ysubigred
November 14th, 2016, 02:10 PM
Bears rained on YSU's party a few years ago. Can they do it againxeyebrowx

The Yo Show
November 14th, 2016, 04:38 PM
Hopefully, they can't

ValleyTalk
November 14th, 2016, 05:15 PM
Play more great defense and we can win this one. I like the Guins 24-10.

Bison Fan in NW MN
November 14th, 2016, 08:26 PM
IMO, YSU wins this and makes some noise in the playoffs because that defense is the real deal.

PantherRob82
November 14th, 2016, 08:33 PM
Da Bears.

gumby013
November 15th, 2016, 06:12 AM
Bo needs to win this one so he has a shot at 9-4.

ytownchief22
November 15th, 2016, 09:04 AM
Guins

ysubigred
November 16th, 2016, 07:36 AM
No one's talking about this but YSU looked to be a very banged up team after last week!

Hopefully YSU can get a "W" without a few "D" starters. Plus our special teams took a huge hit when our kicker went down.

Paladin1aa
November 16th, 2016, 01:36 PM
YSU in a defensive struggle. Bad QBs and losing the kicker will hurt the scoring.

Houndawg
November 17th, 2016, 06:28 AM
MSU upsets YSU-16-14

Penguin Nation
November 17th, 2016, 06:43 AM
YSU favored by 12.5. I don't see us covering that. Only had a margin of victory that big once six games ago. We barely beat SIU and ISUb at home, and this is on the road w/ key injuries and little riding on the game. Penguins win in a close one.

WeAreThePride
November 17th, 2016, 01:17 PM
The score will be a lot closer than it actually was. 24-13 Youngstown, with Mo State's only touchdown coming in garbage time.

ValleyTalk
November 17th, 2016, 05:50 PM
YSU favored by 12.5. I don't see us covering that. Only had a margin of victory that big once six games ago. We barely beat SIU and ISUb at home, and this is on the road w/ key injuries and little riding on the game. Penguins win in a close one.
There is plenty riding on this game... we aren't guaranteed playoffs if we lose. People often forget we've had little to no success with the playoff committee when on the "bubble." Fortunately Bo isn't even talking playoffs and the team is well aware they have to win this one to assure themselves of the playoffs.

Penguin Nation
November 17th, 2016, 06:20 PM
There is plenty riding on this game... we aren't guaranteed playoffs if we lose. People often forget we've had little to no success with the playoff committee when on the "bubble." Fortunately Bo isn't even talking playoffs and the team is well aware they have to win this one to assure themselves of the playoffs.

Mike Kern said although he's not aware of the selection results until Sunday morning, he said it was his belief we were in. Charles wrote this:

"With a playoff spot almost certainly solidified after last weekend’s 21-14 win over Southern Illinois, a win over Missouri State would be the cherry on top"

http://www.vindy.com/news/2016/nov/16/no-interest-in-backing-in/?newswatch

I would agree tho that if anyone would get screwed, it’s us.

Daved
November 17th, 2016, 07:21 PM
I believe we will be in if we win--despite some team records there still are no easy games in our conference and I expect Missouri State to give us their best shot.

ValleyTalk
November 17th, 2016, 08:30 PM
I believe we will be in if we win
I think that is a given xthumbsupx

Schism55
November 17th, 2016, 08:53 PM
How is YSU healthwise heading into this game?

ytownchief22
November 17th, 2016, 10:04 PM
How is YSU healthwise heading into this game?

Banged up quite a bit actually. Most importantly our kicker.

Houndawg
November 18th, 2016, 02:08 PM
Mike Kern said although he's not aware of the selection results until Sunday morning, he said it was his belief we were in. Charles wrote this:

"With a playoff spot almost certainly solidified after last weekend’s 21-14 win over Southern Illinois, a win over Missouri State would be the cherry on top"

http://www.vindy.com/news/2016/nov/16/no-interest-in-backing-in/?newswatch

I would agree tho that if anyone would get screwed, it’s us.

Wins over SIU and MoSt aren't exactly resume boosters...

Penguin Nation
November 18th, 2016, 05:04 PM
Wins over SIU and MoSt aren't exactly resume boosters...

There's no win over MSU yet :)

ValleyTalk
November 19th, 2016, 04:36 PM
We are FINALLY going to be back!

51-10 in early fourth over MSU.

ST_Lawson
November 19th, 2016, 04:44 PM
http://i.imgur.com/b7pOX75.jpg

ST_Lawson
November 19th, 2016, 05:13 PM
Good lord...65 points?
What.....how....I....
http://i.imgur.com/0mw1I8e.gif

ytownchief22
November 19th, 2016, 05:27 PM
Did what we needed to do. Offense trending in the right direction heading to the playoffs!!!!

SoupCity85
November 19th, 2016, 09:28 PM
Pally, where ya at buddy? You were wrong and now you probably won't show up until this team is knocked out of the playoffs. Just to give everyone the "I told you so" speech you always give. What did you call for 4-7, 5-6, 3-8? You're a joke dude.

Congrats to the YSU Penguins, you didn't wait for anyone to help you out!!! You just handled your business for the first time in years.

Daved
November 19th, 2016, 11:09 PM
Pally, where ya at buddy? You were wrong and now you probably won't show up until this team is knocked out of the playoffs. Just to give everyone the "I told you so" speech you always give. What did you call for 4-7, 5-6, 3-8? You're a joke dude.

Congrats to the YSU Penguins, you didn't wait for anyone to help you out!!! You just handled your business for the first time in years.Right for once they don't need the stinkin committee,for once they didnt fold in November,for once they beat UNI who fortunately this year arent going to be their usual wasted playoff spot.

CappinHard
November 19th, 2016, 11:16 PM
Did what we needed to do. Offense trending in the right direction heading to the playoffs!!!!

Yeah, that'll happen when you play SIU and MSU for your last two games. Plus you only scored 21 against SIU's porous defense... So your offense has looked good for 1 game... Against MSU... That's a pretty small trend.

penguinpower
November 20th, 2016, 05:20 AM
Yeah, that'll happen when you play SIU and MSU for your last two games. Plus you only scored 21 against SIU's porous defense... So your offense has looked good for 1 game... Against MSU... That's a pretty small trend.

I think having some stability at QB helped. Hunter has now started 4 games this year. I could see the he was on target and timing was there. But MSU isn't very good either

Penguin Nation
November 20th, 2016, 09:57 AM

Don't you know Christ came down from the cross and became our QB? xlolx He folded like a cheap suit against NDSU. I wish him the best, but wishful thinking only gets you so far.

Daved
November 20th, 2016, 09:15 PM
Yeah, that'll happen when you play SIU and MSU for your last two games. Plus you only scored 21 against SIU's porous defense... So your offense has looked good for 1 game... Against MSU... That's a pretty small trend.Yep a small trend but one helluva better trend than last year--we will take it.