PDA

View Full Version : Big South Pick'em and Power Rankings - Week 12

BigSouthFan
November 15th, 2016, 09:33 AM
GAMES:

Liberty @ Coastal Carolina - If the Flames play anything like they did last weekend, the Flame could be burnt out early. Especially without their head coach. CHANTS BY 10
Kennesaw State @ Charleston Southern - As seen on CSU's Twitter, "When your back is against the wall, you tear it down!" CSU handles business this weekend because they know it's over if they don't. Back to back titles in Charleston. BUCS BY 14
Monmouth @Gardner-Webb -GWU gets it done on Senior Day. Tough day to be a road team in the Big South. DOGS BY 21
Presbyterian @ South Alabama - Money, and money only. No shot for PC. USA by 42

Power Rankings

1.Charleston Southern - Big win last weekend at Liberty in dominating fashion. Simple, win and you're in. I think they get it done and share the title and get the lone Big South playoff bid this year.
2. Liberty - Big loss last weekend. Still a notch better than the rest of the conference. With a win at CCU they are still out and I think they know that. Add Turner Gill not being there and another middle of the road Flames season is in the books.
3. GWU - This one is tough. But even at 4-6 I believe they have a better resume than 8-2 Kennesaw. Better wins and closer losses against top tier teams. Out of playoffs.
4. Kennesaw State - A big chance to make a Kennesaw STATEment and share the title in their second year of existence this weekend. Even though I don't believe they have the firepower to stick with the Bucs. Not yet at least. Out of playoffs.
5. Monmouth - Out.
6. Presbyterian - Out.

Bucs2016
November 15th, 2016, 10:18 AM
I agree with all the ones you posted. However I'm deeply concerned with my Bucs. Mostly because KSU has been playing really well lately. They're obviously a team on the rise and finding it's rythm late in the season. I think this one is a nail biter and CSU probably wins it on special teams when Hammond or Holloway break a kick return like they've done so often. CSU 31 KSU 28.

dgtw
November 15th, 2016, 10:43 AM
Why isn't Turner Gill there?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

FlamingHot
November 15th, 2016, 11:20 AM
Turner Gill is suspended for the game.
Full Story - http://www.liberty.edu/flames/index.cfm?PID=10869&newsID=17380&TeamID=

Corn_3024
November 15th, 2016, 05:39 PM
I agree with all the ones you posted. However I'm deeply concerned with my Bucs. Mostly because KSU has been playing really well lately. They're obviously a team on the rise and finding it's rythm late in the season. I think this one is a nail biter and CSU probably wins it on special teams when Hammond or Holloway break a kick return like they've done so often. CSU 31 KSU 28.

We've improved in a lot of areas, but special teams has caused heartburn for two straight years now. Most lopsided mismatch between the two teams imo. Kennesaw will have to catch some breaks to stay in this one, but I hope we do.

bonarae
November 15th, 2016, 06:04 PM
Coastal Carolina
Charleston Southern
Gardner-Webb
South Alabama

MR. CHICKEN
November 15th, 2016, 06:34 PM
COASTAL CAROLINA
CHARLESTON SOUTHERN
GARDNER-WEBB
SOUTH ALABAMA

JSUFightingCocks
November 15th, 2016, 06:51 PM
KSU shuts up all the haters that question their ranking, beats CSU by 10!

catamount man
November 15th, 2016, 07:15 PM
Surely PC cans Nichols after this season? Dude's record is horrible. No offense PC fans.

ex189
November 16th, 2016, 08:48 AM
Liberty @ Coastal Carolina - I want to pick Liberty in an upset but after watching them play in person last week, they don't have the personnel to match head to head with Coastal. Coastal's OL is banged up and they have an issue at QB but their Defense is solid. If it comes down to a kicking game, Probert is a weapon but so is Granger. What the hell. FLAMES by a FG.
Kennesaw @ Charleston Southern - The BUCS need to keep the same edge as last week. Their Defense was just plain NASTY and must contain Kennesaw's potent offense and the CSU QB's need to protect ball, which has been an issue all season. CSU wins a close game.
Monmouth @ Gardner-Webb - GW wins going away as the HAWKS just are not very good and have spent most of the season on the road.
Presbyterian @ South Alabama - Name your score as the Blue Hose offense is not very talented. The big question is whether it will be a shut-out or not. My prediction SHUT-OUT

seelarke
November 16th, 2016, 11:01 AM
Surely PC cans Nichols after this season? Dude's record is horrible. No offense PC fans.

We're hoping some sort of change is made. It'll probably just end up being the OC getting canned and a new one brought in.

kdinva
November 16th, 2016, 05:29 PM
CCU 31; Liberty 20
Chuck South 27; Kenny St. 17
Gard-Webb 21; Monmouth 13
S Alabama 43; Presby 12

catamount man
November 16th, 2016, 05:42 PM
We're hoping some sort of change is made. It'll probably just end up being the OC getting canned and a new one brought in. If your OC is still Todd Varn, I feel your pain. I still have "bubble screen" on steroids burned in my mind when he was our OC in 2003 and 2004. Good luck. GO CATS!