PDA

View Full Version : Illinois State vs. Central Arkansas (winner @Eastern Washington)

Pages : [1] 2

REALBird
November 21st, 2016, 09:58 AM
Our good friends over at The Weather Channel have projected the weather to be Sunny and 62 degrees for the game this Saturday in Conway, Arkansas.

About those Redbirds:

Illinois State finished 6-5 (4-4) in the MVFC this year, good enough for 4th place. After a rough start to the season which saw Illinois State experience the euphoric high of beating Northwestern 9-7, Illinois State lose 4 consecutive games to Eastern Illinois, Indiana State, North Dakota State and Youngstown State. Sitting at 2-4 all seemed lost, but the Redbirds put together wins in 4 of their last 5 MVFC games, knocking off then #7 South Dakota State, and then #11 Western Illinois. After sweating out the final week of the season during a BYE, thanks in large part to the Indiana State game being moved up. The Redbirds earned their 3rd consecutive NCAA FCS Football playoff berth in a row, and 4th in the last 5 years under Head Coach Brock Spack.

Illinois State is lead by Sophomore (RS) - Jake Kolbe who started 10 games this year. 212/336, 2495 yards, 20 TD/7 INT. Illinois State has primarily been RB by committee this season with at least 5 RB's with over 20 carries, but none with 100 total on the season. Speedy scatback Jamal Towns 5' 6" 175 is averaging 6.0 yards per carry is the leader with 94/566 yards, 2 TD. When the lightweight Towns is out of the game he gives way to 6'0 ' 225 pound DeMarco Corbin, 82/402, 3 TD's (4.9 yards/carry), joining them are Sophomore George Moriera - 42/287, 3 TD (6.7 yards/carry), and true Freshman James Robinson 62/328 , 2 TD (5.3 yards/carry).

The receiving corp is lead by Anthony Warrum 57 rec, 956 yards, 9 TDs - (16.8 yds/rec). Spencer Schnell 54/434/1 has emerged as a great possession receiver for the Redbirds after coming into his own this year averaging 8.0 yards a reception. Christian Gibbs 48/530/5 TD has become a great compliment to the speedster Warrum and is averaging 11.5 yards a reception. The receiving corp is rounded out by Anthony Fowler - 27/353/1 TD (9.1 yards/rec)

The Redbird DEF has had it's ups and downs this year, but seemed to hit it's stride at just the right time. This DEF group doesn't have the standout player or players of the National Championship runner-up a few years ago, but does have at least 12 players with 20 or more tackles, and at least 9 players with 50 tackles or more on the season. The anchor of the unit is Alejandro Rivera (88 tackles, 1 sack, 2 INT) and transfer B.J. Bello (Illinois) (67 tackles, 9 TFL, 6 sacks, 2 FF)

The much maligned secondary which was totally shredded last year vs. Richmond has bounced back this year with 8 INT. Alex Koucor leads the secondary and is second on the team with 85 tackles and 1 INT. Drashane Glass leads the secondary with 3 INT, LaDarious Newbold (transfer from Texas Tech) is second with 2 INT, including a 95 yard pick six against SDSU this year.

Don't know if there are any Central Arkansas fans onboard, but would love to get a good write-up of your team.

TheRevSFA
November 21st, 2016, 10:00 AM
Cue the Bear with a great write up...

PantherRob82
November 21st, 2016, 10:35 AM
Casey's breakfast pizza /end thread

Thumper 76
November 21st, 2016, 10:59 AM
Go ISUr! Prove you deserve to be in and rep the ol MVFC or we will have to hear about it from SHSU fans until they get knocked out.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Daytripper
November 21st, 2016, 11:33 AM
Go ISUr! Prove you deserve to be in and rep the ol MVFC or we will have to hear about it from SHSU fans until they get knocked out.

Most of us could give one **** about ISUr in the playoffs, one way or the other. Yet you keep referring back to us in every one of your posts. I think you may have a secret crush.....

Redbird007
November 21st, 2016, 11:33 AM

'Xactly first thing that came to mind when I saw our playoff draw. Hope I don't get ill trying to watch the game on that crazy *ss field.

Sammy94
November 21st, 2016, 11:38 AM
'Xactly first thing that came to mind when I saw our playoff draw. Hope I don't get ill trying to watch the game on that crazy *ss field.

Watching a game on that field on the tv is brutal, its not as bad in person.

Thumper 76
November 21st, 2016, 11:49 AM
Most of us could give one **** about ISUr in the playoffs, one way or the other. Yet you keep referring back to us in every one of your posts. I think you may have a secret crush.....

Nah, hard to miss you guys when every other post on here is an SHSU fan throwing a tantrum. You and I both know if UCA beats a MVFC team it's going to be shouted from the rooftops by SHSU fans how overrated the MVFC is.

FargoBison
November 21st, 2016, 11:56 AM
ISUR is a dangerous team, Spack has them playing some good football.

TheRevSFA
November 21st, 2016, 11:57 AM
ISUr matches up well with UCA.

UCA also starts very slow, so if ISUr and get a few scores in early, UCA won't catch up

Sammy94
November 21st, 2016, 11:59 AM
Nah, hard to miss you guys when every other post on here is an SHSU fan throwing a tantrum. You and I both know if UCA beats a MVFC team it's going to be shouted from the rooftops by SHSU fans how overrated the MVFC is.

See the funny part is, it won't just be SHSU fans who think that.

The UCA team I saw Sat. and the one that has had issues with turnovers and penalties in the recent past shouldn't be a problem for any playoff team especially one from the mighty MVFC.

Schism55
November 21st, 2016, 12:04 PM
From what I've seen of UCA this year, color me unimpressed.
Redbirds uber experienced O line controls the game.
Ill St wins handily.

Thumper 76
November 21st, 2016, 12:05 PM
See the funny part is, it won't just be SHSU fans who think that.

The UCA team I saw Sat. and the one that has had issues with turnovers and penalties in the recent past shouldn't be a problem for any playoff team especially one from the mighty MVFC.

Oh don't worry I'm well aware of how excited people will be to see MVFC teams fall to a non MVFC team xlolx

BEAR
November 21st, 2016, 12:05 PM
http://ucasports.com/news/2016/11/20/Playoff_Tix_Info.aspx

X-Factor
November 21st, 2016, 12:15 PM
If ISUr were to win on Saturday, just think of all the field colors they would witness in such a playoff run! Players might begin to wish they were colorblind.

BEAR
November 21st, 2016, 12:25 PM
UCA is probably averaging 10 penalties and 100 penalty yards per game recently.

Maybe 3 or 4 turnovers per game. The SHSU game we fumbled the ball 3 times in the first quarter.

Our coaches dont know that the forward pass exists. When we do pass it the play is to the sideline or snap it 10 yards behind the line and pass it TO the line of scrimmage. You should have seen the coaches faces when they saw the Bearkats ability to throw it past the line of scrimmage. I was expecting us to run the wishbone.

Our RBs can't decide to run forward. It's dance left, dance right, run to the pile of humans and fall down.

We've got WRs we dont even use even though they have proven when they get put in they excel in their positions. Our RBs can't find a rhythm because they get in for 4 plays a game because we use 6 of them a game.

Why am I so negative now and not earlier this year? Because now teams have seen the strengths we once had and have adjusted but WE haven't changed it. Thats huge for fans. Even if we dont have the best team in the game, at least optimize what is there with the talent you have on the sidelines and put it in the game.

Bison56
November 21st, 2016, 12:36 PM
Why are Sammy fans so insecure?

Looking forward to this game, should be a good one.

Sammy94
November 21st, 2016, 12:45 PM

why was Sam fans even brought up in this thread is the better question.

centennial
November 21st, 2016, 12:48 PM
ISUr try not to embarrass the MVFC. They are playing good football right now, UCA will have get some breaks to win.

Nickels
November 21st, 2016, 12:48 PM

They know their ass beating is coming soon.

F'N Hawks
November 21st, 2016, 12:57 PM

Agreed. **** was getting old a couple weeks ago.

Thumper 76
November 21st, 2016, 01:01 PM

Go ahead tell me I was wrong with my statement. Just cause you don't like it doesn't mean it isn't true, much like where Sammie was seeded. It was more of an off the cuff comment, but leave it to the girls that cheer for Sammie to make it the center of the conversation. I think ISUr should take this one with how the Stache has had them playing, but we shall see.

REALBird
November 21st, 2016, 01:12 PM
If ISUr were to win on Saturday, just think of all the field colors they would witness in such a playoff run! Players might begin to wish they were colorblind.

Well I think it's a new standard that if ISU reaches the playoffs in an even year, they may be required to go to Eastern Washington. (2012, 2014, 2016???)

I think we're just going to start having practice there late in the year in preparation.

Sam_Kats
November 21st, 2016, 01:20 PM
Should be a good game. UCA rarely loses on that hideous field. Bears move on to Cheney.

REALBird
November 21st, 2016, 01:26 PM

Maybe 3 or 4 turnovers per game. The SHSU game we fumbled the ball 3 times in the first quarter.

Our coaches dont know that the forward pass exists. When we do pass it the play is to the sideline or snap it 10 yards behind the line and pass it TO the line of scrimmage. You should have seen the coaches faces when they saw the Bearkats ability to throw it past the line of scrimmage. I was expecting us to run the wishbone.

Our RBs can't decide to run forward. It's dance left, dance right, run to the pile of humans and fall down.

We've got WRs we dont even use even though they have proven when they get put in they excel in their positions. Our RBs can't find a rhythm because they get in for 4 plays a game because we use 6 of them a game.

Why am I so negative now and not earlier this year? Because now teams have seen the strengths we once had and have adjusted but WE haven't changed it. Thats huge for fans. Even if we dont have the best team in the game, at least optimize what is there with the talent you have on the sidelines and put it in the game.

Early season Illinois State and the slow start doomed them as well. Somehow they figured out that they play better with a lead, and stopped getting behind so early. The run game was a huge boost for Kolbe and helped him settle down thanks to our OC basically going into retirement in August. It definitely set our team back a bit and I'm inclined to believe that the offensive coaching staff didn't put it all together until about midway through the season. I'd say both sides of the ball are playing with confidence for Illinois State and I think they want to prove they deserve to be in the playoffs. But winning on the road is never easy, of our 4 late season victories - SIU, SDSU, Missouri St. were all at home, with one road win @WIU.

Redbird007
November 21st, 2016, 02:53 PM
Well I think it's a new standard that if ISU reaches the playoffs in an even year, they may be required to go to Eastern Washington. (2012, 2014, 2016???)

I think we're just going to start having practice there late in the year in preparation.

I look forward to the day the EWU comes to ISU.

Bear84
November 21st, 2016, 02:54 PM
If the bears were playing like they did during the middle of the season, I would say they have a decent chance Saturday. However, the last 3 games, the offense has been horrible for no real reason. Don't know of any significant injuries, so maybe it's mental, but who knows. Turnovers, penalties and a general lack of execution. Maybe they are beat up more than the fans realize? If they really get it together, and get some help from turnovers, then maybe it will be a good game, but right now I would not pick UCA. Defense is very strong against the run, but without help from the O, it will probably not be pretty.

REALBird
November 21st, 2016, 02:54 PM
I look forward to the day the EWU comes to ISU.

Should have happened in 2014, but it ended up well that time. Hoping if we go back to EWU we can have similar results - a Win!

BEAR
November 21st, 2016, 04:04 PM
Two realistic Bear fans have now told the FCS community they aren't sure what is going on with the team. Fatigue? Injuries they're not revealing? Are they good on run defense because they move players up which in turn frees up the opposition to throw it? Are coaches getting out-coached? We dont know. But what we do know is this team doesnt resemble the one just a couple of months ago. Big question is can that team find itself before Saturday.

caribbeanhen
November 21st, 2016, 04:55 PM
Go ahead tell me I was wrong with my statement.

ok, you were wrong!

caribbeanhen
November 21st, 2016, 05:01 PM
Two realistic Bear fans have now told the FCS community they aren't sure what is going on with the team. Fatigue? Injuries they're not revealing? Are they good on run defense because they move players up which in turn frees up the opposition to throw it? Are coaches getting out-coached? We dont know. But what we do know is this team doesnt resemble the one just a couple of months ago. Big question is can that team find itself before Saturday.

I was coming on here to say something like.... after 11 games we still don't know that much about C Arkansas

earlier this year, when you were ranked #31 I believe, I tuned into one of your games and liked your team, I did an infomercial in one of the AGS poll threads about how you deserved to be ranked higher, you kept on winning and moved on up but when you neared the top 10, I said it was time to put the brakes on Central Arkansas, so like I was saying so we even know how good or bad your team is after the 11 game season? Sammy is just smoking hot right now so I don't put to much steak (spelled correctly in Texas) in the blowout, Sammy could blow out a lot of so called good teams right now.....

this is an interesting game for sure and I'm picking C Arky to win

Kemo
November 21st, 2016, 05:10 PM
ISU-Red has beat better teams than UCA and lost to worst teams than UCA, but the Redbirds have been trending upwards so I'd lean toward favoring them over the Bears.

Also, I think I speak for all Jackrabbit fans when I say that I'm happy to see Anthony Warrum's college career is winding down.

Houndawg
November 21st, 2016, 05:18 PM
ISUr try not to embarrass the MVFC. They are playing good football right now, UCA will have get some breaks to win.

I hope their offense is playing better than they did against SIU.

PantherRob82
November 21st, 2016, 05:35 PM

Hilarious! I didn't think of that.

REALBird
November 21st, 2016, 06:27 PM
I hope their offense is playing better than they did against SIU.

Much better on both sides of the ball.

Daytripper
November 21st, 2016, 09:06 PM
I think the Bears will finally play loose. I think the unexpected attention and rankings got in their head. They are better than what they showed in Huntsville. Win the turnover battle and win the game against ISUr.

Nickels
November 21st, 2016, 09:56 PM
I think the Bears will finally play loose. I think the unexpected attention and rankings got in their head. They are better than what they showed in Huntsville. Win the turnover battle and win the game against ISUr.
I actually agree with you...for once.

McNeese72
November 21st, 2016, 10:03 PM

Nicely done!!!

Doc

tomq04
November 21st, 2016, 10:17 PM
I think we would prefer to see UCA in Cheney. Either way I don't think either team matches very well against the ewu offense.

Excited to watch a good game though.

Twentysix
November 21st, 2016, 11:05 PM
I think we would prefer to see UCA in Cheney. Either way I don't think either team matches very well against the ewu offense.

Yeah,I'llbeverysurprisedifEWUdoesn'tadvancetotheQF s.

Nickels
November 21st, 2016, 11:12 PM
Yeah,I'llbeverysurprisedifEWUdoesn'tadvancetotheQF s.
Are you having the problem where the 1st line wont allow spaces? It's been annoying me for about 2 weeks now.

Serpentor
November 21st, 2016, 11:20 PM
Go ahead tell me I was wrong with my statement. Just cause you don't like it doesn't mean it isn't true, much like where Sammie was seeded. It was more of an off the cuff comment, but leave it to the girls that cheer for Sammie to make it the center of the conversation. I think ISUr should take this one with how the Stache has had them playing, but we shall see.

You bringing us up in this conversation negates any attempt on your part to put the blame on us. We get it, you're a very insecure man who has to attack others to distract from your own failings in life and keep people from criticizing YOUR team. But at least try to pretend you actually give a crap about the games at hand in this thread before you have another tantrum.

Thumper 76
November 21st, 2016, 11:50 PM
You bringing us up in this conversation negates any attempt on your part to put the blame on us. We get it, you're a very insecure man who has to attack others to distract from your own failings in life and keep people from criticizing YOUR team. But at least try to pretend you actually give a crap about the games at hand in this thread before you have another tantrum.

xlolx attack? Nah, you'll know if I'm actually attacking you poor tenderfoot baby's from down south, cause I'll send you all a box of stress balls and tissues ahead of time ;)

Also, what I said was true, and is a legitimate reason for me to have interest in this game. The caterwauling from you soft southerners is irritating enough as it is, let alone if some one from the Southland manages to knock off a MVFC team.

fmrbearkat
November 22nd, 2016, 01:02 AM

http://www.anygivensaturday.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=23943&stc=1

Momma finally let him go to the park with big brother and now he's feeling frisky riding on bubba bisons coat tails....he's harmless.

Plus....It's the Dakotas....you don't go outside much there after time change for fear of their balls shrinking up and getting confused for a typical plump, slightly hairy Dakota gal.

geaux_sioux
November 22nd, 2016, 08:29 AM
So yea..... Whomever wins this game it would be great if you could just go ahead and beat eastern washington so UND, barring a second round win of their own, could host a second playoff game. Then could you kindly loose that game? That'd be great, thanks.

Serpentor
November 22nd, 2016, 08:36 AM
So yea..... Whomever wins this game it would be great if you could just go ahead and beat eastern washington so UND, barring a second round win of their own, could host a second playoff game. Then could you kindly loose that game? That'd be great, thanks.

Gentlemen, you have your assignments, go forth and wreak havoc...

REALBird
November 22nd, 2016, 08:37 AM

We did pretty good last time on the Red Inferno, no less against the great Vernon Adams and Cooper Kupp. Provided we get to EWU I think we've got enough DEF and OFF to win there again. First things first........UCA in Conway this weekend.

REALBird
November 22nd, 2016, 08:40 AM
ISU-Red has beat better teams than UCA and lost to worst teams than UCA, but the Redbirds have been trending upwards so I'd lean toward favoring them over the Bears.

Also, I think I speak for all Jackrabbit fans when I say that I'm happy to see Anthony Warrum's college career is winding down.

Well if things work out well for both of us....maybe you can see him one more time in Frisco, Tx. LOL

mango433
November 22nd, 2016, 08:50 AM
Well if things work out well for both of us....maybe you can see him one more time in Frisco, Tx. LOL

And if we do, maybe this time we won't have two touchdowns taken off the board

REALBird
November 22nd, 2016, 08:53 AM

Daytripper....depends on what UCA is made of. Are they the team that puts the drubbing by SHSU behind them, goes back to basics and says it's a new season. Or did they amp themselves up for the Southland Championship, only to find out they're still not quite ready?

Our guys were sent home last weekend for fall break, only to find out they're in the playoffs. I know they're amped and want to show they belong. That and the BYE week the final week of the season (while you guys were whomping on UCA) means we should be rested and healthy for the game on Saturday.

REALBird
November 22nd, 2016, 08:54 AM
And if we do, maybe this time we won't have two touchdowns taken off the board

There you go bringing up old stuff. LOL.

ST_Lawson
November 22nd, 2016, 09:11 AM
Are you having the problem where the 1st line wont allow spaces? It's been annoying me for about 2 weeks now.

Oh good, I thought it was just me. I've been having the same issue. Every time I post something I've been having to type it into notepad and then paste it in the reply box.

deez_na
November 22nd, 2016, 09:22 AM
Sammy fans..... xbabycryx

F'N Hawks
November 22nd, 2016, 09:24 AM
Oh good, I thought it was just me. I've been having the same issue. Every time I post something I've been having to type it into notepad and then paste it in the reply box.

I click the 'go advanced' button below to bring up a new message box. But yes, it's a an issue right now.

ST_Lawson
November 22nd, 2016, 09:32 AM
I click the 'go advanced' button below to bring up a new message box. But yes, it's a an issue right now.

Good to know, thanks.

BEAR
November 22nd, 2016, 09:47 AM
Thread drifts.......xlolx

kalm
November 22nd, 2016, 09:49 AM

If you hit return and the cursor goes to the next line down, then bring it back up, you can space again.

Serpentor
November 22nd, 2016, 09:55 AM
Thread drifts.......xlolx

Bison and Jackrabbit fans gotta ruin everything...

Thumper 76
November 22nd, 2016, 09:58 AM
Bison and Jackrabbit fans gotta ruin everything...

I make a comment about the game that has one line about SHSU in it and it turns into a ****show. Obviously my fault xlolx

BisonBacker
November 22nd, 2016, 10:00 AM
Just click on "Go Advanced" It's only a problem with Chrome and if you use the Post Quick Reply option. I've also noticed it's now an intermittent problem. Sometimes it happens and other times it works fine. It's really weird.

F'N Hawks
November 22nd, 2016, 10:03 AM
If you hit return and the cursor goes to the next line down, then bring it back up, you can space again.

Oh! and it worked. Thanks!

fmrbearkat
November 22nd, 2016, 11:00 AM

I really don't want to see EWU. The games against them take 5 years off my life with stess. But damn they are ALWAYS exciting. This should be a really good game. Is ISU a run first or pass first team?

Thumper 76
November 22nd, 2016, 11:02 AM
I think the Birds win this but I'm not terribly confident with it down in Arkansas.

The Pud
November 22nd, 2016, 11:11 AM
From my research this morning I see that UCA rarely loses on that hideous field. I predict the Bears move on to Cheney.

centennial
November 22nd, 2016, 11:26 AM
I'll be surprised if Illinois State losses this game. They are on a run, and have been beating UCA level teams. Also they have finally figured out their offense.

REALBird
November 22nd, 2016, 11:28 AM
From my research this morning I see that UCA rarely loses on that hideous field. I predict the Bears move on to Cheney.

As mentioned previously, we're 1-1 vs. Eastern Washington on the Red Inferno. Nothing worse than the home team wearing Red/White/Black vs. the visiting team wearing Red/White/Black on a Red/White field. Then you have to watch that on TV.
Playing on concrete gray and purple should be easy compared to that.

27-7 over a 5 year period isn't bad, but it's not exactly like earth shattering. Hell in that same time Illinois State is 32-7 at home playing against the MVFC. Conversely, we're also 19-16 on the road over that same time frame. Not stellar, but it shows we are capable of winning on the road. Also, doesn't exactly look like the locals are eating up tickets for this affair. As long as the roads are clear and the weather is nice, I'd expect to see a decent amount of Red in the stands in Conway this weekend. Don't bet the farm on the field. If UCA is good and their record indicates they are, then that's what will win the game for them. But Illinois State won't be afraid of some turf.

Professor Chaos
November 22nd, 2016, 12:45 PM
Dom Izzo just tweeted out a good point about the horrendous turf Illinois St is set to have to play on given their spot in the bracket.

If they beat UCA on the hotel carpet turf they have to go to the period turf in Cheney next week. Blech!

ISUr fans may want to see if they still make black and white TVs.

McNeese72
November 22nd, 2016, 04:37 PM
My nickname for the UCA field is "The Cake". I get that from my buddy, Cbuck, who said, after seeing it for the first time in person, it made him feel like lighting candles and singing Happy Birthday.

ST_Lawson
November 22nd, 2016, 09:20 PM
As mentioned previously, we're 1-1 vs. Eastern Washington on the Red Inferno. Nothing worse than the home team wearing Red/White/Black vs. the visiting team wearing Red/White/Black on a Red/White field. Then you have to watch that on TV.
Playing on concrete gray and purple should be easy compared to that.

If you beat UCA, I'm going to turn down the color on my TV and watch that one in B&W. Either that or find a radio feed to listen to instead. Not sure my eyes would be able to take it.

milleniumkat
November 22nd, 2016, 10:06 PM

Why would we care about ISU?

www.MKsavedAGS.com

milleniumkat
November 22nd, 2016, 10:14 PM

How exactly do you guys describe your posts of ours are tantrums? Would you say "Irritable Mouth Syndrome" or "anal insertions"?

www.MKsavedAGS.com

milleniumkat
November 22nd, 2016, 10:18 PM

We're not insecure. Just irritated at the lack of respect and the fact that we can't even discuss our team without folks going out of their way to be smart asses. so, if we can't have a discussion with peeps from your conferences we'll just start throwing our dung at you and laugh as you attempt to make sense of it all.

Muuuuahahahahg 💩

www.MKsavedAGS.com

milleniumkat
November 22nd, 2016, 10:21 PM
And how did SHSU get mentioned so much in every damn thread on this frigging site?

It's damn near SHSU hate on everything thread.

check out old Pumper76, he can't go one post on a UCA and ISU thread without mentioning SHSU. I bet he calls his "partner" Briscoe as they make mattress music

www.MKsavedAGS.com

milleniumkat
November 22nd, 2016, 10:22 PM

ISU is a 6-5 team, not exactly on the radar of many teams not even the sorry SLC.

www.MKsavedAGS.com

milleniumkat
November 22nd, 2016, 10:30 PM
xlolx attack? Nah, you'll know if I'm actually attacking you poor tenderfoot baby's from down south, cause I'll send you all a box of stress balls and tissues ahead of time ;)

Also, what I said was true, and is a legitimate reason for me to have interest in this game. The caterwauling from you soft southerners is irritating enough as it is, let alone if some one from the Southland manages to knock off a MVFC team.

so now your making regional insults? Ask us again about why you irritate us? ask again why you can't figure out why all of our threads turn into this? your just that kid that likes to talk **** but can't handle it when it comes back. So crawl back into your igloo with your bearded Viking whore and let real Americans talk about football ok?

Shouldn't you be off trying to rig an election like all of the other Folks from your university do?

www.MKsavedAGS.com

milleniumkat
November 22nd, 2016, 10:33 PM
Dom Izzo just tweeted out a good point about the horrendous turf Illinois St is set to have to play on given their spot in the bracket.

If they beat UCA on the hotel carpet turf they have to go to the period turf in Cheney next week. Blech!

ISUr fans may want to see if they still make black and white TVs.

despite the headache turf, if you ever get a chance to go to a game in Conway it's worth it. One of the best small college venues around. It reminds me of Lambeau field...a stadium and campus with a surrounding neighborhood straight outta Leave it to Beaver.

www.MKsavedAGS.com

milleniumkat
November 22nd, 2016, 10:36 PM
With all that ranting, I apologize to my bros from UCA for this thread turning into another cock measuring contest with these retarded Eskimos from South Canada.

I hope you do well and kick some ass. (Please understand that Only MVfC fans are allowed to pull for each other on here so I may be banned)....but I still hope we meet in Frisco!

www.MKsavedAGS.com

Bisonoline
November 22nd, 2016, 10:42 PM
so now your making regional insults? Ask us again about why you irritate us? ask again why you can't figure out why all of our threads turn into this? your just that kid that likes to talk **** but can't handle it when it comes back. So crawl back into your igloo with your bearded Viking whore and let real Americans talk about football ok?

Shouldn't you be off trying to rig an election like all of the other Folks from your university do?

www.MKsavedAGS.com (http://www.MKsavedAGS.com)

Why the beef with regional insults? Youve been doing that since you got here.
Knowing Thumper he takes it as well as he gives it. As a matter of fact Im sure hes laughing at your idiocy and how easy hes trolled you.

Which election are you referring to? There has been no election rigging.

Thumper 76
November 22nd, 2016, 10:43 PM
How exactly do you guys describe your posts of ours are tantrums? Would you say "Irritable Mouth Syndrome" or "anal insertions"?

www.MKsavedAGS.com

First, I'm gunna need to be drunk to try to decipher this gem.

Second, for the love of God figure out how to use the multi quote function.

Step by step from Tapatalk:

Step One: tap the post you want to quote, and click on the more optionhttp://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20161123/0ee5a37d4807e156165d62feadfa93b9.jpg

Step Two: tap the multi quote option that pops up. http://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20161123/156359ddabdbc4310643d67d78cd4f20.jpg

Step Three: Continue reading, any more posts you wish to respond to, tap on them. They will turn a light blue so you know it's selected, like so.
http://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20161123/bdb82a13dc8dcdd8932e6ecdbda88d42.png

Step Four: When you are done reading through, and have selected all the people you want to respond to, just give the little quote bubble on the top right a tap.
http://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20161123/262609b051bebe54900a2399c2f299ec.jpg

Enjoy! :D

Bisonoline
November 22nd, 2016, 10:45 PM
Thats going to leave a mark. LOL

milleniumkat
November 22nd, 2016, 10:48 PM
Knowing Thumper he takes it as well as he gives it. As a matter of fact Im sure hes laughing at your idiocy and how easy hes trolled you.

Only in response to the ones you guys have been making. but I guess y'all forget about those.

www.MKsavedAGS.com

milleniumkat
November 22nd, 2016, 10:50 PM
First, I'm gunna need to be drunk to try to decipher this gem.

Second, for the love of God figure out how to use the multi quote function.

Step by step from Tapatalk:

Step One: tap the post you want to quote, and click on the more optionhttp://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20161123/0ee5a37d4807e156165d62feadfa93b9.jpg

Step Two: tap the multi quote option that pops up. http://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20161123/156359ddabdbc4310643d67d78cd4f20.jpg

Step Three: Continue reading, any more posts you wish to respond to, tap on them. They will turn a light blue so you know it's selected, like so.
http://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20161123/bdb82a13dc8dcdd8932e6ecdbda88d42.png

Step Four: When you are done reading through, and have selected all the people you want to respond to, just give the little quote bubble on the top right a tap.
http://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20161123/262609b051bebe54900a2399c2f299ec.jpg

Enjoy! :D

I know how to use it. Lol. you think I have forgotten that you have stated that you don't like the multi quotes? But you just wasted a post doing coloring book stuff begging me to stop. I did just a few to annoy you, wait till next week. Good luck.

milleniumkat
November 22nd, 2016, 10:51 PM

ask Sam Ojuri.

www.MKsavedAGS.com

Bisonoline
November 22nd, 2016, 10:52 PM
ask Sam Ojuri.

www.MKsavedAGS.com (http://www.MKsavedAGS.com)

Sam wasnt invoved in any election rigging.

milleniumkat
November 22nd, 2016, 10:53 PM

okey doke.

www.MKsavedAGS.com

Thumper 76
November 22nd, 2016, 10:58 PM
I know how to use it. Lol. you think I have forgotten that you have stated that you don't like the multi quotes? But you just wasted a post doing coloring book stuff begging me to stop. I did just a few to annoy you, wait till next week. Good luck.

Sorry, just assumed you needed pictures and pretty colors for you to understand. Knock yourself out man.

JSUSoutherner
November 22nd, 2016, 11:10 PM
UCA vs. ISUr?

Which one is more likely to upset EWU? I want that one to win.

#SaveOurRetinas

Loyl2u
November 23rd, 2016, 01:21 AM
On to important stuff. There appears to be no Casey's breakfast pizza within 60 miles of Conway, Ark!!! This will be extremely distressing to our Redbirds tailgate crew. We have indentified what can only be assumed to be a substantially inferior imitation breakfast pizza at the "Kum and Go". Fortunately, we have nothing with this kind of name anywhere around us( can't imagine all the related jokes) but was wondering if anyone could give us some feedback on how this compares with Casey's breakfast pizza. Maybe Sammy Fans can chime in on this one, as well.

JSUSoutherner
November 23rd, 2016, 01:52 AM
On to important stuff. There appears to be no Casey's breakfast pizza within 60 miles of Conway, Ark!!! This will be extremely distressing to our Redbirds tailgate crew. We have indentified what can only be assumed to be a substantially inferior imitation breakfast pizza at the "Kum and Go". Fortunately, we have nothing with this kind of name anywhere around us( can't imagine all the related jokes) but was wondering if anyone could give us some feedback on how this compares with Casey's breakfast pizza. Maybe Sammy Fans can chime in on this one, as well.
I thought there was a Caseys in Conway on 65 somewhere?

I may be thinking of the one in Harrison though.

Thumper 76
November 23rd, 2016, 08:44 AM

Be Strong!

milleniumkat
November 23rd, 2016, 08:56 AM

All's I know is that the Waffle House next to my hotel when I stay there has rescued me from Alcohol poisoning more than a few times.

www.MKsavedAGS.com

REALBird
November 23rd, 2016, 09:02 AM
Why would we care about ISU?

www.MKsavedAGS.com

So I guess what you're saying is that Southland Conference pride only extends to SHSU? After that it's every team for themselves?

Seriously MK. It's ok to root for a conference rival to win a playoff game. Doesn't necessarily have to be about Illinois State. After all the woofing by MVFC fans, I'm sure most people would like to see all 4 teams lose in the first two weeks.

Then again, that might make this board unBEARable. Go MVFC.

milleniumkat
November 23rd, 2016, 09:06 AM
So I guess what you're saying is that Southland Conference pride only extends to SHSU? After that it's every team for themselves?

Seriously MK. It's ok to root for a conference rival to win a playoff game. Doesn't necessarily have to be about Illinois State. After all the woofing by MVFC fans, I'm sure most people would like to see all 4 teams lose in the first two weeks.

Then again, that might make this board unBEARable. Go MVFC.

I....don't think we are on the same page. I am pulling for UCA. But it has nothing to do with an MVfC team . His post seemed to suggest some MVfC vendetta. I like the MVfC just not some of their fans. I get no joy from watching I'll state lose. No disrespect. Just not interested. That's all.

www.MKsavedAGS.com

REALBird
November 23rd, 2016, 09:07 AM

Cant eat at some knockoff called the "Jizz and Whizz". But some Casey's. Freeze it the day before. Keep it in the cooler until you get there and put it on the grill the next day. Then again.....I've never experienced cold Casey's. Is that legal if you're not drunk?

Serpentor
November 23rd, 2016, 09:15 AM

*Cough* http://www.espn.com/college-football/story/_/id/8452749/ten-north-dakota-state-bison-players-plead-guilty-petition-fraud

McNeese75
November 23rd, 2016, 09:20 AM
So I guess what you're saying is that Southland Conference pride only extends to SHSU? After that it's every team for themselve

Nay Nay, We all support our playoff representatives we just have to deal with the little bit of throw up in our throats when we do :D xdrunkyx

Bisonator
November 23rd, 2016, 09:32 AM
*Cough* http://www.espn.com/college-football/story/_/id/8452749/ten-north-dakota-state-bison-players-plead-guilty-petition-fraud
What's that have to do with election rigging?xdontknowx

Our boys were just trying to help get these issues on the ballet. :D

Serpentor
November 23rd, 2016, 10:10 AM
What's that have to do with election rigging?xdontknowx

Our boys were just trying to help get these issues on the ballet. :D

Well you do have to admire their creative interpretation of the issue. :P

ST_Lawson
November 23rd, 2016, 10:29 AM
Cant eat at some knockoff called the "Jizz and Whizz". But some Casey's. Freeze it the day before. Keep it in the cooler until you get there and put it on the grill the next day. Then again.....I've never experienced cold Casey's. Is that legal if you're not drunk?

Looks like there's one just about 30 minutes up I-40 from Conway in Atkins, AR. Drive down on Friday, get up a little earlier on Saturday morning and hit the road, you should be back in about an hour with some breakfast pizza and some tailgating snacks and you should be good to go.
https://goo.gl/maps/j6rvgx5X8us

Thumper 76
November 23rd, 2016, 11:23 AM
https://media0.giphy.com/media/s32AOCdWc91ao/giphy.gif

Looks like there's one just about 30 minutes up I-40 from Conway in Atkins, AR. Drive down on Friday, get up a little earlier on Saturday morning and hit the road, you should be back in about an hour with some breakfast pizza and some tailgating snacks and you should be good to go.
https://goo.gl/maps/j6rvgx5X8us

Maybe they would cater the tailgate?

milleniumkat
November 23rd, 2016, 01:04 PM

Lolololllolol. facts bust em up every time.

www.MKsavedAGS.com

Rjones61
November 23rd, 2016, 01:36 PM

To solve this, I click Go Advanced. Annoying, but it works.

milleniumkat
November 23rd, 2016, 05:31 PM
Just finished the Redbirds vs Western Illinois, yesterday DirtyBirds vs YSU.

Illinois State is in trouble if UCA comes to play and holds on to the ball.

www.MKsavedAGS.com

milleniumkat
November 23rd, 2016, 07:20 PM
UCABear or other UCA fans, aside from this last weeks result, how do you think SHSU matches up against Samford?

www.MKsavedAGS.com

BEAR
November 23rd, 2016, 07:48 PM
Well, if either Sam makes it that far just look at the stat results of the UCA game vs Samford and the UCA game vs Sammy. Easy to answer that and I think you know it already.

milleniumkat
November 23rd, 2016, 09:14 PM
Well, if either Sam makes it that far just look at the stat results of the UCA game vs Samford and the UCA game vs Sammy. Easy to answer that and I think you know it already.

Not necessarily. Games break down differently. Samford seems to be a common tie. you played them, they played Wofford, Chatty and Citadel. You guys whopped them on the stat sheet more than any of those three teams. Trying to gauge your "eyes on target" to get a feel for the Socon Leaders.

www.MKsavedAGS.com

Thumper 76
November 23rd, 2016, 09:33 PM

www.MKsavedAGS.com

And here you were pretending to not care about other teams xlolx ;)

milleniumkat
November 23rd, 2016, 09:38 PM
And here you were pretending to not care about other teams xlolx ;)

I don't care about THEM. I care about US. I enjoy information and analysis. You just enjoy anal.

www.MKsavedAGS.com

Thumper 76
November 23rd, 2016, 09:43 PM
I don't care about THEM. I care about US. I enjoy information and analysis. You just enjoy anal.

www.MKsavedAGS.com

If she's hot and that's what she wants me to do to her, well then:http://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20161124/8c202ac4acf5d94683a93404335301d6.jpg

milleniumkat
November 23rd, 2016, 09:47 PM
If she's hot and that's what she wants me to do to her, well then:http://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20161124/8c202ac4acf5d94683a93404335301d6.jpg

Yaaaaaassssss!!!

www.MKsavedAGS.com

milleniumkat
November 23rd, 2016, 09:59 PM
On the eve of thanksgiving I'm reminded of how thankful I am of how fortunate we all are to get to sit around and bicker about FCS football.

I'm issuing a one day hate-truce. We shall observe this as we all celebrate our ability to butcher poultry.

www.MKsavedAGS.com

ElCid
November 23rd, 2016, 10:07 PM

You all did wallop them in stats except the one that counts, the score. Like many teams, Samford kind of relaxed once the game was well in hand. Only problem was that Cent Ark came back and it took Samford too long to dig back in. If you had had 5 more minutes you might have staged the come back of the year. They had the same problem with us, they couldn't finish. They were up by 10 with 6 minutes to go and we found a way to come back and take it to OT. Samford has done that too many times this year, but it only bit them a couple times. Its not that they give up necessarily, it is that they think they got it in hand when they really don't. I think they started the ETSU game that way and it finally bit them real bad.

Not necessarily. Games break down differently. Samford seems to be a common tie. you played them, they played Wofford, Chatty and Citadel. You guys whopped them on the stat sheet more than any of those three teams. Trying to gauge your "eyes on target" to get a feel for the Socon Leaders.

Hard to compare Conf games with OOC. The only game they really were not in was the UTC game. Their D is not real good due to some injuries and getting worn down each game. Their average TOP is really bad (24:43) since their scoring drives are usually only 1-3 minutes. They have like 25 or 26 scoring drives under 2 minutes this year.

milleniumkat
November 23rd, 2016, 10:10 PM
You all did wallop them in stats except the one that counts, the score. Like many teams, Samford kind of relaxed once the game was well in hand. Only problem was that Cent Ark came back and it took Samford too long to dig back in. If you had had 5 more minutes you might have staged the come back of the year. They had the same problem with us, they couldn't finish. They were up by 10 with 6 minutes to go and we found a way to come back and take it to OT. Samford has done that too many times this year, but it only bit them a couple times. Its not that they give up necessarily, it is that they think they got it in hand when they really don't. I think they started the ETSU game that way and it finally bit them real bad.

Hard to compare Conf games with OOC. The only game they really were not in was the UTC game. Their D is not real good due to some injuries and getting worn down each game. Their average TOP is really bad (24:43) since their scoring drives are usually only 1-3 minutes. They have like 25 or 26 scoring drives under 2 minutes this year.

Sounds very familiar

www.MKsavedAGS.com

REALBird
November 24th, 2016, 03:38 PM

www.MKsavedAGS.com

Or you can look at ISUr vs. South Dakota State or Illinois State vs. Northwestern as probably our two best DEF games.

Bisonoline
November 24th, 2016, 03:38 PM
Well you do have to admire their creative interpretation of the issue. :P

More research would have shown you that they were hired to collect signatures. The problem is in the state of ND that is illegal. So in effect any signatures collected would have been void any way. The states AG said it wasnt that big a deal. But the press got wind of it so the school was compelled to do something. Sam fell on the sword for the rest and was suspended for one game I think.
So no. There was no election rigging.
Say what you mean and mean what you say. That way there is no room for interpretation.:D

fmrbearkat
November 24th, 2016, 04:31 PM
More research would have shown you that they were hired to collect signatures. The problem is in the state of ND that is illegal. So in effect any signatures collected would have been void any way. The states AG said it wasnt that big a deal. But the press got wind of it so the school was compelled to do something. Sam fell on the sword for the rest and was suspended for one game I think.
So no. There was no election rigging.
Say what you mean and mean what you say. That way there is no room for interpretation.:D

I mean of course it's no big deal. The world knows the Bison players are perfect in every way. I heard Comey was the lead investigator....

Thumper 76
November 24th, 2016, 04:38 PM
Or you can look at ISUr vs. South Dakota State or Illinois State vs. Northwestern as probably our two best DEF games.

Dunno if I'd count a game where you give up 31 first downs, 500+ yards, and the refs take two TDs off the board as an example of a good defensive performance.

BEAR
November 24th, 2016, 04:50 PM
Don't expect a big crowd.

Athletics has failed to advertise in any way.

No shock. Bear fans have gotten used to the lack of pride our administration has in our student athlete's efforts.

BEAR
November 24th, 2016, 05:01 PM
Well here is something put on Youtube yesterday. xcoffeex

https://youtu.be/SWooWadDM7I

YoUDeeMan
November 25th, 2016, 11:22 AM
Has anyone mentioned SHSU on this thread yet? xeyebrowx

Just curious. SHSU is all the rage up north.

kalm
November 25th, 2016, 01:50 PM

You mean USD?

(University of Slower Delaware)

BEAR
November 25th, 2016, 02:11 PM
From a fan on our board:

Last 3 games:
Penalty yardage - 358
Fumbles lost - 7

Season:
Penalty yardage - 877
Fumbles lost - 13

Last 3 games:
41% of season total penalty yardage
54% of season total lost fumbles

JSUSoutherner
November 25th, 2016, 02:12 PM
From a fan on our board:

Last 3 games:
Penalty yardage - 358
Fumbles lost - 7

Season:
Penalty yardage - 877
Fumbles lost - 13

Last 3 games:
Jesus, and I thought we were racking up a lot of penalties.

BEAR
November 25th, 2016, 02:29 PM
Jesus, and I thought we were racking up a lot of penalties.

Thats what I've been saying recently. Something aint right.

milleniumkat
November 25th, 2016, 05:31 PM

And in the mid west. they just can't get enough.

Shame really. this thread should be UCA's time to shine.

Eat Em Bears!!

www.MKsavedAGS.com

Redbird 4th & short
November 25th, 2016, 08:39 PM
Dunno if I'd count a game where you give up 31 first downs, 500+ yards, and the refs take two TDs off the board as an example of a good defensive performance.

You pick your stats, I'll pick mine.

SDSU had just beaten NDSU And YSU in the preceding 2 weeks. Your QB came into that game completing 69% of his passes, just 3 picks, and something like a 170% QBR. Your RB was averaging close to 6 ypc. In your 5 games prior to beating NDSU and YSU, you guys average 45 points per game. In the 3 games after we played, you averaged 41 points per game.

So how did we do ?

We held your vaunted offense to just 21 points, well below its average and comparable to the 19 and 24 your offense scored in wins over NDSU and YSU.

Your QB was 33 of 63 (52%) for 430, 2 TDs, 3 Picks for a 65% QBR ... over 100 points below his QBR to that point .. including low scoring wins over NDSU And YSU. Also held your dual threat QB to 13 carries for 26 yards, inching 3 sacks.

Your RB got just 11 carries for 35 yards for 3.2 ypc .. nearly half his average per carry for season.

Oh, and we won 38-21. We knew you guys had very explosive offense, so we played our defense accordingly .. bend don't break, and it worked well for us that day.

I'd say that was a good day for our defense.

fmrbearkat
November 25th, 2016, 09:44 PM
From a fan on our board:

Last 3 games:
Penalty yardage - 358
Fumbles lost - 7

Season:
Penalty yardage - 877
Fumbles lost - 13

Last 3 games:

And what's worse is there were a ton of stupid penalties (late hits/unsportsmanlike) penalties that weren't called. Hell that one cat pushed the ref and that they didn't call. I'll leave all football penalties (holding/PI/ect) out of it and I'd bet i could find 7/8 more that should have been called. I'm not saying it was a poorly officiated game but they definately let ALOT extra curricular stuff go that was over the line.

UCA plays clean and they win by 10. Lose penalties AND turnovers and they will lose by 21.

JSUSoutherner
November 25th, 2016, 09:46 PM
You pick your stats, I'll pick mine.

SDSU had just beaten NDSU And YSU in the preceding 2 weeks. Your QB came into that game completing 69% of his passes, just 3 picks, and something like a 170% QBR. Your RB was averaging close to 6 ypc. In your 5 games prior to beating NDSU and YSU, you guys average 45 points per game. In the 3 games after we played, you averaged 41 points per game.

So how did we do ?

We held your vaunted offense to just 21 points, well below its average and comparable to the 19 and 24 your offense scored in wins over NDSU and YSU.

Your QB was 33 of 63 (52%) for 430, 2 TDs, 3 Picks for a 65% QBR ... over 100 points below his QBR to that point .. including low scoring wins over NDSU And YSU. Also held your dual threat QB to 13 carries for 26 yards, inching 3 sacks.

Your RB got just 11 carries for 35 yards for 3.2 ypc .. nearly half his average per carry for season.

Oh, and we won 38-21. We knew you guys had very explosive offense, so we played our defense accordingly .. bend don't break, and it worked well for us that day.

I'd say that was a good day for our defense.

You call giving up 430 passing yards a good day on defense? Jesus you have low standards.

That's called getting torched.

I can cherry pick stats from our game with LSU that make us look good but it doesn't change the fact we got our butts kicked

BEAR
November 25th, 2016, 09:51 PM
And what's worse is there were a ton of stupid penalties (late hits/unsportsmanlike) penalties that weren't called. Hell that one cat pushed the ref and that they didn't call. I'll leave all football penalties (holding/PI/ect) out of it and I'd bet i could find 7/8 more that should have been called. I'm not saying it was a poorly officiated game but they definately let ALOT extra curricular stuff go that was over the line.

UCA plays clean and they win by 10. Lose penalties AND turnovers and they will lose by 21.

I'm telling you there is inner turmoil on the team. Which is sad because when they played with chemistry we play like we did against McNeese.

I like the Eat 'em Bears...

cx500d
November 25th, 2016, 09:53 PM
Yes we will see where the southland Conf stacks up with this game: a 6-5 mvfc team vs a 9-2 southland team....

My money is on the Redbirds.

BEAR
November 25th, 2016, 10:03 PM
Yes we will see where the southland Conf stacks up with this game: a 6-5 mvfc team vs a 9-2 southland team....

My money is on the Redbirds.

There's a secret about The Stripes most teams that play on it for the first time learn. No, its not the alternating colors. You'll see Bird fans. xlolx

lionsrking2
November 25th, 2016, 11:10 PM
There's a secret about The Stripes most teams that play on it for the first time learn. No, its not the alternating colors. You'll see Bird fans. xlolx

The Redbirds will find out that playing on the stripes is akin to playing on a sheet of ice without skates. For their sake, hope they brought the right shoes.

Redbird 4th & short
November 26th, 2016, 01:24 PM
You call giving up 430 passing yards a good day on defense? Jesus you have low standards.

That's called getting torched.

I can cherry pick stats from our game with LSU that make us look good but it doesn't change the fact we got our butts kicked
Your confused. I cherry picked stats ? No, I cited all the relevant offensive stats, including the 430 pass yards ... all thumper and you cited were the 430 pass yards. You cherry picked, not me. And about those 430 yards, I know its a lot .. but it took them 63 passes to obtain those 430 yards .. which ultimately cost them 3 picks, because our offense executed and they couldn't run on us. Our game plan worked .. their QB had a bad day. All plays count, including the 30 incomplete passes, 3 picks, 3 sacks, and stuffing their run game.

And we won 38-21, playing the bend don't break pass defense.

Redbird 4th & short
November 26th, 2016, 01:29 PM
The Redbirds will find out that playing on the stripes is akin to playing on a sheet of ice without skates. For their sake, hope they brought the right shoes.
so the stupid stripes are painted and slippery as a result ? Just great for sports. How stupid can a gimmick like painted fields get before NCAA outlaws this nonsense.

Thumper 76
November 26th, 2016, 01:41 PM
Your confused. I cherry picked stats ? No, I cited all the relevant offensive stats, including the 430 pass yards ... all thumper and you cited were the 430 pass yards. You cherry picked, not me. And about those 430 yards, I know its a lot .. but it took them 63 passes to obtain those 430 yards .. which ultimately cost them 3 picks, because our offense executed and they couldn't run on us. Our game plan worked .. their QB had a bad day. All plays count, including the 30 incomplete passes, 3 picks, 3 sacks, and stuffing their run game.

And we won 38-21, playing the bend don't break pass defense.

Helps when the stripes give your defense a two td break as well, as admitted by the MVFC.

BEAR
November 26th, 2016, 01:46 PM
so the stupid stripes are painted and slippery as a result ? Just great for sports. How stupid can a gimmick like painted fields get before NCAA outlaws this nonsense.

Someone needs his medication. :D

About 100 or so bird fans here. Better than most SLC schools.

BearKatProud
November 26th, 2016, 01:48 PM
Dropping by to wish good luck to the Bears! SLC Proud!

PantherRob82
November 26th, 2016, 01:51 PM
Someone needs his medication. :D

About 100 or so bird fans here. Better than most SLC schools.

He definitely needs meds. I don't think that's been disputed. xlolx

centennial
November 26th, 2016, 02:07 PM
Ugly field. My eyes!

Bison56
November 26th, 2016, 02:08 PM
Is that field supposed to attract people or scare them away?

centennial
November 26th, 2016, 02:08 PM
3 and out UCA

JSUSoutherner
November 26th, 2016, 02:09 PM
UCAs QB is one scrawny dude

centennial
November 26th, 2016, 02:12 PM
ISUr moving it well.

JSUSoutherner
November 26th, 2016, 02:13 PM
I thought UCA was supposed to have a rush defense?

Bison56
November 26th, 2016, 02:14 PM
ISUr offensive line dominant early.

BEAR
November 26th, 2016, 02:14 PM
Defense that was at SHSU showed up again today I see.

REALBird
November 26th, 2016, 02:15 PM
TD ISU.....

Birds 7
UCA 0

Moving it on the ground vs #1 Rushing DEF. Good sign

centennial
ISUr 7
UCA 0

Rollbird5
Touchdown Redbirds!

REALBird
November 26th, 2016, 02:18 PM
Pick ISU.

centennial
November 26th, 2016, 02:19 PM
I thought UCA was supposed to have a rush defense?
To be fair, ISUr has a big line and is more physical than most Southland teams.

Also INT.

REALBird
November 26th, 2016, 02:20 PM
Ground game looking good so far.

REALBird
November 26th, 2016, 02:25 PM
FG Illinois State

ISU 10
UCA 0
6 min and change in the 1Q

BEAR
November 26th, 2016, 02:28 PM
Freakin refs

milleniumkat
November 26th, 2016, 02:31 PM
UCA appeared to be fading down the stretch, and now they look like the wheels have fallen off.

www.MKsavedAGS.com

centennial
November 26th, 2016, 02:36 PM
UCA not representing the Southland well. ISUr is a dangerous team if they are having a good day. (South Dakota State, Northwestern, Western Illinois).

centennial
November 26th, 2016, 02:40 PM
UCA gets a break, and tries a stupid play.

BEAR
November 26th, 2016, 02:43 PM
Defense woke up. Offense sucks

POD Knows
November 26th, 2016, 02:59 PM
New game.

REALBird
November 26th, 2016, 03:05 PM
TD Warrum

Birds 17
Bears 7

BEAR
November 26th, 2016, 03:17 PM
Wake up offense

Rollbird5
November 26th, 2016, 03:24 PM
Wake up offense

I'm fine with it if they don't want to wake up :)

REALBird
November 26th, 2016, 03:29 PM
I'm fine with it if they don't want to wake up :)
Second

BEAR
November 26th, 2016, 03:36 PM
If either of our teams go to EW they are going to get slaughtered. UCA especially.

Twentysix
November 26th, 2016, 03:39 PM
If either of our teams go to EW they are going to get slaughtered. UCA especially.

UND can probably beat EWU. I'm not very confident in either ISUr or UCA though.

Rollbird5
November 26th, 2016, 03:40 PM

If we can pull out this game I will probably talk myself into thinking we will beat EWU but I'm very biased towards the Birds lol

JSUSoutherner
November 26th, 2016, 03:42 PM
I hope you're right. I sure as hell don't want to go to Washington.

BisonBacker
November 26th, 2016, 03:43 PM

http://www.reactiongifs.com/r/jlaw-whtvr.gif

Twentysix
November 26th, 2016, 03:48 PM
I hope you're right. I sure as hell don't want to go to Washington.

I've got UND vs The Citadel in the game where you'd meet them anyway ;).

Rollbird5
November 26th, 2016, 03:51 PM
Wow how was that not a catch by Schnell???

JSUSoutherner
November 26th, 2016, 03:52 PM
I've got UND vs The Citadel in the game where you'd meet them anyway ;).
We will discuss that if Citadel makes it out of their bracket. But I'll go ahead and tell you there's no way we lose to an option team. xnodx

JSUSoutherner
November 26th, 2016, 03:57 PM
Why would you tightrope all the way down the sideline after you have the defender beat? That was stupid. Should have been a TD.

BEAR
November 26th, 2016, 04:09 PM
If we don't score on this drive....we have nothing to offer...

centennial
November 26th, 2016, 04:10 PM
Both teams trying to lose the game. UCA why would you go for it on 4th down, plenty of time left in the game. Take the points make it a one possession game.

BEAR
November 26th, 2016, 04:12 PM
Yep. Nothing

REALBird
November 26th, 2016, 04:13 PM
That was a fumble. Two bad calls against Illinois State today

centennial
November 26th, 2016, 04:14 PM
That was really bad call.. UCA lucky here.

Kemo
November 26th, 2016, 04:15 PM
That was a fumble. Two bad calls against Illinois State today

That was definitely a fumble. I hate when the official furthest away from the play comes in to make a ruling he has no business making.

centennial
November 26th, 2016, 04:20 PM
UCA has also been holding all day long. Haven't even seen one called. Anyway as long as they are not calling it then it's not terrible.

caribbeanhen
November 26th, 2016, 04:21 PM
this game has turned into Pig chow..... pure slop

Nickels
November 26th, 2016, 04:27 PM
LOL. Nice! Go Bears!

F'N Hawks
Uh oh

Rollbird5
Playing way too conservative and now a blocked punt for TD wow

Nickels
November 26th, 2016, 04:28 PM
UCA has also been holding all day long. Haven't even seen one called. Anyway as long as they are not calling it then it's not terrible.
They did it nearly every play last week, especially on PJ.

caribbeanhen
Oh yea.... we got ourselves a ball game now... blocked punt for a TD.... Feeding time on the hog farm

Schism55
Textbook reason why rugby punting is ****ing dumb.

Drblankstare
Game changing block punt for a TD. I'll St still up though

BEAR
November 26th, 2016, 04:29 PM
Ugly. Just ugly

centennial
November 26th, 2016, 04:30 PM
UCA living on special teams. Illinois State trying to lose this game.

caribbeanhen
November 26th, 2016, 04:31 PM
Ugly. Just ugly

Sooie Sooie

centennial
November 26th, 2016, 04:34 PM
They did it nearly every play last week, especially on PJ.
It's pretty blatant too.

NDSUtk
November 26th, 2016, 04:43 PM
How the hell are you not ready for the onside after the 15 yard penalty?! that's the perfect place to kick it. C'mon ISUr...

Redbirdgrad
November 26th, 2016, 04:43 PM
To the Central Arkansas fan who was worried about the officiating at the beginning of this thread... this has been one of the most one-sided blatantly homered officiating games I've ever seen.

A clear catch that went to review was "upheld" as a non-completion, costing ISU points.
Holding by the offensive line on nearly every other play (if not more than 50%)... yet the zebras look the other way.

If ISU loses this game, it'll be because the play-calling has been terrible in the 2nd half and they've been way too conservative...

BUT GOOD LORD IS THIS THE BEST WE CAN DO AT THIS LEVEL? Unreal.

BisonFan02
November 26th, 2016, 04:44 PM
Way to piss this game away ISUr. Might as well just go get on the ****ing bus. xlolx

caribbeanhen
November 26th, 2016, 04:49 PM
Illini catches a break as that had 6 written all over it but it bounced off the Central Arky receivers hadns

24-17 far from over...

NDSUtk
November 26th, 2016, 04:54 PM
Huge passing TD for ISU - 55 yards. Tie ball game at 24 with 6:22 to go.

BEAR
Birds hold on that TD. Figures.

caribbeanhen
easy...way too easy

Redbirdgrad
November 26th, 2016, 04:55 PM
Birds hold on that TD. Figures.

YOU CANT BE SERIOUS HERE.

Schism55
November 26th, 2016, 04:56 PM
Ill st special teams trying to lose the game xsmhx

centennial
November 26th, 2016, 04:57 PM
To the Central Arkansas fan who was worried about the officiating at the beginning of this thread... this has been one of the most one-sided blatantly homered officiating games I've ever seen.

A clear catch that went to review was "upheld" as a non-completion, costing ISU points.
Holding by the offensive line on nearly every other play (if not more than 50%)... yet the zebras look the other way.

If ISU loses this game, it'll be because the play-calling has been terrible in the 2nd half and they've been way too conservative...

I am sorry. I don't have any dog in this game. Officiating has been terribly one sided. UCA has been getting a lot of breaks. Along with so so much holding. Pretty much on every snap.

JSUSoutherner
November 26th, 2016, 05:01 PM
I am sorry. I don't have any dog in this game. Officiating has been terribly one sided. UCA has been getting a lot of breaks. Along with so so much holding. Pretty much on every snap.
$20 says they are OVC refs.

dwtime
November 26th, 2016, 05:04 PM
This is a great game, at least we have had a couple so far today.

mmiller_34
November 26th, 2016, 05:05 PM
Should have been unsportsmanlike penalty on UCA's safety with that hit on the defenseless receiver.

ISU(r) needs a 3 & out here. Can't give up any yards.

*** Update

That was quick. UCA TD.

BisonFan02
November 26th, 2016, 05:06 PM
Should have been unsportsmanlike penalty on UCA's safety with that hit on the defenseless receiver.

I wouldn't hold your breath there.....would have been a pretty tick tack call.

dwtime
November 26th, 2016, 05:06 PM
If he hit him up high I would agree with you, but he didn't so I don't agree.

dwtime
November 26th, 2016, 05:08 PM
Let's see if Illinois St. can answer, they have time.

caribbeanhen
November 26th, 2016, 05:09 PM
lots of time left here..... wild finish coming up Central up 31-24 with 1.5 minutes left

centennial
November 26th, 2016, 05:09 PM
$20 says they are OVC refs.
Big Sky I think.

mmiller_34
November 26th, 2016, 05:13 PM
Nice win UCA!

McNeese75
November 26th, 2016, 05:16 PM
congrats to the Bears. Good win!!

BearKatProud
November 26th, 2016, 05:16 PM
Congrats UCA! Way to not give in and great rep for the Southland!

centennial
November 26th, 2016, 05:17 PM
My thoughts about this game-
UCA could not run, nothing with the blitz packages. Sitting way too much in base defense.

Refs helped out.

Illinois State failed to kill the game. Let UCA sit around too much.

Give that punter the POY award. Single handedly kept UCA in the game.

Schism55
November 26th, 2016, 05:17 PM
1. As has been said, the officiating was terribly one sided.
2. Ill St special teams were beyond terrible. Maybe Borck should have spent more time coaching them up then applying for the Purdue job.
3. UCA punter with a fantastic game.
4. UCA made the big plays when it counted, congrats Bears!

BEAR
November 26th, 2016, 05:18 PM
YOU CANT BE SERIOUS HERE.

I'm on the sideline. Yeah.

Rollbird5
Should've won that game easily. Hurt ourselves and the refs screwed us on two possessions. UCA made plays in the 4th when they had to tho. Congrats and good luck @EWU

F'N Hawks
My thoughts about this game-
UCA could not run, nothing with the blitz packages. Sitting way too much in base defense.

Refs helped out.

Illinois State failed to kill the game. Let UCA sit around too much.

Give that punter the POY award. Single handedly kept UCA in the game.

Refs helped UCA only. Did ISU ever end up getting any penalties called on them?

BisonFan02
November 26th, 2016, 05:19 PM

ISUr should never have let them hang around. 100% on the Redbirds for not finishing.

milleniumkat
November 26th, 2016, 05:21 PM
ISUr should never have let them hang around. 100% on the Redbirds for not finishing.

100% Ups to Bears for making the adjustments and righting the ship.

www.MKsavedAGS.com

Sammy94
November 26th, 2016, 05:22 PM
Good job Bears. Southland Strong now go beat those Eagles.

milleniumkat
November 26th, 2016, 05:22 PM
Congrats Bears! My second favorite SLC team.

www.MKsavedAGS.com

McNeese75
November 26th, 2016, 05:23 PM

Big Sky officiating crew. They DO NOT call holding in the BSC.

NDSUtk
November 26th, 2016, 05:23 PM
ISU: 2 penalties for 18 yards
UCA: 5 penalties for 30 yards

caribbeanhen
November 26th, 2016, 05:24 PM
Congrats to the Bears of Central Arkansas...

JSUSoutherner
November 26th, 2016, 05:24 PM
Big Sky I think.
You sure? Blatantly one-sided and don't know what holding is? Sounds a whole lot like an OVC crew.

Bison56
November 26th, 2016, 05:25 PM
Redbirds should have put the game away early and couldnt, hats off to the Bears.

JSUSoutherner
November 26th, 2016, 05:25 PM
Big Sky officiating crew. They DO NOT call holding in the BSC.
Where can you see who's officiating?

Nickels
November 26th, 2016, 05:27 PM
Where can you see who's officiating?

It's usually on the big box score on team websites.

centennial
November 26th, 2016, 05:29 PM

Yes 2 at the end. If the refs weren't calling holding ISUr should've taken advantage. Not saying ISUr didn't hold, I saw it from them a few times too. UCA was able to hold on almost every offensive snap. It is what it is. Teams have to play within what the refs are calling. They also had a couple of other really questionable calls.

McNeese75
November 26th, 2016, 05:30 PM
You sure? Blatantly one-sided and don't know what holding is? Sounds a whole lot like an OVC crew.

The announcers

JSUSoutherner
November 26th, 2016, 05:31 PM
It's usually on the big box score on team websites.
Gotcha.

lionsrking2
November 26th, 2016, 05:34 PM
Yes 2 at the end. If the refs weren't calling holding ISUr should've taken advantage. Not saying ISUr didn't hold, I saw it from them a few times too. UCA was able to hold on almost every offensive snap. It is what it is. Teams have to play within what the refs are calling. They also had a couple of other really questionable calls.
There was a lot of holding both ways that wasn't called, which is the way it should be in playoff football. Keep flags in pocket and let them play. The best team won.

Katfan
November 26th, 2016, 05:43 PM
Congrats Bears!

centennial
November 26th, 2016, 05:43 PM
There was a lot of holding both ways that wasn't called, which is the way it should be in playoff football. Keep flags in pocket and let them play. The best team won.

ISU did not get any pressure on the UCA QB, that is what lost them the game. ISU was also really conservative on the play calling, UCA took a lot of chances. I already said teams have to adapt to the ref play calling. If these teams play again I don't really see a favorite.

Scooter
November 26th, 2016, 05:45 PM
Congrats to Central Arkansas.
We saw today why Illinois St was 6-5. They looked down after the blocked punt and defeated after they lost the ball right away after that.

Redbirdgrad
November 26th, 2016, 05:50 PM

lol wut???

There wasn't "a lot of holding both ways that wasn't called". Nearly everyone outside of that state recognizes that CA needed to hold in order for their offense to function today. I just read another comment above that said ISU's downfall was their lack of pressure... well I wonder why that was? Could it have been the holding from CA? No way, right? Had to be a lack of pressure....

ISU didn't need to hold for their offense to function.
CA's offense needed to. And they did. And they weren't called for it.

I hate this "keep the flags in your pocket, it's playoff football" mentality. No, you need to call the game the exact same way you would if it was Week 5 or 6 because that's what the teams are used to and conditioned to. To let everything go the way this crew did, bails out the weaker team because they can get away with more.

Did you see the first two series of the game where ISU's defensive line was dominating the CA offensive line? Once CA realized that they started holding like crazy. And it worked. Kudos to them for that. But the officiating crew had a direct impact on this game, there's no denying that. How else do you explain the challenge that should have been overturned CLEARLY but wasn't? Direct impact.

Congrats to CA and good luck going forward, but you're not going to get home cooking like this from now on. Just brutal.

BEAR
November 26th, 2016, 05:58 PM
Alright. Just back from the game.

Congrats to the Red Birds. They are a tough team and deserved to be in the playoffs.

Officiating sucked. Fans see it more against their team everytime. I was sure they were Southland officials until I realized we didnt have 100+ yards of penalties called against us. I still don't understand what happened on that UCA pick 6. But I guess something was there.

Our offense played to form as usual. The entire season we have started slow. But on the sideline the seniors were coaching the team to do better. If we had lost this game when it was 17-7 I honestly wouldn't have been surprised.

Our defense was out there a LONG time. But the Birds had hands on hips late in the fourth and our QB made easy passes because of it.

Overall it was who didnt suck worse in the end. Birds gave that game away. They were better on run defense. We refused to pass it FORWARD until the fourth quarter for some stupid reason. But we took what they gave us.

The onside was HUGE. Hope that kid is ok.

I havent followed EWU but our radio guy says they are Sammy on steroids so our season will probably end next week.

Great game Red Birds. Be proud of a really good season coming from a tough conference.

mmiller_34
November 26th, 2016, 06:01 PM

But the officiating crew had a direct impact on this game, there's no denying that.

Hey. It was a tough loss for you guys today. But, just a couple things I saw:

1. UCA's D-Line dominated the redbird offensive line that second half. Kolbe was getting smacked, especially those last couple of drives.
2. Officiating having a direct impact on the outcome of the game is nothing new; perhaps you remember that SDSU had two TD's called back during our game against you? The MVFC confirmed later that week that those calls were missed. -- My point is, **** happens and it is what it is.

Illinois State will be back next year and will be good. No doubt about it.

Redbirdgrad
November 26th, 2016, 06:05 PM
1. Correct, because we didn't hold. He was getting smacked.
2. Completely used to it. Been there done that. Just saying that it happened again... followed with my question of "is this the best we can do" with this crew.

It was absolutely brutal and one sided. Saying anything different is just wrong.

BisonTru
November 26th, 2016, 06:07 PM
The officials were fine.

This loss is on the Redbirds. They were dominating the trenches. They needed to step on their throats with the lead and failed.

UCA hung around and made the plays at the end.

mmiller_34
November 26th, 2016, 06:08 PM
1. Correct, because we didn't hold. He was getting smacked.

So I would say that your offense couldn't function without holding.

BisonFan02
November 26th, 2016, 06:09 PM
The officials were fine.

This loss is on the Redbirds. They were dominating the trenches. They needed to step on their throats with the lead and failed.

This.....not complicated.

BEAR
November 26th, 2016, 06:10 PM
The officials were fine.

Well said.

lionsrking2
November 26th, 2016, 06:14 PM
lol wut???

There wasn't "a lot of holding both ways that wasn't called". Nearly everyone outside of that state recognizes that CA needed to hold in order for their offense to function today. I just read another comment above that said ISU's downfall was their lack of pressure... well I wonder why that was? Could it have been the holding from CA? No way, right? Had to be a lack of pressure....

CA's offense needed to. And they did. And they weren't called for it.

I hate this "keep the flags in your pocket, it's playoff football" mentality. No, you need to call the game the exact same way you would if it was Week 5 or 6 because that's what the teams are used to and conditioned to. To let everything go the way this crew did, bails out the weaker team because they can get away with more.

Did you see the first two series of the game where ISU's defensive line was dominating the CA offensive line? Once CA realized that they started holding like crazy. And it worked. Kudos to them for that. But the officiating crew had a direct impact on this game, there's no denying that. How else do you explain the challenge that should have been overturned CLEARLY but wasn't? Direct impact.

Congrats to CA and good luck going forward, but you're not going to get home cooking like this from now on. Just brutal.

Take off your "rose" colored glasses. It was a good game and officials did nice job of letting both teams play. UCA made more plays and won the game. Pretty simple stuff.

McNeese72
November 26th, 2016, 06:32 PM
The officials were fine.

As I said several weeks ago, UCA tends to wear people down as the game goes on. You need to jump on them quick and/or hope they turn he ball over a lot and get a big lead on them early.

Doc

kalm
November 26th, 2016, 06:38 PM
This game played out perfectly for ISU...except special teams. That's where it was won.

Matt
November 26th, 2016, 07:02 PM
If--HUGE if--both the spiders and UCA win next week, where is the quarterfinal game? Bidding war?

Note: i did not read this thread

BEAR
November 26th, 2016, 07:11 PM
If--HUGE if--both the spiders and UCA win next week, where is the quarterfinal game? Bidding war?

Note: i did not read this thread

From what I've read UCA put in a massive bid if it does happen. Some happy donors with deeeeeep pockets.

Matt
November 26th, 2016, 07:16 PM
From what I've read UCA put in a massive bid if it does happen. Some happy donors with deeeeeep pockets.

This could be interesting. We are in a similar boat. There's one guy in particular that jut gave like 60-70mil for a building with his name on it that LOVES the football team.
Let's say it's in Richmond.. How do yall travel? We travel fairly poorly.

REALBird
November 26th, 2016, 07:24 PM
Missed calls but they were consistent missed calls. ISU got too conservative on OFF. Played with the lead until they didn't have the lead, and let mo swing UCA's way.

Great come from behind W Bear fans. Special teams was the difference, and we didn't play well enough for the entire 60 minutes.