PDA

View Full Version : Is Cal Poly trying to make voters mad at them?

taper
November 13th, 2016, 08:55 PM
The regular season ends next week and the selection committee will start placing teams for the announcement at 11ET the next morning. Poly scheduled a game starting at 9:05 PM ET. WTF mates? The result of that is very important to the field and you won't finish until about midnight? At least the EWU@PSU night game is on Friday. AGS final poll shouldn't open until that's finished either, so we have about an 11 hr window to get our poll in and published?

nodak651
November 13th, 2016, 09:15 PM
The regular season ends next week and the selection committee will start placing teams for the announcement at 11ET the next morning. Poly scheduled a game starting at 9:05 PM ET. WTF mates? The result of that is very important to the field and you won't finish until about midnight? At least the EWU@PSU night game is on Friday. AGS final poll shouldn't open until that's finished either, so we have about an 11 hr window to get our poll in and published?

I honestly think this hurt und last year as we played them in pretty much the same time slot for our last game.

F'N Hawks
November 13th, 2016, 09:40 PM
But Mark Wilson said they were up all night agonizing over their selections. xrolleyesx Poly better hope the committee liked their resume before the game started and had them slotted in with any form of a 'W'. Also, if you want to know what narrative is being pushed pay attention to twitter. Craig Haley and other FCS people will start mentioning things that may surprise you, like Western Illinois last year.

kalm
November 13th, 2016, 10:00 PM
Oh boo ****ing hoo.

Put on a cup of coffee and do your job.

ElCid
November 13th, 2016, 10:38 PM
If they win big, the timing might be perfect. Most recent news always seems to have a bigger impact whether it deserves it or not. Not saying it does or doesn't, just commenting on human nature. On the flip side if they lose or even squeak one out or go to OT, bye, bye maybe. Timing cuts both ways.

nodak651
November 13th, 2016, 11:08 PM
If they win big, the timing might be perfect. Most recent news always seems to have a bigger impact whether it deserves it or not. Not saying it does or doesn't, just commenting on human nature. On the flip side if they lose or even squeak one out or go to OT, bye, bye maybe. Timing cuts both ways.

Didn't help und when they demolished cal poly last year. I think the committee goes to sleep before the game ends.

JALMOND
November 14th, 2016, 01:22 AM

Notice how all of us on the west coast never complain about the easterners starting their games at 9am on Saturdays (I don't even get a chance to enjoy my bacon and eggs and read the morning paper). I believe that 6:05 start is an hour earlier than the rest of their games.

F'N Hawks
November 14th, 2016, 06:33 AM
Oh boo ****ing hoo.

Put on a cup of coffee and do your job.

That's what I thought, as well.

MR. CHICKEN
November 14th, 2016, 07:54 AM
Notice how all of us on the west coast never complain about the easterners starting their games at 9am on Saturdays (I don't even get a chance to enjoy my bacon and eggs and read the morning paper). I believe that 6:05 start is an hour earlier than the rest of their games.

.....ISN'T DIS COMPLAININ'....xconfusedx...............AH WOODN'T COMPLAIN...IFIN' AH COOD WATCH PIGGY....ALL-DAY...SATURDAY....DEN GO OUT AN' DO MAH YARD-WORK......xrolleyesx...BRAWK!