PDA

View Full Version : Northwestern State to play I-A Kansas in '06

Bison_Kent
July 12th, 2005, 08:21 PM
Here is a story on the Demons visiting the Jayhawks in 2006.

http://www.shreveporttimes.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20050712/SPORTS02/507120319/1001/SPORTS

I seems like we will be seeing more and more I-AA vs. I-A games with the I-A teams now able to schedule 12 games yearly.

AgentOrange
July 12th, 2005, 10:43 PM
Here is a story on the Demons visiting the Jayhawks in 2006.

http://www.shreveporttimes.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20050712/SPORTS02/507120319/1001/SPORTS

I seems like we will be seeing more and more I-AA vs. I-A games with the I-A teams now able to schedule 12 games yearly.
Another Big XII school calling out a Southland Conference team. Two schools going in like that this season, guess we can look for more in the future. It also means that then conference is going in the right direction.
Congrats to NWSU for getting a great opportunity for their program. A (probable) victory in that game will lead to so much for that school.

TexasTerror
July 13th, 2005, 06:53 AM
There'll be some more Big XII-SLC matchups. I think we all know we're going to see it and I'm sure in a few weeks, we'll know some more about these matchups as I think teams are really rushing to fill their 12th game in 2006 before all the I-AAs (that are close in travel proximity) get taken up.

In fact, I think Sam will have as many as THREE games against Div I opponents in 2006. We've already announced SMU officially and there's some other stuff forthcoming shortly if people bite their lips for a few more weeks and keep quiet.

HensRock
July 13th, 2005, 08:06 AM
In fact, I think Sam will have as many as THREE games against Div I opponents in 2006.

Really? Delaware is already scheduled to play TEN Div I opponents in 2006. ;) :D

(It will be even more if we make the playoffs!) :nod:

TexasTerror
July 13th, 2005, 08:20 AM
Three Division I-A opponents. Wasn't thinking, just had finished responding to a post about how many Div I teams in other sports are part of an athletic department with participation in SEVERAL conferences. Sam could play as many as THREE Division I-A opponents in 2006.

TxSt02
July 13th, 2005, 01:30 PM
We have Texas A&M this coming year
Kentucky in 2006
SMU and TCU in either 2007,08 or 09...

SLC is on the rise with OOC games...

TxSt02
July 13th, 2005, 01:33 PM
Three Division I-A opponents. Wasn't thinking, just had finished responding to a post about how many Div I teams in other sports are part of an athletic department with participation in SEVERAL conferences. Sam could play as many as THREE Division I-A opponents in 2006.

Ok so you play SMU but why would you want to play 3 I-A teams in one year??? We had both Kentucky and aTm this year but pushed Kentucky of until next year. Sounds like too many body bag games... That and you will have a guaranteed 4 losses...

Brent
July 13th, 2005, 02:06 PM
Ok so you play SMU but why would you want to play 3 I-A teams in one year??? We had both Kentucky and aTm this year but pushed Kentucky of until next year. Sounds like too many body bag games... That and you will have a guaranteed 4 losses...

Still scratching my head about that one too. They already have 2 guarantee losses this season with UH (sorry but UH will be improved where SHSU will not be) and Tech (if SHSU keeps within 35, Ill be floored).

TexasTerror
July 13th, 2005, 02:11 PM

It caught a lot of us off-guard as well. One of those games is SMU. The other two are not announced officially yet, so things could change. Exposure, I guess. And with Noah Allen being a senior in 2006, I think we'll be at the top of the SLC thanks to a high-powered offense. He's loving the Ball State kid and I hear Malone from VaTech is very impressive.

Brent
July 13th, 2005, 02:16 PM
It caught a lot of us off-guard as well. One of those games is SMU. The other two are not announced officially yet, so things could change. Exposure, I guess. And with Noah Allen being a senior in 2006, I think we'll be at the top of the SLC thanks to a high-powered offense. He's loving the Ball State kid and I hear Malone from VaTech is very impressive.

Not only exposure but $$$$$.

Derek Broussard is a quality catch, not sure about Malone...seems to be a backup player.

putter
July 13th, 2005, 03:06 PM
Not only exposure but $$$$$.

Derek Broussard is a quality catch, not sure about Malone...seems to be a backup player.

I agree. Each I-AA team should play 2 I-A teams every year. Then we could reap more money and use those funds to upgrade stadiums etc!! Make I-AA a better product using BCS money.