PDA

View Full Version : Lehigh @ New Hampshire (Winner to JMU)

Pages : [1] 2

Lehigh'98
November 21st, 2016, 11:04 AM
I'm tired of talking about lighting. Let's get down to some football. I'm guessing this will be a pickem to UNH -3 as far as the odds go. Don't know much about UNH this year except they are damn good at beating Maine, getting 7 wins and making the playoffs every year.

The team looked really pumped yesterday when they found out they were in. That was pretty cool to see. How does Lehigh matchup with UNH this year? I think they will be ready for Lehigh after last year. Not convinced they can stop us, but I've been wrong before.

Go Lehigh TU owl
November 21st, 2016, 11:07 AM
UNH deserves to be the favorite at home imo. I have a hard time seeing them losing two straight first round playoff games at home (would be 3 overall dating back to the semi loss to ISU in 2014).

Weather looks cold and blustery. If I'm UNH I pound the ball at the LU front 7 all game.

RootinFerDukes
November 21st, 2016, 11:15 AM
Massey has Lehigh as 5 point favorites. 65% chance of winning.

dwtime
November 21st, 2016, 11:28 AM
I would say Lehigh would be favored for sure. Our offense is up in the air at the moment as our starting QB went down with a foot injury. That said many UNH posters feel the team has a better chance with the backup QB, he is less mobile but seems to be a bit more accurate on his throws and has a quick release. If we can run UNH has a better chance of winning, Crossan is a stud and if he has a full head of steam and gets open field 5 yards beyond the line of scrimmage he is usually gone. Also we have good DB's but I think with how good Lehigh throws they will be greatly challenged, the mistakes they make are coverage errors which has hurt us especially in the JMU game.

Mattymc727
November 21st, 2016, 11:39 AM
Only thing in UNHs favor is Dalton Crossan. Pound the rock!

Go Lehigh TU owl
November 21st, 2016, 12:19 PM
I honestly didn't think UNH was going to beat Maine in Orono. That was a huge win for the Wildcats and shows what type of ceiling they have. That was basically a playoff game for them so they're going to be in week two of elimination play. When I saw Lehigh was headed to Durham my first reaction was "Oh no". They'll be ready to make amends for last year's perceived debacle against Colgate. McDonnell is usually pretty good in these type of situations. His teams tend to wander in strange moments which hurts them. The loss to Dartmouth, yes a middling IL team, is an example of that.

This is real tough spot for Lehigh. I thought this team had a chance to advance but needed a little extra boost like a home game. I've stated that for weeks. Lehigh has proven to be really good, they've been hammering teams. They had Fordham down 51-9 in the 3rd quarter. There's very few teams in the country that could do that. But are they ready to go up there on get it down after 60 minutes against UNH team will bring their A game? I had faith in 2010 (honestly I did) that Lehigh could beat UNI for the simple fact UNI wasn't a Top 15 team. I think UNH is a similar squad but will be more focused and respectful of their opponent.

I liked the Towson matchup in 2011 the most. Close to home, plenty of Lehigh fans, a proven team against the upstart.....

This will be the 5th time these two meet in 7 years...

Terry2889
November 21st, 2016, 12:44 PM
Lehigh poses a serious challenge for UNH defensively. We have been very solid against run heavy teams with the exception of the Albany game where we inexplicably reverted to a squeeze defense and were consistently outflanked by alignment. (Only time I saw that this year) We have not done well against balanced teams however and have a very difficult time putting pressure on the opposing QB. Our struggles against the pass in zone coverage are a bit of an anomaly as we have two exceptional cornerbacks in DeAndrade and Smith and a very good free safety in Pop Lacey. Offensively we flat out struggle to score consistently. At times we have shown the ability to power the ball down opponents throats. But we never are consistently mover the ball through the air and almost NEVER stretch the ball down the field. If we beat Lehigh it will be a game in which we maintain TOP in the neighborhood of 35min to 25min and force turnovers (One thing we do consistently). I see Lehigh winning this 31-25ish. Either way should be fun.

Ivytalk
November 21st, 2016, 01:13 PM
Should be an excellent game. I think Lehigh will win by 4-7 points. Terry2889 may have picked the final score.

WrenFGun
November 21st, 2016, 01:24 PM
UNH has been a bit of an enigma two years in a row. Sometimes you get a team that can hang with anyone in the country (see when they beat Richmond last year, or hung 25 in 7 minutes on JMU this year) and then at the same time, can go out and blow a 21-7 lead to a team that went 0-fer the Ivy [Dartmouth] or a 22-0 lead to a team you were in direct competition with [Albany]. I don't know what you get on any kind of consistent basis.

Last year against Colgate is another good example. UNH was getting trounced and somewhere in the late third/early fourth they decided they'd start playing again and basically were a Sean Goldrich INT inside Colgate's 30 from tying a game they had no business of being in.

I think UNH has an interesting group of skilled talent. Their RB's are deep and excellent (Crossan and Bryant, in particular); Crossan is the team's best offensive weapon. They have a fantastic, reliable pass-catching TE who missed the first 5.5 games of the season due to suspenison. They have an enormous WR who wins 1-on-1 battles on the regular (Rory Donovan) but who has been wildly inconsistent, and they have a plethora of possession type WR's, led by Neal O'Connor and Malik Love. Even their backup TE (Justin Malone-Woods) and their 4th WR (Kieran Pressley) are capable of some big plays down field. The challenge on offense has been that, despite being relatively healthy, the o-line just hasn't been very good. They are susceptible to pressure off the edge and up the middle on a regular basis. Trevor Knight was sacked three times on their first three series prior to getting hurt, and frankly, most of us don't really know whether it was Knight's long release/slow reads or extremely poor OL performance. Knight was an impressive scrambler who struggled with topping the 50-55% completion mark. Adam Riese (who likely starts against Lehigh) is an accurate/quick release lefty who progresses better through his reads but isn't much of a threat with his legs. It's hard to say why UNH has been so ineffective this season given some of the skill position talent they have around them, but they've regularly struggled inside the 30 yard line. The FG kicker is pretty decent, and I think UNH will move the ball between the 30's. The game may well hinge on if Lehigh can continue to play stout inside the 30 and prevent UNH from moving the ball down there.

On defense, similar situation. I think UNH has pretty good talent down there, especially at the cornerback position (Prince Smith is outstanding for a True Freshman, no one even throws at DeAndrade for the most part), though teams have been trying to pick on Isaiah Perkins recently. Perkins gave up the big 4th down TD against Maine, but also came up with a pick and broke some passes up. He's getting better. The safeties are all young and talented (Ellison, Balsamo and Lacey will start -- all three are freshman). D'Andre Drummond-Mayrie has regularly been exploited in coverage and I suspect that's why Rick Ellison came in for him against Maine. UNH has a bit of a problem with pass rush -- they rotate a lot of guys, but they lack pass rush up the middle from their base personnel. Ryan Sosnak, Rick Holt and D'Vaughn Chollette are all excellent against the run and regularly come off against the pass. UNH will typically run 4 DE's on the line along with Jared Kuehl and Quinlen Dean/Ryan Farrell against the pass. They rotate a lot. At the simplest level, I think Lehigh will move the ball all day if they execute on short passes, though I think a lot will be determined if Lehigh makes UNH play honest against the run. I think UNH is most susceptible to passes over the middle and the QB scramble. If Lehigh does those things well they'll have a sound chance to win.

To me, I'd have Lehigh favored by 10 if we were on the road, closer to 3 for Lehigh at home. They've won nine straight, they've beaten some decent teams (remember, Holy Cross was a handful for us, and they also beat some good Ivies). Monmouth is a decent team and they hung with 'Nova. Only ONE game after that was within even one score at the finish (Bucknell). Their wins over Penn, Yale, Colgate, Fordham and Princeton are all decent/solid wins. UNH has one win as good as that [Maine] and has worse losses as well. Don't see how you can have UNH as a favorite in this one, but I DO think we'll be ready to go unlike last year against Colgate. Like and enjoy the Patriot League, and I'm excited for this one. This isn't the Ryan Spadola days, but I'm sure it'll be a good one!

Go Lehigh TU owl
November 21st, 2016, 01:33 PM
Here's one breadown...

http://www.collegesportsmadness.com/article/13821

He has New Hampshire 38-28

LUHawker
November 21st, 2016, 02:02 PM
Here's one breadown...

http://www.collegesportsmadness.com/article/13821

He has New Hampshire 38-28

Well, that's it then. Guess we PL folks should just pack it in now. Oh wait, he seemed to forget about our other 1000 yd WR, Gatlin Casey and our 1100 yd rusher, Dom Bragalone and our low turnover ratio. On defense, he must be forgetting that LU hasn't given up more than 37 pts all year with those higher point yields mostly having come in garbage time.

Don't get me wrong, UNH is a tough out, but this guy has almost summarily written us off. I guess he doesn't think much of the PL.

Lehigh Football Nation
November 21st, 2016, 02:06 PM
http://www.unhwildcats.com/sports/2016/11/20/fcs-championship-playoff-central.aspx?id=550

Box seats: $55
Reserved seats: $40
General Admission: $30
Student Tickets: $5
Lot A Parking: $15
Boulder Parking: $20

Does UNH and the NCAA have a no-money-down, low-interest plan for their Lehigh/UNH tickets? Asking for some friends.

Go Lehigh TU owl
November 21st, 2016, 02:08 PM
Well, that's it then. Guess we PL folks should just pack it in now. Oh wait, he seemed to forget about our other 1000 yd WR, Gatlin Casey and our 1100 yd rusher, Dom Bragalone and our low turnover ratio. On defense, he must be forgetting that LU hasn't given up more than 37 pts all year with those higher point yields mostly having come in garbage time.

Don't get me wrong, UNH is a tough out, but this guy has almost summarily written us off. I guess he doesn't think much of the PL.

This year's WR group is more dangerous than 2011 or 2012. Knott being healthy gives Lehigh a completely different element in the slot. They haven't had a dynamic player like this in that position since Walker imo. The one thing I'd contend is that Lehigh is pass first. I actually think they're run first or balanced with Shafnisky and Bragalone. They really do mix it up...

This will be a great test for the front 7. Villanova had a great template to beat Lehigh this year imo. Hopefully Caslow is ready to go. The Mountain Hawks can't afford to be without their leader on defense. I think the DL can get pressure on their QB but can they stand up to UNH pounding the ball?

KPSUL
November 21st, 2016, 02:44 PM

His final sentence and predicted score doesn't seem to agree with his narrative which read like he expected a real close game.

KPSUL
November 21st, 2016, 02:50 PM
This year's WR group is more dangerous than 2011 or 2012. Knott being healthy gives Lehigh a completely different element in the slot. They haven't had a dynamic player like this in that position since Walker imo. The one thing I'd contend is that Lehigh is pass first. I actually think they're run first or balanced with Shafnisky and Bragalone. They really do mix it up...

This will be a great test for the front 7. Villanova had a great template to beat Lehigh this year imo. Hopefully Caslow is ready to go. The Mountain Hawks can't afford to be without their leader on defense. I think the DL can get pressure on their QB but can they stand up to UNH pounding the ball?

UNH backup QB Adam Riese, the likely starter who one UNH message board poster affectionately referred to as "slowpoke", is coolheaded and surprisingly nimble in the pocket. On the other hand Trevor Knight, who might have the quickest feet of any CAA QB starter, tends to frequently over and under react to pressure.

PAllen
November 21st, 2016, 03:07 PM
http://www.unhwildcats.com/sports/2016/11/20/fcs-championship-playoff-central.aspx?id=550

Does UNH and the NCAA have a no-money-down, low-interest plan for their Lehigh/UNH tickets? Asking for some friends.

Gotta pay for the lights ;)

KPSUL
November 21st, 2016, 03:15 PM

I thought all you Lehigh guys ended up as chief engineers, corporate Execs and investment bankers. The tickets were $5, $10 and &15 during the regular season; we just jacked them up when we learned who we were playing.

Lehigh'98
November 21st, 2016, 03:34 PM
I thought all you Lehigh guys ended up as chief engineers, corporate Execs and investment bankers. The tickets were $5, $10 and &15 during the regular season; we just jacked them up when we learned who we were playing.

That's more Harvard /Yale type work. We just manage Lafayette grads.

DFW HOYA
November 21st, 2016, 04:01 PM
Left unsaid but important: the circular design of Murray Goodman is a more costly lighting option than a rectangular configuration like Fisher because of the angles involved. Doesn't say it can't be done, but it's not just about putting up four light towers.

Similar issue at the Yale Bowl.

caribbeanhen
November 21st, 2016, 04:40 PM
I would say Lehigh would be favored for sure. Our offense is up in the air at the moment as our starting QB went down with a foot injury. That said many UNH posters feel the team has a better chance with the backup QB, he is less mobile but seems to be a bit more accurate on his throws and has a quick release. If we can run UNH has a better chance of winning, Crossan is a stud and if he has a full head of steam and gets open field 5 yards beyond the line of scrimmage he is usually gone. Also we have good DB's but I think with how good Lehigh throws they will be greatly challenged, the mistakes they make are coverage errors which has hurt us especially in the JMU game.

I came on the thread to pick Lehigh to win the game..... to be all big and bold.....apparently almost everyone is picking Lehigh though haha

2ram
November 21st, 2016, 05:32 PM
UNH deserves to be the favorite at home imo. I have a hard time seeing them losing two straight first round playoff games at home (would be 3 overall dating back to the semi loss to ISU in 2014).

sounds like a classic case of the gambler's fallacy to me. if UNH happens to win, it isn't because they are 'due'.

Terry2889
November 21st, 2016, 05:54 PM

Weak article with little to no real insight. He just googled some stats and wrote a book report.... Typical millennial. Finds some stuff on his phone and passes himself off as an expert.

WrenFGun
November 21st, 2016, 06:38 PM
I think most UNH fans weren't expecting a playoff berth as far as 3/4 the way through the season. When you lose to Dartmouth, it tends to be a long season.

This team is about as good and consistent as last season, and we saw how that worked.

I think most people can also see that Lehigh has won by double digits in 8 of their last 9 games, and beat teams that performed well in their leagues this year [Colgate, Fordham, Princeton, Penn, Yale]. Probably most impressed with the fact that they lost by just 5 to a damn good 'Nova team.

Outside of the Northeast, the PL gets no credit. I think most UNH fans understand the top of the PL can compete with the CAA and other quality conferences. I'd project Lehigh to win against most of the non top-8 seeds, UNH included.

Skycop27
November 21st, 2016, 07:29 PM
UNH deserving of a playoff berth but not a very good team. I haven't seen Lehigh
but if as good as youse folks say they are, should have no problem getting by UNH
no matter where they play. The biggest factor will be the weather, especially the
winds which can be brutal in the North Sea this time of year and could be an equalizer.
Field position and turnovers could be key, could be much lower scoring game/

Terry2889
November 21st, 2016, 07:37 PM
Thought the North Sea was in between England and Norway.... : P

Skycop27
November 21st, 2016, 07:46 PM
That will seem like the tropics compared to Durham NH this Saturday.
Definitely will be a double flask game!

Mocs123
November 21st, 2016, 07:59 PM

Thats just what they want us public school guys to think. :)

dwtime
November 21st, 2016, 08:00 PM
"Forget it, he's rolling...."

KPSUL
November 21st, 2016, 08:25 PM

Scotland and Norway/Denmark.

http://www.anygivensaturday.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=23941&stc=1

F'N Hawks
November 21st, 2016, 09:21 PM
Lehigh is favored by 4.5.

ngineer
November 21st, 2016, 10:20 PM
Just saw the current forecast for Durham on the weekend...NOT GOOD. Light rain starting Friday p.m. and rain all day Saturday. Precip also forecast for Sunday and Monday, so the system would have to either really speed up or shift for decent weather. I think a cold rain is worse than snow. Certainly puts the turnover issue as a higher factor. Lehigh is a national leader this year in turnovers lost...I think only 8. That along with being one of the fewest penalized teams is a big key as why the Mountain Hawks are on this roll. Nothing kills a high-powered offense like untimely penalties and turnovers. Play smart and protect the piggy and good things happen. Between two 1,000 yard receivers, a 1,000 yard RB and other excellent supporting cast it is very difficult to defend the Offense. The key will be Defense shutting down UNH's ground game and keep our O off the filed. MLB Caslow got dinged on Saturday and his status will be significant. His backup is good, but he's not Caslow. Finally, Lehigh's special teams have been stellar this year. Very good KO returns, PK and punting has been very good. At home I'd have us winning by 14, but up in Durham and in bad weather, which will impact the passing game more, it could be very close. I still have to go with Lehigh, 38-31.

Vermont
November 21st, 2016, 10:45 PM
Should be fun this Saturday. Lost on most folks is the subplot of NH native Troy Pelletier who grew up dreaming of being the next David Ball. The state's Mr. Basketball as a senior, he even prepped at Bridgton Academy (ME), further enhancing his academic and athletic measurables, a la Victor Cruz.

However, UNH declined to recruit him, thinks they had better game breakers on the way.

UNH doesn't miss often, but Pelletier sure looks one who got away. As a freshman, he found the end zone twice vs he Wildcats in Durham. Think he'll be at he top of his game this weekend?

Go Lehigh TU owl
November 21st, 2016, 11:43 PM
Accuweather doesn't have it too bad for Saturday, low 40's not much wind a maybe a shower or two. Me going depends on work...

Lehigh'98
November 22nd, 2016, 04:55 AM
Lehigh is favored by 4.5.

Wonder if they just plugged the game into the Massey predictions. Never comfortable as a road favorite at UNH

Mattymc727
November 22nd, 2016, 06:46 AM
UNH has had a decent defense at times, but its not amazing. Casey DeAndrade has been pretty much a shut down corner in the CAA and they have a few freshman that can play ball back there. Stopping the run has been better than expected considering how thin UNH was at the start of the season. However the lack of pass rush the entire season has been really discouraging. UNH would need to find a way to get pressure on Saturday.

On offense, woof, UNH goes as far as the oline wants to run block. If Crossan can get 4 yrds a pop they could keep the Lehigh offense off the field more. Hopefully UNH can get the short passing game going to open up the running game as well. All ifs, its been one of the worst offensive seasons I can remember since 2004, not a lot of talent there.

Id say Lehigh by 10 as of today.

F'N Hawks
November 22nd, 2016, 07:55 AM
Wonder if they just plugged the game into the Massey predictions. Never comfortable as a road favorite at UNH

Without a doubt, pure math. 10 starters could get hurt and it wouldn't matter.

Terry2889
November 22nd, 2016, 08:10 AM
Scotland and Norway/Denmark.

http://www.anygivensaturday.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=23941&stc=1

I've always fancied a plot of land in the Orkneys. I hate that the Strait of Denmark is in between Greenland and Iceland..... Should be the Strait of Icemark... Or Deenland.

CHIP72
November 22nd, 2016, 09:38 AM
My biggest concern with Lehigh is their offense may have peaked a little too early in the season. They were held reasonably in check against Bucknell, and they benefited for much of the game from good position against Lafayette.

Having said the above, I think Lehigh is better than UNH, and I expect the Mountain Hawks to win.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

RichH2
November 22nd, 2016, 10:03 AM
My biggest concern with Lehigh is their offense may have peaked a little too early in the season. They were held reasonably in check against Bucknell, and they benefited for much of the game from good position against Lafayette.

Having said the above, I think Lehigh is better than UNH, and I expect the Mountain Hawks to win.

Dont think so Chip. O has been pretty consistent since Penn. Bucknell more a factor of Bison D than any slump by LU. Focus has been fantastic. Few penalties or TOs. OL is our key. Focused they are outstanding.

Lehigh'98
November 22nd, 2016, 10:04 AM
Caslow a gametime decision from what I understand.

RichH2
November 22nd, 2016, 10:19 AM
Yup sprained knee.

van
November 22nd, 2016, 01:46 PM
gonna take a lot to keep Caslow off the field, he is a warrior

LeHawk
November 22nd, 2016, 06:28 PM
The latest: (Call me Wally Kinnan)

https://weather.com/weather/tenday/l/New+Durham+NH+03855:4:US

KPSUL
November 22nd, 2016, 09:14 PM
Yup sprained knee.

If their calling it a sprained knee, it's probably an MCL injury. Sean Goldrich had one last season and he missed 3 games with a bye week in there as well I think. He was not 100% mobile first game back. Or maybe it was the high ankle sprain in 2015 and the MCL in 2014. Well either way it takes about a month for most moderate MCL strains to heal.

An excellent Middle LB is the most critical position on the field against Dalton Crossan. You Lehigh guys are clearly screwed.

ngineer
November 22nd, 2016, 09:26 PM
If their calling it a sprained knee, it's probably an MCL injury. Sean Goldrich had one last season and he missed 3 games with a bye week in there as well I think. He was not 100% mobile first game back. Or maybe it was the high ankle sprain in 2015 and the MCL in 2014. Well either way it takes about a month for most moderate MCL strains to heal.

An excellent Middle LB is the most critical position on the field against Dalton Crossan. You Lehigh guys are clearly screwed.

Caslow's backup is not bad. Kauffman is an experienced senior, carries 235 and a good tackler. He'll be fine against the run. Caslow brings more speed for blitz or pass coverage. We do lose a bit if Caslow can't go, but I wouldn't see it as a disaster. Much bigger impact if we lost Pelletier or Casey or ROV Lambert, who has been playing great this year.

Skycop27
November 22nd, 2016, 10:06 PM
College Football: Familiar playoff theme for Wildcats

By ROGER BROWN
New Hampshire Union Leader

Lehigh at UNH

What: Football Championship Subdivision playoffs

When: Saturday, 2 p.m.

Where: Wildcat Stadium, Durham

Tickets: Visit the website www.unhwildcats.com (http://www.unhwildcats.com) or call 862-4000.

Those in the University of New Hampshire football program know the routine: Qualify for the FCS playoffs, and then get ready to play a first-round game against a Patriot League opponent.

UNH (7-4) is in the postseason for the 13th consecutive year, and the Wildcats will open the playoffs against a Patriot League team for the fourth consecutive season when they face Lehigh in Durham on Saturday (2 p.m.).

“That’s kind of been the pattern lately with the Patriot League teams (starting the playoffs at UNH),” Lehigh coach Andy Coen said. “We have a lot of knowledge in the past with New Hampshire. I think our guys will be up for the challenge here.”

The Mountain Hawks (9-2) have won nine games in a row since opening the season with back-to-back losses, and their calling card is offense. Lehigh ranks sixth among FCS teams in scoring offense (40.5 points per game), sixth in passing offense (325.9) and seventh in total offense (491.5).

They have two players — Troy Pelletier and Gatlin Casey — who rank among the FCS leaders in receiving yards. Pelletier, a Deerfield resident, ranks seventh with 1,140 yards on 88 receptions, and Casey is 10th with 1,098 yards on 58 catches.

“It’s really exciting,” Pelletier said. “I have a ton of family and friends who will be able to come to the game. I have a lot of friends on the team, so it will be a great experience.”

Lehigh can move the ball on the ground as well. Running back Dominick Bragalone has rushed for 1,106 yards this season, which ranks 10th among FCS players.

UNH started the playoffs with a 45-7 victory over Lafayette in 2013, and posted a 44-19 first-round victory over Fordham in 2014, but lost to Colgate 27-20 in the first round last season.

“We know what we have coming into this stadium on Saturday,” UNH coach Sean McDonnell said. “We know what the Patriot League is. They beat us here last year. There’s no disrespect for that league. It’s a good football league.

“We’re going to have to play hard and we’re going to have to play very well to win this football game.”

UNH starting quarterback Trevor Knight was injured in the first quarter of Saturday’s 24-21 victory over Maine, and his status for the Lehigh game is uncertain.

“Sprained foot,” McDonnell said. “He’ll be in a boot for a while and we’ll see what happens. Not really sure right now.”

Senior Adam Riese replaced Knight and completed 20 of 37 passes for 218 yards with one touchdown and one interception.

“Adam has prepared like he would be the starter every week,” McDonnell said. “The good thing is he gives the program a lot of confidence. The kids know he can come in and help us win a football game.”

Holy Cross is the only team that played both UNH and Lehigh this season. UNH beat Holy Cross 39-28, and Lehigh prevailed 46-14.

Lehigh dropped a 26-21 decision to Villanova, which is the only CAA opponent the Mountain Hawks have faced this season.

“We came up short against Villanova,” Pelletier said. “This is our chance to get a crack against another CAA team. Hopefully this time we’ll come away victorious.”

[email protected]

- See more at: http://www.unionleader.com/article/20161122/SPORTS22/161129838/1003/sports#sthash.fXxFWMkh.dpuf

Doc QB
November 23rd, 2016, 08:10 AM
"Forget it, he's rolling...."

Ah, Bluto. If only he could come down for Dartmouth and give LU our pregame speech. He should still be in college, right?

Lehigh Football Nation
November 23rd, 2016, 09:52 AM
Ah, Bluto. If only he could come down for Dartmouth and give LU our pregame speech. He should still be in college, right?

Whatever he said to Dartmouth to allow them to beat UNH, I'd be happy if he simply delivered the same speech again

WrenFGun
November 23rd, 2016, 10:56 AM
Whatever he said to Dartmouth to allow them to beat UNH, I'd be happy if he simply delivered the same speech again

The reaction to the final play where the kid got the sack was one of the most emotional things I've seen in football in some time. They were clearly sick of losing to us.

Lehigh Football Nation
November 23rd, 2016, 11:23 AM
Dropping this here to finally put to bed all this griping about losing the home game to UNH. Frankly, the way the game is set up, we deserve it.

http://lehighfootballnation.blogspot.com/2016/11/why-didnt-lehigh-host-and-other-fcs.html

RootinFerDukes
November 23rd, 2016, 01:30 PM
Coach Houston tweeted an image of Bryan Schor practicing today. I guess we have our answer as to his availability.

Lehigh'98
November 23rd, 2016, 01:33 PM
Coach Houston tweeted an image of Bryan Schor practicing today. I guess we have our answer as to his availability. Good for the Dukes!! Always like to see teams at full strength.

jmudukes
November 23rd, 2016, 04:05 PM
glad to see Schor back as well...as for the first game, I'm going Lehigh by 10.

dwtime
November 23rd, 2016, 04:58 PM
xthumbsupx

Gangtackle11
November 23rd, 2016, 05:27 PM
I'm tired of talking about lighting. Let's get down to some football. I'm guessing this will be a pickem to UNH -3 as far as the odds go. Don't know much about UNH this year except they are damn good at beating Maine, getting 7 wins and making the playoffs every year.

The team looked really pumped yesterday when they found out they were in. That was pretty cool to see. How does Lehigh matchup with UNH this year? I think they will be ready for Lehigh after last year. Not convinced they can stop us, but I've been wrong before.

Game with the pros in Vegas have it Lehigh - 3.5 (62.5 O/U)

ngineer
November 23rd, 2016, 07:56 PM
Dropping this here to finally put to bed all this griping about losing the home game to UNH. Frankly, the way the game is set up, we deserve it.

http://lehighfootballnation.blogspot.com/2016/11/why-didnt-lehigh-host-and-other-fcs.html

Good points. Lehigh needs a sugar daddy the way Laughyette had a sugar daddy in Bourger. University will not dole out endowment dollars for $500K video board that gets used 5 times a year. Temporary lights would meet the one concern about a later in the afternoon game, but it would certainly eat into the 'bottom line' of the event.

ngineer
November 23rd, 2016, 07:57 PM
Game with the pros in Vegas have it Lehigh - 3.5 (62.5 O/U)

O/U is low...unless the weather is bad, which indicators say will be rain at the moment.

UNH_Alum_In_CT
November 23rd, 2016, 08:16 PM

http://www.anygivensaturday.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=23960&stc=1

Go Lehigh TU owl
November 24th, 2016, 12:22 PM
I'm committed to going! Any recommendations on where to watch a little bit of the OSU-Michigan game an grab a bite to eat before the game? I've been to a lot of FCS places but never UNH.

I seriously considered going to the Temple-ECU game but I did that last year in Greenville. Ideally I would have pulled off the Lehigh/Temple doubleheader had the Mountain Hawks been awarded a home game.

UNHWildcat18
November 24th, 2016, 12:44 PM
I'm committed to going! Any recommendations on where to watch a little bit of the OSU-Michigan game an grab a bite to eat before the game? I've been to a lot of FCS places but never UNH.

I seriously considered going to the Temple-ECU game but I did that last year in Greenville. Ideally I would have pulled off the Lehigh/Temple doubleheader had the Mountain Hawks been awarded a home game.

Glad you are finally making it to Durham, unfortunately the weather and atmosphere won't be like a UNH Lehigh game in early September.

Fordhamanhattan
November 24th, 2016, 03:07 PM
Good Luck to the erstwhile Engineers. They are the Gold standard of the Patriot League.

Lehigh'98
November 24th, 2016, 06:25 PM
Weather is looking better for Sat. 50 degrees, some rain, about 10mph wind. About as mild as you can hope for this time of year up there.

Doc QB
November 24th, 2016, 07:24 PM
http://www.anygivensaturday.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=23960&stc=1

awesome pic. I forgot about his political career after his seven and a half years.

ngineer
November 24th, 2016, 09:15 PM
Forecast for Saturday just keeps getting better. Now 10% chance of precipitation with most, if not all rain, occurring on Friday/Friday night. So we just may luck out, thought the rain on Friday will mess with the team's ability to practice after the long bus ride. Caslow is "day to day". Everyone else healthy. With that, the O/U should be over 70.

dwtime
November 24th, 2016, 10:04 PM
50 degree's? That's practically summertime weather!

Weather is looking better for Sat. 50 degrees, some rain, about 10mph wind. About as mild as you can hope for this time of year up there.

Lehigh Football Nation
November 24th, 2016, 10:23 PM
Basically all of Lehigh's game this year have been played in unseasonably nice temperatures for their time of year. The Lehigh/Lafayette game was played in perfect 60 degree weather, and then when the game was done the temperature dipped to below freezing and it started to snow. I've honestly never seen a Lehigh season where that's happened.

ngineer
November 25th, 2016, 08:30 AM
Lehigh games notes:http://www.lehighsports.com/sports/2016/8/30/2016-football-game-notes.aspx?path=football

Go Lehigh TU owl
November 25th, 2016, 11:03 AM
I'm driving up to Worcester this evening after work then heading to Durham in the morning. Weather forecast has really improved since the beginning of the week. Looking forward to my first trip to UNH! I love New England!! Beautiful area! I also love the Shenandoah Valley! :p

The only negative is missing Temple-ECU, Michigan-OSU (Go Blue!!) and the other FCS Playoff games. Great day of football tomorrow!

Mattymc727
November 25th, 2016, 11:26 AM
I'm driving up to Worcester this evening after work then heading to Durham in the morning. Weather forecast has really improved since the beginning of the week. Looking forward to my first trip to UNH! I love New England!! Beautiful area! I also love the Shenandoah Valley! :p

The only negative is missing Temple-ECU, Michigan-OSU (Go Blue!!) and the other FCS Playoff games. Great day of football tomorrow!

I would suggest the thirsty moose in Portsmouth to watch the rivalry game but you might want to leave enough lead time to drive over to Durham to catch the UNH Lehigh game at 2pm. May not be worth the 1 qtr you would get to see of the osu mich game

RichH2
November 25th, 2016, 12:24 PM
LU on the bus up to UNH. QBs also :)

Go Lehigh TU owl
November 25th, 2016, 12:29 PM
LU on the bus up to UNH. QBs also :)

Going to a looong ride up with all the traffic on the roads!! Hopefully they're well rested for tomorrow!!

Go Lehigh TU owl
November 25th, 2016, 12:44 PM
I would suggest the thirsty moose in Portsmouth to watch the rivalry game but you might want to leave enough lead time to drive over to Durham to catch the UNH Lehigh game at 2pm. May not be worth the 1 qtr you would get to see of the osu mich game

Is there any place in town? Ideally I'd watch the first half of the Michigan game then head over to the stadium around 1:30. I doubt I'll be fighting a big crowd...

Mattymc727
November 25th, 2016, 01:04 PM
There is scorps and libbys down the street. It I've actually never been there during the day

UNH_Alum_In_CT
November 25th, 2016, 02:19 PM

Libby's on Main Street in Durham is also another option, plenty of TV's.

Terry2889
November 25th, 2016, 06:17 PM
Libby's on Main Street in Durham is also another option, plenty of TV's.

Gas light in Portsmouth is great. Actually, before and after the game tool around Portsmouth! One of my favorite towns! BTW, when UNH plays Lehigh I always feel a bit conflicted. I coached with Andy Coen's little brother Tom for years and am good friends with the family. Andy's a great guy and hard to root against.

Skycop27
November 25th, 2016, 08:29 PM
No rain - check
A balmy 50 degrees - check
Attendance 5000+ - hopefully
Turnovers UNH +2 - check
Key to UNH victory - Defense.....DEFENSE.....DEEEEFENSE
Final score UNH 27 Lehigh 24 - check

ngineer
November 25th, 2016, 08:48 PM
That weather forecast, if it holds true, helps Lehigh immensely. A light rain usually won't hamper a good passing attack, but a steady rain and/or downpours wreaks havoc and places the focus on the ground and takes away Lehigh's multiple options that make a DC pull his hair out. Also impacts the turnover risk. Lehigh has lost one fumble this year. That and very few penalties have been the key for a very efficient offense.

KPSUL
November 26th, 2016, 06:54 AM
That weather forecast, if it holds true, helps Lehigh immensely. A light rain usually won't hamper a good passing attack, but a steady rain and/or downpours wreaks havoc and places the focus on the ground and takes away Lehigh's multiple options that make a DC pull his hair out. Also impacts the turnover risk. Lehigh has lost one fumble this year. That and very few penalties have been the key for a very efficient offense.
Contrived wishful thinking.

Gangtackle11
November 26th, 2016, 07:07 AM
This game has the potential to be the best one to watch. I think Lehigh is very good, but something tells me UNH pulls out an exciting close game.

I also will go UNH 27 Lehigh 24

caribbeanhen
November 26th, 2016, 07:26 AM
the bus ride might be worth 4 points for UNH

Gate83
November 26th, 2016, 07:42 AM
Is there any place in town? Ideally I'd watch the first half of the Michigan game then head over to the stadium around 1:30. I doubt I'll be fighting a big crowd...

Went to Libby's (47 Main St, Durham) both before & after the Colgate game last year... had a nice chat with Catsfan90 after the game. I'd say go there, keep the Patriot mojo going!

Skycop27
November 26th, 2016, 08:06 AM
This game has the potential to be the best one to watch. I think Lehigh is very good, but something tells me UNH pulls out an exciting close game.

I also will go UNH 27 Lehigh 24

May my fellow Wildcats enjoy success today on the gridiron!

Go Lehigh TU owl
November 26th, 2016, 11:11 AM
Just arrived in Durham. Perfect day for football in New England.....

Engineer86
November 26th, 2016, 11:23 AM
Watch ESPN worked at home, but does not work in Jamaica. ... please keep me posted. I am trying to get ESPN3 working, but it keeps throwing me to the Watch ESPN

Go Lehigh TU owl
November 26th, 2016, 12:24 PM
UNH renovation is nice but something had to based on what everyone says. It's but nothing eyepopping based on their peers in the CAA. The UNH staff does an amazing job recruiting with what they work with

RichH2
November 26th, 2016, 12:29 PM
Nick out today 'illness' Brad to start. Tough go for LU w/o run option.by QB. Nick may get some plays.. Heard on Tues he had Lyme disease. True or not he is not 100%. OL must step up even moe today for Mayes. Very sad for Nick.

Lehigh'98
November 26th, 2016, 12:33 PM
Crazy

caribbeanhen
November 26th, 2016, 12:34 PM
Watch ESPN worked at home, but does not work in Jamaica. ... please keep me posted. I am trying to get ESPN3 working, but it keeps throwing me to the Watch ESPN

welcome to the Caribbean.

Go Lehigh TU owl
November 26th, 2016, 12:35 PM
Nick out today 'illness' Brad to start. Tough go for LU w/o run option.by QB. Nick may get some plays.. Heard on Tues he had Lyme disease. True or not he is not 100%. OL must step up even moe today for Mayes. Very sad for Nick.

Wow! Another tough break before a playoff game. Takes the read option out of the equation and the ability to extend plays. Tough break for Nick...

Engineer86
November 26th, 2016, 12:35 PM

This is too bad, Shaf has had a lot of tough breaks and worked hard to get here.

Go Lehigh TU owl
November 26th, 2016, 01:16 PM
The worst call in college football history. Terrible omen....my goodness

jmufan999
November 26th, 2016, 01:18 PM
am i the only one seeing skipping/buffering on the TV screen? i'm watching on TV, not on ESPN3. it looks like it's mildly buffering as if you were watching on a computer. kind of pathetic.

Engineer86
November 26th, 2016, 01:30 PM
Watching this on game cast sucks about time to go back to the beach

PantherRob82
November 26th, 2016, 01:31 PM
Is Lehigh this bad? I thought it might be a close game, but this isn't exactly UNHs best squad in memory. 15-0 halfway through the first.

StrikeJMU
am i the only one seeing skipping/buffering on the TV screen? i'm watching on TV, not on ESPN3. it looks like it's mildly buffering as if you were watching on a computer. kind of pathetic.

Same here.

Go Lehigh TU owl
15-0 UNH 6:28 2Q

Just brutal start for Lehigh. Mayes a sure TD then gets picked on 3rd down. Ridiculous gift when the ball hit the ground. That was crazy ....

Twentysix
November 26th, 2016, 01:32 PM
Is Lehigh this bad? I thought it might be a close game, but this isn't exactly UNHs best squad in memory. 15-0 halfway through the first.

Chatt and UNH seem to be setting up for blowouts.

Bison56
November 26th, 2016, 01:33 PM
I thought this was going to be a good game, guess I was wrong.

PAllen
November 26th, 2016, 01:33 PM
Worst start by Lehigh since Monmouth. Mayes is missing thows left and right and the WRs seem frustrated as they are getting open.

Twentysix
November 26th, 2016, 01:34 PM
attendance looks like its about zero at every single one of these games.

Go Lehigh TU owl
November 26th, 2016, 01:36 PM
Lehigh goes for it on 4th and 1 from theyre own 40 qnd get stuffed. About to be 22-0. Too one dimensional on O with Mayes at QB

PAllen
November 26th, 2016, 01:37 PM
What the heck was that call? Bringing in a new QB who has the flu to run to the outside. Just dumb.

PAllen
November 26th, 2016, 01:41 PM
A stand by the D. Now, can the offense do anything?

Go Lehigh TU owl
November 26th, 2016, 01:47 PM
Huge 4th and short coming up. Need points....

PAllen
November 26th, 2016, 01:48 PM
Huge 4th and short coming up. Need points....

Need a TD.

Go Lehigh TU owl
November 26th, 2016, 01:51 PM
Ugh...Shaf pick...

Southsider
November 26th, 2016, 01:51 PM
Well, the difference between the CAA and Patriot is quite obvious. EMBARRASSING!

centennial
November 26th, 2016, 01:53 PM
Well I was completely wrong. UNH looks like a FBS team vs Lehigh. Embarrassing for the PL.

Neighbor2
November 26th, 2016, 01:53 PM
Lehigh is in a Yankee Stadium-style funk.

Southsider
November 26th, 2016, 01:56 PM
Lehigh is in a Yankee Stadium-style funk.

Simply no excuse for this mess.....same way the season started. Not prepared/ready to play. On to basketball!

Go Lehigh TU owl
November 26th, 2016, 01:57 PM
This is ugly. Just bad mojo from the start..

Bison56
Wow Lehigh has absolutely no defense. UNH will have back ups in before half.

Engineer86
Tired of just good enough, play to win commit to win!

PantherRob82
November 26th, 2016, 01:59 PM
I think I cursed Lehigh by picking them. I should know better. Lol

Southsider
November 26th, 2016, 02:01 PM
Wow Lehigh has absolutely no defense. UNH will have back ups in before half.

Many of us have known this for a looooong time!

Bison56
November 26th, 2016, 02:02 PM
I think I cursed Lehigh by picking them. I should know better. Lol

Me too.

dwtime
November 26th, 2016, 02:02 PM
Wow that was a serious BS call.....

Neighbor2
November 26th, 2016, 02:03 PM
Simply no excuse for this mess.....same way the season started. Not prepared/ready to play. On to basketball!

Correct! There is NO EXCUSE for this kind of lame performance in big games. Yes, it's still possible to crawl back, but these guys (including the coaches) don't seem to have their heads into this at all. Once again, our pass defenders seem content to WATCH the balls being caught a couple yards ahead of them. You MUST make a stab at deflecting, if not intercepting.

Oh, well . . . .

Auburn/Alabama in 25 minutes! ROLL TIDE!

centennial
November 26th, 2016, 02:04 PM
Lehigh xsmhx

Go Lehigh TU owl
November 26th, 2016, 02:05 PM
TD Lehigh! Needed that from the running game. Defense needs a stop to get back in this....

dwtime
November 26th, 2016, 02:06 PM
Nice gift from the refs....

TD Lehigh! Needed that from the running game. Defense needs a stop to get back in this....

Go Lehigh TU owl
November 26th, 2016, 02:07 PM
Nice gift from the refs....

Did you miss the gift completion at the start of the game? Refs still owe Lehigh another one...

dwtime
November 26th, 2016, 02:08 PM
Yeah if you think that was a late hit you need to turn in your 'I know football' card.........

Did you miss the gift completion at the start of the game? Refs still owe Lehigh another one...

dwtime
November 26th, 2016, 02:12 PM
WOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

UNHFootballAlum
November 26th, 2016, 02:20 PM
Great play by Riese

dwtime
November 26th, 2016, 02:21 PM
WOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!

Go Lehigh TU owl
November 26th, 2016, 02:21 PM
UNH 36-7 2:58 2Q...

Just wow...

centennial
November 26th, 2016, 02:22 PM
This game is unwatchable. Bye Lehigh.

CHIP72
November 26th, 2016, 02:23 PM
I think I'm glad I'm NOT watching this game.

On the other hand, for Lehigh TU Owl, there is another game he could attend next week if Temple takes care of business tonight...

Terry2889
November 26th, 2016, 02:28 PM
Another bad pick by Reise!

- - - Updated - - -

This guy is just like Knight.. One read throws

Go Lehigh TU owl
November 26th, 2016, 02:29 PM
TD Lehigh following a UNH INT...

36-14 1:43 2Q these next two UNH posessions will determine if this any chance to be interesting in the 2nd half...

Terry2889
November 26th, 2016, 02:30 PM
Lehigh receiver was blocking before the ball was thrown on the TD. Got away with one there

UNHFootballAlum
November 26th, 2016, 02:30 PM
Terrible pass by Riese and not a good play call by UNH

Terry2889
November 26th, 2016, 02:31 PM
TD Lehigh following a UNH INT...

36-14 1:43 2Q these next two UNH posessions will determine if this any chance to be interesting in the 2nd half...

Oh Im sure we will manage to make it interesting....

- - - Updated - - -

In other news.... Central Arkansas has the ugliest field I have EVER SEEEEEN!!!

Southsider
November 26th, 2016, 02:33 PM
Yadush is calling game on radio. He is calling the tight end catches in the middle before the play is run. If he knows, why doesn't Botts????

grizband
November 26th, 2016, 02:35 PM
Regret picking Lehigh in the upset here

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

Lehigh'98
November 26th, 2016, 02:42 PM
Congratulations UNH. Total domination.

Terry2889
November 26th, 2016, 02:42 PM

Grim please don't jinx it

LUHawker
November 26th, 2016, 02:58 PM
Wow, UNH looks great. Lehigh has no pressure on D. Mayes looked tense and terrified out there. Coen had some very questionable coaching decisions.

Unless Lehigh finds a defense, no chance, although at half it looks bleak.

CHIP72
November 26th, 2016, 02:58 PM

Lehigh was favored.

PAllen
November 26th, 2016, 03:00 PM
So, who would rather spend the money on a better coaching staff then on lights for Goodman campus?

UNH coaches >> LU coaches

One team didn't expect to be here, and they're ready to play, the other knew they'd be playing for three weeks, and they're still on the bus.

UNHFootballAlum
November 26th, 2016, 03:02 PM
UNH has to come out and reestablish momentum in the first possession of the 3rd qtr

Southsider
November 26th, 2016, 03:04 PM
So, who would rather spend the money on a better coaching staff then on lights for Goodman campus?

UNH coaches >> LU coaches

One team didn't expect to be here, and they're ready to play, the other knew they'd be playing for three weeks, and they're still on the bus.

This should surprise no one....

UNHWildcat18
November 26th, 2016, 03:10 PM
UNH gifting it to Lehigh again, hawks take advantage 36-21

Go Lehigh TU owl
November 26th, 2016, 03:11 PM
TD Lehigh...

36-21 12:35 3Q.....

Terry2889
November 26th, 2016, 03:12 PM
Reise is terrible...

- - - Updated - - -

We should not be putting the ball in the air unless we absolutely need to.

RootinFerDukes
November 26th, 2016, 03:13 PM
Was it Lehigh's QB who was out sick? Is he back in the game now I'm seeing?

Go Lehigh TU owl
November 26th, 2016, 03:20 PM
The defense is getting shredded...

Lehigh'98
November 26th, 2016, 03:21 PM

He's played only 2 or 3 plays

- - - Updated - - -

Defense is a no show today

PAllen
November 26th, 2016, 03:21 PM

Yeah, he had the flu all week. He's been in for 3 plays.

UNHWildcat18
November 26th, 2016, 03:23 PM
TD UNH 43-21

RootinFerDukes
November 26th, 2016, 03:26 PM
It's hard to win playoff games if you don't have much of a running game. I am surprised UNH is cruising as easily as they are.

UNHWildcat18
November 26th, 2016, 03:36 PM
UNH another drive, Lehigh defense looks pathetic, 50-21

dwtime
November 26th, 2016, 03:36 PM
50-21 UNH

CockyGeek
November 26th, 2016, 03:37 PM
Autobids are fun

Sent from my VS986 using Tapatalk

Thumper 76
November 26th, 2016, 03:42 PM
Sweet Jesus Lehigh

dwtime
November 26th, 2016, 03:43 PM
UNH shredding the Lehigh defense, Crossan is a beast!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

dwtime
November 26th, 2016, 03:45 PM
End of 3rd quarter UNH 50-21

dwtime
November 26th, 2016, 03:47 PM
http://www.anygivensaturday.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=23963&stc=1

Lehigh'98
November 26th, 2016, 03:47 PM
We just can't stop anyone with a pulse on D. Haven't done so in a few years. UNH did anything they wanted today. Shaf would not have made a difference

Terry2889
November 26th, 2016, 03:48 PM
Imagine if Reise didn't throw 3 ints....

UNHWildcat18
November 26th, 2016, 03:49 PM
UNH gives crosson the ball for an inside handoff breaks it for 50 lol. UNH 57-21 over the mountain chicadee's

KPSUL
Pelletier is an outstanding athlete and receiver. Between Dartmouth and UNH how'd we ever let him get out of NH?

UNHWildcat18
UNH gives Bryant the ball for an inside handoff breaks it for 50 lol. UNH 57-21 over the mountain chicadee's

RichH2
No excuses. We stunk. Injuries and illness at QB didn't help. Looks like last yrs D showed up today. Worst performance all season by entire team. Pathetic and embarrassing.

Terry2889
Hopefully JMU is loading up on carbs and microbrews over this long weekend... We'll need all the help we can get next week.

dwtime
November 26th, 2016, 03:51 PM
Lehigh coaches making terrible decisions, why put a sick QB in when you are down by over 30 in the 4th quarter?

- - - Updated - - -

This is embarassing..........

Go Lehigh TU owl
November 26th, 2016, 03:51 PM
The is beyond ugly... holy moly. Lehigh takes the award for worst playoff performane in PL history.....

RootinFerDukes
November 26th, 2016, 03:52 PM
Okay, so some UNH fans gave us **** this season for running up the score on our opponents. Does that standard not apply to UNH now? I'm just wondering where we draw the line with our message board bitching.

dwtime
November 26th, 2016, 03:53 PM
Agreed only bright spot for Lehigh today.

Pelletier is an outstanding athlete and receiver. Between Dartmouth and UNH how'd we ever let him get out of NH?

- - - Updated - - -

Who, you got names? Not this UNH fan.

Okay, so some UNH fans gave us **** this season for running up the score on our opponents. Does that standard not apply to UNH now? I'm just wondering where we draw the line with our message board bitching.

KPSUL
November 26th, 2016, 03:54 PM
Time to empty the bench.

POD Knows
November 26th, 2016, 03:54 PM
Lehigh shouldn't have been in the playoffs, oh wait, nevermind

Bison Fan in NW MN
November 26th, 2016, 03:55 PM
64-21

xrolleyesx

Terry2889
November 26th, 2016, 03:56 PM
Agreed only bright spot for Lehigh today.

- - - Updated - - -

Who, you got names? Not this UNH fan.

Yeah.... Don't know who he's referring to. BTW our 4th string RB scored on an inside zone play.... Against a 9-2 conference championship team... Not URI : )

dwtime
November 26th, 2016, 03:56 PM
You win the dumb comment of the day award, congrats!

Lehigh'98
November 26th, 2016, 03:57 PM
Sweet, pile on from the MVFC posters. Thanks guys xdrunkyx

Terry2889
November 26th, 2016, 03:57 PM
Lehigh shouldn't have been in the playoffs, oh wait, nevermind

Honestly neither should we. Albany must be pissed right now.

KPSUL
November 26th, 2016, 03:58 PM

Download a UNH roster and see who's playing now with 15 mins remaining.

RootinFerDukes
November 26th, 2016, 03:59 PM
Download a UNH roster and see who's playing now with 15 mins remaining.

Time to start practicing the taking a knee play.

centennial
November 26th, 2016, 04:01 PM

Some of us were cheering for you. Then we watched the game.

RootinFerDukes
November 26th, 2016, 04:03 PM
Ahh McDonnell heard me and went for it on 4th down to turn it over on downs. Thank goodness. We wouldn't want the message board running up the score police to come bearing down. F'N Hawks is notorious.

StrikeJMU
November 26th, 2016, 04:04 PM
I haven't seen UNH play this well since they were losing to JMU by 30. xlolx

See you next week!

Go Lehigh TU owl
November 26th, 2016, 04:05 PM
Time to make the drive back from Durham. That was brutal. No one saw this coming. Lehigh just played awful. Still a fun trip. Beautiful campus....

LUHawker
November 26th, 2016, 04:05 PM
Congrats to UNH. Good luck against JMU.

Wildcats came to play. Mountain Hawks still back in Bethlehem.

Lehigh's defense was exposed for the paper tiger it was. Patriot League remains an also ran against the CAA.

RootinFerDukes
November 26th, 2016, 04:06 PM
Congratulations to Lehigh on a successful season and Patriot League championship.

POD Knows
November 26th, 2016, 04:06 PM

Hey. I picked you guys and you phoned it in. No mercy now

RichH2
November 26th, 2016, 04:08 PM
Congrats to UNH. Good luck vs JMU.

Lehigh'98
November 26th, 2016, 04:08 PM
Still a significant gap between PL and CAA. Not closing anytime soon. But I digress, this is all Maine's fault. If they would just beat UNH just once(jk).Good luck UNH.

dwtime
November 26th, 2016, 04:11 PM
Toche' Yeah you guys should be a huge favorite but any given saturday!

See you next week!

KPSUL
November 26th, 2016, 04:18 PM

See you next week!

JMU's defense is just slightly better than Lehigh's

Drblankstare
November 26th, 2016, 04:20 PM
Hey. I picked you guys and you phoned it in. No mercy now

Yeah same boat. I really thought this was a good matchup for the PL champs. Lehigh was too high

Ivytalk
November 26th, 2016, 04:20 PM
Domination by UNH. Impressive performance on both sides of the ball.

BisonFan02
November 26th, 2016, 04:24 PM
Picked Lehigh too against my better judgement.....probably the only one I'm going to get wrong today.

RichH2
November 26th, 2016, 04:32 PM
Dont like Lehigh being mocked but todays performance deserves little else.

ngineer
November 26th, 2016, 04:41 PM
Yankee Stadium Redux.

Go Lehigh TU owl
November 26th, 2016, 04:43 PM
Dont like Lehigh being mocked but todays performance deserves little else.

They need to own thos one.

I'm not sure which was worse, Temple's loss to UNH in hoops (now that we beat FSU and WVU) or this. I've had enough of UNH this month...

The Lehigh turnout today was great! Gonna be a long ride home for alot of people....

ngineer
November 26th, 2016, 04:45 PM
Simply no excuse for this mess.....same way the season started. Not prepared/ready to play. On to wrestling

Fixed it for ya.

ColgateTD
November 26th, 2016, 04:49 PM
Congrats to LU on the PL Championship. Wish you could have got/gotten it done today for the good of the league and yourselves. Good luck to UNH next week..

ngineer
November 26th, 2016, 04:55 PM
No excuses. We stunk. Injuries and illness at QB didn't help. Looks like last yrs D showed up today. Worst performance all season by entire team. Pathetic and embarrassing.

Don't forget Caslow being out. The leader on defense. Having both star players from the O and D out had to have some effect. With the way UNH was clicking, I don't think it would have made a difference, but I am sure we would have scored more with Shaf healthy and the D makes a few more plays--especially in the middle of the field where the TE was killing us all day. Unfortunately there are days when the wheels fall off. Should be a motivator for the off season.

Lehigh'98
November 26th, 2016, 04:57 PM
Let's be real for a minute here. Yes we had a good season against the Ivy and PL, but we haven't had a real good win since unh in 2013. I think we kinda kidded ourselves a little about how good we were beating up on lesser competition. We never really fixed the defense

NE Leopard
November 26th, 2016, 05:07 PM
Let's be real for a minute here. Yes we had a good season against the Ivy and PL, but we haven't had a real good win since unh in 2013. I think we kinda kidded ourselves a little about how good we were beating up on lesser competition. We never really fixed the defense

Let's be honest, without redshirting and the stringent academic standards of most of the Patriot League schools, it will always be tough to beat a good CAA school in the playoffs. Colgate had a wonderful run last year, but that was an anomaly. Lehigh had a great season this year, but UNH was too tough to tame.

CenMEBlackBearFan
November 26th, 2016, 05:10 PM
Still a significant gap between PL and CAA. Not closing anytime soon. But I digress, this is all Maine's fault. If they would just beat UNH just once(jk).Good luck UNH.
Yea we would have loved to have beaten Lehigh by 40 and you would have a 3 hr longer ride as well!:D

Go Lehigh TU owl
November 26th, 2016, 05:21 PM

But that performance today was brutal. Outside of TP everyone seemed lost. How does Coen not call TO early when the ball hit the ground? That was a huge play early on.

You can't clobber teams and not be good. If Lehigh was scraping by PL and IL teams could see it. But they've shown to be better than this. The way today went down will be a mystery from years to come. It looked like JMU last year....

Pard4Life
November 26th, 2016, 05:23 PM
👍👌😆

R3TRO
November 26th, 2016, 05:34 PM
A lot of talk about Lehigh's starting QB being out without really acknowledging that our 2nd string QB played today as well.

Doc QB
November 26th, 2016, 05:41 PM
Hats off to UNH. They seemed to not be sure they would make tourney, qualified, bid high for a home game, and played hard. Showed they deserved to be in and host, and also that they didnt forget the Colgate loss last year. Good luck with second crack at JMU.

aceinthehole
November 26th, 2016, 05:43 PM
NEC Champ Saint Francis, the 2nd smallest FCS school by enrollment, lost at CAA Villanova by 10 points.

How will SFU be ranked nationally compared to Lehigh?

Lehigh Football Nation
November 26th, 2016, 05:44 PM
My day was not great

Schism55
November 26th, 2016, 05:50 PM
Ummmm. did Lehigh get off the bus today? How do you not show up and play with pride in a playoff game?

KPSUL
November 26th, 2016, 06:05 PM
NEC Champ Saint Francis, the 2nd smallest FCS school by enrollment, lost at CAA Villanova by 10 points.

Don't know for sure, but probably won't make much difference for ST Francis when they produce the final polls after the playoffs. They still won't be ranked. Lehigh will likely drop to the 24-25 level in Coaches & STATS, probably out of the AGS.

KPSUL
November 26th, 2016, 06:08 PM
Ummmm. did Lehigh get off the bus today? How do you not show up and play with pride in a playoff game?

They still thought they'd be playing Maine when they got on the bus. They didn't have the game plan ready when the bus pulled into Durham three hours earlier.

Lehigh'98
November 26th, 2016, 06:23 PM
A lot of talk about Lehigh's starting QB being out without really acknowledging that our 2nd string QB played today as well.

No excuses, you guys win either way. We couldn't stop you, not even once. It was embarrassing

Vermont
November 26th, 2016, 06:38 PM
Some random thoughts after today's blowout,...

...Sean did his best to keep score under 60 pts, but Lehigh didn't cooperate.

QB Reise made some bad mistakes for sure, but his long tosses to O'Connor (#82) were spot on every time against decent coverage,...

...been waiting all year for UNH to play like this. (Read: Dartmouth, Albany,...)

...Pelletier, a NH kid, grew up wanting to be a Wildcat, PG'd to get his house in better order, and UNH still figured they had better prospects (really, Sean?),...ask DeAndrade about that hook and go in Q1.

...UNH had 4 talented freshmen DB's playing in their nickel D,...if they can find a way to pressure JMU QB, next week could be interesting.

...as goes Crossan, so goes UNH's O

...however, 2 young RB's look to be capable of replacing him next fall.

...who gets the start at QB next week, ...reliable Reiss or potential-laden Knight?

...End of day, Lehigh isn't as bad as they looked,...they moved the ball quite well most of the game.

...for 1st time in recent memory, Wildcat D may be better than UNH offense ...what would Chip think?

...don't count UNH out next week down in Harrisonburg just yet,...

NY Crusader 2010
November 26th, 2016, 06:41 PM
No excuses, you guys win either way. We couldn't stop you, not even once. It was embarrassing

Pretty sure neither Lehigh QB (in sickness or in health) was responsible for giving up 600 total yards or allowing 64 points. Turnovers in this game were even, too. Just an old-fashioned ass-whopping in the PL's postseason "home away from home" Durham, NH. We could've sent Georgetown out there and it the game would have been more competitive.

Lehigh will likely be back next year and won't lay another egg.

NY Crusader 2010
November 26th, 2016, 06:45 PM
But that performance today was brutal. Outside of TP everyone seemed lost. How does Coen not call TO early when the ball hit the ground? That was a huge play early on.

You can't clobber teams and not be good. If Lehigh was scraping by PL and IL teams could see it. But they've shown to be better than this. The way today went down will be a mystery from years to come. It looked like JMU last year....

Also funny that this season, UNH lost to the last place team in the Ivy while Lehigh handily defeated the Ivy League champ.

caribbeanhen
November 26th, 2016, 07:04 PM
the bus ride might be worth 4 points for UNH

apparently it was worth 50

Vermont
November 26th, 2016, 07:05 PM
Also funny that this season, UNH lost to the last place team in the Ivy while Lehigh handily defeated the Ivy League champ.

Agreed!

Gate83
November 26th, 2016, 07:05 PM
UNH fans could not have been classier last year when we got the W, congrats on this year's team. Good luck next week!

WrenFGun
November 26th, 2016, 07:44 PM
Congrats Lehigh on an excellent season. I think we all know there isn't a 43 point difference between these teams. Shafinsky being out was a big deal, and obviously, I saw #50 go out early as well. Pelletier is fantastic and can be a #1 WR at any school in the FCS, period. If that guy got more decent throws today he'd have put 200 up. Bragalone looked solid, too.

Time will tell but I think two things have happend with UNH since Adam Riese has come in -- the offensive line, particularly the guards, has absolutely dominated the LOS, and Adam Riese's deep ball threat has made defenses stop crowding the box. His pocket awareness is also better than Knight in that he hangs in there and tries to find his guy. He still basically only makes one read [hence all the picks], but the threat of the deep ball to O'Connor and Donovan has opened some big lanes for Bryant and Crossan, who won this game for UNH.

I don't think the UNH defense did anything special, either. Lehigh ran into problems with 2nd and 3rd and long, and UNH avoided many huge plays [but they still allowed a few.]

Either way, I know Lehigh is taking **** around this board for being lousy/overrated. IMO, it's just a bad day. You don't have 'Nova beaten in week 2 and then get routed by 43 by an inferior team to that. Just either a bad day for Lehigh or an enormous breakout for UNH. We'll see next week.

Skycop27
November 26th, 2016, 07:48 PM
Some comments and observations from one who was there.
First, congratulations to Lehigh who was a bit undermanned,
and never, never quit in this game. The Lehigh offense is indeed
potent. Looking at my program, the skill players are Sophs and Juniors.
You will be back in the playoffs next season - your future looks good.

The 2 early picks were HUGE and set the tone for the UNH Defense which
the offense put up the 2 early scores and never looked back. UNH was dominate
the first half, and would have beaten alot of teams in this tournament on this Saturday.
Being from the area, the loss last season (not to take anything away from Colgate) was a
huge motivator for this team. The big time seniors showed up from the opening drive and
kept the foot on the gas pedal all day. This Lehigh game, with the potent Lehigh offense,
is a good preparation game for next weeks matchup at JMU. 64 points today and 27 points
in the 4th quarter of the last JMU game should at least earn the Dukes attention.
That being said, JMU should be a double digit favorite next week, but that was a heck of a
football game that the UNH Wildcats performed today. Everyone did their job including the
coaching staff! Glad to be on to JMU for the rematch!

NY Crusader 2010
November 26th, 2016, 07:57 PM
Today may have been the first time in history that a PL team was favored against a CAA team in the playoffs....and we still got absolutely hammered. Congrats to UNH -- I'll be rooting for you guys in Harrisonburg. Durham (minus last year) is turning into the PL playoff graveyard.

PAllen
November 26th, 2016, 08:18 PM
JMU's defense is just slightly better than Lehigh's

A wet paper towel is slightly better than the Lehigh defense that showed up today, and only slightly worse than the D that showed up during the middle of the season. Congrats to UNH on delivering a pasting and exposing a team that mails it in.

Hopefully the Lehigh staff can use this as motivation next season and get it through to these kids that they don't deserve anything until they've actually won the games.

Go Lehigh TU owl
November 26th, 2016, 09:30 PM
At least Temple is crushing ECU! Stopped in Danbury, CT for food. Smooth travel so far on the way back from UNH. Still can't that performance....lol

ngineer
November 26th, 2016, 11:09 PM

Lehigh lost to Villanova by 5 points and was winning in the fourth quarter. Who knows? Some days you feel like shat and play that way. Others, everything clicks. Typically the polls reflect the year's body of work, but at the level either SFU or Lehigh is, really doesn't matter.

ngineer
November 26th, 2016, 11:15 PM

xdizzyxxdizzyxxdizzyxxdizzyxxdizzyxxdizzyx Which is why the game is played. With young guys, you never know what is going to show up. Not only one but both Ivy League Champs (Princeton and Penn).

ngineer
November 26th, 2016, 11:18 PM
Congrats Lehigh on an excellent season. I think we all know there isn't a 43 point difference between these teams. Shafinsky being out was a big deal, and obviously, I saw #50 go out early as well. Pelletier is fantastic and can be a #1 WR at any school in the FCS, period. If that guy got more decent throws today he'd have put 200 up. Bragalone looked solid, too.

Time will tell but I think two things have happend with UNH since Adam Riese has come in -- the offensive line, particularly the guards, has absolutely dominated the LOS, and Adam Riese's deep ball threat has made defenses stop crowding the box. His pocket awareness is also better than Knight in that he hangs in there and tries to find his guy. He still basically only makes one read [hence all the picks], but the threat of the deep ball to O'Connor and Donovan has opened some big lanes for Bryant and Crossan, who won this game for UNH.

I don't think the UNH defense did anything special, either. Lehigh ran into problems with 2nd and 3rd and long, and UNH avoided many huge plays

Either way, I know Lehigh is taking **** around this board for being lousy/overrated. IMO, it's just a bad day. You don't have 'Nova beaten in week 2 and then get routed by 43 by an inferior team to that. [B]Just either a bad day for Lehigh or an enormous breakout for UNH. We'll see next week.
I think both occurred.

ngineer
November 26th, 2016, 11:23 PM
Some comments and observations from one who was there.
First, congratulations to Lehigh who was a bit undermanned,
and never, never quit in this game. The Lehigh offense is indeed
potent. Looking at my program, the skill players are Sophs and Juniors.
You will be back in the playoffs next season - your future looks good.

The 2 early picks were HUGE and set the tone for the UNH Defense which
the offense put up the 2 early scores and never looked back. UNH was dominate
the first half, and would have beaten alot of teams in this tournament on this Saturday.
Being from the area, the loss last season (not to take anything away from Colgate) was a
huge motivator for this team. The big time seniors showed up from the opening drive and
kept the foot on the gas pedal all day. This Lehigh game, with the potent Lehigh offense,
is a good preparation game for next weeks matchup at JMU. 64 points today and 27 points
in the 4th quarter of the last JMU game should at least earn the Dukes attention.
That being said, JMU should be a double digit favorite next week, but that was a heck of a
football game that the UNH Wildcats performed today. Everyone did their job including the
coaching staff! Glad to be on to JMU for the rematch!

True, but we need a defense. While we certainly missed our MLB and Captain Colton Caslow today (knee injury in Lafayette game), his absence is no excuse for the lousy tackling and out of position mistakes. I will say your QB had excellent accuracy. There were a number of long passes that were well defended by the DB and still completed due to good location of the pass.

ngineer
November 26th, 2016, 11:26 PM
At least Temple is crushing ECU! Stopped in Danbury, CT for food. Smooth travel so far on the way back from UNH. Still can't that performance....lol

Certainly glad I did not break my ass to get on the road at 5 a.m. to drive to Durham and then drive back.

Go Green
November 27th, 2016, 06:48 AM
Best I can tell, 2016 was the first year that Dartmouth beat a team that advanced in the playoffs.

UNH72Plus
November 27th, 2016, 07:12 AM
Time for a few Wildcat fans to back off Riese, he played a great game. Yes he had 3 picks, but all of them were nice defensive plays. He completed 60% percent of his passes including 3 TDs; ran the ball when he needed to, including one TD; and would have had well over 300 yards passing but for a couple of drops by O'Connor (who otherwise had a great game).

Terry2889
November 27th, 2016, 08:41 AM
Time for a few Wildcat fans to back off Riese, he played a great game. Yes he had 3 picks, but all of them were nice defensive plays. He completed 60% percent of his passes including 3 TDs; ran the ball when he needed to, including one TD; and would have had well over 300 yards passing but for a couple of drops by O'Connor (who otherwise had a great game).

uhhh. all three picks were terrible reads and into double coverage... not complaining, just telling it like it was ; )

van
November 27th, 2016, 08:56 AM

the picks were poor reads, but his accuracy on some of those down field throws when receivers were covered was excellent, QB position was a strength for your team

RootinFerDukes
November 27th, 2016, 11:39 AM
This is New Hampshire's first trip to the newly renovated bridgeforth stadium since it opened in 2011. They are the only CAA team to have not visited at least once and it only took the playoffs to force them back down to Harrisonburg.
Ironically, even Lehigh has been to the new bridgeforth before.

UNHFan
November 27th, 2016, 12:45 PM
This is New Hampshire's first trip to the newly renovated bridgeforth stadium since it opened in 2011. They are the only CAA team to have not visited at least once and it only took the playoffs to force them back down to Harrisonburg.
Ironically, even Lehigh has been to the new bridgeforth before.

Hey.. Whats your thought on Attendance for Saturdays game? Does the local people attend many games? Being schools out wonder what it may be like.. Thinking of driving down

jmu007
November 27th, 2016, 12:52 PM
Guesses on the JMU boards are anywhere from 15k - 19k reported. I think students are back for this one so hopefully it's closer to 20k

RootinFerDukes
November 27th, 2016, 01:03 PM
Hey.. Whats your thought on Attendance for Saturdays game? Does the local people attend many games? Being schools out wonder what it may be like.. Thinking of driving down

It won't sell out. Last year's Colgate game was a school record best attended playoff game and it was only 15,000 and change. The prior year against Liberty on thanksgiving weekend it was 13k.

It always feels like there's more people than the reported number and schools supposedly under report.

Catsfan90
November 27th, 2016, 01:20 PM
It won't sell out. Last year's Colgate game was a school record best attended playoff game and it was only 15,000 and change. The prior year against Liberty on thanksgiving weekend it was 13k.

It always feels like there's more people than the reported number and schools supposedly under report.
Yah, UNH is a notorious over reporter, but for some reason only said there was around 2,500. There seemed to be way more than that, and Lehigh traveled well.

Sent from my XT1080 using Tapatalk

UNH_Alum_In_CT
November 27th, 2016, 03:22 PM
The worst call in college football history. Terrible omen....my goodness

Just got home and watched the beginning of the game on ESPN3 reply. Our TE juggled the ball but controlled it before it touched the ground. Live I thought he dropped it too, but on the video board replay it looked like a good catch. There wasn't even any discussion about getting a replay on ESPN3.

dwtime
November 27th, 2016, 03:31 PM
Agreed, I think Go Lehigh was at the game and didn't see that the ball remained at least 3-4 inches off the turf on the catch. Real time it looked like it had to have touched the ground but it didn't.

Just got home and watched the beginning of the game on ESPN3 reply. Our TE juggled the ball but controlled it before it touched the ground. Live I thought he dropped it too, but on the video board replay it looked like a good catch. There wasn't even any discussion about getting a replay on ESPN3. Itw

UNH_Alum_In_CT
November 27th, 2016, 03:43 PM
During the ESPN3 broadcast they showed film from the 2004 UNH at Georgia Southern playoff game. The commentary had Sean Goldrich at QB when it was really Ricky Santos and Nico Steriti at RB when it was RJ Harvey. Epic fail by ESPN!!!!!

Terry2889
November 27th, 2016, 04:13 PM
During the ESPN3 broadcast they showed film from the 2004 UNH at Georgia Southern playoff game. The commentary had Sean Goldrich at QB when it was really Ricky Santos and Nico Steriti at RB when it was RJ Harvey. Epic fail by ESPN!!!!!

Yeah terrible research there!

KPSUL
November 27th, 2016, 04:24 PM

The normal JMU ticketing site which allows you to select and purchase seats is not functioning. Right now all you can do is submit a request for any tickets they want to provide you. I'd say the best thing to do would be show up early on game day and buy tickets right at the box office.

The NCAA manual for FCS playoffs has been changed to read "The host institution may place the visiting team seating block in the same location as they do for their regular season games". The seating block is 250, with another 250 held in reserve for the visitors somewhere in the stadium in case they need them. At JMU that section for regular season games is adjacent to the endzone with no view of the video scoreboard.

RootinFerDukes
November 27th, 2016, 05:27 PM
The normal JMU ticketing site which allows you to select and purchase seats is not functioning. Right now all you can do is submit a request for any tickets they want to provide you. I'd say the best thing to do would be show up early on game day and buy tickets right at the box office.

The NCAA manual for FCS playoffs has been changed to read "The host institution may place the visiting team seating block in the same location as they do for their regular season games". The seating block is 250, with another 250 held in reserve for the visitors somewhere in the stadium in case they need them. At JMU that section for regular season games is adjacent to the endzone with no view of the video scoreboard.

Yes, that pick your section screen is not enable yet, but I think it is due to the fact that our priority deadline for season ticket holders was today at 5pm. I think the site may then open up any unclaimed seats in all sections to the general public soon. The priority sections may require a minimum duke club donation.

The two sections they are currently selling are more of a general admission style, first come first serve seating. The stadium and many sections won't be completely full and our ticket office knows that, so they don't care about assigning specific seats to anyone in those particular sections.

You are correct that Section 8 is where they put visiting fans, but I thought they allocate up to 1,000 seats to the visiting school and what isn't sold by the visiting school by a specific date is return for resell by JMU. That entire section 8 is 1,000 seats if full.

If you haven't purchased yet, wait and you may be able to pick your section. I think it opened up last year later in the week.

KPSUL
November 27th, 2016, 06:07 PM
Yes, that pick your section screen is not enable yet, but I think it is due to the fact that our priority deadline for season ticket holders was today at 5pm. I think the site may then open up any unclaimed seats in all sections to the general public soon. The priority sections may require a minimum duke club donation.

The two sections they are currently selling are more of a general admission style, first come first serve seating. The stadium and many sections won't be completely full and our ticket office knows that, so they don't care about assigning specific seats to anyone in those particular sections.

You are correct that Section 8 is where they put visiting fans, but I thought they allocate up to 1,000 seats to the visiting school and what isn't sold by the visiting school by a specific date is return for resell by JMU. That entire section 8 is 1,000 seats if full.

If you haven't purchased yet, wait and you may be able to pick your section. I think it opened up last year later in the week.

Thanks very much, that should be useful information for any UNH fans, or neutral fans, thinking about going to the game. If they open up the normal website it makes sense to purchase seats online. "Somebody" should start a UNH @ JMU Thread, where this sort of information could be posted. Since you guys are hosting I nominate you!

Go Lehigh TU owl
November 27th, 2016, 08:16 PM
Few pics from yesterday at UNH. Beautiful campus and great college town! Basically a great New England school ala Vermont. I've never been to Maine. I sat right next to a NH state senator who apparently was very instrumental in getting the stadium redone.

I'm still impressed with they do up there give the facilities they have to work with. The stadium renovation is nice but by no means eye popping. It really doesn't seem like there's 11k seats. I can't imagine what it was like before! The bball gym reminded me of a scaled down McGonigle Hall (Temple's old bball digs). It's tiny! BUT, the school has a lot of other things to sell.....

https://scontent.fagc1-2.fna.fbcdn.net/v/t1.0-9/15268079_1351382548227506_2830818334978253842_n.jp g?oh=1c58513170863f58e89122b9da0b946d&oe=58CEFE11

https://scontent.fagc1-2.fna.fbcdn.net/v/t1.0-9/15268025_1351382574894170_6787807969706375142_n.jp g?oh=93cf19acbd81e032bbdba06fc088fcae&oe=58C5DED3

https://scontent.fagc1-2.fna.fbcdn.net/v/t1.0-9/15179163_1351382604894167_5428627087234018038_n.jp g?oh=a3bbf2d06c2dd397a3ee9b54420c762b&oe=58CA9326

DFW HOYA
November 27th, 2016, 08:28 PM
Few pics from yesterday at UNH. Beautiful campus and great college town! Basically a great New England school ala Vermont. I've never been to Maine. I sat right next to a NH state senator who apparently was very instrumental in getting the stadium redone.

I'm still impressed with they do up there give the facilities they have to work with. The stadium renovation is nice but by no means eye popping. It really doesn't seem like there's 11k seats. I can't imagine what it was like before! The bball gym reminded me of a scaled down McGonigle Hall (Temple's old bball digs). It's tiny! BUT, the school has a lot of other things to sell.....

https://scontent.fagc1-2.fna.fbcdn.net/v/t1.0-9/15268025_1351382574894170_6787807969706375142_n.jp g?oh=93cf19acbd81e032bbdba06fc088fcae&oe=58C5DED3

Looks like one of the early designs for Georgetown's Multi-Sport Field. It didn't turn out that way.

ngineer
November 27th, 2016, 10:49 PM

The visitors seat location is horrendous at JMU. When Lehigh was down there last year everyone was tucked into a corner by one of the endzones. Parking also a problem. Get there early.

Top Dawg
November 28th, 2016, 06:41 AM

The ticketing functionality that shows individual available seats in all sections other than general admission is now enabled.

RootinFerDukes
November 28th, 2016, 07:56 AM
The visitors seat location is horrendous at JMU. When Lehigh was down there last year everyone was tucked into a corner by one of the endzones. Parking also a problem. Get there early.

I'm curious why you thought parking was a pain? I know that free parking can be a half to a full mile walk and our campus has its share of hills, but I've visited many other CAA and FBS schools and have had to walk even further and had a much harder time finding said free parking. Some schools required cash to park, etc. I thought that "inconvenience" was pretty standard.

DirtyDukes
November 28th, 2016, 08:39 AM
There's also multiple shuttles that go to and from the stadium.