PDA

View Full Version : AGS Top 25 - How They Fared Week 12 2016

superman7515
November 19th, 2016, 12:01 PM
Remember that you need to submit your ballot by 9 am EST Sunday to be included in the season ending poll.

That being said, I'm posting this early so that you guys/gals can get a jump and start getting a rough first copy of your ballot prepped. Maybe set up a spreadsheet of your own with a column for the teams that are definitely in your Top 25 and you just need to shuffle their order, another for the teams that could drop out altogether if they lose, and a third with teams on the bubble that might take the place of some of the losers. Just an idea to help speed this thing up for you.

I'll update as games are finished (I'll be at the Delaware/Villanova game, so it won't be updated for a few hours in the early afternoon) throughout the day. All of the games that have already been played Thursday & Friday are already on there, and if ever there was a week to trust yourself and not wait on Massey/Sagarin, this is the one, because there's no guarantee they will have their info updated in time for you to submit before 9:00 am EST.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/15Wcmy9mM8VTceJAj-y6cyorMxwPI-Ovka-YVM4kZAvI/edit?usp=sharing

BEAR
November 19th, 2016, 12:24 PM
You da man! xthumbsupx

ursus arctos horribilis
November 19th, 2016, 05:24 PM
BTW, voters, I sent the list out early as well. That does not mean you should start voting before all games in question on your ballot are concluded or a definite outcome.

superman7515
November 19th, 2016, 05:45 PM
Benefits of living minutes from the stadium... Scores are being updated now and will continue as games end. Not all of the games will have an article right away, simply because I'm trying to update as soon as I can, but they'll have them as soon as possible.

caribbeanhen
November 19th, 2016, 05:47 PM
Benefits of living minutes from the stadium... Scores are being updated now and will continue as games end. Not all of the games will have an article right away, simply because I'm trying to update as soon as I can, but they'll have them as soon as possible.

saw some of the 4TH Quarter, looked like Hundreds were still there.... even a Mickey Matthews sighting in a suit and tie..... lord no please not him

Drblankstare
November 19th, 2016, 05:57 PM
Ah yes the final ballot, the liquor ballot as it's known at my house. Supe? I'm not seeing the final totals for the "Mean machine" "North Dallas forty" or the "Little Giants". Excuse me while I hit this bag of delicious paint

http://www.anygivensaturday.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=23926&stc=1

ursus arctos horribilis
November 19th, 2016, 06:01 PM
The final ballot is beginning of January blanker. This is penultimate ballot with a long respite though.

Thank God, or whoever.

mmiller_34
November 19th, 2016, 07:27 PM
Bump

Twentysix
November 19th, 2016, 07:51 PM
Idk if its intentional or not, but the voting is closed. (Probably because not all games have finished?)

2016 AGS Poll Vote
The form "AGS Poll" is no longer accepting responses.Try contacting the owner of the form if you think this is a mistake.

If its not intentional, this is whats showing up.

mvemjsunpx
November 19th, 2016, 07:55 PM
Ah yes the final ballot, the liquor ballot as it's known at my house. Supe? I'm not seeing the final totals for the "Mean machine" "North Dallas forty" or the "Little Giants". Excuse me while I hit this bag of delicious paint

http://www.anygivensaturday.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=23926&stc=1

So that's what happened to Fred Dryer.

ursus arctos horribilis
November 19th, 2016, 08:14 PM
I opened the ballot box up again and you can now vote but I think you should wait until later in the 4th qtr. if UTC keeps it sort of close.

Alabama just scored to go up 21-3 though so.

Chattanooga's D has been playing very well.

Twentysix
November 19th, 2016, 08:18 PM
I opened the ballot box up again and you can now vote but I think you should wait until later in the 4th qtr. if UTC keeps it sort of close.

Alabama just scored to go up 21-3 though so.

Chattanooga's D has been playing very well.

Yeah I'm not interested in voting yet.

Just figured since you said it was open, and it wasn't, that we could have issues after the last game ended if it were unintentional.

That seemed like it could be extra problematic because of the early deadline. I usually vote Saturday night anyway cause im in Pacific time.

ursus arctos horribilis
November 19th, 2016, 08:37 PM
Yeah I'm not interested in voting yet.

Just figured since you said it was open, and it wasn't, that we could have issues after the last game ended if it were unintentional.

That seemed like it could be extra problematic because of the early deadline. I usually vote Saturday night anyway cause im in Pacific time.

Yeah I hear ya. Thanks for the double check. I fogot the damn Cal Poly/UNC game was still on as well so went and closed it again.

I f'd that up. Will open it when this game is looking "over".

BlueHenSinfonian
November 19th, 2016, 08:43 PM
Didn't the final week used to close down a day earlier? The e-mail said the closing time is still Monday at noon, that's right?

ursus arctos horribilis
November 19th, 2016, 08:46 PM
Didn't the final week used to close down a day earlier? The e-mail said the closing time is still Monday at noon, that's right?

If you did what the email instructed and looked at what it told you to...this would not be your take on the matter. Please look at the links and read the first part more closely. It does close early. It reopens for those that couldn't vote to cast a ballot to preserve their voting record...but it won't matter in the poll released tomorrow.

BlueHenSinfonian
November 19th, 2016, 08:50 PM
If you did what the email instructed and looked at what it told you to...this would not be your take on the matter. Please look at the links and read the first part more closely. It does close early. It reopens for those that couldn't vote to cast a ballot to preserve their voting record...but it won't matter in the poll released tomorrow.

Oh, gotcha,I read the e-mail and the announcement post in the voter thread but not the link in the e-mail.

ursus arctos horribilis
November 19th, 2016, 09:01 PM
Oh, gotcha,I read the e-mail and the announcement post in the voter thread but not the link in the e-mail.

Those are sort of important. That is why I go to the trouble of including them. I'm a lazy man, I don't do that stuff cuz I like the extra work. xlolx

superman7515
November 19th, 2016, 09:03 PM
This is in no way an indication of how I think you should or shouldn't vote, just copying my post from the Bracketology thread over because there are a few teams that aren't on the spreadsheet that you guys may/may not want to look into a little further:

Autobids:
Big Sky - Eastern Washington
Big South - Charleston Southern
CAA - James Madison
MVFC - South Dakota State
NEC - St. Francis
OVC - Jacksonville State
Patsy - Lehigh
PFL - San Diego
SoCon - The Citadel
Southland - Sam Houston St.

Leaving Cal Poly open as a possibility if they win, the committee would have the ability to fill the bracket with only teams that had 7 or more D1 wins if they wanted to get back to the typical selection criteria. In alphabetical order, only includes teams who are eligible, so no Ivy teams, no NC Central/Grambling, and no Southern:

Albany

Cal Poly

Central Arkansas

Chattanooga

Dayton

Duquesne

Fordham

New Hampshire

North Carolina A&T
North Dakota

North Dakota State

Prairie View A&M

Richmond

Southeastern Louisiana

Tennessee State

Villanova

Weber State

Wofford

Youngstown State

ursus arctos horribilis
November 19th, 2016, 09:08 PM
Am I just skipping over UND supey or are they not in there?

superman7515
November 19th, 2016, 09:09 PM

Never heard of her... Yeah, I messed up the copy/paste when I made my Excel sheet earlier. Woops!

ursus arctos horribilis
November 19th, 2016, 09:11 PM
Never heard of her... Yeah, I messed up the copy/paste when I made my Excel sheet earlier. Woops!

I'm sure nobody will care. They seem amicable about that sort of thing. xlolx

TheKingpin28
November 19th, 2016, 09:13 PM

They were not satisfied with an outright title so they packed their bags, went home, and are in the weight room trying to prove to all that they are the only team in the Big Sky worthy of the title.

superman7515
November 19th, 2016, 09:19 PM
Just waiting on the #19 Cal Poly vs #35 Northern Colorado game, all other scores/records are updated.

ursus arctos horribilis
November 19th, 2016, 09:42 PM
Just waiting on the #19 Cal Poly vs #35 Northern Colorado game, all other scores/records are updated.

In case you aren't watching already.

https://eversport.tv/big-sky/football/2016/11/20/northern-colorado-at-cal-poly

hktribefan
November 19th, 2016, 10:16 PM
I got that same message that ballots are no longer accepted a few minutes ago.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

superman7515
November 19th, 2016, 10:18 PM
I got that same message that ballots are no longer accepted a few minutes ago.

Wait until the #19 Cal Poly/#35 Northern Colorado game is done.

Cheezus Crust, no wonder the West Coast guys complain about East Coast Bias. Here's two top 40 teams playing a game with playoff implications and half the board is like, "F--- it, let's wing it!"

hktribefan
November 19th, 2016, 10:21 PM

Cheezus Crust, no wonder the West Coast guys complain about East Coast Bias. Here's two top 40 teams playing a game with playoff implications and half the board is like, "F--- it, let's wing it!"

Oh still watching that one. Just wanted to see how the interface loads on a new device and saw the post that the ballot was already unlocked.

RootinFerDukes
November 19th, 2016, 10:31 PM

LEEEEEEEEERRRRROOOOYYY JENNNKIIIIIINNS!

BisonFan02
November 19th, 2016, 10:33 PM
LEEEEEEEEERRRRROOOOYYY JENNNKIIIIIINNS!

YES! xlolx

Professor Chaos
November 19th, 2016, 10:34 PM
'least I got chicken...

ursus arctos horribilis
November 20th, 2016, 11:35 AM
For all voters that missed the Sunday morning deadline. The poll is now reopened for the supplemental vote which will help keep your perfection streak rolling if you wish to cast the ballot now.