12th, 2016, 12:04 PM
Coach Rocco is met with UD this morning and is meeting with Richmond this afternoon, Russ Huesman is scheduled to meet with UD later in the week, but I think he's the backup plan. As of this second, sounds like a done deal and Rocco has been poached from Richmond barring a Hail Mary (pardon the pun) from the UR admin with only a few hours left.

jsnow84
December 12th, 2016, 12:58 PM
Rocco has been very unhappy at RU for the last couple of years. If not Delaware, I would expect to see him somewhere else soon. Chadwell? Not sure he is a good fit for Delaware. I could see him at RU if Rocco leaves. Moglia? I can see him leaving CCU for a decent job. CCU is not going to be an attractive job in the future. They will have losing seasons for several years and crowds as small as Hillary's IQ.

Libertine
December 12th, 2016, 03:57 PM
Chadwell? .... I could see him at RU if Rocco leaves.

Not to be insulting to anyone here but Richmond and Charleston Southern are significantly different schools. Richmond was founded in 1830, has an endowment of more than $2 billion and, academically, has a great deal in common with the University of Virginia, Villanova and the Patriot League schools whereas Charleston Southern has a Zaxby's across the street.

Daytripper
December 12th, 2016, 04:39 PM
Read somewhere that Rocco might be interviewing with Temple.

Grizalltheway
December 12th, 2016, 04:44 PM
Not to be insulting to anyone here but Richmond and Charleston Southern are significantly different schools. Richmond was founded in 1830, has an endowment of more than $2 billion and, academically, has a great deal in common with the University of Virginia, Villanova and the Patriot League schools whereas Charleston Southern has a Zaxby's across the street.

A quick peek at Google Maps reveals that Liberty has a Cracker Barrel, BWW, Walmart and Burger King across the street, among others.

citdog
December 12th, 2016, 04:44 PM

At least ladson southern doesn't have a rape enabler as its athletic director.

superman7515
December 12th, 2016, 06:22 PM

Yeah, sounds like they may have to pump the brakes a tad. We'll see what happens.

http://www.delawareonline.com/story/sports/college/ud/2016/12/12/ud-not-ud-owls-also-look-richmonds-rocco/95354238/

If Delaware doesn't land Rocco, where would the Hens go?

Chattanooga coach Russ Huesman has been widely viewed as another strong candidate, and he was also considered a possibility to land at Richmond, where he was once defensive coordinator, should Rocco leave.

Others whose names have popped up include Coastal Carolina coach Joe Moglia; Tennessee defensive coordinator Bob Shoop; Pete Lembo, assistant head coach/special teams coordinator at Maryland; Mike London, Maryland's associate head coach/defensive line coach; and Brian Smith, the Concord High grad who is a Michigan defensive backs coach.

Delaware made an unsuccessful effort last week to discuss the position with Sam Houston State offensive coordinator Phil Longo, sources familiar with the situation have said.

Athletic director Chrissi Rawak, aided by the search firm Korn Ferry, certainly has other options whose names have likely not surfaced. Coach Jamey Chadwell of Big South member Charleston Southern, for instance, has frequently been viewed as a prime prospect for a move up to a real league.

citdog
December 12th, 2016, 07:04 PM
Coach Jamey Chadwell of Big South member Charleston Southern, for instance, has frequently been viewed as a prime prospect for a move up to a real league.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B0neB1b29l8

MacThor
December 12th, 2016, 07:07 PM

Richmond gives their basketball ST holders a free meal coupon at Zaxby's on the back of every ticket. Unfortunately, they all expired in November.

PAllen
December 12th, 2016, 07:32 PM
Yeah, sounds like they may have to pump the brakes a tad. We'll see what happens.

http://www.delawareonline.com/story/sports/college/ud/2016/12/12/ud-not-ud-owls-also-look-richmonds-rocco/95354238/

Wow, they really burned the bridge with sunglasses. Even his coordinator won't take the job.

Go Lehigh TU owl
December 12th, 2016, 07:37 PM

Rocco definitely met with Temple....

MR. CHICKEN
December 13th, 2016, 07:27 AM
.....IS YOU-DEE....MAKIN' 'NOTHERAH MESS....OUTTAH...SEARCH FO' HEAD COACH...........WHIFF ALL DUH PROBS....WE'VE HAD......AFFLETIC DIRECTORS......LOSER COACHS....IN SEVERAL SPORTS....DOES ROCCO WANT DUH JOB...OR NOT.......HE'S WHORIN' UP DUH PROCESS.......IFIN' HE GETS OUR JOB...IS HE ALL IN......WHAT'S GOIN' ON MARVIN.....xdontknowx.....BRAWK!

http://www.richmond.com/sports/article_4776a784-0a2b-5e96-8fab-11a4a4a0e2bf.html

Gangtackle11
December 13th, 2016, 07:38 AM
Temple job pays $2million+. Smart to see if he's in or out before deciding on UD job.

MR. CHICKEN
December 13th, 2016, 07:44 AM
....NOT BLAMIN' ROCCO...FO' GOIN' AFTERAH MO' DUCATS.......AH'M PINNIN' IT ON UD......NOW WE GOT RICHMOND.....FO' SPITE AFTERAH HUESMAN....WHOM MIGHT BE UD'S SECOND BEST CHOICE......CAN DELAWARE DO ANYTHIN' RIGHT.....STARTIN' TA STINK.....LIKE UH OVER-LOADED DIAPER..............AWK!

....ROCCO'S CARDS ARE ON TABLE....HE WANTS FBS......WHAA...ENTERTAIN HIM...NOW..........BRAWK!

TheRevSFA
December 13th, 2016, 08:05 AM
....NOT BLAMIN' ROCCO...FO' GOIN' AFTERAH MO' DUCATS.......AH'M PINNIN' IT ON UD......NOW WE GOT RICHMOND.....FO' SPITE AFTERAH HUESMAN....WHOM MIGHT BE UD'S SECOND BEST CHOICE......CAN DELAWARE DO ANYTHIN' RIGHT.....STARTIN' TA STINK.....LIKE UH OVER-LOADED DIAPER..............AWK!

....ROCCO'S CARDS ARE ON TABLE....HE WANTS FBS......WHAA...ENTERTAIN HIM...NOW..........BRAWK!

If Delaware is smart..they go after Longo at Sam with a lucrative HC job and salary should Rocco head to Temple

MR. CHICKEN
December 13th, 2016, 08:10 AM
If Delaware is smart..they go after Longo at Sam with a lucrative HC job and salary should Rocco head to Temple

...SUPPOSEDLY.....TRIED TA TALK TO 'EM........'PARENTLAH...WANTS NO PART...UH DUH ELEVEN PIECE BUCKET.........BRAWK!

....BESIDES......IFIN' KEELER IS AN OWL....HE COOD DRAG LONGO.....WITH HIM....OC @ TEMPLE....MO' $$$....DAN HEAD COACH @ SAMMY STATE.......AWK!

Gate83
December 13th, 2016, 09:13 AM
http://www.espn.com/college-football/story/_/id/18268276/temple-owls-hire-florida-gators-defensive-coordinator-geoff-collins-head-coach

Betting the other dominoes now fall in short order... Rocco to UD, Huesman to UR

MR. CHICKEN
December 13th, 2016, 09:16 AM
....ROCCO IS SOILED......OWN-LAH WAY TA MAKE..IT UP.....TO PECKERHEADS........X-FER QB..&..3 AMIGOS.....WHIFF GRUBB HOOKS...LIKE KUPP....AWK!

.......JARMON.....CAN HOLD........ DUH PLAY PLACARDS.....BRAWK!

.............OOOOPS!.....NEED UH PUNT RETURNER.......SPICY MUSTARD........PRESSBOX.......ETAL................ ...RAWAK!

SENOREIDA
December 13th, 2016, 09:59 AM
Rocco has been very unhappy at RU for the last couple of years. If not Delaware, I would expect to see him somewhere else soon. Chadwell? Not sure he is a good fit for Delaware. I could see him at RU if Rocco leaves. Moglia? I can see him leaving CCU for a decent job. CCU is not going to be an attractive job in the future. They will have losing seasons for several years and crowds as small as Hillary's IQ.
You're right! Look at how bad App State and Georgia Southern transitions. Nothing but doom and gloom for CCU's future. 🙄

Get out of here. Moglia isn't going anywhere. Especially not a step down to coach at Delaware.

bluehenbillk
December 13th, 2016, 10:04 AM
NBC12 WWBT Richmond Retweeted (https://twitter.com/NBC12)

https://pbs.twimg.com/profile_images/649818342279282688/V-sg4U9C_bigger.jpgMarc Davis ‏@marcdavissports (https://twitter.com/marcdavissports) 12m12 minutes ago (https://twitter.com/marcdavissports/status/808700262537920512)
BREAKING: Danny Rocco is leaving Richmond to become the next head coach at Delaware, per sources. #Spiders (https://twitter.com/hashtag/Spiders?src=hash) @NBC12 (https://twitter.com/NBC12)

Done Deal!!

walliver
December 13th, 2016, 10:13 AM
You're right! Look at how bad App State and Georgia Southern transitions. Nothing but doom and gloom for CCU's future. 

Get out of here. Moglia isn't going anywhere. Especially not a step down to coach at Delaware.

App was averaging around 30K per game and GSU was drawing 20K+ at the time of their transition. CCU's fate is yet to be determined.

On the other hand, Moglia doesn't need the money and is too old to work his way to the very top, so I wouldn't picture him leaving unless he seeks a personal challenge such as a P5 or AAC job.

MR. CHICKEN
December 13th, 2016, 10:15 AM
NBC12 WWBT Richmond Retweeted (https://twitter.com/NBC12)

https://pbs.twimg.com/profile_images/649818342279282688/V-sg4U9C_bigger.jpgMarc Davis ‏@marcdavissports (https://twitter.com/marcdavissports) 12m12 minutes ago (https://twitter.com/marcdavissports/status/808700262537920512)
BREAKING: Danny Rocco is leaving Richmond to become the next head coach at Delaware, per sources. #Spiders (https://twitter.com/hashtag/Spiders?src=hash) @NBC12 (https://twitter.com/NBC12)

Done Deal!!

........LEAST HE KNOWS....WHAA KINDAH....WHOPPIN'.....DUH BIZONSSS.....CAN LAY ON YA....HOPE HE LEARNED 'NUFF...TA GET US READY....IN '18/'19........AWQ!

Mattymc727
December 13th, 2016, 10:16 AM
WOW

SENOREIDA
December 13th, 2016, 10:40 AM
App was averaging around 30K per game and GSU was drawing 20K+ at the time of their transition. CCU's fate is yet to be determined.

On the other hand, Moglia doesn't need the money and is too old to work his way to the very top, so I wouldn't picture him leaving unless he seeks a personal challenge such as a P5 or AAC job.
That was in reference to losing games, not attendance. But attendance will rise, with more interest, and the university is definitely getting more interest.

He had said and our administration has said all along that he would be foolish to turn down a P5 job.

grayghost06
December 13th, 2016, 10:48 AM
Probably a good hire for UD, but can't think of it as anything more than a lateral move for Rocco. He must have wanted out of Richmond something fierce to uproot his family from Virginia. Liberty to Richmond to Delaware is not a logical progression. Liberty to a MAC school to AAC/low level P5 is what the two moves ideally would have produced. Be interested to find out the scoop on this.

bluehenbillk
December 13th, 2016, 10:52 AM
The two main reasons Rocco is moving are : 1- $$$. Rocco himself will probably not see much of a pay raise as he was one of the highest paid FCS coaches in the country, around 437K, but the $$ for the assistants will be a signifcant jump reportedly, 50% to double.

2- Delaware's new administration (new Prez & new AD) aren't messing around - making immediate changes to a former power hoping to restore order. Whether it's still in FCS or making the jump there will be plenty of facility changes announced in the next 1 to 6 months as well.

kdinva
December 13th, 2016, 10:58 AM
- making immediate changes to a former power hoping to restore order. Whether it's still in FCS or making the jump there will be plenty of facility changes announced in the next 1 to 6 months as well.

new and much bigger press box, among other enhancments?

PAllen
December 13th, 2016, 11:11 AM
new and much bigger press box, among other enhancments?

Upgrading to a doublewide.

citdog
December 13th, 2016, 11:20 AM
Extra wide aisles to accommodate walkers and an early bird special at the concession stand for the 88 year olds who make up the fanbase at UD?

bluehenbillk
December 13th, 2016, 11:25 AM
Yes, new press box & suites have been discussed. Shannon Faulkner gave the handrails in the aisleways of the Tub a thumbs up years ago when they were installed, maybe you should listen to her... :)

Gangtackle11
December 13th, 2016, 11:31 AM
Excited to see Coach Cocko donning Blue & Chicken Yellow. Just another good reason to hate him more than us Cats already do.

Doc QB
December 13th, 2016, 11:35 AM
Yes, new press box & suites have been discussed. Shannon Faulkner gave the handrails in the aisleways of the Tub a thumbs up years ago when they were installed, maybe you should listen to her... :)

I thought you could have gone with a "she pees standing up" sorta thing given UD's classic men's rooms. But, I digress.

Its only Tuesday. Rocco was reportedly in town in Newark and/or Philly Sunday after returning in airplane at 2am early Sunday. Lots of chatroom talk yesterday. Twitter report today. My question is, given the timeline, how long has he known, what was so bad about UR, what is better about a conference mate that is down, and when did he tell his UR players he was gone? As to the latter, I don't think he did, not enuff time, but I would defer to any UR guys here with inside knowledge. Would be an interesting room to be in...a guy telling his men he is leaving for a conference mate, one that is admittedly down. As a player, a coach telling me that would certainly make me feel like *****.

UR will get someone solid, UD will improve. I think FCS is better when UD is playing well. Interesting off-season already, save the four guys still alive for the trophy in Frisco.

superman7515
December 13th, 2016, 12:02 PM
I don't understand how any of these so-called Richmond football aficionados are surprised with the speed in which Rocco was willing to leave the Spiders for Newark. The fact remains as true today as it has been for the last several years, there's only one heavyweight left on the east coast for FCS football. It's red panty day in the Rocco house, I wouldn't expect any press conference early tomorrow morning, the Mrs. just found out all of their dreams came true.

RootinFerDukes
December 13th, 2016, 01:21 PM
FIRE.....ROCK...O?

MR. CHICKEN
December 13th, 2016, 01:41 PM
I thought you could have gone with a "she pees standing up" sorta thing given UD's classic men's rooms. But, I digress.

Its only Tuesday. Rocco was reportedly in town in Newark and/or Philly Sunday after returning in airplane at 2am early Sunday. Lots of chatroom talk yesterday. Twitter report today. My question is, given the timeline, how long has he known, what was so bad about UR, what is better about a conference mate that is down, and when did he tell his UR players he was gone? As to the latter, I don't think he did, not enuff time, but I would defer to any UR guys here with inside knowledge. Would be an interesting room to be in...a guy telling his men he is leaving for a conference mate, one that is admittedly down. As a player, a coach telling me that would certainly make me feel like *****.

UR will get someone solid, UD will improve. I think FCS is better when UD is playing well. Interesting off-season already, save the four guys still alive for the trophy in Frisco.

...JUDGIN' BAH EFFORT....ON LEFT COAST.......IN TEAM HUDDLE....JES' B/4....KICK-OFF..........AWK!

SFspidur
December 13th, 2016, 01:45 PM
when did he tell his UR players he was gone? As to the latter, I don't think he did, not enuff time, but I would defer to any UR guys here with inside knowledge. Would be an interesting room to be in...a guy telling his men he is leaving for a conference mate, one that is admittedly down. As a player, a coach telling me that would certainly make me feel like *****.
He did not officially tell his players.

There was a team meeting on Sunday afternoon after they got back, but there was nothing concrete said there. Typical end-of-season stuff and he admitted he'd be sitting down to think about his options and opportunities as any coach does at the end of a season. By the time things were finalized this morning, most of the players had already finished exams and left for break, so there was no team meeting.

MR. CHICKEN
December 13th, 2016, 01:48 PM
Excited to see Coach Cocko donning Blue & Chicken Yellow. Just another good reason to hate him more than us Cats already do.

....YA 'S CAN....EXPECT.......MO'.....EXCLAMATION POINT TD'S....IN DUH FUTURE TOO!....LOOKIN' FO'WARDS....TA BE INSIDE YER 10 YARD LINE.....WHIFF UH 37 POINT LEAD......AN' 20 SECONDS TA GO....:D....AWK!

longtimemocfan
December 13th, 2016, 01:57 PM
Richmond has offered the head coaching position to Russ Huesman. Chattanooga countered by offering Huesman a lucrative amount to keep him. Stay tuned.

SFspidur
December 13th, 2016, 02:02 PM
Richmond has offered the head coaching position to Russ Huesman. Chattanooga countered by offering Huesman a lucrative amount to keep him. Stay tuned.
Yeah, being discussed over here:

http://www.anygivensaturday.com/showthread.php?189948-Richmond-s-New-Head-Coach-Will-Be

Doesn't look like Chatty can come close to matching Richmond $$$ if the Spiders are willing to approach the Rocco level, but that's not the only consideration for Russ.

longtimemocfan
December 13th, 2016, 02:07 PM
He makes roughly 236,000 as of Jan. 2016. Rocco was supposedly around 450k or so. Apparently the Chattanooga offer was somewhere in between.

Gangtackle11
December 13th, 2016, 02:23 PM
....YA 'S CAN....EXPECT.......MO'.....EXCLAMATION POINT TD'S....IN DUH FUTURE TOO!....LOOKIN' FO'WARDS....TA BE INSIDE YER 10 YARD LINE.....WHIFF UH 37 POINT LEAD......AN' 20 SECONDS TA GO....:D....AWK!

Obviously Mr. CHICKEN has eaten some bad feed. It's been a decade of despair for the Cluckers when it comes to Nova. Start by beating Rhody or Maine consistently before you start spreading your wings for Nova.

MR. CHICKEN
December 13th, 2016, 02:57 PM
......ROCKY.......WILL ELIMINATE..DUH VIRUS...UH OURAH OL' COACHIN' STAFF.....WE'LL BE LIGHT YEARS ADVANCED.....IN ONE SWIPE...UH HIS MAGIC WAND......MEAN WHILST.....PLEASE VISIT [email protected] HOME...KEEP HIS HAIR.....APPLESAUCE FREE.......LET HIM BELIEVE....HE TOOK DUH 'JACKS......xrotatehx........BRAWK!

caribbeanhen
December 13th, 2016, 03:42 PM
......ROCKY.......WILL ELIMINATE..DUH VIRUS...UH OURAH OL' COACHIN' STAFF.....WE'LL BE LIGHT YEARS ADVANCED.....IN ONE SWIPE...UH HIS MAGIC WAND......MEAN WHILST.....PLEASE VISIT [email protected] HOME...KEEP HIS HAIR.....APPLESAUCE FREE.......LET HIM BELIEVE....HE TOOK DUH 'JACKS......xrotatehx........BRAWK!

now this is funny! Too bad old Andy couldn't hang around a bit longer so he could lose to Rocco who has his number

caribbeanhen
December 13th, 2016, 03:45 PM
Obviously Mr. CHICKEN has eaten some bad feed. It's been a decade of despair for the Cluckers when it comes to Nova. Start by beating Rhody or Maine consistently before you start spreading your wings for Nova.

Gangland, did you ever report of your trip out to the Bad lands.... I was watching on ESPN3 and almost felt a bit chilly down here under the palms when I saw that snow coming down

Gangtackle11
December 13th, 2016, 05:37 PM
Gangland, did you ever report of your trip out to the Bad lands.... I was watching on ESPN3 and almost felt a bit chilly down here under the palms when I saw that snow coming down

It wasn't that bad as temps were in the mid 30s. Only thing colder was Villanova offense. We had the Jackrabbits on the run. They are a very good team, but nothing that good CAA teams can't play with. They were fortunate to get the rematch they ultimately didn't want with NDSU.

BTW: SDSU fans were nice, but it was easy because they won. Brookings may not be the end of the earth, but with a good pair of binoculars you can see it from there.

Grizalltheway
December 13th, 2016, 05:45 PM
It wasn't that bad as temps were in the mid 30s. Only thing colder was Villanova offense. We had the Jackrabbits on the run. They are a very good team, but nothing that good CAA teams can't play with. They were fortunate to get the rematch they ultimately didn't want with NDSU.

BTW: SDSU fans were nice, but it was easy because they won. Brookings may not be the end of the earth, but with a good pair of binoculars you can see it from there.

You really shouldn't project the behavior of Philly sports fans onto the rest of the country. Out here near the end of the earth we still believe in a thing called sportsmanship, so I highly doubt you would have been treated poorly if Nova had won.

bison137
December 13th, 2016, 05:48 PM
He makes roughly 236,000 as of Jan. 2016. Rocco was supposedly around 450k or so. Apparently the Chattanooga offer was somewhere in between.

Curious us where that $450,000 figure is coming from. Richmond's last two Form 990's show him making far less than that.

Gangtackle11
December 13th, 2016, 05:53 PM
You really shouldn't project the behavior of Philly sports fans onto the rest of the country. Out here near the end of the earth we still believe in a thing called sportsmanship, so I highly doubt you would have been treated poorly if Nova had won.

Good thing I'm originally from NY & root for NY teams. Sorry you took offense. I guess the closer you get to the end of the earth the nicer people get. xsmiley_wix

KPSUL
December 14th, 2016, 09:56 AM
FIRE.....ROCK...O?

I think it will be more like; " Fire BRAWK-O" in a couple seasons!

ccd494
December 14th, 2016, 10:15 AM

Yeah because Rhody and Maine are comparable.

Catatonic
December 14th, 2016, 11:32 AM
Curious us where that $450,000 figure is coming from. Richmond's last two Form 990's show him making far less than that.

http://www.thecollegianur.com/article/2015/09/university-of-richmonds-form-990-explained

Gangtackle11
December 14th, 2016, 02:05 PM
Yeah because Rhody and Maine are comparable.

It was more a shot that they haven't consistently beat either & he's talking about beating Nova which has happened 1 time in the last 10 seasons. Coach Cocko has won 2 of 3 against Nova. We'll see how he does with the Mother Cluckers.

Gangtackle11
December 14th, 2016, 02:41 PM
.......ALAS!.....ANDY HAS JUMPED SHIP...ON LAST ROW BOAT....OUT........YER ON YER OWN 'CATS...WILSON....HAD UH....BETTER CHANCE.....BROCCO!

Coached by Cocko play like Lorraine Bracco. BRAWK!!!!!xeyebrowx

Gangtackle11
December 14th, 2016, 02:42 PM
Actually congrats to Blue Hen football. All of us up the road welcome the challenge of a renewed rivalry.

Spider from the North
December 14th, 2016, 08:19 PM

Not true.
Last Form 990 (https://docs.google.com/viewer?url=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.guidestar.org%2FFinDoc uments%2F2013%2F540%2F505%2F2013-540505965-0a69c711-9.pdf) made available for public inspection was for the tax year 2012 and he was making a base salary of $437,672. That was his second year at Richmond. He receives bonuses in addition to that and he has had raises since then. In 2015 when he made the semi-finals, I would be comfortable in guessing that his income exceeded $550,000. See also article: The Collegian (http://www.thecollegianur.com/article/2015/09/university-of-richmonds-form-990-explained).
I may be wrong, but unless you have more current information as you suggest, I think that it would be hard for anyone to believe that he makes far less than $450,000.
Please provide your source of information.

SFspidur
December 14th, 2016, 09:18 PM
Rocco is not included on the 990 forms for 2013 and 2014, and some people have incorrectly concluded it means he made less than everyone else that was included, meaning he would have made low to mid $200s max.

In reality, the list of people included on the form is broken down into various categories including officers, key employees, and highest paid employees that don't fall into other categories. That last one is where Danny showed up in 2012...the university is required to report the five highest paid of these employees.

Also complicating things is that only certain types of compensation count toward making the top 5. In 2012, Rocco's salary for this purpose was $360k, but he made another $77k in other compensation for a total of $437k. The $360k base was enough for Rocco to be #2 on the highest paid list behind Mooney (who had a $745k base plus an additional $400k).

In more recent years, he hasn't made the cut as other employees have come in with higher base compensation. For example, in 2013 the #5 employee had a base of $412k. In 2014, it took a base of $432k to make the list.

So he wasn't included on the tax form because other employees saw big increases and his base was no longer quite high enough to make the list. But throw in his other compensation (see Mooney for an example of how much that extra can be), and Rocco was undoubtedly still well into the $400k range at a minimum.