PDA

View Full Version : North Dakota bye week

clawman
November 13th, 2016, 08:42 PM
Do you think the timing of the bye week will hurt the Sioux?

UNDBIZ
November 13th, 2016, 09:06 PM
In terms of the committee's perception or rust for their playoff game?

70MilesFromCanada
November 13th, 2016, 09:06 PM

Nope. They have 0% chance of losing while 50% of those playing will lose. I like it!

PantherRob82
November 13th, 2016, 10:11 PM

More time to hit the weights. xlolx

BisonFan02
November 13th, 2016, 11:03 PM
More time to hit the weights. xlolx

This......bye week plus a potential 1st round bye.....lots of time to hit the wieghts. xlolx

SDFS
November 13th, 2016, 11:25 PM
With injuries to numerous players on O line, WR, RB and QB. I think they are OK with a couple of weeks off. If they could get 3 that would be great.

Bison56
November 14th, 2016, 09:42 AM
Yes, but you spelled Swallows wrong.

UNDColorado
November 14th, 2016, 11:33 AM
Normally I wouldn't want more than a couple weeks off but UND is a hurting unit right now. Our OL is depleted. QB is hurting even though he gutted it out Saturday. We have injuries at WR and LB that should be healthy in a couple weeks. 11 straight weeks will do that.

clawman
November 14th, 2016, 11:37 AM
I was thinking from the perspective of not being front of mind of the selection committee

IBleedYellow
November 14th, 2016, 11:42 AM
I was thinking from the perspective of not being front of mind of the selection committee
Yep. You never want to have a Bye that last week.

It's better than losing, I suppose.

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

F'N Hawks
November 14th, 2016, 11:46 AM
Yep. You never want to have a Bye that last week.

It's better than losing, I suppose.

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

Worked well for them last year. xrolleyesx Gladly take the bye.

Hammerhead
November 14th, 2016, 11:54 AM
50% of teams fighting for playoff spots and playoff seeds probably won't lose.

Nope. They have 0% chance of losing while 50% of those playing will lose. I like it!

Daytripper
November 14th, 2016, 12:05 PM
If they don't get a seed, then it is great. If they get a seed, it could be bad. Two weeks off has more negative impact than positive...Just MHO.

Twentysix
November 14th, 2016, 12:13 PM
it will probably negatively impact their potential seed ranking by 1. Of course the seed NDSU gets might have more of an impact on the seed UND gets, regionalization is ****ed up.

thebootfitter
November 14th, 2016, 12:26 PM
it will probably negatively impact their potential seed ranking by 1. Of course the seed NDSU gets might have more of an impact on the seed UND gets, regionalization is ****ed up.
Officially this is certainly not the case. The process has been discussed with committee members in the past and doesn't allow for anything like that to happen. I haven't yet seen anyone provide any clear and logical evidence that this sort of bias is happening. There's a lot of whining because some people don't like the way things shook out last year, but nothing else of substance. I really doubt the committee considers regionalization when seeding the top teams.

Twentysix
November 14th, 2016, 01:10 PM
Officially this is certainly not the case. The process has been discussed with committee members in the past and doesn't allow for anything like that to happen. I haven't yet seen anyone provide any clear and logical evidence that this sort of bias is happening. There's a lot of whining because some people don't like the way things shook out last year, but nothing else of substance. I really doubt the committee considers regionalization when seeding the top teams.

We can only hope that it isn't the case.

Of course if UND is seeded and it mirrors NDSUs seed it sure will be easy to point the finger at regionalization.

70MilesFromCanada
November 14th, 2016, 02:19 PM
50% of teams fighting for playoff spots and playoff seeds probably won't lose.

My analysis trumps yours because I didn't have the "probably" qualifier.

walliver
November 14th, 2016, 03:55 PM
Back in the good old days of 16 team playoffs, it was routine for schools to take the last week off if they expected to make the field.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

mmiller_34
November 14th, 2016, 04:46 PM
If SDSU beats UNI, and UND beats BYE, which is better?

Schism55
November 14th, 2016, 05:37 PM
Be very interesting if Jacks get the win.
5dimes has UNI as 4.5 pt fav.

geaux_sioux
November 14th, 2016, 06:51 PM
Bye State Tech has a better defense than UNI....

Bisonator
November 14th, 2016, 08:01 PM
Wouldn't be at all surprised to see UND smash Bye this weekend. They've been lifting for damn near a whole year now and still have a huge chip (no it's a ****ing whole potato!) on their shoulder because of the committee leaving them out of the PO field last year. They will #leavenodoubt this year!

https://ofopinions.files.wordpress.com/2015/10/chip_on_shoulder-shoulders-chip-ktan118_low.jpg

elcid96
November 15th, 2016, 04:57 AM

They also have 0% chance of winning while 50% of those playing will win.

70MilesFromCanada
November 15th, 2016, 06:59 AM
They also have 0% chance of winning while 50% of those playing will win.

My thoughts as we go into the final week are wins are more beneficial for unseeded/bubble teams. Losses have a bigger impact on seeds.

UNDColorado
November 15th, 2016, 07:54 AM
There's a lot of weight lifting going on up north this week, thousands of pounds I tell ya! xthumbsupx

70MilesFromCanada
November 15th, 2016, 09:14 AM
http://www.anygivensaturday.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=23869&stc=1

ursus arctos horribilis
November 15th, 2016, 10:46 AM
http://www.anygivensaturday.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=23869&stc=1

Nice one. Looks good, if you want to get rid of the extra image below it you can deselect the check box below where you insert the link as well.

Jacked_Rabbit
November 15th, 2016, 11:17 AM
Be very interesting if Jacks get the win.
5dimes has UNI as 4.5 pt fav.

SDSU will be seeded with a win over UNI. Whether it is UND that gets knocked out because of it or not will depend on the results of the other top 10 teams. MVFC Co-Champs (with the H2H tiebreaker over NDSU) will not be left out. Only thing UND's resume has over SDSU is the H2H result with Cal Poly - both were very close games, however. Aside from that, SDSU resume is far better in ever other aspect (SOS, quality wins, bad losses, wins vs Top10 & Top25, close loss to TCU trumps BG, etc).

All of that said, I think UNI knocks off the Jacks this weekend, so this will likely all be a moot point....

Professor Chaos
November 15th, 2016, 01:19 PM
SDSU will be seeded with a win over UNI. Whether it is UND that gets knocked out because of it or not will depend on the results of the other top 10 teams. MVFC Co-Champs (with the H2H tiebreaker over NDSU) will not be left out. Only thing UND's resume has over SDSU is the H2H result with Cal Poly - both were very close games, however. Aside from that, SDSU resume is far better in ever other aspect (SOS, quality wins, bad losses, wins vs Top10 & Top25, close loss to TCU trumps BG, etc).

All of that said, I think UNI knocks off the Jacks this weekend, so this will likely all be a moot point....
Another snowstorm rolling into Sioux Falls Thursday/Friday no? I wonder if this year the Jacks might get out of Dodge early for their week 12 road game. ;)

Hammerhead
November 15th, 2016, 04:32 PM
Does the NCAA set limits on how late in the year teams can practice? I was just wondering if teams that have no shot at the playoffs and a bye the last week of the season just call it a year after the last game.

pokefan02
November 15th, 2016, 06:27 PM
The past couple of years McNeese has had their bye week on the second to last week of the season and have come out flat in the last game. Last year they had a bye week, a game and then another bye week and were flat both games.

Sent from my SM-G930P using Tapatalk

OverratedGriz
November 15th, 2016, 08:44 PM

The Champion of the conference that a better head to head record vs the MVFC will be seeded.

The common opponents prove it.

UNDBIZ
November 15th, 2016, 09:10 PM
Although we'll never agree who should be seeded between UND and SDSU if SDSU wins this week, I think we can all agree none of us truly knows right now who WILL be seeded in that scenario. The committee doesn't follow a certain set of rules, constantly contradicts itself, and is impossible to predict.

dudeitsaid
November 15th, 2016, 09:53 PM
Although we'll never agree who should be seeded between UND and SDSU if SDSU wins this week, I think we can all agree none of us truly knows right now who WILL be seeded in that scenario. The committee doesn't follow a certain set of rules, constantly contradicts itself, and is impossible to predict.

Based on their top 10, I think the games next weekend will be most top of mind, and that could push UND out of the picture.

However, if more than one team in the top ten loses (AGS), then I think UND would still get a seed.