PDA

View Full Version : Montana State Wins the Brawl!

SeattleBobcat
November 19th, 2016, 04:27 PM
24-17! no post season for the griz!

BisonFan02
November 19th, 2016, 04:30 PM
I have no idea if there are enough deserving teams for AL bids.....grats to the Cats though!

TheKingpin28
November 19th, 2016, 04:35 PM
I have no idea if there are enough deserving teams for AL bids.....grats to the Cats though!

Looks like NC A&T might have found their way into the playoffs by ****ting the bed against NCCU

MTfan4life
November 19th, 2016, 05:21 PM
Looks like NC A&T might have found their way into the playoffs by ****ting the bed against NCCU

Charleston Southern would sure approve of that possibility.

So would Richmond depending on which way they send the Aggies or which team they bring to Greensboro in that scenario.

TheKingpin28
November 19th, 2016, 05:32 PM
Charleston Southern would sure approve of that possibility.

So would Richmond depending on which way they send the Aggies or which team they bring to Greensboro in that scenario.

I think they would send them to UR since UR has nicer facilities and a better chance at progressing further (even with Lauletta out) in the playoffs, which is better revenue. That is just me, but you want a team that has fans, to continue to produce since at the end of the day, the NCAA is a FOR PROFIT organization classified as non-profit.

centennial
November 19th, 2016, 05:34 PM
eGriz must be on full meltdown mode. Anyway, I think Montana State will be good within 2 years. They have better coaching imo.

Drblankstare
November 19th, 2016, 05:34 PM
The shine is coming off of Stitt quickly now

Schism55
November 19th, 2016, 05:37 PM
This. They have clearly regressed, his seat has to be warm right?
Congrats Bobcats!

Go Lehigh TU owl
November 19th, 2016, 05:52 PM
Congrats Bobats! Be a great night to be on Main Street!!

NDSUtk
November 19th, 2016, 06:12 PM
Was this his second or third year there? If second, I think next year is the one they will judge him on. If third...not a good sign for Montana.

Catbooster
November 19th, 2016, 06:15 PM
This was his 2nd year.

I'm happy - especially for our seniors.

centennial
November 19th, 2016, 06:28 PM
Stitt is in his 2nd year. Probably has 1 more year. Let's see what happens. Montana is one of the teams I follow in the FCS. I can't believe how badly he gutted that team.

I am calling it right now, I see 5 if not more FBS transfers for next year. It will get Montana to the playoffs, and he will probably save his job.

NDSUtk
November 19th, 2016, 06:31 PM
i always figure when you make a major change to how your team is built, you can't tell success until season 3. The first two you're still dealing with mainly recruits from the other era. By year 3, your personnel are showing up and starting (redshirt sophomore or real junior) so you get a feel for what team you'll be long term. At least that's my two cents. I'd say if Montana stitts the bed next year, he is on the hot seat.

ursus arctos horribilis
November 19th, 2016, 06:40 PM
Stitt is in his 2nd year. Probably has 1 more year. Let's see what happens. Montana is one of the teams I follow in the FCS. I can't believe how badly he gutted that team.

I am calling it right now, I see 5 if not more FBS transfers for next year. It will get Montana to the playoffs, and he will probably save his job.

I think having a QB of his styling for his offense is what he needs most. We are just so oddly good then the next game we are terrible there. We truly regressed in the last 5 games this year. There was just so much wrong at the end here.

He does have to get a third year to see if he shifts the tide but man it is getting tough to watch. We are the FCS equivalent of Manic-depressive. Stitt also needs to probably put some foot in ass and get the selfish BS penalties cleaned up.

centennial
November 19th, 2016, 06:49 PM
I think having a QB of his styling for his offense is what he needs most. We are just so oddly good then the next game we are terrible there. We truly regressed in the last 5 games this year. There was just so much wrong at the end here.

He does have to get a third year to see if he shifts the tide but man it is getting tough to watch. We are the FCS equivalent of Manic-depressive. Stitt also needs to probably put some foot in ass and get the selfish BS penalties cleaned up.

I agree, he needs a QB that can run that offense. The QB is the single point of failure in his system. The system is too simple for D1 football IMO. Even teams like Texas Tech, OSU, Oregon seem to have bigger playbooks to me. To make a real run at the NC he needs get better at making adjustments. His playbook needs to get extended. The running game needs a few more formations, plays as well.

ursus arctos horribilis
November 19th, 2016, 07:01 PM
I agree, he needs a QB that can run that offense. The QB is the single point of failure in his system. The system is too simple for D1 football IMO. Even teams like Texas Tech, OSU, Oregon seem to have bigger playbooks to me. To make a real run at the NC he needs get better at making adjustments. His playbook needs to get extended. The running game needs a few more formations, plays as well.

I think that his playbook is much bigger but man we have got real problems exucuting it even with it's limited scope at this time. Overthrown, underthrown, interceptions where a receiver isn't even in the area....it's an obvious problem of having team mates reading the same thing and doing their proper jobs I think. Not saying this is just the QB's fault cuz it probably lies more with receivers being out of positions too. It does not matter, either is off, everything is off, nothing works.

----------------------Here's where we can play at.

x
----------------------Here's our floor

x is where we have seemed to find ourselves residing lately. Unless we are playing someone with a much lower floor than us anyway.

I would like to congratulate the Bobcats on their victory. Well deserved.

F'N Hawks
November 19th, 2016, 07:07 PM
I think that his playbook is much bigger but man we have got real problems exucuting it even with it's limited scope at this time. Overthrown, underthrown, interceptions where a receiver isn't even in the area....it's an obvious problem of having team mates reading the same thing and doing their proper jobs I think. Not saying this is just the QB's fault cuz it probably lies more with receivers being out of positions too. It does not matter, either is off, everything is off, nothing works.

x

x is where we have seemed to find ourselves residing lately. Unless we are playing someone with a much lower floor than us anyway.

I am not a defensive coordinator but know a little. Your scheme is flawed. Way too much odd pressures and man to man coverage. If MSU runs for 360+ yards on you then you know something is severely ****ed up. Man to man every third down. Every one.

ursus arctos horribilis
November 19th, 2016, 07:11 PM
I am not a defensive coordinator but know a little. Your scheme is flawed. Way too much odd pressures and man to man coverage. If MSU runs for 360+ yards on you then you know something is severely ****ed up. Man to man every third down. Every one.

Oh yeah, didn't even get into that side of the ball but that is straight up troof. Trust me, most of Griz fans have been talking about the very flawed D sheme and man to man coverage, inability to zone, etc. for the last 1/2 of the season as well.

It is absolutely a huge problem to waste talent over on that side like we did as well.

Preferred Walk-On
November 19th, 2016, 07:28 PM
Some UND fans should chime in here, but Stitt reminds me a bit of former UND coach Chris Mussman. Offensively-focused, spread 'em out, run lots of plays, and don't protect a suspect defense. If this is the continued strategy of Stitt and his staff, then without absolutely elite athletes, I don't think it will be sustainable. UND has done a complete 180 in philosophy, and it has only taken three years to become a playoff (potentially seeded) team. Unfortunately, Stitt's team doesn't appear to be trending that way.

I think an FCS where both Montana schools are doing well is a good one, so congratulations to the Bobcats, and best of luck to both teams next year.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

bobcathpdevil56
November 19th, 2016, 07:39 PM

x

I would like to congratulate the Bobcats on their victory. Well deserved.

Thanks Ursus. I just hope that was a glimpse of the teams that the Bobcats have coming forward. The defense was much improved over the last few years.

ursus arctos horribilis
November 19th, 2016, 08:43 PM
Thanks Ursus. I just hope that was a glimpse of the teams that the Bobcats have coming forward. The defense was much improved over the last few years.

Yes indeed.

caribbeanhen
November 19th, 2016, 09:56 PM
so is Montana making the playoffs? AGS Talks but money walks....

TheKingpin28
November 19th, 2016, 10:00 PM
so is Montana making the playoffs? AGS Talks but money walks....

If they get it, anyone who thought the MVFC having 5 on the same side was bad, this would tower over it.