PDA

View Full Version : Charleston Southern @ Wofford (winner @ Citadel)

Bucs2016
November 20th, 2016, 11:45 PM
Well this should be interesting. A triangle of hate between 3 option teams coming to a clash in the playoffs. CSU and Wofford first. Winner to the Citadel. All run the option, although CSUs version is a bit more open and from the shotgun. CSU has never beaten Wofford, despite many close ones. This would be a first. And of course...if they did...well...the meeting between CSU and The Citadel would be tense to say the least with the recent history between the two teams.

Odds? Well....for all the press CSU head coach Jamey Chadwell gets (deserves it) it might be defensive coordinate Chad Staggs who is the key to their success. The CSU D has been among the nation's best. And he's known as the "option guru" for his ability to shut down option attacks. A 4 - 0 record vs Citadel and 2 - 0 vs Kennesaw shows the Bucs D absolutely knows how to shut down the triple option.

Can they do it 3 weeks in a row after #23 Kennesaw...then Wofford and #6 Citadel? I say yes. They're both on the road. For any other team that's bad. BUT....CSU plays better on the road. Always has. Several reasons why. But it's how that program has been for 20 years. The more they're booed and the more hostile the crowd...the better they respond.

Prediction?

CSU 28 Wofford 24

Then.....The 2nd Civil War might begin if CSU makes it 5x in a row vs Citadel....

Southern Bison
November 21st, 2016, 06:34 AM
Upstate Bison & I plan to come on down for some tailgating and playoff football...look for the Bison & AGS flags & come say Hi!

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

ex189
November 21st, 2016, 06:38 AM
Absolutely can't wait for Saturday! Will be making the trip to the upstate from the beach to watch the BUCS.

AggieManiac704
November 21st, 2016, 09:08 AM
Alright I just moved to Charleston in January. Who can fill me in on the history of El Cid & CSU????
I feel like I could catch a game like that & be a fly on the wall.

Millwoch
November 21st, 2016, 11:38 AM
http://www.live5news.com/Clip/11876907/raw-csus-jamey-chadwell-after-win-over-the-citadel

CSU18
November 21st, 2016, 12:01 PM
I have CSU winning this one by 10. Looking forward to a good one, and hope we can pull it off. Gotta win this one first, but a 2nd Rd matchup with El Cid would be fun.

Bucs2016
November 21st, 2016, 12:39 PM
Alright I just moved to Charleston in January. Who can fill me in on the history of El Cid & CSU????
I feel like I could catch a game like that & be a fly on the wall.

Haha...how much time ya got? I'll do the quick summary.

CSU new program in 1991.
Citadel historic program of Charleston.
CSU always fighting for media recognition in Charleston, always ignored in favor of Citadel (understandably. Far more alumni and history).

Didn't play until 2002. CSU teams from 1998 to 2001 kinda always talked trash to them wanting to play because their common opponent performance showed CSU just may have been better (neither were really any good during those years. Probably would've been a terrible game.)

End 2002/Start 2003 they played in David Dowds final game and Jay Mills first. Citadel HAMMERED us. They were pretty good. CSU obviously wasn't...fired coach after 2002 loss and of course brand new staff/house cleaning 2003.

2004....the infamous "It might rain" cancellation. CSU was MUCH improved. Game was postponed early due to hurricane. Citadel...meh...didn't wanna make it up at end of year. Why? Ask them. Who would turn down a sure win at home for their seniors...right?

2005: 1st game. CSU puts scare into Citadel. Led the Dogs late. Dogs come back and win 28-14 I think.
2006: CSU beats Citadel. Ruh roh....
2007-2008 Citadel beats CSU. Competitive but not close in end....series ends for a while.

22012-present: CSU has beaten Citadel 4 out of 5 and 4 straight. Allegedly mocked the Dogs with brooms on their home field. CSU coach says "We win in their stadium more than they do lately". Citadel mocks CSUs abysmall D1 facilities (and they are right). Refused to ever play AT CSU again. CSU draws home playoff game and Citadel has to come. They lose.

Lots of back and forth.

CSU is talked about by SOME Citadel fans as being a joke, low class, uneducated, "not from Charleston", University of Ladson, etc.
Citadel is talked about by SOME CSU fans as arrogant, racists living in the 1800s, elitist, etc etc.
CSU fans repeatedly call it a "rivalry". Record now is tied at 5-5 I believe.
Citadel fans refuse to acknowledge a "rivalry" and say Furman, VMI and even South Carolina are more of a rival (historically they're obviously right).

Some of the alleged bad blood came from The Citadels last coach Mike Houston and CSU current one Chadwell...who supposedly had past friction when Houston was at D2 Lenoir Rhyne and Chadwell at D2 North Greenville. Chadwell has been accused of poking Citadel unnecessarily in interviews to try to generate a media fueled rivalry (maybe somewhat true).

Anyway. A fly on the wall would certainly enjoy the atmosphere. I can say....you won't find many FCS GameDay atmospheres better than a big game at The Citadel. Furman, VMI or...yes...CSU...being at Citadel is certainly worth the ticket price. Their fans, 95% of them, are VERY friendly and welcoming. Even share tailgate food! Same w CSU fans. Beautiful stadium. And unbeatable post game fun downtown.

Bucs2016
November 21st, 2016, 12:51 PM
I have CSU winning this one by 10. Looking forward to a good one, and hope we can pull it off. Gotta win this one first, but a 2nd Rd matchup with El Cid would be fun.

We do very well vs the option. I'm optimistic about Wofford. I think we can win this one also. I'm no longer a player so I can look ahead haha. That Dec 3rd 6pm game at the Citadel.....Oh Lord please make this happen!!!

UpstateBison
November 21st, 2016, 12:57 PM
Looking forward to watching a great game. Terriers 24-21.

Bucs2016
November 21st, 2016, 03:06 PM
Upstate Bison & I plan to come on down for some tailgating and playoff football...look for the Bison & AGS flags & come say Hi!

If you're headed to Spartanburg there are 2 things you must do.

1. Eat at The Beacon. It's famous. It's the bucket list spot in the 'Burg. It's greasy and excessive and glorious. And please know your order before walking up to the counter. Trust me haha. Spartanburg natives know "Walk...Talk...Walk..." at the counter.
2. Drive 20 minutes west to downtown Greenville. Walk Main Street and Reedy Falls Park. It's one of the most beautiful downtowns in the South. Great food. I recommend Smoke on the Water. Get the brisket!

Southern Bison
November 21st, 2016, 03:25 PM
If you're headed to Spartanburg there are 2 things you must do.

1. Eat at The Beacon. It's famous. It's the bucket list spot in the 'Burg. It's greasy and excessive and glorious. And please know your order before walking up to the counter. Trust me haha. Spartanburg natives know "Walk...Talk...Walk..." at the counter.
2. Drive 20 minutes west to downtown Greenville. Walk Main Street and Reedy Falls Park. It's one of the most beautiful downtowns in the South. Great food. I recommend Smoke on the Water. Get the brisket!
I'm from CLT & have been to Wofford for a half-dozen games & Panthers' Training Camp Kickoffs. Upstate Bison lives 8 blocks from the stadium.

ex189
November 21st, 2016, 03:27 PM
Looking forward to the game on Saturday. It should be an difficult test for the BUCS.

FUBeAR
November 21st, 2016, 03:32 PM
Well this should be interesting. A triangle of hate between 3 option teams coming to a clash in the playoffs. CSU and Wofford first. Winner to the Citadel. All run the option, although CSUs version is a bit more open and from the shotgun. CSU has never beaten Wofford, despite many close ones. This would be a first. And of course...if they did...well...the meeting between CSU and The Citadel would be tense to say the least with the recent history between the two teams.

Odds? Well....for all the press CSU head coach Jamey Chadwell gets (deserves it) it might be defensive coordinate Chad Staggs who is the key to their success. The CSU D has been among the nation's best. And he's known as the "option guru" for his ability to shut down option attacks. A 4 - 0 record vs Citadel and 2 - 0 vs Kennesaw shows the Bucs D absolutely knows how to shut down the triple option.

Can they do it 3 weeks in a row after #23 Kennesaw...then Wofford and #6 Citadel? I say yes. They're both on the road. For any other team that's bad. BUT....CSU plays better on the road. Always has. Several reasons why. But it's how that program has been for 20 years. The more they're booed and the more hostile the crowd...the better they respond.

Prediction?

CSU 28 Wofford 24

Then.....The 2nd Civil War might begin if CSU makes it 5x in a row vs Citadel....

With a good DC, a solid Game Plan, and a strong effort by an above average Run Defense, this year's Woffy 'edition' of the option CAN be stopped. In back-to-back weeks, in person, I saw a non-playoff Mercer Team xbawlingx completely stone their running game (205 yds / 60 attempts / 3.4 YPA) and another non-playoff Furman Team xbawlingx also slow them down (...for the most part....306 yds / 54 attempts / 5.7 YPA...but that included a 64 yard run early...take that away and they are back to 4.6 YPA). I know these are strong Teams from the #2 Ranked Conference (the SoCon) in FCS, BUT, this year's Woffy O will find other ways to put points on the board against ANY Defense - double reverse, throwback pass to the TE, who laterals to the OG, who throws it back across the field to the QB for an 80 yard TD. pass..something like that. If not that, their FG Kicker can make 'em from 60 yards into the wind...so better win that field position game or they'll have 3 points 'in the bag' when you punt it to them.

AND...the D is quite a challenge. They start 3 300+ lb'ers up front in their 3-4 alignment and these aren't FAT BOYZ....All 3 of them play with HIGH MOTORS and use their hands EXTREMELY well. Their LB's are also excellent pass rushers, solid run stoppers, and ball hawks. Add in several new faces in the secondary and their (previously) much-maligned ability to defend the pass has turned around to them leading the SoCon in INT's this season.

Remember, this Woffy Team just beat a perennial Highly-Ranked & Playoff, Chattanooga Team, lost to RUN-DOMINANT #6 Seed, The Citadel, in OT (I'd say they completely GAVE that game to El Cid, but my Bellhop friends will get their epaulets in a snarl if I do, so I won't), lost by 2 to PASS-DOMINANT Samford, and gave the SEC's Ole Miss a decent game.

I just don't see a ChuckSouth Team that just lost to Gardner-Webb (17-10), who lost to this year's SoCon cellar-dweller, a 2-9 Western Carolina Team, by a score of 44-14, able to find a way to beat the LittleDogs from SparkleCity.

But, Coach Chadwell has certainly worked some magic in the past, so it should be a FUN game to watch!

caribbeanhen
November 21st, 2016, 04:47 PM
I'll guess Cha So pulls the win out late...

Bucs2016
November 21st, 2016, 10:06 PM
With a good DC, a solid Game Plan, and a strong effort by an above average Run Defense, this year's Woffy 'edition' of the option CAN be stopped. In back-to-back weeks, in person, I saw a non-playoff Mercer Team xbawlingx completely stone their running game (205 yds / 60 attempts / 3.4 YPA) and another non-playoff Furman Team xbawlingx also slow them down (...for the most part....306 yds / 54 attempts / 5.7 YPA...but that included a 64 yard run early...take that away and they are back to 4.6 YPA). I know these are strong Teams from the #2 Ranked Conference (the SoCon) in FCS, BUT, this year's Woffy O will find other ways to put points on the board against ANY Defense - double reverse, throwback pass to the TE, who laterals to the OG, who throws it back across the field to the QB for an 80 yard TD. pass..something like that. If not that, their FG Kicker can make 'em from 60 yards into the wind...so better win that field position game or they'll have 3 points 'in the bag' when you punt it to them.

AND...the D is quite a challenge. They start 3 300+ lb'ers up front in their 3-4 alignment and these aren't FAT BOYZ....All 3 of them play with HIGH MOTORS and use their hands EXTREMELY well. Their LB's are also excellent pass rushers, solid run stoppers, and ball hawks. Add in several new faces in the secondary and their (previously) much-maligned ability to defend the pass has turned around to them leading the SoCon in INT's this season.

Remember, this Woffy Team just beat a perennial Highly-Ranked & Playoff, Chattanooga Team, lost to RUN-DOMINANT #6 Seed, The Citadel, in OT (I'd say they completely GAVE that game to El Cid, but my Bellhop friends will get their epaulets in a snarl if I do, so I won't), lost by 2 to PASS-DOMINANT Samford, and gave the SEC's Ole Miss a decent game.

I just don't see a ChuckSouth Team that just lost to Gardner-Webb (17-10), who lost to this year's SoCon cellar-dweller, a 2-9 Western Carolina Team, by a score of 44-14, able to find a way to beat the LittleDogs from SparkleCity.

But, Coach Chadwell has certainly worked some magic in the past, so it should be a FUN game to watch!

Wofford will be a huge challenge for sure. But don't judge CSU by the GWU game. BTW GWU got hot late...not the same GWU who lost to WCU.

CSU is more likely to play like the team that beat Coastal and Liberty on the road and took North Dakota State to OT in Fargo.

However CSU has never beaten Wofford. Ever. So the Terriers absolutely have CSUs full attention. They're a damn good team.

FUBeAR
November 21st, 2016, 11:01 PM
But don't judge CSU by the GWU game. BTW GWU got hot late...not the same GWU who lost to WCU.

CSU is more likely to play like the team that beat Coastal and Liberty on the road and took North Dakota State to OT in Fargo.

G-W lost 3 in a row before beating CSU and then beat Monmouth by 1, in OT, at home to close out their 5-6 season. I watched Presbyterian beat Monmouth and I don't think either of those teams would have come close to winning a game in the SoCon. The only thing I see that could be called "hot" in the 2nd half of G-W's season is them putting up 430 yards of Offense (vs. 312 for the Bucs) and beating CSU in Charleston.

Liberty is a 6-5 Big South Team, whose best OOC wins are over a 2-9 NEC Robert Morris Team and a 5-5 PFL Jacksonville Team. I think CCU is an enigma this year as far as how good they are - strange-looking schedule (to me) with their best OOC win coming over a 3-8 Furman Team.

Obviously, that was a fantastic showing by the Bucs @ NDSU, but August 27th was a LONG time ago.

So...serious question...why do you think the Bucs @ Woffy are more likely to play like they did vs. the Bison in August than they did against the Runnin' Bulldogs in November?

Bucs2016
November 21st, 2016, 11:19 PM
G-W lost 3 in a row before beating CSU and then beat Monmouth by 1, in OT, at home to close out their 5-6 season. I watched Presbyterian beat Monmouth and I don't think either of those teams would have come close to winning a game in the SoCon. The only thing I see that could be called "hot" in the 2nd half of G-W's season is them putting up 430 yards of Offense (vs. 312 for the Bucs) and beating CSU in Charleston.

Liberty is a 6-5 Big South Team, whose best OOC wins are over a 2-9 NEC Robert Morris Team and a 5-5 PFL Jacksonville Team. I think CCU is an enigma this year as far as how good they are - strange-looking schedule (to me) with their best OOC win coming over a 3-8 Furman Team.

Obviously, that was a fantastic showing by the Bucs @ NDSU, but August 27th was a LONG time ago.

So...serious question...why do you think the Bucs @ Woffy are more likely to play like they did vs. the Bison in August than they did against the Runnin' Bulldogs in November?

Because GWU was an upset. Simple as that. Upsets happen. And by "hot" I meant improved as in look at the GWU scores. They were destined to pull an upset...and did.

Liberty is a solid team. CCU obviously is a very good team. And hell...Kennesaw was ranked 22nd I believe when CSU beat them. CSU also has beaten Citadel 4x in a row. Liberty 3x in a row. Coastal 3x in a row. Took SEC Vandy to the final second in a 1 point heartbreaker. Were very competitive at Jacksonville State. And the NDSU OT game of course.

So in short....CSUs 3 year rap sheet shows the GWU game was an upset. Not the norm. And since that upset the Bucs absolutely destroyed Liberty @ Liberty in what was the Big South Champion game, and throttled a #22 ranked KSU team.

Now I'm not saying we will beat Wofford. I know we can. But Wofford is very good. I see this as a nail biter. Probably a 1 score game down to final drive.

Also....as for the GWU vs Western thing...doing common opponent stuff shows that Kennesaw State and Coastal beat Furman by a wider margin than Wofford did....and CSU beat KSU and Coastal.

BigSouthFan
November 22nd, 2016, 08:50 AM
I agree with everything about GWU. I had them as the 2nd or 3rd best team in the conference all year. They took Citadel to the wire. Coastal to the wire. Liberty to OT. Lost to Kennesaw by 7. They were bound to sneak one in, they are easily a 7 or 8 win team with some different bounces of the ball. Is Pitt better than Clemson? No. Like Bucs2016 said, slip ups happen. We've seen a good CSU team these past two weeks. And the team that went into Lynchburg and whooped on Liberty looked like the team in Fargo "back in the day" haha.

walliver
November 22nd, 2016, 08:50 AM
It should be an interesting game. Both teams have had extensive QB injuries. Wofford triple option often looks more like the old Woody Hayes "3 yards and a cloud of dust" offense (3 yards/play x 4 plays = first down). I suspect the game comes down to turnovers and penalties. Turnovers allowed Citadel to come back. Penalties stopped a number of drives at Samford. Last week against VMI, we had two interceptions, one a pick 6, called back due to penalties.

I am hopeful for this game. This team has a lot of experience in close games against good teams this year, and in the end, I think that will be the difference. I'm not going to guess at a score, but I doubt the game will be a shoot-out.

FUBeAR
November 22nd, 2016, 08:55 AM
I agree with everything about GWU. I had them as the 2nd or 3rd best team in the conference all year. They took Citadel to the wire. Coastal to the wire. Liberty to OT. Lost to Kennesaw by 7. They were bound to sneak one in, they are easily a 7 or 8 win team with some different bounces of the ball.

Dang, with all of the Gardner Webb 'love' bubbling up, they might even be better than Reinhardt! xsmiley_wix

Bucs2016
November 22nd, 2016, 12:52 PM
I agree with everything about GWU. I had them as the 2nd or 3rd best team in the conference all year. They took Citadel to the wire. Coastal to the wire. Liberty to OT. Lost to Kennesaw by 7. They were bound to sneak one in, they are easily a 7 or 8 win team with some different bounces of the ball. Is Pitt better than Clemson? No. Like Bucs2016 said, slip ups happen. We've seen a good CSU team these past two weeks. And the team that went into Lynchburg and whooped on Liberty looked like the team in Fargo "back in the day" haha.

Exactly right. People who follow the Big South all know what kind of team GWU is. No they aren't conference championship material right now. But their style and their players have always been good enough to upset anyone on any day.

Bucs2016
November 22nd, 2016, 12:55 PM
It should be an interesting game. Both teams have had extensive QB injuries. Wofford triple option often looks more like the old Woody Hayes "3 yards and a cloud of dust" offense (3 yards/play x 4 plays = first down). I suspect the game comes down to turnovers and penalties. Turnovers allowed Citadel to come back. Penalties stopped a number of drives at Samford. Last week against VMI, we had two interceptions, one a pick 6, called back due to penalties.

I am hopeful for this game. This team has a lot of experience in close games against good teams this year, and in the end, I think that will be the difference. I'm not going to guess at a score, but I doubt the game will be a shoot-out.

Yep. I expect a real physical battle. Two great defenses. Physical offenses. Turnovers of course could be critical.

I'm picking my Bucs of course. I think a special teams play will break it open. We have a couple outright studs in Hammond and Holloway. Either can and have busted huge returns.

I'm sticking with CSU 28 Wofford 24 and a special teams play will win it for the Bucs.

Bucs2016
November 22nd, 2016, 12:57 PM
Dang, with all of the Gardner Webb 'love' bubbling up, they might even be better than Reinhardt! xsmiley_wix

Haha nah. We are just taking up for them a bit. They are absolutely not an easy game. As CSU, Liberty, Coastal and Citadel learned.

ElCid
November 22nd, 2016, 01:00 PM
Haha nah. We are just taking up for them a bit. They are absolutely not an easy game. As CSU, Liberty, Coastal and Citadel learned.

They looked pretty good against Ohio as well. I watched a bit of that game and they looked very good.

Bucs2016
November 22nd, 2016, 02:25 PM
They looked pretty good against Ohio as well. I watched a bit of that game and they looked very good.

Yeah. "Tha Webb" always has some great players and usually has a good defense. They dominated the Big South the first couple years they were in it around early 2000s. After that they've always been a team that could beat anyone any day....just never surpassed the top 2 teams in any given year.

FUBeAR
November 22nd, 2016, 03:53 PM
"Tha Webb"...dominated the Big South...just never surpassed the top 2 teams in any given year.

They didn't surpass the bottom 1 Team in the SoCon THIS given year. They were about 30 points behind them.

Bucs2016
November 22nd, 2016, 04:01 PM
They didn't surpass the bottom 1 Team in the SoCon THIS given year. They were about 30 points behind them.

Well if you wanna use common opponent comparison.....Kennesaw State and Coastal did better vs Furman and GWU than Wofford or Citadel did.

Furman lost to Citadel by 5.
Furman lost to Wofford by 7.
Furman lost to Coastal by 20.
Furman lost to Kennesaw St by 10.

So by your barometer....Coastal AND Kennesaw are better than the SoCon Champs Citadel and the SoCon playoff team Wofford.

Gardner Webb lost to Citadel by 7.
Gardner Webb lost to Kennesaw by 8.
Gardner Webb lost to Coastal by 10.

By your standard Coastal is better than Kennesaw...Kennesaw is better than Citadel....as shown by 2 common opponents in Furman and GWU. Right?

See? Your fixation on WCU beating GWU is leading to false assumptions.

Bucs2016
November 22nd, 2016, 04:07 PM

They were 30 points behind the SoCons worst team.
They were 7 points behind the SoCon Champion.

You gotta stop with this fixation on the chain of who beat who means they are better than them idea.

Furman is 5 points behind SoCon Champ Citadel.
Furman is 10 points behind Big South #3 team Kennesaw.

Thus....Kennesaw is 5 points better than the Citadel. Right?

FUBeAR
November 22nd, 2016, 05:07 PM
They were 30 points behind the SoCons worst team.
They were 7 points behind the SoCon Champion.

You gotta stop with this fixation on the chain of who beat who means they are better than them idea.

Furman is 5 points behind SoCon Champ Citadel.
Furman is 10 points behind Big South #3 team Kennesaw.

Thus....Kennesaw is 5 points better than the Citadel. Right?

Sorry - Allow me to rephrase my post...

"Tha Webb"...dominated the Big South...just never surpassed the top 2 teams in any given year.

They didn't surpass the bottom 1 Team in the SoCon THIS given year.

Bucs2016
November 22nd, 2016, 05:46 PM
Sorry - Allow me to rephrase my post...

They didn't surpass the bottom 1 Team in the SoCon THIS given year.

You still don't make sense. What does GWU performance that day vs WCU in November? By common scores....it appears Coastal and Kennesaw are better than the SoCons best.

Elcid1995
November 22nd, 2016, 06:08 PM
This Citadel fan respects CSU as a school and a football program. Their AD is more disrespectful of the football team than any Citadel fan IMHO.

I'm not the biggest fan of Chadwell. He got a little excited after our game in September 2015, made some asinine quotes in the paper and on tv. He should have displayed a little more humility after their great victory. That pissed a lot of us off. I'm over it. He got us again in the playoffs. we were coming three tough and emotional road games (UTC, South Carolina and Coastal) and we fumbled the game away and lost 14 to 6.

Chadwell motivates his team via the "lack of respect" angle. Personally, I think everyone respects CSU football so I'm not sure how much that will work.

They have a good team and except for the no show against GW, they would probably be seeded and in another bracket.

Wofford is very well coached. Sparkle City is a hard place to play, but I think CSU beats Wofford. And then we play in Charleston and I will need some Prozac.

Good luck to both Woffy and the Bucs this weekend. I will be watching. May the best team win, safe travels to the fans and coaches and safe play to the players. God Bless

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Bucs2016
November 22nd, 2016, 06:18 PM
This Citadel fan respects CSU as a school and a football program. Their AD is more disrespectful of the football team than any Citadel fan IMHO.

I'm not the biggest fan of Chadwell. He got a little excited after our game in September 2015, made some asinine quotes in the paper and on tv. He should have displayed a little more humility after their great victory. That pissed a lot of us off. I'm over it. He got us again in the playoffs. we were coming three tough and emotional road games (UTC, South Carolina and Coastal) and we fumbled the game away and lost 14 to 6.

Chadwell motivates his team via the "lack of respect" angle. Personally, I think everyone respects CSU football so I'm not sure how much that will work.

They have a good team and except for the no show against GW, they would probably be seeded and in another bracket.

Wofford is very well coached. Sparkle City is a hard place to play, but I think CSU beats Wofford. And then we play in Charleston and I will need some Prozac.

Good luck to both Woffy and the Bucs this weekend. I will be watching. May the best team win, safe travels to the fans and coaches and safe play to the players. God Bless

That's very well said and fair.

A big part of what CSU has lacked and wants is media attention from Low country media. It helps with recruiting and morale and fund raising. It is what it is...but we would NEVER get it without trying to spark some friction with the Citadel. Citadel dominates local media and for good reason.

FUBeAR
November 22nd, 2016, 07:23 PM
You still don't make sense. What does GWU performance that day vs WCU in November? By common scores....it appears Coastal and Kennesaw are better than the SoCons best.

Let's try to reverse it...

Let's say the Big South's bottom Team(s), 1-4/2-9 Presbyterian or 0-5/4-7 Monmouth (doesn't matter which; they are both BAD) curb-stomped the 3rd from the bottom Team in the SoCon, 2-6/5-6 ETSU (just as WCU did to G-W). Then, just a couple of weeks ago, that same ETSU Team beat Wofford in Spartanburg (just as G-W did to CSU).

Wouldn't that make you wonder just a little bit about how good Wofford really was playing right now?

And that's even with their fairly recent OT loss to El Cid and win over Chatt.

If, instead, the best other game they could point to (and, sorry, I just don't see wins over '1-foot-in FBS' CCU or over a middling Liberty Team as 'marquee wins') was an OT loss in August, that would REALLY make me doubt the Terriers. Thus, as Coach Willy Wonka said, "Strike that. Reverse it," I have doubts about CSU's ability to beat Wofford.

By the way, just to close out our example, Woffy didn't lose to ETSU 17-10, they beat those Bucs 31-0.

If you still don't 'buy' the logic for my doubt, go look at all the doubt surrounding Samford right now because of their loss to ETSU last week.

AggieManiac704
November 22nd, 2016, 07:24 PM
My interest levels have jumped up a couple notches. Lets see if this classic charleston matchup comes to fruition. I'd def score some tix.

Bucs2016
November 22nd, 2016, 09:44 PM
Let's try to reverse it...

Let's say the Big South's bottom Team(s), 1-4/2-9 Presbyterian or 0-5/4-7 Monmouth (doesn't matter which; they are both BAD) curb-stomped the 3rd from the bottom Team in the SoCon, 2-6/5-6 ETSU (just as WCU did to G-W). Then, just a couple of weeks ago, that same ETSU Team beat Wofford in Spartanburg (just as G-W did to CSU).

Wouldn't that make you wonder just a little bit about how good Wofford really was playing right now?

And that's even with their fairly recent OT loss to El Cid and win over Chatt.

If, instead, the best other game they could point to (and, sorry, I just don't see wins over '1-foot-in FBS' CCU or over a middling Liberty Team as 'marquee wins') was an OT loss in August, that would REALLY make me doubt the Terriers. Thus, as Coach Willy Wonka said, "Strike that. Reverse it," I have doubts about CSU's ability to beat Wofford.

By the way, just to close out our example, Woffy didn't lose to ETSU 17-10, they beat those Bucs 31-0.

If you still don't 'buy' the logic for my doubt, go look at all the doubt surrounding Samford right now because of their loss to ETSU last week.

But you're using the always flawed common opponent score comparison. If GWU is so bad...why did SoCon #1 Citadel only beat them by 7 points? Or use Furman. Furman played Coastal, Kennesaw, Wofford and Citadel. Furman almost beat Wofford and Citadel. But lost by double digits to the Big South teams.

Next...if you don't think Coastal is a legit top 20 team you're insane.

Anyway. We'll just agree to disagree.

In short....UPSETS happen dude. Michigan lost to Iowa who lost to NDSU who lost to SDSU who lost to....well....see how silly this is?

ElCid
November 22nd, 2016, 10:06 PM
But you're using the always flawed common opponent score comparison. If GWU is so bad...why did SoCon #1 Citadel only beat them by 7 points? Or use Furman. Furman played Coastal, Kennesaw, Wofford and Citadel. Furman almost beat Wofford and Citadel. But lost by double digits to the Big South teams.

In short....UPSETS happen dude. Michigan lost to Iowa who lost to NDSU who lost to SDSU who lost to....well....see how silly this is?

If you knew anything about our games against G-W and Furman, you would know that our starting QB did not start. He did play in these games, but after an injury in preseason were he got no reps, and a first game suspension, he was eased into game two (Furman) and game three (G-W). We started a RS Freshman QB in the first three games. I hear a lot about how the Citadel had close games against not great competition, but know that we had a QB playing in his first, second and third games. He did ok, but it was big time vanilla.

Furman and G-W are not bad teams. Comparing different games and common opponents only goes so far. You must look at each one differently. Teams do not exist in a static state every week. We thumped ETSU 45-10 and it could have been even worse. They just beat Samford who we played into OT. Samford also played Miss St tight. Furman played Mich St to a 15 point final. They also had some serious injuries and a QB change mid season. None of it means a whole lot when trying to compare how teams do against other earlier or later opponents. Also, comparing OOC and Conf games only goes so far as well. Motivations due to rivalries, familiarity, and history are totally different.

Bucs2016
November 22nd, 2016, 11:01 PM
If you knew anything about our games against G-W and Furman, you would know that our starting QB did not start. He did play in these games, but after an injury in preseason were he got no reps, and a first game suspension, he was eased into game two (Furman) and game three (G-W). We started a RS Freshman QB in the first three games. I hear a lot about how the Citadel had close games against not great competition, but know that we had a QB playing in his first, second and third games. He did ok, but it was big time vanilla.

Furman and G-W are not bad teams. Comparing different games and common opponents only goes so far. You must look at each one differently. Teams do not exist in a static state every week. We thumped ETSU 45-10 and it could have been even worse. They just beat Samford who we played into OT. Samford also played Miss St tight. Furman played Mich St to a 15 point final. They also had some serious injuries and a QB change mid season. None of it means a whole lot when trying to compare how teams do against other earlier or later opponents. Also, comparing OOC and Conf games only goes so far as well. Motivations due to rivalries, familiarity, and history are totally different.

I didn't mean that as a knock on Citadel. In context it was a compliment in showing how GWU played very well against a great team.

Second half of your post is 100% right. Exact point I've been making. Upsets happen. Teams change over a season. Even within a single week. Comparing common opponents truly only shows a little bit of a moment in time.

BigSouthFan
November 23rd, 2016, 01:02 AM

To CSU's credit they are playing with their RS-Freshman QB as well that entered the season as the 3rd stringer. Copeland went down against D2 Kentucky State and Mitchell has had a bevy of injuries that has held him out.

But yes, the mutual opponent theory is bull crap, nevertheless. G-W was not a terrible loss, and it was a missed pass interference call away from a win for CSU. The commentators were appalled.

FUBeAR
November 23rd, 2016, 05:53 AM

The "points" aren't my major point. I'm just mentioning them; you're seizing upon them.

The point differential is just part of the picture. And, to get all metaphorical on you, each game is a 'snapshot' in the 'movie' of a Team's season. The bad loss to a G-W Team that was boat-raced by the worst team in the SoCon, no matter how much you want to "Reinhardt-up" the Runnin' Bulldogs (BTW - for you BigSouth guys, the Reinhardt references are actually a joke about me from when Mercer played them in 2014; kind of a 'puttin' lipstick on a pig' thing), is an UGLY picture from CSU's 2016 movie. And, because I discount the wins over CCU and Liberty, I'm just having a hard time finding many Ansel Adams-type snaps in that movie.

Let's run that movie backward (always fun to do)...
Kennesaw win - lost to a Team, ETSU, that Woffy eviscerated & shut out (as mentioned)...
Liberty win - already discussed, "meh," IMO...
G-W loss - not a pretty picture, not at all...
Bucknell win - Another bottom tier SoCon Team that Woffy shut out, VMI, beat them too...
Presbyterian win - no offense, but they have NO Offense...
Albany State cancellation - flash didn't work...
CCU win - already discussed, "meh," IMO (see GaSou's & Appy's departure Seasons from SoCon for an explanation)...
Monmouth win, they lost to Presby (see above) and looked bad doing it...
FSU loss, photo of the check looks good; everything else, not so much...
Kentucky State win, hard to get too excited over beating a 4-7 D2 Team...
NDSU loss, FINALLY, a good-looking photo; but it was a loss and it was on August 27th.

I just don't see (m)any real good pics in here, while I see Woffy's wins over Chattanooga (Playoff Team), Mercer (only losses were to Playoff Teams & FBS), TTU (3rd Place in OVC) as good wins and their very close losses to Playoff Teams, The Citadel & Samford, plus their decent showing against Ole Miss as 'good' losses.

ex189
November 23rd, 2016, 06:40 AM
The best part is that the game will be decided between the lines on Saturday and all the comparisons won't mean a thing. I'm sure the Citadel is looking forward to hosting either CSU or Wofford in Charleston and I tip my hat to Coach Thompson and the Bulldogs for an excellent season. I'm so proud of what the BUCS have accomplished this year and it has been a year full of issues, some of those issues self-inflicted and some out of our control.

GO BUCS!!!!!!!!!!

JSUSoutherner
November 23rd, 2016, 07:03 AM
You know what sucks? No matter what happens, our quarterfinal matchup will be an option team. This blows. :D

ex189
November 23rd, 2016, 07:19 AM
You guys have a great atmosphere in Jacksonville on Gameday!

JSUSoutherner
November 23rd, 2016, 07:21 AM
You guys have a great atmosphere in Jacksonville on Gameday!
Thanks. You guys were a lot of fun to host. Chadwell is a hell of a coach and coaches a classy team.

*Personally rooting for you guys to beat Wofford and El Cid. Take 'em down.

BigSouthFan
November 23rd, 2016, 08:22 AM
The "points" aren't my major point. I'm just mentioning them; you're seizing upon them.

The point differential is just part of the picture. And, to get all metaphorical on you, each game is a 'snapshot' in the 'movie' of a Team's season. The bad loss to a G-W Team that was boat-raced by the worst team in the SoCon, no matter how much you want to "Reinhardt-up" the Runnin' Bulldogs (BTW - for you BigSouth guys, the Reinhardt references are actually a joke about me from when Mercer played them in 2014; kind of a 'puttin' lipstick on a pig' thing), is an UGLY picture from CSU's 2016 movie. And, because I discount the wins over CCU and Liberty, I'm just having a hard time finding many Ansel Adams-type snaps in that movie.

Let's run that movie backward (always fun to do)...
Kennesaw win - lost to a Team, ETSU, that Woffy eviscerated & shut out (as mentioned)...
Liberty win - already discussed, "meh," IMO...
G-W loss - not a pretty picture, not at all...
Bucknell win - Another bottom tier SoCon Team that Woffy shut out, VMI, beat them too...
Presbyterian win - no offense, but they have NO Offense...
Albany State cancellation - flash didn't work...
CCU win - already discussed, "meh," IMO (see GaSou's & Appy's departure Seasons from SoCon for an explanation)...
Monmouth win, they lost to Presby (see above) and looked bad doing it...
FSU loss, photo of the check looks good; everything else, not so much...
Kentucky State win, hard to get too excited over beating a 4-7 D2 Team...
NDSU loss, FINALLY, a good-looking photo; but it was a loss and it was on August 27th.

I just don't see (m)any real good pics in here, while I see Woffy's wins over Chattanooga (Playoff Team), Mercer (only losses were to Playoff Teams & FBS), TTU (3rd Place in OVC) as good wins and their very close losses to Playoff Teams, The Citadel & Samford, plus their decent showing against Ole Miss as 'good' losses.
You're another that loves to quickly for some reason write off CSU. I don't know why that's so popular on AGS but oh well. I'm sure we'll see the oh so popular Saturday evening retraction posts "I guess they were better than I thought" "Wow I was wrong" or "Wow, 'opponent' played so bad today". Oh well, it's entertaining.

ex189
November 23rd, 2016, 09:12 AM
This years team has been on a roller coaster since the season started.

1). Traveling to Fargo to play the 5 time defending National Champion (when a lot of FCS schools refused to go) and taking the Bison to OT and coming up just short.
2). Dealing with the book money issue and having to sit over 30 players over the start of the season but still able to compete during this firestorm. A firestorm that nearly everyone on this board and in the media felt shouldn't have resulted in the players having to sit out.
3). Working through the suspension of Coach Chadwell and one assistant due to making an offer to a potential recruit outside of the period allowed, where other Coaches (Dabo at Clemson as an example) just received a hand slap for a similar violation
4.) Having a 3 week break in the middle of the season, as a result of a Hurricane that basically shut down the coast.
5.) CSU has played 4 different QB's this year, not because they wanted to but because they had to yet they still won 7 games and defended their Big South Crown.

This has all been accomplished with facilities that we all will agree are subpar but this team doesn't focus on what Coastal has, what Liberty has, what North Dakota State has or what the Citadel has because when the whistle blows, it is 11 on 11 and let the best team win. I'm not sure how many other FCS schools would be as successful under these circumstances.

I can't wait for Saturday and in the event that CSU is successful, it will be time for the Citadel and if they come up short, I will be just as proud of the team and the Coaches for representing Charleston Southern University. I couldn't be happier that my son is a BUCCANEER

Thanks. You guys were a lot of fun to host. Chadwell is a hell of a coach and coaches a classy team.

Elcid1995
November 23rd, 2016, 09:13 AM
I have CSU as a favorite to win the SC bracket. Hope the Dogs can prove me wrong.

citdog
November 23rd, 2016, 09:38 AM

You used Coach Cheatwell, ladson southern, and classy in the same sentence.

*Personally I think you don't want any part of The Citadel or Wofford.

citdog
November 23rd, 2016, 09:42 AM

1). Traveling to Fargo to play the 5 time defending National Champion (when a lot of FCS schools refused to go) and taking the Bison to OT and coming up just short.
2). Dealing with the book money issue and having to sit over 30 players over the start of the season but still able to compete during this firestorm. A firestorm that nearly everyone on this board and in the media felt shouldn't have resulted in the players having to sit out.
3). Working through the suspension of Coach Chadwell and one assistant due to making an offer to a potential recruit outside of the period allowed, where other Coaches (Dabo at Clemson as an example) just received a hand slap for a similar violation
4.) Having a 3 week break in the middle of the season, as a result of a Hurricane that basically shut down the coast.
5.) CSU has played 4 different QB's this year, not because they wanted to but because they had to yet they still won 7 games and defended their Big South Crown.

This has all been accomplished with facilities that we all will agree are subpar but this team doesn't focus on what Coastal has, what Liberty has, what North Dakota State has or what the Citadel has because when the whistle blows, it is 11 on 11 and let the best team win. I'm not sure how many other FCS schools would be as successful under these circumstances.

I can't wait for Saturday and in the event that CSU is successful, it will be time for the Citadel and if they come up short, I will be just as proud of the team and the Coaches for representing Charleston Southern University. I couldn't be happier that my son is a BUCCANEER

1. you lost no such thing as a moral victory

2. Cheaters gonna cheat

3. See #2

4. The Citadel played 6 days after the hurricane why couldn't ladson southern?

5. Next man up

Al Parish has your football stadium money

citdog
November 23rd, 2016, 09:44 AM
You're another that loves to quickly for some reason write off CSU. I don't know why that's so popular on AGS but oh well. I'm sure we'll see the oh so popular Saturday evening retraction posts "I guess they were better than I thought" "Wow I was wrong" or "Wow, 'opponent' played so bad today". Oh well, it's entertaining.

Not as entertaining as watching PC screw up another coaching hire.

FUBeAR
November 23rd, 2016, 11:07 AM

I like this, especially the part I bolded. Comes straight from the heart. I could tell you were the Parent of a Player before I reached the end of your post; been there and know your passion.

Good luck on Saturday. Should be a good game. Most importantly, I hope it's injury-free.

Elcid1995
November 23rd, 2016, 11:20 AM

Good luck to your son on Saturday. No injuries hopefully for either team.

The only thing I really don't like about CSU is Chadwell, and he is leaving at the end of the year.

Bucs2016
November 23rd, 2016, 11:59 AM

Your lack of knowledge is showing. Tommy Spangler has a long proven track record. Maybe it's the National Champion rings he got as a DC at Georgia Southern or the D2 top 10 rankings PC got when he was HC before that got him the job.

BigSouthFan
November 23rd, 2016, 12:00 PM
Don't remind me. Figured we would go with a young, hot named D2 head coach or FCS Coordinator.

That being said, Spangler did the best probably any HC has done at PC before running to the FBS Coordinator route. I played for him for one year. Great guy. Very knowledgeable. Will relate to the players well. I hope Spang Gang 2 is as well as the original or better.

Bucs2016
November 23rd, 2016, 12:02 PM

Deep down you're praying Wofford wins so you don't risk being 5-peated by CSU.

You're wrapped in your confederate flag for comfort and dreading the thought of it.

Bucs2016
November 23rd, 2016, 12:04 PM
Don't remind me. Figured we would go with a young, hot named D2 head coach or FCS Coordinator.

That being said, Spangler did the best probably any HC has done at PC before running to the FBS Coordinator route. I played for him for one year. Great guy. Very knowledgeable. Will relate to the players well. I hope Spang Gang 2 is as well as the original or better.

PC will be fine. Spangler is an outstanding coach and has been for 30 years. With 34 scholarships he had PC playing at an FCS level in the early to mid 2000s. He's gonna do a good job.

citdog
November 23rd, 2016, 12:49 PM
Deep down you're praying Wofford wins so you don't risk being 5-peated by CSU.

You're wrapped in your confederate flag for comfort and dreading the thought of it.

Deep down you have a major inferiority complex about ladson southern and you SHOULD. It's a joke of a college. Doesn't matter whom we play we'll show up.

I actually am wrapped in the below as it is cold in the studio today.

http://images.doba.com/products/4093/22001048_images_sha_20tpm882.jpg

With all the attempted bashing of the flag of the former Confederacy that emanates from your cock holster you are probably a carpetbagging yankee who couldn't get admission to any other school aren't you? I mean NOBODY goes to ladson southern when they have ANY other options.

citdog
November 23rd, 2016, 12:50 PM
Your lack of knowledge is showing. Tommy Spangler has a long proven track record. Maybe it's the National Champion rings he got as a DC at Georgia Southern or the D2 top 10 rankings PC got when he was HC before that got him the job.

This ain't DII and PC should have gone with someone fresh and not a retread.

Bucs2016
November 23rd, 2016, 01:26 PM
Deep down you have a major inferiority complex about ladson southern and you SHOULD. It's a joke of a college. Doesn't matter whom we play we'll show up.

I actually am wrapped in the below as it is cold in the studio today.

http://images.doba.com/products/4093/22001048_images_sha_20tpm882.jpg

With all the attempted bashing of the flag of the former Confederacy that emanates from your cock holster you are probably a carpetbagging yankee who couldn't get admission to any other school aren't you? I mean NOBODY goes to ladson southern when they have ANY other options.

Thaaaats it. Let that hate out. And yes...many people choose CSU when other options are available. For many reasons. But this is a football forum so I'll mostly stick to football and not get into why someone who wanted to attend a military college would choose a military themed one instead of the actual Army, Navy, USAF colleges.

Bucs2016
November 23rd, 2016, 01:29 PM
This ain't DII and PC should have gone with someone fresh and not a retread.

Hmmmm.

Jamey Chadwell....the coach living rent free in Citadels head, owns a 4 game win streak over them, and has taken a mediocre program with high school facilities to the top 15 programs in FCS......was a D2 and a retread. He was an assistant at CSU from 2004-2006. And....he came to CSU from D2 North Greenville after being their HC.

SOOOOO....before you knock D2 and retreads.....remember that a D2 retread is leading that Ladson Southern team that currently pays property taxes on The Citadels stadium because he's owned it for 4 years.

Oh...not to mention....the coach who turned The Citadel around, Mike Houston, was a D2 guy. As is the entire staff he brought in who still leads the program.

Bro....you need to up your intellect game regarding football.

citdog
November 23rd, 2016, 01:43 PM
Thaaaats it. Let that hate out. And yes...many people choose CSU when other options are available. For many reasons. But this is a football forum so I'll mostly stick to football and not get into why someone who wanted to attend a military college would choose a military themed one instead of the actual Army, Navy, USAF colleges.

HATE? For ladson southern??? Try again....I reserve hatred for schools that are of similar class and standing. In your line of thinking why didn't you go to a REAL college that follows the teachings of the Jewish carpenter....you know like Baylor, TCU, or Liberty???

The fact that you didn't deny being a dirty carpetbagging yankee is duly noted.

citdog
November 23rd, 2016, 01:47 PM
Hmmmm.

Jamey Chadwell....the coach living rent free in Citadels head, owns a 4 game win streak over them, and has taken a mediocre program with high school facilities to the top 15 programs in FCS......was a D2 and a retread. He was an assistant at CSU from 2004-2006. And....he came to CSU from D2 North Greenville after being their HC.

SOOOOO....before you knock D2 and retreads.....remember that a D2 retread is leading that Ladson Southern team that currently pays property taxes on The Citadels stadium because he's owned it for 4 years.

Oh...not to mention....the coach who turned The Citadel around, Mike Houston, was a D2 guy. As is the entire staff he brought in who still leads the program.

Bro....you need to up your intellect game regarding football.

Coach Cheatwell has to live in the North Area where if you can roll your trailer into the park the rent IS free. ladson southern has a hard time paying any tax at all since al parish has most of their money. Those LR guys have come in and done an excellent job but there is a reason they are not there anymore.

Bucs2016
November 23rd, 2016, 01:53 PM
HATE? For ladson southern??? Try again....I reserve hatred for schools that are of similar class and standing. In your line of thinking why didn't you go to a REAL college that follows the teachings of the Jewish carpenter....you know like Baylor, TCU, or Liberty???

The fact that you didn't deny being a dirty carpetbagging yankee is duly noted.

Haha wow @ that last sentence. You're part of that group of Citadel men still living in 1861 I see. No I didn't deny it because it's a stupid thing to even talk about. How redneck. I'm actually born and raised in upstate SC. Greenville. Not that it matters.

Next...I didn't go to CSU for religious reasons. In fact...most CSU students didn't go there for that. I went for football.

And yes...hate. Not all Citadel fans. Not even most. But some...like you...are so deeply offended that the mighty Citadel, rebel flags and child rapists and harassment of minorities and all....dares to have to compete with little ole CSU and our high school facilities!.

I guess some Citadel people expect us to "know our place" like yall have told others in the past. Well buddy...you can just consider us the Rosa Parks of FCS football. Sure...you think we belong at the back of the rankings. But no thanks. We'll take our spot right up here amongst the top 15 haha.

It's amazing how much nicer, smarter and classier Wofford, NDSU, Coastal, SC State and Liberty fans have been when little ole CSU played them compared to some Citdog types.

Bucs2016
November 23rd, 2016, 01:58 PM
Coach Cheatwell has to live in the North Area where if you can roll your trailer into the park the rent IS free. ladson southern has a hard time paying any tax at all since al parish has most of their money. Those LR guys have come in and done an excellent job but there is a reason they are not there anymore.

Hey dummy...."those LR guys" left D2 because that's what most D1 coaches did.

As for real estate comments....The Citadel offers some glorious Section 8 housing outside it's gates.....as well as some wonderful run down mid 1900s dumps that a moron can pay 800K for just to say "Look at me I live downtown". Smart Low country residents live in Mt P or other suburbs.

citdog
November 23rd, 2016, 02:03 PM
Hey dummy...."those LR guys" are still there. Brent Thompson is an LR guy (hint...he's your head coach).

As for real estate comments....The Citadel offers some glorious Section 8 housing outside it's gates.....as well as some wonderful run down mid 1900s dumps that a moron can pay 800K for just to say "Look at me I live downtown". Smart Low country residents live in Mt P or other suburbs.

Dummy??? Who is the one who can't read this sentence and extract the main idea? "Those LR guys have come in and done an excellent job but there is a reason they are not there anymore." THERE, schleprock, is LR." 'Here' is its opposite. Most people who live in Mt. Pleasant or the burbs do so because they are not "OF" Charleston but I don't expect you to know what that means.

Bucs2016
November 23rd, 2016, 02:04 PM
Ugh....all this Citadel talk and I haven't even talked about Wofford. I should be. The past 20 years THE top FCS programs in this state have been Wofford and Coastal. Not sure why I'm worried about flash in the pan underachieving Citadel.

So....to Wofford. I can't say how much respect I have for Coach Ayers and that program. He takes them from NAIA to D2 to FCS and has won SoCon titles. Amazing. I'm from the upstate and remember how locals laughed when little ole Wofford announced they're moving to D2...then D1...and look at them now.

This would be CSUs first win ever over Wofford. So I'm truly excited about the chance to get it. Can't wait to get there. I'm definitely eating at the Beacon for lunch. May sit on the hill just for fun. Not sure.

Bisonator
November 23rd, 2016, 02:08 PM
You SC boys sure are salty.xlolx

citdog
November 23rd, 2016, 02:09 PM
Haha wow @ that last sentence. You're part of that group of Citadel men still living in 1861 I see. No I didn't deny it because it's a stupid thing to even talk about. How redneck. I'm actually born and raised in upstate SC. Greenville. Not that it matters.

Next...I didn't go to CSU for religious reasons. In fact...most CSU students didn't go there for that. I went for football.

And yes...hate. Not all Citadel fans. Not even most. But some...like you...are so deeply offended that the mighty Citadel, rebel flags and child rapists and harassment of minorities and all....dares to have to compete with little ole CSU and our high school facilities!.

I guess some Citadel people expect us to "know our place" like yall have told others in the past. Well buddy...you can just consider us the Rosa Parks of FCS football. Sure...you think we belong at the back of the rankings. But no thanks. We'll take our spot right up here amongst the top 15 haha.

It's amazing how much nicer, smarter and classier Wofford, NDSU, Coastal, SC State and Liberty fans have been when little ole CSU played them compared to some Citdog types.

From the Upstate....no more need for discussion. Which mill did your grandaddy work at?? There is a place for those like you in the Low Country and ladson southern is a good fit.

Not hatred and not offended just don't care for religious fanatics or for csu.

Bucs2016
November 23rd, 2016, 02:09 PM
Dummy??? Who is the one who can't read this sentence and extract the main idea? "Those LR guys have come in and done an excellent job but there is a reason they are not there anymore." THERE, schleprock, is LR." 'Here' is its opposite. Most people who live in Mt. Pleasant or the burbs do so because they are not "OF" Charleston but I don't expect you to know what that means.

Hey you said it not me. You're the one ripping D2 coaches. You meant Coach Houston but I'll give you a pass and let you pretend that you knew Thompson was an LR guy. Your serious lack of football intellect has been shown so I don't expect much.

And yes....the classic "of Charleston". You are revealing your type more and more. You're one of those Charleston dudes. 40 years old. Still hanging at Market Street college bars. Pink polo and khakis. Belt with fish on it. Flop hair do (with bald spot bc...you're that guy). Telling every 21 year old girl she should come hang out with you "on the boat". Flashing that Citadel ring. Then getting loud at 2am and pretending your harassing some knobs again.

Oh yeah....you're "of Charleston". It's quite clear hahaha!!!

Sadly....there's a strong chance Wofford will beat us and we won't get to 5 peat on yall. Too bad.

ElCid
November 23rd, 2016, 02:11 PM
I'm definitely eating at the Beacon for lunch.

Yeah, I used to frequent that place when I was dating my wife. She went to Converse and we would go there a bunch.

Bucs2016
November 23rd, 2016, 02:13 PM
You SC boys sure are salty.xlolx

Hey man....if you lived here and saw how **SOME** Citadel people behave you'd understand. SOME of them walk around acting like they were SEALS. Just to find out....they went to Citadel and weren't in the military at all and have less experience in danger than local cops who patrol the ghetto next to campus. (Again SOME. Most are incredibly great people and very well represent that school).

- - - Updated - - -

Yeah, I used to frequent that place when I was dating my wife. She went to Converse and we would go there a bunch.

Awesome place. Ever end up at Papa Sam's at 2am near Converse?

Man....I hate that Citdog is repping your school. All schools have idiots. But he's a special one.

Bucs2016
November 23rd, 2016, 02:14 PM
From the Upstate....no more need for discussion. Which mill did your grandaddy work at?? There is a place for those like you in the Low Country and ladson southern is a good fit.

Not hatred and not offended just don't care for religious fanatics or for csu.

I see you obviously have never been to Greenville. Hint: It's bigger and nicer than Charleston. Far more white collar also. You should venture off the peninsula more often.

ex189
November 23rd, 2016, 02:15 PM
Thank you!

citdog
November 23rd, 2016, 02:15 PM
Hey you said it not me. You're the one ripping D2 coaches. You meant Coach Houston but I'll give you a pass and let you pretend that you knew Thompson was an LR guy. Your serious lack of football intellect has been shown so I don't expect much.

And yes....the classic "of Charleston". You are revealing your type more and more. You're one of those Charleston dudes. 40 years old. Still hanging at Market Street college bars. Pink polo and khakis. Belt with fish on it. Flop hair do (with bald spot bc...you're that guy). Telling every 21 year old girl she should come hang out with you "on the boat". Flashing that Citadel ring. Then getting loud at 2am and pretending your harassing some knobs again.

Oh yeah....you're "of Charleston". It's quite clear hahaha!!!

Sadly....there's a strong chance Wofford will beat us and we won't get to 5 peat on yall. Too bad.

You still don't get it. There is a reason they are no longer at LR. They were GREAT and someone smarter than you or I noticed it. I have interviewed both Houston and Thompson this year so I think I got a pretty good handle on their backgrounds.

My "Type"......HELL bro my name AIN'T Thomas Ravenel!

ex189
November 23rd, 2016, 02:16 PM
Thank you!

I like this, especially the part I bolded. Comes straight from the heart. I could tell you were the Parent of a Player before I reached the end of your post; been there and know your passion.

Good luck on Saturday. Should be a good game. Most importantly, I hope it's injury-free.

ElCid
November 23rd, 2016, 02:17 PM

xlolx

Alas, most will not get this.

citdog
November 23rd, 2016, 02:20 PM
Hey man....if you lived here and saw how **SOME** Citadel people behave you'd understand. SOME of them walk around acting like they were SEALS. Just to find out....they went to Citadel and weren't in the military at all and have less experience in danger than local cops who patrol the ghetto next to campus. (Again SOME. Most are incredibly great people and very well represent that school).

- - - Updated - - -

Awesome place.

Man....I hate that Citdog is repping your school. All schools have idiots. But he's a special one.

Again it's not your fault that you had to go to ladson southern.....There is always Grad School!

From you '16 all I can say is.....

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gVtW4O9XWL8

Good smack is good for its own sake.

citdog
November 23rd, 2016, 02:22 PM
I see you obviously have never been to Greenville. Hint: It's bigger and nicer than Charleston. Far more white collar also. You should venture off the peninsula more often.

Oh I have ventured out of the sacred land that lies betwixt the Ashley and the Cooper and far more afield than Greenvegas...

Bucs2016
November 23rd, 2016, 02:24 PM
You still don't get it. There is a reason they are no longer at LR. They were GREAT and someone smarter than you or I noticed it. I have interviewed both Houston and Thompson this year so I think I got a pretty good handle on their backgrounds.

Yes your type. Things you say are a dead give away. You're one of those cliche Charleston dudes I described. Sad. Even worse than Thomas Ravenel because at least he's rich and has a reason to act like a moron.

From living here I've come to realize there are 4 types of Citadel people.

1. Hard ass military guys who went there then joined the actual military. Awesome and we all salute them. About 30% of grads do this.
2. Guys who went there and graduated then proudly go into life and are polite and successful. Won't know they even went there unless you ask. Very humble and wonderful people.
3. Athletes. Love these guys. I was an athlete at CSU and I know how hard college sports are.
4. YOU. Your type. Keep acting like you're still there harassing knobs well into your 40s. Never truly leave the peninsula. Never went military or even police....but act like you did. Very insulting towards others. Many of this group don't actually graduate from there. There's a strong chance you weren't even a cadet but rather went to adult night classes just so you could pose as a Citadel grad downtown to try to pick up college girls. EVERY conversation...within 5 minutes....leads to you informing everyone A) You went to Citadel B) Everyone else sucks and C) You have a boat...just in case the girls wanna go out on the water. Sad.

ex189
November 23rd, 2016, 02:24 PM
Thank you. Obviously, I'm a BUC fan and in the event that the game doesn't go our way on Saturday, you can be sure that I will be rooting The Citadel on next week. It's great exposure for the Charleston area to have 2 strong FCS programs.

Good luck to your son on Saturday. No injuries hopefully for either team.

The only thing I really don't like about CSU is Chadwell, and he is leaving at the end of the year.

Bucs2016
November 23rd, 2016, 02:26 PM
xlolx

Alas, most will not get this.

Yall see they're adding Savannah to that show now?

Bucs2016
November 23rd, 2016, 02:27 PM
Thank you. Obviously, I'm a BUC fan and in the event that the game doesn't go our way on Saturday, you can be sure that I will be rooting The Citadel on next week. It's great exposure for the Charleston area to have 2 strong FCS programs.

Yeah I'll be attending next week's game either way. Hope it's us. But if not it'll still be fun to take in a playoff game.

citdog
November 23rd, 2016, 02:32 PM
Yes your type. Things you say are a dead give away. You're one of those cliche Charleston dudes I described. Sad. Even worse than Thomas Ravenel because at least he's rich and has a reason to act like a moron.

1. Hard ass military guys who went there then joined the actual military. Awesome and we all salute them. About 30% of grads do this.
2. Guys who went there and graduated then proudly go into life and are polite and successful. Won't know they even went there unless you ask. Very humble and wonderful people.
3. Athletes. Love these guys. I was an athlete at CSU and I know how hard college sports are.
4. YOU. Your type. Keep acting like you're still there harassing knobs well into your 40s. Never truly leave the peninsula. Never went military or even police....but act like you did. Very insulting towards others. Many of this group don't actually graduate from there. There's a strong chance you weren't even a cadet but rather went to adult night classes just so you could pose as a Citadel grad downtown to try to pick up college girls. Sad.

Yep I am a cliche Charleston Dude....just not any that you described. More like this

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lrhNPS4nbmQ

FUBeAR
November 23rd, 2016, 02:41 PM
Can someone please get a scoring system/spreadsheet going in this thread as they have in the Chatt. Playoff thread?

Bucs2016 has hit a couple of home runs already...

You're one of those Charleston dudes. 40 years old. Still hanging at Market Street college bars. Pink polo and khakis. Belt with fish on it. Flop hair do (with bald spot bc...you're that guy). Telling every 21 year old girl she should come hang out with you "on the boat". Flashing that Citadel ring. Then getting loud at 2am and pretending your harassing some knobs again.

Citadel...SOME of them walk around acting like they were SEALS. Just to find out....they went to Citadel and weren't in the military at all and have less experience in danger than local cops who patrol the ghetto next to campus.

...and citdog is hangin' in there also...

Bucs2016
November 23rd, 2016, 02:59 PM
Can someone please get a scoring system/spreadsheet going in this thread as they have in the Chatt. Playoff thread?

Bucs2016 has hit a couple of home runs already...

...and citdog is hangin' in there also...

Haha thanks. You and I have debated a lot. But unlike a Type 4 Citadel guy....you did so without hate or insults and could actually provide plenty of intellect to back your arguments.

And please...mine were HRs yes. But his....singles. Ground rule doubles at best.

BigSouthFan
November 23rd, 2016, 03:28 PM
Wow. I love arguements and would love to join this one but sadly I have NO clue what y'all are talking about lol.

I'll leave it at football, and call the game.

Chuck South 28
Wofford 13

Bucs2016
November 23rd, 2016, 03:33 PM
Wow. I love arguements and would love to join this one but sadly I have NO clue what y'all are talking about lol.

I'll leave it at football, and call the game.

Chuck South 28
Wofford 13

Wow. Double digits? I'd love it.

FUBeAR
November 23rd, 2016, 03:49 PM
Haha thanks. You and I have debated a lot. But unlike a Type 4 Citadel guy....you did so without hate or insults and could actually provide plenty of intellect to back your arguments.

And please...mine were HRs yes. But his....singles. Ground rule doubles at best.

Well...I have no bones to pick with the (formerly) Baptist College Buccaneers. On the other hand, as an FU Alum and former Paladin Player, I have been 'raised' to despise all things Bellhop-related since 1978. Adding to that, being the Parent of a Mercer Player (2013-15) and the Bears having lost to El Cid by a TOTAL of 5 points over the past 3 seasons...

...and it's just real hard for me to find much charity in my heart for the LuggageToters...even though I have a family of them joining my family for Thanksgiving Dinner tomorrow. I better see if Wolf is available...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oGbIVV7c2q8

Bucs2016
November 23rd, 2016, 04:29 PM
Well...I have no bones to pick with the (formerly) Baptist College Buccaneers. On the other hand, as an FU Alum and former Paladin Player, I have been 'raised' to despise all things Bellhop-related since 1978. Adding to that, being the Parent of a Mercer Player (2013-15) and the Bears having lost to El Cid by a TOTAL of 5 points over the past 3 seasons...

...and it's just real hard for me to find much charity in my heart for the LuggageToters...even though I have a family of them joining my family for Thanksgiving Dinner tomorrow. I better see if Wolf is available...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oGbIVV7c2q8

Here's the great thing about Bellhops. They take the gals out to a great dinner. Tell them all about how many pushup they did and how they so totally dressed down the sloppy freshmen. Buy em drinks. Then they have curfew. And the gals go meet the CSU football players at the club or the dorms for some fun!!! Thanks Citadel guys! Got the gals warmed up for us and we didn't spend a dime!

drpnut
November 23rd, 2016, 04:56 PM
Hey bucs2016. Y'all can't do it standing up because then you would be accused of dancing. And admin at chucktown baptist wouldn't go for that. Lol

Bucs2016
November 23rd, 2016, 05:13 PM
Hey bucs2016. Y'all can't do it standing up because then you would be accused of dancing. And admin at chucktown baptist wouldn't go for that. Lol

Haha that's a good one

JSUSoutherner
November 23rd, 2016, 05:19 PM

Oh please, I'm more worried about EWU's red turf than I am some gimmicky option team from the SuCon.

Bucs2016
November 23rd, 2016, 05:28 PM
Oh please, I'm more worried about EWU's red turf than I am some gimmicky option team from the SuCon.

Yeah. I honestly don't see any of the 3 beating JSU. We gave it our best shot last year but you guys just had too much firepower. And I just don't see a pure triple option team winning at Jax State.

JSUSoutherner
November 23rd, 2016, 05:38 PM
Yeah. I honestly don't see any of the 3 beating JSU. We gave it our best shot last year but you guys just had too much firepower. And I just don't see a pure triple option team winning at Jax State.
The only team I'm legitimately afraid of on our side of the bracket is EWU because of their air game. We have a good secondary but I don't think we could win a shootout.

The way our defense is playing there isn't a running team in the country I don't think we could beat.

Anyway back to to the game at hand. How well has Chuck Souths defense been playing lately? Are they improved from the unit we saw I. Fargo at the beginning of the season? I haven't seen the Bucs play since that game.

Bucs2016
November 23rd, 2016, 07:53 PM
The only team I'm legitimately afraid of on our side of the bracket is EWU because of their air game. We have a good secondary but I don't think we could win a shootout.

The way our defense is playing there isn't a running team in the country I don't think we could beat.

Anyway back to to the game at hand. How well has Chuck Souths defense been playing lately? Are they improved from the unit we saw I. Fargo at the beginning of the season? I haven't seen the Bucs play since that game.

Well....depends. Our problem has been consistency. It's been a weird year. The NDSU opener followed by an abysmal D2 opponent...then to Florida State and the 35 suspensions...then Coastal (great win) seemed to show we were ready for the long run. BUT...then a hurricane hit. And we had 21 days without a game. Then, no offense to em, but PC and Bucknell werent good opponents to wake our butts back up and we kinda were sleep walking. Bit us in the ass and GWU upset us.

However....Liberty and Kennesaw we dominated to finish off. And they're quality opponents. So who knows which version of our D shows.

I just think JSU has too much firepower for us. Especially when we start a freshman QB.

Hope we get a chance to find out though. JSU is quietly my pick to win it all.

BigSouthFan
November 24th, 2016, 01:42 AM
Well....depends. Our problem has been consistency. It's been a weird year. The NDSU opener followed by an abysmal D2 opponent...then to Florida State and the 35 suspensions...then Coastal (great win) seemed to show we were ready for the long run. BUT...then a hurricane hit. And we had 21 days without a game. Then, no offense to em, but PC and Bucknell werent good opponents to wake our butts back up and we kinda were sleep walking. Bit us in the ass and GWU upset us.

However....Liberty and Kennesaw we dominated to finish off. And they're quality opponents. So who knows which version of our D shows.

I just think JSU has too much firepower for us. Especially when we start a freshman QB.

Hope we get a chance to find out though. JSU is quietly my pick to win it all.

Weird how much more confident I am in your team than mine. I know good football when I see it. This years CSU team is better than last year's. And last year's scored almost 40 on JSU. A mark only 1 team hit on them last year. Your playmaking RB's have gotten a year better, and you got a kid in Cam Brown that's one of the best playmaking WR's in FCS. Didn't have that last year.

If CSU's defense comes to play, could be very interesting. I wouldn't be too worried about the first two option teams, it's what comes after that, that I would worry about. They struggle when they get spread out. The reason Coastal scored so much and teams like NDSU and Kennesaw scored so little. Two different offenses yes, but you guys are damn good against the run is what I'm trying to say.

citdog
November 24th, 2016, 02:31 AM

Gimmicky? Exactly what is "gimmicky" about everyone knowing what is coming and you still can't stop it? SuCon? Please remind me how many teams your little conference placed in the playoff field again??? I forget.

citdog
November 24th, 2016, 02:35 AM
Still waiting for an answer as to how The Citadel was able to play a home game in front of 15,000 fans 6 days after the hurricane and ladson southern somehow couldn't play for 3 weeks? Did Coach Cheatwell need more cheating time???

JSUSoutherner
November 24th, 2016, 02:52 AM
Gimmicky? Exactly what is "gimmicky" about everyone knowing what is coming and you still can't stop it? SuCon? Please remind me how many teams your little conference placed in the playoff field again??? I forget.
Just one. One that happens to be 4-0 vs SoCon champs since Crowe left.

citdog
November 24th, 2016, 03:02 AM
Just one. One that happens to be 4-0 vs SoCon champs since Crowe left.

Too bad Jack Crowe isn't your Coach. The 'Dogs got him fired once already.

JSUSoutherner
November 24th, 2016, 03:08 AM
Too bad Jack Crowe isn't your Coach. The 'Dogs got him fired once already.
We would be 6-5 and staying home next weekend if he was still our coach. xlolx

CSU18
November 24th, 2016, 07:16 AM
Still waiting for an answer as to how The Citadel was able to play a home game in front of 15,000 fans 6 days after the hurricane and ladson southern somehow couldn't play for 3 weeks? Did Coach Cheatwell need more cheating time???

Slow down bud - we played on Oct 1, game on Oct 6 was cancelled, the following week was a Bye, and we didn't play again until Oct 22.

FUBeAR
November 24th, 2016, 08:32 AM
This years CSU team is better than last year's.

I don't see "better than" here. I see that a case could, perhaps, be made for "almost as good."
Please elaborate. Why is the 2016 CSU Team better than the 2015 CSU Team?

2015 Charleston Southern Football Schedule

OVERALL
PCT.
CONF.
PCT.
HOME
AWAY
NEUTRAL

10-3
6-0
6-0
4-2
0-1

YDS
RUSH
PASS
PTS/GAME
YDS ALLOWED
RUSH ALLOWED
PASS ALLOWED
PTS ALLOWED/GAME

Thu., Sep. 03
North Greenville
W, 41-14

Sat., Sep. 12
at Troy
L, 44-16

Thu., Sep. 17
East Tenn. St.
W, 47-7

Sat., Sep. 26
at Citadel
W, 33-20

Sat., Oct. 10
Monmouth *
W, 37-7

Sat., Oct. 17
at Presbyterian *
W, 10-7

Sat., Oct. 24
at Gardner-Webb *
W, 34-0

Sat., Oct. 31
Coastal Caro. *
W, 33-25

Sat., Nov. 07
at Kennesaw State *
W, 28-14

Sat., Nov. 14
Liberty *
W, 31-24

Sat., Nov. 21
at Alabama
L, 56-6

Sat., Dec. 05
Citadel %
W, 14-6

Fri., Dec. 11
vs. Jacksonville St. % @ FCS Playoffs - Quarterfinals
L, 58-38

* Conference
% Postseason
Bold: Home event

2016 Charleston Southern Football Schedule

OVERALL
PCT.
CONF.
PCT.
HOME
AWAY
NEUTRAL

7-3
4-1
4-1
3-2
0-0

YDS
RUSH
PASS
PTS/GAME
YDS ALLOWED
RUSH ALLOWED
PASS ALLOWED
PTS ALLOWED/GAME

Sat., Aug. 27
at North Dakota St.
L, 24-17

Sat., Sep. 03
Kentucky St.
W, 57-7

Sat., Sep. 10
at Florida St.
L, 52-8

Sat., Sep. 24
at Monmouth *
W, 35-7

Sat., Oct. 01
at Coastal Caro.
W, 59-58

Sat., Oct. 22
Presbyterian *
W, 38-3

Sat., Oct. 29
Bucknell
W, 49-28

Sat., Nov. 05
Gardner-Webb *
L, 17-10

Sat., Nov. 12
at Liberty *
W, 48-26

Sat., Nov. 19
Kennesaw St. *
W, 28-7

* Conference

BigSouthFan
November 24th, 2016, 09:24 AM
I don't see "better than" here. I see that a case could, perhaps, be made for "almost as good."

OVERALL
PCT.
CONF.
PCT.
HOME
AWAY
NEUTRAL

10-3
6-0
6-0
4-2
0-1

YDS
RUSH
PASS
PTS/GAME
YDS ALLOWED
RUSH ALLOWED
PASS ALLOWED
PTS ALLOWED/GAME

Thu., Sep. 03
North Greenville
W, 41-14

Sat., Sep. 12
at Troy
L, 44-16

Thu., Sep. 17
East Tenn. St.
W, 47-7

Sat., Sep. 26
at Citadel
W, 33-20

Sat., Oct. 10
Monmouth *
W, 37-7

Sat., Oct. 17
at Presbyterian *
W, 10-7

Sat., Oct. 24
at Gardner-Webb *
W, 34-0

Sat., Oct. 31
Coastal Caro. *
W, 33-25

Sat., Nov. 07
at Kennesaw State *
W, 28-14

Sat., Nov. 14
Liberty *
W, 31-24

Sat., Nov. 21
at Alabama
L, 56-6

Sat., Dec. 05
Citadel %
W, 14-6

Fri., Dec. 11
L, 58-38

* Conference
% Postseason

OVERALL
PCT.
CONF.
PCT.
HOME
AWAY
NEUTRAL

7-3
4-1
4-1
3-2
0-0

YDS
RUSH
PASS
PTS/GAME
YDS ALLOWED
RUSH ALLOWED
PASS ALLOWED
PTS ALLOWED/GAME

Sat., Aug. 27
at North Dakota St.
L, 24-17

Sat., Sep. 03
Kentucky St.
W, 57-7

Sat., Sep. 10
at Florida St.
L, 52-8

Sat., Sep. 24
at Monmouth *
W, 35-7

Sat., Oct. 01
at Coastal Caro.
W, 59-58

Sat., Oct. 22
Presbyterian *
W, 38-3

Sat., Oct. 29
Bucknell
W, 49-28

Sat., Nov. 05
Gardner-Webb *
L, 17-10

Sat., Nov. 12
at Liberty *
W, 48-26

Sat., Nov. 19
Kennesaw St. *
W, 28-7

* Conference
Have you ever seen them play? At least on TV? I saw 3 games in person this year, 3 last year. They look like a better football team. I know its an analytics age but lay off the stats a little! We get it, you're good with numbers xlolx

If you wanna go that route, lets compare.

OOC FCS Opponent
2015: Beat Citadel, ETSU 33-20, 47-7
2016: Lost to NDSU 24-17 (OT), beat Bucknell 49-28
Pretty comparable, if not the 2016 result is better though its 1-1. Both way better opponents.

FBS Opponent(s)
2015: Lost to Alabama, Troy, 56-6, 44-16, fully staffed.
2016: Lost to FSU, 52-8, minus 30 players
Pretty meaningless but they gave FSU early issues with the walk-ons in if you watched it.

D2 Opponent(s)
2015: Beat North Greenville 41-14
2016: Beat Kentucky State 57-7
Again, meaningless, but beat who you're supposed to beat and beat them good, 2016 result on top.

Against Top Conference Competition
2015: Beat Coastal Carolina, Liberty, 33-25, 31-24
2016: Beat Coastal Carolina, Liberty, 59-58, 48-26
Who did I say was much better with more play-makers? The offense. That's 107 points against top competition.

Against Mid to Bottom Level Conference Competition
2015: Blowout of Monmouth, blowout of Gardner-Webb, 2 TDs over Kennesaw State, close/near slip up vs PC
2016: Blowout of Monmouth, blowout of PC, 3 TDs over Kennesaw State, slip up vs GWU (PI call away from a win)
I'm weighing the near slip up, a 10-7 win against PC, way worse than a game against GWU that they should of won had it not been for a terrible no call. Even without the no-call, playing PC close is way worse than barely losing to GWU.

If you break it down, 2016 looks much better than 2015.

Bucs2016
November 24th, 2016, 10:52 AM

OVERALL
PCT.
CONF.
PCT.
HOME
AWAY
NEUTRAL

10-3
6-0
6-0
4-2
0-1

YDS
RUSH
PASS
PTS/GAME
YDS ALLOWED
RUSH ALLOWED
PASS ALLOWED
PTS ALLOWED/GAME

Thu., Sep. 03
North Greenville
W, 41-14

Sat., Sep. 12
at Troy
L, 44-16

Thu., Sep. 17
East Tenn. St.
W, 47-7

Sat., Sep. 26
at Citadel
W, 33-20

Sat., Oct. 10
Monmouth *
W, 37-7

Sat., Oct. 17
at Presbyterian *
W, 10-7

Sat., Oct. 24
at Gardner-Webb *
W, 34-0

Sat., Oct. 31
Coastal Caro. *
W, 33-25

Sat., Nov. 07
at Kennesaw State *
W, 28-14

Sat., Nov. 14
Liberty *
W, 31-24

Sat., Nov. 21
at Alabama
L, 56-6

Sat., Dec. 05
Citadel %
W, 14-6

Fri., Dec. 11
L, 58-38

* Conference
% Postseason

OVERALL
PCT.
CONF.
PCT.
HOME
AWAY
NEUTRAL

7-3
4-1
4-1
3-2
0-0

YDS
RUSH
PASS
PTS/GAME
YDS ALLOWED
RUSH ALLOWED
PASS ALLOWED
PTS ALLOWED/GAME

Sat., Aug. 27
at North Dakota St.
L, 24-17

Sat., Sep. 03
Kentucky St.
W, 57-7

Sat., Sep. 10
at Florida St.
L, 52-8

Sat., Sep. 24
at Monmouth *
W, 35-7

Sat., Oct. 01
at Coastal Caro.
W, 59-58

Sat., Oct. 22
Presbyterian *
W, 38-3

Sat., Oct. 29
Bucknell
W, 49-28

Sat., Nov. 05
Gardner-Webb *
L, 17-10

Sat., Nov. 12
at Liberty *
W, 48-26

Sat., Nov. 19
Kennesaw St. *
W, 28-7

* Conference

I.have to agree with you on this. The 2016 Bucs in my opinion aren't quite as good as 2015. 2015 was a very consistent team. This year's isn't as consistent. However....2016 Bucs have at times flashed the ability to be better than 2015. But only in flahses. Like vs NDSU and Liberty, offense vs Coastal and D vs PC and KSU. I get worried about the hiccups on O vs GWU and our D giving up way too many points to Coastal and Bucknell.

Part of that is probably the QB injuries and the crazy bye week/hurricane/suspensions fiasco in midseason.

Bucs2016
November 24th, 2016, 10:58 AM

Ok. Um...because it takes 2 teams to play? Albany St had a game the next week. We didnt. And no make up date available.

See? That's how it happens.

But what about 2004??? Oh. That's the year a hurricane canceled the CSU vs Citadel game. We wanted to play it the week after season ended because neither team was in playoff.

Why didn't it? Well....Citadel looked at some common opponent scores and realized Jay Mills was turning the program around quickly. And knew the 04 Dogs...might have lost that game.

So what excuse did Citadel offer? They told CSU they couldn't because "it might rain that day and we have to put all the parade guns up for Thanksgiving holiday".

Oh. Really? Hmmmm. Parade guns huh?

FUBeAR
November 24th, 2016, 04:04 PM
Have you ever seen them play? At least on TV? I saw 3 games in person this year, 3 last year. They look like a better football team. I know its an analytics age but lay off the stats a little! We get it, you're good with numbers

Being able to copy/paste from CSU's Football website doesn't make me "good with numbers."

I've never seen CSU play in person. I did see both games with El Cid last year on TV and/or video and was able to really 'break down' the video of their 1st game with the Bellhops. I caught a little bit of their game with CCU on the tube, but I was in a bar in Charleston, drowning my sorrows with the Parents of an El Cid Player, who were celebrating their fortunes; so I can't say I was analyzing the Bucs too much that night. Was VERY impressed with the CSU Team that I 'broke down,' but less impressed with them vs. El Cid in the Playoffs. Saw most of the game with NDSU and saw some good things and some not so good.

Kinda hung up on not seeing, IMO, any 'good wins' in 2016. So...my assessment is mixed.

That's a good breakdown of the opponents each year that you did. I'm not 'buying' everything you concluded from the comparable game, but the analysis is helpful. Thanks!

What I was more wondering about around what you said is HOW are they better in 2016, side-of-the-ball-wise and/or position-wise?
I believe I've seen in this thread that they are not nearly as good at QB. What about other positions?

Bucs2016
November 24th, 2016, 07:04 PM
Being able to copy/paste from CSU's Football website doesn't make me "good with numbers."

I've never seen CSU play in person. I did see both games with El Cid last year on TV and/or video and was able to really 'break down' the video of their 1st game with the Bellhops. I caught a little bit of their game with CCU on the tube, but I was in a bar in Charleston, drowning my sorrows with the Parents of an El Cid Player, who were celebrating their fortunes; so I can't say I was analyzing the Bucs too much that night. Was VERY impressed with the CSU Team that I 'broke down,' but less impressed with them vs. El Cid in the Playoffs. Saw most of the game with NDSU and saw some good things and some not so good.

Kinda hung up on not seeing, IMO, any 'good wins' in 2016. So...my assessment is mixed.

That's a good breakdown of the opponents each year that you did. I'm not 'buying' everything you concluded from the comparable game, but the analysis is helpful. Thanks!

What I was more wondering about around what you said is HOW are they better in 2016, side-of-the-ball-wise and/or position-wise?
I believe I've seen in this thread that they are not nearly as good at QB. What about other positions?

They aren't as proven at QB. Last year's guy was a FBS transfer and proven. However our guys now in my opinion are better runners and have the potential to be as good throwing....just haven't proven it yet.

ElCid
November 24th, 2016, 09:37 PM
But what about 2004??? Oh. That's the year a hurricane canceled the CSU vs Citadel game. We wanted to play it the week after season ended because neither team was in playoff.

Why didn't it? Well....Citadel looked at some common opponent scores and realized Jay Mills was turning the program around quickly. And knew the 04 Dogs...might have lost that game.

Nice try at revisionism, but you failed utterly.

First that would have put it on the Sat of the Thanksgiving holiday. Who would want to have everyone necessary come back early for an unnecessary game?

Second, there were no common opponents that year so not sure where you were getting that. The best win you had that year was VMI. The other four wins you had were against 2 Div II, 1 NAIA, and one against a non scholly. Want to try again? Didn't think so.

Bucs2016
November 24th, 2016, 11:54 PM
Nice try at revisionism, but you failed utterly.

First that would have put it on the Sat of the Thanksgiving holiday. Who would want to have everyone necessary come back early for an unnecessary game?

Second, there were no common opponents that year so not sure where you were getting that. The best win you had that year was VMI. The other four wins you had were against 2 Div II, 1 NAIA, and one against a non scholly. Want to try again? Didn't think so.

Citadel was awful that year. CSU...much improved. Yes...CSU beat VMI. The VMI that Citadel barley beat...27-23...to end 2003. (You're right, I was wrong, it wasn't same season). The 2004 CSU team in November 2004...probably wouldve taken Citadel to the wire, and maybe won it. I was close to CSUs program then. AD and staff said Citadel folks didn't wanna play it. They were furious when Citadel gave the reason as "it might rain and we have to put the parade guns up". Huh? Really? Saying "It's Thanksgiving let's just let it go" would've been better.

And why wouldn't the 3-7 Bulldogs want to send their seniors off with a home win and win their final home game??

I remember watching the 2005 team practice in camp before the opener at Citadel. The coaching staff joked to the team that "it might rain so be ready in case Citadel cancels this thing...". CSU and Citadel were tied in the 4th until CSU lost that one 28-14 after the Dogs pulled away late. And CSU won in 2006. And the rest...is history now...as CSU has dominated the series from 2006-present.

But Citadel folks knew in 2004 that the Bucs were gonna become a problem. Which is why the infamous "it might rain and we have to store away parade guns" still lingers around as a joke at CSUs athletics complex.

UpstateBison
November 25th, 2016, 07:11 AM
Back to the Chuck South vs Wofford game tomorrow. What are the keys to the game? Besides turnovers, I think a big key is can either team complete some key passes to keep sustaining drives. I have not paid attention to the passing game of Chuck South with the QB change. Wofford typically completes a few key passes a game.

ex189
November 25th, 2016, 07:50 AM
CSU can and will pass the football tomorrow as they have an excellent down the field WR, in Kam Brown, along with a sure handed possession receiver in Colton Korn. In addition, the BUCS, utilize Mike Holloway and Darius Hammond in the passing game.

IF CSU can successful work into their offense a mix of passing and running, I think they have an excellent chance to head back down I26 with a victory.

Both defenses are extremely strong against the run, so if either team can sustain their running game, that is another key.

It should be a good game, with 2 quality teams trying to instill their will against the opponent.

Bucs2016
November 25th, 2016, 10:26 AM
Back to the Chuck South vs Wofford game tomorrow. What are the keys to the game? Besides turnovers, I think a big key is can either team complete some key passes to keep sustaining drives. I have not paid attention to the passing game of Chuck South with the QB change. Wofford typically completes a few key passes a game.

Well we have some good WRs. Korn is a senior who has been as reliable as any in the league. And the 6'4 freshman...a future star. He made a few of those big plays at NDSU in week 1.

The QBs we play now are good players and if they have time they'll throw well. I haven't studied Wofford much but they usually have very good defensive linemen and do well with blitzes. Very smart and disciplined.

I stand with the statement that it'll be special teams that win it. We have 2 returnees who are as good as any in FCS. Wofford has an excellent punter. I just see this game being broken open by the kicking game.

CID1990
November 25th, 2016, 02:17 PM
Which is why the infamous "it might rain and we have to store away parade guns" still lingers around as a joke at CSUs athletics complex.

That doesn't surprise me one bit.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

CID1990
November 25th, 2016, 02:19 PM
Wofford and CSU are pretty much a wash on defense; both are good, especially against the run.

On offense I'd give a slight edge to Wofford with that shotgun option that they run so well.

I don't think there will be more than 30 points scored in this game.

Wofford 16
CSU 13

Bucs2016
November 25th, 2016, 02:32 PM
Wofford and CSU are pretty much a wash on defense; both are good, especially against the run.

On offense I'd give a slight edge to Wofford with that shotgun option that they run so well.

I don't think there will be more than 30 points scored in this game.

Wofford 16
CSU 13

That's about right. I'm picking CSU to win...due to a kick return. We have probably the nation's best returner. Wofford 16-13? Yes. Unless we get that big return. Which I'm calling. CSU 20-13? I initially said CSU 28-24. But I'm picking lower score j9w. Wofford 16 CSU 13 is about right....wild card is whether Hammond breaks open a kick return like he has so many times in big games.

Bucs2016
November 25th, 2016, 02:35 PM
That doesn't surprise me one bit.

I mean...cmon...it is pretty funny. The parade guns? Might rain haha?

JSUSoutherner
November 25th, 2016, 02:40 PM
That's about right. I'm picking CSU to win...due to a kick return. We have probably the nation's best returner. Wofford 16-13? Yes. Unless we get that big return. Which I'm calling. CSU 20-13? I initially said CSU 28-24. But I'm picking lower score j9w. Wofford 16 CSU 13 is about right....wild card is whether Hammond breaks open a kick return like he has so many times in big games.
Is Hammond the one that gashed us like 4 times last year in the quarters? That kids a stud.

Bucs2016
November 25th, 2016, 02:46 PM
Is Hammond the one that gashed us like 4 times last year in the quarters? That kids a stud.

Yep. Might have been Holloway also. They're both about the same. One of the best RB combos in the nation. To beat Wofford we are gonna need one of them to break a kick return.

Hammond was a Mr Football final 5 in high school here in SC. Those guys are always SEC/ACC/Big10 type signees. Other 4 from his final 5 went to Georgia, Clemson, etc. SOMEHOW no one offered him. We happily took him and boy was he a steal. He would be the starting RB right now at both our FB programs here (USC and Clemson) in my opinion. I wouldn't be shocked if he's in an NFL camp next season.

ex189
November 25th, 2016, 02:56 PM
It was Hammond that had a career game in the return game last year against Jacksonville State. For the the life of me, I was sitting in the stands and everyone around kept saying, Why are we kicking it to him? He truly was the reason why we even stayed in that game last year. I think he had close to 300 yards in kick off return plus close to 100 rushing

JSUSoutherner
November 25th, 2016, 02:59 PM
It was Hammond that had a career game in the return game last year against Jacksonville State. For the the life of me, I was sitting in the stands and everyone around kept saying, Why are we kicking it to him? He truly was the reason why we even stayed in that game last year. I think he had close to 300 yards in kick off return plus close to 100 rushing
Yeah. We couldn't stop him to save our lives. We would have been 1000x better off just putting it in the end zone on every kick.

Bucs2016
November 25th, 2016, 03:01 PM

Yep. I don't see Wofford kicking to him. Citadel might because...well...Citadel wakes up in the morning wanting to repeat history. But Wofford will try not to.

Southern Bison
November 25th, 2016, 03:20 PM
Yep. I don't see Wofford kicking to him. Citadel might because...well...Citadel wakes up in the morning wanting to repeat history. But Wofford will try not to.
Bucs, you're a bit of a dumbass...

You're less than 2 months into AGS & think you're better than Citdog?

You're doing about as well as your ****ty middle school stadium so far.

Bucs2016
November 25th, 2016, 03:37 PM
Bucs, you're a bit of a dumbass...

You're less than 2 months into AGS & think you're better than Citdog?

You're doing about as well as your ****ty middle school stadium so far.

Yeah our stadium is a dump. No secret there. But yes I'm better than Citdog. It doesn't take more than 2 months to do that.

Lehigh'98
November 25th, 2016, 03:39 PM
Bucs has done some nice work here. The level 4 Cit grad stuff was hilarious and probably true.

Bucs2016
November 25th, 2016, 03:44 PM
Bucs has done some nice work here. The level 4 Cit grad stuff was hilarious and probably true.

Thank you sir. Gotta beware of those Level 4 Dogs. And best of luck to Lehigh.

Bucs2016
November 25th, 2016, 03:47 PM

4. YOU. Your type. Keep acting like you're still there harassing knobs well into your 40s. Never truly leave the peninsula. Never went military or even police....but act like you did. Very insulting towards others. Many of this group don't actually graduate from there. There's a strong chance you weren't even a cadet but rather went to adult night classes just so you could pose as a Citadel grad downtown to try to pick up college girls. EVERY conversation...within 5 minutes....leads to you informing everyone A) You went to Citadel B) Everyone else sucks and C) You have a boat...just in case the girls wanna go out on the water. Sad.

Lehigh...^^^the repost^^^...in case anyone missed the 4 Levels.

citdog
November 25th, 2016, 04:03 PM
Yeah our stadium is a dump. No secret there. But yes I'm better than Citdog. It doesn't take more than 2 months to do that.

Your stadium fits your school to a "T". Y'all don't even have a piss wall. You are not doing badly here but I'd be worried about the Terriers if I was you.

citdog
November 25th, 2016, 04:05 PM
Lehigh...^^^the repost^^^...in case anyone missed the 4 Levels.

le high people are some of the worst here. LFN is their Fonz. They are the worst kind of yankee scum.

Lehigh'98
November 25th, 2016, 04:09 PM
Nice, I knew they would start crawling out of the woodworks Buc!! Citdog might actually be a level 5.

citdog
November 25th, 2016, 04:15 PM
Nice, I knew they would start crawling out of the woodworks Buc!! Citdog might actually be a level 5.

Level me any height you want. It is still WAY better than being new jersey guido yankee scum.

Lehigh'98
November 25th, 2016, 04:18 PM
Citdog was a master knob beater in his day.

citdog
November 25th, 2016, 04:22 PM
Citdog was a master knob beater in his day.

I actually never took much of an interest in the System. I didn't particularly care for it when I was going through it and had no desire to implement it on others.

caribbeanhen
November 25th, 2016, 04:32 PM
Dutch Fork, Newberry District, SC;....... is this Citadel or Charleston So country....

citdog
November 25th, 2016, 04:51 PM
Dutch Fork, Newberry District, SC;....... is this Citadel or Charleston So country....

The Dutch Fork was settled by Germans and is in the Columbia area. In the 18th and 19th centuries Germans were referred to as "Dutchmen". Newberry is in the upper part of the State and has its own school, Newberry College, who were known as the "Indians" for a long time before the pc police put an end to that. But I can answer your question best with a picture.

http://images.footballfanatics.com/FFImage/thumb.aspx?i=/productImages/_2343000/ff_2343658_full.jpg&w=245

ALL of South Carolina is The Citadel territory!

Bucs2016
November 25th, 2016, 04:56 PM
Your stadium fits your school to a "T". Y'all don't even have a piss wall. You are not doing badly here but I'd be worried about the Terriers if I was you.

We are 0-13 vs Wofford. I know better than to talk smack to them. Or Liberty. Or Coastal. Or NDSU. Or SC State. The Citadel however.....

citdog
November 25th, 2016, 04:58 PM
We are 0-13 vs Wofford. I know better than to talk smack to them. Or Liberty. Or Coastal. Or NDSU. Or SC State. The Citadel however.....

hmmm someone has a two game winning streak vs Woffy, beat Coastal in their last ever FCS game that counted and doesn't lose to SC State......I wonder who that is???

Bucs2016
November 25th, 2016, 04:59 PM

Oh my. Level 5. Sir....that's a level we rarely speak of here. The Level 5 Citadel guy is a rare and disgusting creature which we prefer to not confirm the existence of. However...if you think we have spotted one, I may have to describe this vile mutant for the rest of the board.

Bucs2016
November 25th, 2016, 05:01 PM
The Dutch Fork was settled by Germans and is in the Columbia area. In the 18th and 19th centuries Germans were referred to as "Dutchmen". Newberry is in the upper part of the State and has its own school, Newberry College, who were known as the "Indians" for a long time before the pc police put an end to that. But I can answer your question best with a picture.

http://images.footballfanatics.com/FFImage/thumb.aspx?i=/productImages/_2343000/ff_2343658_full.jpg&w=245

You can't be the best in the state if you aren't even the best in Charleston County.

Bucs2016
November 25th, 2016, 05:02 PM
hmmm someone has a two game winning streak vs Woffy, beat Coastal in their last ever FCS game that counted and doesn't lose to SC State......I wonder who that is???

Let me guess....the team who has had their tails beat 4x in a row by little ole CSU?

Bucs2016
November 25th, 2016, 05:05 PM

Well that's close to several Confederate museums and we know The Citadel takes more pride in the Confederacy than anything else so it's probably Citadel country.

Really almost no one gives a crap about CSU outside of North Charleston except alumni. Which makes it even more embarrassing that a school with such a massive advantage in funding, history and facilities is on a 4 game losing streak to us.

Lehigh'98
November 25th, 2016, 05:09 PM
Oh my. Level 5. Sir....that's a level we rarely speak of here. The Level 5 Citadel guy is a rare and disgusting creature which we prefer to not confirm the existence of. However...if you think we have spotted one, I may have to describe this vile mutant for the rest of the board.

Go for it!!

Bucs2016
November 25th, 2016, 05:24 PM
Go for it!!

We must be sure. But I think...yes...we have spotted one of these rare Level 5 Citadel males. Ok. Here goes.

The Level 5 Citadel male. A vile disgusting creature. It is known for its extreme over compensation via the use of foul language and worship of all things confederate. On the surface...the Level 5 is nearly identical to a Level 4. Refer back to my list for that, I won't fill space rehashing 1 thru 4. What makes the Level 5 unique isn't it's outward expressions. It's the inner thoughts.

Deep down....the Level 5 was rooting for Shannon Faulkner to succeed. For The Citadel to "soften up". Why? Well...as I said...they're just like Level 4s. They still think they're there and still want to harass knobs. Heck....some level 5s even become downtown cops JUST so they can still mess with cadets.

But the level 5 has a deeper more sinister wish. To weaken the Citadel so that when they bump into newer graduates...they can harass them as being soft. That their ring wasn't earned as hard as his was. This is NOT like the famed "Old Corp" Citadel men. Most of them are honorable Level 1 and 2. They want El Cid to toughen the curriculum.

Not the level 5. This sick creature wants it weakened so he can belittle new graduates. Many Level 5s are Level 4s throughout their 20s and 30s. Then they evolve. Bragging to college chick's and harassing "civilians" isn't enough. They need...more.

The Level 5 cheered for Shannon Faulkner. He prayed the rebel flags would be removed. The Level 5 CELEBRATED when the school stopped playing Dixie at games. He was joyful every time Citadel cracked down on hazing and softened it a bit. WHY? To make him feel better than current cadets.

Yes. A Level 5 appears to be Level 4 outwardly. But internally a sinister and wicked fire burns. One that cherishes the weakening of The Citadel because it produces graduates he can look down on.

Uggggh....I didn't even go there and this monstrosity sickens me. And I believe we have spotted one in Citdog.

caribbeanhen
November 25th, 2016, 05:25 PM

thanks for the history, apparently one of my cash strapped predecessors who was supposedly of Sweedish decent sold the place and moved to Georgia... next time I'm through SC I'll have to swing by....

citdog
November 25th, 2016, 05:33 PM
We must be sure. But I think...yes...we have spotted one of these rare Level 5 Citadel males. Ok. Here goes.

The Level 5 Citadel male. A vile disgusting creature. It is known for its extreme over compensation via the use of foul language and worship of all things confederate. On the surface...the Level 5 is nearly identical to a Level 4. Refer back to my list for that, I won't fill space rehashing 1 thru 4. What makes the Level 5 unique isn't it's outward expressions. It's the inner thoughts.

Deep down....the Level 5 was rooting for Shannon Faulkner to succeed. For The Citadel to "soften up". Why? Well...as I said...they're just like Level 4s. They still think they're there and still want to harass knobs. Heck....some level 5s even become downtown cops JUST so they can still mess with cadets.

But the level 5 has a deeper more sinister wish. To weaken the Citadel so that when they bump into newer graduates...they can harass them as being soft. That their ring wasn't earned as hard as his was. This is NOT like the famed "Old Corp" Citadel men. Most of them are honorable Level 1 and 2. They want El Cid to toughen the curriculum.

Not the level 5. This sick creature wants it weakened so he can belittle new graduates.

The Level 5 cheered for Shannon Faulkner. He prayed the rebel flags would be removed. The Level 5 CELEBRATED when the school stopped playing Dixie at games. He was joyful every time Citadel cracked down on hazing and softened it a bit.

Yes. A Level 5 appears to be Level 4 outwardly. But internally a sinister and wicked fire burns. One that cherishes the weakening of The Citadel because it produces graduates he can look down on.

Uggggh....I didn't even go there and this monstrosity sickens me.

Nobody was happy with the SCOTUS ruling and what had to happen to the System because of it. Opinions were mixed on the playing of "Dixie" but no one can deny that those days were special and we haven't had the same spirit at the games since the band quit playing that song. When there were 20,000 people at The General and the band struck up that song the roar was DEAFENING and if you are Southern gave you a tingling sensation up your back. Scalawags like you, and OL FU, have never and will never understand that school.

Bucs2016
November 25th, 2016, 05:39 PM
Nobody was happy with the SCOTUS ruling and what had to happen to the System because of it. Opinions were mixed on the playing of "Dixie" but no one can deny that those days were special and we haven't had the same spirit at the games since the band quit playing that song. When there were 20,000 people at The General and the band struck up that song the roar was DEAFENING and if you are Southern gave you a tingling sensation up your back. Scalawags like you, and OL FU, have never and will never understand that school.

Ah yes. We dont. And i bet 2015 graduates dont get it either. At least not how it used to be, right? And you will cherish telling them that Dec 3rd at the tailgate......Behold my friends....A Level 5 in action.

Bucs2016
November 25th, 2016, 05:42 PM
Ah yes. We dont. And i bet 2015 graduates dont get it either. At least not how it used to be, right? And you will cherish telling them that Dec 3rd at the tailgate......Behold my friends....A Level 5 in action.

***you haven't had the same spirit because the team usually lost, not because of some redneck song. Next week hosting a playoff game I bet the spirit will be just fine***

citdog
November 25th, 2016, 05:44 PM

No they don't and that isn't always a bad thing. Some things needed to change and some things didn't. Believe it or not not everyone who wore that uniform can be placed into neat little compartmentalized categories that make it easy for those like you that have the brainpower of a gnat to understand.

citdog
November 25th, 2016, 05:47 PM
***you haven't had the same spirit because the team usually lost, not because of some redneck song. Next week hosting a playoff game I bet the spirit will be just fine***

Redneck is a pejorative not unlike the "N-Word" and is condescending and a put down of your own people and it is not funny. Why is it acceptable to mock us with terms like that but not ok for others to be mocked?

There is a huge difference and the only thing different is the lack of the song at home games.

Bucs2016
November 25th, 2016, 05:53 PM
No they don't and that isn't always a bad thing. Some things needed to change and some things didn't. Believe it or not not everyone who wore that uniform can be placed into neat little compartmentalized categories that make it easy for those like you that have the brainpower of a gnat to understand.

^^^OK folks...get out your binoculars. This is clearly a Level 5. A rare site. Remember...DO NOT feed the creatures and above all else DO NOT make direct eye contact. They have been know to consider this an invitation to mate.

Bucs2016
November 25th, 2016, 05:56 PM
Redneck is a pejorative not unlike the "N-Word" and is condescending and a put down of your own people and it is not funny. Why is it acceptable to mock us with terms like that but not ok for others to be mocked?

There is a huge difference and the only thing different is the lack of the song at home games.

1. I don't care what words are offensive. I don't have "a people". I'm one person.
2. If your schools spirit at home games raises and falls so easily based on 1 silly song...then yall got problems. Our fans spirit rises and falls with wins and losses. Like 99% of fans.

citdog
November 25th, 2016, 07:36 PM
^^^OK folks...get out your binoculars. This is clearly a Level 5. A rare site. Remember...DO NOT feed the creatures and above all else DO NOT make direct eye contact. They have been know to consider this an invitation to mate.

And you are clearly a level 5 douchenozzle

citdog
November 25th, 2016, 07:37 PM
I don't have "a people". I'm one person. .

Then you, Bro, are lost and I feel sorry for you.

NDSUtk
November 25th, 2016, 07:49 PM
Holy hell this is way better than SHSU and Chatty. Kingpin, you picked the wrong game to countdown!!!

Sent from my Nexus 5X using Tapatalk

BisonFan02
November 25th, 2016, 08:27 PM
****, this thread delivers.

JSUSoutherner
November 25th, 2016, 08:43 PM
****, this thread delivers.

It's not delivery, it's DiGiorno...

Man, that joke was cheesy. :D

Bucs2016
November 25th, 2016, 08:55 PM
Then you, Bro, are lost and I feel sorry for you.

No. It means I have me and my family and that's my "people". I don't tie my identity to a race and certainly don't tie it to slave owners "of Charleston" from the 1800s. You can have that.

Bucs2016
November 25th, 2016, 09:00 PM
Holy hell this is way better than SHSU and Chatty. Kingpin, you picked the wrong game to countdown!!!

Sent from my Nexus 5X using Tapatalk

And the game may not even happen. Wofford may beat us. Which I'd hate but at least it would be to Wofford...an established playoff contender who we are 0-13 against and not a flash in the pan Citadel team who struggles to hang with CSU and our middle school stadium. They were founded to stop slave rebellions. Too bad they can't stop good running backs and kick returners like they used to squash Denmark Veseys quest to free black servants in Old Charleston.

CID1990
November 26th, 2016, 08:18 AM
I mean...cmon...it is pretty funny. The parade guns? Might rain haha?

It doesnt surprise me that people over there still talk about it.

Like old uncle Joe still talks about Gettysburg and if we'd only gone around the right

CID1990
November 26th, 2016, 08:19 AM

I didn't include the intangibles like Wofford turnovers. I think that will be the difference in the game. If Wofford is -2 they will lose.

Bucs2016
November 26th, 2016, 09:26 AM
I didn't include the intangibles like Wofford turnovers. I think that will be the difference in the game. If Wofford is -2 they will lose.

Yep. Turnovers will be critical.

Bucs2016
November 26th, 2016, 09:29 AM

Like old uncle Joe still talks about Gettysburg and if we'd only gone around the right

I mean is not a daily thing. But people talk about lots of stuff from the past, like all fans and programs. Talked to some guys who played from 1997 to 2000. Man...the way they lost some of those games you can't even make up. The story of the 1997 SC State and 2000 Samford games were unreal. Haunts them to this day. I'm sure at the Citadel there are plenty of stories tossed around from the past on those sleepy April midweek days in the athletic facility.

citdog
November 26th, 2016, 09:35 AM

Uncle Joe was right!

Southern Bison
November 26th, 2016, 09:42 AM
https://media.giphy.com/media/gKX1svtHZl6dW/giphy-facebook_s.jpg

Southern Bison
November 26th, 2016, 09:50 AM
Southbound on 85...should be tailgating by noon!

Southern Bison
November 26th, 2016, 11:33 AM
The Bison have arrived!http://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20161126/3771482700536507075e6dd81e342e97.jpg

Southern Bison
November 26th, 2016, 12:57 PM
It's a beautiful fall day in SC...about 60° with a breeze coming from left to right on your computer screens. A rather weak showing of Wofford fans. I'd estimate 300 fans on the home side & a few more than that on the CSU side.

Southern Bison
November 26th, 2016, 01:01 PM
Myself and Upstate Bison will be sending out the highlights throughout todays game.

Southern Bison
November 26th, 2016, 01:04 PM
CSU will kickoff...and the FCS playoffs are underway!

BullDog85
November 26th, 2016, 01:05 PM
Just saw a pan shot of the visitors stands at Wofford...where's the great fan support for CSU? Church is not until Sunday.

BullDog85
November 26th, 2016, 01:06 PM
Wofford fans must still be tailgating....

Southern Bison
November 26th, 2016, 01:13 PM
Bucs2016 has yet to introduce himself...meanwhile, Wofford & CSU trade punts in their first possessions.

Southern Bison
November 26th, 2016, 01:26 PM
CSU inside the 5 yd line. 2:41 1Q

Southern Bison
November 26th, 2016, 01:29 PM
TD pass to the corner for CSU. EP good

CSU 7
Wofford 0
1Q 1:41

BullDog85
November 26th, 2016, 01:34 PM
Wofford D did not look so good in that last series.

Southern Bison
November 26th, 2016, 01:37 PM
End of 1st Quarter...Upstate Bison has polished off half a bottle of Crown Apple.

Meanwhile, CSU leads 7-0 after 15 minutes.

BullDog85
November 26th, 2016, 01:39 PM
Chatty 14 Weber 0 1st half

Southern Bison
November 26th, 2016, 01:58 PM
Wofford with 1-yd TD run. EP wide left.

CSU 7
Wofford 6
9:09 2Q

Southern Bison
November 26th, 2016, 01:58 PM
Chatty 14 Weber 0 1st half
Wrong thread.

Southern Bison
November 26th, 2016, 02:06 PM
Teams trade punts...CSU starts the drive at their own 24.

Still 7-6 CSU
2Q 5:36

Southern Bison
November 26th, 2016, 02:10 PM
Wofford blocks CSU punt...1st & goal at CSU 2.

Southern Bison
November 26th, 2016, 02:15 PM
CSU holds on run on 4th & inches. Turnover on downs by Wofford

Wofford 6
CSU 7
2Q 2:54

Southern Bison
November 26th, 2016, 02:18 PM
Wofford sacks CSU QB in endzone for a safety

Wofford 8
CSU 7
2Q 2:19

Southern Bison
November 26th, 2016, 02:23 PM
Wofford squanders short field and punts with 1:11 left in half. CSU TO.

Southern Bison
November 26th, 2016, 02:54 PM
CSU gets a 51-yd run and sets up the QB keeper for a TD.

CSU 14
Wofford 8
3Q 12:15

Southern Bison
November 26th, 2016, 03:19 PM
Class from both teams as an injured Wofford player leaves the field on a cart.

Southern Bison
November 26th, 2016, 03:25 PM
Wofford scores on TD run up the middle. EP good.

CSU 14
Wofford 15
3Q 2:32

Southern Bison
November 26th, 2016, 03:31 PM
End of 3rd
CSU 14
Wofford 15

Southern Bison
November 26th, 2016, 03:38 PM
INT for Wofford as CSU was driving.

4Q 14:00

Bison Fan in NW MN
November 26th, 2016, 03:51 PM
Having no passing game hurts Wofford in 3rd and long.

Southern Bison
November 26th, 2016, 04:07 PM
INT by Wofford as CSU drives for a game-winning FG. Returned to the CSU 29.

4Q 1:09

Drblankstare
November 26th, 2016, 04:08 PM
Huge pick for Wofford. Should end it

Southern Bison
November 26th, 2016, 04:12 PM
Wofford wins with a victory formation.

CID1990
November 26th, 2016, 04:13 PM
Wofford earned their rematch.

Drblankstare
November 26th, 2016, 04:17 PM
I took a beating today in the bracket. Congrats Terriers

Ivytalk
November 26th, 2016, 04:17 PM
Congrats to the gritty Terriers!

FargoBison
November 26th, 2016, 04:23 PM
Sucks that regionalization forced two of the better teams in this round to play each other. Nice win Wofford and congrats on a solid season CSU.

Bucs2016
November 26th, 2016, 04:24 PM
Wofford earned their rematch.

Yes they did. Outstanding defensive performance by Wofford. This one hurts bad. We blew 3 opportunities to score. Gave me a safety
. Lost by 1. UGH.

walliver
November 26th, 2016, 05:07 PM
Great game.
I hope we have enough linebackers to play next week.
CSU is very much improved since the last time we played them.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Bucs2016
November 26th, 2016, 05:15 PM
Great game.
I hope we have enough linebackers to play next week.
CSU is very much improved since the last time we played them.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Just made a thread congratulating you guys.

Wofford and CSU shouldn't have been matched in first round. We are both better than a lot of the others in this playoff. This bracket is by far the toughest with CSU, Wofford, Citadel, Jax State, etc.

Good luck next week. Yall got a hell of a team!

citdog
November 26th, 2016, 05:21 PM
Nice win for Wofford. We'll beat the hell out of one another at The General next Sat.

longtimemocfan
November 26th, 2016, 05:45 PM
Congrats on Win Wofford... Run defense strong again.

GoldandBlack
November 26th, 2016, 05:45 PM
Nice win for Wofford. We'll beat the hell out of one another at The General next Sat.

That's the way it usually works- don't see it being any different next week.

Helluva bracket.

Bucs2016
November 26th, 2016, 05:57 PM
I didn't follow Wofford any this year so I don't know how they were before. But TODAY Wofford had 3 All Americans on their D line. Dudes played like it anyway. Incredible day by those dudes.

dungeonjoe
November 26th, 2016, 07:16 PM

Looking forward to it. Young Terrier and I have been amused by your antics this week. Stay serene if not sober.:)

FUBeAR
November 26th, 2016, 07:23 PM
Any update on Lincoln Stewart's condition?

dungeonjoe
November 26th, 2016, 07:32 PM
Any update on Lincoln Stewart's condition?

just saw a vdeo of Coach Ayers at the post-game press conference: "Thank God Lincoln is alright."

OL FU
November 26th, 2016, 07:45 PM
Looking forward to it. Young Terrier and I have been amused by your antics this week. Stay serene if not sober.:)

xlolxYou have met citdog

dungeonjoe
November 26th, 2016, 07:52 PM
xlolxYou have met citdog I haven't seen him with his new liver yet or with his diploma from the Mrs. Maples' Charm School for The UnReconstructed.

Reign of Terrier
November 26th, 2016, 07:55 PM
In honesty, I don't think we'll win next week. As our great as our defense played today we lost one, possibly two inside linebackers. We had 5 the first time against The Citadel, now we're down to 2, maybe 3 if we're lucky. Our DL is the best in the Socon in my opinion (3 300 lbers) but I would be surprised if we saw the repeat of last month against the Citadel simply because our linebackers are so depleted (you could kind of tell in the fourth quarter). At this point, every win is just gravy, this team wasn't expected to be as good as it was (should be picked top 2-3 next year with as many we got coming back next year).

Unless the Citadel depleted their good luck for the season and just has a bad game with turnovers and the like, we shouldn't be favored.

PantherRob82
November 26th, 2016, 08:11 PM
A big "f you" to all the people who whined about Charleston Southern being too low in my poll the back half of the season. xlolx

citdog
November 26th, 2016, 08:14 PM
xlolxYou have met citdog

A big "f you" to all the people who whined about Charleston Southern being too low in my poll the back half of the season. xlolx

Wofford is pretty damn good. There ain't a single MVFC team that would be ashamed to call the Terrier defense their own.

PantherRob82
November 26th, 2016, 08:16 PM
Wofford is pretty damn good. There ain't a single MVFC team that would be ashamed to call the Terrier defense their own.

That doesn't make CSU a top 15 team. No knocks on Wofford.

Bucs2016
November 26th, 2016, 08:46 PM
That doesn't make CSU a top 15 team. No knocks on Wofford.

Right now Wofford and CSU are both top 20, probably top 15. These 2 teams shouldn't have been matched in 1st round.

PantherRob82
November 26th, 2016, 08:49 PM
Right now Wofford and CSU are both top 20, probably top 15. These 2 teams shouldn't have been matched in 1st round.

xlolx

Bucs2016
November 26th, 2016, 08:56 PM
xlolx

Just my opinion. Both are clear top 20 teams right now. I don't think that's a stretch at all.

PantherRob82
November 26th, 2016, 09:06 PM
Just my opinion. Both are clear top 20 teams right now. I don't think that's a stretch at all.

Your 2 good losses, 0 good wins, 1 bad loss and elimination from the playoffs are great proof.

Bucs2016
November 26th, 2016, 09:11 PM
Your 2 good losses, 0 good wins, 1 bad loss and elimination from the playoffs are great proof.

So all of a sudden beating Coastal Carolina isn't a good win? Hmmm. And Kennesaw State was a top 25 team in the final week when we beat them. Guess beating ranked teams means nothing now also.

PantherRob82
November 26th, 2016, 09:13 PM
So all of a sudden beating Coastal Carolina isn't a good win? Hmmm. And Kennesaw State was a top 25 team in the final week when we beat them. Guess beating ranked teams means nothing now also.

Ranked in a garbage poll. What makes Coastal a good win? Their close loss to Jax St? Their win over Lamar?

Bucs2016
November 26th, 2016, 09:18 PM
Ranked in a garbage poll. What makes Coastal a good win? Their close loss to Jax St? Their win over Lamar?

So you're arguing Coastal isn't a good team now? Are you a Chattanooga fan or UNI?

PantherRob82
November 26th, 2016, 09:23 PM
So you're arguing Coastal isn't a good team now? Are you a Chattanooga fan or UNI?

I'm a fan of whoever plays SHSU next at the moment.

I found this post amusing:
http://www.anygivensaturday.com/showthread.php?187541-SOCON-Predictions-and-Power-Rankings-Week-9&p=2400168#post2400168

Bucs2016
November 26th, 2016, 09:26 PM
I'm a fan of whoever plays SHSU next at the moment.

I found this post amusing:
http://www.anygivensaturday.com/showthread.php?187541-SOCON-Predictions-and-Power-Rankings-Week-9&p=2400168#post2400168

Ah yes. Very rude of me. It was 100% a knock on Citadel. We blew our game today vs the SoCons best team. That's on us.

Hmmm. Saw your avatar of Chatty. And I had to ask...who are THEIR good wins since we're ripping CSUs.

JaxSinfonian
November 26th, 2016, 09:37 PM
So all of a sudden beating Coastal Carolina isn't a good win?

Nothing sudden about that point of view on this board.

Bucs2016
November 26th, 2016, 09:41 PM
Nothing sudden about that point of view on this board.

Why? Coastal is a VERY GOOD team. One of the better programs in FCS over the last 7 to 10 years.

Mocs123
November 26th, 2016, 09:56 PM
Congrats to Wofford!

Bucs2016
November 26th, 2016, 10:01 PM
Congrats to Wofford!

They're a dang good team. Very underrated this year for some reason.

PantherRob82
November 26th, 2016, 10:14 PM
Ah yes. Very rude of me. It was 100% a knock on Citadel. We blew our game today vs the SoCons best team. That's on us.

Hmmm. Saw your avatar of Chatty. And I had to ask...who are THEIR good wins since we're ripping CSUs.

They didn't have any either.

- - - Updated - - -

Why? Coastal is a VERY GOOD team. One of the better programs in FCS over the last 7 to 10 years.

That did NOTHING this year. Just like CSU.xthumbsupx

Bucs2016
November 26th, 2016, 10:17 PM
They didn't have any either.

- - - Updated - - -

That did NOTHING this year. Just like CSU.xthumbsupx

So all these teams who did nothing and beat no one.

Who DID? Not everyone is NDSU ya know? Sounds like you don't think any teams in the South played anyone or did anything. Did Jax State and Citadel have any good wins?

PantherRob82
November 26th, 2016, 10:29 PM
So all these teams who did nothing and beat no one.

Who DID? Not everyone is NDSU ya know? Sounds like you don't think any teams in the South played anyone or did anything. Did Jax State and Citadel have any good wins?

Meh. There's a reason why The Citadel was seeded where they were. They at least won their games. They didn't get Gardner-Webb'd. Jacksonville State, not sure what they did to earn that seed. They at least won their games as well.

Bucs2016
November 26th, 2016, 10:39 PM
Meh. There's a reason why The Citadel was seeded where they were. They at least won their games. They didn't get Gardner-Webb'd. Jacksonville State, not sure what they did to earn that seed. They at least won their games as well.

Fair enough. I never said we should've had a seed. Just said we are among the 20 best teams. Near the bottom of that 20. But in that group.

PaladinFan
November 27th, 2016, 04:39 AM
Without rehashing a bunch of posts - is there any word on Lincoln Stewart?

FUBeAR
November 27th, 2016, 04:43 AM
Without rehashing a bunch of posts - is there any word on Lincoln Stewart?

A couple of people posted that Coach Ayers said in his post-game press conference that he is all right.

CID1990
November 27th, 2016, 07:37 AM

Your team lost, chattown. Whether it was to the #1 or #2 team in the SoCon, well, we'll settle that for sure next week.

Bucs2016
November 27th, 2016, 11:29 AM
Your team lost, chattown. Whether it was to the #1 or #2 team in the SoCon, well, we'll settle that for sure next week.

Yes. We did. I'm sure Citadel will send Wofford a thank you card before the weeks Wofford vs Citadel prep begins.

I'll leave the 2016 season with the last sentence Coach Chadwell said in his post game conference: "Charleston Southern will be back, write it down."

CID1990
November 27th, 2016, 12:03 PM
Yes. We did. I'm sure Citadel will send Wofford a thank you card before the weeks Wofford vs Citadel prep begins.

I'll leave the 2016 season with the last sentence Coach Chadwell said in his post game conference: "Charleston Southern will be back, write it down."

I think you'll find that most of us would rather have played CSU - I know that doesn't fit into your fantasy world where El Cid fans are continually obsessed with and/or somehow afraid of Baptist, but your team is more mistake prone on offense than Wofford and our defense matches up better against CSU's style of play than it does with Wofford's.

Maybe next year CSU will do what they need to to avoid a first round game.

citdog
November 27th, 2016, 12:10 PM
I think you'll find that most of us would rather have played CSU - I know that doesn't fit into your fantasy world where El Cid fans are continually obsessed with and/or somehow afraid of Baptist, but your team is more mistake prone on offense than Wofford and our defense matches up better against CSU's style of play than it does with Wofford's.

Yep. I REALLY didn't want to see Wofford again in 2016. Would have MUCH rather played ladson southern.

CID1990
November 27th, 2016, 12:11 PM
In honesty, I don't think we'll win next week. As our great as our defense played today we lost one, possibly two inside linebackers. We had 5 the first time against The Citadel, now we're down to 2, maybe 3 if we're lucky. Our DL is the best in the Socon in my opinion (3 300 lbers) but I would be surprised if we saw the repeat of last month against the Citadel simply because our linebackers are so depleted (you could kind of tell in the fourth quarter). At this point, every win is just gravy, this team wasn't expected to be as good as it was (should be picked top 2-3 next year with as many we got coming back next year).

Unless the Citadel depleted their good luck for the season and just has a bad game with turnovers and the like, we shouldn't be favored.

Lol sandbagger

Wofford' defense was playing plenty stout at the end of the game yesterday. I think your defense will be fine. We've run out of luck at least 5 times this season. The question is whether we can keeping making our own when it runs out.

citdog
November 27th, 2016, 12:14 PM
Young Terrier ain't so young anymore and it sounds like he is at McNeese and not Woffy.

http://www.rogueturtle.com/articles/images/sandbags8.jpg

Reign of Terrier
November 27th, 2016, 07:26 PM
Lol sandbagger

Wofford' defense was playing plenty stout at the end of the game yesterday. I think your defense will be fine. We've run out of luck at least 5 times this season. The question is whether we can keeping making our own when it runs out.

Young Terrier ain't so young anymore and it sounds like he is at McNeese and not Woffy.

http://www.rogueturtle.com/articles/images/sandbags8.jpg

My opinion is that the Citadel has better big play potential than Wofford does offensively, but Wofford usually doesn't make as many mistakes unless we're trying to be too cute. It really depends on how many inside linebackers we dress, because we're down 3 or 4 from when played previously.

What's made Wofford's defense than years past has been speed on the perimeter (Devon Watson is a stud), size in the middle, and depth at inside linebacker. Right now we don't have depth at inside linebacker, and if you would notice CSU was able to pick at that in the fourth quarter.

Then again, Wofford kind of controlled Citadel's offense last game (they only "earned" a touchdown's worth as they only drove on us once). I would honestly be really surprised if that happened again just because we are that depleted.

Bucs2016
November 27th, 2016, 07:33 PM

We would've rather played Citadel than Wofford also, would have made the 2nd round. On paper Citadel does match up better with CSU. But for whatever reason the Dogs just fall apart vs the Bucs, dont know why. Oh well....that's a 2017 or 2018 topic now.

Wofford should be a classic next week. Their defensive ends are outstanding. Best we saw this year outside of Florida State and maybe the guy from NDSU.

Bucs2016
November 27th, 2016, 07:35 PM
My opinion is that the Citadel has better big play potential than Wofford does offensively, but Wofford usually doesn't make as many mistakes unless we're trying to be too cute. It really depends on how many inside linebackers we dress, because we're down 3 or 4 from when played previously.

What's made Wofford's defense than years past has been speed on the perimeter (Devon Watson is a stud), size in the middle, and depth at inside linebacker. Right now we don't have depth at inside linebacker, and if you would notice CSU was able to pick at that in the fourth quarter.

Then again, Wofford kind of controlled Citadel's offense last game (they only "earned" a touchdown's worth as they only drove on us once). I would honestly be really surprised if that happened again just because we are that depleted.

Yeah we got it moving late. Killed ourselves with 2 turnovers inside the 40...and lost by 1. Ugh. This game is gonna haunt us for a while.

Hope yalls injuries are minor. With those D linemen I think Wofford will be fine even with backups at LB.

CID1990
November 27th, 2016, 09:16 PM

We won that game exactly the way you guys beat CSU- with stingy defense.

crabby terrier
November 28th, 2016, 03:11 PM
I am a bit late getting on here for this post but I would be remiss if I neglected it any longer.

Hats off to CSU coaches, staff and especially the players! They showed a tremendous amount of class and team sportsmanship when our LB, Lincoln Stewart went down with what appeared, at the time, to be a severe neck injury. Luckily, he will be ok. They were all very concerned and reverent while he was being attended to by our and their medical staff. When he was finally placed on the cart and leaving the field, ALL of their players, coaches and staff came out on the field to wish him luck! It was beautiful! You all have a lot to be proud of!!!

CSU was a tough opponent! Good luck next year!

GO TERRIERS!!!

Bucs2016
December 1st, 2016, 11:36 PM
I am a bit late getting on here for this post but I would be remiss if I neglected it any longer.

Hats off to CSU coaches, staff and especially the players! They showed a tremendous amount of class and team sportsmanship when our LB, Lincoln Stewart went down with what appeared, at the time, to be a severe neck injury. Luckily, he will be ok. They were all very concerned and reverent while he was being attended to by our and their medical staff. When he was finally placed on the cart and leaving the field, ALL of their players, coaches and staff came out on the field to wish him luck! It was beautiful! You all have a lot to be proud of!!!

CSU was a tough opponent! Good luck next year!

GO TERRIERS!!!

Thanks. Same to you all. We sat on Wofford side with mutual friends who went there. Wore CSU gear. Wofford folks were very friendly and fun natured with us. Great game. Good luck to you guys!