View Full Version : IMPORTANT AGS Poll Reminder

ursus arctos horribilis
November 17th, 2016, 05:10 PM
The final vote before Selection Sunday is absolutely brutal. Please keep a couple of things in mind voters.

The poll will NOT close at Noon Eastern on Monday morning.

IT WILL CLOSE AT 9A ET ON SUNDAY 11/20/2016 TO BE CLOSED PRIOR TO SELECTION SHOW BY ABOUT AN HOUR.

The earlier you vote, the better, because this gives you time to double check your ballot before submitting it to prevent duplicates, and gives you time to respond to any emails/PM's regarding your poll before it closes.

I will reopen it later on Sunday for voters that could not get the ballot in prior to the Selection Show but those won't count for anythign other than to preserve a poll perfection. If you want to be counted you must vote by the special deadline.

I'll repeat this. Be extremely careful, look at each and every box you fill in and make damn certain you have it correct. I have no time to fix a bunch of errors in this one so do your part and submit cleanly.

kdinva
November 17th, 2016, 06:10 PM
I'll place a sticky note on my screen......thanks

ST_Lawson
November 17th, 2016, 07:41 PM
And remember, despite the similarity in our names and our colors, Western Illinois is not the same as Western Carolina. 😉

Sammy94
November 17th, 2016, 08:57 PM
And remember, despite the similarity in our names and our colors, Western Illinois is not the same as Western Carolina. 

Should either be in our polls?xeyebrowx

BisonTru
November 17th, 2016, 09:07 PM
http://replygif.net/i/1247.gif
And remember, despite the similarity in our names and our colors, Western Illinois is not the same as Western Carolina. 

IBleedYellow
November 17th, 2016, 09:09 PM
Maybe this year I can actually beat it....

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

ngineer
November 17th, 2016, 09:50 PM
I'll place a sticky note on my screen......thanks

How will you be able to see your screen? (;-)

ST_Lawson
November 17th, 2016, 10:38 PM
Should either be in our polls?xeyebrowx

Right now...maybe not. If we win this weekend, maybe. I'm just saying, there was apparently confusion last time.

JMU2K_DukeDawg
November 17th, 2016, 11:42 PM
Well this makes one time it is good to be +9 hours ahead.

Daytripper
November 18th, 2016, 02:13 PM
But I'm still asleep at 8 am central!!!!!

https://media.giphy.com/media/3t7RAFhu75Wwg/giphy.gif

ursus arctos horribilis
November 18th, 2016, 02:32 PM
But I'm still asleep at 8 am central!!!!!

https://media.giphy.com/media/3t7RAFhu75Wwg/giphy.gif

You don't think I would be? xlolx

Trust me, nothing sucks about the poll more than this weekend.

Griz/Cat
Narrow window
Much earlier up for me than you SOB's
Luckily I don't get hangovers but I do move much slower so just not a good combo overall.
Oh year, it is earlier here than there.

clenz
November 18th, 2016, 02:35 PM
Great. A weekend a I actually get to a UNI game (I typically get home from those after 9) and it's an early close

Good thing there was a reminder

PantherRob82
November 18th, 2016, 06:09 PM
I already submitted my vote. I just assumed the underdogs won every game. :p

RootinFerDukes
November 18th, 2016, 06:41 PM
I already submitted my vote. I just assumed the underdogs won every game. :p

I hope you didn't put too much money down on Elon this week.

BisonFan02
November 18th, 2016, 10:08 PM
You don't think I would be? xlolx

Trust me, nothing sucks about the poll more than this weekend.

Griz/Cat
Narrow window
Much earlier up for me than you SOB's
Luckily I don't get hangovers but I do move much slower so just not a good combo overall.
Oh year, it is earlier here than there.

https://i.ytimg.com/vi/Ht9lU-mgrEo/maxresdefault.jpg

paward
November 19th, 2016, 07:55 PM
Can I get a bereavement pass this week. I really do not feel like doing anything. We lost the game and our QB. Can I get a pass from the poll class?

PantherRob82
November 19th, 2016, 08:06 PM
1. UNI
2. Montana
3. Central Arkansas
4. Richmond
5. Sam Houston

:D

Twentysix
November 19th, 2016, 08:16 PM
1. UNI
2. Montana
3. Central Arkansas
4. Richmond
5. Sam Houston

:D

The only issue I can see is SHSU not #1.xlolx

ursus arctos horribilis
November 19th, 2016, 09:04 PM
Can I get a bereavement pass this week. I really do not feel like doing anything. We lost the game and our QB. Can I get a pass from the poll class?

Hmm, your team is still gonna be in the playoffs right? No. I don't feel good about anything tonight either but I gotta do my part, you gotta do yours.

superman7515
November 19th, 2016, 09:06 PM

Does Eric have any eligibility left? I thought about texting him and seeing if he could catch a flight to Richmond after Thanksgiving dinner was over. xlolx

Professor Chaos
November 19th, 2016, 09:22 PM
On the behalf of all AGS voters I'd like to extend a big "**** YOU!!!" to Cal Poly.

RootinFerDukes
November 19th, 2016, 09:33 PM
Ursus, the poll email you sent this week has a link to what appears to be a past ballot that is now closed.

BisonFan02
November 19th, 2016, 09:34 PM
Ursus, the poll email you sent this week has a link to what appears to be a past ballot that is now closed.

Yup. This.

PantherRob82
November 19th, 2016, 09:38 PM
On the behalf of all AGS voters I'd like to extend a big "**** YOU!!!" to Cal Poly.

Agreed

- - - Updated - - -

Pretty sure he said he had to close it because of Cal Poly-NoCo

Gil Dobie
November 19th, 2016, 09:39 PM
Yup. This.

Same, wanted to have it ready to submit after the CP/UNC game

ursus arctos horribilis
November 19th, 2016, 09:39 PM

It isn't open because the Cal Poly game is still on and unfortunately, sort of close. When that game is not in doubt, it opens.

kalm
November 19th, 2016, 09:42 PM
What a bunch of wilting flowers. I'm early to bed, but will get up at 4:00 tomorrow to get my poll in.

RootinFerDukes
November 19th, 2016, 09:44 PM
Thanks Ursus. I'M SLEEPY! I won't rank Cal Poly if they don't hurry up! xbawlingx

ursus arctos horribilis
November 19th, 2016, 09:45 PM
Thanks Ursus. I'M SLEEPY! I won't rank Cal Poly if they don't hurry up! xbawlingx

https://eversport.tv/big-sky/football/2016/11/20/northern-colorado-at-cal-poly

Here's something to watch for a bit and see if this helps.

Twentysix
November 19th, 2016, 11:14 PM
https://eversport.tv/big-sky/football/2016/11/20/northern-colorado-at-cal-poly

Here's something to watch for a bit and see if this helps.

aretheyplayinginthedark?

TheKingpin28
November 19th, 2016, 11:27 PM
Submitted. Not too happy with the amount of teams that decided to make the bubble extremely weak this year, but my poll is solid.

Twentysix
November 19th, 2016, 11:32 PM
Done. Wasn't as difficult to finish out the top 25 as I'd have thought.

- - - Updated - - -

Submitted. Not too happy with the amount of teams that decided to make the bubble extremely weak this year, but my poll is solid.

Can you point to a year with a strong bubble?

MTfan4life
November 19th, 2016, 11:39 PM

The bubble in 2012 was pretty solid. An 8-3 Richmond was left out of the playoffs. Along with a Towson team that finished 7-4 and ended the season with a 29 pt win over a team that made the playoffs.

Go Lehigh TU owl
November 19th, 2016, 11:42 PM
The bubble in 2012 was pretty solid. An 8-3 Richmond was left out of the playoffs. Along with a Towson team that finished 7-4 and ended the season with a 29 pt win over a team that made the playoffs.

...and another team. xcoffeex

BisonFan02
November 19th, 2016, 11:44 PM

Meh.....naw. xlolx

TheKingpin28
November 19th, 2016, 11:52 PM
Done. Wasn't as difficult to finish out the top 25 as I'd have thought.

- - - Updated - - -

MTfan4life beat me to it

MTfan4life
November 20th, 2016, 12:15 AM

You're right. Eastern Kentucky, Youngstown State, Tennessee-Martin, and Northern Arizona were also noteworthy 7 or higher D1 win bubble teams left out of the playoffs. xthumbsupx

ursus arctos horribilis
November 20th, 2016, 11:34 AM
For all voters that missed the Sunday morning deadline. The poll is now reopened for the supplemental vote which will help keep your perfection streak rolling if you wish to cast the ballot now.