View Full Version : Samford vs YSU

ysubigred
November 21st, 2016, 08:15 AM
A little history here from the glory days of the playoff's for YSU and Samford xthumbsupx One of the coldest games I ever watched at the ICE CASTLE xnodx

Something has to give Samford strong passing attack YSU suspect in pass coverage. YSU strong on the ground Samford's weakness.

Should be a great gamexthumbsupx

ElCid
November 21st, 2016, 08:28 AM
A little history here from the glory days of the playoff's for YSU and Samford xthumbsupx One of the coldest games I ever watched at the ICE CASTLE xnodx

Something has to give Samford strong passing attack YSU suspect in pass coverage. YSU strong on the ground Samford's weakness.

Samford has been pathetic at the run. They got it going a bit in a couple games including against us when Hodges took off with his feet (something he hasn't done much), but it was still under 100 yards in the game, total. They have run ok against weak run defenses but any kind of good D and they have issues. Passing on the other hand. They throw so many quick flat passes, that they are really just glorified running plays. Expect him to complete 40-50 against you. He doesn't throw interceptions very much. He has multiple good targets to choose from. He gets it off so fast sometimes that you will have issues getting sacks. And he always has the deep ball. It will be a good game. I would not let their loss this past week give you a false sense of security. Everyone has an off game. Unfortunately for them, they just had theirs when ETSU had a great game....AGS.

ysubigred
November 21st, 2016, 08:55 AM
Samford has been pathetic at the run. They got it going a bit in a couple games including against us when Hodges took off with his feet (something he hasn't done much), but it was still under 100 yards in the game, total. They have run ok against weak run defenses but any kind of good D and they have issues. Passing on the other hand. They throw so many quick flat passes, that they are really just glorified running plays. Expect him to complete 40-50 against you. He doesn't throw interceptions very much. He has multiple good targets to choose from. He gets it off so fast sometimes that you will have issues getting sacks. And he always has the deep ball. It will be a good game. I would not let their loss this past week give you a false sense of security. Everyone has an off game. Unfortunately for them, they just had theirs when ETSU had a great game....AGS.

Thanks!! One of YSU small problems on "D" is the quick short passes xsalutex

ysubigred
November 21st, 2016, 08:57 AM
Thanks!! One of YSU small problems on "D" is the quick short passes xsalutex

Mod's please correct the title. I did not intentionally leave off the d on Samford (typo) xthumbsupx

FUBeAR
November 21st, 2016, 08:58 AM

Stop trying to mislead the good people of Youngstown, El Cid. Samford runs the old-school 2 TE's Wishbone. They (almost) NEVER pass the ball. If they do pass, you will want to send 7 or 8 because their QB holds onto the ball forever. BLITZ, BLITZ, BLITZ & just play press man coverage on their slow un-athletic WR's.

That's how the Penguins can get it done!

Mocs123
November 21st, 2016, 09:00 AM
Samford does a lot of quick short passes and have excellent wideouts that make plays after the catch.

Interesting you say the YSU secondary is suspect, as statistically you were the best in the MVFC. Of course I realize there is much more to the games than statistics.

ElCid
November 21st, 2016, 09:05 AM
Samford does a lot of quick short passes and have excellent wideouts that make plays after the catch.

Interesting you say the YSU secondary is suspect, as statistically you were the best in the MVFC. Of course I realize there is much more to the games than statistics.

Yeah, I noticed that as well. It only takes one or two times getting burned though.

walliver
November 21st, 2016, 09:12 AM
Samford throws a lot of passes which approximate an option pitch. They are one of the few teams that can complete three forward passes and not get a first down.

Miss one tackle against those passes and they have a long gain.

Professor Chaos
November 21st, 2016, 09:14 AM
YBR would know better than me but I thought YSU's defense is solid in all phases. Their front is especially good though and their DEs are monsters so Samford's QB will need to get rid of the ball quickly if they can't run the ball because he'll be on his back if he doesn't.

ysubigred
November 21st, 2016, 09:15 AM

YSU's weakness (not a huge weakness) is the pass, especially over the middle. Look at the stats from the Mo State game. Mo States QB is pretty good and has some good receivers.

kdinva
November 21st, 2016, 09:27 AM
Samford throws a lot of passes which approximate an option pitch......Miss one tackle against those passes and they have a long gain.

you can say that again......xbangx

ytownchief22
November 21st, 2016, 12:15 PM
YSU has a good secondary. They just play a lot of man coverage and get burned sometimes (As everyone does). Some delusional Penguin fans think Bo's defense should shut every opponent out and hold them to 50 yards passing. That's not how football is played now a days, especially in the college game with these offenses. Looking forward to the matchup!

FargoBison
November 21st, 2016, 01:27 PM

Not sure I would call their secondary suspect but their DL is very legit.

If anything at YSU is suspect it is their QB situation.

ysubigred
November 21st, 2016, 01:42 PM
Not sure I would call their secondary suspect but their DL is very legit.

No say it ain't so xconfusedx :D

The secondary is NOT suspect but it is an area that has been picked on. I'll take YSU's "D" all day every day.

Penguin Nation
November 21st, 2016, 01:54 PM

No wait, he's the second coming of Ron Jaworski. He threw for a blistering 157 yards against MSU. NFL scouts are blowing up his phone. xlolx

ysubigred
November 21st, 2016, 01:56 PM
No wait, he's the second coming of Ron Jaworski. He threw for a blistering 157 yards against MSU. NFL scouts are blowing up his phone. xlolx

xconfusedx Believe it or not I heard one of the ESPN 3 (MO State guys) say something to that effect. xdizzyx

Penguin Nation
November 21st, 2016, 02:06 PM
xconfusedx Believe it or not I heard one of the ESPN 3 (MO State guys) say something to that effect. xdizzyx

They gotta start drug testing these announcers. The best was when the TV color analyst said RMU and YSU was a great rivalry. :D

SU DOG
November 21st, 2016, 02:59 PM

I'm sure you will disagree, but I also saw that game, and I say that in decent weather Samford would have won. This seems to be almost an exact rematch, with the forecast not sounding very promising for our type of game. I would have much more confidence if we had not played like we did the last 2 games. We will either quickly solve that riddle or get embarrassed. BIG challenge for Samford.

ysubigred
November 21st, 2016, 03:02 PM
I'm sure you will disagree, but I also saw that game, and I say that in decent weather Samford would have won. This seems to be almost an exact rematch, with the forecast not sounding very promising for our type of game. I would have much more confidence if we had not played like we did the last 2 games. We will either quickly solve that riddle or get embarrassed. BIG challenge for Samford.

You maybe right we only won 10-0 in 91. I felt sorry for your guy's you all had little to no cold weather gear xsmhx

JSUSoutherner
November 21st, 2016, 03:17 PM
Question cause I haven't seen them play much before but what type of offense and defense does YSU run? Are they a ground and pound team like NDSU? How good is your QB? And how well do you think the YSU defense will be able to handle our backfield with Eli in it now that Eli will have a green light to run at will?

SU DOG
November 21st, 2016, 03:22 PM
Question cause I haven't seen them play much before but what type of offense and defense does YSU run? Are they a ground and pound team like NDSU? How good is your QB? And how well do you think the YSU defense will be able to handle our backfield with Eli in it now that Eli will have a green light to run at will?

WOW! Now here is an example of neighborly confidence. LOL!!

JSUSoutherner
November 21st, 2016, 03:26 PM
WOW! Now here is an example of neighborly confidence. LOL!!
I figured your athletic department would boycott the game if you won since they don't like us.

Plus, I already know what to expect if you guys make it. Ive seen a lot more of Samford than I have of YSU.

I think you guys have a solid chance but we will have to see.

FargoBison
November 21st, 2016, 03:39 PM

Offensively similar to NDSU I guess, ground and pound of course both teams go at it a bit differently. Difference really is at QB, if YSU had a reliable dual threat QB like Stick it would solve a lot of their issues.

Webb and Ruiz are two very solid running backs though.

JSUSoutherner
November 21st, 2016, 03:41 PM
Offensively similar to NDSU I guess, ground and pound. Difference really is at QB, if YSU had a reliable dual threat QB like Stick it would solve a lot of their issues.
Issues being?

Thumper 76
November 21st, 2016, 03:45 PM

Offensively they can't pass to save their souls, but can run fairly decently. Defensively, well, if you struggled to score on OVC teams:

http://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20161121/ca2bec5ee5ef45fe749e99bcb04f28bd.jpg

I would expect a wildly entertaining 10-12 game with it raining three and outs and turnovers.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

JSUSoutherner
November 21st, 2016, 03:47 PM
Offensively they can't pass to save their souls, but can run fairly decently. Defensively, well, if you struggled to score on OVC teams:

http://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20161121/ca2bec5ee5ef45fe749e99bcb04f28bd.jpg

I would expect a wildly entertaining 10-12 game with it raining three and outs and turnovers.

Oh fun. So it should be a good day for our defense then. Maybe we can get three pick sixes again.

FargoBison
November 21st, 2016, 03:47 PM
Issues being?

Injuries and I think Bo wants a dual threat QB and he is stuck with a pocket passer who isn't exactly anything special. Not sure what their current injury situation is though.

JSUSoutherner
November 21st, 2016, 03:51 PM
Injuries and I think Bo wants a dual threat QB and he is stuck with a pocket passer who isn't exactly anything special. Not sure what their current injury situation is though.
I am excited by the prospect of getting to see Bo Pellini live. He's good for at least one unsportsmanlike conduct flag a game, right?

ysubigred
November 21st, 2016, 03:53 PM
Offensively similar to NDSU I guess, ground and pound of course both teams go at it a bit differently. Difference really is at QB, if YSU had a reliable dual threat QB like Stick it would solve a lot of their issues.

Webb and Ruiz are two very solid running backs though.

This^^ To add NDSU is fundamentally more sound. YSU tends to shoot themselves in the foot a few times a game on both sides of the ball NDSU not usually if at all. The QB we have right now can pass given time. He can't run to save his life and hurried he'll chuck it away or to your guys. Also, YSU's receivers have been a little stone handed that usually gets reflected against the QB. The Defense is lights out. As I've stated before they will bend on the crossing routes or down the seam against a good passing team. SDSU was not able to kill us but did enough to win passing the ball.

- - - Updated - - -

I am excited by the prospect of getting to see Bo Pellini live. He's good for at least one unsportsmanlike conduct flag a game, right?

Not so much anymore,, He caught Tresselitus xsmiley_wix

Penguin Nation
November 21st, 2016, 03:56 PM
Issues being?

Our first and second string QBs are injured. Our current starting QB was our starter last year when we went 5-6, and he finished the year with minus rushing yards due to not just immobility, but an eagerness to take dives to avoid contact. One game he took a knee just before reaching the end-zone. He threw several pick 6's and his passing efficiency (both last year and this year) is below other YSU QBs. The first two games he played this year he personally had 4 turnovers, no TDs, and multiple bobbled snaps. Since he regained the starting job, our passing yards are down ~33%. He's not all bad tho. His grades are good, I'm told, and he has found lots of Pokemon.

JSUSoutherner
November 21st, 2016, 04:03 PM
This^^ To add NDSU is fundamentally more sound. YSU tends to shoot themselves in the foot a few times a game on both sides of the ball NDSU not usually if at all. The QB we have right now can pass given time. He can't run to save his life and hurried he'll chuck it away or to your guys. Also, YSU's receivers have been a little stone handed that usually gets reflected against the QB. The Defense is lights out. As I've stated before they will bend on the crossing routes or down the seam against a good passing team. SDSU was not able to kill us but did enough to win passing the ball.

- - - Updated - - -

Not so much anymore,, He caught Tresselitus xsmiley_wix
A run heavy team with a QB that's not good under pressure you say? Damn, I love the sound of that. :D

Our first and second string QBs are injured. Our current starting QB was our starter last year when we went 5-6, and he finished the year with minus rushing yards due to not just immobility, but an eagerness to take dives to avoid contact. One game he took a knee just before reaching the end-zone. He threw several pick 6's and his passing efficiency (both last year and this year) is below other YSU QBs. The first two games he played this year he personally had 4 turnovers, no TDs, and multiple bobbled snaps. Since he regained the starting job, our passing yards are down ~33%. He's not all bad tho. His grades are good, I'm told, and he has found lots of Pokemon.

Thats the important thing right there. I bet the NFL scouts are all over that.

ysubigred
November 21st, 2016, 04:05 PM
A run heavy team with a QB that's not good under pressure you say? Damn, I love the sound of that. :D

YUP I'm telling you what you want to hear xsmiley_wix

BisonTru
November 21st, 2016, 04:06 PM

I see a few folks have toughed on the offense, but their defense is their strength and specifically their defensive line. They probably have the best DE duo in the country. It'll be interesting (if it comes to it) to watch Eli and the read option vs. their DEs. Both strengths of their respective teams. As for the system defensively they run a fairly standard 4-3 like NDSU.

ytownchief22
November 21st, 2016, 04:18 PM
YSU has 3 NFL prospects on the defense.

JSUSoutherner
November 21st, 2016, 04:20 PM
Thankfully our pass protection hasn't been bad so I don't know that their D-line will be able to get to Eli consistently. We were able to keep LSU and Arden Key in check for the most part and I can't imagine YSU can be any worse than them. He's pretty good at avoiding pressure. I just hope our passing game tightens up. It will be interesting to see how YSU would handle our splitback package.

Bison Fan in NW MN
November 21st, 2016, 07:33 PM
IMO, Youngstown handles Samford pretty easily.

Bisonwinagn
November 21st, 2016, 10:32 PM
What game is this?

ysubigred
November 22nd, 2016, 07:11 AM
OK! Back to Samford. Must take care of them 1st before we need to worry about the rosters xcoachx

CockyGeek
November 22nd, 2016, 11:20 AM
YSU is going to run all over Samford and hold the ball for close to 40 minutes. Samford is dead last in TOP and 99th against the run. I'll be watching this one closely, of course. Should be a fun one if Samford gets some quick passing TDs in.

Paladin1aa
November 22nd, 2016, 12:45 PM
I like YSU in this one. The D should hold their own, maybe dominate, and I expect a solid run game to win it for them.

mamberso
November 22nd, 2016, 01:44 PM
As impressive as Samford's offense has been throughout the season, they have only scored 17 points in their last seven quarters. And that was against Mercer and ETSU. Something seems to be wrong in Homewood. The forecast is rainy and chilly at the ICE Castle...not ideal for the Bulldogs. I'll go with YSU in this one.

PaladinFan
November 22nd, 2016, 02:00 PM
As impressive as Samford's offense has been throughout the season, they have only scored 17 points in their last seven quarters. And that was against Mercer and ETSU. Something seems to be wrong in Homewood. The forecast is rainy and chilly at the ICE Castle...not ideal for the Bulldogs. I'll go with YSU in this one.

Samford is a scary offense when clicking.

It's hard to figure out what happened against Mercer and ETSU. Mercer, I understand there was some turnover issues after Samford hit them hard early. I have no explanation for ETSU. A bad Furman team beat them mercilessly.

CID1990
November 22nd, 2016, 02:14 PM
Samford got snakebit after hanging so much total O on MSU and then coming to Charleston and having that cut just about in half. That's a coaching issue.

If Hatcher pulls his head out they'll do well in the playoffs.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

The Pud
November 22nd, 2016, 02:20 PM
This will be an exciting game.

SU DOG
November 22nd, 2016, 02:22 PM
Yeah, this is hard to figure out. A team this capable, yet taking such a nosedive the last couple of weeks - I have NO explanation. If we can get back up to playing to our potential, we will be competitive, otherwise, we will embarrass ourselves and the SoCon. It can definitely go either way.

Big_Fan
November 22nd, 2016, 04:40 PM
Samford with the Hatch attack is Murray State 2.0.

they are dangerous, but if YSU plays a disciplined game of keep-away, they will win handily.

FUBeAR
November 22nd, 2016, 04:45 PM
Samford is a scary offense when clicking.

It's hard to figure out what happened against Mercer and ETSU. Mercer, I understand there was some turnover issues after Samford hit them hard early. I have no explanation for ETSU. A bad Furman team beat them mercilessly.

Yes - Sammy's WR's fumbled 2 balls after Mercer DB's hit them hard. But they also did not really move the ball after the 1st 3 series. 230 yards in those 3 possession (all in the 1st quarter) & 235 yards total in the final 3 quarters (78 yds/quarter, which is about a 64% drop in offensive production from the 1st).

My take on the situation is that Mercer made a fairly simple change - they started playing 5 in the box vs. Sammy's 7 (usually; sometimes 6). Initially, Sammy's Coaches reacted by ignoring the change and continuing with the same game plan that had worked so well out of the gate. When they saw that wasn't working, they tried to run the ball some, but, for the most part, that was ineffective (15 attempts / 54 yards / 3.6 ypa). Not because Sammy CAN'T run the ball, but because they just don't want to and they don't 'feel good' about themselves when they have to. Kind of like the old test to understand how CHANGE feels by crossing your arms in front of your chest one way - the way you are comfortable doing it. Then switch which arm is in front/on top. Feels WEIRD and you just don't LIKE it.

I watched Sammy @ ETSU on SoConDigital the other night and, no surprise to me, the Bucs started the game with 5 in the box. They stayed with this most of the game, but went back to 6 and 7 in there, on occasion, in the 4th quarter and Sammy persisted in trying to run. I'm wondering if the vaunted HatchAttack does not include the 'feature' of the QB counting the D's box players and checking to Run or Pass depending on their alignment. Would think that it would...but it doesn't seem to???

Give Sammy's Coaches credit though...they were ready to run the ball vs. ETSU and they did, 26 times for 143 yards or 5.5 ypa.

Previously against FCS competition they HAD averaged 25 attempts/game, but for only an 77 yd/game average (3.1 ypa). They also made a personnel change on the OL, which I believe was to enable them to be more effective in their run schemes. But the runs were not quite effective enough, Sammy still didn't look comfortable doing it AND I think the paucity of passes (23), which is about 1/2 of their FCS average/game of 44, led to the Sammy QB and WR's not being in the kind of 'synch' that we have seen previously - Avg Completion % vs. FCS prior games was almost 73%. Against ETSU, the completion % was down to 61%. Also affecting that was the Run/Pass Play Mix. Against FCS Teams, Sammy had been 64% Pass / 46% Run. They were 47% Pass / 53% Run against ETSU. ETSU (and Mercer after the 1st Quarter) just forced them to NOT be themselves and Sammy doesn't like that.

ETSU also played the entire game in "run out the clock" mode; never snapping the ball (until the last series) with more than 3 or 4 seconds remaining on the Play Clock. This (along with Sammy's O's ineffectiveness) reduced the number of plays Sammy ran to 20 plays below their average vs. FCS Teams (49 vs. 69). They don't like that either.

So...Sammy, IMO, needs to FEEL GREAT about running the ball and/or being forced to run the ball and BE EXCITED to see the D have only 5 in the box. And, they can't get rattled or 'in their feelings' if they are only getting a few chances due to their opponents' clock management strategies. Just make those chances COUNT!

PS - Furman is NOT a "bad Team." A bad Team doesn't take Michigan State, The Citadel, Chattanooga, Wofford, and Mercer down to the wire.

I-AA Fan
November 22nd, 2016, 08:51 PM
<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/QlXLVc0J4lo" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

https://youtu.be/QlXLVc0J4lo

I a not sure that you allow embedding, but Here is the more than suspect secondary. YSU relies on heavy pressure from the DE's (Moss and Rivers). Coach Pelini (Carl) has to bring up the safeties on order to accomplish this ...factor in this is a couple of future NFL receivers whom quite frankly had more speed than our secondary could ever match up with. Yet it continues to happen, as recent as last weekend.

I notice what every opposing team is doing for the past 3 games is run plays right at Rivers and Moss. Pass plays and sweeps. This then opens up the middle quite nicely. The one thing in our favor has been that Rivers is really an OLB ...I suspect that is what he will be at the next level ...so he drops back quickly, with nice hands. Good pursuit speed as well. This is really the difference between Moss and Rivers. They pressure equally well. I also noticed that Penguin middle and front (on D) is not jamming the opposing WR's as much in those games, most-likely because they need to go horizontal in coverage, this is why it seems the middle is opening up. As too a running QB, I do not see that happening under Shane Montgomery ...I mean both the YSU running QB's have extensive injuries ...Hosick is expected to be out for 9-12 months. Davis is week-to-week. YSU TB's are always good for 100-yeards each & the FB/TB usually gets pretty close. So in my mind there is no real need for a "running" QB; rather a "mobile" QB.

Right now the biggest disaster has been the kicking game. Starter has been out with a deep groin injury. So kick-offs are staying on the field (exposing some sub-par coverage) and missed FG's and XP's have been common. I noticed they settled down against MSU ...brought in the #3 kicker (McFadden) and he finally seems to be settling ...he was 1-1 FG and 5-5 XP last week. Any of you Penguins notice that McFadden is wearing a shoe this year?

As to YSU Qb's ...it is easy to throw stones, but Wells was not a 2-year starter for no reason. He has something that you ignore and is especially important when your Red Zone O is not working ...he is smart and a good game manager. Remember, QB's call the plays for YSU. This game will come down to YSU's execution on offense. If the timing is on, YSU can drive the field in less than 2-minutes on anyone. They can put up a ton of yards and points. If that is not working they go into a very tight pistol formation (similar to the old Buffalo Bills) and eat up 10-minutes on each drive. Thus the kicker becomes even more crucial.

JSUSoutherner
November 22nd, 2016, 09:02 PM
<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/QlXLVc0J4lo" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

https://youtu.be/QlXLVc0J4lo

I a not sure that you allow embedding, but Here is the more than suspect secondary. YSU relies on heavy pressure from the DE's (Moss and Rivers). Coach Pelini (Carl) has to bring up the safeties on order to accomplish this ...factor in this is a couple of future NFL receivers whom quite frankly had more speed than our secondary could ever match up with. Yet it continues to happen, as recent as last weekend.

I notice what every opposing team is doing for the past 3 games is run plays right at Rivers and Moss. Pass plays and sweeps. This then opens up the middle quite nicely. The one thing in our favor has been that Rivers is really an OLB ...I suspect that is what he will be at the next level ...so he drops back quickly, with nice hands. Good pursuit speed as well. This is really the difference between Moss and Rivers. They pressure equally well. I also noticed that Penguin middle and front (on D) is not jamming the opposing WR's as much in those games, most-likely because they need to go horizontal in coverage, this is why it seems the middle is opening up. As too a running QB, I do not see that happening under Shane Montgomery ...I mean both the YSU running QB's have extensive injuries ...Hosick is expected to be out for 9-12 months. Davis is week-to-week. YSU TB's are always good for 100-yeards each & the FB/TB usually gets pretty close. So in my mind there is no real need for a "running" QB; rather a "mobile" QB.

Right now the biggest disaster has been the kicking game. Starter has been out with a deep groin injury. So kick-offs are staying on the field (exposing some sub-par coverage) and missed FG's and XP's have been common. I noticed they settled down against MSU ...brought in the #3 kicker (McFadden) and he finally seems to be settling ...he was 1-1 FG and 5-5 XP last week. Any of you Penguins notice that McFadden is wearing a shoe this year?

As to YSU Qb's ...it is easy to throw stones, but Wells was not a 2-year starter for no reason. He has something that you ignore and is especially important when your Red Zone O is not working ...he is smart and a good game manager. Remember, QB's call the plays for YSU. This game will come down to YSU's execution on offense. If the timing is on, YSU can drive the field in less than 2-minutes on anyone. They can put up a ton of yards and points. If that is not working they go into a very tight pistol formation (similar to the old Buffalo Bills) and eat up 10-minutes on each drive. Thus the kicker becomes even more crucial.
You guys have a beast DE named Moss? US TOO! I bet our Moss is better than your Moss. :D

ValleyTalk
November 22nd, 2016, 10:11 PM
You guys have a beast DE named Moss? US TOO! I bet our Moss is better than your Moss. :D
Neither Moss is a great as the infamous Pete Moss.

Sandlapper Spike
November 23rd, 2016, 08:40 AM
Samford has been pathetic at the run. They got it going a bit in a couple games including against us when Hodges took off with his feet (something he hasn't done much), but it was still under 100 yards in the game, total. They have run ok against weak run defenses but any kind of good D and they have issues. Passing on the other hand. They throw so many quick flat passes, that they are really just glorified running plays. Expect him to complete 40-50 against you. He doesn't throw interceptions very much. He has multiple good targets to choose from. He gets it off so fast sometimes that you will have issues getting sacks. And he always has the deep ball.

Hodges really surprised me with his athleticism. Legit straight-ahead speed.

ValleyTalk
November 23rd, 2016, 08:58 AM
Here is video footage from the 1991 National Semifinal between YSU and Samford. As you can see, at that time, we had quite the fan-base. Boy how I wish that enthusiasm would return to the Ice Castle on Saturday:
http://wkbn.com/2016/11/22/ysu-hopes-for-huge-playoff-crowd/

ValleyTalk
November 23rd, 2016, 03:42 PM
YSU's hype video this week:

https://youtu.be/Mo-heNMmLv0

ytownchief22
November 23rd, 2016, 08:11 PM
YSU's best LB and leading tackler from last year who was suspended for the first semester of school has been cleared to play. Will be interesting to see if they play him at all.

Sandlapper Spike
November 23rd, 2016, 10:23 PM
How often does a player appear in a postseason contest after not playing in any games during the regular season? That has to be very unusual.

Daved
November 23rd, 2016, 10:30 PM
YSU's best LB and leading tackler from last year who was suspended for the first semester of school has been cleared to play. Will be interesting to see if they play him at all.I will really be surprised if they don't.

Daved
November 23rd, 2016, 10:33 PM
How often does a player appear in a postseason contest after not playing in any games during the regular season? That has to be very unusual.Probably extremely rare that it happens--in this case will not be beneficial to Samford.

Schism55
November 24th, 2016, 12:38 AM
YSU's best LB and leading tackler from last year who was suspended for the first semester of school has been cleared to play. Will be interesting to see if they play him at all.
Name and #?

Kemo
November 24th, 2016, 05:25 AM
YSU would be a legit championship contender if they had a QB... but they don't.

The Penguins will advance in low scoring affairs until they meet a team that can stop their rushing attack. I'm not sure Samford is that team, however.

ytownchief22
November 24th, 2016, 06:53 AM
Name and #?

Lee Wright, #5.

Daved
November 24th, 2016, 05:31 PM
YSU would be a legit championship contender if they had a QB... but they don't.

The Penguins will advance in low scoring affairs until they meet a team that can stop their rushing attack. I'm not sure Samford is that team, however.Back in the Stone Age when YSU won its 4 NC's they rarely passed--don't think they are ready to throw in the towel--especially because they are still capable of beating any team in the playoffs.Last game although it was against a weak defense our latest qb appeared to have shaken off the rust and went 15-16 without throwing an int--panic mode hasnt set in yet

Daved
November 24th, 2016, 05:35 PM
Lee Wright, #5.Believe he had 11 solo tackles vs. NDSU last year--definitely capable of being a weapon.

JSUSoutherner
November 25th, 2016, 01:09 PM
How deep is YSU in the trenches? I spent some time watching some of YSUs game with NDSU and it seemed like the Penguins got off to a very strong start and they were dominating in the trenches at the start and exploding off the line but as the game went on NDSU started taking over. Is it a depth issue or was NDSU just able to adjust?

Thumper 76
November 25th, 2016, 01:13 PM
How deep is YSU in the trenches? I spent some time watching some of YSUs game with NDSU and it seemed like the Penguins got off to a very strong start and they were dominating in the trenches at the start and exploding off the line but as the game went on NDSU started taking over. Is it a depth issue or was NDSU just able to adjust?

Just too much time on the field has been the problem for them. Their offense can't move the ball so they are on the field all game.

ValleyTalk
November 25th, 2016, 02:57 PM
Just too much time on the field has been the problem for them. Their offense can't move the ball so they are on the field all game.

False, our offense moves the ball and holds onto it for long periods of time, but we struggle scoring. We are #6 in the FCS in time of possession. In the NDSU and SDSU games, give credit where credit is due, their lines are just very very good.

Bison Fan in NW MN
November 25th, 2016, 03:52 PM
False, our offense moves the ball and holds onto it for long periods of time, but we struggle scoring. We are #6 in the FCS in time of possession. In the NDSU and SDSU games, give credit where credit is due, their lines are just very very good.

Pellini is a good coach and YSU hasn't had a playoff game since '06.

IMO, YSU pounds Samford in this game. The 2 DEs will be all over the field.

Plus, YSU has the CBs to match up with the JSU passing game. Youngstown then beats JSU.

JSUFightingCocks
November 25th, 2016, 03:57 PM
[QUOTE=Bison Fan in NW MN;2421499

Plus, YSU has the CBs to match up with the JSU passing game. Youngstown then beats JSU.[/QUOTE]
What about our run game? Expect everyone to be rested up after our time off and for backs to running on all cylinders.

JSUSoutherner
November 25th, 2016, 04:02 PM

Plus, YSU has the CBs to match up with the JSU passing game. Youngstown then beats JSU.
So, Youngstown has the defense to stop our offense?

That means Youngstown wins even though they won't be able to run on us? Our defense every bit as good and arguably better than the penguins from what I've watched so far.

Plus, as JSUFC pointed out, stopping the passing doesn't mean much considering we are a run heavy team. So far no one has been able to keep us from moving the ball. Even LSU couldn't stop us from gaining a good chunk of yardage.

I do agree though. I think YSU will be able to out physical Samford. But I could see a YSU/JSU turning into a defensive slugfest.

Bison Fan in NW MN
November 25th, 2016, 04:12 PM

That means Youngstown wins even though they won't be able to run on us? Our defense every bit as good and arguably better than the penguins from what I've watched so far.

Plus, as JSUFC pointed out, stopping the passing doesn't mean much considering we are a run heavy team. So far no one has been able to keep us from moving the ball. Even LSU couldn't stop us from gaining a good chunk of yardage.

I do agree though. I think YSU will be able to out physical Samford. But I could see a YSU/JSU turning into a defensive slugfest.

Maybe so. With very good corners that can play man-to-man, the SS and FS can help in the run. So, JSU could run them over but IMO, it is a good match-up for YSU.

Ya, JSU has a good defense but padded stats against the OVC?....xeyebrowx

VictoryViking
November 25th, 2016, 04:16 PM

Give us a break with the Bison booboo. Samford, The Citadel, Wofford, JSU and UTC are strong teams. The Bison and YSU feels over confident because they played the #30th most difficult schedule in the FCS. Samford played the 4ht Toughest schedule. Be careful over rating and Under rating. The Ping-ins are a good team, but so is Samford. It should be a unique match up.

JSUSoutherner
November 25th, 2016, 04:16 PM
Maybe so. With very good corners that can play man-to-man, the SS and FS can help in the run. So, JSU could run them over but IMO, it is a good match-up for YSU.

Ya, JSU has a good defense but padded stats against the OVC?....xeyebrowx
I mean we did hold Coastal to 42 rushing yards on 35 carries. I don't know about you but I think DeAngelo Henderson is a pretty good running back.

We also held Liberty to 44 yards rushing and 181 total for whatever that's worth now.

For the most part we did a good job at stopping Guice in Death Valley. He did get three big plays on his 19 carries. But given that it's LSU.... his other 16 carries only went a total of 50 yards. It may or may not be a solid argument in our favor but since holding our entire conference to a combined 485 yards rushing (69 YPG) on 235 total carries (2.0 YPC) is apparently irrelevant it's the best support I got until next weekend.

caribbeanhen
November 25th, 2016, 05:45 PM
wouldn't be surprised at all to see Samford light up the Youngstown secondary.... surely they have a weakness back there and if so Samford will take this game....

ValleyTalk
November 25th, 2016, 06:42 PM
wouldn't be surprised at all to see Samford light up the Youngstown secondary.... surely they have a weakness back there and if so Samford will take this game....
Well it may be the weak part of our defense, but we are also #1 in the entire Missouri Valley in pass defense... it goes to show how strong overall this defense has been this season: http://www.mvc.org/football/stats/confldrs.htm

ST_Lawson
November 25th, 2016, 06:48 PM
...surely they have a weakness back there...

You think so, eh?

JSUSoutherner
November 25th, 2016, 06:53 PM
Well it may be the weak part of our defense, but we are also #1 in the entire Missouri Valley in pass defense... it goes to show how strong overall this defense has been this season: http://www.mvc.org/football/stats/confldrs.htm
Yeah but when you guys played the two MVFC teams that can actually pass and pass often (SDSU and SIU) you guys got torched. Outside of those two who in the Valley really has a big air game?

Bison Fan in NW MN
November 25th, 2016, 07:21 PM

Some weakness:

Total defense: Ranked #7 294/game

Scoring defense: Ranked #6 16.5 points/game

Passing defense: Ranked #22 186 yards/game

Passing defense is not a weakness giving up only 186/game.

ytownchief22
November 25th, 2016, 07:34 PM
Bo plays a lot of man to man. Players get beat sometimes. We don't have Revis and Richard Sherman out there covering.

Bison Fan in NW MN
November 25th, 2016, 07:42 PM
Bo plays a lot of man to man. Players get beat sometimes. We don't have Revis and Richard Sherman out there covering.

This here.

YSU's defense is very good having watched it first hand this year. The Bison pounded it on the ground but there are not many ground/pound teams out there....IDK if Samford is one of them.

Maybe a pass happy team can get some yards but it will be tough. I'll take the good/very good defense in this one.

caribbeanhen
November 25th, 2016, 07:58 PM

so the weak part of your Defense is rated # 1 ?

citdog
November 25th, 2016, 08:05 PM
YSU had better tackle well tomorrow if a couple of those 4yrd completions become 70 yard touchdowns with YAC it will be a long day for them.

BisonFan02
November 25th, 2016, 08:09 PM
YSU's worst enemy on defense was their own offense. If these guys can hold onto the ball similarly to how NDSU has in the past, they are a dangerous team.

caribbeanhen
November 25th, 2016, 08:19 PM
#7 in the YSU secondary is not a lucky number in rust city.......

VictoryViking
November 25th, 2016, 08:20 PM
Some weakness:

Total defense: Ranked #7 294/game

Scoring defense: Ranked #6 16.5 points/game

Passing defense: Ranked #22 186 yards/game

Passing defense is not a weakness giving up only 186/game.

Strength of Schedule,Strength of Schedule,Strength of Schedule. .... Take it into consideration. Youngstowns wins came against teams that average 4.2 wins out of 10. Youngstown is a good team, but dont give the game away just yet.

JSUSoutherner
November 25th, 2016, 08:20 PM
Looks like it will be a cold, wet, windy day tomorrow in the Ice Castle. Yikes.

Bison Fan in NW MN
November 25th, 2016, 08:23 PM
Strength of Schedule,Strength of Schedule,Strength of Schedule. .... Take it into consideration. Youngstowns wins came against teams that average 4.2 wins out of 10. Youngstown is a good team, but dont give the game away just yet.

YSU's Saragin SOS ranking is #89 in all of D1 and #7 in the FCS.

caribbeanhen
November 25th, 2016, 08:26 PM
#8 for YSU better be ready, unless he's doing the ice and wind dance ...... yep, YSU has a pretty stout Defense but there are some cracks that can be exploited by a good passing team,

Bison Fan in NW MN
November 25th, 2016, 08:28 PM
Looks like it will be a cold, wet, windy day tomorrow in the Ice Castle. Yikes.

Good for the ground game. Pound the rock.

JSUSoutherner
November 25th, 2016, 08:30 PM
Good for the ground game. Pound the rock.
May not work. Apparently Samford is 'Bringing the Stuffing' :D

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zASwqlxeeTw&amp;app=desktop

Daved
November 25th, 2016, 09:57 PM
Yeah but when you guys played the two MVFC teams that can actually pass and pass often (SDSU and SIU) you guys got torched. Outside of those two who in the Valley really has a big air game?You lost to ETSU?

JSUSoutherner
November 25th, 2016, 09:59 PM
You lost to ETSU?
LSU. But close enough I guess.

ValleyTalk
November 25th, 2016, 10:00 PM
Since my post got deleted, just wanted to post the screenshot:

http://i.imgur.com/946tcxT.jpg

That 14-1 is in the playoffs.

citdog
November 25th, 2016, 10:06 PM
How many of those 14 were vacated because the cheater in a sweater vest got caught?

Daved
November 25th, 2016, 10:10 PM
Strength of Schedule,Strength of Schedule,Strength of Schedule. .... Take it into consideration. Youngstowns wins came against teams that average 4.2 wins out of 10. Youngstown is a good team, but dont give the game away just yet.YSU will not underestimate Samford--that would be a recipe for disaster--I don't underestimate them either--they just lost to a team ranked #222 but that fact in no way guarantees a YSU victory.

Kemo
November 25th, 2016, 10:13 PM

I would bet a light sum on YSU beating Samford, and I wouldn't put any money down on YSU or JSU if they end up playing.

I think a YSU/JSU game would come down to which ever team had 1 or 2 more big plays, and I wouldn't feel confident on which team that would be.

Daved
November 25th, 2016, 10:15 PM
How many of those 14 were vacated because the cheater in a sweater vest got caught?Yeah those tattoos sure made a big difference in those games--Im sure theres a Santa Claus and all politicians and coaches are spotless--lol--You would be amazed at how many cheating coaches there are--JT was way cleaner than most of them coaching now --he lost his job at OSU for it and he deserved to.

Daved
November 25th, 2016, 10:25 PM
How many of those 14 were vacated because the cheater in a sweater vest got caught?If they vacate those 14 games they need to vacate the 42-17 beating they gave the #1 Ranked Citadel down in Charleston many years agoxthumbsupx

citdog
November 25th, 2016, 11:11 PM
If they vacate those 14 games they need to vacate the 42-17 beating they gave the #1 Ranked Citadel down in Charleston many years agoxthumbsupx

cheaters gonna cheat. Is Mickey Monus still hanging around the school with Tressell? Is Ray Issac still driving his car and getting cash payments from him?

Penguin Nation
November 25th, 2016, 11:11 PM
How many of those 14 were vacated because the cheater in a sweater vest got caught?

In case you're serious....zero.

ytownchief22
November 25th, 2016, 11:38 PM
cheaters gonna cheat. Is Mickey Monus still hanging around the school with Tressell? Is Ray Issac still driving his car and getting cash payments from him?

Yes to both questions ;)

Daved
November 26th, 2016, 12:10 AM
cheaters gonna cheat. Is Mickey Monus still hanging around the school with Tressell? Is Ray Issac still driving his car and getting cash payments from him?Butthurt always hurts don't it---even years after that 42-17 nailbiter against the team that was ranked #1---damn cheatin JT!

The Yo Show
November 26th, 2016, 05:25 AM

I think what you meant to say is once a Yankee always a Yankee xlolx

Penguin Nation
November 26th, 2016, 08:02 AM

A 25 year case of butthurt. Is this a record?

ASU33
November 26th, 2016, 08:07 AM
I'm looking forward to this one. The Hodges kid at QB for Samford is special to say the least.

caribbeanhen
November 26th, 2016, 08:24 AM
I'm looking forward to this one. The Hodges kid at QB for Samford is special to say the least.

he's got one of the best receivers in HAMILTON..... FAST

ytownchief22
November 26th, 2016, 09:16 AM
Excited for the matchup. Really interested to see how the weather will affect Samford's passing game.

ASU33
November 26th, 2016, 09:31 AM
Excited for the matchup. Really interested to see how the weather will affect Samford's passing game.

Any snow today?

citdog
November 26th, 2016, 09:43 AM
A 25 year case of butthurt. Is this a record?

Not even close. We have a 151 year butthurt against y'all.

Bison Fan in NW MN
November 26th, 2016, 09:48 AM
Not even close. We have a 151 year butthurt against y'all.

You're coming around slowly right?

:)

ytownchief22
November 26th, 2016, 10:26 AM
Any snow today?

No, high of about 36 or 37 though during game time. Dress warm Bulldogs ;)

ValleyTalk
November 26th, 2016, 10:31 AM
Just a fair warning, the crowd is going to be bad for this one... I know some of our biggest fans from Northern Iowa will point it out, but I figured I'd warn you in advance. Despite scheduling around OSU vs. Michigan, the folks here are far more concerned with that team 3 hours away than the team 10 minutes away. Very very disappointing to say the least. I would not be surprised if Bo pointed it out postgame.

PantherRob82
November 26th, 2016, 10:39 AM
Just a fair warning, the crowd is going to be bad for this one... I know some of our biggest fans from Northern Iowa will point it out, but I figured I'd warn you in advance. Despite scheduling around OSU vs. Michigan, the folks here are far more concerned with that team 3 hours away than the team 10 minutes away. Very very disappointing to say the least. I would not be surprised if Bo pointed it out postgame.

What do you mean? I'm sure with the Penguins being in the playoffs for the first time since 2006 there will be at least 100 fans in the stands.:D

Daved
November 26th, 2016, 11:23 AM
What do you mean? I'm sure with the Penguins being in the playoffs for the first time since 2006 there will be at least 100 fans in the stands.:DThat's mainly because the area high school football season is over.xdrunkyx--wouldve been 50 if a few weeks earlier.

Daved
November 26th, 2016, 11:26 AM
Not even close. We have a 151 year butthurt against y'all.Sorry for that huge oversight--I should know better--I always tell our customers that the South may not rise again but our prices will.

JSUSoutherner
November 26th, 2016, 12:51 PM
**** MICHIGAN!

PantherRob82
November 26th, 2016, 12:59 PM
The way "The Game" is going, you might only get 95 fans. 5 might need to drown their sorrows. :p

ytownchief22
November 26th, 2016, 02:57 PM
Avery Moss is OUT for today's game for YSU. Very big loss...

JSUSoutherner
November 26th, 2016, 03:21 PM
The way "The Game" is going, you might only get 95 fans. 5 might need to drown their sorrows. :p
**** MICHIGAN! THEY STILL SUCK!

The Yo Show
November 26th, 2016, 03:31 PM
Now we are going to lose them for being to excidely drunk to drive:D

Bison Fan in NW MN
November 26th, 2016, 03:32 PM
**** MICHIGAN! THEY STILL SUCK!

They should have won that game....got robbed on that 4th down call.

JSUSoutherner
November 26th, 2016, 03:34 PM
They should have won that game....got robbed on that 4th down call.
Forward progress.

citdog
November 26th, 2016, 03:36 PM
Forward progress.

No thanks. I fear change!

it's a Southern thing...

Bison Fan in NW MN
November 26th, 2016, 03:36 PM
Forward progress.

His rear end was down 1 yard behind where it was spotted. Total missed call.

JSUSoutherner
November 26th, 2016, 03:39 PM
His rear end was down 1 yard behind where it was spotted. Total missed call.
They called forward progress where the ball was at its most forward point while he was still in the air. Where he comes down is irrelevant.

It's like a touchdown. He broke the plane, it doesn't matter if he falls back at that point.

JSUSoutherner
November 26th, 2016, 04:10 PM
Not a very big crowd in the Ice Castle.

DoubleE
November 26th, 2016, 04:10 PM
Samford able to move the ball in first drive. penguins time now

DoubleE
November 26th, 2016, 04:11 PM
Not a very big crowd in the Ice Castle.

Sadly unless your mid 30's or older and remember the 90's the fan base is pretty much dead. Nothing some winning couldnt fix however

JSUSoutherner
November 26th, 2016, 04:13 PM
Samford D with the 3&1 stop.

DoubleE
November 26th, 2016, 04:18 PM
3 straight punts to start the game

BisonFan02
3 straight punts to start the game

Advantage YSU.

JSUSoutherner
Hodges's will get picked off a lot if the Hatch attack comes to Burgess. He's throwing some risky passes.

Bison56
November 26th, 2016, 04:25 PM
Hodges's will get picked off a lot if the Hatch attack comes to Burgess. He's throwing some risky passes.
ZZZZZZZ

TD YSU 7-0

Bison Fan in NW MN
November 26th, 2016, 04:28 PM
Nice drive for YSU.

ytownchief22
Solid drive.

dewey
Good opening drive by the Penguins.

7-0 YSU about mid 1st quarter.

Dewey

JSUSoutherner
November 26th, 2016, 04:34 PM
Samford picking on YSU's secondary right now.

JSUSoutherner
November 26th, 2016, 04:36 PM
TD Samford. YSU has no answers for the Hatch attack.

JSUSoutherner
November 26th, 2016, 04:40 PM
The amount of missed tackles by the Samford D is disgusting. Nice sack though.

JSUSoutherner
November 26th, 2016, 04:41 PM
Pellini already giving the refs a stern talking to.

CockyGeek
November 26th, 2016, 04:45 PM
These teams are more evenly matched than I though. Will be interesting to see who wears down first.

Sent from my VS986 using Tapatalk

caribbeanhen
November 26th, 2016, 04:45 PM
Samford picking on YSU's secondary right now.

as I told you would happen yesterday

JSUSoutherner
November 26th, 2016, 04:49 PM
These teams are more evenly matched than I though. Will be interesting to see who wears down first.

The way samfords offense is going, my money is on the penguins secondary. YSU can't stop the pass.

DoubleE
November 26th, 2016, 04:51 PM
The way samfords offense is going, my money is on the penguins secondary. YSU can't stop the pass.

Then they stop the pass right after this post lol

JSUSoutherner
November 26th, 2016, 04:54 PM
Then they stop the pass right after this post lol
Yeah I know. Figures.

Credit to the Samford D. They are making YSU work.

ytownchief22
November 26th, 2016, 04:56 PM
YSU offense stinks. O-Coordinator needs to go. Sick of him.

ytownchief22
November 26th, 2016, 05:01 PM
Samford running illegal pick plays all night long. Makes it easy to get open.

JSUSoutherner
November 26th, 2016, 05:14 PM
The pursuit by Samford on perimeter runs is atrocious. So many missed tackles.

dwtime
November 26th, 2016, 05:18 PM
Should have run for it.

JSUSoutherner
November 26th, 2016, 05:19 PM
Should have run for it.
This.

That was a wide open TD.

Bison56
November 26th, 2016, 05:19 PM
Couple times he has had an opportunity to run for positive yards and didnt.

ytownchief22
November 26th, 2016, 05:22 PM
Couple times he has had an opportunity to run for positive yards and didnt.

Wells will not run, ever. That's why he wasn't the starter at the beginning of the year.

mamberso
November 26th, 2016, 05:40 PM
Samford running illegal pick plays all night long. Makes it easy to get open.

That is a hallmark of Hatcher's offense. He won a game with Murray State at JSU in 2013 with that crap.

mmiller_34
November 26th, 2016, 05:43 PM
JFC.

ESPN3 crew shows a graphic of the bracket, it shows:

.... #8 South Dakota

**** YOU ESPN!

Nice first drive for YSU here.

JSUSoutherner
November 26th, 2016, 05:45 PM
JFC.

.... #8 South Dakota

**** YOU ESPN!

xlolx

I was surpried. They actually knew JSU wasn't in Florida.

centennial
November 26th, 2016, 05:46 PM
JFC.

.... #8 South Dakota

**** YOU ESPN!

At least your NC didn't get mailed to North Dakota. We are all small time to ESPN and NCAA.

centennial
November 26th, 2016, 05:47 PM
Still calling y'all South Dakota bahahaaa

Bison56
November 26th, 2016, 05:48 PM
JFC.

.... #8 South Dakota

**** YOU ESPN!

xlolx

mmiller_34
November 26th, 2016, 05:50 PM
Still calling y'all South Dakota bahahaaa

The best was when a ref announced a timeout for San Diego State at Coughlin-Alumni. He got an ear full from the crowd; looked down and goes into his mic. "I apologize"

Great TD for YSU there.

mmiller_34
November 26th, 2016, 06:03 PM
YDS rumbling now. 24-7.

DoubleE
November 26th, 2016, 06:06 PM
YSU running the ball well now. Gonna be interesting if Samford will get the pass game going or if this is going to be a blow out

Bison56
November 26th, 2016, 06:12 PM
YSU running the ball well now. Gonna be interesting if Samford will get the pass game going or if this is going to be a blow out
Doesn't matter, YSU doesn't have a snowballs chance in hell in Jacksonville, is what I've heard.

JSUSoutherner
November 26th, 2016, 06:17 PM
Doesn't matter, YSU doesn't have a snowballs chance in hell in Jacksonville, is what I've heard.
I heard that somewhere as well. :D I also heard that Youngstown is pretty much guaranteed a spot in at least the quarterfinals so it goes both ways.

centennial
November 26th, 2016, 06:23 PM
I think YSU vs JSU will be a good game. YSU is stout. They are battle tested.
31-7 YSU

ytownchief22
Dominance.

Bison56
I heard that somewhere as well. :D I also heard that Youngstown is pretty much guaranteed a spot in at least the quarterfinals so it goes both ways.

I bet you have heard it lol :D

JSUSoutherner
November 26th, 2016, 06:24 PM
Dominance.
Samford getting dominated in a playoff game? Say it isn't so.

In other news the sky is blue. :D

JSUSoutherner
November 26th, 2016, 06:29 PM
Holy crap. Hamilton just Mossed that guy.

DoubleE
November 26th, 2016, 06:33 PM
http://www.anygivensaturday.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=23965&stc=1

ytownchief22
November 26th, 2016, 06:37 PM
Loving this.

BullDog85
November 26th, 2016, 06:37 PM
Samford just mailing it in now.

JSUSoutherner
November 26th, 2016, 06:40 PM
Loving this.
Let's see if YSU can get another 17 points and beat down Samford worse than we did in 2013. :D

As as fast as the Sam offense is the Guins should have the ball in the next 15 seconds or so. xlolx

CockyGeek
November 26th, 2016, 06:45 PM
Too many teams in the playoffs. Some embarrassing showings tonight.

JSUSoutherner
November 26th, 2016, 06:47 PM
What are the YSU fans chanting on the EP attempts?

ytownchief22
November 26th, 2016, 06:47 PM
Too many teams in the playoffs. Some embarrassing showings tonight.

I agree.

ysubigred
November 26th, 2016, 06:49 PM
I agree.

Got to get rid of the stupid conference champ auto bid and just take the best 16 teams period.

Daved
November 26th, 2016, 08:21 PM
Doesn't matter, YSU doesn't have a snowballs chance in hell in Jacksonville, is what I've heard.I will pass that word along to Bo--hopefully he will forfeit and save the team a trip!

Bison56
November 26th, 2016, 09:40 PM
I will pass that word along to Bo--hopefully he will forfeit and save the team a trip!
I think you have a good chance I was just sharing what I have heard from the interwebs.

JSUSoutherner
November 26th, 2016, 09:41 PM
What are the YSU fans chanting on the EP attempts?
Still curious. YSU fans know?

Mocs123
November 26th, 2016, 09:53 PM
Congrats to Samford on a good season. I was hoping they would pull it out for the SoCon.

Daved
November 26th, 2016, 10:13 PM
Congrats to Samford on a good season. I was hoping they would pull it out for the SoCon.They definitely have some tremendous athletes on their squad.

Daved
November 27th, 2016, 11:45 AM
#8 for YSU better be ready, unless he's doing the ice and wind dance ...... yep, YSU has a pretty stout Defense but there are some cracks that can be exploited by a good passing team,Looks like they didn't get exploited enough till garbage time:D

Daved
November 27th, 2016, 11:49 AM
LSU. But close enough I guess.Sorry--was referring to Samford and thought you were alluding to their passing attack defeating us---it was great but not great enough.

Daved
November 27th, 2016, 11:53 AM
The way "The Game" is going, you might only get 95 fans. 5 might need to drown their sorrows. :pProbably more than 5.surprisingly there are a LOT of Michigan fans here.