PDA

View Full Version : Game Day Atmosphere

ex189
November 14th, 2016, 07:52 AM
I have had the opportunity to visit a number of FBS/FCS football stadiums the past several years as I support the Charleston Southern Buccaneers but I have to say that the atmosphere at Liberty University was top notch. Their facilities are amazing and the views are truly spectacular. The halftime show was on par with any that I have seen, at any level, as they honored those that have served and are currently serving in the military to protect our rights. It was truly amazing.

Without talking about your home stadiums, what are the best stadium/atmospheres that you have enjoyed following your team on the road?

McNeese72
November 14th, 2016, 08:07 AM
If you are just talking about FCS stadiums, the best I've been to is Montana.

Doc

Daytripper
November 14th, 2016, 08:15 AM
If you are just talking about FCS stadiums, the best I've been to is Montana.

Doc

In the Southland, it is McNeese by a long shot. Sam Houston is getting better but it is not nearly on par with our on-field success.

ex189
November 14th, 2016, 08:19 AM
I was primarily referring to FCS stadiums.

http://www.anygivensaturday.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=23854&stc=1

Professor Chaos
November 14th, 2016, 08:27 AM
Washington-Grizzly takes the cake for any road NDSU game I've went to. In the MVFC UNI is probably best (outside of you-know-who :)). I'd assume SDSU is right up there now with their new stadium but I haven't experienced that one for myself yet since the last time the Bison played there the stadium was only half done.

ST_Lawson
November 14th, 2016, 08:30 AM
I haven't actually been to many of our FCS away games, just Northern Iowa a couple of times (in the '90s and early '00s), Illinois State a couple of times (once in the '90s and twice last year), and Eastern Illinois once (this year). Out of those, the best gameday atmosphere I've experienced was Illinois State at their Homecoming last year. Mobs of people everywhere tailgating, band sounded great, good crowd. I was impressed. I'd love to get out to one of the "big" gameday atmosphere locations...NDSU, McNeese, Montana...at some point, but it'll probably have to wait until the kids are older.

jmufan999
November 14th, 2016, 08:45 AM
If we're going outside of our own school, then Liberty is the best I've seen at the FCS level, as much as I hate to admit that. I do think that the fact the students can't drink has a huge benefit in that department (what else are you going to do before the game, why not show up 45 minutes early? And you're certainly not going to leave the game early to go play monopoly in your dorm). Regardless, it's a great atmosphere, however they get it done.

BigSouthFan
November 14th, 2016, 09:28 AM
I second Liberty. Liberty has an amazing game day atmosphere. Before Appalachian State went FBS that was also a great game day atmosphere.

Thundar
November 14th, 2016, 09:30 AM
Frisco Texas

sudoCrushMS
November 14th, 2016, 09:42 AM
Frisco Texas

This.

POD Knows
November 14th, 2016, 09:44 AM
Frisco, TX and Montana.

Professor Chaos
November 14th, 2016, 10:05 AM
Frisco Texas

This.

Frisco, TX
The OP said "home" stadiums don't count. :D

McNeese72
November 14th, 2016, 10:08 AM

Yeah, the FargoDome(less) South doesn't count for you guys. ;)

Doc

JSUSoutherner
November 14th, 2016, 10:10 AM
Fine... Frisco, Texas.